Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile Alternachick chat - April 2007

Good day everyone!

I feel like I am emerging from my winter cocoon today -

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday - just gorgeous! and you really felt spring in the air.

I had a pretty restful weekend which is good because my week is going to be pretty busy.

DH and I had a nice steak dinner at home with a gorgeous salad of leaf lettuce, spring mix, tomatoes, cheese and raw broccoli - I haven't had salad for a while and it tasted so good!

We watched the movie Cranked which was pretty good. I liked how it was shot but it was really violent and probably not everyone's cup of tea. We also watched a bad horror movie called "Spliced" about a girl who is obsessed with horror movies and after seeing one all her wishes start to come true (bad things only) and it seems she is being stalked by a character from the movie. I saw the ending coming about 1 hour into the film so it came as no surprise. Silly teen slasher movie!

Hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Quick fly by - I am around, but with an ear infection which has made me cranky and sleepy. Not much going on other then that.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #3  

Hey Squeaker!

Hope your are getting better!

Well the week has gone by pretty fast and I am looking forward to the long weekend. I get both Friday and Monday off so I am going to work on my house to get caught up on laundry and housework for 2 days. The last 2 days will be devoted to putting my feet up and reading or watching movies.

I might have a "ME" day on Monday since DH has to work that day. I have a home spa kit - spa therapy bath gizmo, face steamer, foot soak/massager so I may spend the day pampering myselg with a soak, facial, pedicure, manicure and hair repair mask.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone. I know I haven't posted in a while, I just don't know where the time is going. I've been traveling quite a bit for work and my schedule is all off. I've really been slacking in the diet and exercise department. I can come up with way too many excuses when on the road.

April looks to be a little better, but with spring in full force down here I seem to be spending every extra minute on yard work. In the last 3 weeks we've had a section of fence blow down, the sprinkler system sprung a leak, and the yard populated with every weed immaginable. At least the good thing is that doing yard work appears to burn a lot of calories.

Mauv - enjoy your time off. I don't get Friday or Monday off, you are so lucky.

Squeaker - Hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #5  

Hi Spideranne! Good to hear from you.

I've been doing okay food wise. Today we had a party at work but I stuck to mostly vegetarian selections and I walked home (35 minutes) so ended up working it off.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #6  
Cute & Fluffy

Hello Chicks!

I am here, still with the ear ache that refuses to quickly go away. It is getting better, but still around.

Nothing exciting going on here. Had a quiet Easter. The boy & I colored eggs that morning. We played catch, which I really never played much. As it turns out I am decent at throwing the ball, and ratehr scared of catching the ball. I tend to flinch or duck or close my eyes. I started to do better, but then got hit with the ball. I completely misjudged where the ball was going and moved a bit too close to it. That was it. I was done for the day. I now have a bit of a bruise but, it was actually fun until I managed to hurt myself. Easter dinner was burgers, and salad - mostly due to the fact neither of us really wanted to cook much.

Other then that, not much going on.

Hope all is well!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #7  
Cute & Fluffy

Hello Chicks!

Checking in again. I am going to try to do that more often.

Nothing much exciting going on. At the last minute the boy decided to have a few friends over to play Magic (the card game). The house wasn't that bad, so cleaning up for it was easy... As long a no one went upstairs.

This weekend we are thinking of going to Disneyland or California Adventure. I am also looking into a few weekend getaway trips. I was thinking Santa Barbara or San Diego. We were thinking of going to Morocco for a friends wedding, but I don't think that is gonna happen, mostly due to lack of time & $$$$.

What is everyone else up to?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #8  

Hi Squeaker!

I've been busy with work this week. I"m doing pretty good getting my walking in too.

We had another blast of winter here today with rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all at some point or other. Still dreaming of my garden . . . sigh . ..

We went to see Grindhouse last Saturday and 8 out of the 10 people we went with enjoyed it, including me and DH. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea but if you like ridiculous b movie-inspired zombie action flicks and 70's serial killer flicks that have slow pacing then you will probably have fun with it.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #9  

Hi All

Grindhouse....is that the movie with Naveen Andrews of LOST in it?

We have the sun shining bright here in Norway....too bright lol I still enjoy the rain.

I've recently upped my exercise - doing WATP 5 miles a day and riding the exercise bike I bought anywhere from 5 to 10 miles a day.
Its time to get this cocoon of fat melting and release the beautiful butterfly within!

Old 04-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone.

What is it about a new haircut that makes you feel like you can conquer the world. I cut off a few inches and got some bangs and I feel like a new woman.

Lady Hawke - Way to go on the exercise. That's awesome.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #11  

lady hawke - yes it is the movie with the lovely to look at Naveen Andrews.
The other lovely bit of eye candy in the film is Freddie Rodriguez - some of you might remember as the embalmer in the HBO show Six Feet Under.

Spideranne - I am with you on the hair cut! I feel like that when I get my hair cut too!

I just realized on Friday what a geek I am. I was talking to someone at work about a co-worker who might be leaving and I was mentioning how great she was and how much she knows about the job and programs. I then suggested that someone would have to do a Vulcan mind-meld on her before she left so that the other people would have her knowledge after she was gone and the department wouldn't fall apart. My co-worker looked at me like I was nuts until I explained that you would be sucking all of the knowledge from one brain to another.

Am I that much of a dork? I thought everyone knew what a Vulcan mind-meld was!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

hahahaha. I know what you mean. Right now I am working on a cross stitch project, and it's a Hello Cthulu (part Hello Kitty and part Cthulu) and I just think it's the most hysterical thing ever - but then I have to try to explain it to anyone else and the magic is lost somehow.

Also, I went out to dinner last night with all of my hubby's role playing friends and they were all talking geekery and even I couldn't keep up - they were weirding out the people around us though.

Not much going on here, work has been taking so much out of me I can't even find the will to clean up my house, much less exercise. Just the change in the way I eat has kept me losing some though, so I'm not too stressed about that right now. Too much other stuff to stress about.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #13  

lizziness - I often wonder what people think when they see our station wagon with the Cthulu symbol on it. It is in the shape of the silver Christian fish symbol you see on some people's cars but it has tentacles and says
Cthulu in the middle of it. It is just below our Strongbad sticker.

I love the idea of your cross-stitch project!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #14  
Cute & Fluffy

I am around, just not very exciting. Not much of anything to report. I just started reading another Jodi Picoult novel (I am hooked), and a few from the Shopaholic series. I think we are heading to Disneyland on Saturday, as long as the weather holds up. Other then that, really not much going on.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:50 PM   #15  

Not much going on with me either. TGIF tomorrow!

Had a pretty good week at work. I'm still enjoying my job and I'm getting trained on some new things next week.

I did some spring cleaning and donated two bags of clothes to a local charity.
Closed Thread