Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #1  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Very Frustrated...Bad Week

Uggh...I am feeling very frustrated and guilty today. The past week was pretty bad for me because I was out of town for work and I kind of used it as an excuse to binge. Then when I got back this weekend I binged even more. I had McDonald's, Taco Bell, mexican food, donuts. I wouldn't have had McDonald's but then I was on my way to the grocery store and I stopped at McDonald's (which is right next door). I think part of the reason I am feeling guilty is because I ate there and didn't tell my husband...and then we went and ate when I got home. Uggh!!

I had been doing so good. I don't have a problem keeping up my exercise, but eating healthy has been so difficult for me...especially on weekends. I do great during the week (when I am in town) and then once the weekend gets here I fall off the wagon. One of my hardest problems is that I feel like I have to keep up with my husband. Also, its been a while since I had felt miserably stuffed and its like I just wanted to fell that way one more time. I don't know if any of you ever feel this way. Well, thanks for the vent and if you have any advice, please do share!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I know how you are feeling... This weekend I ate sooooooo horribly! Three people had birthday parties this week one Friday, a second Saturday and yet another Sunday! It was way too tough to turn down all the food and drinks when everyone else is enjoying it. It was tons of fun at the time but now I feel way bloated and gross (TOM is even here too)! The only advice I think we should both take is to get back on the wagon today! Once we get through a few days of being good again we will both feel much better and motivated yay! Good luck and feel better!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #3  

Hi Spunkster5

I can totally relate to your post....I am on my fourth day of a program that I'm doing mostly in an effort to rein in my binge-purge behavior and it is such a struggle today...I have that feeling like I just want to throw in and the towel, and give in to the eating. I usually get this way when I'm too tired. The only thing that's stopping me right now is that I am terrified that once I start I won't stop...that's what always happens, and then it takes me days to get off the merry go round.
Here's thinking good thoughts for you,

VeggigeGirl1
VeggieGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #4  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Liz! I am in the exact same boat right now I think I could have written this post. I completely understand. Here's how I feel:

I'm really frustrated with myself. I started off doing really well and then I hit a plateau and just sabotaged myself eventually. So now I haven't lost a pound in over a month and it looks like I won't reach my goal in a healthy way so I have to adjust it now to a doable goal. Every weekend I start the weekend with this idea that this is the last time I will be able to eat treats and that causes me to binge. It seems anything can "cause me to binge these days". Its that idea that this is the Last Supper. Also going out with friends is a licence for me to eat well over what I need.

I have no problem keeping up with my workouts but then I binge on my own, in groups of people, anywhere really. I decided this morning after eating a ridiculous amount of chocolate this weekend and graham crackers, really whatever I could get my hands on, that I am going to send my trainer an update of what I eat that is not necessary every few days (Thurs and Mon) so that if I do go overboard, I have to tell her anyway. It would embarass me enough that I would rather not eat junk food. Does your husband know about your struggle? Maybe it would feel better to confide in him? Or in some other party. You can PM me if you like. I can keep you accountable even if I can't keep myself that way all the time. I would be happy to help.

You've come so far already. Don't give up on yourself now. WE can do this together. I have 6 more weeks until my goal date. I've been at the same weight for weeks so I'm really watching what I eat. I just get so frustrated that I spend all this time at the gym and have very little to show for it because I'm overeating.

I wish you luck and know you can keep up the good work you've already come so far.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:12 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Aw Liz. It is really difficult when you are in binge mode to get a hold and pull yourself out of that vicious cycle.
But, I know that you can do it! Look at your weightloss girl! That didn't come from binging--- so you just need to do whatever works for you to try and STOP IT and bring yourself back to a healthy mindset and body.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #6  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

Thanks ya'll for all the encouragement!!! I am starting to feel better already!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

I just wanted to say I'm the same way. I can get into a good exercise routine and stick with it easily.. I just make myself do it. But it's so much harder for me to get the food part down. And when I do binge in private it happens so fast that afterward I am like "Why did I do that?" But don't worry, you'll get back on track, it just takes one good day!
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote