South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #1  
keep on

S/C/G: 187/173/130

Height: 5*8

Default south beach diet wisdom

i have currently been on the south beach diet for almost a month and i am still in phase 1. i have lost 14 lbs so far. 12 the first two weeks, 3rd week 2 more lbs. 3rd week ----anxiously awaiting improvement. can i keep expecting weight loss. any insights or ideas? words o wisdom
Old 04-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Aimee. Congratulations on your loss! 14 pounds is great. Are you exercising? If not, you might want to add some walking, biking, swimming, etc into your day. Exercise can really ramp up the weight loss. I can also recommend checking in with the Southbeach portion of this site. There is a wonderful thread under the Frequently Asked Questions portion that talks about what to do if you're not losing. I can also recommend checking out the discussion sites for some added support and motivation.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Hi I would recommend that you move gradually to phase 2... by adding food and calories and variety you will improve your chance at weight loss.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:39 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Aimeep! to our little corner of the beach!

You definitely should not remain on P1 any longer. 2 weeks is the maximum one should be on P1 because it's just not a healthy way to live in the longterm. You can read more about it in this thread based on an article from the SBD Daily Dish.

One of the other reasons, besides health, that you should move to P2 is that staying on P1 is likely to result in no further weight loss...and you may even gain! So please work on moving to P2 today!

Here are some threads that can help you figure out how to safely move to P2 and figure out what combination of good carbs and fruit will work for you. But please feel free to post a thread anytime if you're confused or need help. And you can always ask in the daily, too!

Emergency Handbook for Phase 2
What's your P2 Combo?
How To Adapt Your Meal Plan (scroll down for the Phase 2 information)

Don't be scared of P2, Aimeep. It's amazing! I've lost more than 95 pounds in P2...and really enjoyed myself at the same time!
Closed Thread