Old 04-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #1  
goin' for goal!

S/C/G: 234.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Today's the day!

This morning, I had my yearly check-up with the gyn. who did my hysterectomy five years ago. I trust this doctor completely. He's a Christian, too. Last year, he spoke to me seriously about my obesity and high cholesterol levels. This year, he really had a heart-to-heart talk with me and spoke the truth in love. I had prayed that God would give him wisdom for today's appointment, and I have chosen to receive that wisdom. Today, I made the choice to improve my health by following his advice. Praise God! I will lose this excess weight in a healthy way!
fitchick2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Philippians 4:13

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
My Dear Sister in Christ,
Be encouraged! If God is for you, who can be against you? You can do it! You can make it!
It is good that you are doing this now and saving yourself many, many future health problems. Like me and all due to obesity!
Hold on to that Scripture and Christ.
Love in Christ your new friend, Gwyn!
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:24 AM   #3  

Fitchick The hardest part of this battle is making up your mind to do it. Like you, I have allowed food to rule. Food is not our friend, Jesus is, and He says He will help us and never leave us. One of the fruits of the Spirit is self discipline, and in seeking to develop this spiritual fruit, you will be seeking to be conformed to the image of Christ. I think this discovery is just so neat because our whole purpose on earth is to become more like Christ for God's glory.
I know you can do it. With me it's slow but I'm learning great lessons along the way and loving Christ more every day. Be sure to get a plan -limits that are doable. Go Girl go!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:33 PM   #4  
growingwife

S/C/G: 156/156/130

Height: 5'3

Hello every one. I am new to the site and I could really use any small secrets to not giving up on the up hill battle for weight lost.
growingwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #5  

Growing wife- staying focused - small rewards along the way - journaling what you eat and then looking over it and seeing where you went wrong and why (or what you did that was right) -getting connected with friends, like us, and planning what you will eat before putting anything in your mouth. Your are right, it is a battle, but I am convinced it is a battle we can win by not giving up! Plan, track our progress and go for it!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #6  
goin' for goal!

Wow - it's been almost a year, and I've only gained more weight! I've even tried to lose some, too. Why is this so hard???
Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #7  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Just like your avatar says, YOU CAN DO IT! Yes it's hard, it's so very hard. I have a million times (at least) said ok, i'm going to go on a diet and loose this weight, but have never made it past lunch. I joined the gym and lost about 15 lbs then stopped going b/c my life got "busy." We are all here to help you and to motivate you. Yes it's been a year but you can move forward and loose the weight. I just started on this website on Tuesday and am already so pumped and charged from just reading other's successes that I am making time for my health.

I am praying for you.

Lauren
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:17 AM   #8  
goin' for goal!

Thank you, Lauren, for the encouragement and the prayers! I hope you'll have great success in losing the weight you want to lose, too.

Last edited by fitchick2be; 03-15-2008 at 02:18 AM.