Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #1  

Default Week of Mon. 4/9

Hi everyone--I haven't posted in a long time--happy to see the Sistas are still going strong.

We had sort of a cold snap here so I've continued exercising indoors. It's bright and sunny but not really conducive to outdoor walking.

My daughter's birthday is coming up this weekend, which means lots of visitors (fun but stress) and baking a healthy cake (fun, not really stress). I modified a traditional devil's food cake recipe by using applesauce, ff yogurt, silken tofu and baking cocoa to replace some/all of the butter, sugar, etc. I made it a couple of year's ago for DH's birthday and it was a resounding success.

A good week to all---
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #2  

Hello!

How was everyone's holiday?

Elana-It's great to see you!!! Yep, we're still going...I don't know about strong as there are only a handful of us, but we're still going! Can you pass along that recipe? DD is having a b-day soon and a healthy cake would be fun!

It's been a nice week so far here b/c I don't have tow ork the speech job. But I have had a killer migraine!

Well Got to run!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #3  

Hi, Elana. Good to see you!!!

I haven't been on this week....been sick, had a death of one of my friend's husbands, etc. Hopefully next week will be better!

Misty, sorry to hear about the migraine. I had a doozy on Tuesday.

Enjoy your weekend.
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:52 PM   #4  

Steph, sorry to hear about your friends husband, I will kepp her in my prayers.
I went to weigh in today, lost .8 but that's better than nothing, I was bad all week, had cake every day! We are going to be moving at the beginning of June, and I have a lot of packing to do, cleaning out closets, etc. Need to get stuff sorted to take to Goodwill. We are not going to be renting anymore, are going to be buying a house, so I am excited.
Well, hope ya'll have a good week!!
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #5  

Steph-I am sorry to hear about your friend's husband! I'll pray for her as well. I hope you are feeling better!

Donna-Congrats on moving!! Oh, how I would love to move! I'll be stuck in this dump hole my entire life. We live in DH's great grandmother's house, which is part of my FIL's farm. It needs more work than we'll ever be able to afford, and DH will never move. Good luck on the sorting!!!!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #6  

Thanks, I got one room mostly done, and have started packing away nicknacks and picture from the wall in the living room. I am just doing a little at a time, since it is still like 5-6 weeks before we move, lol.

Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote