Exercise! - How Many Calories Should I Be Eating?

Berlin
04-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I can't get over the fact that I've been a member of this board since 2005 - and a member of my gym since 2005 AND NOT A DARN POUND LOST!

My problem is that I get on these kicks, where I'll go to the gym and "diet" for a few months, then stop for a few months, then start again. :(

I'm REALLY trying to make it stick this time. It's just so frustrating!!!!!!! I've been busting my butt at the gym every single day for the last 3 weeks only to have gained 4lbs :?:

I must be doing something wrong. Since I'm doing the exercise, it's gotta be the food. How many calories should I be eating?

HELP!

jokemo
04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
You can go to www.calorieking.com, and you can put in your info there to get a calorie count.

Good luck this time around! :)

srmb60
04-10-2007, 06:51 PM
You might enjoy this thread about calorie counts and activity levels.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109081

Ilene
04-11-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't really pay much attention to those calorie counters. Start somewhere and be consistent with it for at least 2 weeks. Let's say start with 1500 calories if you lose weight, fine, stay there till you reach a plateau then bring your calories down by 100 or so for a few weeks till you plateau again... and you WILL plateau, we all do...Don't go below 1200 calories, but most of all be consistent, persistant and patient... Good luck :crossed: