General chatter - Hockey Playoffs Have Begun

View Full Version : Hockey Playoffs Have Begun

srmb60
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Holy lengthy games Batman ... I had to go to sleep and watch highlights this morning.

I thought Pittsburg looked green and Ottawa looked like they were floating and skating over a green team. If the Sens rest on their more mature laurels, they could be in trouble.

I'm pretty sure the Ducks aren't underestimating Minnesota but a bunch of fans probably are. The Wild are not schlumps.

I haven't seen much of Nashville in the regular season. I don't like them. San Jose winning that one is OK by me.

I'm really struggling with Dallas/Vancouver. I have never like Vancouver and I've always like Dallas. However I probably should be more nationally loyal. If the Stars are as tired as I think they are and more games go into overtime like that :o ... Vancouver could beat them.

bibbityboo
04-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I believe the Sens will take this Series. The game last night was fantastic, and this city is full of Sens fever!

Ari
04-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I like Dallas and my husband likes Montreal (our home cities) but since Montreal's out I guess we get to cheer for Dallas. Or he'll pick some other team. I was pretty disappointed in the refs for the season because on more than one occasion the cameras are zoomed in on one guy hitting another guy in the face with a stick and the refs wouldnt do crap about it. We'd wait until after the game to see if the league would give a suspension... I like to watch hockey fights but some stuff is just dirty , like hitting a guy when he's fallen on the ice trying to get back up. I hope the refs are a bit better for playoffs.

Jayjay55
04-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Gotta stand up here for Vancouver -- YAY Canucks!!!! My sweetie was at the game(s) last night -- he had to give up near the end of the third overtime period --- the parking garage closed at midnight LOL. He went to the game in his new Canuck jersey that he had signed just the week before by his fav player Trevor Linden.

Until the Canucks are out I am hoping for them all the way --- when I started my job here 13 years ago it was the day of the 7th game (Vancouver vs Rangers) -- pretty exciting times that we haven't seen since.

Joanne

SouthernComfort257
04-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Thank you, Canadians, for giving us Ice Hockey!!

First ever playoff game tonight in Atlanta. Thrashers vs Rangers.

Go Thrashers!!!

techwife
04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
The playoffs start for us at 8pm tonight against the Islanders!!

:woohoo: GO SABRES!! :woohoo:

Rose2
04-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Go Sabres!!!!!

Artemesia
04-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Yes, go Sabres!!!

chelbell95
04-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Looking forward to Saturday's game. I think people will see a different PENS team on Saturday. AND....... I'm going to the game Sunday in Pittsburgh so I am excited for the first PLAYOFF game in the BURGH in quite some time. I am sure my BOYS in Black and Gold will not disappoint!!!!

Mel
04-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Go anybody but the Sabres! or NJ...can't stand Brodeur!

Hockey ended here around Christmas :p What a horrible season :(

Mel

srmb60
04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Brodeur has grown on me. Years ago I thought he was a fat head ... but I don't mind him now.

Poor Calgary ... this is not good.

EZMONEY
04-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Do all hockey players have mulletts?

srmb60
04-13-2007, 07:55 AM
CBC broadcast the Calgary/Detroit game. Even tho' I like the Wings very much this year, it was not a good game. I switched and watch Sabers/Islanders instead. Much better hockey and a better match than I expected. No I don't think the Islanders can beat Buffalo, but it was good hockey.

I really thought Atlanta would have the newbie floaty elation to beat the Rangers. Didn't see the game, don't know what happened there.

Tampa and New Jersey are very different teams. I guess I'm not surprised that the Devils won. But I'm not sure they're sturdy enough to go very far. They don't have much besides Brodeur.

techwife
04-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Do all hockey players have mulletts?

No, but they'll all start sprouting beards now, during playoffs. My daughter is growing in her armpit hair for the playoffs. Gross. Good thing bathing suit season doesn't start around here till at least late June :o Daddy won't allow her on the boat like that!

Mel: Well, I'm assuming you're a Flyers fan? If you hate the Sabres then you must love your new goalie ;) The Flyers are quite lucky to have Marty, in fact. He's, arguably, as good as (if not better than) our starting goaltender. Things will be looking up for the Flyers next year with him in the net. But I'm with you on NJ. I feel bad for the fans and players, but that owner just has to go down in flames of humiliation.

Chell: You're so lucky to go to a playoff game.

Susan: I quite liked the Sabres game too! :woohoo:

Jayjay55
04-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Ahh the Hockey Mullet -- lets hope we see less of them -- LOL

Southern you are most welcome for Hockey -- you must be too young to remember the Atlanta Flames (now Calgary). I hope you enjoyed your first NHL playoff game.

My friend's step-son was in the NJ organization and the owner is even more crazy than what you see in the press -- good thing he got traded to Minnesota a few weeks ago.

Oh Calgary where were you last night?? I will get more interested in the next round -- right now there are too many teams playing -- too confusing for this Canuck.

Ok my Canucks are back on tonight and lets hope the injuries won't take too much of a toll.

techwife
04-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey! Check out this cool video by the Goo Goo Dolls (from Buffalo). Sabres fans will love it, Mel (and other anti-Sabres fans) will hate it...

http://www.sabres.com/components/files/playoff_open07.mov

Artemesia
04-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Awww, I loved that video! Thanks techwife!

EZMONEY
04-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey TECH Did you see the story in Sports Illustrated this week on Chris Drury? It's pretty good...can one of the sports' greatest clutch players deliver a title to the losingest city in America? Pick it up if you haven't already.

MY ;) DUCKS are going WILD!!

Jayjay55
04-16-2007, 06:37 PM
EZ if my Canucks don't make it my next team is the DUCKS and they are going wild!!!! LOL the WILD just put in another call to the farm team -- my friend's step son was called up -- not sure if he will see any ice time but he is excited.

EZMONEY
04-16-2007, 07:40 PM
That is awesome for the boy JOANNE! How cool for you and your friends!!

techwife
04-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Game 4 starts at 7:30 in NY against the Islanders. The Sabres are leading the series 2-1 and do REALLY well on the road, so I'm hopeful.

How are your teams doing? The Flames had a great victory over the Red Wings last night. I saw the first goal and went to sleep after that and was glad this morning to see they won!! Go Flames!!! (I always root for the Canadian teams when they play...unless they're playing the Sabres...)

EZMONEY
04-18-2007, 07:11 PM
ducks coulda shoulda woulda swept...but no cigar...going wild

techwife
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Sabres won 2-4 :woohoo: That gives them a 3-1 lead in the series. One more win and it's off to the next round. I get a kick out of the Islanders fans throwing their trash on the ice when things aren't going their way. Gotta love it.

sweet_talker
04-19-2007, 07:05 PM
go flames! c'mon we gotta win tonight's game. and the sabres have been doin' good good good, techwife!! i have an old buffalo jersey that used to be my dad's.

3 new york teams and jersey all in it

techwife
04-20-2007, 10:01 PM
:woohoo: THE SABRES MOVE ON TO ROUND 2!! :woohoo:

srmb60
04-22-2007, 10:04 AM
I am sooo out of the loop. As soon as I catch up with all of you folks, I'll have to catch up on the hockey neews.

EZMONEY
04-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey SWEET~TALKER...I see your :flame: get a little bit nasty when they lose a game!

Way to brag TECHWIFE! did you see me getting "all chest pumped out" when the DUCKS clinched a 2nd round series FIRST? NO you did not...me and BOTH the hockey fans here in southern California just ordered another pitcher at the sports bar.

Decade
04-22-2007, 11:57 PM
My Stars have come back from a 2 game deficit and have won the last 2. Game 7 tomorrow night in Vancouver....go Stars!

Decade
04-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Techwife...thanks for the Sabres update...used to watch them very closely and have been outta watching for several years now.

techwife
04-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Well, Calgary fans can be proud of their team. They went down fightin', that's for sure!!

And here we all are waiting for Dallas to play Vancouver tonight so we can all move on to the next round. I'll, of course, be rooting for Vancouver because I love the Canadian teams and still hate Dallas after that Brett Hull shot in quadruple over time that robbed the Sabres of the Stanley Cup all those years ago. Some wounds take longer to heal. :(

srmb60
04-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Brett Hull was one of the talking-over-a-desk guys on whatever pregame show we watched yesterday. Don't really like him, not sorry he retired.

If it weren't for John Tortorella (or whatever his name is) I'd be sorry Tampa is out. I'm not sure Ottawa can beat New Jersey.

As soon as Dallas puts Vancouver out ;) I'll be able to update my pool.

Decade
04-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I remember that one techwife....that was a heartbreaker. I like both teams, but the Sabres ultimately come number 1 to me.

And Susan....I love you confidence in Dallas....I certainly don't have that much in them winning in Vancouver...but then again I didn't when they were in Vancouver for game 4.

techwife
04-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Decade: I'm glad you understand. Most people who like Dallas, typically hate Buffalo...and that goes for football, as well. Did you see the video link I posted at the top of page two of this tread? I just really hope this is the year a sports team from Buffalo takes home the grand prize. Too many Super Bowls...too many Stanley Cups...have been just out of reach too many times. I hope this is our year. :cloud9:

Susan: Ottawa has become one tough team. Is it Ottawa and the Devils then? I've been working all day and haven't seen for sure. If the Sabres end up playing Ottawa in a series, that will be one heck of a match up!!

srmb60
04-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Yup, the Sens and the Devils .... what is happening with Dallas???

techwife
04-24-2007, 07:53 AM
The Canucks knocked off the Stars!! :woohoo: Like I said, I tend to side with the Canadian teams (Unless they're playing Buffalo) because I love to see the fans all decked out and so much more passionate about their teams. I felt really bad for the Calgary fans. I bet 98% of the people in the crowd had on a red Flames jersey. The fans north of the border just look so much more organized than here. Don't even get me started on the Islanders fans throwing trash onto the ice. What a bunch of jerks.

Okay...Round 2 starts tomorrow for the Sabres against the Rangers. I may have a battle with my son's principal at school...he's a Rangers fan.

I think I might have to shop around eBay for a Sabres flag to hang out front of my house. :chin:

srmb60
04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I can't believe Vancouver did that. I guess I underestimated them. Wow.

srmb60
04-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Well, none of last night turned out like I'd thought. Hmmm.

techwife
04-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Wow!! The Red Wings shut out!! What a twist!! And, I don't really want NJ or Ottawa to win. They both scare me, but (assuming Buffalo wins this series against the Rangers) we'll end up playing one of the two next series.

:woohoo:GO SABRES:woohoo:

techwife
04-27-2007, 10:31 PM
:woohoo:

techwife
05-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Well, my Sabres are really struggling against the Rangers. It seems like our team just hasn't been the same since the injured players came back. I'd almost like to finish this series by having the younguns from Rochester in again. We did GREAT with the called-up Amerks. But, they seem to have lost the wind in their sails. I hope they get it back soon!!

I'm sad the Canucks lost to the Ducks. That leave Ottawa as the only Canadian team left and if we win this series, then we'll likely have to play them. They scare me half to death. Although, it would prove to be a VERY passionate playoff series.

techwife
05-04-2007, 10:56 PM
:faint: I'm getting too old for this overtime crap. One more win and we're on to the next series!! :woohoo:

How come I'm the only one on this thread lately? Where have all the hockey fans gone?

EZMONEY
05-04-2007, 11:00 PM
I dunno TECH...but Angie and I just got home from Macaroni Grill, Barnes and Noble and getting sized for a tux....

Didn't see the other DUCK fans at Macaroni Grill (thanks for the dis by the way...Canada teams...geeesh) both of them must have been at another sports bar.

3-2 in OT...hummm...starting to feel like old times is it?

techwife
05-05-2007, 06:58 AM
E-hem...The Bills -oops, I meant Sabres...won in OT 2-1 and they are ahead in the Series 3-2. One more win and we can say goodbye to Jaromir Jagr and his smug face. :woohoo:

srmb60
05-06-2007, 05:19 PM
The Rangers looked a bit dangerous there for a bit but the Sabers got-er-done.
I guess I wasn't paying attention. The Wings and San Jose aren't done yet.

techwife
05-06-2007, 05:23 PM
:woohoo: Next series...Sabres and the Senators. :fr: This is gonna be SCARY!!!

EZMONEY
05-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Wait til you meet those MIGHTY DUCKS!

srmb60
05-08-2007, 05:25 PM
No problem, they won't get past Detroit anyway.

techwife
05-08-2007, 06:30 PM
I just had to wash my Briere jersey...I was wearing it while mowing the lawn and while shopping at Lowes...hoping to tork off any Ottawa fans that may be down her just below the border shopping. We get lots of Canadians that shop in Watertown. But, no luck. :(

I predict the Red Wings will be having fun Duck Hunting!! :lol3:

techwife
05-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Hey, check out this song!! I hope the link works!!

file:///private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/AOLTemp.html

Edit: Its not working...I'll fix it and let you know when it works... :)

techwife
05-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Well, I can't get it to work but if I do, I'll fix the link. For now, here's some of the lyrics to the song. It's done by a guy who does a PERFECT imitation of Adam Sandler and it's done to the Happy Hannuka song.

"Here's another story, about a hockey team,
Who thinks they'll win the Stanley cup, but it's still just a dream.
The team is from Ottawa, their franchise is a joke,
A regular season powerhouse, who always seems to choke.

Emery's full of holes, Alfredssons' over the hill,
Both still have their nightmares of their time in Pominville,

Sooo, three more cheers for Ottawa, remember when we fought-awa,
Your fanbase was distraught-awa at the havoc that we wrought-awa,
The pressure's getting hott-awa, pick out your burial plot-awa,
Cause it seems like you forgot-awa that the Stanley Cup will never go to Ottawa."

techwife
05-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Me again...try this...just click on the link that says OTTAWA SONG

http://forums.sabres.com/index.php?showtopic=22084

EZMONEY
05-08-2007, 11:28 PM
I predict the Red Wings will be having fun Duck Hunting!! :lol3:

No problem, they won't get past Detroit anyway.

Thanks so much for :cheer2: for me gals...you are both so precious :nono: Go ahead and :rollpin: :frypan: :kickbutt: before I even get my puck bag out!

EZMONEY
05-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Seriously you two QUACK me up...tell me though...do hockey girls have ALL their teeth? Didn't think so...bet'cher good french kissers! :D

techwife
05-09-2007, 06:31 AM
Gary: You know what they say...what do you get when you have a room full of hockey girls? A full set of teeth!! :lol3: Actually the joke is about North Country Women, but I modified it for your benefit. ;)

EZMONEY
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Love it TECH!

EZMONEY
05-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Guess who TECH?

techwife
05-10-2007, 06:20 AM
DDDRRRRUUUURRRYYYY!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

How cute...thanks for sharing, Gary!

EZMONEY
05-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey TECH it may be a bit pre-mature...but...if you want to switch and join me and the other two MIGHTY DUCKS fans, here in San Diego, we could celebrate the Stanley Cup victory with a foursome. GOLF!... TECH!.... GOLF!

Buffalo teams just don't make it easy for you do they?

techwife
05-11-2007, 06:35 AM
You cut me deep, Gary....you cut me real deep. :(

srmb60
05-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Holy! That is not what I expected. Tech, honey, they'll rally some. That score is not reflective of their talent.

techwife
05-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Wait til you meet those MIGHTY DUCKS!

:lol3:

EZMONEY
05-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks TECH for the support :p

I told you I might be a bit pre-mature (yeah ~ like I don't hear that enough from Angie ;) ) in offering you a spot in our UNDERDUCK club.

Besides, if DETROIT does win...it won't be all bad...watching idiots :flame: burn :flame: their city down after a CHAMPIONSHIP is always good for a few :lol: laughs....you know how it is....oops! I guess you don't ;)

ice-ice baby....

EZMONEY
05-13-2007, 01:32 PM
:( all kidding aside for now TECH...tough loss for you Sabre fans

babenwaiting
05-13-2007, 03:14 PM
WAY TO GO, SENATORS!!! LET'S DO IT TWO MORE TIMES AT HOME! ABB ... Anybody but Buffalo!!! :D

techwife
05-13-2007, 09:09 PM
WAY TO GO, SENATORS!!! LET'S DO IT TWO MORE TIMES AT HOME! ABB ... Anybody but Buffalo!!! :D

Yes, I imagine the Sens fans must feel quite vindicated...that was quite a devistating trip to Pominville you guys had in the playoffs last year!! If you get my drift!!

BUT...

I'm not sayin the Sabres will beat the Sens...it looks quite dismal for us in Buffalo...but the Sabres ARE much better on the road so it may not be as easy as ya think. The Sens have been the hardest team for the Sabres to beat all year and I was SO rooting for New Jersey. Promise me you won't rub it in my face if I'm wrong, but I STILL BELIEVE!!! LET'S GO BUFFALO!! (Hey, they're my team!! I have to be foolishly optimistic!!) ABO!!!

Gary: You really crack me up!!

Susan: In the first game, the last score was on an empty net...so it would have been 4-2 if they'd have kept Miller in.

By the way...even Don Cherry (and he ALWAYS roots for the Canadian teams) said that first goal by Vanek last night should have stayed. That was crapola. Briere's goal to tie should have been the game winning goal... :mad: Bad Kharma may just work against the Sens!!! I'm hoping!!

babenwaiting
05-13-2007, 11:32 PM
WAY TO GO, ANAHEIM!!!

TechWife, I promise no face-rubbing! :D I'm just a temporary SENS fan (actually a Caniac!)

HOCKEY PLAYOFFS ARE JUST PLAIN FUN!

GO SENATORS!

techwife
05-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Babe: I'm just glad we have someone else posting in our lonely little hockey thread. Even if you are an Anybody But Buffalo fan.

Gary: Looks like your Mighty Ducks became Lucky Ducks last night!! I fell asleep watching. These overtime games are doing nothing for my beauty sleep!! :coffee:

:woohoo:LET'S GO BUFFALO!! WOOOOOO!! :woohoo:

srmb60
05-14-2007, 07:36 AM
I just can't stay awake that long!
My Dh says I'm a hockey fan. I'll watch almost any old game but I don't really have a favourite team. I'll admit that I'm leaning toward the Sens. The Canadian team and I'm pretty impressed by them ... tough and hangin' in.
I adore Chris Pronger but I'm not sure Anaheim has the she-bang to hang in there til the end. However ...
Detroit is looking ... tired? maybe? Gotta love Chris Chelios! Just a few months younger than me and still a driving force in a very physically demanding sport.
Who can resist a bit of adoration for Buffalo when Tech loves them sooo much? And I do think they've got guts, drive and determination.
I'm up in the air. I thought a Detroit/Buffalo final would be fine but now I'm not too sure.

Hey, Canada won the World Hockey Championship!

techwife
05-15-2007, 08:38 AM
....here lies my last shred of dignity and hope for the City of Buffalo to have a championship game come home...no super bowls...no stanley cups...ever...

babenwaiting
05-15-2007, 05:13 PM
WAY TO GO, SENATORS!!! LET'S DO IT ONE MORE TIME ...

Techwife, I feel for you as a devoted fan but I just can't like your guys!!! (Fans behaved too badly in Carolina last year at the play-offs, but I know that's not everyone.) If the Sabres pulled off a miracle, I could be just a tad happy for you ............. but I'd rather not! :p

EZMONEY
05-15-2007, 07:23 PM
....here lies my last shred of dignity and hope for the City of Buffalo to have a championship game come home...no super bowls...no stanley cups...ever...

It ain't over yet TECH! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I adore Chris Pronger but I'm not sure Anaheim has the she-bang to hang in there til the end.

She-bang SUSAN? Sounds a little like William Hung dont'cha think? Sha bang sha bang..our most favorite American Idol eV...ERRR! Our team is real ducky...join us won't you?

Hey, Canada won the World Hockey Championship!

Didn't see it in my southern California sports page ;)

WAY TO GO, SENATORS!!! LET'S DO IT ONE MORE TIME ...

Techwife, I feel for you as a devoted fan but I just can't like your guys!!! (Fans behaved too badly in Carolina last year at the play-offs, but I know that's not everyone.) If the Sabres pulled off a miracle, I could be just a tad happy for you ............. but I'd rather not! :p

Who are you? and why are you such a trouble maker?

babenwaiting
05-15-2007, 09:38 PM
EZMoney, sorry if you consider an honest opinion from someone to be troublemaking. WHO ARE YOU to make such a judgment? I'm pulling for the Senators, and that should offend no one. This is a hockey thread, right? Not for one team exclusively. You have a good evening.

EZMONEY
05-15-2007, 11:00 PM
EZMoney, sorry if you consider an honest opinion from someone to be troublemaking. WHO ARE YOU to make such a judgment? I'm pulling for the Senators, and that should offend no one. This is a hockey thread, right? Not for one team exclusively. You have a good evening.

Who ruffled your feathers?

EZMONEY
05-15-2007, 11:05 PM
If you knew me Babenwaiting...you would know that I was sooo NOT serious!!

I will have a good evening though...even if the DUCKS are down 4-0 the last I checked.

Man oh man, that just quacked me up :D

techwife
05-16-2007, 07:19 AM
If you knew me Babenwaiting...you would know that I was sooo NOT serious!!

But, he was a LITTLE serious as he and I have been talking about hockey all year and he knows I'm a dedicated Sabres fan that is seriously heartbroken at the moment and then YOU came along and started jumping up and down on my broken, bleeding heart with all of your anti-Buffalo sentiment. Gary was just sticking up for me. I mean, in all reality and seriousness, I'm a Western NY girl and have been a Buffalo sports fan all of my life and come across anti-Buffalo fans all the time. I mean, the Senators don't even appear to be your favorite team, but I've watched every single Sabres game all year. Do you have a favorite team? Maybe I need to make that team my anti-team! And, whatever the Sabres fans did last year during playoffs is just...well, playoff attitude! You said it yourself, the playoffs are FUN! People get into it! Give 'em a couple beers and they get obnoxious and give a bad name for the rest of us. As for the Hurricanes...they're BINKY-SUCKING BABIES AND I'M GLAD THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!! :P So, there!! I feel a tiny bit better now. A TINY bit.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!:broc:
may be the last chance I have to say it until next season...God help me if Briere or Drury get traded over the summer... :faint:
(I just saw this broccoli in the smilies! Isn't he cool!)

techwife
05-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Gary: OUCH!! That had to hurt! See you at the golf course with our hockey teams!! What time is tee time?

srmb60
05-16-2007, 08:20 AM
And that, my friends, is how a deep, sturdy, seasoned hockey team wins!

babenwaiting
05-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Hi TechWife! :) I absolutely have a favorite team ... as I mentioned in my second post I AM A PROUD CAROLINA CANIAC ... But I do have an anybody-but-Buffalo mentality, and it's really SOME of your fans and Lindy Ruff that I don't like. Your players are fine ... I especially admire Ryan Miller and Daniel Briere and Chris Drury.

The visiting Sabres' fans were truly horrendous when they came to the RBC Center last year. NO, fans from other teams have never behaved the way the majority of Sabres' fans did, every night. (Not during our run to the Cup in 2002, and not during the run to the Cup last year.) I know you nicer Buffalo fans don't want to hear it, but it was written up in the papers, things got so out of control. Now, as I said before, I know that's not EVERYBODY from Buffalo; I'm sure many of you are lovely!

Do keep in mind, when we talk about making play-offs, the Sabres have made them the last two years but they didn't the three before that. So don't talk smack about my boys :mad: ... after all, they have Stanley Cup hangover! :D If I had to choose between winning a Cup, and then missing the p-o's the next year OR just making the play-offs two years in a row, I'll take the first!

Hockey is a great game, and I understand your devotion to your team. I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo pulls this one off tonight as they will be desperate, with nothing to lose. On the other hand, the Sens are on the verge of a cup and they're in their own house. It should be something!

Go Senators!!!!!!!!!!

techwife
05-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Babe: Go to page two of this thread and click on the link to a video by the Goo Goo Dolls. Remember that Buffalo has never had a Championship won, either in hockey OR football (that first Super Bowl against the Giants was totally MY fault...due to something I did in a premature celebration during halftime :o )... watch the video and come join me on the Sabres side of the fence for JUST ONE GAME!! We're very nice and would love to have you as a fellow fan. :cloud9: Lindy Ruff isn't so bad...he's just an old passionate hockey player and usually has the temperment of a lava lamp.

:woohoo: LET'S GO BUFFALO!!:woohoo:

EZMONEY
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Gary: OUCH!! That had to hurt! See you at the golf course with our hockey teams!! What time is tee time?

It did hurt :frypan: a little TECH...but at least my DODGERS won!

And that, my friends, is how a deep, sturdy, seasoned hockey team wins!

Who asked you for a recap on the game? ;)

But, he was a LITTLE ACTUALLY A LOT! serious as he and I have been talking about hockey all year and he knows I'm a dedicated Sabres fan that is seriously heartbroken at the moment and then YOU came along and started jumping up and down on my broken, bleeding heart with all of your anti-Buffalo sentiment. Gary was just sticking up for me. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I mean, in all reality and seriousness, I'm a Western NY girl and have been a Buffalo sports fan all of my life and come across anti-Buffalo fans all the time. I mean, the Senators don't even appear to be your favorite team, but I've watched every single Sabres game all year. Do you have a favorite team? Maybe I need to make that team my anti-team! ME TOO! And, whatever the Sabres fans did last year during playoffs is just...well, playoff attitude! You said it yourself, the playoffs are FUN! People get into it! Give 'em a couple beers I'LL TAKE A 6 PACK OF CORONAS TO GO PLEASE ;) and they get obnoxious and give a bad name for the rest of us. As for the Hurricanes...they're BINKY-SUCKING BABIES AND I'M GLAD THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!! :P So, there!! I feel a tiny bit better now. A TINY bit. I JUST LOVE WOMEN THAT KEEP THEIR PAIN BURIED DOWN DEEP :lol:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!:broc:
may be the last chance I have to say it until next season...God help me if Briere or Drury get traded over the summer... :faint:
(I just saw this broccoli in the smilies! Isn't he cool!)

Good luck tonight TECH!

Hi TechWife! :) I absolutely have a favorite team ... as I mentioned in my second post I AM A PROUD CAROLINA CANIAC ... But I do have an anybody-but-Buffalo mentality, and it's really SOME of your fans and Lindy Ruff that I don't like. Your players are fine ... I especially admire Ryan Miller and Daniel Briere and Chris Drury.

The visiting Sabres' fans were truly horrendous when they came to the RBC Center last year.****-OO ~ It's hockey! NO, fans from other teams have never behaved the way the majority of Sabres' fans did, every night. We can't help it if other fans are a little wussy. (Not during our run to the Cup in 2002, and not during the run to the Cup last year.) I know you nicer Buffalo fans don't want to hear it, but it was written up in the papers,If it is in the papers it MUST be true :nono: things got so out of control.That's hockey for ya! Now, as I said before, I know that's not EVERYBODY from Buffalo; Probably most of them though :D I'm sure many of you are lovely! Don't bet on it.

Do keep in mind, when we talk about making play-offs, the Sabres have made them the last two years but they didn't the three before that. Is this a history lesson? So don't talk smack about my boys :mad: ... after all, they have Stanley Cup hangover! :D If I had to choose between winning a Cup, and then missing the p-o's the next year OR just making the play-offs two years in a row, I'll take the first! But that's you.

Hockey is a great game, Well, not really, there is no ball involved. and I understand your devotion to your team. I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo pulls this one off tonight as they will be desperate, with nothing to lose. Except the play-offs. On the other hand, the Sens are on the verge of a cup and they're in their own house. It should be something! Rah-rah...:yawn:

Go Senators!!!!!!!!!!

Let's all go web-footin'....

srmb60
05-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Nobody asked ... that's the great think about generosity. I can just give and give and give.

Web-footin'??? Is that what they were doing while the Wings were skating circles around them?

EZMONEY
05-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Just looking for a pond to "dunk" and hide in Susan!

techwife
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

:woohoo:

EZMONEY
05-16-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH! Back in it.....:cheer2:

EZMONEY
05-16-2007, 09:53 PM
P.S. Susan...had the song "barefootin'" on my brain...web-footin? what is that anyway? although step-daughter does have webbed toes and she just got home from college in New York this week....my brain is a serious liability...

srmb60
05-17-2007, 07:39 AM
....my brain is a serious liability...

... as evidenced by your cheering for Anaheim ...

Wow for Buffalo! But they gotta stop having those weak spells.

brittH
05-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Well I have a feeling i'm out numbered on here as an Ottawa supporter, but GO SENS GO!!!

Good win last night, Buffalo fans - but I'm feeling pretty confident we'll take the series! If Buffalo comes back to win it, then I'd have to say they earned it and deserve the cup!

Hopefully, if the Sens wins the cup this year, they don't go and throw it in the Rideau Canal again!

srmb60
05-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I have a lot of faith in the Sens. I'm pretty impressed by them this year.

brittH
05-17-2007, 01:52 PM
The Sens have definitly picked it up this playoffs.. It's a general feeling all over Ottawa that no matter how weak or strong we are in the regular season we never, ever make it to round three let alone past round one. But this year, they've picked it up when they need to and really dominated in a lot of areas.

I give a lot of the credit to Alfredson for finally doing his job as Captain this season, and motivating his team! Oh, and our Penalty Kill :carrot:

EZMONEY
05-17-2007, 11:52 PM
QUACK ~ QUACK ...we're back ~ back.....and oh so mighty :strong:

techwife
05-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Nice, Gary! You guys have yourselves a great series!!

All you Sens fans: Its nice for you that your team peaked right in the middle of the playoffs. The Sabres peaked somewhere around December. We haven't really been the same since our injured players came back after toward the end of the season. We did much better with the juniors that filled in for them. BUT....wouldn't it be a real kick in the pants for three more wins from the Sabres!! The Sabres/Sens would be part of HISTORY! The 1942 Maple Leafs and the 1975 Islanders both came back after a 3-game deficit in the playoffs to win the series...hmmm...let me do the math...it's just about time for another, don't you think? I think!! Or, you can all laugh at me on Sunday morning for the awful sin of being optimistic. By the way...I've seen some of the awful things the Ottawa fans have been saying about Buffalo, the city of Buffalo...the Buffalo Bills...making YouTube videos making Buffalo look like a dumpy city filled with losers. Talk about bad fans!! Why doesn't anyone say Anyone But Ottawa with the way they're treating us? Oh...I know...because its HOCKEY and that's the way it is!!!

okay...off my soapbox...

GO SABRES!!!!!

srmb60
05-18-2007, 07:17 AM
It's because we're Canadian ... We're more apt to be surprised that we have a contender for a change.
I think it may have something to do with the Leafs (our national team cough cough puke). When the season's over we ho hum and go about our business. I can imagine folks all over the country picking up their news papers and thinking "Holy look at those Sens. Is it the semi finals?"

brittH
05-18-2007, 08:03 AM
By the way...I've seen some of the awful things the Ottawa fans have been saying about Buffalo, the city of Buffalo...the Buffalo Bills...making YouTube videos making Buffalo look like a dumpy city filled with losers. Talk about bad fans!! Why doesn't anyone say Anyone But Ottawa with the way they're treating us? Oh...I know...because its HOCKEY and that's the way it is!!!

I think every sport has its a$$hole fans, but to be honest right now we are getting a lot of Band Wagon Jumper Sens Fans and they're causing a lot of B.S.! (Booing Sidney Crosby, Making YouTube Videos)

But in my experience around Ottawa true Sens fans are very tame (unless the Leads (boo!) are in town) because we have had huge disappointments in the past, so we're not 100% confident in our team just yet!

So I apologize for all the lousy Sens fans out there even though it happens all the time (Sharks fans booing Canadian Anthem) but remember, it's just a game and Trash talk is part of the fun!

EZMONEY
05-19-2007, 04:52 PM
AAARRRGGGHHHHH! :mad: TECH!

Overtime and they take the game off here for the PREAKNESS...

HORSE~PUCK~Y :p

EZMONEY
05-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Sorry TECH :( they just switched and showed the finish :hug:

srmb60
05-19-2007, 06:28 PM
A valiant effort! I'm pretty surprised actually.

techwife
05-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Well, it was a good year. Off to the golf courses to regroup for the next season. It'll be interesting to see who gets traded and who we acquire.

In the end, if we had to lose, I'm glad it was to the Sens and not to the NY teams. At least that makes sense as the Senators have been giving the Sabres a rash all year. I knew it would be a tough series...and the :devil: in me is glad the Sens won it here, D-NYING the fans the glory on home ice. :s: One last little shot before we go...

GO WESTERN CONFERENCE!!! ANYONE BUT OTTAWA!!!

EZMONEY
05-20-2007, 11:16 AM
I just knew I was going to get another DUCKS fan, with your southern California ties and all....look at it this way TECH...at least the Bills don't look so bad now...on second thought..;)

OH SO MIGHTY!

techwife
05-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Well, don't tell my best friend this, but I'm rooting for the Ducks. Her favorite team is the Red Wings. BUT, the Ducks seem like a nasty, dirty team to play against the Sens and, hopefully, not only beat them, but hurt them as well. :devil:

srmb60
05-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Well Tech ... how nasty!
A Wings/Sens final (in my time zone) would be fabulous!

techwife
05-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Susan: Well...yeah...but BrittH turned me into an Anybody But Ottawa type fan.

GO DUCKS!! (did I really say that?)

EZMONEY
05-20-2007, 10:52 PM
What a game. WE were awesome weren't WE TECH!...I actually missed the entire game, Angie played handbells at church this afternoon for a concert all our music folks had, adults and youth. Very cool, then went for Italian with friends. My son texted me to see if I was watching, so I got the tie score at regulation score. Wish I had seen overtime.

Always good to have a back-up TECH...ALL of our fans are good looking too!

and WE ARE MIGHTY!!

babenwaiting
05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
techwife ... just fan to fan of this crazy game ... for you :hug: . I know how it feels to LOVE a team, and it be over for awhile. After all, my Hurricanes didn't make the play-offs this year, and the first game in Fall seems SO FAR AWAY!

Having said that, I was pulling for the Senators, I'm glad they won ... so now I'm ...

QUACK QUACKing, pulling for the Ducks ... I'm not completely thrilled with the Ducks because of Pronger, but I take them over the Wings who beat the 'Canes for the Cup in 2002!

I think it will come down to the Ducks/Senators, at which point I will have to pull for the American team, red white and blue as I am!!! :D

brittH
05-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Here's hoping for a Sens/Wings series only for the chance at beating Hasek after his performance last season! Duck ors Wings, it should be exciting!

EZMONEY
05-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Got a little close there at the end...but in the end we were MIGHTY!

techwife
05-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Hey, that wraps up the series, doesn't it? GO DUCKS!! ANYBODY BUT SNOTTAWA!! (to clarify...this has nothing to do with the actual capitol of canada...only the hockey team...i love canada!! 'specially ottawa!! but not the hockey team)

I fully expect broken bones, lots of penalties, blood and teeth on the ice, maybe even some suspensions from this series. And I'll be dissappointed if it isn't that way. If my Sabres aren't in it, I at least want to be entertained by good old-fashioned rough 'n tough hockey!!

Gary: Aren't you glad I talked you into being a Ducks fan this year!!

QUACK!!

srmb60
05-23-2007, 07:37 AM
I'm gonna just shut up now ... wheneve I think a team is coming along and might make it .... they lose!:tape:

EZMONEY
05-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Gary: Aren't you glad I talked you into being a Ducks fan this year!!

QUACK!!

Thanks Tech ~ I was leaning towards the KINGS ;)

I'm gonna just shut up now ... wheneve I think a team is coming along and might make it .... they lose!:tape:

Thank-you VOODOO DOLL SUSAN ~ Those of us still in appreciate it.

EZMONEY
05-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Everything is DUCKY around here.

techwife
06-01-2007, 07:12 AM
:woohoo: SNOTTAWA IS GOIN' DOWN!! :woohoo:

You know, though, I would really like to have the Stanley Cup in Canada...but maybe Toronto or Montreal or Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver (did I miss any?)...just not THEM!!! :mad:

GO DUCKS!!

EZMONEY
06-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I read in today's Los Angeles Times that before the finals, the Ottawa Sun asked fans to "come up with jokes that involve the Senators and DUCKS," promising to publish one daily. That request has since disappeared from the paper's website. Seems everyone in Ottawa is lacking a punch line.

EZMONEY
06-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Those senators QUACK ME UP!....now that they think :nono: :lol: :nono: they are back in it!

techwife
06-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Wow!! Those Ducks played like real jerks last night (not in a they lost the game kind of jerk, but in a taking cheap shots kind of way). I LOVED it!!! Now all we need is someones teeth to be scraped off the ice...or for someone to end up looking like Gary after raiding the fridge :lol3: ...and we'll have ourselves a nice, old fashioned Stanley Cup playoff series!!

Isn't hockey so much fun?

By the way, Gary...rumor has it that our Drury has designs to play for the Kings. They say he has family in LA and wants to live there. You have to know how I feel about hockey teams where the players have to park their surf boards at the door before putting on their hockey skates. (Including Anahiem, but I'm on their side since they're playing Ottawa) But the Kings would be VERY lucky to have Drury on their team. And we would be very sad Sabres fans... :(

EZMONEY
06-03-2007, 04:42 PM
That would be cool TECH...the KINGS haven't won a Stanley Cup since THE (other) GREAT ONE was here...oh wait...that never happened! ;)

techwife
06-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Did anyone see Don Cherry on NBC last night? I just loved him giving Brett Hull an earfull over HIS no-goal in 1999 in game 7 in 4OT against the SABRES that counted adn shouldn't have and they STOLE the Stanley Cup from the Sabres. Brett Hull defends that goal every chance he gets with nothing to go on because it was shot from the crease and he knows it shouldn't have counted. Most people back down from him, and us SABRES fans are trying hard to put it behind us STILL, but when Brett Hull was talking about Ottawa's goal the other night that was kicked in, Brett Hull says, "That shouldn't have been allowed...that was a no-goal!"...well, Don Cherry let him have it and says, "You're one to talk, shooting that one in from the crease a few years ago...let's talk about no-goals!!" Thank you, Don Cherry. I don't care how obnoxious your jackets are...I think you're awesome!!!

srmb60
06-05-2007, 09:05 AM
In this series, I just haven't been able to watch much of any game but boy-o-boy I wasn't expecting such a blow out.

EZMONEY
06-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Didn't see that part of the show TECH, with the college softball world series finals just starting and the college baseball regionals AND my DODGERS game being on, the remote was flippin' fast! I'm thinkin' the DUCKS should suspend Pronger THEMSELVES before the next game, that is two big wins without him.

Hockey is really catching on here :no: in southern California. The Los Angeles Times reported this morning that Saturday's game had a 2.7 rating and that actually 217,000 TV's were tuned to the game, oh yeah TECH, there wasn't any surf Saturday ;) . With all the talk :no: around here about the DUCKS I'm thinking WE really deserve the STANLEY CUP in southern California ;)

EZMONEY
06-05-2007, 09:28 AM
In this series, I just haven't been able to watch much of any game but boy-o-boy I wasn't expecting such a blow out.

Hey SUE give US a break...most of the guys weren't BORN here..they grew up playing hockey. Now if you give our kids a chance to play them on their ROLLER BLADES...well...look-out! :D

srmb60
06-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Did I read somewhere that Anaheim has a really high percentage of Canadian born players?
Kids here play on roller blades, running shoes ... it is an excellent physical activity.

techwife
06-06-2007, 07:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3FwRoBoYuM

This link is for those of you that missed the second intermission interview with Don Cherry. Pay close attention to the end of the interview where he gives Brett Hull an earfull about his shot in the crease goal. That was the goal he 'scored' against Buffalo in 100overtime (or at least it felt like that many overtime periods) in game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs in 1999.

Gary: If you got Canadian TV way down there, you'd get to watch Don Cherry on Hockey Night in Canada. He's great and usually wears OBNOXIOUS jackets. He makes hockey kind of campy and fun to watch!

Game 5 is tonight, isn't it?

sirak
06-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I found this (http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/060607dnspocowlishaw.2cb3128.html)on the local news website- thought it was interesting fodder for the guy that would be covering the Stars.

EZMONEY
06-06-2007, 10:49 PM
MIGHTY

srmb60
06-06-2007, 11:35 PM
How darling is Scott Neidermeier?

It's cool when someone different wins the Cup, huh?

techwife
06-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Well, that was fun. I enjoyed watching Teemu win. So, just a couple months and the next season starts!! I wonder how much of the Sabres team will be in tact?

Interesting article, Sirak. If all those things came true, hockey would be more popular, for sure!

Okay...I'm off till next year!!

techwife
07-01-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm so depressed. :faint:

EZMONEY
07-01-2007, 09:24 PM
oh pleeezzzzz ;) suck it up and go watch some baseball :)

techwife
07-01-2007, 10:15 PM
No Drury...no Briere...I think I'm gonna puke.

EZMONEY
07-01-2007, 11:14 PM
For your "fix" ~ Back row...first one next to the coach on the left...enjoy the moment.

Steelslady
07-03-2007, 12:44 PM
How ever did I miss this gem of a thread? I LOVE hockey, and I am a Moderator at a well known hockey board. :D

If any of you feel bad about the changes going on with your teams, try being a Boston fan. We have nothing to look forward to for another two or three seasons, it looks like. :(

One positive is that they got rid of Dave Lewis- ack! Last season was just brutal to be a Bruins fan.

srmb60
07-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Ryan Smith went to Colorado :D

techwife
07-03-2007, 04:45 PM
oh pleeezzzzz ;) suck it up and go watch some baseball :)

The only thing more coma-inducing than baseball is NPR.

Susan: I was hoping we might get someone good. Seems the door is only going in one direction...definitely NOT the Hotel California here!!

Steelslady: I try talking about hockey all year, but it falls dead until the playoffs. Being a Sabres fan this year was GREAT!!! ...until the UFAs took a mass exodus. Our two captains...GONE...and I have TWO Briere jerseys!! We have a lot of young talent on our team....let's see how they fester this year.

We lost Zubrus now, too. We only had him for half the year last year, but he was a HOTTIE!! :love:

srmb60
07-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Now I have to go look for a picture of Zubrus!

srmb60
07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Oh tech honey ... he's no Joe Sakic! ;)

techwife
07-03-2007, 06:02 PM
No WAY...Zubie is WAY cuter than Sakic.

srmb60
07-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Oh so that is a picture of your eyes over there <<<< I knew there was something about this woman

Steelslady
07-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Oh techwife, you have a hockey buddy now to talk hockey all year, if you want. :D It's the one thing that gets me through the brutal winters up here- love, love hockey. :carrot:

What in tarnation went on with Nylander? First, he was suppose to be heading to Edmonton, but ended up in Washington. Allegedly, his agent made deals with two teams? :?:

Oh, and Boston got a Thornton back- Shawn, that is. Let's hope he adds some grit we desperately need!

I don't understand Chiarelli giving up Kalus for Fernandez......I was so angry when I heard about that trade, I just about exploded. Give me Mike O'Connell back as GM.....

EZMONEY
07-04-2007, 09:26 AM
The only thing more coma-inducing than baseball is NPR. ......:

hummm....:chin:.....well...I am from SOUTHERN California and we don't listen to NPR down here....but a remark like that, coming from folks that think "curling" is a sport...well, I'll just attribute it to the cold and brain freeze :shocksn:

techwife
07-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh techwife, you have a hockey buddy now to talk hockey all year, if you want. :D It's the one thing that gets me through the brutal winters up here- love, love hockey. :carrot:

What in tarnation went on with Nylander? First, he was suppose to be heading to Edmonton, but ended up in Washington. Allegedly, his agent made deals with two teams? :?:

Oh, and Boston got a Thornton back- Shawn, that is. Let's hope he adds some grit we desperately need!

I don't understand Chiarelli giving up Kalus for Fernandez......I was so angry when I heard about that trade, I just about exploded. Give me Mike O'Connell back as GM.....

I couldn't be more MAD at the Sabres management. :rollpin: What a bunch of jerks. But we still have some great players...Pominville, Afinogenov, Kotalik, Roy, VANEK!! And we just re-signed Numminen. I love him because he's one of the sole remaining players that was born in the 60's...only about five years younger than me and, so, when I think he's a hottie, I don't feel like such a pedophile!! :o

Gary: Baseball is SO BORING! The only thing I like about it is the neat little squares they mow into the lawn and the hotdogs. Oh, and the tight pants the players wear. :drool: Really...my grampa used to LOVE baseball and used to play it all the time on local teams. Its fun if you're AT the game, but to watch it on TV is a total snooze fest!! :faint:

Susan: Sakic looks like he sucked his lips into a vacuum cleaner!! Actually, nobody is as cute as Briere. But looking at him now makes my head hurt because he's now a FLYER of all things. I can't believe it...what a nightmare!! :fr:

srmb60
07-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Briere went to Philly? and my DH the flyer's fan never even mentioned it?

techwife
07-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Susan...he may be in shock...7yrs/52Million!! 10 Million the first year. He's my favorite, but that's a TON of money and I think he'll choke with the pressure of trying to live up to the cash. The Sabres offered him 5yrs/25 million...which most people thought was low after being AllStar MVP and a great year. And we lost Drury to the Rangers. And Zubie is with the Devils. It's just gonna be a weird year seeing my favorites in the competition's jerseys. But....that's hockey!!

Steelslady
07-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I think the lastest salary cap has been the worst thing that's happened to hockey. Teams players are constantly turning over- the faces change so much from year to year. We have two players left that were on the team before the lockout!

I can't believe Briere and Drury are gone from Buffalo. Afinogenov is awesome- he scares me every time we play against Buffalo.:o

srmb60
07-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Oh yes, the players sure move around a lot more. I think from a marketting point of view that's a good thing. For instance ... DH would probably not go to Buffalo for a game but if Philly is in Toronto, we'd go. So we might see Briere this year. And look at sweater sales! Ryan Smith's Grandmother will have a closet full.

Steelslady
07-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Oh yes, the players sure move around a lot more. I think from a marketting point of view that's a good thing. For instance ... DH would probably not go to Buffalo for a game but if Philly is in Toronto, we'd go. So we might see Briere this year. And look at sweater sales! Ryan Smith's Grandmother will have a closet full.

Maybe from a marketing point of view, but from a fans, I think it's hard. I mean, I hardly know the guys on the team the last three years, as they keep changing. We end up with a 75-80 percent roster change by October, and you have to get used to new guys and the way they play. I can just imagine how hard it must be for all the players to gel with musical linemates du jour going on every year.

I'm not really looking forward to this season. Our new GM is making an even bigger mess than what they previous guy did of the team. Fans of Boston have now nicknamed the team "The Boston Ruins". So sad, when you consider all the rich history this team has, to see it come to this. :(

I'm also a Maple Leaf fan. Tucker is my favorite player on the Leafs, I wouldn't mind having him in Boston. :D

Mel
07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
It's a good thing that the Flyers roster and management changed! I can't wait to see Briere play here. Now if we'd just gotten Drury too.....

Mel

EZMONEY
07-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Gary: Baseball is SO BORING! The only thing I like about it is the neat little squares they mow into the lawn and the hotdogs. Oh, and the tight pants the players wear. :drool: Really...my grampa used to LOVE baseball and used to play it all the time on local teams. Its fun if you're AT the game, but to watch it on TV is a total snooze fest!! :faint: .........

:nono::nono::rollpin::frypan::kickbutt::rollpin::f rypan::kickbutt::nono::nono:

Oh my TECH ~ come on over to our ALL ABOUT BASEBALL thread and tell my gals that! :mad: :headache: :mad:

techwife
07-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Gary! December 5! Get your Ducks/Sabres tickets and see a REAL game!!! The Sabres are doing a Southern California tour visiting the Ducks/Kings/Sharks! Finally, some REAL hockey for you guys!! (I know...the Ducks won the cup...blah, blah, blah...but REAL hockey players don't live amongst palm trees!!)

EZMONEY
07-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Oh PAAA ~ LEEEZZZ TECH ~You act like we don't really have :snowglo: winter here in southern California...