Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies...#18

Sherry
04-11-2007, 07:03 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/be

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
04-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Good Morning,
Just a quick hi to all. MIL is about the same. We're all trying to hang in there. FIL has been very sick the last two days.

Suzy...I know you're so excited about Travis!! I'm so glad he's coming home!! :carrot: Give him LOTS & LOTS of hugs!!!!!!! I wish my Son was coming home. He's been on his SUB for almost 2 months now.

Cheryl.....Good luck bowling!! I never realized you were a bowler. Wayne & I have always bowled on a league.That's actually how we meet!! BTW: Drew,DS, has been wanting to go pro for about a year now. He bowls on 3 leagues. Three weeks ago he bowled a 300!! :cp: He'll get his ring tonight.

Hello to all...I've got to get ready for work...time is running out....
BTW: I'm doing great on WW. Down another lb!!!

coles
04-11-2007, 07:38 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA) YAHOO SHERRY!! Down another pound. You are doing great!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb095_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7923)

SuzyMc
04-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Sherry ~ I won't be giving Travis any hugs...at least right away anyway. He's not planning on coming home to PA until Christmas. We are hoping to make a trip out to California at some point, but I don't know when that will be...we just had to put $2000 dollars worth of repairs into my car, so that really put a hurting on the vacation fund! It will be nice just being able to pick up the phone to talk to him though!

How long will your son be on the sub? This was Travis' second deployment...he was gone 6 months.

I've already been on the treadmill this morning and I lasted for 20 minutes today! :carrot:

SuzyMc
04-11-2007, 08:38 AM
I was also going to add that I weigh myself daily too and then average the numbers on Sunday. I know your weight naturally fluctuates from day to day, but if I don't see that number every morning then my weight goes up. That is part of my problem now. This winter I stayed off the scale and totally ignored it and look what happened! :eek: Of course no exercise and lots of over eating didn't help, but had I watched that number go up every day I might have done something to stop it sooner.

alinnell
04-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I do weigh daily and record it as well, but I TRY to only pay attention to the Saturday weight......I also have a chart of only Saturday weights. I can fluctuate all week and for the most part I'll be down on most Saturdays. It is hard though to see a nice week of loss, loss, loss and then wake up to a huge gain (that is now 2 days old!).

4myloves
04-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Sherry--yep, I've been bowling since 2001, but I took a break for awhile. My average isn't all that good, but it's still lots of fun :) I don't think I'll EVER bowl a 300------heck, I've never even bowled a 200!

I bought some of the 100 calorie Hostess cupcakes. They are SO good! I ate two packs of them for breakfast this morning. 6 mini cupcakes for 200 calories--beats my usual 5 mini-muffins for 260! These have fiber, too.

Lynneye
04-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Add me to the ones who weighs everyday. I can pay attention that way.

Suzy, so thrilled Travis is on his way!

WTG Sherry!

gdeann
04-13-2007, 12:03 AM
GREAT JOB SHER!

I was out mowing last week in shorts, look what is predicted the next few days:

Tonight: Showers early will become a steadier rain overnight with a rumble of thunder possible. Low 36F. Winds E at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a half an inch.
Tomorrow: Rain with a few thunderstorms in the morning, then occasional rain or snow developing late. Cold. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds ENE at 25 to 35 mph. Snowfall around one inch.
Tomorrow night: Windy. Snow, heavy at times, in the evening will taper to snow showers overnight. Cold. Low 28F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 4 to 6 inches of snow expected.
Saturday: Scattered snow flurries and snow showers possible before noon. Becoming mostly sunny later. Cold. High 48F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Sunday: Sunny and wind. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.
Monday: Mostly sunny and windy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid

Sherry
04-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Gayle,
I agree! What up with this CRAZY weather!!? It's APRIL! Atleast we're not getting the "S" stuff! Here's ours:

Today
Increasing clouds. A slight chance of showers in the morning...then a chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of showers 40 percent.

Tonight
Cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. East winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Saturday
Showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning... then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the morning. Highs near 60. Southeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Saturday Night
Light rain likely in the evening...then mostly cloudy with a chance of light rain after midnight. Lows near 40. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Sunday
Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of light rain in the morning. Breezy. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

Sunday Night through Monday Night
Mostly clear. Lows near 40. Highs in the lower to mid 60s.
Tuesday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower to mid 60s.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower to mid 40s.
Wednesday and Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s. Lows in the lower to mid 40s.
Thursday
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s.
-

ShelleyM
04-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Send the rain this way! We are in dire need here in Fl. There have been tons of fires, due to the dryness. We got a bit of rain yesterday, but nothing like what is needed. It's very humid and 80's here.

Know anybody that would like to buy a Steinway Hamburg baby grand? My MIL has offered Mike 1/2 if he can sell it. It is worth $100,000.00!! It's an 1892 brazilian rosewood. I had no idea she had anything worth much. Guess I was wrong. She has other pianos also she is trying to sell. We may try ebay, but I think Mike wants to try all the free sites first.

My mom and dad are going to have to move in with us for a couple of weeks. The condo they moved into 2 years has mold problems--to the extent that it is dangerous for them to live there. Sounds like we may need to get an attorney involved. It is directly caused by the builder.

gdeann
04-13-2007, 03:21 PM
I think Mother Nature must be confused! We are having a strong snow storm and at the same time, it is thundering and lightening!

Deelite
04-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Pretty wild weather Gayle. It has been a little warmer this week with sun shine. It has been above freezing during the day and at night below freezing. We are suppose to have a warmer weekend. You can keep your rain and snow, I am sick of it.

Shelley my mom and dad had mold problems after they were flooded in 1997. I still think that there is mold behind the basement walls. I can smell it when I walk in. I hope that you can resolve the mold issue ASAP. How old in the condo that your parents are living in?
Good luck with selling the piano.

Sherry how you doing girl? Your weather doesn't sound to great either. I don't like cloudy days.
Are you almost down school?
Congratulations on the lose. You are doing really good.

Cheryl I wish we had some of those Hostess cupcakes here. They sound yummy and for little calories. It is a nice treat.
How is Stu and you doing these days?
Bowling is great exercise. Just keep on moving it.

Suzy I hope that you will be able to save up enough to go see Travis soon. Do you have any air mile plans? Maybe you can cash in on that.

Allison sounds like you have everything under control. I am sure that the weekends are the hardest to stay away from wine. I don't weigh everyday. I only weigh about once a week and then once a month at weight watchers.

Janice how are you doing? What is the weather going to be like for the weekend?
You need to pop in more often and let us know how you are doing?

Debbi what is up in your neck of the woods? Got any fun plans for the weekend?
We are going to dinner at friends of ours that is in the dinner club. There are 8 of us and we all take turns cooking a gourmet meal. It is a great evening out. Only the hostess will does the work so we all get a break til it is our turn. It works out really nicely. Some of us even present a menu to the guests as they arrive. It is a lot of fun.
We are also going for a drive on sunday to the states to shop at Kohls grand openning sale. We got great deals a few weeks ago.
Jay and I are going to a cooking class for Gourmet Pizza. It should be fun.

I hope that you all have an enjoyable weekend.

Sherry
04-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Dee,
You're always doing something exciting or going somewhere exciting!! I'm so jealous! My life is so boring compared to yours! I'm so envy!!

Out the door to visit MIL............. I'll post sometimes over the weekend. :wave: Everyone have a great one!!

Sherry
04-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Wayne is giving me time before we leave to post quickly for a question I have for everyone:

After all the years of posting here and knowing each other so well, I have never asked or heard anyone say if they had an overweight spouse or b/f. So...do you? And if so, does it help or hurt you when trying to stay on plan?

Wayne is VERY thin! Always has been. He's on the "little" size for a man. The first time I tried WW, it was so hard to stay OP because I would have to fix different foods for him because he's so picky. But this time it's different since I'm back on WW. It doesn't bother me anymore. All the "fatty foods" that he eats don't seem to appeal to me anymore. I was just thinking of this today & thought I would ask....

alinnell
04-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Sherry,
My DH started out slimmer than me. When we were married, he weighed about 150-155 and I was 165 (we're both about the same height although he claims to be taller). His job was quite physical and he could eat just about anything and not gain. I always struggled to get lower, but seemed to always settle in at 165. After two pregnancies, I was able to get to 128 and stabilized at 135 for several years and then stress in my job made me gain weight. During the time that I was slim (about 12 years ago) DH's job became less physical and more desk-bound and he started to gain weight. He has crawled up to around 175 pounds at this time (when I started this "diet" or "weight loss journey" I was 173). He is still around 170-172 today--mainly because he eats larger portions of the meals I fix (and he loves his Scotch--even more than I love my wine). Thankfully he is not a picky eater! Only my kids were (not any longer) but I refused to fix different meals. We both worked full time and cooking was too difficult to get done in the first place.

ShelleyM
04-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Sherry-Mike used to be very thin. Now he is quite large, especially in his belly. I think it's partly because of the pain meds he's been taking for years. I weighs about 240 or 250 and is 6'2". I wish I could get him to lose. He doesn't eat the same way I do. It's full fat and sugar everything.

SuzyMc
04-14-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure if I win or lose the wild weather contest, but we are supposed to get over a foot of snow starting tonight! :(

"Snow accumulations by late Sunday night could potentially exceed 6 inches over much of central Pennsylvania. However...the greatest risk of heavy snow is over the northern mountains...where around a foot is possible."

Yes, I am in the northern mountains that they are talking about. Our local forecaster is predicting 14-18 inches for us. He is usually right, but this time I really hope he is wrong!

gdeann
04-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Suzy, good luck with the snow! We had SEVERAL inches here yesterday with blizzard like conditions. It is melting like crazy today and the sun is out. Spring has to be here soon! First time I can ever remembering it snowing in April. I have a spring themed bridal shower to give next weekend...kinda hard to get into the groove with snow on the ground.

Steve started out very thin (135-140 on a 6' frame) now, (after my good cooking) he is at 170-175. He looks really good except for a little bit of beer belly (and yes, it is caused by beer) LOL! He hasn't had a beer in a week now, curious to see if the scale number changes for him.

gdeann
04-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I might just add....if you look at my avatar...that will give you a pretty good idea of how we look in real life... LOL!

Lynneye
04-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Rob is very thin but he is a mailman and walks between 7 and 8 miles a day on his route. It is also a very hilly route!

we are supposed to get rain, not the snow Suzy is getting but we are supposed to get up to three inches of rain. We will have flooding around here for sure. Could be a mess tomorrow!

SuzyMc
04-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Funny that the topic today is chubby hubbys! You know my DIL is expecting our third granddaughter next month. Well the youngest (she's 3 1/2) now knows that mommy has a baby in her tummy and the baby will soon be coming out and then she'll have a new baby sister. Tonight she was sitting on PaPa's lap reading a book and out of the blue she asked him if he had a baby in his belly too! :preg: :rofl:

Tim is a big guy about 250 lbs. but he is 6' 4", so he carries the weight well, but he does have a belly that he needs to get rid of. Em's comment might have been the push that he needed...he didn't eat nearly as much for dinner tonight as he usually does. :lol:

gdeann
04-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Cute one Suzy! Steve gets aggravated at me because I am so much shorter then he is and I run around punching his tummy (lightly) like a punching bag. He says I shouldn't be so mean...I tell him he is strong enough to take it, plus I can't resist doing it. Guess he'll keep me though.

savage
04-15-2007, 04:58 AM
hello everybody!
remember me?
its Doni,
thanks gayle for nudging me back in.
i am still trying to get this weight off.
im down to 238 in a size 18
ive been bouncing from the slim fast program to the biggest loser program.
realy been getting into my exercises,hafta start posting them i know shelly,lol
ive been using,
core rythems dancing exercise video
the firm
yoga booty ballet
which i just started bout 3 weeks ago and i tell you i love it!
between the yoga and the core rythms i have lost
3 inches from waist
1.5 from hips and
1 from thighs in 3 weeks!
just got the 18's on!
very happy bout that!
hello to all the newbies
and to all my faithful friends here!
missed you all!
still with brian next month 19 yrs.
cat will be 15 next month!
can you believie it?
weve moved again,nice 3 bedroom 2 bath.
but uh we have noticed we are not alone here shall we say.
ugggg.
i still homeschool.
cat has her pick in boyfriends out here.
im glad to be back and get into whats been going on!
love you all!
hugs,

ShelleyM
04-15-2007, 09:50 AM
:carrot: :hug: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :grouphug:

WELCOME BACK, DONI!!!!! Have you gotten my emails? We have missed you so much!!:jig: :cb: :dancer:

ShelleyM
04-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Doni-Do you have any newer pictures of Cat? I'd love to see how she's grown.

Sherry
04-15-2007, 11:13 AM
WELCOME BACK DONI!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: We have all asked about you sooooooo much!!! PLEASE don't leave us this time!!!!!! We have really missed you!! :hug: I'm glad to see that you're still with Brian. Last time you posted, things were rough. What happened to the guy you were seeing? Good luck to you in everything! Again....WELCOME BACK!!!
Love ya!

vouge09
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey everyone how are you all? I am still here , still alive , still strugglin but hey thats life right? How is everyone's diets goin? Mine is so terrible I need to get on track and fast. Its been hard lately but its ok. Uh Me and John we decided to be friends , we just realized that we werent meant to be together in that way . its alright I am the one who brought it up and kinda made the choice and things are alright , were friends , sometimes its kinda awkward but thats when we just brush it off and laugh about something.

anyways weight wise , yeah no improvement if anythign I have a disimprovement. I need something to change I am clueless in how to do it now. I really am sick of this challenge but dont know how to beat it. any suggestions ?

I hope everyone is in good health. xoxo

alinnell
04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Things aren't going to well for me today. I just found out that the daughter of a friend of mine committed suicide last night. I know the girl had had some trouble the past few months, but this is just too sad. She was beautiful--the only daughter in a family of 5 kids, popular, a sophomore in high school. She went to preschool with my daughter. This is the second kid from DD's school this year to commit suicide. I hope it doesn't lead to more. I'm just heartbroken.

ShelleyM
04-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Allison-Prayers to your friend and family. I can't begin to imagine how her family must feel.

I'm sending prayers to all the families of the kids at Va. Tech. How horrible and sad for everyone involved.

gdeann
04-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Prayers sent to the family Allison...such a loss of a young life...

Nice to see you back here Doni, I have thought of you often. Please post a pic of Cat, I would like to see her as she has grown.

Shelley, can you believe someone is so ill as to go in and take over 30 lives? I can't even comprehend how the families must be feeling.

Vouge, did you go to prom yet? If so, post a pic! You are young, you have time for romance and all that other stuff. Just keep a good head on your shoulders (which you already do)

Suzy, are you snowed in?

To all the other chickies, I hope life is treating you well and I think of you often.

I am busy preparing for a bridal shower this weekend then a bachelor-ette party the 5th. I think Liz & I decided we will take the girls for a choice of manicure/acrylic nails or pedicure, then out to eat. Needless to say, all of my work money is going toward party expenses right now! LOL!

gdeann
04-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Question: Steve insist shower punch should be foamy/bubbly...Mine won't be... I wanted to keep the spring theme so I am making strawberry lemonade. The punch bowl will have a few strawberries floating about and then I am placing 1/4 to 1/2 of a strawberry onto the rim of each glass. Tacky? He has me wondering now....

coles
04-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Unbelievable what happened yesterday at VA. Tech. I just don't understand this world sometimes.
WELCOME BACK DONI!!!! We missed you.
I am finally down another pound today. I was plateaued for a long time. I needed to keep track of what I was eating. I was maintaining instead of losing.
We have snow almost every day. I am really tired of it. It is supposed to be 18C this weekend and sunny. YAHOO Finally.

gdeann
04-17-2007, 11:05 AM
GREAT PIC JANICE! Is your hair lighter then it was before?

Deelite
04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Gayle we never had a shower punch that is bubbly. We have punches more like you want to serve, if this Canadian chickie's opinion counts.
With all that experience you can come on down and help me with Ashley and Jay's Jack and Jill shower.
I am going to have to catch the news. I am not sure what you gals are talking about with the 30 people dead.

Allison I am sorry to hear of such tragic news. Dez was suicidal for a few years. It is scary and tough to deal with because you can't really help.

Doni is it really you or an impostor? lol Glad your back. Share with us what else is new.

Sherry when I met Larry he had a size 28 waist and now it is a 34. I think that he weighed 135 pounds and he weighs 165-170. He was up to 185 for awhile so he has to watch it. He certainly doesn't exercise like me.
I hate to be bored I thrive on excitement. I am an adrenalin junkie that is why I exercise so much because you get a natural high from it. I have done a lot of stupid things in my younger years for the excitement, not drugs.

Suzy are you the Queen of Snow. Yuck. We have been having day time temps around 70 with sunshine.
I guess that Tim wouldn’t like someone suggesting that he could be Santa for Christmas. It is so hard to get them to exercise.

Janice I love your new pic. Sorry about the snow but honest I didn’t send it your way. I will send you our sun warm weather.
Way to go on the scale.

Our shopping trip down to the states was successful. Larry found a Ralf Lauren Linen color suit for the wedding under $150 with brown leather shoes and Dez found a long red dress for $12.00. I still haven't found anything to wear yet but I am not to worried as I have my gown from our 25th that I could wear.

A girlfriend of mine just called me for a walk so I got to get a going....

Oh yeah Larry is in Tulsa, Oklahomma and then will be going to Huston, so now I can get work on getting into troube. I am sure that Gayle can give me some ideas on what to do....

coles
04-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Gayle - thats funny you asking about my hair colour. Right now it is black cherry. Ususally brazilian brown or french roast. In the summer it gets lighter with the pool regardless of what colour I dye it. I am actually totally grey when the roots show.
Dee - I hope that warm weather and sunshine get here soon.

SuzyMc
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Today is the day that I have been waiting for for the last seven months...Travis is coming back to the US! He is due back at Camp Pendleton between 10:00 and midnight tonight California time. I can hardly wait for him to call and say that he has landed!

Dee ~ Queen of the Snow is a title that I would gladly give up! I would much rather be Queen of the Beach! :lol: We lucked out though...all the snow that fell here has melted and the wind has let up. Just a few miles north of us got close to a foot of snow!

Janice ~ Great picture! It's so nice to be able to put a face with your name!

Gayle ~ I like your idea for the punch! I don't like the ones that are filled with sherberts and foamy stuff.

Allison ~ My prayers go out to your friend and her family. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

coles
04-18-2007, 06:07 AM
Good Mornig everyone.
Suzy - I as so happy for you. Travis is finally coming home.
I have been doing a low carb diet since last Tuesday. I find its the best way to get the sugar out of my body. It gets rid of the sugar cravings.
I will switch back to WW once I feel I'm back in control of my eating.

4myloves
04-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Doni!!!

I'm so glad you're back! We really missed you!

Allison--I'm so sorry to hear of you daughter's friend. I, too, hope that it's not something that will begin "going around."

4myloves
04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Duh!

I posted a quick reply on the first page! Didn't even dawn on me that there were two pages of posts until my new message popped up! I hate it when I do stuff like that!

Janice--great picture! You're lovely!

Dee--sounds like y'all found some great deals! That's my kind of shopping! I love the clearence racks.

Gayle--the strawberry lemonade sounds yummy to me!

Deelite
04-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Suzy did you hear from Travis yet? I am sure a huge burden will be lifted off your shoulders when you know that he is safe and sound.

Cheryl wouldn't that be fun to make a shopping date and search out the sales.

Janice I find that it helps me too to go on a low carb diet to get rid of the sugar monster. It is a good quick start to losing a few pounds too.

Beautiful day here. I did a body sculpt class (muscle building killer class) and then jumped on the threadmill a jogged a couple of miles. Ohh, it felt so good.
Just finished dusting and tidying up my room while my rumba (robotic vacuum) sucked up the dust bunnies. Boy I love that thing. It sure works great on my floors. Beats me vacuuming.
Time to get out in the gardens and rake off the winter sludge my perennials turned into. Hopefully the night temps won't dip too low.

Love you all.

4myloves
04-18-2007, 09:01 PM
I finished my paper!!!!!

:carrot: :cb: :dance: :dancer: :book2: :woohoo: :broc: :rofl: :celebrate:

It wound up being 15 1/2 pages long! I feel sorry for my prof when he has to read it, but it's FINISHED!!!!!!

SuzyMc
04-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Yes! Travis is home safe and sound. He called yesterday afternoon about 2:30 yesterday afternoon from Bangor, Maine and then again this morning about 1:30 am as they were leaving the parade deck to go home! We talked to him for a couple hours tonight too...it's SO good to hear his voice!

Travis said the USO in Bangor is amazing! They greet all troops who are coming home at the airport and pass out cell phones for them to call home. They also took pictures of everyone and posted them on this website. Click on slideshow in the upper right hand corner and then Travis' picture is #85.

http://mainetroopgreeters.smugmug.com/gallery/2729917#P-4-9

He looks like a happy boy doesn't he? :)

ShelleyM
04-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Suzy-Travis is a cutie and looks very happy! I'm so glad for you that he is home.

Janice-I love your new picture. You look great.

Gayle-I think your punch sounds very pretty. I don't attend many showers, so I wouldn't have any tips for you. I am helping for a rehersal dinner this Friday night, then attending a fancy wedding Saturday night.

Dee-I'm sure you'll find just the right dress to wear.

Cheryl-Yay on the paper!

coles
04-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone.
Dee - I was glad that you told me you sometimes Low Carb. I don't think it is healthy for long term but it sure gets the sugar out of your body and gets rid of the cravings.
Once I do that I can do WW and just try to stay clear of the sugars.
I am a sugar junkie. I have no control over my eating when I have sugar in my body. I go into bingeing and HATE MYSELF, I just can't stop.

Deelite
04-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Suzy God answers prayers. Your son is home. May God continue to protect your family.
Great pictures.

Cheryl I am sure that you are relieved that your paper is done. That is really long. How long did it take you to write it and what is it on?

Janice I only go on low carb for a maximum of 7 days but usually 3-4 days does it for me. I love my sugars too, just don't get me started....once it is out of my system I allow myself a sweet dessert once a week other wise it is fruit with a squirt of whipping cream, yogurt, or a latte.

Gayle did you order that dress for the wedding or did you decide on something else?

Shelley has Mike had any luck with a job? How about the sale of the piano?
ARe you finding it hard with your parents living with you while thier place gets fixed up? I know that I would have a hard time with my parents living here.

Sherry when are you done school? I bet you are looking forward to the end.

Allison how is your daughter doing? Will she be going to the funeral? It must be so hard on everyone.

Debbi that belly of yours must be hard as a board with all that belly dancing. It must be a lot of fun.

I sure am enjoying my week without Larry here. I can eat when and if I want, I don't have to be home for noon and the evening.....

Time to give my sis a call and see if she will come into the city and meet me for lunch.

Have a good day everyone.

SuzyMc
04-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Janice ~ I'm the same way with sugar...there's no end once I start. The low carb/no sugar diet for a week sounds like a good idea. I may follow your example and see if it helps with the cravings.

Lynneye
04-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Suzy, so happy Travis is home! I know you are too! I loved those pictures!! What a great thing for them to do in Maine!

Janice, I have tried to do a modified low carb, and make it part of my life. I have found now, I don't like white bread, (except hot rolls right out of the oven) I can't stand regular pasta. I like the whole wheat stuff!

Cheryl, I hate to write papers and always had a few people read them and critique before I handed them in. I am sure you are thrilled to have it over!

Hi to everyone else, not enough time before work to write to everyone! Sorry!

Do want to tell you, I went to an open house yesterday and may change my career again! I am looking into library science to become a librarian. I have always thought that would be a fun job! I love libraries! Rob was joking last night, I could be the first belly dancing librarian! Sort of gives conflicting images doesn't! LOL!

coles
04-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Belly dancing librarian - times they are changing. Sounds good to me!
I'm down another pound today. I find low carb easy right now. When I plateau I will switch to WW. I have lost weight on both before. The trick as we all know is to keep it off. I plan my meals ahead and pack my lunch for work, otherwise the vending machine calls me.
Suzy - I think low carb would work for you to get the sugar cravings under control. I eat a lot of meat and caesar salad or regular salad. Don't forget to use salad dressings that are NOT light or fat free just read the label. I put bacon bits and shredded cheddar on top. YUM! Also lots of sugar free jello. Good luck if you decide to give it a try.

Sherry
04-20-2007, 09:49 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!!
Please go to #19...........A New thread has been started!!!! :wave: