100 lb. Club - the reality check hanging in my closet!

suzie76
04-10-2007, 10:20 AM
For some reason last night, I decided to see if any of my capri pants from last summer fit.....they didn't....not one stinkin pair! Okay, two pairs got on okay, but looked horrible-the other ones-forget it.

Why did I delude myself that I haven't gained much weight since last summer!
My new incentive-to get into some of those pants without them looking terribe. I have them in various sizes (naturally) so I don't expect all of them to fit this summer.

Anyone else have smaller clothes they'd love to wear lurking in their closet?

Sherry

royalsfan1
04-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Yep...but just a few. I got rid of most of them about a year ago when I decided I was just going to be fat. The ones I still have just got accidentally missed in the purge. I have 2 pair of pants, a shirt, and a dress left. I put the dress on yesterday and it went on but was too tight. It didn't look nice at all. About 10 pounds and I think everything except 1 pair of pants will fit...and 10 pounds later they will. I haven't worn any of these clothes in about 4 years...so I'm very happy to be close, again. All of them now go on....but they aren't fit for public! :)

NavyWifeDee
04-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I tried to purge out most of my little clothes, as they were out of style since I haven't worn them in so long.. but I do have two brand new pairs of Old Navy jeans that I never got to wear, and then one pair of size 16 shorts that I hope to get into soon, and a pair of 10's that I hope I will be able to wear someday. I have actually gotten into my 18's that were hanging around, now the task is to get rid of all my bigger clothes, (except a pair for before and afters) so that I won't let myself slide again.

nelie
04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Since this is the smallest I've ever been, the smaller clothes hanging in my closet are brand new :) I've recently bought some size 16 and size 18 misses petite pants. The size 18s are so close to fitting. I think 10-20 lbs and most of the pants will fit perfectly.

RitzyFritz
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh yes, in fact I was teasing a day or two ago saying I found a new clothing store - in my closet! :smug: Keep on going - it won't be long until you find they are fitting!

SexyRevealed
04-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I pretty much have a whole wardrobe in every size from 26/28 down to 18/20. Lots of stuff still with tags on them. So I look forward to wearing some "new" things pretty soon. I plan to try on some stuff this weekend, to see if I can start wearing some things now.

dandk0204
04-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I have a pair of pants I bought last year as "motivation" and I tried it on the other day and it fit BUT its a stretch jean and it was really tight so I'm hoping in 2 months are so it will fit okay!

suzie76
04-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks for your responses! I think if I keep up being consistent with exercise and lose 10 lbs or so, most of them will fit (I hope!) I live in NJ, so it won't be warm enough to wear them until around mid-May anyway.

Sherry

Slashnl
04-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I have two outfits that will require about 20 lbs to be gone before I can wear them. Then, there is this one dress that is hopelessly out of style, but I just want to be able to fit in it again!! Someday!!

Dawn2Dusk
04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Well, I tossed out most of my smaller shirts and pants, except for two pairs of jeans that I can't even DREAM of wearing until I've lost closr to 50-60 lbs.

I do have smaller bras, though. And I can't wait until I can wear them without "spilling over" or "over flowing". Right now, with my short 5 foot frame, I look like breast implants gone wrong. :p

Kae
04-10-2007, 02:57 PM
It must have been a good night for closet cleaning because I too was looking at my capris last night. Though I didn't try them on because they would have split at the seams. There was this cute beachy pair I loved to wear. They are from a couple years ago, the last time I lost weight.. before gaining it back plus 50 more. I was curious and looked at the tag--- SIZE 10!!--- I don't even remember being in a size 10 pants. What I wouldn't give now to be out of my 18s and back in those 10s this summer... but that is too soon. Hopefully I can wear them next year! *sigh*

lilybelle
04-10-2007, 03:21 PM
I have one pair of jeans that my son's skinny XGF gave me that I hang onto just to judge my waist size. I can button them laying down only. If I can't button them, I know my waist has gotten bigger. I know that I'll never be able to wear them in public, but they are my tape measure. LOL.

NickiB68
04-10-2007, 11:16 PM
I have 2 skirts I bought last summer, when I was losing weight. Then I fell off the wagon and I was never able to wear them. I would love to be able to wear them this summer! I also have 1 pair of capri's and 2 blouses that I've never worn. I am thinking of them as motivation. And I probably need to lose 15 pounds before I can wear the capri's and 20 to wear the skirts.

wip
04-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I understand the delusion...I had a really rough stressful winter. I started thinking about summer this weekend. Even my fat clothes don't fit. Got some serious work to do...These posts got me thinking. I have a bin of skinny clothes. They are now 10 years old, some of them even older. I'm thinking they're out of style by now even if I did think them "classic" at the time. Besides, I've had 3 beautiful babies since then. I sincerely doubt my body shape will be the same. Off to the good will they go!

famograham
04-10-2007, 11:33 PM
My entire closet AND my dresser are full of nice clothes that are too small...by ALOT ;)

I have one pair of jeans...which I broke down and bought last week (size 20)

I also threw out ALL my fat clothes when I lost last time...so I wouldn't gain it back. Well.....that didn't work too well and now I have NO clothes to wear...no fun. Especially when I look at the stuff I do have, and it's so cute..and looked good on me, too :(

I truly hope to be in them again someday!!

:hug:
Linda

Christine in CA
04-11-2007, 12:16 AM
I do have smaller bras, though. And I can't wait until I can wear them without "spilling over" or "over flowing". Right now, with my short 5 foot frame, I look like breast implants gone wrong. :p
:lol: :rofl: :lol: Dawn, you are too cute!!! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Sadly, I hate shopping, so I do the bare minimum and order online when I need clothes, and needless to say when they arrive, they don't always fit. My closet is full of shipping bags with clothes that are just a tad snug because I'm too cheap to ship them back! :headache: Now I'll just call them "motivation". (Don't tell my husband!!) :nose:

Christine