Old 04-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #1  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Default ***Weekly Chat: April 2-April 8***

Oh where oh where has our weekly chat gone...oh where oh where can it be?

Just starting this up for the week bbl to post!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #2  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Hi Ladies! The week has begun...

I didn't start April off with a bang that's for sure as far as exercise goes.. I didn't do a darn thing yesterday, I felt blah allll day and most of the night. I feel MUCH better today so after dinner am planning on hitting the gym for some serious sweating! Who's with me??

This is going to be a good week.. I hope! I am going to call my trainer tonight & see when we can get started back up together. 6wks off was wayyyyyy tooo long.. I hope she doesn't kill me the first time back with her. Only have 1 late day getting home this week so far.. So probably won't be doing a whole lot Wednesday night.

We're trying to buy a new house.. Wish us luck!! I am hoping we find out soon and put an offer down. *Crossing fingers*

Hope everyone has a great week!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #3  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

morning ladies

i've been away for a while and see some new faces around. just letting you know i'm back and have been lurking for a while. theres been some soul searching and some detoxing and i have a new lease on this journey. hopefully it will transfer to some weight loss

have a great week everyone
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #4  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Hello!

Today was good. I went shopping today and bought some new clothes for the first time in aaaaages- I went down a size in pants, stayed the same in tops. But they do look better than they did before. The best was seeing my calves in the mirror in the dressing room- they are RIPPED now! I don't own a full length mirror, so I haven't seen them since i started running. It was a nice surprise for sure. New clothes gave me a shot in the arm of motivation- it makes me want to look all the better in my new clothes, and aim for a smaller size next time. I think that in another 20 pounds I will go and buy some more new clothes- that is good motivation to try to lose a good bit before summer!

Workout was good too- i rocked it on arms real quick like and went for a short run- i must've had it in my head that it was gonna be short, because I hauled booty like a crazy fool! Oops. Now my ankle hurts a bit. Oh well.

Hope you all have a great and on plan week!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:09 AM   #5  

Height: 5ft7in

Happy Tuseday all!!
ThePickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok girlies. Last night was a bomb. No exercise to be had. I started watching the discovery channels "Planet Earth" on my tv's on demand channel. OMG it is sooo good. I am completely in love with it. If you haven't seen it you have to check it out. It comes on every Sunday.

Not much in store for today. Working. Avoiding Sugar. Hitting the gym as soon as I get home so as not to procrastinate my way out of it again.

Better start working, bbl.

amblyn - I am definitely with you as far as hitting the gym goes. Tonight I need to just do it. And do it as soon as I get home, before I get in my jammies and turn the tv on...

Ange - Welcome back ange Ooh and that trip your planning sounds great!

FUTUREPIXIE - I remember when I started running my calves were what blew me away as well. That is good motivation good luck!

ThePickle - Happy Tuesday to you too
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I thought I would join you girls!
I am looking forward to this week, I'm not only seeing it as a new week but also a new month and a new attitude. I had sort of a bad night last night, not as bad as it could've been but the mom cooked my favorite: enchiladas. I ate 4 of them. But that is over and done with, I got my exercise in and today is a new day. What I am really focused on is the weekend. That is when I hang out with my friends and there is always yummy food around, I'm hoping to get control over that situation.
I hope everyone has a great week!!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #8  
New mom, aspiring DVM

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hello folks!

I'm new to this site but figured I'd jump right in. Plus posting gives me a break from writing on my thesis - trying to avoid procrastination by giving myself set breaks, but we'll see how well it works!

Does anyone else go on a spring-cleaning jaunt? I gutted the house top to bottom last weekend (again, procrastinating on writing, but it felt GOOD!), and this weekend tackled my closet. I'm expecting to move in June-July, and decided I wasn't going to pack up a bunch of clothes I haven't worn in years.

I set out with the rule that I couldn't keep anything that didn't fit or that I hadn't worn in two years and/or didn't see myself wearing in the near future. And, going with a "What not to wear" rule - nothing stays that's unflattering just because it fits. I didn't quite stick to the letter, since I kept a couple pairs of great jeans that I can't quite wear and a handful of stuff that was on the snug side but will fit easily soon (heck, it'll fit today - it was my own fault for deciding to clean closet when I'm up 6 pounds of period bloat!) But I did dump all the clothes I'd been keeping from who-knows-when with the idea that I'd fit back into them, and a lot of the fat-girl "office dress" clothes that came from shopping with my mother - I refuse to wear a baggy shirt-jacket and slacks with the idea of covering my butt. I got rid of a good dozen turtleneck sweaters - I don't wear turtlenecks and am not really sure why I bought them! (Actually, I do - I had to wear a compression bra for 6 months following a breast reduction and my usual V-necks didn't work.) But I haven't touched them in 2 years, so out they went.

It feels nice to know that I can walk into my closet and know that everything will fit and look good - I can actually see what I have and make a choice of what I want to wear, instead of grabbing whatever I shoved in most recently because it came through the laundry! I'm actually looking forward to summer shopping because I know what I have and that I have room in the closet for new stuff!
Rock Chalk Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #9  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

congrats future pixie!

i am feeling you all on the exercise thing so far this month. since i am following a 1/2 marathon training program and the body sculpting bible workout sunday was off day..no biggie there it was a good relaxing day. i did some spring cleaning it was very therapeutic.

well yesterday, my hubby and i were going to gym after work and since i had dropped off my car to get new brakes, he was going to pick me up from work and we were going to head straight to the gym. well since i didnt bring my gym bag with me my husband said he would stop by the house and pick it up. i reminded him to get my running shoes too as I wanted to put in 3 miles on the treadmill. so we get to the gym and i get my bag and go to the locker room and start getting dressed. when i go to put on my socks i realized there were no shoes. uuggghhhh...so i went to the weight room to ask my husband if possibly my shoes were in the car...nope...ugghhhh.....okay, well i figured i couldn't workout barefoot or in high heels, but i figured one of us might as well get a workout while we were there. so i decided to grab his crocs and hang out in the sauna until he was done then i would go home and run at the jogging trail near our house. well by the time we got home it was pouring and i was drained from the sauna so needless to say i didnt work out. i was kind of bummed, but today i am going to hit the gym hard!! i'm so excited (i'm pumping myself up now..hahah) i am going to run my 3 miles and lift weights and do abs to make up for yesterday!!! agghhhh boys - what to do? what to do?

okay, well sorry for the vent and i hope the rest of the week is awesome for ya'll!!!

Last edited by Spunkster5; 04-03-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #10  
In Search of Collarbones

Stephie- Planet Earth is AWESOME!! I love it. It is so beautifully done too, and kinda heartbreaking at times. Makes me want to run out and pick up trash and give all the trees nice big hugs, LOL!

Hi Caseygail21! Glad you joined us!

Rock Chalk Chick- you are inspiring me! I have been dying to spring clean, esp. my closet! I have yo yoed so much that there are all sorts of sizes of things, hand me downs that I never wear, and stuff that is generally out dated or in disrepair. I was just telling a friend today that I was gonna start devoting more of my play money (since there is so much and all, har har) to buying new and more flattering clothes- it is just that time to make the investment in myself. I love spring cleaning and decluttering!!

Spunkster- that sucks about your shoes! I hate when i have the best of intentions and then something derails me from working out. tell me about the book that you are reading- is it working? You have mentioned it before, and you have my curiosity up for sure.

My legs are sore from last nights run. I think that I am gonna take a day off running and just do some yoga and some abs today. Maybe with the extra time I will work on bellydancing some more. I swear, there just aren't enough hours in the day.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #11  

future pixie...i love the body sculpting bible for women. i first read about it in the exercise forum. some people had mentioned it there and said that they really started to see improvements after they completed the first six weeks. the book is well laid out, has a ton of good information and has workout routines to follow. the routines change every 2 weeks so that your body does not adapt to any of the workouts therefore, you are constantly making progress. i am in my second week and love the workouts. they suggest you workout 6 days a week and never more than an hour at a time. you do cardio & abs 3 days and lift weights 3 days. however, i am just doing the weight training portion as i mentioned earlier i am following a running program as well. i've really enjoyed reading the book and have and will continue to suggest it...it has good information on concentration while working out as well. i bought the old one (b/c i didnt realize there was a new version) on amazon for a decent price. you should check it out.

btw i love your quote - in search of collar bones...hahah i am too and am finally starting to see them..i always point them out to my hubby and he says as long as i dont begin to look like skeletor he's fine with them. hahah
Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #12  
In Search of Collarbones

heehee, mine are starting to show too!

can you do the sculpting program without going to a gym? I have learned that I am allergic to gyms, and joining one is the quickest way to get me to not exercise. As long as you can do stuff with a stability ball, bands and weights I am all about it! Probably not though, huh?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #13  

yes you can do it at home. the book says that it is designed to do at home as well. if you have weights then you can do it!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #14  
In Search of Collarbones

omg awesome- thanks so much for the recommendation. I am going to see if my library has it!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #15  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

So much to catch up on since I was last on here! I spent all my "free time" at work setting myself up with new songs on my new IPOD. I love love love it! I dont know how I was living before but it is wonderful. The only thing I'm lacking is better workout songs. Someone on here once suggested fitpod I think but for some reason I can't download the songs. I have no idea why. Does anyone have any other good ideas for workout music? I am trying to save money for my trip; therefore, it has to be free. aha.

Nothing new is really going on with me. My weight loss plateaued for a while and I finally saw one measly pound drop on the scale. That should be motivating I suppose but I have a feeling my caloric intake has not been stellar. I stopped counting calories. I'm currently drinking tea and distracting myself with this site.

I'm not going home for the weekend any more because my ride's plans changed. Then I found out my gym has crazy hours over the holidays so my workout may suffer. Only a few meals with friends though but it seems a lot of time alone so I'm a bit worried about my need to eat while bored. I've been making a list of things I can do over the weekend though, it's getting long so if I keep crossing things off I can't see how boredom will come into play.

It seems like everyone is doing well! Its a short week!!!! That makes me happy.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote