Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #246

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #246

Jane
04-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
04-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Good morning, ladies,

PinkJane - aww, I'm glad your DH made it home for Easter. And hold on, because warmer weather is headed your way in a day or two, I believe.

Jules - :rofl: too funny about the "girls". I too would spend money on a boob lift if I ever get to, and stay at, a goal weight. They bother me worse than a wrinkly face.

Tammy - so how'd the big dinner go? Yay for sending the leftovers home. I did the same thing, and feel good about that.

Sue - a stationary bike would be a good choice, unless you have knee problems like me. Now that I can't walk the treadmill because of my foot, I wish I had my glider back! I think I'm stuck with having to do floor exercises like we did in gym class. :dizzy:

Mindee - let's hope your DD doesn't join us 2 weeks late! Gina is ready right now for little Jackson and may have to take a leave from work early.

Judy - good to see you!

Sassy - you're awfully quiet! How was your Easter?

Hello to Marti, Cristina, Jodi, Mary Kate, and everyone else reading this. :wave:

I had a whole, long paragraph about the drama at my house yesterday, but since so many people from my church, etc. know about this place, I edited it out.

I bought my flowers for the garden, and am just waiting for warmer temps to plant them. I couldn't get any Baby's Breath yet, but the nursery owned told me she'd have it soon. And after reading about the complicated care of carnations, I decided to pass on those. Today I'm going to make a layout, according to plant height and color, so I'll know where to plant what, lol.

Have a great day! :)

FED up
04-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Well, I have some news about my 2 daughter's WI at Curves. After one month of working out at least 3x a week, my 16y/o, Claire, had lost 3 pounds and 5inches.
Heather, the 12y/o lost 7 pounds, and 5 inches.
I'm happy to see that both of them are watching what they eat now, and comparing the amount of calories of a candybar or something healthy.
I'm so glad that when I decided to make changes for myself, I made it a group effort. We all needed to make lifestyle changes, and involving them has made it more fun!

I don't know what made me decide to even start the wt loss thing. I went to my dr for a checkup on Feb 19, and realized that my wt was at an all time high. Being only 5 feet, that was NOT GOOD. And considering that I have high blood pressure, definitely not good. So that very day, I asked my dr to help, and it's been downhill since! I feel great, and even though I still have a way to go until I get to my goal, my clothes are fitting better, I'm wearing things I haven't worn in years, and I'm not as sluggish as I had been. There were days I didn't want to leave the house, I was getting so bad.

At the time I decided to do something, I read about this website. Talk about good fortune. Thank you all for being there, reading about me, and sharing all of your stories.

P.S. Jules and Mindee: Come on down! There's still plenty of room down here in this state for new residents! lol

Have a great day everyone!:wave:

Jane
04-09-2007, 11:37 AM
I forgot to say this: although I had some extra calories yesterday, I didn't go overboard at all. Plus, I've been strict about the water and vitamin and I've PMed someone who can help me with advice on what to do now that I can't walk on the treadmill any longer.

Judy - yay for you and your DD's progress! :cp:

Marti
04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Morning Ladies...

WI today and I'm the same. And with TOM being here.....that's pretty good!! :yes:

Had a great weekend w/Jhanai. We went through her room and boxed up things. Her room was probably the most organized and easiest to go through!!

Welcome to Celeste. :wave: I see you're from Oregon. I'm south of you....waaaayyy south. :) But will be moving a little North here in a week or two.

Hello to everyone else out there!! :wave:
I've got some calls I need to make this morning before work so I need to get moving. I promise that once we move and everything settles that I'll be able to spend more time here again. And able to do individuals more!

Sending hugs to you all!!:hug:

4amy
04-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Hello ladies.Well this is 3 weeks with no loss.I am making a full commitment this week to be down next week.i just haven't ben trying hard enough and i've got to get serious.april is almost half gone and i have to make my goal for april.i'm going now to get on the elliptical.have a great day everyone.I WILL HAVE A LOSS NEXT WEEK!!!:carrot:

FrouFrou
04-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Hello ladies...

I am on :cloud9: Josh called this morning and we talked for a while. He is glad to be back in ____ after being on almost a month long mission near the big sand box. I could tell it in his voice. He is starting to count the days till he gets out, lol! Also, I am down a pound, almost two actually. And...I started walking today. I planned on two trips around the park but that darn wind was bitter cold. At least I did something. :cp: 3/4 of a mile is much better than nothing at all.

JANE...sorry about the drama at your house yesterday. :hug: And WTG on staying OP! :carrot:

SASSY...thank you sweetie for the Easter Card, just got it today and it is so cute! Love the doggie! :hug:

4AMY...good for you for not getting discouraged! :hug:

SUE...WTG on getting your walk in! :carrot: I didn't make my walking goal either and that's okay. I wasn't into it at all. I've got to get myself motivated again somehow. I think with a loss this week it helped because I want to continue to lose!

JULES...I used to buy the OshGosh & Carters for the kids when they were little. DH thought I was crazy for spending that much on a pair of jeans for a 6 month old but whatever. Jason wore them and then they were still in GREAT condition that Josh wore them too. There were a few pair of jeans that I even passed on to Carrie, lol! I loved the little jumpers for the girls, soooo cute!

HI CELESTE and :welcome: Look forward to getting to know you.

PINKJANE...are you sure you're not in KS, lol? We are having the exact same weather and frankly I am tired of it. Glad DH was able to get home for Easter and I hope you guys had a wonderful time.

MINDEE...will you have one of those family rooms? They have them here and it's like staying in a motel. You have the room to yourself with a queen bed, tv, table and chairs and the family can stay with you if you want them too. I thought that was so cool.

JUDY...add another to coming to FL if this weather doesn't warm up. WTG on you and your DD's! :carrot: :carrot: That is great that you guys did it together.

MARTI...you guys are going thru what we went thru just a few weeks ago. Can't believe it's going on three weeks that we've been here, already! It will all be over before you know it and you guys will be enjoying your new home, and lovin' it!

Hi to everyone else:wave:

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

suetalks
04-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Fly by until later..... I just came in from a 2 mile walk. It is/was 43 degrees and not as windy. If it stays like this or warmer I CAN do 10 miles this week. I missed last week, only 7.5 miles.
Weigh in and I am down another pound. I think if I can ramp up the walking I can lose 2 pounds this week...*fingers crossed* I have never been able to lose 4 or 5 pounds a week like some people...not after the initial water weight anyway.
Hey...I will take it....slow but sure.

back later to chat

PinkSands
04-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

I just finished on the treadmill and thought I would say Hello...it was a little bit warmer today, made it up into the 40's...suppose to get flurries over nite, oh joy!!...I did Hip Hop Abs today for 30 mins and who knew I even had abs LOL, I know now they are screamin at me...I put a chicken breast in the oven before my walk, it's smellin pretty good, either that or I am just hungry LOL...Hubby is on his way back to Jersey, he's so excited LOL, he keeps tellin me he gets paid to drive, I get paid to listen to him complain on the phone...he was hitting Chicago at rush hour and it was snowin so he was doin some of that complainin LOL...well I am gonna finish makin my dinner and watch CSI Miami...Have a Good Evening Everyone.

Jane - Sorry to hear about the drama at dinnertime, sounds like your garden is gonna be beautiful

Cristina - it's been awful hasn't it, we're in for more if the weather channel is right(they never really know til they open the window in the morning and actually look) I am truly sick of cold!

Good Nite Everyone

Pink Jane

Bandmom1011
04-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Hi everybody.

Well I am stuck for yet another week on my weight. Been here for 3 weeks now.

Yes, my mil did fix lasagna for Easter dinner. She is a strange one to say the least. Anyhow, my sil did come thru with the ham and it was VERY good- lol.

So, when would you all suggest calling to check on the job if I don't hear anything? The guy said he had 2 other interviews to do. I know that he offered me Fri am or Sat am. I also know that after my interview he was leaving for the day, so that means that he might have done 1 or both of the other interviews Sat or today. I really thought I might hear something today, ok so patience isn't my strong suit- lol

It is supposed to start warming up later this week. Hopefully I can get back to walking. I have kinda fallen off the wagon and I need to get back on.

tommysgirl18
04-10-2007, 02:16 AM
Jane~ I hope she doesn’t decide to join us two weeks late! After having two late boys, I am ready for an early girl! I can’t wait to see pics of your flowers when they start to bloom.

Judy~ Tommy keeps talking about moving if the economy here gets any worse then it already is. That is great news on your daughter’s WI! I have always liked to have a work out buddy….and who better to be a work out buddy then a daughter or sister.

Marti~ That is good news about your WI! I love the new avatar. Your dog is such a cute little thing!

Amy~ Good luck with your goal! I can’t believe April is almost half over with already…..where has this month gone to?

Cristina~ That is great news that you got to talk to Josh. When he gets out, is he out for good? Yup, I will have my own room. They call them birthing suites here. I had my own labor room with Brandon, but then got shipped to the post partum ward after I had him. With Logan, I had my own LDRP (Labor, Delivery, Recovery, & Post Partum) room and it was great! And with this delivery, I will again have my own room. It sucked some big toes when I had to get moved after having Brandon. I lost a couple things in the transition….nothing major just the extra sanitary napkins that they gave me.

Sue~ Great job on the loss! Great job on motivating yourself to get in those miles!

Jodi~ Good thing your SIL came through with the ham!

Jane
04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Good morning, ladies,

Sassy - thank you for the Easter card. I got it yesterday, and it was sweet of you to send it.

Marti - just a year ago I was boxing up everything to move, and I hope I don't have to go through that again in my lifetime, lol. It's so much fun, though, to get into the new house, that it's worth it. I just love your house! Being a homeowner is very liberating.

Amy - with your good attitude, I think April will be successful for you.

Cristina - how much longer does Josh have until he gets stateside again? Yay for your weight loss/exercise progress.

Sue - I've always read that, unless a person's starting weight is very high, a 1 - 2 pound loss a week is best, after the initial water weight loss. Consistancy is what I'm going for at this point. No more yo-yoing!

PinkJane - lol, what in the world is hip hop abs? Whatever it is, it sounds like a lot of fun. Can I come join you? Oh Lordy, I can't imagine driving in Chicago during rush hour. I was just there, and WALKING during rush hour is dangerous enough! Those cabbies can get downright ugly with their horn-honking and cussing! Gotta say I still had a lot of fun, though!

Jodi - I'd go ahead and call today, if I were you. I used to be a Personnel Director, and when someone would call me about their application, and they were in the favorable stack anyway, I'd put it at the top because I knew they really wanted to work. Since you've already had the interview, it doens't hurt to expect an answer. Just a thought.

Mindee - wow, I didn't remember that the boys were both overdue. Does your doctor think Marissa will follow that pattern? Hopefully there's no bearing there.

Hello to all others.

Although it's too cold to plant the flowers, I sat down yesterday and made a diagram on paper of what's going where. I planned for all the perennials to go on one side of the garden, and the annuals to go on the other. That way, next spring, we can till up the one side w/o bothering the perennials. I frankly can't wait to get going with this project.

In the meantime, Mt. Washmore is calling!

FrouFrou
04-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

JANE...I bet your garden is going to beautiful! Josh is supposed to head back in a few months, that was the plan originally. They said they will have to stay a couple more months but then changed that as well so who knows. With all that's going on they won't tell them until a few days before most likely for security purposes. But the'll have them packed up probably a month before they actually do leave.

JODI...I too would call today or at least tomorrow. I wouldn't let too much time pass though. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get it. :crossed: :goodluck: :lucky:

PINKJANE...to say the least! I am hating this weather and just want to see the sun! DH worked in Chicago years ago and said the traffic there is horrible! Sorry your DH had to deal with it.

SUE...I'm with Jane...consistency is what I am going for as well and is best! I think, anyway. I just told DH yesterday leaving our WW meeting that it doesn't matter how long it takes to get it off, as long as you get it off. I want to ensure that when I get it off it stays off so 1-2 pounds a week is good for me. I think you are doing a great job! :bravo:

MINDEE...wish they had those type of rooms when I had the kids, they are nice. I saw them when I did some volunteer work at the hospital a couple of years ago. Bet you are counting down the days.

Hi everyone else :wave:

Nuthin' much going on with me today. Went to pick up V's cake and balloons and ran to the post office. He is going to kill me when he sees the gag gifts I got him, lol! Had to do the over the hill stuff, lol! Working on getting some laundry done. And that's about it today. Going to do a walk on the treadmill as soon as I get off this thing and then another later this evening. Can't get out in this stinking weather to do anything. Well, I did take Ernie down the street twice. Kind of funny trying to hold the leash and an umbrella with the other hand and the wind blowing 100 mph, lol! Surprised it didn't turn inside out. Anyway...take care ladies and I hope everyone is staying warm! :hug:

PinkSands
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Well the rain finally showed up around 4 this afternoon and now we have a snow and blowing snow advisory for all day tomorrow, suppose to get 3 to 6 inches, which usually means about 1/2 an inch, they never get it right LOL...Hubby called earlier he was in DC at rush hour, fun,fun,fun...he has to deliver in Jersey at 9 am and then pickup and be in So Carolina at 6 am on Thurs...I did 30 mins of Hip Hop Abs again today and I can honestly say I hurt LOL...Just finished my 60 mins on the treadmill and gonna make a turkey burger for dinner...Deadliest Catch is on tonite and then Workout, I am hooked on those two shows LOL...I have to pick the boy up at work after 11 so I am hoping the snow doesn't start tonite, we shall see...Well have a Good Evening All, be good and if you can't be good be careful;)

Jane - LOL Hip Hop Abs is a workout dvd:broc:

Cristina - LOL be careful you don't blow away, this weather is crazy:rain:

Good Nite All

Pink Jane

Bandmom1011
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I was going to call about that job today, but my hubby talked me out of it. He said that since we didn't know for sure when the other interviews were going to be, then I needed to give it a week and if I haven't heard by Friday to call then. I also talked to a friend who does hiring and she told me that calling today would be too soon and that I should send a thank you card to the guy because that would set better with an interviewer than a phone call. So I dont know....
I wish I knew one way or the other, I do not take waiting very well- lol

Sassy_Chick
04-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey all,

I just wanted to stop in and say Hi :wave:

YW for the Easter Cards, sorry they were late, I ran out of stamps so I figured, oh well, better late than never! lol.

Our Easter, we worked. So we are going to have our own small, intimate Easter dinner together tomorrow, just DH & me. My in-laws didn't have one this year, but with my fil's health now and he is on a special diet, he can only have 31 ounces of protein a day, plus he is also a diabetic so he can't have a lot of carbs either. So we're just going to have our own small dinner together.

I talked with my mom today, online, she is taking some time off the beginning of May, I told her she is more than welcome to come and stay with us if she wants too. She said she'd like that. So we'll see, I hate planning anything because the weather has been so nuts, you never know, we may have a blizzard or something the 1st of May! *KNOCKING ON WOOD* Cuz I definately don't want that to happen! lol. So lets hope the weather holds out so I can finally see my mom! Its' been about a year! I can't believe its been that long!!!!!! :yikes:

Well guess that is about it. DH is getting or has a cold, luckily we got a lot done last week, so no need to really clean much. I have to do laundry (thrills) but that is about it.

Take Care all!~

**Just got some news: MIL called us, I figured it was something bad if she was calling @ 10 p.m. at night, so I answered DH's cell as he left it in the living room again. (he was in his office) So I didn't want it to go to VM if it was something important, so I answered, seems FIL is really sick, vomiting, etc and she is dizzy so if FIL or both needs to go to the ER, she can't drive, so she wanted to be sure we kept our phone nearby. I said we would, its also a good thing, we work nights, because we will be up all night long, even though this is our night off. So if something happens, we are already up and awake.

I am hoping this is only the flu, but it just makes me nervous because this is how it all started with my step father. (he had liver cancer) And though my fil's situation is different, but its basically the same, renal failure.

So as soon as I got off the phone and told DH and sat down, I started crying :cry: because it brought it all back. Sounds like a big baby I know.

I know its just a matter of time before we have to move in with my in-laws permantly. (we lived with them before for a little while when DH lost his job and At the time they were going through some health issues)

Anyways. I figured it was good to get my feelings out and not keep them inside.**

Thanks for listening.

:hug:

suetalks
04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi everyone..I didn't get back very quickly, huh? :)
I had a busy day today..cleaning. Just normal dusting, vacuuming, etc. Mopped yesterday.... I want to wash windows if it would ever get warm. We got the tilt in windows, so they will be easy, but would like to not let the heat out while doing them. Ran (well, drove) to the library, then had to go back as I forgot one book. Geesh! Senior moment.
I did get 2 miles in today as it was in the low 40's. Now tomorrow is gonna bring rain. boo hoo....

Sassy- Have a nice Easter dinner with DH. Hope your Mom gets to come for a visit.

Jodi- *fingers crossed* about the job. I never know when to call either. :?:

Cristina and Jane- I do think 1 or 2 pounds a week is okay for me. I just hope I can get even a pound. Just when I think I am doing good with exercise the food part goes awry, or visa versa.

Pink Jane- You are doing so good with the exercising. I have seen Hip Hop Abs and it looks like quite a workout. I need to do something more than I am....and I WILL ride the bike as soon as it stays warm.

Mindee- I also hope your little girlie doesn't come late. I remember from my kids and grandkids how hard it is to wait during those last few weeks. My first one was late, but the next two were a few days early.

Marti, Judy, Celeste, Amy, Tammy, Tina and all the other J.L's...hi and have a good Wednesday. I have to do some shopping tomorrow, grocery and Kohl's. Hopefully can get home and walk before the rains come.

FrouFrou
04-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Hiya ladies, again! :wave:

Thought I would check in tonight since tomorrow will be a busy day for me/us.

We headed to this town that has jeans that V likes...80 miles away so we were gone most of the evening. It was nice though just to get away and spend some time with DH. We hardly ever have time to ourselves. Tomorrow he has off so we will be gone most of the day.

Started my walking yesterday, again. Not making any goals so I won't be dissappointed if I don't make them. Just adding my miles as I do them. Felt good to do a little over two miles today. It was like I never took a break.

SUE...I think it will all fall into place and you will start losing. I know a with me I can't do two things at once so one has to take precendence over the other. :hug:

SASSY...sorry to hear about your In-laws. :hug: Hope it's nothing serious. Will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

PINKJANE...more snow?! Keep that stuff there, lol! It rained here all day and made for a blah day. But I did enjoy spending the evening with DH. Going to have to check out the hip hop abs...not heard of it before but sounds like fun.

JODI...you know, I never know what to do and I even took a class for it, lol! You hear so many different things so just go with your gut. :crossed:

Hi everyone else :wave:

Sorry this is a sort of quickie. I was down here doing my second mile walk since we got home so late and thought I would jump on really quick. V is up putting up two blinds in the dining area...they finally came in. Had the big one in the middle but the little windows on the side have been wide open. You can't see anything in them though. Anyway, going to see what he is doing and jump in the shower.

You ladies have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow. Later...:wave:

tommysgirl18
04-11-2007, 02:43 AM
hello everyone!

Jane~ Yup, both of them were stubborn boys. Brandon was three days late and Logan was eight days late. From the way my doctor asked me at my 36 week appointment about if I knew where the hospital was and how to get there, I am hoping that they think she will come early! I will find out on Thursday where things are at progression wise.

Cristina~ T minus two weeks and five days……LOL You betcha I am counting down the days….until I can sit comfortable on a chair without my belly pushing into the table.

Pink Jane~ Sorry to hear about the snow. We are suppose to get some snow on Wednesday morning, then it is suppose to turn into rain for the rest of the day. My kind of weather in order to get some things done off my “nesting list.”

Sassy~ I hope your in-law’s are okay and that it is only the flu.

Sue~ I hope she comes early. After having the boys being late, I don’t think I will be able to handle another one that wants to be late. I was going nuts when I was a week late with Logan…..so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have made some progression at my appointment on Thursday.

Jodi~ I have my fingers crossed that you got the job!

Sassy_Chick
04-11-2007, 05:31 AM
:hug: thanks everybody.

I hope you all have a Great Day. :)

Jane
04-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Happy Hump Day! :D

Cristina - thank you so much for the card. What's really cool is, the verse on the front (Numbers 6:24-26) is one of my all-time bible verses. Rev. Duke used to say it to the congregation right before church was over every Sunday. Sounds like Vince's birthday is going to be lots of fun! You and he were in my thoughts yesterday.

PinkJane - hey, you're doing great with the exercise. Have you ever tried soyburgers like Gardenburgers or Boca burgers? I eat them all dolled up with pickles, tomato and little bit of mustard, lol. I wish I could go all vegetarian, but don't see that actually happening.

Jodi - I thought the interviews were over Sat. or I would've said wait before making the call, too.

Sassy - how's your FIL today? Hope it was nothing serious. You said it only a matter of time before you'll have to live with the in-laws. Do you mean to take care of them? We had a home health agency come and take care of my MIL while she qualified, and that sure was a blessing. But then we did have to move in with her. Enjoy your Easter dinner today.

Sue - there's a new Kohl's being built in Vincennes, and I can hardly wait! If we could get a Target, I'd be ecstatic, lol. My windows need done, too, but I want to wait until the rainy season slacks off. How I ever lived w/o flip in windows, I'll never know, lol.

Mindee - Gina is doing the countdown thing too. As of today, it's just 21 days!

A big hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

It's raining today and I'm planning to get some cleaning done. I have my Steel Magnolia meeting (did I tell you all about that?) this afternoon, and need to at least spiffy up the bathrooms.

I've mentioned this product before, but if any of you like bread and butter pickle spears, please try the sugar-free Mt. Olive ones. They are crunchy and sort of sweet, which takes care of all sorts of cravings, lol. Since they are made with Splenda, there's no weird aftertaste.

Have a good one, ladies.

onmyown
04-11-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm Baaaaack! I was in Laguna and then Palm Desert these past few days for Easter and I had a very relaxing time. Spent a lot of time with my DS...:) My other kids went with their other grandma back to laguna after easter dinner and my ds and I hung out for the next 2/3 days.

I met with the office of Dr. Platt! It was really exciting. On monday I had a full blood panel done to check everything including my thyroid and my hormones. On Tuesday I met with Dr. Platts partner. He was so good. We talked for at least an hour. He went over everything with me. (results from the test) And everything they prescribe is natural. My thyroid wasn't too low as far as MOST drs. would be concerned but it was on the low end and to get the best results they want you to be higher so i'm on thyroid and progesterone and DHEA. And some vitimens and other stuff. After meeting with him I met the nutritionist and she spent a lot of time with me. And then went to the pharmacy and they too sit down with you. I loved it all. 2 really good things I think happened...the first was the dr. said he would've thought I was 10 years younger than what was written down. :) (I said I'd be BACK...haha) and then he also thought there was no reason why my foot shouldn't heal after losing the weight and getting back on track. :)

I'm really excited. The last thing I am doing is 'strength training'. :) I got some resistance bands and my son has a bench with some things on it for me. Building muscle helps you burn more calories. So you want to be sure to strength train. I'm excited. I got home at 1am and then I got up at 6:30 and took some of my products. The progesterone come in a cream you rub on your forearms. I never thought I'd be so excited about this stuff. haha

Tina

Marti
04-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Hello and good Morning! :wave:

I wanted to pop in and let ya all know that I'm still around. It's getting closer I just know it and soon I'll be in the new house! :D Actually we should be closing either Friday or Tuesday. (This is based on James schedule) Pretty exciting!!

Not a lot of time for individuals but I do want to suggest to Jodi---Maybe not give a call but write a thank you letter for the interview. After I got this job...one of the gals who interviewed me told me that the letter I sent after my interview was great and helped them make a decision.

Ok....times just ticking away. I need to get moving. Have a great Wednesday.

4amy
04-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Hello everyone and thanks for the support.Just checking in to say everything is going pretty good.The scale still haven't moved but i'm in a better frame of mind and i have worked out on the elliptical monday ,tues and i'm about to go for a workout now.I still have a few days left before weigh in and i'm going to try hard to make it happen.My eating is back on track,so theres nothing stopping me.Have a great day everyone.:carrot:

Bandmom1011
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Ok, I kept thinking about calling about the job. So while I was out working I called. The guy was on lunch break. So I got home a little while ago and saw his number on my caller ID from early this morning. yeeaahh
So, he wants me to come in to talk to his wife and the lady who has held this job for 34 yrs. He said I had him sold but he wanted these ladies to speak with me to make sure I can do the bookkeeping part of the job.He told me that he is sure everything will work out but he just wanted to run me by his wife and the other lady to make sure. Anyhow, I am SOOO excited.

sz2atheart
04-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Jane--Thank you for the Easter Card that was so sweet of you!!

Cristina--Thank you too for the card. Dh was so confused seeing all these cards coming in from different States. I just told him that I had a fan club that he didn't know about! Thanks again. What....80 miles for a pair of jeans????

Sassy---Hope all is well with your FIL. I know how stressful parents and in-laws health can be. I've spent all day running my mother with Parkinson's to her neurologist and grocery store. She is getting worse every day and refuses to go to a retirement apartment even though she has the funds to do so. It's so frustrating.

Sue--I hear ya about the windows. I'm waiting for the big blast of pollen to come and go and then I know a quiet little group of mexicans that do my windows for $4 each (even the huge one in my sunroom). Doesn't matter what size window...only $4. I have 30 windows in my house and worth every penny!!! I only get them done once or twice a year and do the ones in my breakfast area, kitchen and family room a few times more by myself.

Mindee--Keep off your feet. You're almost there!!

Marti--Good luck with the closing on your house.

Amy--Keep your chin up sweetie!! I just got my TOM less than an hour ago and just inhaled a coconut easter egg and a rock hard peep!

Jodi--I'm so excited for you for getting another foot in the door. Good luck with getting the job!!

Big hello to Pink Jane, Tina, Vann and anyone else I missed. I've had a really busy day and only have a few more minutes till my dance night. So the big question for the night......Will we see another week of Sanjaya on AI?? Hugs to all!!

Sassy_Chick
04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey all.

MIL called early this morning, DH took FIL to the ER, they were all there all day, they did admit his father.

His mom isn't doing well either as she is having dizzy spells and falling over. DH offered to stay with her, as she is now alone, but she wouldn't let him. So the neighbor is checking in with her.

DH went ahead and called off work for tomorrow night, they were real sympathetic, all they wanted to know was if I was going to be in! :mad:

Anywho that is the latest.

FrouFrou
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Just a quick HI ladies :wave: Will be back to do individuals tomorrow when I have more time. Very busy day today to say the least.

I wanted to come and log in my miles walked today and to thank you JANE for the card. It was really appreciated and I thank you for always remembering the special day. :thanks: :hug:

Chat tomorrow, have a good evening ladies.

suetalks
04-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Also a quick hello and a walk check-in. It rained most all day...cleared up briefly while I was getting dinner. I managed a mile before I had to stop....thought I would finish up after dinner, but then the storms came through. I am soooo tired of rain and/or cold. I want to waaaallkkk outdoors. I want suuunssshiiine. *whine, wine* :)

patricia10
04-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi I'm new to 3 FC. I found this web site by accident I think.:)

PinkSands
04-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Greetings from the Great White North:yikes: gees

It's been snowing off and on all day, but it's been warm enough to melt most of it off, we maybe got a half inch so not too bad as far as snow goes LOL...I could really do without this darn wind too...nothing exciting around here today, never really is with just me here all day LOL...I did the Hip Hop Abs again today and it's getting easier but my abs are sore...did my 60 mins on the treadmill and had a chicken breast for dinner...just sitting here waiting on the boy to call and say he needs a ride...Hubby called from So Carolina, he's on his way back to Jersey, LOL he's stuck on repeat this week...Well just wanted to say Hey and check in, have a Good Nite All

Pink Jane

Jane
04-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Just a quick one for me this evening. Wanted to check in now because tomorrow will be so busy. I've got errands, my monthly lunch with niece Carol, the Body, Mind and Spirit meeting, and Makenzie is scheduled to be "Grandma's Girl" for the day until my meeting time.

I had a great OP day, :carrot: and hope you did, too.

Patricia - a big :welcome: to you! Even if you got here by accident, I think you'd like our group. Jump back in when you can.

A big hello to everyone else. :wave:

Ciao, bellas!

tommysgirl18
04-12-2007, 01:44 AM
hello everyone!

Jane~ Sounds like she is due a couple days behind me. Wonder who will go first, me or Gina? I was hoping to get some cleaning done off my “nesting list” but Brandon was a pain to get to take a nap, and I ended up taking one with him. So far, all I need to finish that I want to get done before Marissa arrives is finish the file box and put her clothes and things in her cart and get it ready for her to debut.

Tina~ Sounds like you had a blast! Sounds like your appointment went great! I love appointments that go like that. Now, send some of that good luck my way. I have my 37 week appointment Thursday morning at 10:45am. I am hoping to have made some progression in the dilation area.

Marti~ Good luck with the closing!!!

Amy~ Great job on the motivation!

Jodi~ That is great news on the job!!! When do you plan to go by there and met the two ladies?

Tammy~ I try to keep off my feet as often as possible. But sometimes it isn’t possible while the boys are awake, so as soon as they are in bed I sit down and put my feet up.

Sassy~ I hope your in-law’s are okay. Do they know what is causing your FIL’s sickness?

Patricia~ Welcome to the group! I hope to get to know you better.

Marti
04-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Hello ladies!

Another quicky for me. (getting tired of this yet??)

I just got done w/my walk....which I really had to talk myself into doing. I think that a half hour out of getting my house together is a waste...but I can't forget to stay on track! And w/trying to get this house....it's been hard. But so far, I haven't gained so I'm doing ok. Let's hope I keep up w/it.

Great news. Tomorrow we sign the closing forms!! :D :D We should get the key by Tuesday. How great is that??

Of coarse, there are a few things we want to do before we move in, such as tear up the carpets and refinish the wood floors underneath (they're in GREAT shape!) So who knows when our actual MOVE in day is. But it's soon!!

I will keep you posted.

Off to bed I go. Need to get up early to meet w/the Escrow (sp???) people!

Goodnight!

Bandmom1011
04-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Mindee- I go Friday 9am to meet the ladies. How was the appointment?

Marti- yeaaahhhh finally an end to all the house stuff. Contrats!

Patricia- :welcome: so glad you found us. I think you will love it here.

Have a good day everyone!!!

Sassy_Chick
04-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey all, MIL called, said FIL is worse than he was yesterday, now they are thinking its either C-Dif (http://www.cdiffsupport.com/aboutcdiff.html) or Salmonella. A co-worker of mine was nice enough to volunteer to work for me today so I could go to the hospital w/ DH & MIL.

Thanks for all the vibes, prayers, and positive thoughts.

Bandmom1011
04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
My thoughts are with you Sassy. Is your MIL any better?

tommysgirl18
04-13-2007, 01:55 AM
hello everyone!

Well, I am back from my doctor’s appointment. The appointment went well, and surprisingly, the doctor’s office isn’t as chaotic on Thursday mornings as it is on Tuesdays!

I went back into the back area, got the normal weight and pee in a cup routine done. My weight, as far as I know, is the same it was last week, which they said was fine. Then off to the exam room for the rest of the appointment. My blood pressure was 102 over 66, I think is what she said, which she said was fine. Then it was time to wait for the doctor, which wasn’t that bad. The doctor came in and asked if I had been having contractions. I had three or four of them on the way to the doctor’s office. She said “well, maybe something will happen tonight. You never know.” She answered my questions and put me at ease on things. I don’t have to do any pre-registration with this hospital, which is a relief. As far as my swelling, she told me that she could write me a script for the compression stockings or with me being so close to the end that I could wait it out. So, I decided that I would take it one day at a time and wait it out. She did however tell me to elevate my feet when I am sleeping as well in order for it to help the swelling go down.

I asked about the medications that they would use for my tubal. She told me that depending on if I get an epidural is one thing, another thing is the time that I would have Marissa. She told me that if I have her in the morning or early afternoon, and I was able to get an epidural, then all they would do is wait an hour for the epidural to wear off, then re-dose the catheter and I would be on my way. If I were to have her at night then they would wait six hours and then do the tubal. She did say that if for some reason I am unable to get the epidural, then they would use a spinal for the tubal. In which case, they would just give me one big shot full of the medicine with enough in it to last for the time of the procedure. I had asked if the medicine was okay to use while breastfeeding, but I was meaning about any pain medicine they give me for after the birth and surgery.

I had asked her another question, and for some reason it is escaping me right now. Oh yeah….the last question was about where I was sitting progression wise. Right now, I am still thick (so no thinning as of yet), she is still up pretty high (even though she feels like she is going to fall out), and I am sitting at 2cm! So, like I mentioned to her, one centimeter is better then none in a weeks time. My next appointment is set for next Thursday, the 19th, at 10:45am. My MIL is giving Marissa a week to a week and a half before she is born, which would take her right around her due date. The nurse asked me how I was doing and I said I was ready to be done with being pregnant. She laughed and I asked her if there were any sure fire ways to not be pregnant anymore. Her response was “yeah…..sex.” I said “that is how our second one came.” She laughed and said “so you already know the trick then.”

Marti~ That is great news on the house!!!!

Jodi~ The loooooooong update is above. Good luck with meeting the ladies!

Sassy~ I am keeping your in-law’s, as well as you and your DH, in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

Sassy_Chick
04-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Hey Everybody, Thanks so much for your prayers and vibes.

I also didn't know until MIL told me that FIL had a 103.4 Fever lastnight! Of course she was totally scared to death about that, so she even contacted her minister and they started a prayer chain for him.

Well we went to see FIL today, his fever is gone, he is now 98.8, a big improvement from 103.4!!!!!! I didn't see him on Wed. So I don't know how bad he looked, but he looked pretty good today, still could tell he didn't feel well, but did look better. Even MIL & DH said he looked 100% better. We are all relieved, although the drs want him to stay a few more days. DH is thinking maybe he'll be released possibly Monday, which would work out because we are off and could go and pick him up and all. I mean even if he gets released earlier when we work, DH can still go and get him.

We took MIL to the store since she has been having Dizzy Spells, she doesn't like to drive and we honestly don't want her too, so we took her and she took us out to eat. (I totally stuffed myself--ugh!) But DH had an awesome spring green salad with his meal that was awesome! ;)

FIL wanted some books and his electric razor so DH is gonna run it over on his lunch tomorrow (Friday) so MIL doesn't have to worry about driving or anything like that.

So anywho, that is the latest. They still are not completely sure what exactly it is, they are still testing him.

tommysgirl18
04-13-2007, 02:59 AM
Sassy~ Sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel is shining through! Do they know what caused this? It is good to hear that he is feeling/looking better already.

Jane
04-13-2007, 10:24 AM
It's Friday the 13th - something good is bound to happen today, right? Seriously, every Friday the 13th, something cool happens to me.

Mindee - Gina's c-section is scheduled for May 2nd., but she thinks he will come early since she's had so many contractions already. This is her 3rd child, too, and it seems with the 3rd one, that happens a lot. It did with me, too.

Marti - YAY :cp: As of today, you're an official homeowner. It's a really good feeling, too, and I can't tell you how happy I am for you, James and Jhanai!

Sassy - glad your FIL is much better. My MIL contracted c-dif while she was in the hospital with congestive heart failure, so I know how awful it is.

I'm really excited today because I started a new scrapbook club, and today is our first crop meeting. I've got a couple of photosof Neal working a jigsaw puzzle that I want to do first, and then who knows what.

I've been totally OP and feeling great about that.

Have a good one, ladies, and I'll check back later if I can. :hug:

4amy
04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
This is a great day,the scale is finally starting to move in the right direction.I will be keeping my fingers crossed til weigh in on monday.I have been doing shorter workouts this week alternating the bike and eliptical and it seems to be working .30 mins seems to be enough to get the scale moving.i find it hard to lose when i workout alot for long periods of time.
Hope everyone is having a great day.Sassy,glad to hear your FIL is doing better.:carrot:

Bandmom1011
04-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Friday the 13th has been lucky for me so far--- I GOT THE JOB!!!!!
It's looks scarying the all get out, but I am pretty sure I can learn it. I sent an email to my supervisor and the company quiting a little while ago. I have never met anyone from the company in the 2 1/2 yrs I have been employed with them. All correspondance comes from the internet, which is the reason behind the email.
Anyhow, hope you all are having good days. Sounds like Marissa will be here soon!!!! Just try to relax Mindee and it will be smooth sailing!

PinkSands
04-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Good Friday the 13th Afternoon Ladies:wave:

The snow is gone and it's finally warming up although it's overcast today but the sun is peeking out now and then...I weighed myself this morning and I am down a pound, so I am feeling pretty good today, but my muscles are screamin at me, oh well no pain no loss LOL, I had something nice happen, I was getting dressed and realized I don't have to unbutton or unzip my jeans to get them on or off anymore LOL that hasn't happened in awhile...I have to go out and about today, banking and grocery store, exciting eh? LOL but it gets me out of here for awhile, hope everyone is having a Good Day.

Marti - Congrats on the closing

Sassy - Good to hear your father in law is doing better

Mindee - I bet your ready for it to be over, it's been 21 yrs for me but I still remember how long that last week was, both kids were due on the same day, c sections both times, but my doc had plans that weekend so he made me wait an extra week with my son, I didn't think it was ever gonna end LOL

Jane - The scrapbooking sounds like fun and Great Job on staying OP

Amy - Congrats on the scale moving, I know how you feel mine has been stuck on stupid for over 2 wks but has finally moved again

Jodi - Congrats on getting the job!!

Have a Good One All :broc:

Pink Jane

suetalks
04-13-2007, 03:27 PM
I can't believe I didn't post on here last night. Hmmm. What was I thinking?
Yesterday was another cold day here....I only got in a little under a mile walk. Today I did a little over 2 miles, so I will add 3 miles to my tracker for the 2 day total. Now, if I could just get the food under control agaiin.
Yesterday I went for groceries and to Kohl's. Had lunch with DD at Olive Garden, soup, salad and breadsticks. DD is so busy with her teens, her job and re-doing a 100 year old farm house.
Today I did laundry and sweeping....nothing major.
The sun is shining at least, even though it is only 46 degrees.
I plan to get in a bike ride before dinner. I have to get the scale moving.....
Talked to DS and DD, both from CA. DD and hubby are leaving for a week in Mexico. DS is busy with school and should finish up by Winter. He is already dreading the law exam....:)
BBLater..............

FrouFrou
04-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Hello ladies..

Not much going on. My allergies have me down and I've not done anything today, or yesterday. Hoping it gets better in the next day or so.

MINDEE...maybe little Marissa will be here early. Mine weren't early at all. #1 was a week late, #2 a few days late and #3 right on the money.

JANE...cool about the club.

MARTI...CONGRAT'S on the house! :hat: :congrat: Let me know your new address.

JODI...CONGRAT'S on getting the job! :woohoo: :congrat:

PINKJANE...glad the weather is better. We are getting the icky stuff now. It has been raining all day and then supposed to start snowing late tonight. Weather is weird to say the least.

SUE...I LOVEOlive Garden. Not sure why, but it is my favorite place to eat. Good job on your walking! Keep it up :carrot:

SASSY...has your MIL had her heart checked out? V's mom kept having dizzy spells and ended being her heart. Hope she gets better, and your FIL too!

4AMY...good job on the scales going down. :carrot:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Sorry this is short but I really am not feeling up to long posts. I really hate my head being stopped up. Of course it messes up my walking/exercise because I can't do anything, or rather I don't feel up to do anythig with my head feeling like this. Chat with ya's later.

Bandmom1011
04-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Tammy-misplaced your address so I am sending you a cryptic message that only you will understand- lol I got it today.

FrouFrou
04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Just stopping by with another HI :wave:

Nothing to do and nothing going on but rain, rain, and more rain. Guess I could do some laundry, nah.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. One with NO rain or snow!

Forgot...a BIG :welcome: to you PATRICIA! Glad to have ya here and look forward to getting to know you.

PinkSands
04-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Tales from the Bonehead side;)

OMG what a day...I went to get my Hubby's pay out, he doesn't get an actual check, his pay goes into a comdata account and I use his comdata card to withdraw it, then deposit it in our account, well I used it last Friday and when I was getting everything together today to go out I couldn't find the card, apparently last Friday while it was snowing I left it in the machine, D'OH!!!! well Monday morning the bank got the card and since it isn't a bank card they logged it in and destroyed it, at least I know it's not floating around somewhere, but that left me with no way to get his pay, so I ended up having to go to a truckstop and get a comcheck and then have him call it in then go in to the bank for them to call and get it approved gees, what a mess, they had no idea what to do with a comcheck LOL, well I talked the girl(I don't think anyone working in that bank is over 12) through it, she had to call and get an authorization number for it, well she proceeds to tell me they didn't give her one and went ahead and deposited it, well I inform her that it won't be honored without a number to which she says they didn't give her one, well obviously you didn't do it right I said, then I finally got another teller to try and she got it done correctly, needless to say I don't think they appreciated my visit LOL, so now Hubby has to get a new card sent home for me, he had a good laugh about it at least...it's been a beautiful day other than that LOL we both blamed it on Friday the 13th. Oh I did get my 60 mins on the treadmill in:)

Cristina - I hope the rain let's up soon and your allergies ease up

Pink Jane

suetalks
04-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Sounds like everyone is busy...
I did go out and ride the bike a mile before dinner. So with the walk I felt okay about exercise today. But then I read about the exercise everyone else does...and I feel like I am doing NOTHING. Makes me feel like an old fogey!
:) Well, I guess I am old....LOL.

Have a nice week-end chickies.

Sassy_Chick
04-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Hello ladies..

Not much going on. My allergies have me down and I've not done anything today, or yesterday. Hoping it gets better in the next day or so.

SASSY...has your MIL had her heart checked out? V's mom kept having dizzy spells and ended being her heart. Hope she gets better, and your FIL too!

Sorry this is short but I really am not feeling up to long posts. I really hate my head being stopped up. Of course it messes up my walking/exercise because I can't do anything, or rather I don't feel up to do anythig with my head feeling like this. Chat with ya's later.

Hey Cristina -- Sorry to hear about your allergies. Have you tried Alavert? It is Over-The_Counter and it works great for me. ;)

About MIL I think your right about the heart thing. She already has heart problems and is on medicines for it and high blood pressure too. I'll email you with more details, don't wanna go on and on here.

DH went to drop off a few things to FIL, says he is doing fine, he has been flirting with all the nurses and all the nurses say that they "just adore him" So FIL is definately getting better. lol.

:hug: to all.

Marti
04-14-2007, 02:22 AM
We're full....let's head on over to 247.

See ya there! :wave: