Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #1  

Default New and Undecided

Hi--My name is Jenn. I was here last year when I signed up for LAWL. Needless to say I'm back and in worse shape.

I am looking to going back to WW but am undecided whether to sign up for Weekly Meetings or doing it online. I would love to hear your experiences and/or opinions. thanks!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #2  
The last 10

S/C/G: 200/140/130

Height: 5'8"

I prefer going to the meetings in person. I can have my friends there to keep watch on me and my progress, I love the way everyone cheers you on when you do lose weight. The computer is impersonal, doesn't keep track unless I am honest, and doesn't hold me accountable. I can't do this myself. I need someone to keep watch on me....
Old 04-08-2007, 11:18 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

While I love it here, I must agree with Currydi. I need the meetings with the leaders and people. My DH is so proud of me, but he just doesn't get it the way other WW members do. And even though it's silly, I need those 5 pound stickers and the applause for a job well done. I also don't own a scale. I don't want to own a scale, but I do want to keep track of progress. Having to go to the meetings to weigh in keeps me informed and on track without allowing me to become obsessed with what the scale says. In addition, the ideas, support and commraderie gained by going to the meetings is priceless.

Now, back to your original question, as you can tell I do attend meetings, but I do not pay weekly, I do the monthly pass. I LOVE it. There are no excuses for not going, as the meetings have already been paid for. This helps me also because I get paid only once a month, and sometimes on that last Saturday before payday I might be tempted to save that $12, but I don't have to choose now because again, it's already paid for. Good luck with your decision!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #4  

Ditto, I need the meetings, I need the support from the other members. I learn as much from their comments as I do the instructor's. We share recipes, food finds, success', etc... everything you want kept private remains private though....it works if followed...I am proof!

Highest weight 209
Today's weight 153
Height still 5'7"
Lifetime member since 2003
Old 04-12-2007, 02:14 AM   #5  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I also do the meetings. I love the ideas you get from other people. I also live for the 5 lb stars! It makes my day to add one to my bookmark. I also like the thought of having to WI. It makes me more accountable. I've done an online program before, and I found myself not being totally honest on the WIs. If I gained weight, I would leave it that I had stayed the same. With going to the meetings there's none of that. You can't lie to yourself when someone else does the weighing. It works better for me. But I do know a couple people that prefer the online and have had great success. I think it all depends on you. If your dedicated to either program then you're going to have success. It just depends on if you need the face to face kind of support. I need it!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #6  
Saavy?

S/C/G: 167/158/125

Height: 5'0"

I do it at home, because when I tried meetings the drive and dealing with my kids was too much. I didn't feel like I was getting the support I needed, and after 6 weeks I stopped going. (It might have been the group I was in too, the only person that talked to me was the leader)

I think it depends on how determined you are, and if you can garner your support from online networks like this one. I know that for me, it works, but some people do better when they are held accountable "in the flesh" so to speak.

Good luck whatever you decide!
Closed Thread