Old 04-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Angry *&$! easter*%$# eggs !!

I hid the easter eggs from the kids.. that was okay.. until Sara (age 7) found them today.. so we all had some of those nasty &%!@# easter eggs! I ate 6 of them before I came to my senses! 220 calories.. crap!

I did log them rather then pretend it didn't happen - (which I do too often )
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #2  
missaprylj

Oooh! I'm sorry, Dana!

Wait... maybe I'm crazy but are you talking that you hid real eggs? Or candy ones in a closet or something to save for Easter? I'm so confused!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Dana, it is ok. Move away from the eggs!!
Glad you caught yourself and can move forward for the day. Just don't let it get you down! Otherwise you might want to go right back to them.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Yeah were these real eggs or chocolate or something? I was thinking eggs are good although I don't know if I could eat 6 in a sitting plus that'd be more than 220 calories.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

these are the little chocolate foil wrapped eggs. Trust me.. the foil slowed me down!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Charbar, I am so lucky to not have kids around. I adore those things and just don't dare buy any to give away to the grandbabies The little pastel coloured Cadbury ones are another weakness but look so pretty in a bowl on the table as an Easter decoration. Yeah! Right!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #7  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Default e

I KNOW!!! I'm hiding in my classroom over the lunch hour in order that I avoid student services. The sec. in there has a HUGE dish of them all shiny and colorful and calling my name!! Dangit!! It was funny yesterday though!! I saw one down the hallway on the floor and I kept thinking "Well if its still wrapped it's okay to eat."
I didn't but I'm not sure if that was going against my natural urge to fit into society by acting normally or not.
It's egg-ravating don't you think?
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #8  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Just a little detour! At least you did the right thing and didn't let it derail you. Just remind yourself they aren't worth going back to again!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #9  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

220 calories in the grand scheme of things isn't so bad. For me, if I had those little buggers around, I can imagine I could eat WAY MORE than that, especially if they were cadbury eggs. I love those things. Well anyways, yay for you for taking responsibility and logging them into your Fitday so that you can get back to normal for the rest of the day!
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I was in a Walgreen's not more than 20 minutes ago, and the Cadbury egg's were calling my name, even though I don't even like the darn things. Then I spotted pectin jelly eggs (the really soft jelly beans, like jelly belly's only softer), now those are my weakness. I'm still not sure how I got out of the store without a bag following me home. I guess I was already feeling a bit overindulged in that hubby and I had gone out for Thai food tonight and I had a noodle dish (drunken noodles). I did only eat about half my portion (which is a record for me, the last time we were there I had pad thai and not only finished it, but complained that the portion was a bit skimpy - which it was NOT).

Next time though I think I will have one of their dinner salads, or meal soups.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #11  

Has anyone noticed that my posts tend to start on topic and then veer wildly. Sorry about that!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

That's what makes them unique and interesting, Colleen!
So many great thoughts and so little time to share them!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

ugh, I know exactly what you mean! We must have been on the same wavelength yesterday because I did the same thing! I bought stuff at WalMart for easter and opened the bag to get at those little caramel eggs after I allowed myself to have one of the big cream eggs. I was going to allow myself just one and that was supposed to be it. Chocolate eggs are just like potato chips, you can't have just one! I should have known better and not even eaten that first one. Oh well, today they are going into the plastic eggs for the egg hunt and believe you me I won't touch them because it makes me feel sick to think how much I binged on those stupid things yesterday.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 315/300/130

Height: 5'4"

I can empathize! No kids in the house, but I gave up all sugar and sugar substitutes for Lent, so I'm going to do my best not to absolutely BINGE on chocolate (oh chocolate and skinny cow ice cream sammiches, my old friends, how I've missed you these past 6 weeks!!!!). It's tradition for my mother to give us this HUGE basket of candy, which I have begged and pleaded with her to please NOT do this year. We settled for a small peanut butter meltaway egg because it's a tradition from when I was a little girl.

BUT -- Easter this weekend, then my birthday the next weekend.

This could get ugly. I hope to embody your ability to walk away these next two weeks. =)
FilmGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #15  

Thanks Diane, That's so sweet. My mind does tend to work a little faster than my fingers (or mouth). Hubby gets a little nuts, when go off on a tangent in a conversation, especially since occasionally I get ahead of myself to the point he will say "Honey, I cannot hear your inner dialog, you're going to have to fill in the gaps and tell me what the heck you are talking about."