Old 04-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default Have your reasons changed?

OK, let me explain. I was attempting to pump myself up for tomorrow's follow up doctor visit; some of you may remember the nightmare appointment I had in December with my doc's nurse practitioner, so I thought a little bit of extra umph would help me prepare. I was reading through some old posts from my first weeks on plan, and ran across a short list I made of reasons why I was staying on plan, and here it is:

1. I want to look in the mirror and only see ONE chin!
2. I want to shop for the cute clothes in the missy department, not be limited to the plus size items I can find!
3. I want to chase my kiddos around and not get out of breath!
4. I want to climb out of the lake onto the back of our boat and have it look EASY!
5. I want to see old friends and have them say "Damn, girl! You look GOOD!"

After reading through the list I almost started to cry. I've done these things. Everything on this list has been accomplished, and so much more. This was my initial "dream" list, and I think at that time I was realistically hoping to check one or two items off that list SOMEDAY. Some day is here...and as incredible as it seems, I need a new list! Yes, I know we do the daily reasons to stay on plan, but this is the big daddy, the things we think of while we're lying in bed at night trying to go to sleep, those dreams that keep us going. So here is my new short list of reasons, self indulgent or not, the dreams that keep me going...

1. I want to be 80 and have my DH still chase me around the bed.
2. I want to be a great grandma some day.
3. I want to walk on the beach and not be embarrassed by how my swimming suit looks on me (I'm much closer to this one, but still a bit to go!), or better yet, not feel like I need to put a swimsuit cover-up on.
4. I want to water ski again. I haven't done it in too many years to count.
5. I want to run a marathon. Just a short one, but I still want to do it. I haven't ran anywhere since high school PE class.

There are many, many more reasons, but these are just a few that popped into my brain right away, through the tears of joy from reading the old list. I'm no longer willing to settle for checking one or two items off the list. I want it all. ALL.
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow Kelly that's awesome!! Good for you - you've come so far!! My reasons have stayed the same but I'm not as far along as you in my own journey.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My reasons evolve over time. I also have mini goals which change as they are achieved.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I never made a list but your post inspired me so I'm going to do that tonight! Thanks Kelly!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #5  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

My reasons haven't changed yet, but I'm like the others, they might over time when I start seeing more substantial loss. For now, my reasons are:

1. To be healthy for my husband (who is the best on the planet and deserves the best wife!) and 2 sons
2. To FEEL healthy - not just be "skinny".
3. To not be ashamed of my weight ANYWHERE I go.
4. To gain back self confidence that I cannot even remember how it feels.
5. To teach my children that life isn't all about eating food...and life can be fun without centering our activities around food.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hey Kelly!

How about taking a printout of your post so you can SHOW the witch all you have accomplished? I would be tempted to do that!
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #7  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Cheryl, way too funny! I'm pumped and ready for the appointment. I've accepted the fact that I will NOT like what the scale says, as it always weighs me 3-5 pounds heavier than the WW scale, even if those weigh ins are only 30 minutes apart with no eating/beverages in between. This is my doctor's one and only shot to wow me with her approval and enthusiasm....make it or break it time. If she's not happy with my progress to date, then she won't see me again! HA!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #8  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kelly. Long time no chat. I was on the let's track thread that you were on in the early days. I think you and I made our "lists" the same day. I have been at a stand still (sort of) since October. Playing with the same three pounds over and over again. However, I am so pleased to see your progress. Congratulations!!!!! Keep it up. I am back in the swing of things for about five days now. That is the most in a row for some time. So, I feel I will make it happen and get the last 15 off now. Take care!!! -----Amy
buffalosister1 is offline   Reply With Quote