Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/230/145

Height: 5'6"

Question My day.... input wanted

Well dinner and eating time is over for today and heres where I
ended up for the day........

I think too much fat not enough calories........ What are your thoughts!

692 Calories
21g Carbs
48.5g Fat
40g Protein
PrimChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I agree with your assessment. It be helpful to post your menu for the daily, posters might be able to offer specific areas of improvement.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #3  

Okay.... what I ate today

Breakfast~ 2 hard boiled eggs and water (not a big morning eater)

Lunch~ Iceberg Salad with Ranch Dressing and Cherry Sugar free Jello and Water

Dinner~ Grilled Pork Chop and Cauliflower with Cheese sauce.... And a Propel Berry water......

I know its a no no, no fruit.........but I dont eat fruit.... I dont like it never have Ive tried time and time again thinking I might grow to like it but I just dont......
Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

IN order to bring down the fat content, try scrambled egg whites (or Egg Beaters) rather than whole eggs. You still get the protein, but less fat. Double the amount of vegetables for dinner, but skip the cheese if at all possible.

Add in some more vegetables. Your salad would be great with a bunch of different vegetables thrown in.

Add brown rice to your dinner.

Add a snack of yogurt.

You're right--way too few calories. If you continue to eat like that, your body will think it is starving and you'll start losing muscle rather than losing fat. We need to keep our muscle (especially your heart).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #5  

Thanks for all the tips........

This is how the fat broke down over my day if it helps on giving me tips at all

14G for the Eggs
6.5G for the Dressing on my Salad
5G for the Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce
23G for the pork chop (got that figure from a book I have dont know how accurate that is though)
Old 04-17-2007, 07:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I guess I don't eat a lot of pork! Perhaps less pork and more chicken and turkey will help there, though I'm sure you don't eat it every day. To get an idea of what other people eat, check out the daily menus--there is one in the support forum and another weekly menu post in the Whole Foods forum.
Good luck!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #7  

Thanks so much hun! I really appreciate it!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #8  
Believe

You're right - too much fat and not enough calories. And unless you're doing weight training I would even say that it's too much protein (but that is just my option!). It breaks my heart that you don't like fruit - but if you don't like fruit, you don't like fruit. So you need to find another way to get some fiber in - eat more veggies or some high fiber cereal like Fiber One. I eat at least one serving of Fiber One a day. A lot of people say it tastes wonderful...I still think it tastes like cardboard, but it is a better quality cardboard and the benefits out weigh the taste.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:02 PM   #9  

No weight training here just brisk walking....

Thanks for the advice sweetie!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Jacki, how in the world are you able to eat so little? Aren't you ravenous? How can you possibly keep up with your 5 kids on that little? Just curious, is this a typical day of yours or just a rare one? I'm not trying to be nosy, just trying to help you out.

Here's a quick sample of a typical day of mine.

B - 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal mixed with 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk. that's lots of fiber, carbs and protein. Very filling and healthy. - less then 200 calories
S - danon lite and fit yogurt with some Fiber One mixed in-90 cals
L - 1 - 3oz can tuna in water, 1 red pepper sliced, 1 cucumber sliced, 5 almonds, 2 skinny multi-grain rice cake - about 250 calories
S- sliced apple with cinnamon sprinkled on it - about 80 calories
D - Chicken breast stir fry with tons of veggies, like broccoli, onions, spinach, zuchinni, red pepper and mushrooms - about 450 cals
S - fat free jello pudding - 60 cals.
And throughout the day I nibble at least another 200 calories worth on some pistachio nuts, some grapes, some strawberries, baby carrots and the such.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #11  
Believe

Well crap! Ignore what I said about protein. I was reading it right, but my brain took it another way (it was thinking 40% of your total calorie breakdown was protein!). But I still stand by the needing more fiber!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #12  

No worries about asking questions Im an open book.....

No thats a typical day for me.... But just started writing down my intake thats why the when I saw the fat I was like WOOOW..... I cant believe in the last 8 years Ive gotten so big....... Granted Ive had 5 kids but Ive never been a big eater....
Old 04-17-2007, 10:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone. New user here with over 100 + lbs to lose. My sister has told me to hook up to this website and I am not sure if this is what i need. What i think I need is a diet that is easy to follow and not the food guide. Any suggestions would be great however I am leaning towards the gi diet.Hope to get some motivation back too! Never have been this big and is depressing to see how much work is involved at taking it off! Not one to exercise much although i am currently a member at Curves close to where I live.
Any words of wisdom from you who have been here and lost?????

Thanks Take Care
pawskiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Welcome pawskiny,

There are lots of fellow "losers" on this website that are more than willing to help support you There are individual forums for some of the more popular eating plans which I recommend for perusal.

My basic word of wisdom would be to just get a feel for this site, start improving your diet slowly and increasing your exercise. We are here to help
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #15  

Jacki,

Have you tried romaine lettuce? Iceberg lettuce doesn't have much (if any) nutritional value. Definitely add more veggies to the salad-raw broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, etc.

Do you like skim milk or low fat yogurt? You may be able to use more calcium, I think. I'm not a nutritionist or anything, but you may not be getting enough.

Also, I didn't see any whole grains either.

I don't know how you have any energy with so little food. Please don't think I'm judging or criticizing you-I'm not. I'm just amazed you can keep up with your kids while eating so little.

It's important to get enough nutrients. You can easily add plenty of nutrtious foods and still lose weight.

Best of luck-
sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote