Carb Counters - Weekly Chat April 2-8th/07

View Full Version : Weekly Chat April 2-8th/07

RobinW
04-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

lady_adnerb
04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Morning Robin :)

Well, the weekend was ok. I need to quit the snacking. It's ridiculous. I also didn't work on getting the water in. Talked to DH and told him I need to start exercising. So I'm hoping that he keeps me accountable. I'm going to try and get the DD's to exercise with me this week. Well, we're also going to be cleaning the house..so that alone is exercise as well :lol:

lilybelle
04-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi Robin and Brenda,

Not much new here. Tons of yard work and gardening. My eating has been on plan for last few days so this much is good.

Brenda, I'm gonna try to get my DD to go for walks with me too.

Phoenix Song
04-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Hello everybody! I hope that you're all doing well!

I've been AWOL a bit from here, but have still been pushing away at the LC eating. There have been a few set backs along the way, like getting sick and having a weekend slightly off-plan that messed up my ketosis and had me craving like mad for a week, and finding out that my scale was reading 5 lbs too little. :mad: So I actually started 5 lbs higher than I thought and felt as if I had to lose the same 5 lbs over again. I know it's not the same as having re-gained weight and back tracking, but it sure felt like it!

Oh well... it's another Monday and another chance at starting a whole new positive week! :carrot:

Have a great day Ladies!

:wizard: Barb

Puncezilla
04-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Good morning
It's snowing here again this morning. :( I'v been feeling a little discouraged lately, I feel like I have so much to lose and its going to take forever. I'm sure everyone feels this way and I shouldn't let it get to me. My scale has been jumping up and down a lot so this morning I got on and it read 208 so I stepped off then back on again and it was at 211 so I tried a third time and got 209 and it's a new scale. Time to stop letting those numbers get to me.
I will be going to my parents place for a few weeks after Easter and it will be hard but I'm going to stay op. I am feeling a little stressed about it. and stress makes me feel like snacking and I'v been wanting to eat chocolate like crazy. well enough of my big whine. My Mom & Dad & Grandma are comming tomorrow to stay a few days so I have to go clean my house. I'll be back later when I'm in a better mood.

beach bum
04-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Hi Ladies:)

It was pouring cats & dogs this morning . Looks like April has arrived with there showers.

Not doing to much today as Rainy Days & Mondays...... like the song says. The only thing on schedule is menu planning and wash day.

Have one more week for my Lenten Challenge [5 lb off] to work. I have so far 2 lbs gone. Shouldn't be too disappointed. Every little bit counts.

Robin-Thanks for starting us up.

Brenda-I'm another snacker,don't have any problems with snacking during the day it
just at night while watching TV. Was going to make some smoothies or milk shakes to keep my tummy full,with all those bubbles in the two snacks. Or go back to protein like deli meats or peanutbutter. Sending you some :dust:

Lily-Have to wait another month before I can work in my garden. Have to go on my bike,as the weather is co-operating today.

Barb-Sending you:dust: also. Sorry about the same 5 lbs back and forth. Something is going to give. Its not so easy to stay OP when the weekend comes. I go off myself,like Sat Nite watching cable movies got me snacking all night.

puncezilla-SNOW :snowglo: whats that, & I'm complaining about :rain: rain. You probably have a diginal scale. I don't like those,I have a waist high doctor scale that is quite accurate. I just have to make sure the balance beam is in the center. Don't get depressed we're all in the same boat rocking back & forth. The stupid scale will finally move downward. I have Hersey S/F mini DARK chocolates just in case that get the sweet tooth cravings return. Other wise I hide them away.

Hugs :) BB

lilybelle
04-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi ladies, I went out to work more in my flower beds and I am just flat too sore. My neck and back got to hurting too much, so after 2 hrs. I came in to clean my kitchen. I suppose my water heater pilot light is out because I have no hot water on that end of the house. The other 2 bathrooms have hot water and are on a separate water heater.

We found a small snake in our driveway. Yikes, I thought it was too early for snakes.

Puncezilla, OMG, snow. It's 83 degrees here. BTW, my screwy scale will give 3 different readings too if I get on it 3 times. Now, I just take the first reading and let it go at that.

Phoenix, I think I need a new scale too. But, I'm still using this old one. My Dr. 's scale always weighs me a couple lbs. higher, but of course, I'm dressed at his office, so I don't listen to his scale. LOL.

Getupandgo
04-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Hello--hope everyone had a good weekend!

I did my first weigh-in this morning, and I'm down 4lbs. I thought I would be down more. I worked-out four days this week, but I did cheat twice and have beer. At least the scales shows something---my pants don't feel any looser!

Blah...I think I'm going to forget the scale for a few weeks. I was feeling great about myself until I stepped on it.

Have a nice day everyone :)

:D:D:D

lilybelle
04-02-2007, 10:51 PM
getupandgo, WTG on the 4 lbs. That is great.

Well after my 2 hrs. of clearing flower beds this morning, I took a long nap. Woke refreshed and cooked our dinner. Then went outside and gave 2 more hrs. in the flower beds. I just now finished my shower and am exhausted and ready for rest.

Hope everyone had a great day.

jaesueray
04-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Morning all!
Spent time working in my garden, boy am i out of shape! It wore me out...ive got tomatoes, okra, squash, and lots of peppers. Ive got a few strawberry plants to put in as well..just have to decide where to put 'em.
Did well yesterday...im using fitday to keep me accountable and boy, its surprising how many carbs some foods have!
Im packing chicken for lunch as well as two cream chesse muffins for breky later...i may go down to the cafeteria at work and get a sausage as well....
Everyone have a great day!!
Jae

Getupandgo
04-03-2007, 07:55 AM
I bought those Keritone Strips yesterday. I'm going to try and use these to stay on track. I've heard some skeptism regarding them, so I'll be on my toes when using them. :)

Lily and Jai: I'm so jealous of your gardening! What a great way to exercise outside! It sounds like both of you are going to have fantastic food...not to mention your hands full!

I'll be back later...if not, have a good day everyone!

:D:D:D

lilybelle
04-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi ladies, Well as most of you know I switched to counting calories about 3 months ago after losing all my wt. doing Atkins. I had stayed at 141 lbs. for about the first 6 months of maintenance. This morning I'm at 146 and I'm re-starting day 1 of Atkins. I don't know if I can take these 5 lbs. back off , but I figure it's worth a shot. I'm very frustrated right now. I'm getting more exercise than ever before and I'm gaining not losing and hungry all the time. So out with the bread and in with the protein. I know I had so much trouble before with severe stomach pain/constipation and I hope this won't be the case again. I plan to severely restrict cheese to see if this helps. Maintenance for me is sheer torture and I can't seem to find that happy medium where I'm satisfied with my food plan and not gaining wt. I'll keep you all posted. I'm gonna wait and weigh 1 week from today.

My DD wants to lose wt. before prom so she started induction today too. She had lost wt. with Atkins and then went back to eating whatever she wanted and regained it all plus a few more. Right now she is depressed because she couldn't fit into one of my skirts (size 6) the other day. Maybe this will spur her to start taking walks with me again. I can Hope.

GetupandGo, I'm excited about my veggie garden. Even on Atkins, I'll be able to eat a lot of the fresh veggies that I have planted. The other night I made a stir fry with olive oil, green beans and fresh squash and onions, it was so good.

lilybelle
04-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I feel a little better now. I had gotten the 146 reading after eating BF and having 2 cups of coffee. 3 hrs. later my wt. is 144 lbs. which is a little better. I still want to see my ticker wt. again. Hoping Atkins will help me like it did before. I need some of that willpower dust.

carolr3639
04-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Lily, Hope the Atkins plan helps you. I know what you mean about hunger. Do you think it could still be the prednisone? Seems like after a few years your body would get used to it. I wish I could do Atkins but with my kidney problems it's probably not a good idea. I was shocked when my creatinine was normal at my last blood test...that's a first in 2 yr. Have you ever tried the Atkins Enduldge bars? The coconut has 8grm fiber.

lilybelle
04-03-2007, 12:04 PM
carol, I did try an Atkins coconut bar before. I plan to get more atkins bars for after induction. I also am planning to get that soy milk that you recommended to help my fiber intake. Benefiber is also on my list to buy.

laurie2275
04-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Well, I had one bad day last week and ate pasta and pizza. I heard some really bad news that got me so worried that I was using food as my comfort. I only gained 2 lbs though from it and lost it over the weekend. So, Im going to stay on induction for awhile and make up for that.

My cousin is going though a something pretty awful. She is married to this guy ( a macho construction type) and they have 2 small kids. Awhile back she had an affair with an old boyfriend. It was so wrong and she knows it but has been living on a tight leash and getting comments like "you've let yourself go". All of this while she maybe weighs 125 and looks beautiful. I mean she might wear sweats a bit and scrubs a bit but she works in a hospital and has 2 small kids. Well, he just found out and wants her out. She went to stay with her mom with the kids but cant stay there long. I would like to help her and give her our basement apartment but there are some things Im actually worried about. I cant always council her and have no time for MY family and I CANT eat the way she eats. I HAVE to stay on this diet. She likes chicken nuggets, pizza, and all sorts of not great food for me.

So, I ask...how do you stay on a diet when you live with people who eat really bad foods for you?

Puncezilla
04-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi , I got company now for a few days so not much time to chat, just wanted to check in and se how everyone is doing. I'm doing OK I think I went a little over on the carbs yesterday. I didn't get everything into fitday as I was cleaning like mad till my company arived and then kindof forgot about it . I made some SFjello-cheese-cake-fluff locarb but I ate way to much of it, No desserts are safe with me. It would be better if I could make a single serving to avoid pig-outs.

Getup, 4lbs is great! especialy considering the beer. Let us now what you think of the strips I'v never tried them.

Lilly , I'm sure those few lbs will fly off in the first week. I'ts nice your daughter is doing it with you, I wish my DM had been able to help me like that when I was a slightly chubby teen. of course when I was that age I thought I was hugely fat, looking back now I know I wasn't all that big.

Jae, Fitday was such an eye-opener for me. I had no idea how many carbs wher in some of the foods I was eating. Your garden sounds good I would love to have strawberries in mine.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Puncezilla
04-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi laurie, Sorry to hear about your cousin, I hope you can help her without putting to much stress on your self. It shouldn't be to hard if your basement suite has its own kitchen, If you talk to her about your diet, hopefully she will be considerate enough not to be eating a lot of bad food around you. I know a lot of people have to deal with there husbands eating junk food around them, and they just learn to deal with it, but it is not easy. I think its great that you want to help, Just make sure your putting your own health first.:hug:

ilovemike4alwayz
04-03-2007, 09:22 PM
hey ladies how is it going? well i was down another pound today, i am not going to update my ticker except on fridays. i am so tired. i have walked home every night so far this week. it is about 2.49 miles from work to home. seems like forever but i am doing it.

jaesueray
04-04-2007, 06:12 AM
Morning girlies!

I got the rest of my peppers planted yesterday just in time..its pouring down rain:carrot: :carrot: love the free water...
my short term goal for now is to lose 10 pounds, just 10. I need to lose a lot more, but if i set myself up for lots of sucesses, i will be more likely to reach my long term goal.
I want to be a healthy and more vibriant human being, i have it in me, its just trapped by all this fat...but, im fighting my way out and nothing;s gonna stop me!!
Everyone have a great day!!
Jae

Nikki128
04-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone -

I hope you don't mind if I join you. I am starting low carb today and Monday I will try going full Atkins. I did SB Phase I a few weeks back and did good on it. After Phase I though things fell apart. So atkins here I come.

Nikki

beach bum
04-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Sorry I was MIA yesterday I had alot to do,before Easter Sunday,and now
we're having a very damp day ahead of us, will 2 " of rain expected this afternoon. A good day to stay home,but I have to go out for Holy Week choir rehearsals.

Scale hasn't moved,don't know if thats good sign,I really like to have some kind of lose on the closing of the lenten challenge.Well heres to April Challenge.

Lily-You must take it easy when working in your garden. That hard work to keep the flower beds cleaned from all the weeds. Sending some[[[[healing vibes]]]]] you way. Yikes I hate snakes,and bugs they give me the willies. See I'm not a country gal.Good Luck coming back to Atkins WOE,Can't believe is so hard to maintain when your are on maintenance.,and thought it was scarry just to get down to goal. I guess theres not magic bullet is there.I think that might be the key,protein vs bread. I don't eat bread,I have more protein and veggies on my plate. I doing fine now that I tried it that way.

Getup-Big congrats on your 4 lbs weight loss.You did great,any lose is wonderful. Scale has a tendency to scare,I'm the same way also.

Jae-That wonderufl that you can start your veggie gardens that early.We have to wait until the end of May,as we still can get frost up here.I used to use fitday,but I now I have a printout that I got from the Atkins carb count that I found on the Atkins web site.Good got your short term goals. You'll make that ten pound goal in no time.

Laurie-We all have bad days with pizza and bread,happy that you got back OP and your lost again. Wish We could have this products,but some of us can't,if we want to lose.

Puncezilla-I was MIA also always have lot to do when I holiday arrives. I staying away from candy & chocolates this year.I learned from last year, Yes old dog can learn new tricks.I had S/F jelly beans and chocolate bunnies and I thought I would be safe from the scale. S/F anything has calories and sugar alcohols and thats a NONO for any dieter. The only dessert we're going to have is berries with cool whip.

ILoveMike-Congrats on your 1lb. that one less you have to worry about of this holiday weekend.That a great walk 2.5 miles. Wish I could walk but the weather is not co-operating lately.

Nikki-Welcome to the board,I was on the SB but I switched to Atkins too many carbs going into Phase 2. gaine everything back that I lost in Phase 1. Here will GRADUALLY add carb back 5 grams at a time and its better then just bring the good carbs back all at once.

Have to go,

Nikki128
04-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Beach Bum I think I remember seeing you over on the SB boards. Good to see you again. How have you been doing on Atkins?

Nikki

lilybelle
04-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone. Today will be a restart of induction. I ended up with 24 carbs yesterday (which wasn't too awfully bad). We went out to dinner last night and I didn't realize the red peppers and bell peppers had so much carbs and the brocolli. I was trying to stay on plan. Had total of 1700 cal's so that should have been OK with this WOE.

As for the SF candy, even though it's low-carb, it's packs a lot of cals. I had a serving of the mini SF reeses. I put them in Fitday and though the package says 170 cal's, Fitday said 319 cal's. Big difference. I used to eat them by the bag full during my maintenance period. No wonder I was having trouble maintaining. I'm not gonna eat ANY candy now.

My DD found a lovely prom dress last night after we went to every store in the mall. I went to Penney's and got fitted for the proper bra's. I'm excited to finally have some that fit right.

It's to the garden for planting squash and corn today. Hope everyone has a great day.

lady_adnerb
04-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Sorry for not having checked in yesterday. It was a busy day. The DD's have off from school this week...so I've been having them help me with cleaning the house. The kitchen (and their rooms--but I'm not touching those) is the last one to have to be cleaned. Then it'll be nice for Easter. I'm actually worried about Easter. The scale was down 2 pounds this morning and it was an awesome thing to see. But I know I won't be OP on Easter...so there goes the 2. But I'm hoping that after Easter I can drop the 2 pounds...and more! I'm also hoping that now that the living room is done I have room to stretch out and maybe get some exercise in. I've told myself I can't have any cappuccino until I've had 2 glasses of water. Maybe that'll help me get some of it in. Well, we got snow and wind last night, so I've got to go check DH's boat (make sure it didn't blow away). Have a great day ladies :)

Nikki128
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Lily- I noticed the same thing about SF candy. I buy 82% cocoa bars and eat 1/4 the serving size< 1 square> when I crave candy. The 1 square has 1-2 carbs depending on the brand. It is enough to satisfy my cravings for the most part and I think it is only 30 calories or so.

Nikki

carolr3639
04-04-2007, 11:30 AM
I was checking the nutrition info on sugar free candy and was really surprised that sugar free does not mean carb free. Most Atkins bars you can trust as they put the net carbs right on the front. I don't follow Atkins per se but I do buy some of the products.

lilybelle
04-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I just had a south beach breakfast bar. It says 210 calories. When I put it in Fitday it says 339 calories. Net carbs should equal 3 after the alcohol and fiber removed. I'm just not gonna trust any of this junk anymore. Even though I'm trying to do Atkins, I'm still watching cal's and trying not to go over 1800 per day. I think all the carbs was causing me trouble with maintenance more so than my calorie amt.

Brenda, that sounds like really cold weather. It's nice here now and I'm getting so much done outside. I love the Springtime.

beach bum
04-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Nikki:)

I like the Atkins better than the south beach. Once you out of induction you addd the carbs back 5 grams at a time.Starting with more veggies. In the Beach you get out of Phase 1 and add fruit & cereal which has alot of carbs.In Phase 2 I Gained back what I lost in Phase 1 just by adding to many carbs My doctor told me that I was carb sensitive,and suggested that I switch from SB to Atkins. I would have been a goal by now but going on an 40th Anniversary Cruise to Hawaii last Nov. I gained 10 lbs,and now it coming off slowly again.

Did you have the same problem on the SB as I did. Glad to see you here also.

Nikki128
04-04-2007, 12:48 PM
BB - I did not gain back the weight from Phase I . However, I have not lost since. My body seems to get stuck art 160. I am hoping Atkins kicks me down below that. I felt so energetric on SB 1. I am hoping that I feel the same on Atkins.

Nikki

LadyJulieAnn
04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Hello All,

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I'm still sticking to the plan (Atkins) fairly well (a week and 2 days), although I am not doing perfect induction eating. I can tell my clothes fitting slightly better, but the biggest change is in my energy with walking and moving in general.

Getup: I can understand where you are coming from with getting discouraged with the scale. I really have to focus on the other benefits I am getting from this way of eating. Losing 4 pounds is great, so congrats on that. One thing that has kept things in perspective for me is reading other success stories and seeing how long it has taken them to lose their weight. It helps me understand that I can't expect to lose 80 pounds in a week or even a month! :-) Hang in there and know that you are doing something better for your body and health overall.

Have a good Thursday everyone!

Julie

lilybelle
04-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Hi everyone, I got my corn and squash all planted today. Plus got 9 hedges planted and 5 more still to plant. Bought a bunch of marigolds to plant near my little decorative well house. Now that almost everything is planted, it's supposed to freeze tomorrow night. I must be quite a lousy farmer, LOL. I'm gonna cover my bell pepper and tomato plants to try to keep them from freezing. Dang it.

My re-start of induction didn't work today either. My 14 yr. old SD is here for her spring break. Her constant snacking had me munching junk before this day was done.

jaesueray
04-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Morning everyone!!
today is my last day to work this week....love a 3 day weekend. :carrot: :carrot:

It is cold here this morning...45, then it will drop to freezing..i will be out there covering my plants too, right along with lilybelle:)

Hope to see my grandson for a while tommarrow, he is growing so fast and getting so big..he is 7 months old now and changing every day...

I am pretty proud of myself this week! Ive not done perfect, but more importantly, Im not caving in when i dont do perfect, make sense? I am eating better than i have in months, i feel more energy, my knee isnt hurting and i have resolve....everyone have a great day and a wonderful Easter!!

Jae:hug:

lilybelle
04-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Jae, it's 40 degrees here with a low expected of 29 tonite. Guess we better get our plants covered.

So far, so good. I'm back on track this morning. Like Jae, my eating isn't perfect, but I do have the resolve to not give up.

Nikki128
04-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Jae- congrats on keeping things going.

Lily-You are a motivation to me. I have seen your story on goals many times. I think it is awesome you are still at it.

I am on day 3 of eating better so far so good :)

beach bum
04-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Don't know if I told you the results of my test on last Friday. I have the BIG O [ Osteoporsis & Osteopenia]

The doctor put me on Actonel. Don't know too much about it,so I have to look up on the web. I have both of them. Big O in my forearm & hip and penia in my spine[lower back]. . The doctor gave me 3 choices Actonel[1 pill per week] and other pill[ every day] a nasil spray and the last whenit very bad a injection. I took the first.I understand they are tricky.Some one on another board posted that I shouldn't bend after taking the pill,another one told me my to sit too long either as they might make me dizzy.I'm going to start my pills on Sunday.Have to read up on them.

Will be back later

Nikki128
04-05-2007, 02:20 PM
BB-

Good luck with the pills BB. I usually try not to look at the warning associated with pills because then I worry about them so much.

Nikki

lilybelle
04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
BB, I hope the pills can help you. Sorry to hear that you have the Big O. Hopefully you won't have to have the injections. Keep us informed of how you are doing.

Nikki, thanks for the support. I plan to always Be at This.

Nikki128
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I suppose that is the only way to do it Lily :)

lady_adnerb
04-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Why is it, when the scale goes down, I sabotage myself...when the scale doesn't move, I sabotage myself. It's a no-win situation! I'm going to do my best to hold my own, then restarting on Monday. Then I won't have to beat myself up if I don't stay OP for Easter. GRR

jaesueray
04-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Good morning ladies!

What a diference a day makes...its 38 and windy here this morning, very wintery. I talked myself out of buy some off plan foods yesterday, i was hungry and groc shopping,,,bad combo, but i didnt let the "bad" voices in my head take over..that was really big for me, huge matter of fact.:D

My groc store had cream cheese 3/100 so im gonna try cooking one of the many cheese cake reciepes today. My grandson will be over later as well, so all in all nothing big planned, just a nice day off. maybe me and hubby can catch a movie later.

Niki - congrats on day 3! and thanks for the support.

lillybelle - you have done such a fantastic job with your weight loss, WTG!..didnt get those plants covered up, good thing they were cheap;)

beach bum - sorry about the diagosis, but good that the doc has given you some choices in your treatment.:hug:

ladya - a fresh start always gives me a new perspective, dont beat yourself up, k?

Have a good day!!
Jae

Leenie
04-06-2007, 07:54 AM
:wave: Hi girlies, just popping in to say hello and Happy Good Friday.

Nikki128
04-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Jae- Let us know how the cheese cake comes out.

Leenie- Happy Good Friday to you too.

Do any of you know if crystal light is ok on Atkins? I drink between 32-96 ounces of water a day depending if I have to sit in class. If I have class I can't go to the bathroom as much as I would ned to drinking 96 ounces. Anyway, like to have crystal light with my dinner. Do you think that wll be ok? I went shoping yesterday and got meats, cheeses, and veggies so I am ready for Monday when I go atkins :)

thanks,
Nikki

beach bum
04-06-2007, 09:14 AM

W-I this AM and I maintained,was really looking for a loss but it didn't happen. Hope I can put a dent in the numbers the scale is dishing out.

I have been low carbing between-24-29grm this week and I believe I have to bring them to a little higher range of 30-34 grams..Lost when I was hanging around the 30;s than I have with the 20's.

Changed my date for taking my new meds from Sunday to Mon. I was thinking if the side effects are that bad Mon the doctors office is opened compare to with the weekends.

Nikki-Thanks:thanks: I hope along with the side effects one of them is weight gain.

Lily-Thanks:thanks: for your support. I hate :devil: taking meds I rather have the natural stuff,but if it works that all it matters.

Brenda-Please don't beat:frypan: yourself up,we've all been there.Sending your cyper hugs:hug: I still trying to figure out how many carbs I should have in a day. I was in a Lenten:easter: Challenge on another board and I was doing so good lost 3 lbs and than gained it back by add too few carbs. I now going to play with a higher range and see what happens.

Jae-Its hard to decide what your really want at any holiday. I going to make a traditional German Dinner for Easter:bunny:but going to stay away from the candy this year,even the sugar free. For dessert I'm going to serve berries & cool whip. Have you cheese cake and when Easter is over go back OP. I can't believe how cold we're having up here on the Cape. The wind is blowing don't think I will be walking in this,until it subsides a little. Thanks for your support, I have a wonderful doctor that always listen to me,and he thinks this was the best choice.

Leenie-Thanks:thanks: for the greeting,and thank the moderator that added the Easter Smilies and the others I looked though them this morning and it put a smile:) to my face. Thanks

Have a great morning,will post this afternoon

lilybelle
04-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone, It is in the 30's here. I am freezing and my heater is back on. I did go out and cover my tomato and bell pepper plants last night. I hope they will be OK.

We went to a fish buffet place last night, needless to say, my eating wasn't totally OP , but could have done a lot worse than I did. So, back to plan today and back to exercise.

beach bum
04-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Sun is :sunny:shining,but not for long its going to get cold :brr: and we're heading in a snow/rain mix this afternoon and heading right into the evening and than at night. Don't think I going for church servcies tonight. Don't like to drive in the night along with icy roads.

I should have had my W-I today instead of yesterday,I down the [[3 lbs ]]that I gained.So I lost 3 lbs on the Lenten Challenge. Finally my ticker is reading correctly.Now my new April Challenge will begin at next Saturdays W-I.

Changing my W-I day again,as I decided to take the Actonel on Monday,as I want it to be far away from my W-I day as possible,just in case I gain weight on this medicine.

Nikki128
04-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Way to go BB:)

lilybelle
04-07-2007, 12:13 PM
BB, WTG on that 3 lbs. , that is fantastic.

I'm afraid of a rash that has started on my left hip bone. It is red, raised and blistery and downright painful for my clothes to touch it. Very afraid it is Shingles. I'm trying to just wait and see how it goes over the weekend and see my Dr. on Monday if it continues. I may need an increase in my prednisone again. Last night I wanted to walk on treadmill, but this rash and left hip was hurting too much to walk.

It is so cold here too. Dipped into the 20's last night.

jaesueray
04-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Happy Easter all!!
Its cold here this morning!! 30, i cant hardly believe it..it got into the 20s last nite. My garden looks okay so far, i will just keep my fingers crossed on that one.

Ive done well this weekend with my food. Its difficult when youre used to food as a entertainment. me and hubby usually go out to eat 2-3 times on the weekends. But since weve started lowcarbing, weve really cut it down alot. If this thing is gonna work, we really must change our lifestyle. we have to do things that arent food related as entertainment. it makes me kinda sad, that sounds weired doenst it? food has got me thru lots of crisises in my life and giving it up, feels like the death of a friend...told ya it was weird! i know i will grieve this death, but out of the ashes will come a better life and health for me and hubby.

Thanks for putting up with me, its nice to have a "home".

Jae

beach bum
04-08-2007, 09:04 AM
:bunny2:HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES :bunny2:

Its :brr:COLD :brr: up here Going to wear a heavy sweater and slacks as my Easter Outfit this morning. Luckily we didn't get snow.

Have to get ready for church

Have a wonderful Easter,and don't EAT too much
as W-I is just around the corner

lilybelle
04-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Jae, it was in the 20's last night here. I'm afraid I'll lose some of my tomato plants that aren't looking too great. I had them covered but it didn't help.

I'm once again back on plan today. Hopefully I can stay this way.

Puncezilla
04-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Good morning & Happy Easter.
Good luck to everyone staying OP over Easter! My companys gone now and I managed to stay OP! I haven't been using my fitday but just estimating, I'll be at my parents place for 3 weeks and they don't have highspeed Internet so I'll have to try to stay OP without it while I'm there. Hopefully I will be able to check in once and a while to help me stay motivated. I'm a little stressed about it, they eat a lot of food I can't eat b/c of my ceiliac's, so I always have to fend for myself and the LCing will make it even harder. I'm sure there will be a lot of temptations. My sisters and neices and nephew will be there too and they all eat a lot of junk.
I'v been noticing a big differance on the days I manage to get all my water in, the scale always goes down. I wasen't very good with the water for most of the week and my weight stayed the same till yesterday I drank a lot of water and this morning I was down a few lbs again, seems like the scale only moves when I drink a lot.
I'll try and come back and chat later, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

beach bum
04-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi :)I'm Back on the Board. Went to church for Easter Services and than home,for a OP lunch. No goodies this year like I did in the past. I really like to keep this weight down now that I lost my 3lb on the Lenten Challenge. Thanks :thanks:LILY and NIKKI , I worked hard for that weight to finally drop.

Tonight we're having a German Traditional Saurbratten and all of its trimmings,red cabbage,spetzel[pasta] and gravy.

Puncezilla-Big congrats:cheers: on staying OP it very hard with all the goodies & junk foods out there to stay that way. Good Luck:goodluck: at your parent house. Sometimes it get harder to eat right at someone elses house. I know for one, my DD is not low carb friendly at all.She buys bagels & rolls for us to eat for sandwiches & I always have to remind her that I don't eat bread.

Have to go.Have a wonderful :bunny2: Easter

Hugs:) BB

lilybelle
04-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Puncezilla, thanks for the reminder about the water. I need to start drinking more water again. That is for sure.

BB, Hi.

I have managed to stay with my program today and exercise both. So, a great day for me. We didn't do anything special for Easter as DH and SD were both gone and I didn't have my vehicle. My DD is doing Atkins (again) and she helps me keep my carbs to a minimum.

jaesueray
04-09-2007, 05:55 AM
All pf my plants are dead..:( :(

My mother was kind enough to remind me that I broke the cardinal rule of gardening for the south...never plant before Easter, because there is always one more cold snap, not quite this cold, but never the less, a risk....back to the drawing board....gotta have my coffee this morning:coffee:

My baby grandson spent the night sat nite with me and DH, he is such a good baby and getting so big. love that little stinker..

Best news of all, down 3 pounds this week!!:carrot: :cp: :hat: :dancer: i will be at my first mini goal in no time...

lilybelle - hope your garden did better than mine!:^:
bb - good job staying on plan for Easter :carrot:
Puncezilla -:cp: good job staying on plan as well as drinking the water, i needed that reminder today:o

:hug: :hug: :hug: for all my girlies....Jae

beach bum
04-09-2007, 10:00 AM

Hope everyone had a :bunny:Happy Easter:bunny:, We did,it was quite,just the two of us. We watch The "Masters" and we were hoping Tiger Woods would have come in first,but we were pleased to see some one new that received the title.

We had our Traditional German :hun: Saurbratten with all the fixings. This morning I took my first Actonel Tablet for the Big "O" and it wasn't as bad as the I thought it was going to be.Hope that they'll work and by the next done density test my bones will be healthy again.

Lily-Happy:carrot: you stayed OP,I did also,but not 100% had Spetzel[German Pasta] to soak up the delicous gravy.

Jae-Congrats :congrat: on your 3 lb loss. You're doing fantastic on this Holiday weekend.I know what you me with baby:bb:grandchildren. Mine are 6yrs 5 yrs and 3 yrs old. No more babies anymore.