Old 04-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #1  

Question Switch to At Home?

I've been doing great attending meetings, but with four nights a week taken up with soccer practice or Scouts, I'm pretty swamped. (Did I mention I also work full time?) I'm contemplating switching to at-home. Thoughts?
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #2  

Well, I'm cheating all over the place in this area. Not on the diet, technically I haven't started yet-I'm purchasing the books from ebay and I'll be weighing in here. I'm on a shoestring budget and I can't afford to pay a starter fee, weekly fee and purchase the books separately so I'm cutting as many corners as possible so that I can get going on it. I would have liked the support of the meetings and maybe at some point I can go to a few but mostly I'll be here for the support.
Jezebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/194/165

Hi Kathy - In the past, I have gone to meetings, but this time around - I have done WW at home and have been successful. I have been on the at home program since Sept 06 and have lost 53 pounds. What is different this time? I think what it is - is "I" really want it - I'm not trying to get the approval of my leader or the person at the scales......plus, like you, time is so very precious. I enjoy being able to weigh myself first thing Friday morning and post my weight. As far as encouragement - community boards have been a big help. I'm able to find people who have the same issues I have - not just what the leader is talking about that week.....don't get me wrong - the meetings are GREAT, however, at home is really working for me and fitting into my lifestyle......Good Luck!
newme407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I switched to At Home, but I've only been at it for 3 or 4 days, so it's hard for me to say how it's going. For me, I just find myself annoyed by meetings. I do better at getting support online, I did have a good leader, I just never did want to spend the time on it Saturday mornings (the only time I could get to the meetings with my travel schedule).

I was pleased to discover that my WW records did transfer over successfully, even though I took a month off WW while I was traveling about in Asia. I quit the regular meetings at the end of February, was away in March, and signed up again in April. When I logged in my old starting weight was there, my old diaries, all my personally entered foods and recipes, it was good.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #5  

jezebelle, I bought the deluxe home kit as an investment in myself with my tax return. My weirdo reasoning was that in time it would actually be cheaper than going to meetings.

This website just has oooodles of information. I do not belong to the WW online. But i just found two or three free websites that seem to offer the same thing. if you google fitday or sparkspeople you will be able to do the weigh ins and get charts of your progress. I also love hungrygirl. Hope they help you!!!

This is my second week on doing it at home. i have lost four pounds. Want to hear something ironic? Yesterday, I answered a post to someone who was feeling guilty because they had binged. See....I had been doing good for almost two weeks. Then guess who binged today???? I feel awful!!!! But I know hitting these boards will be theraputic!!!!
Good luck to you!!!! Hope to cyber chat with you some more!!!

ibbasquish
ibbasquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Hi!

I did the meetings and was actually demotivated because I couldn't get to the same ones each week. It's taken me over a year to drag out the books and get back on the wagon (started yesterday).

I feel like my competition is with myself since I am doing this for myself- I felt like some of the meetings I attended spent too much time reassuring me that failure to lose weight was OK. Believe me, I can justify a pan of brownies just fine on my own! I needed more of a kick and I've decided to give it to myself!

I like WW online. They have a great recipe database and their points calculator does percentages and figures out points based on quantity- for example, the little 1 point WW snack cakes actually add up to 2.5 points if you eat two! I find it helpful because I have access to the internet throughout the day and don't have an excuse to not check the points BEFORE I eat the item.

ibbasquish,
I'm a little afraid to respond after you now! A binge can be a motivator if you think about how lousy you feel now the next time bad food calls your name!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #7  
Fat-be-gone

I was doing the meetings but I've switched to at home. I was paying 40 bucks a month and really wasn't getting anything out of the meetings. I've got the tools I need. I think I'm better off doing it by myself.

I re-started today and am off to a great start.

Good luck everyone!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #8  

Way to go on the restart!

I restarted Monday and the scale showed two pounds lighter already this morning- I know, I know, it's probably just water weight. But it motivated me to skip the bread on my sandwich and order a salad instead of fries at lunch today so I'm counting it!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #9  
Fat-be-gone

don't you just love how much friendlier the scale is when you're on track??
Old 04-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #10  

Yeah! It's great motivation!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #11  
Fat-be-gone

So I did bad yesterday, but it was my bday so I forgave myself. I am defintely rocking it today. Just have to pass the big test - going home!!
Old 04-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/276/150

Height: 5'6"

I was trying Atkins, South Beach, etc...and my mom surprised me with the at home WW pack. Woot! Anyways, I have had a great week, and even with a slight binge yesterday, I still have 12 of my weekly 35 points left, although the weight I lost is back on as of today. Tuesday will be my day to see if I've lost though, we'll see. I like the freedom of in home, and the support is already here if you need it.
katrs5 is offline   Reply With Quote