Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #23

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #23

Mom2Gaby
04-06-2007, 02:30 PM
"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

:beach: :beach: So, pull up a chair and join us!! :beach: :beach:

Michelle
04-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Okay, I had just posted and when I hit enter, I saw I'm supposed to move it so I'm copying my post from the other thread.

SUSAN...I always liked Valerie, she's just so cute and I love your avatar with the pretty pink background! I had a question for you about contacts. Didn't you say that a few months ago you went and got some new contacts? If so, where did you get them and do you remember how much the whole cost thing was from beginning to end? I'm happy you're getting back on track tomorrow and I'm supporting you all the way!!:hug:

Mom2Gaby
04-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh! Let me be the second to post!! I am slowly getting things done. I want to run away to the beach this weekend, maybe with the older girls. I was rambling on with my counselor the other day and said "what is my problem??? and he said "you are burnt out".....is that it?? so simple. I think I would love to move back to the coast. City traffic has me close to tears. All Gaby wants to do is go through the car wash. awww. the life of a 5 year old. anyway- thinking of lunch, maybe a salad on a warm day like this! The weather is beautiful here in Oregon.

EDIT for Michelle :) hi......I went to Lens Crafters. I think the exam was $120 and I spend $35 a box ( I need 2 because my eyes are different) for 3 months. I need to check with Kaiser though and see if the cost is less. I like the contacts a lot!

RosieKate
04-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Susan - glad you got the p.m. I would love to escape to the beach - especially now as the weather is glorious! However, we just got back from the beach and we have packed weekend.

Cristina - How was Reign Over Me? I like Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle, so I hope it was good

Michelle - I love your new picture - you're so pretty and so are your daughters. I can see the resemblance. I am going to check out your blog.

Hi to Sassy, SusanNYC, Sue, Jules, and everyone else!

Yes - I did, I started another blog. I like to write and wanted to write about weight loss and food issues. It didn't really tie into the knitting blog as neatly as I would have liked. My food issues include trying to feed everyone and still make sure I am getting what I want and need to eat. I also like to eat and want to eat in a way that I still enjoy myself while making progress toward my weight loss goals. So I started Picky Eaters Anonymous (http://www.mspicky.wordpress.com). Please leave comments on the blog if you are so inclined - I'm hoping to get some dialogues going as time goes on. And everyone can be anonymous if so desired!

Mom2Gaby
04-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Katy - I was thinking of my old coastal town. There is a reasonable priced motel behind the tavern. I can take the girl there for 2 nights - always show the babies a good time. lol It would be a nice weekend to go down and Astoria has a wonderful easter Egg hunt! anyway I left a comment on your blog :)

jules1216
04-06-2007, 06:38 PM
SuzyQ==I love Valerie Bertinelli too. She so cute!! Saw Van Halen in concert when I was in high school--5 of us road down in an old orange VW bug with a cooler full of beer--awww the good old days!!

Katy--I was be dark and twisty too--I thought the same thing about the gift that keeps on giving when I read the "her piece" story. Reminded me of when I got a card to go get tested for a vd at the health center--I kept telling my mom that I couldn't have anything because I was a VIRGIN!!! It seems that too of my friends slept with my boyfrined and one of them had something and they assummed that I slpet with him too!! needless to say I broke up with him!!

Michelle--I love my contacts though I don't wear them at work--10 hours on the computer makes my eyes too tired!! Like your new avatar. Your girls are so cute!

Sassy--hey there chickee!!

Susan NYC--no plans for me except staying home!! Good luck with the job search!!

Cristina--thanks for the address notification and easter card--you are so thoughtful!!

Well I lost another pound--hubby being grumpy and motivating me to go to the gym was good right??? Now I just have to figure out how to keep my bitt going now that he is in a better mood!! Went shopping for two more shower gifts--finally got to buy a baby girl outfit!!

Mom2Gaby
04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Jules - When I was with my Ex and losing for the 17 months that it took me to lose over a hundred pounds back in 2000, my ex was horrid. He would sneer at me on the treadmill and say "you doing that again?? You're just going to gain it back"......made me so mad, I walked even faster. Pooh on your hubby and do this for yourself - congrats on the pound!!Summer is coming!! We are going to look amazing!! We may even have to advance to 1st grade - haha.....

Valerie is cute. I read her article in People magazine today and she looks lovely. I think she dresses frumpy though, I think that adds to making her look big. I don't want to go on the JC diet but 1,200 calories plus an exercise program should do it. hmmmm, sounds good. Lets do it!:cheer: :cheer:

FrouFrou
04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Hello ladies...

Back again. Didn't have time to post here the first time but did read. Now I have a few moments before having to start dinner. Why? I don't know since it is just me and dd home.

SusanNYC...hoping things get worked out with the job and all. No plans here for Easter. May go to church but not sure. Will cook a small ham dinner, nothing special though.

KATY...love your new blog! I have been meaning to start a weight loss one but haven't gotten around to it yet. I loved the movie...it was serious, funny and sad. MAde me cry :cry: But I love both Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle as well and they were good together.

MICHELLE...me too! Love your new avatar that is. I do see the resemblance in you and Brittany, also like Alyssa's name...it was a fav and on our baby list for #4. Did you and hubby get all your errands run? WTG again on your work out! :woohoo: Keep on going missy, you are doing GREAT!

SUSAN...I too would love to escape to the beach...can I come? Lol I wish I could...I need a getaway. Are you guys coloring eggs or anything?

HI JULES, SASSY & SUE! :wave:

Did I mention that it snowed yesterday? OMG! Went from 83 Monday down to 43 yesterday and snow! :brr: Not much better today. The snow melted by noon but it is still cold. Think it was supposed to reach 37 not sure if it did. With that wind it was cold.

Nothing special going on with me. Had some errands to run this morning. V's BD is next week and had to get order some balloons and a cake. He is going to take the day off and I am not sure what we will do...something special for him though. Next month is mine and I am getting a tattoo, yippee! I've been wanting one for about a year. I think since last BD. Just decided to wait for some reason. But I am going to get it this year. Anyway...hope everyone had a good Friday! And if you don't get back before Sunday, have a very Happy Easter!
:egg: :easter2: :easter: :easter3: :bunny2: :bunny: :easter2:

Mom2Gaby
04-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Oh Cristina.........I bought Gaby a basket. I don't think I am going to dye eggs though. I am too tired. I bought myself some sleep aid meds and hope to get a good night rest. I hope to go to the beach though!! That would be fun. 75ish here in Oregon!!
I will chim in also Michelle. Your daughters are beautiful :)

FrouFrou
04-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Hiya Susan & Jules! :wave:

SUSAN...forgot to mention your avatar. I always liked Valerie too! I didn't know she was the new spokesperson but while at the store this morning I saw her on the cover of People and had to get it. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but did skim thru.

JULES...YW :easter2: WTG on the pound! :carrot:

Have a good one ladies! :wave:

jules1216
04-06-2007, 07:18 PM
SuzyQ--I like it here in kindergarten--I don't wanna go to 1st grade!!! Hubby can be a royal pain in the butt when he gets in those bad moods. He makes rude comments too--one day he's supportive and the next he is saying all kinds of nasty things about my weight. I have let him sabotage me in the past but I am not gonna let him do it this time!! The beach sounds fun--dd says she wants me to go with her this summer. She also wants to take another cruise next year in June 2008 when she turns 21--I am going too!! It leaves from Baltimore and goes through the Carribbean. I bought a couple little things for dd, ds & his gf.

Cristina--what are you getting--when I lose 25 pounds, I am going to get a lotus flower on my lower back. Then if I get to my goal I want to do another one--I just am not sure what--I love my daughters anklet---it's a rose vine with blue rose buds on it.

Sassy_Chick
04-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Christmas :tree: more than Easter! lol. Snow here, blowing, looks and FEELs like Christmas :brr: instead of Easter! :lol:

Susan -- wish we all could escape to the beach, esp. us people who are recieving snow. lol :beach:

Katy -- Hi ya. :wave: Picky Eaters Anonymous sounds like me! lol.

Jules -- Hello. WTG on the losing a pound! :woohoo:

Cristina -- Its still snowing here. lol. We was just watching American Chopper when we got home this morning. (TiVo'd it) and they had Chris Nunez and Ami James from Miami Ink on there giving Paul Sr. and his GF tattos. What do you want for your tatto? I want a Celtic Cross sometime.........

I hope you all have a Wonderful Easter!

:easter2: :bunny2: :bunny: :easter:

RosieKate
04-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Good morning!

Well, phooey- I have to round up my 6th grade SS students to help run the Easter Egg hunt at 9am and IT IS RAINING. Fortunately, our church has some good indoor space for a backup.

Susan and Sassy- thanks so much for leaving comments on the PEA blog. I responded on the blog..as opposed to email. If you want to keep an eye on comments for any post, you can click on "Comments" at the very bottom of the page and you can subscribe. It is so exciting to get comments..and Sassy - you gave me a great idea for a blog post.

Cristina - oooh - that movie sounds good - I am so pre-menstrual and could use a good weepy movie. Last night I had the house to myself so I drank a beer and watched Jesus Christ Superstar. I hadn't seen it in years and found myself singing along to all the songs. Thanks for reading my blog. I think the PEA blog is going to be a fun one. I have spent so much time trying to get my own eating in shape, all the while trying to feed a family who have such different tastes - surely I am not the only one, right?

Jules - don't let Grouchy Hubby get you down...losing weight is doing such good things to your body! We are all here to cheer you on. You know, he'll be grouchy when you're skinny, too - just about something else.

Michelle - I read your blog - hooray for all the hard work you're doing. I tried to leave a comment, but the big nasty computer gods wouldn't let me - kept saying I wasn't logged in. I tried logging in in both 3FC and wordpress and still no go. Sorry.

Hi to all who are reading this today.

I remember Valerie Bertinelli back in the day. I think she has the same issue I do and that is she is petite, yet has a curvy figure. It is difficult to dress in a way that doesn't come off frumpy, especially if you have an extra 30+ pounds on your frame. It's easier now than it used to be. Jeans were especially difficult - always the too-big waistbands..but if it was going to fit in the hips and butt, that's what happened. It is easier to find petite lengths in 14-16 now. Eddie Bauer.com now has just about all their sizes in petite lengths - finally!

Well - Happy Easter everyone!

My strategy is to stay out of the kids' baskets and fill up on veggies. Decline the offer of massive leftovers from the ILS.

Let's see how it goes, lol!

FrouFrou
04-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Hello ladies:wave:

KATY...I haven't seen Jesus Christ Superstar in years! I love that and the music. No, you are not the only one. My kids when younger would eat what I fixed. I don't know at what point they got picky but they are. Looks like the weather isn't cooperating for Easter this year. It is cold here, really cold but everyone is still scheduled for the Easter egg hunts.

SUSAN...have fun at the beach. I will be thinking of you and the girls. :beach:

JULES...lotus flower will be pretty. I am getting a patchwork heart that has been sewn together with a needle that is a cross. Putting it on my right thigh, on the outside sort of. I have been wanting this since last year. A cruise sounds wonderful right now...I would love to be on the beach in the Carribbean!

SASSY...see above about tattoo, lol. It sounds weird but I like the way it looks. We too are having cold weather. The snow has melted though, well, except for a little next to the neighbors fence. Was supposed to get down to 17 last night and I think it did. I took Ernie potty this morning at 9:30 and man, it felt like 17 then. It probably wouldn't be so bad if the wind wasn't blowing so hard.

HI ya Michelle, Sue & SusanNYC :wave:

Nothing much going on with me this weekend. Just staying around the house and taking it easy.

Getting back on program with my eating, exercise and water drinking. I refuse to gain anymore weight or any that I lost. Had my breakfast and two bottles of water. Once I get off here I am heading off to exercise...going to do the 2 mile WATP video today to get back in the habit of things. Hoping for some good weather next week to head to the park. Anywho...

HAPPY EASTER, LADIES!
:easter2: :easter: :bunny2: :egg: :easter2: :easter: :bunny2: :egg: :easter2:

jules1216
04-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Cristina--I can't wait for it to warm up--I want to start walking our hill of a driveway every morning. The gym must be helping--dh was saying how baggy my jeans looked and then pulled them down over the intertube that is my hips without them being unbuttoned and then looked at me and told me I need tighter pants!!

Katy--you speak the truth--when I was 125 lbs before I had dd he got in those moods too--I have to say I have the Jesus Christ Superstar song stuck in my head!!

Sassy--I have a heart with celtic scrollwork inside that I designed on my right shoulder.

Well I hope everyone is having a great day!!

suetalks
04-07-2007, 11:02 PM
:easter2: Wishing a wonderful Sunday to you all.

It is cold, cold, cold here too. I can't believe it! No walking for me since the wind is blowing. I didn't/won't make my goal this week.

Jules- You are doing great with the exercising. Don't lose your pants in the wrong place. :)

Cristina- Like you I am wanting to start back on WATP. Didn't want to do it on the hardwood floors, so finally got the vcr hooked up in a room with carpet...maybe that will get me going. Sure can't count on the weather....:(

RosieKate- Read your blog and I think you are doing a great job. I have never attempted to do one...and you have TWO. LOL Both are interesting..keep up the good work.

Sassy- Let's just hop in Susan's car and go to the beach with her.....in our minds anyway. Now what was that cabana boys name again? I am ready for a margarita and a slathering of suntan lotion, aren't you?

Susan- Hope you have a good time at the beach....Sassy and I are. LOL...LOL...

jules1216
04-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Sue--I'll try to always wear my belt in public when I wear those pants!! ;)

Happy Easter everyone!!
:easter3: :bunny2: :egg: :easter: :easter2:

Michelle
04-08-2007, 01:55 PM
KATY...Thanks so much for trying to leave a comment on my blog. I asked Suzanne about it, and she said that because of spammers, anyone even wanting to leave a message has to register, not to have a blog, but just for commenting.:hug:

Well I woke up with one of my lingering headaches this morning, but I still managed to get a WATP 1 mile in. When I weighed in yesterday, I have lost 3 pounds this week so I was happy with that. Some days I just get so frustrated though, because you work at things so hard, and you just want the weight off NOW!:devil: I hope all of you have a wonderful Easter!
:easter3: :easter2: :bunny: :bunny2: :egg: :easter:

Michelle
04-08-2007, 01:58 PM
SASSY...I almost forgot, thank you so much for the cute Easter card!! You're such a sweetie and very thoughtful!!!;) :hug:

jules1216
04-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Michelle ma belle--WTG on the WATP video!!!

Sassy--thanks for the cute card!

Hope everyone else is having a happy easter!!

Sassy_Chick
04-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I hope you all had a very Happy & Joyous Easter!

YW for the cards! :D

:easter3: :easter2: :easter: :egg: :bunny: :bunny2:

RosieKate
04-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone had a good Easter. Ours was, as they say, the best of times and the worst of times. On Saturday, my MIL's partner collapsed and died while they were on their way to a family gathering at the beach to celebrate his 70th birthday. He had been in poor health for some time, so it was not unexpected. He was such a great guy, and a wonderful companion to MIL, and we will miss him a whole bunch. My kids adored him, and they are coping with their first big loss. DD is too young to absorb it fully, but DS10 is very sad.

We still enjoyed our Easter. It was comforting to spend the morning at church and experience the feeling of renewal it brought; we were able to say prayers for R and his family. Then we went the the other ILs for the traditional egg hunt and dinner. They decided to forgo candy and toys in the eggs and instead put spare change in them. Brilliant! The kids loved counting out their change....I don't think they even missed the extra candy. I was asked to bring salad, so I made a pear/walnut/bluecheese on baby greens dish that was so good! I ate a little ham and two huge platefuls of the salad. All in all - a good day despite the sadness.

Michelle - I registered so I can comment now. I already have a Wordpress account, so I thought it would work, but 3fc has a version that they totally control, so I did a login for that one, too. Now where's your blog? I couldn't find it :( I want to comment because they are fun to get. It's fun to put a blog out there then realize someone is reading it. Unless of course they are stalkers ...but I don't get those, and I'm certainly not one, so you're safe with me, honey, lol! WTG on the weight loss!

Susan- hope you are having a good time at the beach and hope you are missing out on all this schizo weather. The egg hunt was funny yesterday - are we in ...or are we out...in/out...in/out - lots of grownups jabbering about it, but finally ended up outside --'cause kids don't care if it raining, right?

Sue - thanks for checking out my blogs - I am having fun with them. Until I got so busy with kids, I liked to keep a journal and had since I was a kid. It fell by the wayside after DD was born, but blogging helps me feel like I have that outlet again.

Cristina - TY for leaving a comment...ew brussels sprouts! So, are your kids scarred for life? Heh heh. My mom used to make me eat those and they were always bitter. I hear they can be prepared where they taste good, but I haven't felt that adventurous. So what's up for V's birthday? Tell him Happy Birthday for me!

Hi Jules, Sassy, and Susan NYC---hope you all had a lovely Easter

Michelle
04-09-2007, 01:58 PM
KATY...LOL, sorry I had erased the link, but it's back there now.:dizzy: Thank you for your interest and taking the time!!:hug:

FrouFrou
04-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Hiya ladies :wave:

JULES...:lol: I've got a couple pair of capri's that are like that. I find myself pushing my belly out to hold them up, lol! WTG on the loose pants!

KATY...so sorry to hear about MIL's partner. Hugs to you all :hug: :hug: Glad you guys could still enjoy your Easter. The salad sounds yummy, even though I'm not a fan of blue cheese. Yeah, I was a mean mom, lol. V's BD, hmmm, not sure. We will probably go out to lunch and take in a movie. It's not supposed to be warm so can't do anything outdoors. May go to the art museum, if you want to call it that, lol.

SASSY...thank you sweetie for the card! :thanks:

SUE...I will be doing the WATP 2 mile tomorrow. I am going to alternate the walking at the park and WATP. Tomorrow I will do that since it is supposed to rain. The weather here has not been good for exercise either. I can take the cold somewhat but it's that darn wind.

MICHELLE...WTG on the loss this week! :bravo: :woohoo: Also, WTG on getting your exercise even with the headache! :carrot: I'll have to check out your blog.

I am on :cloud9: talked with Josh this morning for a while. Glad to hear him in better spirits. He is back in _____ after an almost month long mission in the big sand box. Of course things have picked up where he is. I just don't understand it over there...those people don't want to do anything to help themselves so how are we supposed to help? Just thinking out loud. Anyway...I am down a pound. Actually, almost two but can't put fractions on the tickers so...and...I did make it to the park. Didn't go around twice like I wanted. Just did one time which is .75 of a mile. Better than nothing I supposed. Just couldn't take the wind.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! :hug: :hug:

Scuzin
04-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Easter! my roommate and I had fun putting on a holiday dinner. It turned out really well. All those hours on the couch watching the food network finally paid off...but now there are leftovers...lots of leftovers and I'm going nuts balancing 1) Trying to make up for the heavy Easter binge and 2) Waste not.

Michelle - WTG on the lbs down!!!!

Cristina - Congrats on the pound down and glad you got to hear from Josh :)

Hello and hugs to everyone!

FrouFrou
04-10-2007, 03:43 PM
HiyaSusanNYC...thank you! :thanks: Glad you guys had a wonderful Easter dinner.

Hi Sue, Susan, Katy, Jules & Michelle! :wave:

Nothing much going on with me today. Went and picked up V's cake and balloons. He is going to kill me, lol! Went with the Over the Hill theme, lol! Trying to get some laundry done and as soon as I get off this thing I am goin gto jump on the treadmill and get in a walk. The weather here is still not cooperating for my walks at the park, lol. Cold, rainy, blah day. Anywho...just wanted to drop by and say Hi to everyone.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a good day! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
04-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey all,

I just wanted to stop in and say Hi :wave:

YW for the Easter Cards, sorry they were late, I ran out of stamps so I figured, oh well, better late than never! lol.

Our Easter, we worked. So we are going to have our own small, intimate Easter dinner together tomorrow, just DH & me. My in-laws didn't have one this year, but with my fil's health now and he is on a special diet, he can only have 31 ounces of protein a day, plus he is also a diabetic so he can't have a lot of carbs either. So we're just going to have our own small dinner together.

I talked with my mom today, online, she is taking some time off the beginning of May, I told her she is more than welcome to come and stay with us if she wants too. She said she'd like that. So we'll see, I hate planning anything because the weather has been so nuts, you never know, we may have a blizzard or something the 1st of May! *KNOCKING ON WOOD* Cuz I definately don't want that to happen! lol. So lets hope the weather holds out so I can finally see my mom! Its' been about a year! I can't believe its been that long!!!!!! :yikes:

Well guess that is about it. DH is getting or has a cold, luckily we got a lot done last week, so no need to really clean much. I have to do laundry (thrills) but that is about it.

Just got some news: MIL called us, I figured it was something bad if she was calling @ 10 p.m. at night, so I answered DH's cell as he left it in the living room again. (he was in his office) So I didn't want it to go to VM if it was something important, so I answered, seems FIL is really sick, vomiting, etc and she is dizzy so if FIL or both needs to go to the ER, she can't drive, so she wanted to be sure we kept our phone nearby. I said we would, its also a good thing, we work nights, because we will be up all night long, even though this is our night off. So if something happens, we are already up and awake.

Just if you can, please squeeze in some extra prayers for my inlaws. :(

Take Care all!~

:hug:

Michelle
04-10-2007, 10:54 PM
SASSY...Your inlaws are both in my prayers, and I feel so sorry for them both.:( I hope your mom can make it to see you in May, that would be great.:hug:

Thank you ALL for the encouragement on my weightloss, but I've been very down since Easter dinner with the whole thing. I can't believe how one dinner can put 1.5 pounds back on, and I've been unable so far to take it back off yet. I'm thinking of not using the scale for a month, because I'm so obsessed with it. It's really hard when you want the weight off yesterday, and nothing seems to work in your favor.:devil: I've been doing my WATP every day, 2 miles most days with the 2 pound weights, and writing down everything I eat.:p

FrouFrou
04-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Sassy...keeping your in-laws in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Michelle...hugs to you too! :hug: Don't get discouraged. I know that is easier said than done. It could be anything that made you gain. Do you weigh everyday, or once a week? I would sometimes get on the scales two or three times a week and get frustrated. So now I put them out of sight! I weigh once a week, on Monday otherwise I would be crazy. Just try to focus on getting your exercise done and watch what you eat and the weight will come off. And come here when you get discouraged or frustrated.

Hi to everyone else, again! :wave:

Have a busy day ahead tomorrow and won't be on the computer. So, have a wonderful day ladies! Hugs

Sassy_Chick
04-11-2007, 04:30 AM
Thanks all.

Michelle, hang in there girlie and hide that scale! You know you could have someone measure you with a tape measure, that way you will see more results, write down your measurements weekly, not daily. lol. My mom did that for my cousin and me when we were younger and trying to lose weight and were getting frustrated with the scale. Just a thought hon.

I have to say that my appetite has been decreasing! I find that I no longer can physically eat a lot of food anymore! I have been eating small, more frequent meals and I feel 100% better! :D

Also nothing huge or anything, but I've been doing a few stretch exercises that they gave me in my physical therapy way back when I first had my car accident, for my back and I am noticing a difference.

So its nothing big, but baby steps, right? I know I can do this, I just have to remember its not all going to happen over night, although that would be nice if it did! lol.

:hug: to you all and here is some Inspiration for you all:

" Push yourself past your own expectations and those of others. Once you think you have had enough, push a little harder."
Written in 2007 by Nicky C. --- New York

Have a Great Day! :D

Scuzin
04-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Morning!

Sassy - I'm so happy for you :) that's great that your appetite is not out of control and I always hear that its best to eat small meals more frequently durring the day. No wonder you feel better! Keeping the in-laws in my prayers...

Michelle - I would encourage you to put the scale away for a while, it'll drive you crazy if you pull it out more than once a week. I'm sure that pound and a half will come off soon.

Hi Katy, Sue, Jules, Susan, and Cristina!

I have a dear friend coming into town tonight. I am SO excited. Haven't seen her since I moved away and she's never been to NY. its going to be a great weekend. (though probably not healthy :P...I'll try to stay moderate though...)

Michelle
04-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Thank you CRISTINA & SASSY so much for being here for me!:hug: I do have an absession with the scale, and I do weight myself every day, and several times throughout the day, but I only count my weight one time a week, on Saturday mornings. Today I'm finally back down to 235, so it took all these days to get that water weight off of me. I do know that it does make a difference when I drink more water, even though I have to live in the bathroom lol. I try to get in atleast 8 glasses every day, because some days I was only getting 4-5 glasses and that's not enough at all!:p I know the weight didn't come on over night, and it will take time to take off, but it's so hard some days to have patience, and that's a problem with me sometimes, even though I know what the truth is.:o

SASSY...I'm so proud of you for slowly changing your eating and doing your stretches!;) It's amazing how much better you do start feeling, even in just a weeks time. I'm here for you all the time!!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
04-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey all.

MIL called early this morning, DH took FIL to the ER, they were all there all day, they did admit his father.

His mom isn't doing well either as she is having dizzy spells and falling over. DH offered to stay with her, as she is now alone, but she wouldn't let him. So the neighbor is checking in with her.

DH went ahead and called off work for tomorrow night, they were real sympathetic, all they wanted to know was if I was going to be in! :mad:

Anywho that is the latest.

TY all for your kind words and prayers.

Susan -- Thanks. Its baby steps but its making a HUGE difference!

Michelle -- YW. I drink a ton of water and I too live in the bathroom! I get frustrated at times @ how often I have to go. lol. I need to drink more water @ work though, that is my weakness since I work nights, I like to drink soda to help keep awake..........and I hate diet. :p Thanks as I said to Susan, its baby steps, but its a HUGE thing for me to be able to push food AWAY and say, "I'M FULL!"

Hi to everybody! :wave:

Michelle
04-11-2007, 06:22 PM
SCUZIN...I know I need to put the scale away, but I don't know if I can just yet. I will try my hardest to stay away from it though so often.:( Have lots of fun with your friend coming into town!!;)

Michelle
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
SASSY...So sorry to hear about your inlaws. Atleast your FIL is where he needs to be with 24 hour care. I really feel for your MIL, because I have vertigo and have had MANY dizzy spells, and I still say, they are the very WORST thing a person can ever have.:hug: So sorry you still have to go into work w/o DH.

Mom2Gaby
04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
*peep*, *peep* - thought I would say peep. I have been super tired and dragging butt everywhere these last few days. I even left work yesterday and went home for a nap. YAWN......think I am pregnant?? Something dramatic like that. All I need. Impossible, M is fixed. At least he told me he was ARGH....just my luck, huh?? lol anyway- zzzzzzzzzz. tired. Going to get Gabster and go home.,,,,,,and sleep....lol .

RosieKate
04-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone..life is going nuts what with funeral arrangements and family coming, and, and .....

I need a nap!

Michelle - glad the scale is behaving for you. I weigh myself alot, but have to remind myself that it's just information. I know that's hard, tho' . I used to just obsess about it to the point where I chucked the scale and didn't have one for many years. That wasn't good either as my weight crept up anyway and I needed to be more on top of it. So I've had both extremes I guess. You are doing so well!

Sassy - saying prayers for your ILs...hope FIL has improved today.

Hi to everyone else....sorry it's a short one. I blogged a little today and I 've been shopping and cleaning. I'm done for the day!

Later

suetalks
04-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Good evening ladies. Everyone is so busy.....
We had another rainy day, which kept me from getting more than a mile in walking. I am tired of bad weather. I'd rather be in Vegas! (nah, I like being in my new home)
I worked on the landscaping lay-out today and I think if the weather ever co-operates we are ready to start things. My ex neighbor is giving me hostas....which I want under a few trees. One thing less to buy.
Rosie- I am sorry for your loss. I hope things calm down soon and you get some rest.
Sassy- Hoping your in-laws are soon on the mend. Hang in there.
Suzy- Get some rest lady....Preggers...no way!!! (I once dated a guy who said he was "fixed" and later found out he had 6 kids with 3 different women...yikes...didn't get fixed soon enough mister. AND I ran away from that deal!)
Michelle- Good advice about putting the scales away, but I know what you mean. I usually weigh once a week, but if I think I am doing real well I HAVE to weigh every day...and am usually disappointed.
Susan- Have a nice visit with your friend. You have done so well, I think you can have a little bit of a treat...just don't over-do it. :)
Cristina- I forgot to say I also was excited about your call from Josh. I can imagine how much those calls mean to you guys. Hey, keep up the good work walking. I am TRYING also.

Okay...nite nite ladies. Good to see ya'll.

Mom2Gaby
04-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Good Morning!
I am awake.....zzzzzzzzzzz, for now.
Katy- Sorry about the passing of your MIL's friend, very sad. I remember when my grandpa died, hugs to the children.
I use to weigh every day too Michelle - it can drive you nuts. I haven't weighed in months now - course I have gained too.....lol I don't think I can get the nerve to see how much I have gained.
anyway - keeping this short. I feel sick. kind of weezy, like I am going to throw up. ugh.......later.

Sassy_Chick
04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey all, MIL called, said FIL is worse than he was yesterday, now they are thinking its either C-Dif (http://www.cdiffsupport.com/aboutcdiff.html) or Salmonella. A co-worker of mine was nice enough to volunteer to work for me today so I could go to the hospital w/ DH & MIL.

Thanks for all the vibes, prayers, and positive thoughts.

Mom2Gaby
04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I am sorry Sassy, many prayers to your family. What a nice co -worker!

I took 4 Bayers , went to Panda Express for lunch and had a rice crispy for a snack. I feel better, people need a little sugar in their diet. :)
I would love to be working outside Sue! Yard work is so relaxing. SusanNYC - hope your visit is going well with your friend :)

Better get back to work - seem to have more energy when the back pain is gone.

Sassy_Chick
04-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey Everybody, Thanks so much for your prayers and vibes.

I also didn't know until MIL told me that FIL had a 103.4 Fever lastnight! Of course she was totally scared to death about that, so she even contacted her minister and they started a prayer chain for him.

Well we went to see FIL today, his fever is gone, he is now 98.8, a big improvement from 103.4!!!!!! I didn't see him on Wed. So I don't know how bad he looked, but he looked pretty good today, still could tell he didn't feel well, but did look better. Even MIL & DH said he looked 100% better. We are all relieved, although the drs want him to stay a few more days. DH is thinking maybe he'll be released possibly Monday, which would work out because we are off and could go and pick him up and all. I mean even if he gets released earlier when we work, DH can still go and get him.

We took MIL to the store since she has been having Dizzy Spells, she doesn't like to drive and we honestly don't want her too, so we took her and she took us out to eat. (I totally stuffed myself--ugh!) But DH had an awesome spring green salad with his meal that was awesome! ;)

FIL wanted some books and his electric razor so DH is gonna run it over on his lunch tomorrow (Friday) so MIL doesn't have to worry about driving or anything like that.

So anywho, that is the latest. They still are not completely sure what exactly it is, they are still testing him.

FrouFrou
04-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Just a quick hi ladies. Not feeling so great and really not feeling like a long post. Stinking allergies have gotten the best of me.

Sassy...keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. Yours too KATY!

Chat with you ladies soon.

Have a good weekend :wave:

RosieKate
04-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers. Life is chuggin along here.

The funeral - full military and 21 gun salute- will be Monday. Yesterday MIL came over for dinner and we had a wierd, yet funny moment. We receive a weekly delivery of organic produce and yesterday, it arrived as we were finishing up dinner. My DD started sorting all the produce ( her new job) and took out a paper bag and said, "Look, Grandma - mushrooms!" MIL looked in the bag and started laughing. There was a big, beautiful portobello mushroom.

She and R had been on a trip with some friends of theirs not too long ago to celebrate their 40th anniversary. The conversation turned toward "what do you what at your funeral" type talk (!). MIL said she wanted to have her loved ones plant daffodils in her honor when she passes. When asked what he would like planted in his honor at his passing, R said, "Portobello mushrooms" So we all had a good laugh at that.

Cristina - thank you so much for the card..it arrived yesterda as Mil came over for some family time and we all appreciated your thoughts and prayers. I know this is late, but I am so glad that you go t to alk to Josh - what a great gift for a military mom.

Sassy - hope your FILs condition continues to improve..and that your MIL's dizzy spells stop - I'm so glad you are not letting her drive.

Hi to everyone. What a crazy week. Now, we are kicking back and watching Battlestar Galactica (again) We ahve to finish it soon, it has to go back to the library. Anyway, I think we are about to switch allegiances to Doctor Who. PBS has started broadcasting the new BBC version.. and we here at Chez Nerd can't resist.

Have a great weekend!

FrouFrou
04-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

Nothing much going on. Getting some laundry and cleaning done today. Pretty boring day. Did run to Michaels this morning and pick up a couple of things and then met V for lunch at work. Still not feeling good enough to get any walking in but plan on getting back to it Monday. Feeling better but not great.

This weather has been so weird. Rained all day yesterday until about 7 p.m. when the snow started. It came down hard and fast. But not really enough to stick around and make a mess, not here anyway. Out west they got lots...I think once place it was 14 inches!

KATY...cute story, mushrooms, eh? YW for the card. Hope MIL is well, considering.

SASSY...hope all is well with your in-laws.

SUSAN...hope you are feeling better.

MICHELLE...how are you doing? Did you put those scales away?

SusanNYC...what's up with you? Getting any running in?

SUE...I too am tired of this crappy weather. For goodnes sake...it's the middle of April! Okay, so it's supposed to rain...April showers bring May flowers and all that. But I am tired of it. Don't remember getting this much rain last year. And the snow? UGH! Hows the landscaping lay-out coming along?

JULES...what's up with you Missy?

Well, guess I'll be going. Chat with you ladies Monday. Tomorrow V and I are going to the storage unit and weed thru some of that stuff. We have three months before the bill is due again and plan to have it all out by then. I still have no clue where all my shoes are, lol. Haven't found my cookbooks either, lol. It's in there somewhere.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
04-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Cristina - Did you send me an Easter card?? You probably did. I haven't checked my mail in weeks, too tired. IF you did though - thank you!! :)

hmmm, a fast post because I am at the library.

I went into the doctors yesterday. We did many test; chest xray, blood test, ultrasound (because the doctor thought I had a blood clot) and a cat scan.

Found out I was extremely anemic. Doctor said normal range is 16 and I was a 6. So, I was given a blood transfusion last night. M was in town and he came to sit with me until midnight,took 6 hours. I got home and slept until 2pm, felt good.Still tired though.

No blood clot but they did see in the cat scan that I have damage to the escphagus, a weakness. There is some mass in there that they will go in on MOnday with one of those little camera thingies and look around. They think in that it is undigested food caught in the deflation.........lol , something like that.

I was reading off the net and in my amature opinion is is due to the years of being bulimic. I have been bulimic at least 10 years of my life. See, I would rather be chubby like I am now and not throwing up than being insane with my weight. Pulling the scale out several times a day and thinking about my next binge. I feel more healthy now......

So, I can't eat until the test. SOOOOOOO hungry. I think I will go clean my room and just realx for the weekend. I took Monday/Tuesday off from work.

anyway - I will try and catch up with you all later :)

Sassy_Chick
04-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey all.

Its a Rainy & Cold dreary day here. Makes you just want to stay in bed. I know i wanted too. lol. But alas work won't do itself!

Thanks all for your kind words, no new news yet. FIL didn't sleep well lastnight so he requested no visitors today.

Big :hug: Mom2Gaby, I hope everything turns out ok!

Michelle
04-14-2007, 10:15 PM
CRISTINA...No I didn't put the scale away, but I'm trying not to get on it so many times every day. I hope you're starting to feel better. My younger DD has been very sick with a cold and couldn't go to school yesterday. She is one that never misses school so she had to be extremely sick to not go.:(

SASSY...So sorry about your FIL and MIL. They are both still in my prayers. We have been having down pours of rain and hail for the past couple of hours.:hug:

SUSAN...I will include you in my prayers also. Your level was way too low and that's the same exact thing that happened to my cousin's little girl, but she was only 2. Please keep us posted on everything.:hug:

Well I got the paperwork in the mail yesterday from my lab work last week. My cholesterol has been very high for many years, even one point it was up to 289. Two years ago it was 239 and last year it was down to 214, and this time it's down to 179! I guess from eating either oatmeal or cheerios every single morning for the last couple of years has really helped to lower it and I guess what they say is true. I have never been that low, even after having my youngest DD and being lots thinner!:D I did lose 3 pounds this week, and today makes two weeks since restarting my plan, and I've lost 6 pounds so far. I've exercised every day of the two weeks also, and sometimes a second time in the evening. I'm determined this time, no matter what, that I will get this weight off once and for all!!!:devil:

Sassy_Chick
04-15-2007, 01:25 AM
CRISTINA...No I didn't put the scale away, but I'm trying not to get on it so many times every day. I hope you're starting to feel better. My younger DD has been very sick with a cold and couldn't go to school yesterday. She is one that never misses school so she had to be extremely sick to not go.:(

SASSY...So sorry about your FIL and MIL. They are both still in my prayers. We have been having down pours of rain and hail for the past couple of hours.:hug:

SUSAN...I will include you in my prayers also. Your level was way too low and that's the same exact thing that happened to my cousin's little girl, but she was only 2. Please keep us posted on everything.:hug:

Well I got the paperwork in the mail yesterday from my lab work last week. My cholesterol has been very high for many years, even one point it was up to 289. Two years ago it was 239 and last year it was down to 214, and this time it's down to 179! I guess from eating either oatmeal or cheerios every single morning for the last couple of years has really helped to lower it and I guess what they say is true. I have never been that low, even after having my youngest DD and being lots thinner!:D I did lose 3 pounds this week, and today makes two weeks since restarting my plan, and I've lost 6 pounds so far. I've exercised every day of the two weeks also, and sometimes a second time in the evening. I'm determined this time, no matter what, that I will get this weight off once and for all!!!:devil:

Hey Michelle -- Glad you aren't letting the scale "control" ya. ;) Thanks for the prayers, they are very much appreciated. Good Job on the Cholesterol! I know what you mean. I've always had high Cholesterol since I was a teenager! Another thing that lowers it is Fish Oil Pills. I know they sound gross, but you can't taste anything, but they do wonders for your Cholesterol, among other things too.

WTG on the 3 pounds! :woohoo: Good Job on the exercising! You are doing great girl! ;)

jules1216
04-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Lunchtime--WW dinner and salad and water...mmmm....actually it is good--not just being sarcastic!!

Michelle---wtg on the weightloss and the lowering of the cholesteral!!

SuzyQ--no wonder you have been so tired. I am borderline anemic and when I drop, I am tired no matter how long I sleep and I bruise super easy. Take care of yourself and keep us posted!!

Cristina--good luck with finding your shoes and cookbooks!! Hope you are feeling better. The weather has been weird here too. Flash-flooding and really high winds.

Katy--that's a neat story about the portabello mushroom---Gods little ways of smiling down on us and letting us know he cares. My coworkers companion just passed away and he was a wwII veteran that was in 5 major battles--she said the military honor was very emotional. Hugs to your MIL!!

Sassy--hugs to you and your family!!

Scuzin--how was your fun weekend with your friend????

Gotta get back to work!!

Scuzin
04-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi!
Just a quick Hello. Had a great weekend with my friend. We did EVERYTHING! and slurged along the way. Loved it. No running...too busy and now too wet. now I need to settle back into the old routine...ugh. Sadness

hope you ladies are well! Check in later

FrouFrou
04-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

SUSAN...no wonder you were so tired missy! I am glad you went to the doctor and they found out what was up. Thinking about you today and hoping the test goes well. And yes I did send you an Easter card, and a late BD card right after we moved. I had it already to send early so I wouldn't forget. Then come moving day everything that was on the coffee table went in a bag, doh! You take care of yourself.

JULES...found one box of some shoes, the shoes I was looking for...all my sandals and thongs. Still looking for the kitchen stuff. When V starting putting stuff in storage he just threw (not literally) things in there, no organization at all so it is probably behind all the garage stuff, lol. He wants to get the garage more organized with shelves built and such before bringing that stuff out of there so he can organize as he brings it. We brought two loads of stuff yesterday and about 10 more trips to go, lol!

SASSY...still thinking of you and your in-laws. :hug:

MICHELLE...ha! see, all your hard work is paying off! :woohoo: :bravo: to your loss this week! :carrot: Proud of you missy! Also, great about your cholesterol! Hope DD gets to feeling better.

SusanNYC...glad you guys had a nice time!

Hiya KATY & SUE! :wave:

Had to run to the post office this morning and mail some packages to the sand box, lol. Bought Josh an iPod for his BD but they had to go out on that mission and he said to hold off on sending it. So mailed that this morning along with 20 soldier "Salute" beanie bears. I bought out two Hallmarks, lol. Anyway, even though it is supposed to rain tomorrow, again. I did go ahead and get my car washed. Don't plan on going anywhere tomorrow anyway so...

As far as WI goes...I am up 2 pounds, ugh! But it's okay and I expected it the way we have eaten this past week. Started the night before V's bd and just got worse, sort of. The food was good, lol but not wise choices at all. So, back on the ole horse again with WW and my walking. Allergies are all but gone so feeling good and up to walking again.

Better get going...want to get something done around here. Did some on Josh's room yesterday and then got sidetracked. Will finish that today and work on the family room the rest of the week. Looking at that storage unit really made me think about all the "stuff" I hold onto, it's ridiculous. We are going to be having a yard sale very soon. I am going thru this stuff as we empty boxes and getting rid of anything and everything I will not use. Really can't believe all the stuff we have. Anywho...

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day!:hug: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
04-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Hey all.

Just wanted to pass along some good news: FIL is home today! :D

Nothing much going on.

Take Care all!

RosieKate
04-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Good morning, all!

Yesterday was R's funeral. I has planned to work in Leigh's preschool, then she and I would go to the funeral home and meet up with everyone. Well, she started sniffling and coughing, and after PS she was rung out. I decided to keep her at home until the reception, so we missed the funeral and the military burial. It was a cold rainy day, so it was for the best. DH and DS went for the whole thing and said it was lovely. I brought DD to the reception and then had a bunch of family over to our house afterward. We laughed and shared lots of memories...so I felt I was able to bid R farewell in my own way. I'm afraid I fell off the wagon a bit...drank several glasses of wine then ate a bunch of pepperoni pizza. Haven't done that in awhile. I thought it must be a grief reposnse..then I started TOM right before I went to bed - OH that's it!

I rarely go outside of BIK 'round here on 3FC, but I did check out the Whole Foods area and liked it. I guess that's a pretty good descriptor of our family's eating style for the most part.

Susan - I'm so glad you went to a doc and got a diagnosis. That means you should be feeling better soon, right?...I sure hope so

Sassy- So glad FIL is home - what a relief

Michelle - WTG on your loss and your cholestrol news!

Hi Jules, Susan NYC, Cristina and Sue. I need to go check email, then pack DS a lunch - he is off to a camping overnight with the classmates - so exciting. DH has taken time off through Friday to help his mom and work on our retaining wall, so I hope to have some more time to post this week.

FrouFrou
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Hello Chickies,

What a morning! Was up bright and early to run some errands. Now I know why so many people get mad when going to Lowes, ugh! I didn't get mad, just a little annoyed. Went to get some red paint for V to start the painting. I gave the paper/color to the guy and walked away to get curtain rods thinking when I returned that the paint would be ready like it normally is. I get back, no paint. And I spent about 30 minutes getting curtain rods, lots of curtain rods. There's two guys helping the woman that came up behind me the first time there. Then one finally asks me if I need help. The guy that took the paint chip from me apparently saw that they didn't have the paint I wanted so just walked away to do other things. This manager helped and told me they didn't have a gallon of the paint I wanted but could he give me four qts. for the price of a gallon...sure, whatever. But I spent a little over a hour there because the kid that took my chip walked away. Anyway...stood there longer than I should have but finally got out of there. I had too much running around to do to be spending that much time there. Needless to say it was nice to get home and finally sit down. I will be glad when this is all over and we are completely settled in the house. Anyway...

KATY...hope Leigh is better today. I'm sure the pizza and wine were part of the grief you are going thru. Plus to top it off a visit from TOM...would make anyone want to drink and eat.

SUSAN...how did the drs. appt. go yesterday? It was yesterday right? I think I read your post right??? Who knows...my head has been elsewhere lately.

SASSY...woohoo! Glad FIL is home and I hope he is feeling well.

Hi MICHELLE, SUE, JULES & SusanNYC! :wave:

Went to WW yesterday and their scales said I was only up a pound so not going to change my ticker until next WI. V had a worse week...he was up 4 pounds, yikes! Didn't think he had that bad of a week but he will have that off faster than I will get a pound off, lol.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a nice day. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
04-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Take 60 seconds to do this, I guarantee you will show someone else, it's too funny not to.

1. go to www.google.com
2. click on "maps"
3. click on "get directions"
4. type "New York" in the first box (the "from" box)
5. type "London" in the second box (the "to" box)
6. scroll down to step #23 on the list of directions on the left panel

I am VERY amused....hehe!

Sassy_Chick
04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks all. :hug:

Yes FIL is home and feeling better and so is MIL. They never did figure out what he had, but they did say it was viral, so now we could all get it and infact, FIL thinks that is what DH has, at least the very beginning stages. So I told DH to call the Dr. in the morning, just to be safe. We have had a flu outbreak at work too, so it could be that, but I don't wanna risk it.

My mom is requesting off May 21st - 27th (she's coming up to visit us), so I told hub, we could request off the 24th & 25th of May (Thursday & Friday) and that would give us a week off. (our scheduled nights off are Monday - Wed). I already emailled my counter-part who works on my nights off, as he just got laid off on his other job he was also working, so he wants overtime. I figure it would be lots easier to get off if I already have coverage, so we'll see.

Our weather is nice again, for how long, who knows? But I am glad, as for once my back isn't killing me!

Well take care all.

Mom2Gaby
04-18-2007, 03:46 PM
I just have a second at the library. I haven't been at work all week, though I will go back tomorrow.
I had the endoscopy yesterday. My esophagus has severe imflammation and thickening. I guess enough for it to be bleeding and causing the anemia. They took biopsies and I should know it a few days about the result.
My body screams for more blood!! I am still tired.
I also have 4 gallstones........which causes the back/chest pains and shortness of breath.
I did manage to get my taxes done yesterday and pick up my mail. Thanks for all the cards Cristina!! :)
Chat soon!

jules1216
04-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Just a quickie...
My niece still hasn't had her baby, I thought her due date was last week but it is actually tomorrow. Her baby is head down but facing the wrong way and they will have to "turn" him if he doesn't do it on his own. A couple of people have said that it is painful when they do it. My SIL said that she had 20 minutes of the braxton hicks and it was almost too much for her. Hopefully she will have a very short labor and delivery. My co worker who was due the beginning of next month had her baby boy, 6 lbs and 3 oz named Blake. My friend Becky is due May 4th with her 3rd and she is ready now she says. It's her third and the daddy's 1st at 45. I have been friends with him since I was around 12 and I just love her. I think he will have a harder time than her during the labor part. Hubby and I have been still having trouble. I finally made him start taking my anxiety pills and they are beginning to help.

well hopefully I can stay caught up from this point!!

SuzyQ--girly I am really worried about your health--hugs to you!!

RosieKate
04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi all
Susan - Hope you get some relief soon- none of this sounds like fun :( but if it leads to a diagnosis and a good treatment, then it will be worth it.

Jules - glad to hear things are getting better with the DH. Better living through chemistry, eh? I say "Whatever gets the job done!" Hope your niece has an easy labor....

Sassy - That is too cute....

Cristina - ugh - how frustrating...glad you made it out of Lowe's in one piece. My DH practically lives at Home Depot - in fact, he's there right now, lol!

Hope everyone else had a good day... Ciao for now!

FrouFrou
04-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...YW for the cards! Glad you finally got them, lol. Hopefully, they will have a diagnosis soon. So what will they do about the gallstones? Are you going to have your gallbladder taken out? Sorry you have been going thru all this...I've had gallstones and I know it is no fun, ouch. Had my gallbladder taken out years ago and it has been so much better. The surgery is a piece of cake! You have been thru a lot missy. :hug: WOW, talk about last minute, silly woman. Glad you've had time off from work though, you need a break. Take care of yourself. :hug:

JULES...sorry DH is being a bear still. Glad the pills seem to be working on him. :hug: :hug: I didn't know so many were having babies, yikes! Must be the water, lol. Hope everything goes well with your niece's birth. I like the name Blake...a friend has a son named Blake Alexander...like the flow of it. You take care of yourself too missy. I know how hard you work. :hug:

SASSY... glad FIL is home and how is he doing? And MIL too, how is she doing? There really is no place like home. Glad you managed to get at least Thursday off. Do you guys have anything fun planned while your mom is there? I am going to be heading to AR sometime soon to visit my dad. He's not doing so well. Just hate the drive down there. I don't travel well in my old age, lol!

KATY...we hear all kinds of stuff about Lowes all the time, know a guy that works there, actually a few guys. Everyone when they get mad says "Guess I'll head to The Home Depot, they have it" lol. They need a Home Depot closer here, I actually like them better. And it is easy to practically live there when doing work on your home, lol.

MICHELLE...what's up with you missy? How are you doing with your WATP? I've come up with a new meaning for WATP besides Walking Away the Pounds...Walking At the Park, lol. I'm a goofball, what can I say, lol.

SusanNYC...how are you doing girlie? Have you been able to get out and jog?

Nothing much going on with me. V started the painting yesterday. We started the kitchen with a dark red. He didn't finish. It took so long taping. So he has a second coat to do on the on eside and get behind the fridge and the plant shelf in the living room that connects to that main kitchen wall. I am liking it a lot though. It looks good with the white blinds and all the sunlight coming thru. Now to get the curtains/valances. They are supposed to be in anyday. Of course the valances were back ordered. Anyway, sticking around the house getting thigns done, mainly laundry. Some day I despise dirty clothes, lol.

Have a good day ladies!

Sassy_Chick
04-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Don't have a lot of time right now, but just wanted to offer some :hug: to everybody. Will "chat" w/ ya later! ;)

Mom2Gaby
04-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Good Afternoon.
I had a #6 from Taco Time and a 3 muskateers from the vending machine for lunch. I had honeydew slices for breakfast. I am sure I will eat something for dinner- lol......maybe veggies.
Isn't it horrible about my mail?? What a sorry butt I am. Just chugging in slow motion. Though one resident came in the office and said she still has to open her xmas gifts.
I do have energy today and I slept well. I need to call the doctor about the gallstones, and what we are doing, if anything about it. Sweet M came up from his home and visited. I thought that was nice, he also brought flowers and chocolate. He has to work every weekend until June - he is taking a class for his work.

Cristina - it is true- preparing for paint is the most time consuming. I bet your place looks great without the paint job :) You are so lucky!!

Better get to work , just wanted to say hello!!

Sassy_Chick
04-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY... glad FIL is home and how is he doing? And MIL too, how is she doing? There really is no place like home. Glad you managed to get at least Thursday off. Do you guys have anything fun planned while your mom is there? I am going to be heading to AR sometime soon to visit my dad. He's not doing so well. Just hate the drive down there. I don't travel well in my old age, lol!

Nothing much going on with me. V started the painting yesterday. We started the kitchen with a dark red. He didn't finish. It took so long taping. So he has a second coat to do on the on eside and get behind the fridge and the plant shelf in the living room that connects to that main kitchen wall. I am liking it a lot though. It looks good with the white blinds and all the sunlight coming thru. Now to get the curtains/valances. They are supposed to be in anyday. Of course the valances were back ordered. Anyway, sticking around the house getting thigns done, mainly laundry. Some day I despise dirty clothes, lol.

Have a good day ladies!

FIL is doing good and so is MIL, although I still think she is losing it. :dizzy: She called up DH right when we began working just to chat about FIL (he's fine) and the grocery store? DH said she was just rambling away, she knows we start work at 6 p.m. I figured she miss dialed and thought she was calling someone else. lol.

Don't have anything planned. My mom is a kind of a "spur of the moment" type person so we'll probably just see how the weather is then, etc.

Glad the painting is going well. I agree, sometimes I just depise dirty laundry. I was grumblilng early this morning before I went to bed, having to throw in a load so we'd have clothes for work tonight. DH is like, "Whats wrong?" I'm like I'm grumpy! :mad: lol. I think we all just need to be grouchy from time to time! lol.

I had Qdoba today, again. DH says I'm going to turn into that place! lol. But its so good and its not quite as bad as eating McYuckies or Burger Krap. lol Plus they make it fresh right there in front of ya, kind of a Mexican version of a Subway, except with burritos, quesadillas, etc......I usually get the "Naked Burrito" a burrito without the tortilla. Today I got the Steak Queso Burrito. I know that probably had like 10 million calories in it, but it was so good and I didn't eat it all, so maybe only like 5 million? lol. I need to go to Qdoba's Anonymous. lol. I really need a life! :lol:

Anywho, I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!

jules1216
04-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Had a nice long post at work and even though I was logged in it wouldn't take it--so aggravating!!

My niece will be induced on the 30th though she is hoping little Blake or Blair will come on his own.

Sassy--I tried to talk DH into going to our mexican place--I love their chicken chimichangas, but he didn't want to. He seems to be getting a little less grumpy thanks to my anxiety meds.

SuzyQ--M is so sweet. I hope the doctors can get you feeling better fast!!

Cristina--It's funny that my coworker named her son Blake and now my niece may pick the same name. Makes me think of Blake Carrington from Dynasty.

Katy--I sure hope she has a fast and easy with no complications. The babies father is being a real jerk. He has a really bad temper, but she gives it to him. They got into a fight at the amll about 30 minutes from where they live and she got a security guard to make him get out of her car and she left him there. She's debating the last name thing right now, I think she is going to put him down as the father but give the baby her last name.

SusanNYC--we might finally get some sun and warmer weather--you just might be able to start jogging again.

Michelle--hope everything is alright with you!!

well I am off to bed girls!!

Sassy_Chick
04-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Hey Jules. Well maybe your DH will want mexican another day.......My DH is getting tired of it! lol. Glad he is less grumpy.

Sweet Dreams!~

jules1216
04-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Sassy--I am glad he is less grumpy too or I would have had to start back on my anxiety meds!!

jules1216
04-20-2007, 03:39 PM
I lost another 3.5 pounds!!!

Sassy_Chick
04-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey all,

Today I woke up feeling sick and had the dry heaves :barf:, I guess because there was nothing in my tummy. After I got to work I felt better. We went through Burger Krap and I wanted a GRILLED chicken sandwich, what did they give me? A FRIED chicken sandwich! So I tried to eat a few bites of it, but just couldn't. I threw most of it away. I did do a survey and gave them an awful rating.

FIL is sick, again. Has a high temperature, 102 & bad adominal cramps, he's still at home. He is going for a cat scan tomorrow, we stopped by the hospital and got the prep stuff he needs and will drop it off after work, in the morning. I hope they can figure out what is wrong with him at least. Its one thing to be sick, but another to not even know what is wrong with you. They are "Thinking" it could possibly be pancreatitis, which he's had several several times or an internal abcess, but again they aren't sure. Also his insurance didn't want to pay for his last two days in the hospital, but I think his dr. finally got it straightened out.

I called and told my mom about FIL and she said she has been having abdominal cramping (off and on) too. So not sure what that is. She said its not too bad right now, but if it gets worse she needs to go the dr. MIL still has not been to the dr, I think she is still too worried about FIL yet.

Then I got to work and my work computer died! I have another computer now, have to re-install and set up everything, UGH!!!!!!! Lost EVERYTHING, except stuff in my email. They are going to try to recover it, but if they can't, oh well.........

OYE what a Day/Night/Whatever!

Hope your all's Friday is going better!

WTG JULES! :cheer2:

Michelle
04-21-2007, 11:00 AM
JULES...:congrat: with being 3.5 pounds down!!!:woohoo:

I haven't been doing much lately, but just not happy with a few things on some threads lately, so not really feeling like posting much, sorry. I have still been sticking to my calorie counting, and WATP every single day, and I'm happy to say I'm down 4 pounds this week, the 2 pounds I had gained back and then 2 additional pounds. I hope and pray that I NEVER see the 230s again!:devil: It seems I've struggled and been in the 230s for SO long! Don't know for sure what's going on today. We may go to Costco since we need a few things, stop at Target and probably go out to lunch, but I will be careful on my choice.:p

Sassy_Chick
04-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey all,

How are you all doing? I hope well. FIL is back in the hospital, they admitted him today. :( I am still feeling quite lousy. :barf:

WTG Michelle! :woohoo: and no worries, we all understand hon, post whenever you feel like it. :hug:

I hope you all are out enjoying your Saturday. Its absolutely gorgeous here. Too bad I'm stuck here at work! lol.

Michelle
04-21-2007, 07:33 PM
SASSY...Thank you, you're such a sweetheart!!:hug: I pray that FIL gets well soon and that they find out what's wrong with him. Hope also that you start feeling better and that your work goes quickly tonight.:hug:

Sassy_Chick
04-21-2007, 10:05 PM
YW and TY. I guess they didn't end up admitting him, but he is very sick. I can't beleive they sent him home!

BTW love your avatar! ;)

jules1216
04-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Just a quick post to say hi all!!

RosieKate
04-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Right back at ya, jules!:)

Just popping in to say hi as well.

Has been a crazy week! Just when I thought things calmed down today, DS up and gets pinkeye :( poor baby

I lost a pound this week...yay

Hope everyone is doing well...I'm running off to change my ticker

Sassy_Chick
04-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Happy Monday Everybody!

How was your weekend? Mine? Well as good as it can be working. lol. We are getting OT, working over this morning. A co worker's brother died, so we decided to stay over, the new guy volunteered to come in early, but Monday Mornings can be quite busy, so we decided we'd stay and help out.

They FINALLY found out what was wrong with my FIL (he's been in and out of the hospital). Turns out it is Pancreatitis, he gets it quite often as he is a diabetic and also has Hepatitis C. So they now have him on meds so hopefully he will get better soon.

As for me I've been having pain in my side, nausea, etc, etc. So I do have a drs. appt. today @ 1:15 PM but since we are working over, I left a message asking if it was at all possible to get in earlier than that since we are working late, it would be easier just to stay up.

Guess that is about all from my end.

Have a Great Day! :D

jules1216
04-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Katie--when I was little I used to get pink eye due to allergies-not fun

Sassy--if the pain gets worse go to the ER, those are the same symptoms my DD had when we took her in with the kidney stone and infection last month.

Well I really have to get my coffee!!

FrouFrou
04-23-2007, 01:44 PM
KATY...good job on the pound gone! :carrot: Hope DS gets to feeling better soon.

MICHELLE...WTG on the 4 pounds! :woohoo: Hope you get to feeling better about posting soon. :hug:

SUSAN...M IS a sweetie! Did you find out anything about what the doc wants to do about the gallstones?

JULES...WTG on the 3 pounds! :carrot:

SASSY...glad they finally found out what is wrong with FIL. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. And...I hope you find out something from the doc.

Nothing much going on with me. Doing laundry today and moving things so V can paint the living room when he gets home.

Back on track with my exercising and such. Today was WI and I am happy. No gain or loss so all is good.

Take care ladies and have a good day.

Sassy_Chick
04-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Went to the dr, he thinks its my gallbladder, again. I've been dealing with this since I was 16 yrs old and I'm tired of it.

Also had to battle w/ the insurance to get my prescription, but our dr battled for me and won, I got my prescription.

Guess that is about all. I am not in a good mood at all, after working 13 hrs and we were still awake at 10:30 am after getting off work at 7 am this morning, I was very very frustrated........:bomb:

Have a Good One.

:dunno:

FrouFrou
04-23-2007, 10:45 PM
SASSY...is the doc going to do something to find out for sure if it is gallstones? And is he going to do something so the pain will be gone for good? Sorry you are in this pain sweetie. Lots of hugs to you :hug: :hug: Try and get some rest soon.

HI to everyone else. :wave:

Nothing on tv so thought I would jump on the puter for a few mintues. Supposed to get some bad thunderstorms later on, ugh. I hate them. I never sleep good with all that thunder. When it is really loud it reminds me of the earthquakes in CA and I want to jump out of bed and run. I've actually have done that before and realized this is tornado alley not land of the earthquakes, lol.

Chat with ya's soon. Take care ladies.

Nighty, night!

FrouFrou
04-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi ladies...

Nothing much going on. Spent the morning cleaning house...I love a clean house!

Just checking in. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Chat with ya soon. :wave:

Sassy_Chick
04-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Hey Ladies.

We went to the in-laws today, DH needed to do a few things for his dad. His dad is ok, still sore and not feeling 100% and still on a bland diet. He goes to the dr on Friday.

Crisitina -- my dr wants me to have an ultra sound to check for gallstones. If I had a $1 every time I had an ultra sound for my gallbladder, well I'd be a rich lady! So lets hope that this time it shows something!!!! I told my dr, I hope they do find stones, I am tired of all these problems! He did say though, that even if there weren't any stones, they may take it out anyways, since I've had such problems.

I dunno, all I know is I want the pain to go away! Only good thing about it is it forces me to not over-eat and to eat healthier.

Anyways enough whining from me.......lol.

How are you all doing? I hope well. It was absolutely gorgeous today and yes we got to enjoy some of it. :) Even though DH was doing work for his dad......

I had to come home and strip our bed. Our dear cat decided to puke all over it, lovely. I was like of all the places to puke, why our bed? lol. So I just decided to go on ahead and do it all. I was like, "I guess this is your way of saying you want the bed linens cleaned??" lol. Our apt. really belongs our cat, we just live here, clean it, and pay the bills. lol.

I watched a good movie, well I thought so anyways, its an older movie, "Ever After" w/ Drew Barrymore. We bought a new grill, only $88!!!!! Our old one kinda "died." This one is smaller, but it is fine for the two of us and grilling is a lot healthier than frying and a lot less work! :D My DH loves to grill out. ;)

Well I hope you all have a Great Morning/Afternoon or Night!

FrouFrou
04-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY..glad FIL is getting better with each passing day. Man, I hope the doc does find stones, or goes ahead with taking the galbladder out. :crossed: Don't cha love your kitty?! Usually when we move Ernie gets really nervous...thinking we are going to leave him or something. He will make his self sick and start the throwing up thing. This time thought he didn't get as nervous. He still is following me around thinking I am going to leave him, but he hasn't thrown up (knock on wood).

MICHELLE...how are you doing?

SUSAN...same, how are you feeling? Did you hear from the doc about the results yet?

JULES...hope you aren't working too hard.

KATY...hope DS is better.

It is a rainy, dreary day here today. Guess the last few days of rain we were supposed to get and didn't decided to drop all in one day. Needless to say, going to the park to walk was out of the question. So spent the morning cleaning again. Anywho...take care ladies and enjoy your day! :)

Sassy_Chick
04-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks all. :hug:

Have you all heard the song, "I loved her first" (http://www.amazon.com/I-Loved-Her-First-Heartland/dp/B000I8OOO2/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9998266-8800837?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1177554468&sr=8-1) By Heartland? I just heard it. Definitely a tear jerker! Click on the link for a sample of the song.

Also, dunno if any of you have heard:

Poisoned Pet Food May Have Entered Human Food Supply Via Hogs

Tuesday , April 24, 2007

WASHINGTON
Salvaged pet food contaminated with an industrial chemical was fed to hogs in as many as six states, federal health officials said Tuesday. It was not immediately clear if any of the hogs entered the food supply for humans.

Food safety officials have quarantined hogs at farms in California, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah and possibly Ohio. The urine of hogs in some states has tested positive for the chemical, melamine, the Food and Drug Administration said.

"At this point, I don't have a definitive answer other than to say that the issue is being addressed," Stephen Sundlof, the FDA's chief veterinarian, told reporters when asked if any of the hogs had entered the food supply. A poultry farm also may be involved, he added.

List of Pet Food Brand Names Subject to Recall

The FDA also said it planned to begin testing a wide variety of vegetable proteins at firms that imported the ingredients to make everything from pizza dough to infant formula, and protein shakes to energy bars. The ingredient list includes wheat gluten, corn gluten, corn meal, soy protein and rice bran.

Investigators have found melamine in at least two imported Chinese vegetable proteins used to make pet foods. The chemical likely was used to skew analyses that measured the protein content of the ingredients, wheat gluten and rice protein concentrate.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,268181,00.html

RosieKate
04-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Ugh - the news just keeps getting worse and worse. Don't be surprised if there's not much oversight at hog farms...bet they'll never be able to say whether any of them are in our food supply.

Other than than...I hope you are feeling better, Sassy. Are you going to get the ultrasound on your g.b.?

Cristina - how's the painting going?

Hi to everyone else.

I ate too many chips this week and I am up 1.8. We had MIL over for her birthday last night and had cake...so that is contributing for sure. Kids are doing TV turn-off this week, and I am staying surprisingly sane. I'm proud of them for giving it a go...

Have a great day everyone

jules1216
04-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to pop in really quick--My niece and friend are still preggers hopefully it will be soon as they are both miserable!!

Michelle
04-26-2007, 04:36 PM
I just wanted to stop in and say hello. Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I just get so down, discouraged and frustrated some days when I've been staying on my plan every single day with my calories and exercising, and I just poke along, and then I see so many others here on the board losing so much weight quickly. I get tired of hearing slow is better, don't want to hear that anymore!:devil: I have not messed up at all with my plan and Saturday will be 4 weeks that I've been sticking with it and not missed a day of exercise. I do feel better and my stamina is building up with my WATP, but I just think I should have lost more weight. Oh well, nothing else I can do but keep pushing forward.

SASSY...So sorry you haven't been feeling good and I sure hope the ultrasound shows something this time.:hug:

jules1216
04-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Michelle-we all hit those plateaus, I didn't lose anything for 5 weeks straight when you and others were having losses. Don't let it get to you, we are all going through the same thing here.

My niece has a nameless 8 pound 1 ounce baby boy who is 20 inches long.

Good night all!!

Michelle
04-26-2007, 09:34 PM
JULES...Thank you so much for your kind words and congratulations on the new arrival, how precious.;) :hug:

FrouFrou
04-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...where are ya? Off with M :love: Hoping all is well with you.

MICHELLE...same here and ditto what Jules said. I really do hate to say it but slow is better. Geez, I am a pro at slow, lol. Maybe if you think of it as being healthy rather than some numbers on a scale. :hug: Just keep on keeping on missy...it will come off. That is such a cute picture in your siggy. Is it you as a child?

JULES...:congrat: to your niece! So many babies being born.

SASSY...I saw that on the news and thought, what next? It's getting to where we can't eat anything. Hope you are feeling better. Glad to hear the doc is going to do something...no one should have to endure the pain. That is a great song! I like your siggy as well. I went to the site and made one and then thought, nah...I won't copy Sassy, lol.

KATY...the painting is going slow, lol. That is fine...V works and is tired when he comes home so...may take us two months to get it all done, maybe longer, lol. The kitchen, dining area and part of the living room and entry are done. Two walls in the LR will be gold so that is next. And the two walls that connect to the family room and entry. These walls have rounded corners and is tough for painting. So some walls that might have been one color will be another because of how they connect to another wall. Hope that makes sense, lol. I love the green and red together and I think the gold will complement them. Sorry, about the gain. You'll get that off in no time. You are doing great with your weight loss.

SusanNYC...hoping all is well with you.

Nuthin much going on with me today. Going to unpack some boxes in the family room and get some laundry done. Went to the park earlier to get in a walk but it started raining. Of course the sun is out now, lol. Going to go back in about an hour, hopefully. It is supposed to rain later so we'll see. Nuthin planned for the weekend except more unpacking. Going to try and get things unpacked because I know we have lots of stuff to get rid of. The HOA is going to have a neighborhood yard sale May 18 or 19th, can't remember and I will be having a yard sale then. Anywho...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!

Sassy_Chick
04-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey all,

Just a quick Hello :wave:, I hope you all are well!

I'm feeling a bit better, so far at least -- no pain in my side! :woohoo: (knocking on wood here) lol.

Cristina -- Aw you could of made a signature too, I don't mind! Yeah I found that site and thought it was pretty neat.Hope the unpacking goes well. I hate unpacking. I don't mind the packing, I just hate the unpacking! lol.

I hope you all have a Great Weekend!

Michelle
04-27-2007, 11:11 PM
CRISTINA...The picture in my siggy area is actually both of my daughters when they were much younger. It was back in Iowa when we were visiting and they were pretending like they were driving my grandpa's tractor, and if you look real closely, my younger DD has yellow ear covers on, so cute!

jules1216
04-28-2007, 09:09 AM
I think we have a name Blair Anthony or Blair something though she still liked Blake Aiden. Momma had it a little rough. She started with irregular contractions on Wed evening. She called her Mom at 3 AM on Thursday and told her to come get her her water broke, the went to the hospital at 6 am and she was 5 cm dialated and the midwive said she thought he would be here before lunch and then she stopped dialating. They gave her something and she started again only to stop at 6 cm and then after giving her a little more, she finally finished. They did have to take her up to surgery and put her out to be stitched. Between the Demoral and the anesthisia (sp?) she was loopy so we actually didn't get in to see them Thursday, Friday morning she was running a fever so they gave her an antibiotic and some Motrin. This is a girl who when she outgrew her asthma she rarely got sick and rarely even takes a Tylenol. We got there around 4 in the afternoon and she says she was finally back to feeling like herself. The baby is beautiful!!!

jules1216
04-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Michelle-that is a sweet pic of the girls

Sassy--I am glad you are feeling better girly!!

Cristina-My friend Becky is next and she wants me to go in with her since her family is in NJ

Katie--chips are my weakness--just like the commercial "once you pop, you can't stop"

SuzyQ--hope all is well with you healthwise--I am concerned about you!!

SusanNYC--hope all is right with you too!!

Gotta go!!

Scuzin
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi! I'm sorry i've been away so long! Its been a crazy couple of weeks. Weddings and parties and work meetings...Phew. The BIG news with me is posted in the Success Stories forum. Check it out! Its exciting news!

Love you ladies, hugs and hope all is well...check back soon

FrouFrou
04-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...that is the cutest picture. My grandpa used to give us rides on his tractor.

JULES...I like the name Blair as well. Blair Anthony is nice. When I was preggers with Josh, DH wanted to name him Paul Anthony or Anthony Paul. I didn't like either at the time, lol. So he chose Joshua.

SASSY...glad you are feeling better! :hug: You're a sweetie! I may go and make a sparkly name, lol.

SusanNYC...I will definitely check out the success story.

KATY...hoping all is well with you and yours.

SUSAN...thinking of you.

Nothing much going on. Ran some errands this morning, cleaned the house, did my exercise and doing laundry. Busy day to say the least.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

Sassy_Chick
04-28-2007, 10:55 PM
TY all. :hug:

It was a beautiful :sunny: here too. Got up to 71, Mon & Tues it is supposed to get up to 80! We are gonna take MIL to see the Titanic Artifacts on Tues. Probably take her out to eat too.

I found a new :love:. Its a Grilled Chicken Mango Salad w/ Lime Dressing...........Mmmmmmm :drool:

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

:twirly:

RosieKate
04-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi all
doing well here - enjoying the weather. We made it through tv free week. DH and I would watch a little after the kids went to bed, but last night, I didn't even do that. We'll see how things go after today. It was really nice to not have the tv on. I did a day by day update on the Picky blog.

Sassy - our OMSI had a Titanic exhibit a while back, maybe it's the same one...if so, it was really good - so hope you have a good time

Cristina- hey - we are doing well - hope you are having a good weekend

SusanNYC - YAhoo! I posted on your size WHAT thread..great job!

Sassy_Chick
04-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi Everybody! :wave:

No your eyes are not deceiving you, I am awake this "Early" (work 3rd shift for anybody new) I woke up at 11:30 A.M. and could not go back to sleep! So I was like may as well get up!!!!!! I will be one tired chica tonight...........:yawn:

Wanted to ask you all if you would be interested in doing a "Motivational Support" for each other, I know that is basically why we are here, but I know some of us (ME Especially!) could use some "extra" motivation, so I thought we could exchange email addresses/IM's/Snail Mail addys if you're interested and we could sent "Motivational" messages to each other?? I know I have a few of your addresses already and all, but just thought I'd bring it up because I really could use the extra motivation.

MIL has been to see the Titanic Exhibit before and she says it is very good too. I think it will be fun and nice to get out and about too. ;)

I hope you all are having a very :sunny: Sunday!

Mom2Gaby
04-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Good Afternoon,

Would love to go check out your success story SusanNYC! I will as soon as I finish this post.
Just thought I would check in. All is well. I haven't heard back on the results but I might call the hospital,because they said 7 to 10 days. I think it has been that already.
I feel good and am getting enough sleep.
1st day of *getting serious* - lol took awhile.
I went out with M over the weekend - went to Olive Garden and I had the Tour of Italy. 3 samples of different dishes. It was yummy but what was I thinking?? Eating a whole country - hmmm plus the bread sticks.
So, I had fruit for breakfast and a reduced greek salad for lunch - have drank 46 oz's so far.
Maybe tomorrow I will be brave enough to weigh and see what the damage is ......but hey, I am going to lose it - so what the heck. I should be nice to myself.

better get - chat more tomorrow!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar063/flower02/lb/10/0/10/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)
10 pounds at a time :bb: Baby Stepping!

Sassy_Chick
04-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey Everybody!

:wave:

In case anybody is interested, the Chicken Mango Salad I was telling you about:

The Chicken Mango Salad is from Qdoba (http://www.qdoba.com/Default.aspx) Here is a description of it from their website:

"Qdoba Mexican Grill Goes Tropical; Introduces Chicken Mango Salad

When the heat is on, Qdoba Mexican Grill knows customers search for lighter fare, and the Chicken Mango Salad will hit the spot. It recently was introduced into select locations in Colorado and Florida as a test item for the growing franchise.

The new item blends Qdobas tropical mango salsa with a tangy lime vinaigrette dressing over shredded romaine lettuce and their signature adobo chicken. The salad is presented in a crispy tortilla bowl served with cheese and sour cream. The menu item, like all of Qdobas options, are not pre-made and can be customized to fit any guests liking. The tropical mango salsa is made in the restaurant and customers can request to have their Chicken Mango Salad naked, without the bowl. The price of the Chicken Mango Salad is $ 5.99 in most locations..............."

All the flavors just go so well together! The lime vinagrette dressing is awesome! And as it says you can customize it however you want it, they make it right there in front of you, just like Subway, only this is SouthWest/Mexican.

Yesterday I had a Dublin Salad: Dublin Salad
A seasoned grilled chicken breast, sliced and served on a bed of European field greens. Sprinkled with pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese. Served with a tarragon dijon dressing.

It was SO HUGE! I didn't even make a dent in it, but it was SOOOOOOo good and I felt so much better after eating it instead of junk!!!!! :carrot:

Hoping your all having a wonderful :sunny: Monday! :cool:

Mom2Gaby
05-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Good Morning,
The salad sounds yummy Sassy. :)
I weighed this morning.Did you hear the scream:yikes: Ok, it wasn't THAT bad. I was thinking I was 300 pounds and surprised myself I wasn't that high.
lol
Gads, I have gained 30 pounds since I met M 6 months ago. Waaaaaay too much eating out?? I thought it was the meds. I just don't feel guilty when I eat anymore.
Last night I finished the day with a bowl of steamed veggies and some chicken. I had 4 crackers w/ butter as a snack while I watched The Bachelor.
I think I did pretty good for the day overall.
I am having an Atkins shake w/ banana for breakfast and will pick up a salad at Trader Joes for lunch. I also bought some apples to munch on.
So, 2nd day!!!! The good news is I am not going to get any heavier.

I have tons of work. The girls are well. Beck found out her best friend is moving to S.Cal this summer, they both were crying. Poor Themla and Lousie. I hope her parents change their minds. The girls are so cute together.
M called last night and we chatted for a bit. He is such a sweet man, works waaaaay too much though.

k- off I go to eat my banana - you all have a good day!!

Mom2Gaby
05-01-2007, 11:53 AM
STOP!!! Do not post - Join us at THREAD #24!!:encore: