Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies...#18

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:10 AM   #2  

Good Morning,
Just a quick hi to all. MIL is about the same. We're all trying to hang in there. FIL has been very sick the last two days.

Suzy...I know you're so excited about Travis!! I'm so glad he's coming home!! Give him LOTS & LOTS of hugs!!!!!!! I wish my Son was coming home. He's been on his SUB for almost 2 months now.

Cheryl.....Good luck bowling!! I never realized you were a bowler. Wayne & I have always bowled on a league.That's actually how we meet!! BTW: Drew,DS, has been wanting to go pro for about a year now. He bowls on 3 leagues. Three weeks ago he bowled a 300!! He'll get his ring tonight.

Hello to all...I've got to get ready for work...time is running out....
BTW: I'm doing great on WW. Down another lb!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #3  
Janice

YAHOO SHERRY!! Down another pound. You are doing great!

Old 04-11-2007, 08:32 AM   #4  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Sherry ~ I won't be giving Travis any hugs...at least right away anyway. He's not planning on coming home to PA until Christmas. We are hoping to make a trip out to California at some point, but I don't know when that will be...we just had to put $2000 dollars worth of repairs into my car, so that really put a hurting on the vacation fund! It will be nice just being able to pick up the phone to talk to him though!

How long will your son be on the sub? This was Travis' second deployment...he was gone 6 months.

I've already been on the treadmill this morning and I lasted for 20 minutes today!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #5  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I was also going to add that I weigh myself daily too and then average the numbers on Sunday. I know your weight naturally fluctuates from day to day, but if I don't see that number every morning then my weight goes up. That is part of my problem now. This winter I stayed off the scale and totally ignored it and look what happened! Of course no exercise and lots of over eating didn't help, but had I watched that number go up every day I might have done something to stop it sooner.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I do weigh daily and record it as well, but I TRY to only pay attention to the Saturday weight......I also have a chart of only Saturday weights. I can fluctuate all week and for the most part I'll be down on most Saturdays. It is hard though to see a nice week of loss, loss, loss and then wake up to a huge gain (that is now 2 days old!).
Old 04-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #7  

Sherry--yep, I've been bowling since 2001, but I took a break for awhile. My average isn't all that good, but it's still lots of fun I don't think I'll EVER bowl a 300------heck, I've never even bowled a 200!

I bought some of the 100 calorie Hostess cupcakes. They are SO good! I ate two packs of them for breakfast this morning. 6 mini cupcakes for 200 calories--beats my usual 5 mini-muffins for 260! These have fiber, too.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Add me to the ones who weighs everyday. I can pay attention that way.

Suzy, so thrilled Travis is on his way!

WTG Sherry!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #9  
Losing it!

GREAT JOB SHER!

I was out mowing last week in shorts, look what is predicted the next few days:

Tonight: Showers early will become a steadier rain overnight with a rumble of thunder possible. Low 36F. Winds E at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a half an inch.
Tomorrow: Rain with a few thunderstorms in the morning, then occasional rain or snow developing late. Cold. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds ENE at 25 to 35 mph. Snowfall around one inch.
Tomorrow night: Windy. Snow, heavy at times, in the evening will taper to snow showers overnight. Cold. Low 28F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 4 to 6 inches of snow expected.
Saturday: Scattered snow flurries and snow showers possible before noon. Becoming mostly sunny later. Cold. High 48F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Sunday: Sunny and wind. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.
Monday: Mostly sunny and windy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid
Old 04-13-2007, 05:41 AM   #10  

Gayle,
I agree! What up with this CRAZY weather!!? It's APRIL! Atleast we're not getting the "S" stuff! Here's ours:

Today
Increasing clouds. A slight chance of showers in the morning...then a chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of showers 40 percent.

Tonight
Cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. East winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Saturday
Showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning... then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the morning. Highs near 60. Southeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Saturday Night
Light rain likely in the evening...then mostly cloudy with a chance of light rain after midnight. Lows near 40. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Sunday
Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of light rain in the morning. Breezy. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

Sunday Night through Monday Night
Mostly clear. Lows near 40. Highs in the lower to mid 60s.
Tuesday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower to mid 60s.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower to mid 40s.
Wednesday and Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s. Lows in the lower to mid 40s.
Thursday
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s.
-
Old 04-13-2007, 06:09 AM   #11  

Send the rain this way! We are in dire need here in Fl. There have been tons of fires, due to the dryness. We got a bit of rain yesterday, but nothing like what is needed. It's very humid and 80's here.

Know anybody that would like to buy a Steinway Hamburg baby grand? My MIL has offered Mike 1/2 if he can sell it. It is worth $100,000.00!! It's an 1892 brazilian rosewood. I had no idea she had anything worth much. Guess I was wrong. She has other pianos also she is trying to sell. We may try ebay, but I think Mike wants to try all the free sites first.

My mom and dad are going to have to move in with us for a couple of weeks. The condo they moved into 2 years has mold problems--to the extent that it is dangerous for them to live there. Sounds like we may need to get an attorney involved. It is directly caused by the builder.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #12  
Losing it!

I think Mother Nature must be confused! We are having a strong snow storm and at the same time, it is thundering and lightening!
Old 04-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #13  

Pretty wild weather Gayle. It has been a little warmer this week with sun shine. It has been above freezing during the day and at night below freezing. We are suppose to have a warmer weekend. You can keep your rain and snow, I am sick of it.

Shelley my mom and dad had mold problems after they were flooded in 1997. I still think that there is mold behind the basement walls. I can smell it when I walk in. I hope that you can resolve the mold issue ASAP. How old in the condo that your parents are living in?
Good luck with selling the piano.

Sherry how you doing girl? Your weather doesn't sound to great either. I don't like cloudy days.
Are you almost down school?
Congratulations on the lose. You are doing really good.

Cheryl I wish we had some of those Hostess cupcakes here. They sound yummy and for little calories. It is a nice treat.
How is Stu and you doing these days?
Bowling is great exercise. Just keep on moving it.

Suzy I hope that you will be able to save up enough to go see Travis soon. Do you have any air mile plans? Maybe you can cash in on that.

Allison sounds like you have everything under control. I am sure that the weekends are the hardest to stay away from wine. I don't weigh everyday. I only weigh about once a week and then once a month at weight watchers.

Janice how are you doing? What is the weather going to be like for the weekend?
You need to pop in more often and let us know how you are doing?

Debbi what is up in your neck of the woods? Got any fun plans for the weekend?
We are going to dinner at friends of ours that is in the dinner club. There are 8 of us and we all take turns cooking a gourmet meal. It is a great evening out. Only the hostess will does the work so we all get a break til it is our turn. It works out really nicely. Some of us even present a menu to the guests as they arrive. It is a lot of fun.
We are also going for a drive on sunday to the states to shop at Kohls grand openning sale. We got great deals a few weeks ago.
Jay and I are going to a cooking class for Gourmet Pizza. It should be fun.

I hope that you all have an enjoyable weekend.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #14  

Dee,
You're always doing something exciting or going somewhere exciting!! I'm so jealous! My life is so boring compared to yours! I'm so envy!!

Out the door to visit MIL............. I'll post sometimes over the weekend. Everyone have a great one!!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #15  

Wayne is giving me time before we leave to post quickly for a question I have for everyone:

After all the years of posting here and knowing each other so well, I have never asked or heard anyone say if they had an overweight spouse or b/f. So...do you? And if so, does it help or hurt you when trying to stay on plan?

Wayne is VERY thin! Always has been. He's on the "little" size for a man. The first time I tried WW, it was so hard to stay OP because I would have to fix different foods for him because he's so picky. But this time it's different since I'm back on WW. It doesn't bother me anymore. All the "fatty foods" that he eats don't seem to appeal to me anymore. I was just thinking of this today & thought I would ask....
Closed Thread