Old 04-16-2007, 06:54 AM   #1  

Default 30 Something's Chat: Mon March 16th

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am back We had a massive computer crash last week - with lots of tragedy (two teenagers without internet access..... and a Mom without Internet.....you get the picture......) but hubby made our week by getting us back into cyber world
Besides the crash we had a lot of work to do because we renovated one of the kidsŽrooms and redecorated it as well. And sorted stuff out - omG......
Little boy is doing his concert tour with the "Lords of the Ring Symphony" and we saw this last night - fantastic! Really really great. If one of you has the chance to watch this show - just do it! IŽll go and buy the CD the moment it comes to the shop.
I gained weight over Easter - too much chocolate and no gym But IŽll go back to the gym tomorrow and I am hopefully doing much better today.
I have to check a lot of threads now...
Hugs from a wonderful sunny and really warm place
Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:22 AM   #2  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

GOOD MORNING ALL MY FAVORITE LITTLE MUFFINS THAT I HAVE MISSED WITH ALL OF MY HEART!!!!

Yup, can ya tell I've had little conversation for over a week? I mean, Vittori's great and all, but hamsters are pretty darn quiet!

Yeah, I gained 2 pounds but lost it again, so PHEW! For some crack headed reason, I am wanting instant gratification with this weight loss thang. Granted....I know just as well as the next person that as I continue to train and build the muscle back up, the weight will increase until it starts burnin' the booty fat.....BUT STILL!

I will say that I'm actually not vomiting now when I take a peek @ my dimply butt butt....so is that a start or WHAT? YEEEEEHAWWWWW!!!!! I think others may still vomit though, so I'm keepin' that bad boy covered this summer! YES, Lauren- that means I will have to continue dreamin' about snakes for at least another year! MISSED YOU!

GG: My little pumpkin!!!! You are sooooooo wonderful and I'm also sorry to hear about the sad weekend at work. MISSED YOU!

What did I miss everyone? Sure, I could totally go back and read the 8 million posts....but I want instant gratification!!!! 8-)

Joan: What's up with the house? MISSED YOU!

Lisa: How's gram and gramps doin'? MISSED YOU!

Tina: Where ya at gurl? Hollah! MISSED YOU!

Roo, Karen K, RR, Hanna, Kerri, Sheila, Indiana, Kirsten, Christina, and everyone I have totally just blanked out on (which doesn't mean I love you any less)- MISSED YOU TOO!!!!

Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good morning everyone

Well the weekend went way too fast but what else is new. The next few weeks well it is going to be crazy. Not to mention Daycare lately has just been NUTS!
The weekend was a stressful weekend. Most of my sons friends were busted for drugs. My son obviously I have made an impression, I took him straight to the cop shop to be tested to clear his name and guess what....It did just that cleared his name. He flat told the police officer heck I am to afraid to try that stuff my mom would kick the crap out of me and take everything away from me. I told chris you might find a different group to hang with. Needless to say I was proud of him. My stress eating yesterday was rough but not so bad that I ended up hating myself but I had a nacho!!

Kirsten: Glad you are back on missed your posts. Sounds like things are going well for you.

Everyone else sorry I didn't reply over the weekend but as you can tell it was crazy. I hope you all have a great week eating and stay focused.

Take care
sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All !

Kirsten ~ it's so good to see your sunny notes! I noticed that you weren't around but figured that you were too busy filling your head cultural stuff:-)... that is *so* cool that your son is part of the LOR concert tour.

Melinda ~ MISSED YOU little buddy!!! I read that you went to the gym every day during vacation??? EXCELLENT! Hang in there and the pounds will start to come off. I'm proud of you.

Sheila ~ I am soooo not looking forward to teenage years... My oldest just turned 9 and he is just recently starting to act like I'm not "tops" anymore. Scary stuff but I'm so happy that your son was clean. You are obviously making a far more positive impression on him than you realized.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!! We sold our house! We signed all of the paperwork last night. WHEW! I was starting to get anxious because of the whole contingency thing (we had until April 30th to get ours under contract). We lowered our price by $3,000 last week and this gal jumped on it and is paying our asking price. Now come the inspections phase.... ugh.

I can't tell you how relieved I feel as we had lots and lots of showings (which I'm grateful for!) but, keeping it perfect is tough with three little kids and shedding kitty.

Got on the scale this morning and my weight has stayed the same. When I'm stressed I tend to not want to eat. I'm dropping the kids off at school and preschool this morning and then going for a good long walk. It looks like we're in for some beautiful weather here today. Hope that everyone has a Happy Monday! Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Joan, CONGRATS!!!!! That's great news!

Sheila, Hats off to you for being such a great mom and raising a great kid!

Melinda, Girl, I soo missed your happy posts! Welcome back! Now get your dimply butt exercising, or somethin'!

Kirsten, Welcome back to you too! Glad you made it back to our little world!

Back on track today. I haven't been totally off track, but I did get into some Easter candy. Hey I have an off-beat question. I remember one of our girls here is Jewish, can't remember who though...anyway, do Jews get sucked into the Easter Candy trouble? I don't think I've ever seen Passover-specific candy, just wondering!!

I may have to catch a boat ride home tonight...it's STILL raining. It's been since Saturday night. DH said he heard on the news we got a months worth of rain in a couple days. I had all sorts of detours coming in today, because of flooding. Row, Row, Row Your Boat...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!
It was a busy weekend~
Did get to the gym on Saturday, not Sunday
I took DS to the movies we saw "Firehouse Dog" cute movie, ate lots of popcorn that is the worst thing I did all weekend after eating chocolate and potato chips on Friday. Amazingly enought I did loose another 1/2 Lb. I don't know how, but I will not complaint!!!
Things are not looking too good with DS, the thought of a group home is coming to my mind it never before has but reality is it may be in the futurue if not near future.

I am dressed and ready to go to the gym!!!! I am going to try to stay positive and eat healthy!!! Wish me a good week!!! I need one
BBB AAA DDD LLL YYY!!! and so does DS!

Did you guys notice no word from GG this AM I hope she doesn't have a crazy week, no more emergencies for you.

LHB. Sorry to hear you have to row your boat (lol) to get to work, what a drag, I hope the weahter gets better SOON!!! I am the jewish gal here! nop, no Easter Candy to worry about, we don't eat bread or flour product for a week during passover, we eat Matza

Joan
Congratulations on the sale of the house, don't stress w/inspections they are what they are. Things can get fixed and work out! Show us pics of the new house!!!

Sheila WHAT A GREAT MOM YOU ARE!!! you must be sooo proud of your boy!! what at great thing!
Keep doing the great job you have been!

Kristen
Nice to see you back!

Melinda I am so glad for you to get the puter back! I can't imagine to having mine!

I am on my way to the gym! I will check in again when I get back!!!

Hug,

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #7  
LBH

Thanks for the update Hanna!! (There's no bread or flour in Candy though...right?) Sorry to hear about DS. A group home may just be the best thing for him, as hard as that is to hear for a mom. Hugs to you.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Doing a fly by i read daily just lurk but still waiting for baby to come
i'll post more tonight
Take care
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #9  
Kalamazoo Girl

Joan: baby!!!! That is soooooooo awesome that you sold the house! Oh my gosh how mahvelous! I should leave and go away on vacation more often! Good luck on the inspections! I'm sure everything will go fine, and even if they ask ya to correct some things, we'll make it through!

Hanna: Oh pumpkin, I'm really sorry about your facing that option! You've just worked so hard though....but regardless, we are here for you totally! 1/2 pound down? ROCKIN' THE HOUSE!!!

GG & Tina: Where the heck are you ladies???

Roo: Hey, since I've been gone, did you ever confront Mr. Train the Traitor man? If so, how'd it go?

Sheila: Great pic on your postings, BTW! Just as sweet and spunky as I pictured ya! Friggin' AWESOME that your son made that comment-that is sooooo the key to success right there! Kudos to you!

Lauren: On the boat comment!!!!

Melinda
Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Hi everyone! I will be reading and lurking here for a bit so I can get to know you all.

I am starting fresh today after a 9 day binge. Boy it was sweet!! Dh is starting the night shift and will be out of my hair. So I now have no excuse to eat poorly in the evening. I am counting calories and exercising to loose my weight for the third time.

Short form of my weight loss history.

1999- lost 50lbs with WW I was very motivated and nothing could stop me.

2002- Got married, got pregnant... lost first baby m/c

2003- lost second and third pregnanies gained 47lbs emotional eating

2004- stopped thinking about baby and getting healthy again. I worked out like mad and did WW again lost 34 of the 47 when, Dec 2004 I found out SURPRISE I WAS PREGNANT!!!
Fear of losing another pregnancy I ate and ate and ate myself to a 57 lbs gain.

July 2005- had my miracle baby!!! Now the weight loss would have to start all over again.

Present- SLLLLOOOOWWWWLY have lost 44 lbs. IT is much much harder this time around.

I work in the foodservice industry as a rep selling to major chain accounts, It is so hard not to taste test everything.!
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #11  
Kalamazoo Girl

Karyn: So glad you made it to our little part of the world!!!

I am sooo sorry to hear about all of your challenges-especially the m/c. However, you are just amazingly strong. A lot of women wouldn't have made it through such heartache with only weight gain. So I'm very humbled by you already!

About the weight roller coaster that many of us have ridden over the years-the wonderful thing is this: you have been very successful in the past-and have already lost 44 pounds this turn. Therefore, YOU WILL be successful again!

Again, welcome to 30 somethings and I'm looking forward to learning more about ya. This group here has completely lifted my spirits and changed my outlook on life...and in just one month of joining the family. I know you're in the right place!

Melinda
Old 04-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #12  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

OK so what does BTW mean?
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #13  
Kalamazoo Girl

Sheila: BTW= By the way. Sorry 'bout that! Melinda
Old 04-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all!

MJ, Grandpa is fine, Gma on the other hand ~~ She feels perfectly fine, however she doesn't realize that she cant be alone anymore.

Karyn, to our little group ~ that's not so little any more . Congrats on the 44 lbs that you have lost already, that is a HUGE accomplishment. I am sure that you want to lose a lot more, but dont discount the fact that you have already come a long way, baby.

Joan, Wow, that's great news!! I am soo glad that this particular weight has been lifted from your shoulders. Like the rest of the ladies have said, dont worry about the inspections, what will happen will happen.

Hanna, I am sooo sorry for the decisions that you are now facing. It is tough trying to do what is best for your family and knowing that it might not be the best for you personally ~ but it is for them. My thoughts and prayers are with ya.

Lauren, You might need more than a boat to get home. I have a feeling you might need to look for higher ground soon.

Shiela, Congrats on raising a such a good son.

GG, RR, RX, and others that havent posted today

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #15  
LBH

Karyn, Glad to see you made it to the Daily thread! Soo sorry to hear about your babies, but congrats on your little miracle! Stick around, I think we're a fun bunch!

Lisa, You're tellin' me?! My backyard is flooded, and we're on a slight hill! The woods behind us are flooded too. There's a huge field I pass on the way to work, a small airport is on the one side of the road and this open field on the other. The field looks like a lake today, just the tippy tops of the "grass" (long field-ish stuff) is showing! There were quite a few "ponds" on my route that used to be grass.