LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

SaskNewfie
04-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Happy April Fools!! Wow, I am the first post...

Has anyone played any good tricks today?

KrispieD
04-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Oops my April Fool was posting in the March thread so I've repasted below..
For my joke I'm going to eat 2lbs of wings and still lose tomorrow at WI!!

Welcome back Debbie.. we MISSED you! So glad to know you will be back and sharing your stories.. way to go on recommiting and doing your best to make great choices.. you go!
Hope you all have a great day. I'm off to shotgun some aspirin after a 45 minute screaming tantrum from YD (notice I left out the D for darling/dear)... the two girls have been alternating tantrums this week and I am ready for the nuthouse.. if you are looking for me I'll be locked in a rubber room, rocking back and forth and humming :)
Joni. can I still trade you for two dogs?

Wendelina
04-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Happy April Everyone! Let's make it a great month - spring is a time for renewals!

You asked about pranks Kristen -- This morning I played a prank on my brother and duct taped a pair of his own underwear over his rear license plate. He has driven all over town and not noticed yet. :D This is how we operate though. Last year he bubble wrapped my car-- the entire inside! I didn't have time to undo it so I had to drive to work that way.. lol. The year before that I took everything he owned out of his bedroom and loaded it into his car with the exception of his furniture. We'll see if he has time to retailiate this year. :devil:

I really did a number on myself on Friday night.. I lost 1.8, but then went out with friends and had a few too many vodkas! I spent most of yesterday hurling. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson in college, wouldn't ya? Today's much better though. April fools on myself! :dizzy:

Off to shower and get the kids out of the house for a while.. probably will go see Blades of Glory today.

Happy April Fools Day!

Celtic24
04-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Greetings Losers and Friends.

I have been reading the boards for several months and on the program since January. I enjoy the support, and am ready to take it to the next level. My successes have been slow, at least slower than I want, but I am down about 15 pounds and thrilled with the way my clothes are feeling. I discovered that I was not getting all of my food in, and seldom got two lite in a day, and it really slowed my losses. My losses have been consistent since I am keeping track.

I have an objective of losing ten pounds this month. I hope I can do it. DH and I are going to Manhattan at the end of the month for a romantic getaway.

Could someone please email me privaately, to guide me through tickers and such. I am having some problems getting them to work, and do not want to tie up this board with the mundane.

I am 40, and have a goal of losing 40 pounds by my next birthday!

Thank you to all of you for providing such a positive attitude on this journey.

Happy APRIL from Sunny Nova Scotia!

Peg

Joni135
04-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Kristen - what did YOU do to my darlings to make them throw a tantrum? My poor little ones! LOL. Hope the aspirin did the trick.

OMG Wendy....can't wait to hear what your brother has to say when he finds out what you've done. That is classic and I may have to remember that for next year. LOL, I just read your location "tropical Minnesota!" Very funny. Also, I just tried to go to the 3FC diet blog (as shown under your avatar) and it says it doesn't exist.

Peg/Celtic - if you go to this newbies thread, I think it will help quite a bit.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537

Another entry for ticker information is
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94190&highlight=Ticker

okay - i'm going to fix my tickers and add an exercise ticker and try to get myself in gear...New month! New resolve!

Jason - I'm impressed to see that you started the new month. WTG!

Debbie367
04-01-2007, 04:44 PM
I posted in the March thread..duh! I have copied and pasted below.

Hello my long lost friends and all you newbies!!!!!

Boy have I missed you guys . Life has been super crazy over the last month, I have been traveling non-stop and struggled with staying on the plan. I tried to make good choices and have managed to not gain all the weight back
My account has been on hold for the last month, I went to the COD last week and told them I was ready to recommitt 110% and did NOT want to hear any negative comments (for those of you who don't know me I am a tad bossy! LOL). Amazingly, the counselors were very supportive and totally pumped me up. I went on Express for 2 days and lost 3lbs so I am almost back to where I had left off!!!

I am so happy to be home and back into my routine and feel that I am mentally in the game. I am weighing out portions and trying my very best to stay POP.

Congratulations to all of you for hanging in there and for all your support.
While I still have to travel for work I am committed to staying on the plan and MAKING it work!!! I just celebrated the big 40 and for some strange reason (big smile) I am more motivated than ever!!!

I can't wait to tell you guys about my travels but will save it for another post.

Big hugs to all!!!!!!!

Debbie

Debbie367
04-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the warm welcom Kristen! I am sorry to hear you are having a rough day. I will check the rubber room shortly. Congratulations on your WL. I leave for a bit and you whittle away...sheesh!

Wendy II - Your pranks are hilarious. I wonder if anyone has been honking at your brother? Hope you've recovered from your hangover.

Peg - Congrats for losing 15lbs! I can relate to your post, as I was not getting all my food in and started shying away from measuring portions etc. I travel for work and for the last month have pretty much been gone. I just turned 40 and am determined to get the weight off too!!! We can do this together...I know that following the plan works and that is EXACTLY what I am going to do! Feel free to PM me anytime otherwise I will see you on the board! Good luck!

Joni135
04-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey Debbie Nashville...welcome back. Lots of us still around, except Pearl...she's MIA.

I hardly ever go to the main 3FC site, but popped over there and saw they are taking a poll on a 3FC cruise....check it out:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/index.php

Barb316
04-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Miss me? LOL....

So, since this is a new month I thought I would try something new and recommit myself to the program. I went to the store and bought some POP items and I will do it again...

Love to you all
Barb

Bajachick3
04-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Oldies...Kristie, Joni, Barb and newbies...alll great here...This exercise is really helping....plus a little tan helps also. I have to have exercise each day...

my husband and I joined a large health club here...Has pool and spa facilities..so it is real fun..We work out about a hour..and then meet up a half an hour later after we go to the spa, sauna and pool...nice and motivating...Some gals have some great arms there....and mine still like the light of day now...exercise really helps, thats for sure...

You all keep up the good work. this old broadie feels pretty good.....hee hee nance

Bajachick3
04-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Kristie..you are ripping on the wt. loss...nance....and Dan and Barb and Joni and newbies...wow

Barb316
04-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I am happy I recommitted myself. i just have this fear I am going to fail again... I will try not to, I have to do this!

KrispieD
04-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh Barb and Nance are back along with Debbie.. YEAHHHHHH
I've been tantrum free for 7 hours.. it is bliss.. one hour to go before bedtime and I can let myself out of th rubber room!
Joni the only thing I did was give birth to them! I tried to put them up for sale on Ebay but apparently that is frowned upon.. Lites are okay..children are not!

Love to you all!

Seagal
04-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Barb...you only fail when you give up. I think a lot of us are in the same boat here...have been battling the pounds for a long time. But look at the success of some of your fellow LAWL bloggers. Evette comes to mind. Wow. You can't lose it if you stop trying so just take that first step back and keep going!

Joni135
04-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Barb - I, too, have to get on the bandwagon. I updated my ticker to reflect my latest weight....not a pretty site and just plain stupid. But, I'm very conscious of my bad ways and know my day will come. My pants are snug and not so comfy and seeing the scale move off the 50s was not a pretty site.

Nance - thanks for checking in. You and your hubby sound like you have a lot of fun together. Really sweet. And an hour at the gym is just what all the doctor's order!

Kristen - you don't fool me one bit....you are probably the most awesome mom and your girls are just testing you; you know, prepping you for the dating years.

A couple weeks ago our Sunday paper had an excellent article that talked about how we can stop the normal aging process ... you guessed it; by exercise.

The hard reality of our biology is that we are built to move. Exercise is the master signaling system that tells our cells to grow instead of fade. When we exercise, that process of growth spreads throughout every cell in our bodies, making us functionally younger. Not a little bit younger - a lot younger. When you don't exercise, your muscles let out a steady trickle of chemicals that tell evey cell to decay, day after day after day.

Your body is made up of trillions of cells that live mostly for a few weeks or months, die and are replaced by new cells in an endless cycle. For example, tast buds live only a few hours, white blood cells live 10 days and your muscle cells live about 3 months. Even your bones dissolve and are replaced over and over again. A few key stem cells in eah organ and your brain cells are tehe only ones that stick around for the duration. All your other cells are in constant state of renewal. You replace about 1% of your cells every day and we choose whether those new cells come in stronger or weaker. You choose whethey they grow or decay each day from then on. Your cells don't care which choice youmake. They just follow the directions you send. Exercise, and your cells get strong; sit down, and they decay.

mamato2girls
04-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Happy April, everyone!! It's been a great weekend. The wedding went well yesterday, and I got many compliments on my singing. Some even said I should be on American Idol, but alas, I'm too old. :( Also, I was VERY good at the reception. I saved 2 starches and a fat so that I could have cake. And then I just had veggies, fruit, and a few cubes of cheese. I didn't go over on ANY exchanges yesterday! Also, I had to get the fruit from right next to a chocolate fountain, and I didn't get ANY. Yay me!! Oh, and for those of you concerned about my pants falling off, I went out and bought smaller pants today. I was SO very excited at what size I was able to fit in, too.I just wish I could have bought some of the cute tops they had in the Jr's section to go with them. But, I guess Jr's don't have flabby arms and big boobs. :)

Barb - Welcome back!! Was wondering where you'd been hiding.

WendyII - LOL!! Love the pranks. I've never been much of a prankster, but I love hearing about others.

Well, no time for more personals...need to spend some time with the girls before bed. A big "hey" to Kristin, Jason, Debbie, Vic, Peg, Joni, Nance, and everyone else I may have missed.

JLem311
04-01-2007, 07:52 PM
hi everyone. not much going on today. just kinda in a blah mood today.
i haven't strayed off plan today, but i haven't eaten anything but some strawberries and yogurt today. i just don't feel like eating. hmm. oh well.

hey barb! good to "see" you! how've ya been doing this past month?

not much else to report really. went to WI yesterday and lost 3.2lbs for the whole week! :) other than that, not much else.
enjoy the evening everyone.

mamato2girls
04-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Jillian - WTG on the 3.2 lbs!! I've never dropped that many in one week...even after doing TO.

Debbie367
04-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Jillian- Congrats on your 3lb loss, that's awesome!!!!!

Joni- It's so good to see you again! In my opinion, it's a new month and a new committment. I am really dedicating myself to weighing and measuring each portion. I am also committing to walking M-Fri. I wonder what happened to Pearl? This board isn't the same without her, I'm sure!

Wendy- Congrats for going out and buying new clothes AND for even looking at the Jr's section...you are brave!!!

WB Barb- I am just making it back to the board myself and am ready for the challenge...WE CAN DO IT!

Mama Nicole
04-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Well hello Nance and Nashville Debbie!!! So good to see you both. It is always so great to see familiar faces :) :) :)

Wendy.......congrats on your NSV's......the resisting wedding food is fabulous!!! You can taste goal, can't you? I think it truly empowers us when we start getting close. I am so happy for you :)

WendyII........you remind me of my older brother. You two would have been quite the couple.........he is ALWAYS pulling pranks on people. I swear, he must lost sleep at night thinking of what he might do next.

Joni.......could you move a little closer to sunny St. Louis so you can be my personal trainer. I really need you................c'mon........just think about it :)

Kristen........sooo sorry about the tantrums. I just love how you phrase things.........it always makes me laugh. We are definitely doing coffee before we die. :)

Jillian.......what's wrong girlie? You lost 3.2 lbs this week. It's time to celebrate :)

Speaking of strawberries..........DH and I planted a small strawberry patch in our back yard today.........and I am afraid we planted them too late.......but we'll see what happens. I am soo excited.....I love gardening.

I have managed to have another OP day........and that is like a small miracle for this girl lately. I think that makes 5 in a row........or something like that. I hope the sclae reflects it tomorrow.

Ok, I am going to go take a shower and chill for a few with DH and then get some much needed sleep :)
XOXO

Wendelina
04-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, the prank got even better.. my brother discovered his underpants when he finally arrived at work after driving around town all day. He took them off of his car and brought them IN to work... then while he was on a break, one of his coworkers went out and put them back on his car! Too funny!

Welcome to Peg -- this plan works, keep up the great work!

Welcome back Barb & Debbie!! You only fail if you give up trying.

Wendy - congrats on the smaller pants! Great job at your wedding too. I wouldn't have been able to resist the chocolate fountain.

Debster- Thanks for the recipe book.. great job!

Jillian - Wow.. 3.2?? That's wonderful!

Hellos to Kristen, Nance, and the rest of the crew..

SaskNewfie
04-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Jason - I'm impressed to see that you started the new month. WTG!

Now, if only my wife was as easily impressed!

katiebug77
04-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say good morning everyone. It sounds like you all had a great weekend!!!

Wendy - LOL on your april fool's prank!!! I totally forgort about it being April Fool's yesterday. I did something similar to that in college, only a put a maxi pad on my guy roommate's lisence plate. He drove around like that for a day and a half. It was great.

Jillian - WTG on your loss!!!!

Wendy - Great job on resisting temptation at the reception. You did better than I would have. LOVE the chocolate fountains!! Yummy.

Kristen - hope today goes better with DYD!!!

Nicole - 5 POP days in a row??? That is awesome!!!! Your strawberry patch sounds great.

OK, time to get some work done.

Joni135
04-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Jillian - awesome on the 3.2 lbs. Now just get past the blahs and you'll be okay.

Nicole - Five POP days........you know the scale is going to be nice to you.

Just read this and thought it was cute, but, regretfully, sounds like something I could have written.

"If you lick the lollipop of mediocrity, you'll suck forever."

Hi to everyone. Cassi - hope you are on the mend.

JLem311
04-02-2007, 08:19 AM
morning everyone! i have to work later today, so i have the morning to myself. i'm going to get a workout in shortly.
nicole-your strawberry patch sounds great! i love strawberries..it's my favorite thing to eat! we used to have a gigantic patch when i was a kid. and 5 day OP in a row! FREAKIN' AWESOME!

good job at the wedding wendy and also for getting smaller pants!

KrispieD
04-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Quick hi everyone as renovations in the house start today, YDD is sick with a cold so the school sent her home so we raced her over to nanny's.. didn't think dust and hammering would get her better.
Down .2 so now getting within ounces of goal!
Hope you all have a super day!

katiebug77
04-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Woohoo, Kristen!!! You'll be there by the end of this week, I know it!!!

Angie
04-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Morning all! Sounds like lots of good news this morning, and I can add my own. I have FINALLY had a significant loss, and it looks like my FF this weekend paid off.. I was down 4.2lbs since last Wednesday! I had skipped my usual Saturday WI because I was so down about my results lately.

Nicole -- 5 days POP is really something. Good for you! I hope your strawberries do come up for you.

Kristen -- What kind of renos are you doing? Sorry DD is feeling sick. Cameron and I have been fighting colds all weekend, and it's just not fun.

Joni -- Love that quote!

Jillian -- Congrats on your big loss!

Gotta run...more later.

KrispieD
04-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Whoa Angie!!! 4.2 lbs.. that is AWESOME!!!

Dan2112
04-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Good morning all, and happy April...

Not much to report from yesterday other than the fact that I had popcorn at the movies.. Oh well.. No one to blame but myself.. I did it willingly and with complete knowledge that it would probably cause a tip up in the scales tomorrow..

I dunno.. Yesterday was just kind of one of those days, I guess..

Well, back to POP today!

lacorso
04-02-2007, 10:02 AM
happy april to all...congrats on all of your losses....

Deb..great job on the cookbook!!...its awesome, cant wait to try the recipes:drool:

i was a bad girl at work and ate Lays BBQ potato chips...couldn't eat just one...they were so darn good..i think i had about 3 handfulls...anyways, they gave me the worst tummy ache...not used to the junk anymore, which is a good thing...wont do that again...:tied: :rollpin:

my DS is home sick from school with a fever of 102...i worked all night, going to bed now and taking him to the doc when i get up...

Joni135
04-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Angie - WTG on the 4+ lb loss!! Your loss was my gain. LOL! But I'm working on it.
Kristen - with all the work you're doing around your house, you'll burn off those last few ounces in no time. Boy, you wasting no time getting your house ready to sell.
Nicole - I love strawberries too...especially in a frozen margarita!

hdsqrl
04-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Dan, I overdid it at the movies this weekend, too. Actually, I overdid it ALL weekend, and wound up eating out every night (grr), and didn't get in all my fruits or lites each day. I'm hoping against all hope that the missing lites and fruits will balance out since I overdid it on the other things. Shame, shame.

Oh, and I had 3 mini-martinis on Sat as well....they were sooooo good, though, and I can't really say I'm sorry, heh.

My home scale has only shown an increase of .5 so far, but I know it takes a couple of days for it all to show, so....am downing the HLW this morning and will see what I can do to get back on track!

:carrot:

OH! And since my unspoken goal was to get to 175 before I got my new back tattoo, and I finally made it at home at least, my appointment is scheduled for Monday to at least get the outline done! :woohoo: I'm excited!!!

Dan2112
04-02-2007, 10:33 AM
What kind of tat are you going to get? Flaming skull? Fire breathing dragon? Hawaiian hula girl? :lol:

Boo'sMom
04-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Morning ALL!!! Happy April--what beautiful weather we are having so far (knock on wood--in the panhandle it could be snow tomorrow!) Honestly--last week I sunburned on Tuesday during PE and it snowed on Friday--ugh.

Nothing to report--enjoy reading everyone's posts. Glad I am not the only one up--still in ticker denial but I will admit it's 5 pounds off! Misery loves company. My fault and only I can change my eating habits.

Hope all is well with everyone today--have 5 hellions--2 of which their parents decided to try "med free"--it's not pretty!

hdsqrl
04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
I currently have a 3-inch diameter dragon on my right shoulder blade...I am going to get that one enhanced a bit, and then will get some kind of a foliage/biomechanical something extended down to about waist-level on the same side. The artist we go to does EXCELLENT free-hand work along that line...my DB went in to get something covered up and was in awe of what this guy came up with just off the top of his head. So I have an idea of what I want, and he'll just draw something on me and if I like it, we'll make it permanent.

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Morning everyone and Happy Monday!!! Ugh.

I have a question. I made a variation of a southbeach recipe this weekend and I need to know how to count it. The recipe was 1 small carton egg beaters, 1 pkg frozen brocolli, handful of rf 4 cheese mix, 1/2 small onion, 1/2 bell pepper, hot sauce, mortons salt. Mix together and cook in muffin tins (small). It makes 16 quiche cups (small muffins). How would that count? I was going to count 2 of them as 1 P, 1 V, 1 D. Is that reasonable or shoudl it be for each cup? Remember it's the small muffin tins so they turn out to be about 1" x 1".

ElleofALady
04-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey Everybody! Sounds like everyone is having a good day. I am still psyched about my weight loss last week. I think I maintained over the weekend. Tried the Pirates Booty and LOVED it, a bit too much. I bought a bag Friday and it is half full. Oh well. We will see at WI today.

Glad to see some of the "oldies" returning.

Barb- No one here is going to validate that you are a failure. So give that up, girlie. Just start fresh.

Wendy II- Your family sounds like it has so much fun.

Deb- Thanks for the cook book! It will be put to use!

Jillian- Congrats on your awesome weight loss last week! There must be something in the "Southeast" waters.

Kristen- Hope your daughter gets better soon! And...I know you will meet your goal within a day or so. Pre-Congrats!

And hello to everybody else! I have to open another tab to do personals byt I am in a rush! I will catch up later! TC

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 11:01 AM
OH! And since my unspoken goal was to get to 175 before I got my new back tattoo, and I finally made it at home at least, my appointment is scheduled for Monday to at least get the outline done! :woohoo: I'm excited!!!

I know - get a really fat girl tatoo so when you lose all your weight she'll be skinny too!

Dan2112
04-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Morning everyone and Happy Monday!!! Ugh.

I have a question. I made a variation of a southbeach recipe this weekend and I need to know how to count it. The recipe was 1 small carton egg beaters, 1 pkg frozen brocolli, handful of rf 4 cheese mix, 1/2 small onion, 1/2 bell pepper, hot sauce, mortons salt. Mix together and cook in muffin tins (small). It makes 16 quiche cups (small muffins). How would that count? I was going to count 2 of them as 1 P, 1 V, 1 D. Is that reasonable or shoudl it be for each cup? Remember it's the small muffin tins so they turn out to be about 1" x 1".

At first blush, I'm not sure how you'd count it, but they sure sound good!!

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 11:47 AM
At first blush, I'm not sure how you'd count it, but they sure sound good!!

I actually like these better than the original recipe. In the original you were supposed to use spinich but I really am not a big spinich person so I thought I'd give the brocolli a shot and it's really much better. You do have to use the hot sauce though cuz these egg beaters aren't very good as far as I'm concerned.

Joni135
04-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Dan - great new photo....Liz has herself a real looker!!

SMJezzy - I would think four of those little quiches would count as 1P, 1V (I don't think you have enough dairy in there to count any dairy...plus it's FF cheese vs low-fat.) To be sure, you can PM Mama Nicole and ask her to send it to the LAWL Online Chef Police. They do sound good and would make a nice easy breakfast.

Morning LeaAnn - Just call me "misery" and I'll call you "company." Sounds like we are both in the same boat these days. But, I'm five hours into my day and still doing good.....yeah, Joni.

Mama Nicole
04-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone..........did Cassi start culinary school today? For some reason I am thinking today is the day........

So I had a morning from ****.........to be brief (please stop laughing, as we all know I am not so hot at being brief).....I only lost 0.4 lbs this week.....then hoped on the computer to realize that I had forgotten to pay the gas bill.......then YDD was late to school...........and ODD tried to play sick. I dragged her out of bed and told her she was going no matter what.........and actually pulled it off........she is at school.

On a good note............YDS, who was pooping on my floors for the last two weeks, finally decided last night to go on the potty. It was the funniest thing.........I have been patient, and haven't said much of anything (most times......I'm no where near perfect) each and every time he made a gross shi*** mess............and kept thinking......tomorrow will be the day.........and low and behold, last night he looked up at me and said, "mama.........poop in the potty." So, we rushed to the toilet........gave him his privacy..........and he did it. He did it again this morning. Here is a funny tip..........and if I shared it with you potty training mama's already.....forgive me for repeating..........but after potty training many many children (home daycare days + my 5).........I just realized with YDS that some kids simply cannot "go" with an audience. It only makes sense........none of us would want to be watched..........so when he seemed somewhat aprehensive........I aksed him if he wanted me to shut the door......and he looked soooo relieved.......and then within 1 minute........he announced his accomplishment. Also.........I did try one of the mom's acts of desperation (sounds like a chapter title, doesn't it??).......and told him a few days ago that if he went, I would give him a blow-pop. Well, yesterday when he was about to go, I told him, "and remember, mama will give you a blow pop after you go,"........and he got so excited they he did it, and at my positive reaction to him going........he forgot about the blow pop. (only makes sense.......the real reward of going on the potty is not a blow pop). I really struggled wondering if I should give it to him anyway...........but I opted not to. I am so glad I didn't give it to him.......cuz he went like he has been doing it his whole life this morning........so I may have to add this to my chapter called Pooping for Presents.

Ok, wow......thanks.........I feel so much better..........you all (this little group of losers) are like the world's best friend :) I seriously wonder some days what I would do without ya ;)

It's only 10:50, and I have already had lunch.......do you think that is a bad thing??? LOL

I have to get to work.............XOXO

Mama Nicole
04-02-2007, 11:53 AM
hooray, Joni..........5 hours..........sometimes you have to count success by the hour........Pearl was always good at reminding us of that :) I PM'd her too.......no response. I'm sure she'll be back one day, like no time had passed. After my BS loss this week.........I am going to have a hard time staying positive........but if you can do it..........I can do it :)

Barb316
04-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Good morning everyone. I thought i would check in... I packed a POP lunch today. I am gong to work very hard at getting this doen right this time~
I will catch up later!

Joni135
04-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Nicole - okay, for being five days POP, you got rewarded with POOP...literally. Hey, and I already ate lunch too (at 11:30 AM). I was hungry...it was gooooood.

I'm not sure if Cassi stated today or next week...but it's in April.

Wendelina
04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey everybody! Happy Monday!

Dan - I'm in the popcorn-eaters club too.. we went and saw "Blades of Glory" yesterday and I ate popcorn... massive lemon water today to try and reduce the damage.

Nicole - I'm a big believer in Pooping for Presents. My children were all addicted to M&M's by 28 mos.. but they could all poop on the potty!!

Dang.. gotta run.. office is nuts today.. more later!
Love to all!

JLem311
04-02-2007, 12:13 PM
wendy, i hear ya on the m&m's for pooping on the potty! that's how we trained our DD. it worked too. hopefully it'll work for DS, but he's not quite 18mo. yet, so there's still time. :)

Mama Nicole
04-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Joni..............you crack me up.....thanks for finding the bright spot for me today.......I needed it.

Boo'sMom
04-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Nic--I am all about rewards (blackmail, bribery)--hey--whatever works and sometimes you just need cake for breakfast! (well, maybe not you--but some of us.

FINALLY found the hostess 100 calorie cupcakes--YUMMO (hi cassi). What was perfect is that I am a number 1 dessert girl so after a pretty decently OP dinner I shared the 3 pack with DH, ODD, and one for me and it was just enough. They (choc/choc) taste identical (in my book) to the real deal--as if I remember what the real deal taste like after so long--LOL. More later--lunch arrived for the kids!

hdsqrl
04-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Well, drat! My tattoo appointment needs to be moved to next week 'cause I forgot I had a meeting the night I was gonna go have it done. Boo, hiss!

But in other, happier news, the Lean Cuisine Paninis are AWESOME. I just had the steak, cheddar, and mushroom one, and had to check the label to verify I really was eating a Lean Cuisine. It was THAT gooey and good.

*drools*

Angie
04-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Dan – Great new pic. I love popcorn too…and CANNOT resist it at the movies. You know it’s allowed though, right? On the little tip cards I got when I joined it outlined how to count movie popcorn. I think ½ a small bag was 1S 1F or something like that. I’ll look it up later.

Joni & Kristen

Megan – Weekends are my downfall too…that’s why I had to do my FF over the weekend. The martinis sound totally worth a .5 gain if that’s all it ends up being!

Shannon – I have no idea how to count that, sorry! Maybe someone will submit it to the LA chef for you.

Nicole – I’m sorry you were disappointed with your loss. Are you getting all your water and exchanges? (I sound like a counsellor from my COD now) Is TOM coming up? Maybe that’s it? If you keep perservering it’s got to pay off, and the pounds are going to start running for the hills.

Hi to everyone else!

Kimphin
04-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Nicole - Too true about your YDS needing privacy - I don't have kids, but the dog doesn't like it when I look at him while he's assuming the position!

Not a good weekend, POP-wise. You'd think this general feeling of "Yuck" would be enough to stop me from being POOP. I really need to get going again. Grrr.

I did make the beef and broccoli from the LAWL cookbook - it was really good.

Dan - great picture!

Joni - What is your picture?

OK, gotta go!

Wendelina
04-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Megan - Tell me more about these Paninis???

Angie - so how would you count 1/2 of a medium bag of popcorn?? :-) lol

Wrongway
04-02-2007, 12:58 PM
hi all...

i haven't really posted here in a while... funny how many of us are in that popcorn club.. lol my hubby and i went to the drive in friday night and i gave in and had some popcorn too. i think somewhere in my warped little brain i thought i could get away with it because i was planning to do TO for sat and sun.. so then i had a hot dog too.. along with a few bites of my hubby's poutine ... sheesh... when i cheat i go all out... lol

anyway, i did the TO and when i went for WI this morning i was down 3lbs from pre-TO WI... woohoo... wonder how much i could've been down if i hadn't cheated on friday night.. lol

congrats to all for their successes. for those who have sick little ones.. hope they feel better soon. have a great day everyone.

pjbeau
04-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Good Morning!

Well, this morning's WI was good...down 1.5 lbs. Bad thing is that I've had so much going on that I'm just not eatting. I brought my lunch today and am trying to make myself eat.

Ohh, and NSV...I'm wearing size 12 pants today! :carrot:

Don't have much time, so no personals, but HI to everyone!

equinetcan
04-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Hello everyone,

Back from COD and I was up 0.6. Not sure why as I have been good but hopefully it will start to move in the right direction this week. I am doing FF tomorrow with the juice. When I started LAWL I paid for the whole start up thing but because of my BP I couldn't do the TO. Well, now I can so I finally got my bottle of juice I had paid for at the beginning. I am going to do that tuesday and wednesday to see if will kick start something. I have always used the oranges the 2x I did this before so we'll see if the juice makes a difference.

I am having dinner with mom tonight. She got back on the weekend after being away for a month visiting her side of the family in BC. It will be a OP dinner too as I am bringing salad and she is making a roast chicken. Then after I get home I am going to get my chicken breasts cooked for my FF days to have as my protein.

Not a lot else new. I should find out the results of my interview at work on wednesday. I'll let people know what happens. I am off today but back to work tomorrow and then a long weekend for easter on friday (stat holiday here). So I only have a 3 day week this week and it is payday this week too. can't ask for much better!!!

I'll check in later!!

MomOfThreeTeens
04-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Whew, 4 pages to catch up on in the March thread and 4 already in the April one! I gotta do better!

Congrats to all you losers, I'm awed by some of the big losses I've read about. Way to go everybody!

Kristen- the suits I've bought the last few years are by Longitude. They have a longer torso but they also have a built in tummy control. It really does a good job on "the old empty Walmart bag" LOL Congrats on being so close to goal. I am SO ready for stabilization but the thought of adding food back scares the crap out of me!

I'm aiming for about 10 more pounds then I'm stopping even though I wont be at my goal. So I guess I'm changing my goal to 160 LOL I think getting rid of the walmart bag will really improve the way I feel about myself! My tummy is really the only part of me that I'm still unhappy with and no amount of weightloss is going to fix that! Sooo surgery here I come! LOL

Heres to a great week everybody! hang in there! Oh BTY I had a horrible weekend! I need to make a commitment to WI on Mondays to keep my OP on the weekends! I weigh on Friday and its like my license to cheat for a couple of days! UGH!

Dan you little hottie you! I love the new avatar!

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 01:12 PM
hi all...

i haven't really posted here in a while... funny how many of us are in that popcorn club.. lol my hubby and i went to the drive in friday night and i gave in and had some popcorn too. i think somewhere in my warped little brain i thought i could get away with it because i was planning to do TO for sat and sun.. so then i had a hot dog too.. along with a few bites of my hubby's poutine ... sheesh... when i cheat i go all out... lol

anyway, i did the TO and when i went for WI this morning i was down 3lbs from pre-TO WI... woohoo... wonder how much i could've been down if i hadn't cheated on friday night.. lol

congrats to all for their successes. for those who have sick little ones.. hope they feel better soon. have a great day everyone.

Please forgive me if this has been mentioned before but I found Pop Secret 100 Calorie popcorn at my grocery store. I called the COD and told them all the counts and they said it was ok but not to do it every day. It has butter too! Or a butter'ish substance anyway.

Joni135
04-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Kim - my avatar is a bunch of wooden bunnies that I carved and painted myself (for easter). Sorry the picture is so small. I'm really quite talented when it comes to woodworking.

April Fool's!

LittleBlueCat
04-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Joni - Those are awesome!! Very pretty looking bunnies :)

Wrongway
04-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Please forgive me if this has been mentioned before but I found Pop Secret 100 Calorie popcorn at my grocery store. I called the COD and told them all the counts and they said it was ok but not to do it every day. It has butter too! Or a butter'ish substance anyway.

yeah... i found smart pop. a mini bag of that is 100 cals... but COD still wants me to only have 1 cup of air popped popcorn plain. but nothing is better than theater popcorn.. lol

for anyone who may have noticed.. i changed my ticker because when i originally entered my info.. i started with the weight i started LAWL on. then i thought about it... why am i denying myself those other 8lbs i had lost before i started LAWL ... so... i decided to rectify that situation and start counting all of the weight i've lost.

Mama Nicole
04-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Joni..............you smart a$$!!!! I was wondering about your avatar.....and then I read your post.....and I was like.......ohhhh, how cute.....and then I read on about how talented you think you are.....and I was like, "wow......that doesn't sound like the Joni I know.......".....but there was no just kidding or anything else to the post.............and then I scrolled down.........and about died laughing!!!!

Kim #2............I know exactly what you mean about having a license to cheat. Two short weeks ago.......I was actually down to 185 on my hs......and I let it get to my head. Now I am feeling somewhat doubtful.......but I know it just takes time. I am currently doing mon morning WI also to keep me on the straight and narrow. I am so excited for you about getting your walmart bagectomy. I cannot wait to hear about your consult. Did you ever check out that tummy tuck website one other lady on here mentioned?

Mama Nicole
04-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Nicole - Too true about your YDS needing privacy - I don't have kids, but the dog doesn't like it when I look at him while he's assuming the position!

Isn't that the truth.........my dog hides :)

I LOVE the beef and brocolli recipe......I make it quite often. Making things like that and freezing them always helps me to stay OP. DH hates brocolli, and hates it when I cook with it, cuz it is sooo stinky.....but he made corned beef w/ cabbage yesterday (ewwww), so he really cannot complain :)

Celtic24
04-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Good Day Gang,

Chuckling about popocorn, blow pops and tattoos. You guys crack me up.

Went to see "Shooter" last night - my honey ate popcorn, I didn't. Got two hours of step aerobics in over the week-end, so hope that helps with my efforts. Stayed on program, with a few minor slips on Saturday. I find it so much easier at work to stay focussed, and away from the kitchen.

Keep it positive folks. The stats show that many people have had terrific losses. Maybe some are stalled a bit while your body adjusts, but never forget how much better you feel now then you did at your starting weight.

A tattoo - it's got me thinking.

Peg

Kimphin
04-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Joni - you kill me. :rofl: I keep looking at it like its a Where's Waldo picture. You are in there somewhere!

Nicole - we must share the same brain - you explained my thought process EXACTLY! 4 arms, 4 legs, one brain!;)

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey, how come weight watchers frozen meals aren't listed in our books? I bought one and I'm counting it as 1P and 1S anyway. Is that legal or are the LAWL police gonna come after me?

So, when I went in on Saturday for my WI I felt absolutely horrible. I was depressed and mad at myself for having eaten out so much the week before. Even with that I had a good wi. This morning I woke up feeling great and really wanted to go WI just to see and fully clothed I was down another .4 - Just imagine what it might have been in my shorts!! I threatened to strip down and see if I could pull out a full pound but when she didn't discourage it I chickened out. MAN I LOVE THIS DIET. Tell me the honeymoon won't end...tell me.....

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh and I forget...who was it that was having puppies? What was the end count? Pictures?

hdsqrl
04-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Panini link, prepare to drool on your keyboard: http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/Panini.aspx

For real, try them. :D

katiebug77
04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Shannon- I use the WW meals sometimes and I haven't noticed a difference at WI. They don't seem to be nutritionally different. However, I try not to use the frozen meals all that often, as they are somewhat high in sodium. Keep it up with the losses. Even the little ones add up. You are doing great!!!

Dan2112
04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Whew, 4 pages to catch up on in the March thread and 4 already in the April one! I gotta do better!

Dan you little hottie you! I love the new avatar!

Awww shucks, y'all... :o

Thanks for the comments.. I just thought it was time for a new pic..

But be careful.. Liz might get mad... :club: :lol:

katiebug77
04-02-2007, 02:04 PM
OK Megan, you're making me hungry. I too like the Panini's I had the Southwest chicken one or something like that a couple of weeks ago, and they are to die for!!!!

bizlawchik
04-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Happy April all! Feeling a bit better. The antibiotics definitely helped. But still sound pretty hoarse. I've skimmed the (already) five pages, but haven't taken notes faithfully.

Nicole - Congrats on DS. And I start school next Monday! I go for orientation on Wednesday and get my chef whites and knives, etc.

Joni - Too funny about the woodworking. You crack me up!

Shannon - The reason the WW meals aren't listed in the book is because it's another program. When I started I was told not to have food from other programs (WW, South Beach) because "you don't want to get confused". Real reason: They are not going to advocate or condone you spending money on products designed for another weight loss program. As long as the sodium (hi Dan) and other counts are somewhat consisten with those things in your book, you could go ahead. But there are some Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice entress that aren't approved either because of calories, sodium, fat, carbs, etc.

This is a very tough week. Going to the in-laws for Passover tonight and tomorrow so I've only eaten some tuna salad (P,Fa), baby carrots (V) and 2 string cheese (D). Saving my starches and fruits for the yummy feast the next two days. Then fasting Friday for Good Friday and then Easter. Cripes. Can you say too much religion in one week? (For those of your newbies who don't know, I'm Catholic and DH is Jewish so we do it all).

OK... back to work!

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 02:19 PM
As long as the sodium (hi Dan)

LMAO :D

katiebug77
04-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Chef Cassi - how exciting that school starts soon!!!

KrispieD
04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah on school Cassi.. I did my chef course several years back and still have my whites.. my own embroidered chef coat.. I throw it on when I do dinner parties!
Joni has changed her photo on me too many times this weekend I forgot if I was looking at the dogs or the bunnies.. my guess is the only wood you carved was a toothpick and someone else stuck those in your house.. but I'll believe in the JoniBunny if everyone else will
Hmm all this talk about tatoos.. I think I'll go get all your names tattooed on my arm.. okay might need a whole leg.
I am going to have to do a run to the US to get some of these fabulous 100 calories snack things you all keep flaunting!!
The WW dinners should be fine but of course LAWL doesn't want you buying food from another source.. when they discontinued the Lites in Chocolate and Vanilla I asked them for an alternative protein shake I could use as I always put them in my smoothies.. I was told if we don't have one that is our product you can't use it.. bugger!
Nicole.. I hoped to avoid chocolate with my little one when potty training so we gave her a quarter the first time she went.. (after crapping on my floor three times in two days).. now every time she goes she comes out and says Mommy I go poopoo give me shiny quatah... my ODD now wants money too and having heard this yesterday my dad was over and went upstairs potty and came down and declared he'd done his business to what he estimated to be the tune of $1.00!!
So house is in chaos but I made sure I can get to my laptop :).. had a Money's Gardenburger for lunch on a toasted pita with 1 tbsp ff ranch.. YUM!!
I too have been starving today.. made myself stretch out lunch as late as I could but seeing as the table legs are starting to look tasty I'll have to see if I have a fruit planned before dinner
Keep up the great work.
Liz, we like Dan's new photo!
Hi Lea Ann, Shannon, Cassi, Kims, Lizzy, Libby,Lorraine, Wendys, Joni, Letisha, Vic, Megan and Katies, JasonWING, Shea, Ulanda, MIA Pearl or Peal, Evette if you didn't blow away in the wind, Deb and all you other LOSERS!

Dan2112
04-02-2007, 02:29 PM
LMAO :D

Hmmmmm... Did someone say SODIUM??!!! :nono: :club:

bizlawchik
04-02-2007, 02:31 PM
:easter:
Joni carving and painting her wooden figurines

:bunny:
Is this the JoniBunny?
:bunny2:
Or is it this one?

(OK, I just wanted to use the Easter smileys)

bizlawchik
04-02-2007, 02:33 PM
:flame: Dan - Love the new photo! Liz must be digging the newer, slimmer you.:smoking:

KrispieD
04-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Okay Cassi LOL on the graphic of JoniBunny!

MomOfThreeTeens
04-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Nicole, I dont remember seeing a website about the TT. I found one called TuckThatTummy, before and after pics and everything! The differences are amazing! I'm so excited that the surgery doesnt even scare me! LOL

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Well now I'm curious. With this diet and losing the weight slowly I thought you wouldn't have the lose skin/tummy tuck problem. I thought that was for people who had the gastric bypass and lost too fast. If you're exercising and losing slowly you still have that problem???

KrispieD
04-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Shannon
I've lost almost 60 on this program and nearly 90 total.. I have lost 30" since I started and most areas have simply shrunk.. but there are a few lovely pockets of flesh that hang around as a reminder. I think no matter what plan you do when you lose a lot of weight it can't all evaporate and for us that means either a smart surgeon or a ALOT of toning.. I also had two pregnancies that left some great physical reminders as well :)

DenverChick
04-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Afternoon all,

I turned my back yesterday and came back to find 6 pages to catch up on!!!

Angie! Big congrats on the WL. You're catching up to me again!!! You just keep motivating me more.

Megan - Jealous about the tat. I'm ready for another but waiting til I hit my goal weight before I do it. If all goes accordingly, I hope to get it at the end of August. Now I just have to see if I can get Garver at Miami Ink to do it!

Wendy - So glad you got some smaller pants!

Kristen - I don't envy you the construction mess. You are one serious cookie about getting the house ready to sell.

mmmmmmmmmmm - movie popcorn........

Dan - Great new picture. Have you and Liz found a place to stay in Denver yet for your concert?

mmmmmmmmmmm - Hostess cupcakes.....

Cassi - Bet you're getting excited about culinary school! It sounds like so much fun.

Nicole - Congrats on the little one finding the potty and your planting a strawberry patch. I love fresh strawberrys and fat free whipped cream.

Kim2 - Are you going to take before and after pics of your TT? I am sure it is quite amazing.

Katie - Where are you and how are your puppy(s)???? Hope you are OK.

Evette - Where are you???? Have you blown away??? Should we send a search party???

Hi to everyone else. I'm off to make lunch. Kristen's garden burger on a pita sounded like a good plan. I think I'll steal it.

DenverChick
04-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Shannon - Whether on not your skin shrinks has alot to do with a number of factors:
1. your age. the younger you are the more elasticity your skin has.
2. the amount of weight you have to lose. people that are severely
overweight have stretch their skin to such a degree that
sometimes it cannot completely contract.
3. pregnancy. sometimes, pregnancy causes the underlying
abdominal muscles to seperate and no amount of weight loss or
crunches will give you a flat stomach (hence the need for TT)
4. genetics. some people have more collagen than others which
creates nice tight skin.

So, the best thing to do is lose weight at a slow and steady rate (no more than 2 lbs. per week) excercise, and hope for good genes. But sometimes, a little nip and tuck is just what the doctor ordered.

Dan2112
04-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Libby..

Not yet.. The Cliff Lodge looks really nice but might be a bit pricey.. There's another B&B in the area, but also pretty pricey. I can't find any "run of the mill" motels in Morrison.. I've found a few in Lakewood, but since I really don't know my way around that part of town, I wasn't sure where to go...

Mama Nicole
04-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Cassi or Kim or Joni or Lea Ann or anyone who remembers.......who was the girl from IL who had the tummy tuck? She had it over Christmas break time..........and she is the one who posted the website with the forum of TTers. Do you remember?

juliemarie
04-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Nicole-

I think Stiesta (Christie) had the TT . . . . .

Joni135
04-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Kristen - LMAO -- did he want US or Canadian dollar?
my dad was over and went upstairs potty and came down and declared he'd done his business to what he estimated to be the tune of $1.00!!.

Katie - definitely need an update on your furkid and grandfurkid(s). Hope everyone is doing okay...you included!

Cassi - :easter2: and this is the best icon I could find for Passover...Happy Passover too:stardav: Loved your use of the easter icons.

Nicole - lots of new smile icons....check this one out! :broc:

Yep - I am the artistic one; I'm working on an LAWL approved tattoo logo of some sort. I'm sure it will be quite popular. Any takers?

Mama Nicole
04-02-2007, 04:00 PM
thanks JM.......how you doin'?.........here is a link to the site, Kim....if you are interested.
http://www.tuckthattummy.com/
It is quite interesting to read about people's experiences.

Mama Nicole
04-02-2007, 04:02 PM
lol.......love it, Joni.......are you sick of my boring old smileys??? I am just too lazy to look through all of them......so I do the old school colon, parenthesis.

Angie
04-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Angie - so how would you count 1/2 of a medium bag of popcorn?? :-) lol

Wendy – I use the theory of perceptions being 100% reality, and if my perception is that the bag is small, it is small. *big exaggerated wink*

Shannon – I use Orville Reddenbokkers 100 calorie Smart Pop bags here for at home popcorn and count them as one starch. I sometimes buy the weight watchers frozen dinners, and just compare to make sure they are similar (or lower) in values to something else on the list.

Libby – Thanks! I love trying to keep up with each other, it’s motivating for me too.

Joni & Kristen – I forgot to finish typing before, I just wanted to say thanks for your congratulations!

I am loving this bunny – have to have him in my siggy. :bunny2:

DS and I are going to paint (more) easter eggs tonight. I boiled about 15 eggs yesterday and figured we can do a few each evening to build up to Easter. We made some a few weeks ago (that MUST go now) and he was so proud of them, it's so stinking cute.

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 04:11 PM
my ODD now wants money too and having heard this yesterday my dad was over and went upstairs potty and came down and declared he'd done his business to what he estimated to be the tune of $1.00!!

LOL! Now that made my day.

juliemarie
04-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey Nicole-doing great in some ways (I leave for Vietnam in less than a month!) and not so great in others (LAWL). I have been way off plan for over a month-one binge after another. I got really ticked at myself this weekend, got on the scale this am (GASP!) and have been POP so far today. I'd like to get off what I've gained before I leave.

Like I told Dairy Fairy-I like to call it my faux-pregnancy weight!

bizlawchik
04-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Like I told Dairy Fairy-I like to call it my faux-pregnancy weight!

JM - I'm sure when you pick up Josie you will be running around so much that you will have no time to eat, let alone binge. It will all come together in time! :hug:

Joni135
04-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Juliemarie - at least you have an excuse for your slight gain; stress of getting ready for Josie, "faux-pregnancy" weight gain. But, get yourself back on track so you can keep up with your bundle of joy!
BTW, what were you "testing" on your blog site?

juliemarie
04-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Cassi-I need to get my act together now-I'm so disgusted with myself . . . . and I can tell in my clothes-that's not cool . . .

juliemarie
04-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Joni-thanks for reminding me-I was practicing on my dad's new laptop (that we'll take with us) loading videos from my account at youtube . . . .had some issues I need to figure out. I want to link videos of Josie for all to enjoy!

smjezzy
04-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Shannon I use Orville Reddenbokkers 100 calorie Smart Pop bags here for at home popcorn and count them as one starch. I sometimes buy the weight watchers frozen dinners, and just compare to make sure they are similar (or lower) in values to something else on the list.

I didn't know orville made a 100 calorie - I'm going to look a little closer next time I go in cuz I love his regular popcorn. thanks

Joni135
04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Juliemarie - for a minute there I thought you had some video of Josie....I'll bet you are talking about video once you get to her. Cannot wait. Okay....so if someone (like me) were to challenge you, how much do you think you could reasonable lose between now and when you leave to get Josie....so a little over 3 weeks....6 lbs? 8 lbs?

juliemarie
04-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Joni-you are awesome! That's exactly what I need-since I haven't been drinking much water, it's TOM, and I had very salty food yesterday-I bet I could lose 10 lbs before I leave . . . .

And yes-I don't have video yet-just practicing how to do it . . .

ElleofALady
04-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Shannon- I've been dying to ask questions about everyone's skin and stuff, while and after losing weight, but I didn't want to offend anyone. Glad you did it...

Nichole - thanks for the link to the tummy tuck. Not sure if I will need the procedure, but will save the link.

Paula- Size 12! Great NSV!

On a personal note, I am down again. I broke the 60's and now at 259. I still have quite a way to go, but I have not seen my scale move this direction in quite some time. So, I am excited about my progress!

Repo girl
04-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey all! Not even going to try to catch up, but wanted to say that I love Deb's cookbook, laughed my head off at Wendelina's April Fools trick, can't wait for JM to get her hands on her baby, sympathize with Nicole's lack of weight loss, want Kristen to pay me for going potty so that I can get rich, loved the beautiful picture of Joni's dogs, and I am so excited for Cassie to start school!

I went to the COD today. I have lost a whopping 2 oz in 7 days. They decided to drop me down to the gold plan. This is totally new for me, the gold plan. I am hating the thought of losing a starch and my precious half a protein! However, I am not into wasting time, and if red is keeping me from getting skinny, then it is time to say goodbye to red. Sniff, sniff.

On the puppy- We really only had one. It is hard to believe that a Great Dane could possibly only produce one puppy. I even took her to the vet for an x-ray to be sure. The baby is doing well though, and terribly spoiled by his mommy. I will attach a picture of him.

Barb316
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Deb has a cookbook? I missed something here?

Chick With Stix
04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
What a talkative group, page 7 already and its only the 2nd day of the month.

Anywhoo...I really need a slower paced life... I just can't seem to keep up here anymore, and my weight is just not going well. I've been pretty stressed out and my horomones are completely outta whack. I'm just trying to get it together again slowly but surely. I've had all my fruit and veggie servings today which is my first baby step. And I'm going to yoga tonight. I need the relaxation.

Hope everyone is having a POP day!

DenverChick
04-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Katie - Oh so cute pup! I am jealous. I want a puppy so bad. Think the other 2 dogs might get very jealous though. They are pretty spoiled.

Bajachick3
04-02-2007, 07:21 PM
thanks for the welcome backs.....In my mind I never left.....just a little break..well I am loving working out again...I did a marathon in 1982....it was super....I think that is why I weight so much...193.6 and can still wear a 14 or a 16.....muscle, I hope.....A tan helps also...walked with my neighbor for 3 5 minutes and thenwent to the healthclub for an hour....love it..then glazd some pottery in my studio.....great day....keep at alll...nance

Joni135
04-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Barb - Deb has a great cookbook.....if you PM me (or her) with your email address, I can forward to you. It's a large word document, but organized and great to keep online.

Juliemarie - The challenge is on. I'm going to PM you your reward but suffice it to say, if you are good, Josie will reap some benefits. I know it doesn't seem fair; you sacrifice for the sake of your child, but isn't that what all mom's do? I think I just figured out why I'm not a mom! LOL

Joni135
04-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh, Katie - congrats on your puppy. Yes, it is hard to believe she only popped out one...but puppy looks pretty big.

Hope the gold plan works for you. Guess 2 oz lost is better than a gain of any kind. Hang in there.

LittleBlueCat
04-02-2007, 08:12 PM
...it is time to say goodbye to red...

Katie, you're on red?? at 165? I've been on gold since 178. It was indeed heartbreaking to lose that starch... By the way, did you get my PM about the 8 week plan thing?

Debbie367
04-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Nicole - Your strawberry patch sounds delish! I LOVE fresh berries, yummy. My nephew is 2 and is attempting to poop on the potty. He watches an Elmo Potty video that is hilarious, I like to watch it just for giggles. LOL

Angie - Congrats...4.2lbs...wow!!!!

Dan- I am a sucker for movie poporn too! I just crave it sometimes. Love the new pic...you're a hottie!

Paula - Size 12!! WTG (doing the happy dance)

Letisha - Congratulations on breaking the 60's!!!

Cassie - I can't wait until you open your first resaurant....I know you will!!!

Erika- Slower paced life, what's that?! Seriously, that's one of the reasons I feel like I gained so much weight. Now that I have taken the steps to reduce some of the stress in my life and to slow things down a bit I am starting to have a turn around in the WL area. Yoga is an awesome way to relax...unless your me. I am way to embarrased to try it (I'm really uncoordinated).

Today was a good day. I was OP even though TOM arrived and he really wanted me to have lots and lots of chocolate. I fought hard and eventually settled for a Choc Crunch Lite. I changed my Avatar to a picture of me with Buddha in Hawaii! I am the one on the left..LOL Seriously, that is the LAST fat picture you all will see of me!

Congratulations to all who have made it through another day of challenges. Tomorrow is a fresh start so let's stay OP, we can do it!!!!

Hugs!

mamabanana
04-02-2007, 08:50 PM

What did they count it as? Just a starch?

BobbySam
04-02-2007, 08:50 PM
OK - Took me a few minutes and a few posts somewhere else to figure out this is where everyone went!

Had my WI today and was down 1 lb. - I'll take it. Especially since it's TOM.

Letisha - Twin - Hi. Hope all is well and that you had a good weekend.

Gotta update my ticker - yay!

mamabanana
04-02-2007, 08:51 PM
OMG, WOW!!!! Thats amazing!!!!
Kim - my avatar is a bunch of wooden bunnies that I carved and painted myself (for easter). Sorry the picture is so small. I'm really quite talented when it comes to woodworking.

April Fool's!

mamabanana
04-02-2007, 08:51 PM
DUHHHHHHHHH....Im such an idiot! Did you know gullible isnt in the dictionary? LOL!!!!!!

April Fool's!

Seagal
04-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Good evening all!

HOORAY! I can smell and taste again! Kelli, I bought the nasal saline spray and although it wasn't my favorite thing to do, I think it did the trick. I am not back to 100% but it is much better.

I had another business lunch today and we went for Thai food. We shared the salad rolls...have any of you had those? They are so yummy. It's transparent rice paper stuffed with bean sprouts, lettuce, a little shrimp and a little chicken. I also had the basil garlic chicken. Lots of veggies...green beans, mushrooms, etc and only a little bit of rice. Probably a bit of sodium but I tried to limit the sauce. I did have a big old POP weekend what with the whole no tasting anything. Not hard to stay OP with that affliction. Now I am a little scared to go home for Easter and all the good midwestern food!

Cassie...glad you are back! Sounds like you and I had the same illness. Yuck! BTW, I am SO jealous that you are going to culinary school. Man! If I won the lottery I would quit my job, go to culinary school and open a cafe. I love to cook.

Kristen...the way you are shrinking, all our names would require two of your skinny legs instead of one!

Katie...that puppy is the bomb. How cute! I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of him. Are you keeping it or selling it? How much did he weigh?

Hi to everyone else and here's to a POP week to all. Wish me luck on WI tomorrow...I have high expectations for a big drop.

PS> Went to Macy's with DF on Saturday night and tried on a size 8 CK jeans. A little tight but the were 8's! I am not dropping $70 on jeans until the tag says Size 6!

katiebug77
04-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!

Repo girl
04-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Morning all! Hey East Coast, wake up already!

Vic- I did not weigh him. Thanks for the reminder. I usually weigh all of the puppies everyday and track their gains. I totally forgot this time. I pulled him out last night and was suprised how skinny and bony he felt. After observing him nursing, I discovered that he is nuring on nipples with very little milk, near the top. I moved him down lower to fuller areas, and his little tummy was round in no time. When I checked on him in the night, he was back up top again, so I moved him back down. We will be selling him. I cannot take the thought of having 3 Great Danes. Wonderful dogs, but way too big to have a herd of them! Wonderful news on the jeans!

How do you folks on gold organize your food for the day? I have to be at work at 5:20 AM these days. I am worried about starving to death, LOL. My scale at home rewarded me with a 2 lb loss this morning, however.

Repo girl
04-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Morning Katiebug!

Joni135
04-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Morning everyone. We're a bit sluggish in the east here.....
Katie - no real suggestions on how to organize the food on the gold plan.
I like a lot of mini meals, so tend to do the
breakfast: fruit/dairy
mid morning - fruit/lite
lunch - 1P, 1V, 1F, 1S
mid day - 1F, 1 lite
dinner - 1P, 2V, 1S

I cannot remember if you do lites or not and aren't you exercising a lot? Are you sure you'll get enough food on gold?

Vic - LOL "I am not dropping $70 on jeans until the tag says Size 6!"

Kelli - sorry I fooled you. For the record, I have zilch artistic talents.

Well, I have one good day under my belt and the scale was down 2 lbs.....I'll take it.

Repo girl
04-03-2007, 08:12 AM
I was exercising a lot when they put me on red with lites. Now life keeps getting in the way of exercise, and I have not been able to get to the gym nearly as much. I am doing lunas on the gold plan. That looks like a pretty good strategy to break it all up. Thanks Joni!

bizlawchik
04-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Good morning all! I may have gone over a bit at Passover dinner, but I think I went under in other areas so I hope it equals out. One more dinner to get through tonight.

Katie - That little puppy looks adorable!

Vic - I used to say that if I won the lottery I would do it too. Then I realized that I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to spend the next 25 years in the legal field. I'm taking out student loans to pay for the whole thing and working and going to school at the same time. I'm running on faith and the belief that things will work out. The happiest (and some of the most successful) people are those that decided to follow their dream instead of staying in the "safe" route. So I'm going for it.

Repo girl
04-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Cassie- You are my hero. Seriously.

JLem311
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
hey everyone. i've got the day off today and was thinking about going to COD either today or thursday...not sure yet.
not much happening here today. i need to go and pick up a few things to send the kids for easter. :) and get myself some allergy pills. it's pollen season here in NC and i never knew i had allergies until i moved here. my face hurts so badly. anyways...not much else to say right now, except i'm tired and really need to workout today...i kinda skipped it yesterday.

be back later.

Mama Nicole
04-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Good morning everyone :)

I WI this am just to see if my crappy loss last week was a fluke......nope, indeed it was not. I am almost wondering if I need to switch down a plan.......especially after hearing about Katie's switch. I"m such a joiner. What plan are you currently on, Cassi? We are pretty close in weight (you are a bit lighter than me).......and I know I was on the border of two plans a few pounds lighter ago. I am doing the special K bars right now......and I really kind of think they added too many calories for me. What do you think?

I have my job interview this afternoon.......and I am trying to decide if I even want to go.................

Anyway.......have to go make sure ODD is getting ready for school.

I will catch up with you all later ;)
XOXO

Kimphin
04-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Cassi- you are absolutely right. Oprah always says 'do what you love' and I always thought - "yeah, if I was as rich as Oprah I could do what I love, but instead I do what I have to do to pay the bills" Well, as I get more miserable with each passing day, I realize she may be on to something. (The school counselor and I always joke that a little bit of our souls die everyday we walk into this place! - personnel politics, not the kids) It takes a great leap of faith to do what you are doing, but in the long run, you will be better off. Good luck - and we want a new picture of you in your whites.

Katie - OMG, that puppy is beautiful! Of course, it's also bigger than my dog, but how cute! I'm sure it will be hard to sell him, but yeah, 3 GD would be a lot in one house.

I won the NCAA pool at work - gotta find out how rich I am (not)!

Kimphin
04-03-2007, 10:05 AM
it's pollen season here in NC and i never knew i had allergies until i moved here. my face hurts so badly.

Jillian - kind of reminds me of my brother - he's 13 years older than me and tortured me incessantly (of course I love him to death!) He would always say to me " DOes your face hurt?" "It's killing ME!" so childish.

Anyway - DH has awful allergies - he finally went on a FLonase inhaler and it is like night and day. I hope you get some relief.

smjezzy
04-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Juliemarie - I'm very excited for you. Make sure you give Josie a big hug for all of us when you finally see her. Don't worry about the weight just do the best you can for right now. You'll get into a swing once she's home with you and you settle into a routine.

Letisha - You're welcome? I sure hope I didn't offend anyone, seemed an open topic! If I did please forgive me.

Katie - The puppy is adorable but he looks bigger than my son did at birth! The momma is probably looking at you like you're insane for suggesting she have more!

Mamabanana - Yep, COD said count the popcorn as 1 starch.

Cassie - I envy you. I really hate what I do but have no idea what else I'd be interested in, other than being an independently wealthy, bon-bon eatin, couch potato. Congrats on you choice and I hope all your dreams come true.

Kimphin
04-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Nicole - go on the interview, even if it is just to see what it is all about. You can always decline the job.

Good luck!

juliemarie
04-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Joni/Katie-it must be an epidemic (I hope!)-cuz I'm also down 2 lbs this morning! :broc: I had a POP day yesterday and it had challenges-because of a church thing-I ate dinner at 4:30pm-and finished all my exchanges. After church-I went home and watched 24 and did the whole wandering into the kitchen and looking in the fridge and cupboards thing. Closing the doors, rinse, lather, repeat . . . . . I was so hungry by 10-i just went to bed before I caved . . . .

Shannon-If I was just gaining a couple of pounds-I probably wouldn't worry-but I gained 12 pounds in the last month. :( Yeah . . I said it. :o I wasn't going to . . . .but there it is. I had one binge on top of another-Taco Bell, Mcdonalds, pizza, KFC, a bag of peanut butter M&Ms (one of the big ones), more easter candy, cake, tator tots . . . . . if I craved it-I ate it. Then I got mad at myself and ate more. It's a vicious cycle-and I had to stop it. I eat when I'm happy, sad, frustrated, angry, stressed . . .:?: I wish I could find an emotion that made me have no appetite.

Jeez-I can't believe I told you guys all that. How embarassing. . .:^:

I changed my ticker too . . . .who was I kidding?

Kimphin
04-03-2007, 10:26 AM
JulieMarie - don't worry - it's not like we all haven't been there. Recently.

I guess we can lose all the weight we can, but we really need to re-program ourselves to the change. Did anyone read the latest People magazine? There is an article about some people who went through weight loss surgery and replaced their food obsession with other destructive behaviors. Compulsive shopping, Alcoholism, drugs. Very interesting article.

bizlawchik
04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Nicole - I'm on purple until 181 (with a 3 or 4 pound leeway, so I think they could switch me at 184-185). You are taller than me, though, so maybe you are closer to the switch spot.

And Kim is right. Go to the interview even if it's just to see what it's about. You can always decline and keep in good with them by saying the hours just won't work with your schedule or something.

And thanks for all of your support on the school thing, guys. I feel really brave for even attempting this, but I'm also VERY nervous. Not about school, because I know I'll love that, even with the hours, but it's the debt of the school and not knowing what I'm doing next. If I take a job in a traditional restaurant I am cutting my salary in half, which I cannot afford. That's why I want to get into catering or open my own place, which would probably be breakfast/lunch. I have a few other ideas too, like offering cooking classes (maybe a singles night, or birthday parties) to generate revenue in the off-times. Who knows? I just have to take the first step and keep the positive energy coming my way. Things always work out.

juliemarie
04-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Nicole-they're right-go to the interview. It's good to keep those interviewing skills sharp . . . .even if you decline the job.

smjezzy
04-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Juliemarie - I think you've done remarkably well considering everything you're dealing with. I'm an emotional eater too, well I think probably most of us are and that's why we're here! Give yourself a break, you have enough to deal with right now without beating yourself up over this. You slipped, you know it, jump back on and move on. Next time you feel that nervous urge to eat, go back in Josie's room and paint a flower, rearrange the furniture, refold the clothes, clean the windows. Just do anything to keep yourself occupied. You're just nervous and anxious and that's completely normal considering. Hang in there!

juliemarie
04-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah-messing with the clothes is pretty fun!

Joni135
04-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Cassi - you continue to show us how absolutely brilliant you are. In all honesty, if I could figure out my passion, I would at least try to pursue it, but I'm just not passionate about anything. I guess I need professional help to figure this all out....would I go to a life coach???

Kim - funny how you remember what your brother said ALL those years ago!! Humor must run in your family.

Juliemarie - sounds like you and I had pretty much the same kind of "binge" month. I will confess to discovering this Cape Cod brand of potatoe chip that is called something like Robust Russets. In all honesty, one day I was craving ruffle type potatoe chips and picked up a small bag at the mini mart. Well, "russets" didn't mean ruffles. But, all the chips in the bag were dark...I used to call these the burnt chips in a bag of regular potatoe chips and it was like finding a piece of gold if you found one. Well, this Cape Cod russet chip is a whole bag of them. To die for, and if I continue to eat them the way I was, I will die from them! I was down to 153 before my February vacation and when I hit 160, I decided enough was enough. I'm back on track. And suffice it to say, I was hungry when I went to bed last night but I did not give in. (Still haven't PMd you your challenge, but I will. I see that you put 211.8 as your pre-trip goal; that'll work).

Nicole - My best friend has five kids and when her youngest was in school all day (first grade, I guess), she went and got a job paying minimum wage at a Williams Sonoma store because she LOVES to cook. She really did not need the income, but wanted to (a) do something she enjoyed (b)get the store discount (c) interact with adults (d) put something on her resume other than wife and mom. She's been there about 5 years now and still enjoys herself and takes a lot of pride in what she does.
Go for the interview and then just follow your gut. Your boys may still need their momma for right now, but in a couple years you may be ready.

gotta work......gotta go find a life coach....

Dan2112
04-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Where is everyone today??

Well, no change for me at WI, and I guess that's a good thing.. We weren't exactly POP this past weekend so I should count my blessings..

Have a POP day, all!

Wendelina
04-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Me too I guess. I haven't been pop this past weekend.. and was sick all day Saturday (darn bottle flu!).. so the fact that I didn't lose anything at WI shouldn't surprise me. Would someone please help me get back on my treadmill???

DenverChick
04-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Cassi - Thanks for reminding me that you have to do what you love. Kim's response totally sounded familiar. I felt the exact same way when I was still in Hi Tech. I used to tell my husband that every day I spent there was sucking a little bit of my soul away. You have no idea how relieved I was to get laid off. That's when I knew I was going to follow my dream and start my own business painting and organizing. Of course, we have had to downsize. We sold our more expensive house - bought one for half the price - paid off all our debts (cars, CC, etc.) so we would only have 1 cheap mortgage, and had to move further out of the city. But so far it has been worth it. My stress level has diminished (which I really think is helping me to finally lose weight) and I am not so miserable that I don't want to get up and go to work every day.

You are an amazingly smart woman to know that you have to follow your dreams and the rest will come. I truly believe that. It is hard work, but it is gratifying. As they say, "Follow your bliss".

kicker_RN
04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I tried a recipe from Deb's cookbook last night. It was fantastic!:carrot: I tried the Lasagne in a bun. My DH loved it, my DS liked it but is not big on ricotta cheese. I had leftovers so sent them with DH to work. I am trying chicken pizza tonight. I have been struggling maintaining lately- just too many nibbles and such. I will recommit to being POP to get the couple pounds that I have put on. Things have been rough here- my 17 yr old DD (maybe evil is better :devil: ) decided she didn't want to continue with culinary school so she quit college then decided that she didn't want to follow our rules. So she moved out with her bf.
We have told her it is all a mistake but she thinks she knows it all. My DH & I are heartbroken needless to say. I think it hurts my DH more because she was always daddy's little girl. So my eating has been a little rocky.
Enough of my whining- hope everyone has a great POP day!

MomOfThreeTeens
04-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I remember that girl now Nicole. She was still in the recovery stage and doing well!

Shannon- to answer your question, the TT is needed more for me from having 3 c-sections. The first because my baby weighed 11 pounds 1 oz. With all that stretching and a vertical incision my doctor told me my stomach would never be the same. I could weigh a hundred pounds and my stomach would still look bad. Thats the reason I decided on the surgery.

Kimphin
04-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Kim - funny how you remember what your brother said ALL those years ago!! Humor must run in your family.

Years ago? He said that to me last week!

Actually he was a terror, not a comic. One time my sister was making a cake and I was watching and he walked past me and fed my pigtail into the beaters. Yup, sucked me in right up to the scalp! (He denies all knowledge of this)
I got off easy compared to my next oldest sis. She has a metal plate in her head because she kept asking for the hammer. He gave it to her, overhand thow. Of course now that I think of it, she CAN be a pain.... LOL.

mamato2girls
04-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to pop in yesterday, but we were really busy at work. Still busy today, but I wanted to share my good news from WI. Somehow between Thursday and today, I lost 2.4 lbs!!! I don't think I've lost that much in such a short period the whole time I've been on LAWL. The best news of all is that this puts me in the 130's...and only 9.8 lbs. from goal!!! :carrot:

Well, back to work I go. Hope everyone has an awesome POP day!!

KrispieD
04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
what's going on in the USA??? Everyone is losing two pounds!!! If I lots two I would hit goal.. but I think I may have stalled it..*entering confessional*
had a great POP day yesterday, was a tad hungry but measured and ate everything, then after dinner.. BOOM... some sick monster in me headed for the last of the mini smartie boxes that were left from Halloween. and ate 4 of them!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't keep any junk in the house but had those for the girls.. so not only did I cheat but with their candy!!! GASP!!! *Slinking under a rock*

Angie
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Katie and Joni and Juliemarie Or should I call you the 2lb club? Congratulations to each of you on your losses!

Katie The puppy is so cute! What is his name?

Juliemarie I had a bad month too, and I too can use any excuse and feel like my cheating is justified. Its never too late to stop it and turn things around though. Ill give you a confession in returnI ate a cheeseburger and onion rings last Friday. Makes me wonder what I would have lost if Id skipped that little cheat.

Jillian Hope the meds help and you feel better. Its lousy to feel like crap on your day off.

Nicole Good luck at your interview! Im with everyone else, Id go for sure, even if you dont accept the job. That way you wont have p!ssed them off if you decide later that you should have gone.

Cassi I admire your decision to change careers too. For me it would be a bit like the alcoholic working the bar, I dont think I could resist BLTs nevermind whole meals. My friends parents opened a little breakfast/lunch place in an office building. Perfect hours5:00 a.m. 2:00 p.m. Monday-Friday since the building is not open on weekends. Id love that!

Barb in BC Im sorry things are so rough with your DD. Shes young and impulsive, Im sure shell come around after a little venture out into the big world.

Wendy Way to go on 2.4 more lbs. You are doing so great, youll be at goal in no time!

Kristen If 4 teensy mini m & ms stall your losses, then there is no god. About stealing candy last week I said to DS Soon, the Easter Bunny is coming to our house and hes going to bring chocolate for you! and he said, for you too mama!, and I felt guilty knowing how right he wasIll be stealing an egg or some bunny ears for sure!

Mama Nicole
04-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Cassi….debt sucks. That’s all I have to say about that. Both DH and I have some pretty hefty student loans to pay off…….and I am not even finished with school yet. But you know…..student loan companies are a lot more cooperative and nice than other finance companies. If you are not working after you graduate…..or not making enough $$$, you can usually get student loan payments deferred. My stay at home status keeps me from making those payments right now…….and it’s a darn good thing. It will be soo worth it………even if you have to pay on it for a long, long time. You just cannot put a price on happiness.

Katie……….your puppy is soooo cute. I so wanted my kids to experience puppies, but my dog has never conceived. It’s ok………..I am busy enough as it is……..but I totally remember that experience from childhood…….and it was incredible.

Jillian……so sorry that you have allergies……I do too……..it just sucks.

Nashville Debbie………soooo good to have you back……..love your Buddha picture. My kids all call their tummies their Buddha. My fault. LOL.

All the talk about surgery and the skin and all that………..there are really no subjects that I know of that are offensive to anyone here. We pretty much talk about it all. I would have a TT in a heartbeat…….but I am too scared………and cheap. Someday, I may change my mind………and it is purely for vanity reasons. I have never had a flat tummy……or even close to a flat tummy, even when I was a size 4…..and that would fulfill a life dream for me. So, please, don’t ever be afraid of offending anyone with a question or concern……..if you are thinking it…someone else is too.

Kim….one time, when I was about 8 years old……I walked into the bathroom, only to find my favorite Barbie, hanging from the fan/light……….by her hair…..with a nice slash across the back of her hairline……so she appeared to be hanging by her scalp. Brothers are idiots. LOL. I love mine. Both of them.

Thank you everyone, who encouraged me to go on the interview. I do need to get out of the house……and Joni…..your list of reasons is exactly my list of reasons………..but I am a bit nervous. Mostly of how things will go down here………DH isn’t exactly the world’s best housekeeper. He is a bit spoiled. But so am I. It would definitely be a learning experience for both of us. I will go to the interview…..and decide what I want to do later…….if they offer me the job that is…..LOL.

JM…….I would be exactly where you are with the eating thing if I were in your shoes. I eat for every reason. My dad is having a knee replacement next week (I will be in Wisconsin), and he has had a few surgeries over the last few years. Well, my sister and I eat at the hospital to pass time. We are really just pretty gross. Last time dad had surgery, the stinkin cafeteria ladies recognized us, and gave us the employee discount,. They told us that when they see the same faces for a few days in a row………they know a family member is in rough shape……..and that is one of the ways the hospital tries to make it a bit easier on the families. Pretty nice of them……..but that is just too much for me to resist. Sis and I have had many discussions on how you feel about food when you are in the binging state. It’s like you start to eat something because it tastes good……and then….you HAVE to finish it…….even if it kind of hurts your tummy. It’s like some fatty devil takes over your brain and forces you to do it. And for me……all it takes is one bite of something off plan. It doesn’t happen every time……but it is a big risk every time. The whole cycle of it makes me feel completely out of control……and really just disgusted with myself. I feel completely unattractive and well…….just kind of sad. It is not a good place to be for me………so, if that is anything at all like how you were feeling……….the only way to break it is to get OP……and it’s not even about the pounds anymore…….it’s about getting control back. So, as I read that back, I realize that I sound completely crazy…….and most likely you don’t feel quite that way……….but we all do to an extent, I think. So, even though I just made a big old speech, what I really want to say is……….I am glad for you that you are back in the game J Also……I used to wash and fold my newly expected baby’s clothing many times during the last month or so………..and hold them up to my face and smell them…….and….you know. We are so excited for you!!!

Joni…….a life coach………you know, my DD’s counselor has that printed on her business card………..and the name of it almost makes me giggle a bit……but dang…….couldn’t we ALL use a life coach???? I know I could.

Hi Wendy II……..I am glad you are feeling better J Now, get you’re a$$ moving on that treadmill!!!!

Barb……I am so sorry to hear about your heartache with DD. My DD is 16 ½………and she struggles a bit……and you know, it is sooo bizarre to me to think that she is almost an adult………I just don’t want to let her go…….EVER. I empathize with you my dear……and please, whine away…….that is why we are here!!!

Hi Kim#2

HOLY CRAP WENDY!!! WTG…….you are withering away before our very eyes! WHHOOOOHOOOOOO!

Miss Kristen………it will be ok. 4 smarties is NOTHING. I’m sure you burned them up within an hour. Candy is the devil……for sure. And don’t worry………I didn’t lose two pounds…….I’ll wait for you, my dear!!!!

Hello to everyone and anyone I missed. I think of you all, and am continually inspired by you…….even if I don’t remember all of the names J

Ok, have to get something done here today……..it’s grey and rainy…….but the laundry is always there waiting for me………so I’m never bored!!!
XOXO

juliemarie
04-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Nicole-I understood EXACTLY what you wrote . . . . .it's an awful place to be.

So last weekend I took all Josie's clothes to my mom's so we could wash and sort and decided what to pack. When I get there-with my 4 bags of clothes (seriously)-she asked me if I brought baby soap. I'm like, "huh?"

There's a lot of things I need to learn about babies-but I thought I knew how to do LAUNDRY for cryin out loud! Anyway-off to the store for Dreft and liquid Downy . . . .OMG-those clothes smell and feel so good . . . .

Barb316
04-03-2007, 02:02 PM
WHAT COOKBOOK are you all talking about????????????

juliemarie
04-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Barb-Deb has complied a word doc of recipes and is willing to share it if you PM her with your email address . . . . .

KrispieD
04-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Hehe.. you all thought I meant 4 Smarties.. even I sclae obessed couldn't be that uptight.. it was 4 mini boxes.. and I did I mention the extra Lite and handful of gingersnaps.. Nicole your explanation of how you feel when over indulging is right on the nail.. you are so ticked off for even thinking of it, consciously aware when you are doing it and keep eating even when you should be done.. your 'full' button is shut off.. I used to have many many of those nights.. usually ending in some drive throughs and the convenience store.. now it still happens like last night but on a smaller scale. I think we talked on this board a few months ago about the Self Sabotage Monster.. when you are very close to a goal but then you go and cheat.. I'd love to take some psych courses to understand all the meanings behind that!
Nicole.. you can only take the job if it means we don't see any less of you.. do they have an overnight shift??
Joni.. you broke the girls' hearts.. I just promised them a handmade wooden carved Easter bunny from Auntie Joni!!

Keep at it guys.. I'm covered in paint splatters trying to prime a wee bathroom that we took 15 year old wallpaper off.. just stumbled and banged my head on the wall which has my bangs completely coated in white primer.. stop laughing Kim.... so will shampoo get this out and how can I get the paint off my hands without using turpentine.. I do have delicate skin ya know!!!

Wendelina
04-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the kick Nicole!! Can you call me tonight at like 6 tell me again??

Barb316
04-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks Julie! I am gonna do that!

Mama Nicole
04-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Joni.......love that you put your adorable smiley face avatar back up. It is my favorite :)

Mama Nicole
04-03-2007, 02:22 PM
no problem, Wendy..........I'll call you right after my job interview :)

Mama Nicole
04-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh, and congrats Kristen.........on TBL challenge. You kicked some serious booty lady :) XOXO

equinetcan
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Nicole - Good luck on your interview - I hope it goes well. I had one last friday and we are supposed to find out tomorrow. So here's to waiting another day!!

I am doing FF today and tomorrow with the dreaded juice. COD owed me a bottle from when I joined and I was unable at that time to do TO. So now I am doing it. I have come to the conclusion that I like it better with the oranges but I will stick it out the 2 days. I go get weighed again on thursday morning after it is all over. So it is chicken, haddock and salad greens for 2 days - then again that's what I eat a lot of the time anyway!! I am not hungry, just getting lots of exercise running to little girl's room!!

I had a new girl at my COD yesterday and she was nice. They are actively recruiting new people so we will have some more new faces in the next few weeks as well.

I go see my furkid tonight. This month it will be later than it has been though as I am working 11-7 this month versus 930-530 for the past 4 months. But I'll still go over and just stay until 930 or so.

Well, I only had a few minutes and I have to get back to work again. I'll check in later!!

Joni135
04-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Kristen - boy, now I feel like a schmuck! Can you run out and buy them something special and just tell them it's from me? XOXOX
Joni.. you broke the girls' hearts.. I just promised them a handmade wooden carved Easter bunny from Auntie Joni!!

No advice on getting rid of the paint on your hands. Why not just color some easter eggs and just use your hands instead of the dipping tool. You can choose what color you want your hands to be...I suggest bright pink. The bangs should grow out in about four weeks. Can you post a new avatar showing us your new and improved look?

Juliemarie - too funny about the baby soap. I thought they just sold that stuff to make more money and appeal to new moms.

Nicole - I just love reading your posts. "Novels by Nicole" - please keep writing. Screw Home Depot; just stay here. DH and the kids need you.

Wendy: great loss; Wendy II - see results from Wendy I; she used her treadmill every day last week.

Barb - sorry your daughter is giving you and DH a hard time. Hopefully some day she'll have a daughter of her own that will put her through the same pains you are going through....I totally believe in "payback."

smjezzy
04-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey how bad is Thai food? "dietwise" I got Pad Puk or some such (stir fried chicken with mixed veggies served with 1 cup rice). I count it as 1/2 P (it was less than 3 oz chicken), 2V, 2S (I had about 1/2 cup rice) and 1Fat. I think I need to stick with eating at home, counting this food when I go out is confusing.

Barb I sympathize with you. I have an 18 year old son who is now a "man" and can do whatever he wants (or so he says). I spend most of my nights in tears. As for payback...boy am I getting it. Funny thing is I don't remember being disrespectful to my mom. My son is an only child and I'm a single parent so I'm getting both parents ration of crap. He used to be so sweet and thoughtful though so this is taking me by surprise. BUT I'll take this over health issues since I know this will pass............if I let him live thru it.

pjbeau
04-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Good afternoon!

Well all you losers...I found your 2lbs! Don't know why, but I was up this morning. Then I broke the free food rule...I ate a donut...I'm embarrassed to say so and I was so mad at myself afterwards. I've been fine other than that brief moment of weakness.

I really am happy for everyone who is losing. Keep it up! :carrot:

Mama Nicole
04-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Juliemarie - too funny about the baby soap. I thought they just sold that stuff to make more money and appeal to new moms.

Nicole - I just love reading your posts. "Novels by Nicole" - please keep writing. Screw Home Depot; just stay here. DH and the kids need you.

"

Joni and JM........I used to always buy dreft..........and then when my laundry got to be such a chore...I still kept my baby clothes seperate.......but I washed them in Tide or Era, just like the rest of the family.........I just double rinsed them. Either way seemed fine.......but it is really fun to buy dreft :)

And, Joni....yeah, thanks a lot.......LOL.......appealing to my wife/mother guilt........LMAO..........you sound like my sister!!! When I told her I was going for the interview, she said, "what, now you are going to go and screw up everything........" and I was like, what the **** are you talking about......and she said, "now when I come to visit you, you are going to have to go to work!!!!" LOL. That's my sis...........honest to a fault. One of my other girlfriends shrieked out a, "WHAT????" when I told her that I applied. She wanted to know if I needed my head examined......LOL. If nothing else..........this day and decision making process should be interesting :)

It's still raining and grey here............and I really wanted to do a bit more gardening.......oh well.

I'll fill ya all in later.

And Alannah......I hope you get good news tomorrow.
XOXO

Wendelina
04-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Joni - Thanks.. I needed that! Wendy began about the same time I did and she's way ahead of me. I must catch up!! :-)

Nicole - good luck on your interview.. I'll be waiting for that call..

Shannon - My 14 yr old daughter may not live to see her 15th birthday... teenagers!!!

Alannah - good luck on your TO

Dang.. outta time again.. argh. I hate the beginning of the month.. no time to play!

smjezzy
04-03-2007, 03:57 PM
What's a free food rule?

Mama Nicole
04-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Paula............I feel your pain......I have been OP for like 6 days, with less than a pound loss.............oh well. push on..........push on.......or as megan says.........just keep swimming ;)

DenverChick
04-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Oh Kristen! I hope you aren't priming with Kilz2. I got some of that in my hair a couple of months ago on a job and it took 5 washings to get it out! And, if you're using an oil based primer, sadly you will have to use paint thinner or turpentine to get it off your hands. I usually wear latex gloves when I am using oil based so the clean up isn't so hideous.

OK, who all is watching AI tonight??? Please let Sanjaya be soo bad he has to get voted off. I have decided that the best way shows like this could get around the "votefortheworst.com" ploys would be to have people vote for the one person they think should go every week instead of who they want to stay.

Barb, I am sorry about your daughter. Sadly, I hate to admit I did the EXACT same thing when I was 17 - quit beauty school and got kicked out of the house cause I couldn't live be the rules. Seems to be all too common. I swear to this day that I am the one who gave my mom the patch of grey hairs on the right side of her temple and my little brother gave her the ones on the left. If is is any concillation (and I know that is hard to think of now), I am 42, grew up to be pretty successful and have a very close relationship with my mother now (since I was about 22). I think most 16, 17 and 18 year olds think they know everything and think they are ready to be out on thier own. As hard as it is, let her go out there and find out how hard it is. It will help her gain some appreciation of you. It might take a little while, but she'll get there. Until then , big :hug: s for you.

Nicole, hope you kicked butt in your interview.

Kimphin
04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
SHannon - free food rul e- THere are no 'free' foods. Just because someone else brought them to work doesn't mean you can eat them without repurcussion.

Also, I'd have to day that Thai food is also high on the sodium side, but Dan is the salt police, not me.

Kristen - LOL, there are easier ways to highlight your hair, girlie. OK, I know I seem to have a 'story' for everything, but... please do not wash with turpentine. When I was a kid the people down the block did that because they got paint in their hair, but they were smokers too.... and apparently did not rinse well enough.... and accidentally lit themselves on fire (3 of them). They all burned their hair off! I guess i fyou are not going to be around smokers it's OK....

smjezzy
04-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Also, I'd have to day that Thai food is also high on the sodium side, but Dan is the salt police, not me.

I've been waiting for Dan to chastise me for the salt but he seems to be slacking up on his salt police responsibilities <tapping foot>

kicker_RN
04-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for all the support guys :) The funny thing is I was just talking to her on the computer & she was telling me how stressed she was. She was saying that she only had $15 until the middle of the month & she is only getting 3 days a week at work and she is going to have to try and pawn her TV and DVD player. I just said yeah it is tough having bills and no money. I think she was hoping I would say that I would give her money. We told her when she moved out that she was welcome back to live by our rules but there would be no money help when she was on her own. I wasn't a bad teenager but my sister and brothers were challenging. So I know one day hopefully she will see the wisdom of her parents. The tough thing is that my health is a challenge as well so she may not have the luxury of 15 yrs to come around.
Joni- I am sooo gullible I thought that you had painted those bunnies!:o
Nicole - good luck on your interview!
:bunny2:

Angie
04-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Nicole – Maybe HD would let you just work in their garden center for the summer…you could get free plants!

Dan2112
04-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I've been waiting for Dan to chastise me for the salt but he seems to be slacking up on his salt police responsibilities <tapping foot>

Ahem....:club:

It's always a good bet that when you eat any kind of Asian food, there's gonna be plenty of salt added... I'm just as guilty.. Liz and I still occassionally visit the buffet at the mall... But we limit what we intake and we make sure that we select foods that aren't swimming in sauce..

At a sit down restaurant, ask if you can get the sauce on the side... We do that at the Pei Wei place near the mall.. They just cook the meat and veg in the wok and give us a cup of sauce for dipping.. Much like with salad dressing..

I was whipping up some pad thai noodles the other night and noticed that the included sauce packet, if used, kicks up the sodium count to close to 1,000 mg (!!!), so I just ditched that and used lower sodium teriaki and soy, along with a healthy dash of low (50 mg) chipotle chile sauce and it was great..

equinetcan
04-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi guys,

Thought I'd do a quick stop in on my last break of the day. I can tell ya one thing - I have never had this much trouble doing TO before. I am hungry. I have just finished my supper and I thought I made enough but apparently I was wrong. And I am not going home after work right away so I'll have to deal with it until I get home. Lord knows there won't be anything I can eat at the ex's place tonight. He is lucky most days if there is bread in the house let alone anything else!!! I have some chicken left at home so I know I can have some of that once I get there and then tonight I am getting something cooked for tomorrow. I'll have to take supper to work tomorrow too as I am working till 9 doing OT. But I'll make it - I am just stubborn enough. I just hope it was worth it when I get weighed on thursday!!!

Well, this was short and to the point. I have just over an hour left here before I can leave for the day.

TTYL!!

Dan2112
04-03-2007, 05:17 PM
You'll make it!!!

smjezzy
04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
:rofl: You'll make it!!!

LOVE the new pic DAN!

pjbeau
04-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Dan - love the new avatar...you crack me up.

Barb - My best friend is going through the exact same thing as you. Her daughter decided life was too hard at home and moved out the day after she turned 18. Thing is she really doesn't have a place to live, so she has been bouncing from friend to friend. My best friend is heartbroken and worries about her constantly. At least so far she is still going to school...high school!

ElleofALady
04-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey Everybody! I'm still floating on clound 9 today about breaking the 60's. Anyway, had some meetings today, so been kind of busy. Looks like everyone is in a chatty mood today. I am watching Oprah right now...what is your calling. Right now, it is being a SAHM. Never would have thought so four years ago while sitting in my corporate office, but this is one thing I am certain about.

Cassi- Good Luck to you and your venture into cooking school! Great for you to take a chance on yourself and not being complacent. You obviously have a great support system at home.

Deb in Nashville- Now which one are you in the picture again:?: ??? JK! I know what you mean about taking the last "fat" picture of yourself. However, because I am such a ham, I find myself in front of camera...just as recent as last week.

Bobby- Keep on losing. It's amazing how we have lost about the same amount of weight. Have a POP day.

Joni- Congrats on the 2lbs. It's the "pollen" in the water here in GA that's helping us lose the lbs. Yeah- that's it. Man, my nose is going to fall off soon from blowing every few minutes.

Kim- Just wanted to say hey to you! You are always so upbeat.

JulieM- 2lbs sounds good! I still use Dreft and my baby is just 7 months. I love the smell of baby clothes.

Dan- Nice pic. You look much happier in this one. Liz must have given you a big hug before going to work that day. Glad you are at least maintaining...I read your posts from the weekend.

Barb- I'm trying the chicken pizza tonight, too. Deb's cookbook is a life saver!

Libby- Sounds like you are an amazingly smart woman, too!

Kim 2- I'm glad you answered Shannon's question. I wanted to ask but as a newbie, I wasn't sure. Thanks!

Wendy - WTG! You will hit goal any day now!

Kristen- I agree with you about the SS Monster. Kick him to the curb! You are doing great! Heck, you are a SUPA STAH!

Angie- I'll be stealing a cream egg myself. Hope that helps you feel better. ;)

Nichole- How did the interview go?

And to anyone else I am leaving out...sorry, but I have got to start dinner. I will let you know how the pizza goes. TC!

Wendelina
04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
OMG - Lmao at Dan and his new avatar!! What a great way to end a perfectly cruddy day.. thanks Dan for the giggle!!

kicker_RN
04-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Dan - Love the new avatar! I needed the laugh:rofl:

KrispieD
04-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Okay I SO needed that.. thank you Dan!!!
If anyone has no clue what we are talking about.. scroll up to Dan's new avatar.. Cassi warning you may bust a rib laughing.. I nearly did.!

LittleBlueCat
04-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Dan - That's just too funny!! :lol3:

I used to be the Salt Police here at work. To the point, the girls would cover my eyes before they salt their food. I've always pretended to have a heart attack when they use the salt. They even put in a few extra dashed just to see me roll my eyes! Crazy people. But now, one of the girls is having major health problems. Dr ordered to lose over 150 pounds (she's over 300), and all of a sudden, they started reporting to me their daily weight. We have a manuel big o'fashioned scale in the office. The kind you move the weights around. To the point they printed out a spreadsheet for me to track who loses the most! I'm thinking Office Biggest Loser Challenge!

That was awesome, Dan, simply awesome!!

Joni135
04-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Dan - you're a mess! How's the birthday challenge progressing...

Barb - Not only do I believe in "payback" but I also believe in "tough love." You are definitely doing the right thing. Hope she comes around. Libby speaks from experience, so I would definitely listen to what she has to say.

Kim - too funny...sounds like something that would happen here in Georgia!
When I was a kid the people down the block did that because they got paint in their hair, but they were smokers too.... and apparently did not rinse well enough.... and accidentally lit themselves on fire (3 of them). They all burned their hair off!

Letisha - another Georgia gal; bet you were happy to see the rain wipe away some of that pollen. I know I was.

Nicole - ah...on second thought, based on these types of comments, perhaps you DO need that job at HD! "really fun to buy dreft," AND "the laundry is always there waiting for me………so I’m never bored!!!"

I have to tape AI tonight; too much going on. I hate though when I don't vote. At this point, I'm convinced Sanjaya is going to win and next year they'll have to figure out a way to fix the voting mess.

mamato2girls
04-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Dan - You are TOO funny!!

Been in a great mood since WI today. Even got out and took a walk with DH and the girls tonight. Wanted to enjoy the nice weather, since it's going to get cold again in the next couple of days. Hope everyone has a great night!!

Debbie367
04-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Dan, Dan, Dan....The new avatar totally cracked me up. I need a bigger version to print out and post on my fridge!

Kristen- Your new bangs really got me! It's totally something I would do and then spend the next 2 days trying to get it out only to make it worse. Yep that's me!!!

Cassie- I can't wait to hear all your chef stories! I hope that we can be your first customers. I would totally hire you to cater an LAWL friendly function.

Nicole - Who says you have to accept the position if you interview?? Just a thought :-)

I was dreading the COD today, TOM is here and I just knew I would be up but to my surprise I was down 1.6lbs!!! Yaaaay for Buddha! My counselor was a dud - I think she was severely depressed....didn't even crack a smile or ask any questions....but hey I was down and I was outa there!!!!

Tonight I wanted something chocolate and gooey so I nuked a chocolate crunch bar and then topped it off with a dash of Lite whipped cream.....sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!

Congrats to all you -2lbs and all those who stuck to it today...WE CAN DO IT!

JLem311
04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
just a quick check in...i got on my home scale this afternoon and it was @ 229.6..I broke away from the 230's! But I know with clothes it won't be that way at WI on thursday..but at least i saw it and i'm pretty much there! whooo!

JLem311
04-03-2007, 08:53 PM
oh and dan..you're freakin' hilarious! love the new pic! my dh calls me the sodium police at home too. i'm such a stickler for too much sodium. :)

Miss Hawthorne
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone...well, I feel a little sheepish! I have been lurking for a little while. I needed to get back on plan and I learned that when I am active with you all, I do great!! But, when I am not so active, I do not so well!! So I PM'd Deb for the cookbook, but it was the WRONG DEB...how embarrassed was I? Anyways, where's MTDebster? Hmmm?
And, I didn't open a separate screen, so I can't remember everyone's info, so here's my attempt at personal.
Dan - I love your avatar. That is hilarious!
Joni - That was a funny April Fool's joke...I totally believed it.
Kaite (?) - Yay for puppies! I think we are getting another one (our third, but they all weigh less than 20 pounds) from a rescue near here. I love dogs!!
Cassie - You could start a LAWL friendly restaurant! I hear cha chings!
Deb - The Budda pic rocks and I am jealous that you wen to HI!!
OK, that was all from memory...but there are some people that I definitely felt their absense...Pearl? Evette? that other guy that comes around once in a while (see, I really am a lurker!!)
Oh, and who is ready to start a Memorial day challenge?? I need a challenge!!!!!!

Joni135
04-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi Lara - don't be a stranger. It's no longer allowed. LOL. If you need Deb's cookbook, PM me with your email addy and I can send to you. It's a zip file.

Dan - Liz is free to make this her new avatar!!

mamabanana
04-03-2007, 09:13 PM
hey all:) Wanna hear depressing? My best friend had a baby 6 days ago (so cute, not depressing) and weighed a whopping (SARCASM HERE) 155- today she weighs LESS THAN ME- DANG!!!!!!!!! Her normal is like 118, shes a little shorter than me, but HOW DEPRESSING IS THAT? Im struggling with a few pounds, shes almost back to pre preg weight -although still looks a little pregnant and yet, STILL LIGHTER THAN ME- WAHHHHHHHHHH (LOLLL!!!!!!)

ElleofALady
04-03-2007, 09:26 PM
The pizza was great.

Dan- I need to type faster...by the time I finished replying, you were Mr. Sodium Police! How funny is that pic!?!

Tomorrow is WI at COD. Hope this losing streak keeps going. That is all I will say.

Off to watch DWS. Am I the only one to watching? I hope Barbie & Ken leave tonight. Maybe even Clive/Clide...

Good Night!

juliemarie
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Dan- Love it! That's a keeper . . .

Well-so far so good today. Got treated to lunch at Applebee's by a rep-had a salad . . ..did a spinning class (rubber legs!), came home and had a snack-and figured I better get on the computer so I don't rummage for more food before I make dinner-my "famous" foil-wrapped mahi mahi with spinach and tomatoes .. . . .

Wonder if I can lose another 2 lbs by tomorrow . . . .

Lara-jump back in-that's what I had to do. I was in denial for over a month.

Debbie-nice loss!

Mama Nicole
04-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey everyone........

Dan.......love the avatar. It's perfect.

So......I had my interview........yeay me...I went. I almost didn't.......but DH came home early so that it would be less stressful for me to leave (love him). The interview was "interesting." I had gone over all the basic interview questions in my head throughout the day.......you know, the "why did you apply here"......or, "what do you feel are your strengths/weaknesses," and, "why do you feel you are qualified for this position," and all that fun stuff......only to find out that when I got there, 10 minutes early, that the HR manager would say, "well, it's going to be about 20 minutes......." I was a bit put off at first......but I was early......so I figured I'd better not judge just yet. Also.........wouldn't this give me a free pass to be oh, about 20 minutes late if they hired me???LOL Anyway..........after about 30 minutes (apparently, my time is not as valuable as hers is..........oh, yeah, do you see my attitude...LOL)........I was seated in her office with her and her scheduler. So, they seemed friendly enough to me............although neither extended their hand when they greeted me. I found that odd, but forgot about it until just now. Anyway............oh, sometimes I even irritate myself at how long it takes me to get to the point of my story...........as I was saying...........the entire interview consisted of 9 essay questions that I was to answer orally. That's all.....nothing less, nothing more. I sh** you not. Now, I realize it has been a long time since I have interviewed for a job........but I really expected just a bit more substance than that. I will give you an example of one of the questions........Give an instance of a time when you had too many things to do in a set amount of time, and you knew you could not get them all done...what you did to rectify the situation, and how did it turned out? Please be specific. Now.......I was somewhat impressed......until about the 6th question..........it seemed to get a bit old to me............because it was WAY too over the top for a cashier postion. Also........I felt almost silly answering sooo many of the questions with instances of being a SAHM. I wasn't embarassed (I take a lot of pride in my job.....if you don't know me yet, I am the world's most women's libber SAHM) .......it just felt a little redundant. I kept thinking.........this is what everyone deals with EVERYDAY.......we all have to prioritize, and make choices, and be time efficient, and multi-task, and what not. It ended with a role play situation, where I was the sales associate and I had to "handle" an angry customer. Oh, yeah, she read the entire drama out from her little pamphlet......which she recorded my answers to the essay questions on, in her words, not mine........and I had to assist her. Oh, and part of the game was that the store manager and assistant manager were both in an important meeting......so it was all me. She further instructed me to just "make anything up" about the products she was asking about........cuz they didn't expect me to know their products............they just wanted to see how I would handle an angry customer. All I could think was..........does this happen on the sales floor all the time???? LOL. Anyway......I guess I didn't realize that I was applying to be the next president of the United States of America................I thought I was just going for cashier at this point. I know, I am bitc**ng a lot............it's just funny to me. The last time I was hired for a retail job, I got hired on my intelligence (a math test) and character. The last time I was applying for a job.......the managers who interviewed went with their instinct.........not a personality test. It's strange.........it's like people stopped thinking......and having common sense. Anywhoo........they said they would let me know by friday. So that was a little humbling..........as I have never applied for a job that I was qualified for, and not been offered it on the spot. But, it is good to be humbled every now and then. :) It is also good, cuz then I have a lot of time to decide if I really want the job.........thank you all SOOOOOO much for your support on this today. Sometimes it's really uncomfortable to step out of your comfort zone..........right Cassi??????

And Joni..........too funny.....your quotes from my posts.....:) I don't really know what will happen.......guess I won't know until they make me an offer. You would think they would have given me SOME sort of info on the job, so that I could decide if I wanted to work for THEM, right?

WendyII....did you hear me calling........I stuck my head out the window, and yelled as loud as I could........"get your fat a$$ on the treadmill WendyII in Tropical Minnesota!!!" If the neigbors didn't already supsect my insanity.......they do now.

Ok, must watch AI now.............I"m sooo excited.....it's like the highlight of my day.....LOL
XOXO

JLem311
04-03-2007, 11:04 PM
nicole...you are hilarious! love reading your stories. i wish you worked at my starbucks. :) it's a super fun place to work!
hope you get the outcome you want on the job.

BobbySam
04-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey everyone. Trying to keep up with all the posts. Sounds like everyone's been losing. I go for WI tomorrow and hope to keep the streak going!

Nicole, re: your interview. Whew! What a lot to go through for a cashier's position! I'm proud of you for going because it is a big step (I'm a SAHM who just started working again last year - I don't consider it really working though as I help my friend who manages a store here and only work during school hours, still take all holidays, including all summer off to be with the kids). I went for a "real" interview this past summer and it was eye-opening for me too. I guess a lot has changed in the interviewing process. Good for you for going :bravo: It's always a learning experience!

Hope everyone has a good night -- I'm off to watch AI!

KoffeeDiva
04-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Hi all!
Sorry about being MIA for so long. Never fear, I'm still gaining and losing the same pound I've been losing and gaining since Christmas. I've spoken with on of the counselors at the COD and she's going to contact the dietician about it. Let's see what they have to say.

Kristen - I am still dying laughing about your father and the potty money! You tell the story so well I can almost imagine myself being there to hear the conversation!

Sorry about not posting any personals... life has been so crazy I'm still trying to catch up here!

Have a great POP day everyone!

KrispieD
04-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Lorraine you are too cute! How nice to see a photo!

Well for those that heard about me sticking my bangs on the wall into white primer I found a solution.. I painted the first coat of color last night, it's called Cashew Nut so a very soft beige.. since I'm a blonde I think I'll just brush up against this color and it will look close to my own! Hmmm cheap fix for highlights.. maybe longer lasting!

I'm up early as DH was out last night, gone this am for a meeting and I have to get both girls up and to school for 'picture day'. Heaven help me get two perfect pony tails on the little one and some ringlets on the big one :)
And for all those keeping count.. and I know you are... remember only3 more days until I can have the coffee again that I gave up for Lent! I hope the Easter Bunny drops Starbucks gift certificicates for me.. he can keep the chocolate but I'm going to live at the coffeeshop next week and drink lattes every day.. okay decaf and non fat.. but to me that is still coffee.
Next year for lent, after reading about all the hard times moms have down the road.. and I thought I was dying right now with the tantrums... I will now officially declare that I am giving up my kids for Lent.. so Aunt Joni.. I'll let you know when the 40days are so you can ready their room and mark it off on you calendar!!

Kimphin
04-04-2007, 09:02 AM
LOL -Kristen you are killing me. I think the Pope decried giving up your children for lent a few decades ago, back when my Mom tried it. Sorry. Now you have low lights to go with your highlights! Just think of the money you have saved!

Dan - LOVE the pic. You crack me up! Now we need to get you a badge.

Nicole - OK, Home Depot goes through all of that to hire their employees? I mean , honestly, you are so over-qualified to work there it isn't even funny. Of the hundreds of people employed at the 3 HD near me, there are maybe 5 of them who know their a$$ from a hole in the drywall. With what you know just from personal experience you would be head and shoulders above most. Corporate hooey, that's what you just went through. LOL you probably know more about their products than the HR person! Ooh - I'm so mad for you - DO NOT feel bad! I'm sure you aced it, but now I don't think they deserve you. SO there.

Two days to go for spring break. Thank you, Lord. I'm the only one here next week, and I'm so happy about that! (I'm serious) SO - you all are going to think that I'm awful - but I have Friday off, and when DH realized that, he took it off too and I was like "Damn!" I really wanted the day to do my own thing. I know that sounds terrible, I really do love him, LOL... but we tend to do everything together.... I wanted some blank time. Argh. I sound like a whiny b**ch, but now my day will be running around doing 'projects'.Boo. I wanted to read a book.

Repo girl
04-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Morning all!

Kristen- Giving up your kids for Lent? Okay, now I need to find religion. That seems like a super plan! Catholic, right? LOL.

Nicole- Maybe you should have lied to them, started playing out serial killer scenarios. "Well, this one time, I had 5 heads in the freezer, and the cops were on their way to my house. Instead of panicing, I tore up the floor boards in the nursery and stuffed them all in there. By the time the police knocked the door down, I had a batch of banana bread in the oven, and they did not suspect a thing. I think that this a great example of how quickly I can move under pressure, react without panic, and multitask."

Dan- Too funny!

JM- Way to get back with the program. Your mahi mahi sounds wonderful!

I am on limited TO with bars the next 2 days. I already thought that I was starving to death on gold, now this! Ah, well, I am sick and tired of tight pants, so this should be my ticket!

Repo girl
04-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Kim- Oh, no. Not naughty of you at all. Maybe you better fake sick so that you can lay around in your jammies all day!

Kimphin
04-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Oh yeah, JM - the Mahi Mahi - sounds delish - is it posted here somewhere? Do tell!

Hi Katie! - Then DH would hover. He really is wonderful, just not when I vant to be alone! See - and then the Catholic guilt would set in and I would feel bad and not enjoy myself. I'm such a head case!!!!!

Oh, and I never finished my other post. I'm up .8 - Boo. I need to change my Easter challenge - what is our next mini challenge? Memorial Day? I signed up for the next Biggest Loser challenge - Kristen has inspired me.

Have a great day chicks and roosters!

ElleofALady
04-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Good Morning all!

Katie- Good luck with TO. Hopefully, this will help move some inches for you.

Kim- I know what you mean about that blank time. My husband still watches me brush my teeth and we've been together seven years. Sheez. Just enjoy the day with him anyway. You know how easily their feelings can get hurt. Poor Men.

Kristen- Awww...picture day! I know your little ones are going to look so cute. Why did you mention Cashew Nut? hmm... Now I want some cashews. I guess I'll eat an almond or two after WI.

Everyone else have a POP day. Oh yeah, did anyone see Barbie and Ken get the boot last night? Shandi acted so surprised...

TC!

KrispieD
04-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Katie I'm on the floor with your multi tasking answer for Nicole.. god Oprah's audience would demand we become a regular segment if they would let us on the show.. I'm going to call her! What's her number.. anyone???
Nicole for multi tasking tell them about all the ability to clean up poop, pi** and vomit all while maintaining a clean and sterile home and being able to prepare a wonderful POP dinner for yourself and another 2-3 dinners for you children with all different tastes.
Okay stayed the same at WI today so will paint off 1.4 lbs today as I have to WI again tomorrow since they are closed on Friday. Would be nice to get goal before as I started the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and could end before Easter.. I just want to get to stabilization so I can only have to WI twice a week!
Hope everyone is having a good day and look forward to more of your anecdotes!!

PS Dan I heard Rush is coming out with two new songs for the tour...
Shake your Salt All Over, and Sodium..It Makes me Crazy!!

equinetcan
04-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Nicole - I hear ya about the interview. What you had is the behaviour interview and that is what most interviews are these days. That's what I had last friday too. That's why I hate them so much. I would rather the staright forward ones that would actually enable you to show what you know and are capable of doing the job in question.

No news on my position yet but I am not optimistic. The day just started and I expect to hear something before 5.

I'll be back later!

juliemarie
04-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Kim-I don't really have a "recipe" per se . . . .it's just a really easy way to cook most any type of fish-salmon, mahi mahi, tilapia . . .

I take a big sheet of foil on a cookie sheet-put an entire bag o spinach (it REALLY cooks down-it's amazing!), some tomatoes, or onions or zucchini, whatever you like . . . .place the fish on top and drizzle just a bit of low sodium soy sauce on the spinach. Add some of your favorite seasonings or some lemon. Put another sheet of foil on top and seal the edges-bake around 350 or so until it smells really good. About 30-40 min.

I tend to buy the pre-marinated mahi mahi or tuna steaks at TJs-just add a fat serving for the olive oil that in there.

Tastes great and best of all-you just toss the foil. I'm lazy like that. Plus the fish is more steamed than baked and it's really tender and flaky.

kicker_RN
04-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Morning all
The chicken pizza was delish!! Even my DS who doesn't like chicken ate it. I couldn't find turkey pepperoni so I used tofu pepperoni. Of course I didn't let my DH or DS see the package or they wouldn't have eaten it. :D But they both loved it.
Hope everyone has a POP day!

juliemarie
04-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh-I didn't lose another 2 lbs. . . .but I am down .5 lbs . . . .

Boo'sMom
04-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Kim--I totally understand--I think we all need ME time. The last time I took a sick day (ie:mental health day) the school nurse called and my youngest failed her 3rd hearing test, then an hour later my oldest wiped out on roller blades and they thought her wrist was broken! Remind me to unplug the phone next time--LOL.

If the "giving up your kids for Lent" thing works out I will be converting, too.

Okay--back to work--just had to drop in.

Nicole--the interview was a joke--I have never heard of such!

LittleBlueCat
04-04-2007, 10:59 AM
JM - Your fish recipe sound delish! I think I'll try that tonight :) Thanks for the idea :hug:

Kimphin
04-04-2007, 11:02 AM
JM - I think I remember you posting that 'JM special fish" before. Sounds really yummy - and... I'm with you, the faster the clean-up the better! I'll give it a shot tonight ( haha, after all my complaining about wanting to be alone, turns out DH is going out with some friends tonight! I'm all better now!)

Lea Ann - well, that's exactly why I feel so guilty about wanting to be alone - it's not like I have kids! I really admire you guys for not losing your minds!

Mama Nicole
04-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Thank you all for agreeing with me on the ridiculousness of my interview.
Katie......yeah........I am sooo with you on your mutli-tasking answer. When I was telling my sister about the role play question.......and I'll give you the highlights of the senario.......my interviewer instructed me that when she looked up, the scene would start........so of course, I said, "hello, how can I help you....", and she went nuts on me........"Well, I have been here for over 30 minutes, and have not been able to get any help......I am here for this grill which you have advertised in the paper........yet it is no where to be found. I still need to get to the market, as I have a dinner party later tonight.........so, why on earth would you advertise a product that you don't even have??????" So.......after telling my sister this scene.........I told her, all I really wanted to reply with was, "F*&# You very much, have a nice day," and walk out of the stupid interview. LOL. Of course, that is not what I did.......I apologized to the 'customer,' and assured her we would find her grill, that they were on the overhead shelves, and that I would remain there with her until the fork lift came to get it down for her. Give me a break. Common sense, right? LOL Whatever.

Kristen.........I about died laughing about your Dad and his poopy present demands as well. LOL. Really. You must get your sense of humor from him. So far, DS is still doing well. Isn't it such a wonderful thing when they finally do it???? I just keep reminding myself that at any time, he may regress, and I may be removing toxic waste from any surface.....and that if that happens.....we will survive. It seems to help me keep it all in perspective then.

So, Joni......I am very curious to see what you think of my "behavior interview." You know........I almost wanted to laugh at one point. I sure hope they couldn't tell........oh well.

Ok, my friend, the laundry, is calling out................(that was for you, Joni)....and the boys already headed downstairs. I will be back in a bit :)
XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens
04-04-2007, 11:27 AM
LOL the serial killer story had me literally laughing out loud at my desk. The kids looked up and said " Whats so funny"? LOL

Consultation for the TT went great yesterday. I loved the Doctor I saw. Surgery is scheduled for May 22! Wooo hooo! College graduation for my Oldest son on May 11th, highschool graduation for my DD on May 18th then surgery on the 22nd! I think by that time I'll enjoy a few days being a bum in bed and letting them wait on me! LOL

Hope everybody is having a great day! My weekend totally sucked! Chips and dip were my evil monster this time! I just couldnt seem to stop sticking my hand in the bag. I'm gonna blme it on TOM. I dont usually have such a hard time resisting the junk. Oh well like you all say, today is a new day!

Mama Nicole
04-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Nicole - OK, Home Depot goes through all of that to hire their employees? I mean , honestly, you are so over-qualified to work there it isn't even funny. Of the hundreds of people employed at the 3 HD near me, there are maybe 5 of them who know their a$$ from a hole in the drywall. With what you know just from personal experience you would be head and shoulders above most. Corporate hooey, that's what you just went through. LOL you probably know more about their products than the HR person! Ooh - I'm so mad for you - DO NOT feel bad! I'm sure you aced it, but now I don't think they deserve you. SO there.

Two days to go for spring break. Thank you, Lord. I'm the only one here next week, and I'm so happy about that! (I'm serious) SO - you all are going to think that I'm awful - but I have Friday off, and when DH realized that, he took it off too and I was like "Damn!" I really wanted the day to do my own thing. I know that sounds terrible, I really do love him, LOL... but we tend to do everything together.... I wanted some blank time. Argh. I sound like a whiny b**ch, but now my day will be running around doing 'projects'.Boo. I wanted to read a book.

Kim..........first..........THANK YOU.......you said just what I needed to hear.........it is so creepy.......like we share the same brain......LOL. What did you call it.........4 arms, 4 legs, one brain.....or something like that......anyway...........that's all I could think as I left the place as well.........and this is how bad I am...........I was thinking, "man, out of all the fu($o's that have ever tried to help me when I have shopped here............how on earth did THEY pass that interview?????" All I can think is that they all took drama in school........cuz it was just weird.

And......as far as wanting to be alone...........I don't think you are terrible at all. I LOVE TO BE ALONE. I never get bored when I am alone. I don't think it happens for many of us, whether we have children or not. Even when I didn't have kids.......I was rarely alone. I hear you........and I really hope you get some of that precious chill time.

Ok, really going to check on boys now..............sure hope they didn't paint the basement or anything..............

Mama Nicole
04-04-2007, 11:34 AM
WHOOHOOO, congrats Kim#2............sooo excited for you.....and so glad you love your doc :)

bizlawchik
04-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Good morning all! Lots to catch up on already around here.

Dan - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the avatar!

Nicole - Your interview story cracked me up. Sorry you had to go through such crap, but that's what you get when someone in corporate for a big company makes the rules for each location. Cluelessness.

OK... picked up (well, really paid a LOT for) my chef whites and my knife/tool kit today. They asked me what size I was and I told them I really had no idea. The guy looks at me like how could you not know, and then I told him that I just lost 70lbs and I have no clue. So I run back and forth to the ladies room and it turns out I have a size large in the chef coat (with a lot of room, but I didn't want it to be tight over the hip/butt area), and ... get this... size MEDIUM pants. WOO HOO. I tried on the large first thinking I was being quite hopeful, but they were huge. The mediums fit nice and I have room in them. Since I just had a huge Passover dinner the last two nights, this was a very welcome thing. And I look pretty cute in them, I must say. Then they took my student ID picture and I actually didn't have a double chin.

It's really weird because I still see myself as the 260lb person. When doctors ask me how much I weigh I still want to say 2-something. DH and I were talking about a trip to Disney and I was thinking about fitting in the rides and realized I won't have that problem. All of those things that I used to worry about, I'm still finding it strange that I don't have to worry about it. I'm no longer the biggest girl in the room when I go somewhere. It's strange how thoughts like that become ingrained.

OK... way off topic there. Just started rambling. Gotta get some work done. Chat later.

juliemarie
04-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Cassi-how exciting! It's so fun to start a new "chapter" in your life like that . . . .and congrats on the medium pants. Someday . . .I will join you . . .

Nicole-I HATE interviews like that! Makes me want to gouge my eye out. And role-playing? gimme a break! My last visit with the social worker was to go over the topics in this workbook they gave me- a lot of touchy feely exercises I just couldn't bring myself to do. "Imagine your child and draw a picture of him/her . . ." Of course-you would need to do this before receiving the assignment/pic of your child. . . .I really don't get the point of stuff like that-anyone could act out or reply the "perfect" way-but that doesn't mean they'll react that way in reality.

Kimphin
04-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Great NSV Cassi! What a confidence booster as you start this school thing!

LOL - when you said you picked up your knives I heard Padma saying in my head "please pack your knives and go" (Top Chef) I'm insane, I know (which brings up a good question - if you know you are insane, are you really insane???)

Mama Nicole
04-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Cassi..........please post a picture in your chef whites...........i really wanted to say costume for some dumb reason...but this is for real girl......how exciting..............anyway....please post us a picture of you in your whites..........hat and all. Is it starting to feel real now?

Kim...........good question............and I have no clue ;)

Mama Nicole
04-04-2007, 12:24 PM
JM...........did you have a hard time not laughing..........I guess I just HATE wasting time......I just wanna say......"hey, either you like me and think I am qualified for whatever..........or you don't." We all usually know within the first 5 minutes if things are going to work out or not anyway........

Dan2112
04-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Morning all...

Glad my new avatar got a laugh from you... I just figured I'd start living up to everyone's expectations..

I'm taking the afternoon off as I have an appointment to see a chiropracter for my shoulder... I don't expect it's anything serious...

But in the meantime, I'm having willpower concerns... I'm hungry, and there's a green chile cheeseburger with my name on it less than a mile away...

I'm sure I'll survive..

Hope you're all having a POP day...

smjezzy
04-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Cassi - Big Big congrats. You're story got me all teary eyed. How proud you must be of yourself. Size medium?? YOUGOGIRL! I'm so happy for you.

Keep going and we'll all be waiting for the day you send pics of yourself as a graduate in a size small chefs garb!

JLem311
04-04-2007, 12:40 PM
i just made the best thing ever.

i took a low carb wrap and 1/2 banana and rf peanut butter and cream cheese and melted the peanut butter for a few seconds, spread that and the cream cheese on the wrap and put the cut banana on it and rolled it up.
so like 1/2 protein, 1 fruit, 1 fat and 1 starch. it was great.

smjezzy
04-04-2007, 12:41 PM
But in the meantime, I'm having willpower concerns... I'm hungry, and there's a green chile cheeseburger with my name on it less than a mile away...

I'm sure I'll survive..

Hope you're all having a POP day...

It actually says DON not Dan. You're safe.

RoxieRoost
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
So here I am, new to the area and not much of a blogger, I have to admit. The positive support here is so nice that I had to join. I hope my blogs look as fancy as some of yours does someday.

I have been on LAWL for only 3 weeks and this Thursday, April 5th will be my 4 weeks, time to be weighed and measured. Up to this point I have lost almost 11 lbs. I think that is good, my clothes are already beginning to feel different. This diet is much easier than anything I've ever tried before!

My goal is to lose 30 pounds before June 11th, when we fly to Las Vegas for a week! Positive thinking is the key!

Have a great day all and happy losing! :carrot:

katiebug77
04-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Welcome Roxie!!! You will defintely find a lot of support here and an 11 pound loss so far is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Kimphin
04-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Welcome RoxieRoost! Jump in whenever you want!

JLem311
04-04-2007, 01:09 PM
welcome roxie, this is an amazing group on here!

MTdebster921
04-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi all,

Dan- The avatar cracks me up. Step away from the green chile cheeseburger!!:nono:

Kristen- Good idea for the white paint on the bangs fix. Kim is right, it will save tons of money at the salon. Hope you get some awesomely cute pictures of the girls. You are a stronger person than me to give up coffee for 40 days. I could do it in the summertime, but no way when it's still cold out. Maybe you should just get an IV drip inserted in 3 days and just live off of the coffee intravenously:coffee:

Kim- Don't feel bad for wanting a day to yourself. I don't have any children and usually I get one day off during the week and then every other weekend off. I LOVE my weekday off, if I want to lock myself up in the house and lounge in my jammies, I do.

Katie- Was rolling on the floor with the scenario!! BTW the puppy is too cute! Good luck with TO.

Nicole- The HD is across the street from our store. I can't tell you how many times customers have been sent to our store by the HD employees. When I say you can get that over at HD, they say" they said they don't carry it and sent me here." So I proceed to tell them exactly where it is in the store over there. So Kim is right about most of the employees not knowing squat about what they have, and it's sad that the regular customers know more about the store than the employees.

JM- The mahi-mahi recipe sounds just delish.

Lea ann- Hi:wave:

Kim2- Yay on getting the TT scheduled so fast. I bet you are so excited!

Cassi- congrats on getting your whites and having them in a smaller size than you expected!! I'm with Nicole- let's see a pic of you in the whites. I understand completely about still seeing yourself at the higher weight. I always want to wander into the plus size section at the store, and how come I am seeing so many cute clothes in the plus size section now that weren't there when I could wear them?!?!

Roxi- welcome to the group!!

I'm up for a Memorial day Challenge. It's 7 weeks after Easter.
What do you all say?

My scale said 169.7 this morn with my jammies on, so hopefully it will still in the 60's when I go WI:crossed: . That would just jazz me up!!

katiebug77
04-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Deb - WOOHOO to 160's!!!!

Cassi - SIZE MEDIUM PANTS???? YIPPEEEE!!!

smjezzy
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Everyone has been very AI quiet today so I'm gonna start the chatter. What was your take on Sanjaya last night? I found it sad that even Ryan was crackin on him. Since it seems to be that he stays no matter what, who do you think is going?

hdsqrl
04-04-2007, 01:33 PM
:woohoo: to Deb & Cassi!

WTG, Nicole, on your interview! :D

And Dan...oh my...that avatar is EXCELLENT!!!

Deb, I'm gonna PM you for zee cooookbooook...I need to get out of my rut!

I've been avoiding the COD this week, but haven't really strayed off plan too badly since the weekend. The at-home sclae is sitting still and hasn't budged since Sunday. I'll go WI tomorrow or Friday and am hoping to see SOME good news, even if it's only a teeny bit of good news. :)

In happy kid-bragging news, my two kids were the only ones who got 100% on their latest Young Marines test. W00t! They received cool USMC lanyards in recognition of their efforts. *hugs herself* My kids rock!

hdsqrl
04-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Ooh, AI-chatter! I'm betting that there are enough people on the keep-Sanjaya-bandwagon, that he'll be around till it's just him and the 4 really good singers. I'm thinking Phil will go home tonight, probably. I'd say Haley, but her sternum-baring dress bought her a few votes, I think, heh. I couldn't even look away from the sides of her boobs during the interview. :p I was just like...wow...look....her boobs....they're just....OUT THERE. Wow.

Boo'sMom
04-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Congrats on everyone's great losses and NEW SIZES (my personal fave).

Cassi--I'm with the others (they just beat me to it) about a photo--bet you are cute as a button in your whites--do you get a big puffy hat at some point? The chef/culinary arts teacher at my old school was great about being addressed as chef and he always wore his hat--even in the student/faculty ballgames!

Isn't shopping in a new department the best? I bought my Easter dress in the Junior department at Dillards (didn't even realize it--they keep moving everything on me!). I've decided while I will never be a small girl, this whole size 10/med/large things works for me!

Looks like we will be having another photo challenge--maybe for Easter--except Cassi still has to post a pic in her new stuff.

Hi to all. I have some hellions--same ones as usualy really--5 boys!! Still have the one whose parents have decided to take him off meds--cold turkey--he's a real joy. I think they should take him off on May 25th (yes--the day after school is out!).

smjezzy
04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm up for a Memorial day Challenge. It's 7 weeks after Easter. What do you all say?

Haven't participated in one of these yet, but I'm game.

juliemarie
04-04-2007, 02:12 PM
i'm betting Phil goes home. Sanjaya-man, he's so bad it's PAINFUL to watch him. He's smile gives me the heebie jeebies . . . . .

Debster-I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for a 160'sCOD WI . . . .

juliemarie
04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Nicole-I flat out told the SW that I didn't do most of the exercises in the workbook but did read it all. She just laughed and thanked me for letting me know-and we just talked about all the topics. She's pretty cool-she totally understood my issues with the questions . . .

hdsqrl
04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
I'd sign on for a Memorial Day Challenge as well...I did agree to do the TBL one, too. Challenge me up!!! :D

Barb316
04-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Thank you Deb for the cookbook. It will definetley help with staying POP!

smjezzy
04-04-2007, 02:40 PM
What's the "TBL" challenge?

juliemarie
04-04-2007, 02:42 PM
What's the "TBL" challenge?

The Biggest Loser . . . .different forum.

Dan2112
04-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey gang...

I'm up for a Memorial Day challenge.. But I'll wait until after my birthday challenge.. That will give me an even 20 lbs. to goal.

By the way.. Liz is very busy today, but she did a WI this morning and is down another pound to 177... Looks like she's battling slowly but surely through her plateau...

On another note, I've been told that the Santa Fe COD I've been going to on Tuesdays and Thursdays is shutting down those days.. They only have one staff member at the moment while the other is on an extended leave.. So starting next week, my WI days are going to be all messed up...

Oh well...

Kimphin
04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Dan - sounds like that is happening to a couple of centers. Haven't heard anything about mine yet....

OK, Memorial day challenge it is.... I'll kind of miss my little bunny though....

mamato2girls
04-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Good afternoon, everyone!! I skimmed through the posts to get an idea of what's been going, but don't remember enough to do personals. I did see that Nicole had her interview. Sounds a little intense for a cashier interview to me!! I cashiered at a grocery store during college, and my interview lasted about 5 minutes, and then they said, "When can you start?" I guess things have changed! Today has been pretty good. The weather is nice for now, but a cold front is supposed to come through tonight and highs will only be in the 50's for the next few days. Also, I had Mexican for lunch today and did pretty good. I got the chicken fajitas and didn't eat the tortillas. I just topped the meat, onions, and peppers with lettuce and salsa. I also saved both of my starches so that I could have some mexican rice. I've been having to drink lots of water since then; however, because it was SO salty!! Oh, and I didn't have ANY tortilla chips!!!

I need some good vibes from all of you because I am so unhappy at my job right now. Last July, I almost got laid off, but was offered the position in my current group at the last minute. My group is supporting a new account, and at first, I was excited to be doing something new and different and to be in on something from the beginning. However, everything is so unorganized and uncertain, and either our management doesn't know what the heck they are doing, or they just suck at communicating. People are leaving the program left and right, and just last week, our direct manager left. Now, our Sr. Manager is expecting us to fix everything that is wrong and work miracles in just a couple of weeks. Anyway, I've updated my resume and am looking for something different. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Mama Nicole
04-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey there Skinny...............oops, I mean Wendy.........we will all cross our fingers for you. I bet it is soooo hard to stay OP at work when things are out of whack. I know I would be snacking......but you won't. You have done soooo well so far......and you are sooo close to goal. You can do this :)

Mama Nicole
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I might go with the Memorial Day challenge.......but I really don't seem to do very well with longer challenges. I did best with Joni's 2 week challenge :) I truly am an instant gratification girl............

zambejaly5
04-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Oooooh! Memorial day challenge, sounds good to me. Seems like I have always come in on the middle or tale end of one of the challenges so it would be nice to hit one at the beginning.

AI- I thought it was funny when simon said I am not even going to comment on the vocals anymore I would love to hear the three judges talk off camera about sanjya and why he is still on there. As far as Phil goes, he sings ok but he is , a . Not eye candy. He reminds me of Scmeagal from Lord of the Rings.

I was trying to get caught up on everybody but man there is just too much! I have been AWOL during our spring break, but man did we have fun. I was completely off plan the whole week! Weighed in on Monday and I was only up 1.2 ! I will take that. I am doing TO yesterday and today and weighed in this morning and was down 2.2! Spring Break plus one! So I feel like I am back on track. And I need to get on here more often, it is just too easy to get behind!

Lettie

ElleofALady
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello Everybody! Hope everyone is having a POP day. WI was good. A 0.6 loss. So, I'm happy. I found out my favorite counselor has moved on. So, I am stuck with Bobble Head and Tranny. The other counselor works at two different locations, so I rarely see her. Oh well, life goes on and my weight loss will continue.

No one discussing Dancing With the Stars either...oh well.

JM- I have never tried cooking spinach with fish in all my days, but I will try it soon. It sounds dee-lish!

Cassi- You are really feeling yourself today! Everyone should feel good about their weight loss accomplishments...EVERYDAY in my book! Good for you with your medium pants self!

Liz- Keep swimming!

Well, gotta go to the post office. Bye.

equinetcan
04-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Letisha - I watch DWS and have seen every season. I was happy to see Shandi go last night. Now they just need to weed a few more out. I do hope some of them get a little better as I found Monday was not that show stopping compared to other seasons.

Now.......I got my position at work :carrot: :carrot: . We don't know when it will actually start due to some of the work I am currently doing but there should be some sort of transition shortly. I may be 50-50 for a few weeks. I am happy. I will still be on phone for some hours each week but not all day every day most times unless service levels need some help.

No furkid tonight but I should be over to see her tomorrow night and then likely again on saturday as I believe the ex has a commitment that day. He has someone else in his life now too. I think I know who it is but he hasn't said anything yet. He will once it is inevitable that I will run into her at his place when I go see the dog. But he will delay that as long as possible.

I am working OT tonight for a couple of hours so I will touch in again after I get home around 10. I hope everyone has a great night if I don't get back later!!!

zambejaly5
04-04-2007, 04:59 PM
how come my weight loss tracker thingy doesn't show tenths... I entered my current weight at 214.8 and it shows that I am 214.

Joni135
04-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Late start...

Cassi - you hot, knife wielding momma!! So cool about the size and weight revelations...I too got goose bumps reading your post. I just realized why you don't start school until AFTER Easter. You cannot wear white until after Easter...get it...LOL!! Post the picture before you get too busy (but wait till after Easter!!)

Nicole - okay - changed my mind again....stay home and just blog all day long....you make my day girlfriend. I was just reading your interview stuff...truly amazing. Lord knows what kind of money HD shelled out to come up with those interviewing tactics. And like so many folks have said, you are way overqualified and I guarantee the folks at my local HD weren't given that kind of interview. I think the employees at my Home Depot had to play a game of hide and seek and if you got found you don't get the job (in other words, I can NEVER find anyone to help me there, which is why I go to Lowes more than HD lately). Your shout out to Wendy II cracked me up. I wound up watching AI last night and voted for...Jordan, Gina and Melinda. The guys are not doing it for me. I liked Chris..but he's gone.
Also, I don't do too well with the longer challenges....my attention span is only good for so long. I have a little personal challenge with Juliemarie that goes for a few weeks....then, I'll need another one...so I'll count on you joining in on that one.

Juliemarie...I'm watchin ya!

Kristen - funny fix for your bangs...sounds like something I would do! You didn't really do that, did you? Hope my girls looked ADORABLE for their picture!! I just realized...your "claim" that my darlings were having tantrums could be a result of your caffeine withdrawals.....Don't people hallucinate when they give up their drugs? Oh, and you wouldn't know what to do with yourself without seeing your babies for more than two days in a row......I'm not falling for the "lent kids out for Lent program." Oh....tell me what happened on TBL challenge Kristen...did you win? did they ever come up with prizes or was it just a pat on the back? Either way, you sure did great!

Katie (Repo) - okay, no more CSI shows for you!! You played out that scenario for Nicole a bit too professional!

Shannon - good line back to Dan..."It actually says DON not Dan. You're safe." You're funny too!

Welcome Roxie...is Roxie your real name....or do you prefer to be called Roost! Actually, Dan and Jason are our resident Roosters...the rest of us are chicks!

Megan - very cool about your kids.....you must be doing something right!

AI talk - if Sanjaya makes it another week (and he probably will), I swear I'm going to make a Sanjaya voodoo doll (with the mohawk hairdo)! Cassi, can I borrow your knives?

Kim - keep your bunny...it's only for a few more days...he's cute.

Wendy - sorry your job is sort of sucky. I have moments with mine too, but after reading about Nicole's horrific interview, I don't know if I feel like putting my resume out there. My DH just got a new job and he's thrilled with it (of course it's all still very new). So, best of luck to you too.

Hi Lettie - welcome back and congrats on the TO loss.

Letisha - yes I'm watching DWTS too; I don't vote on this one; I'm not bowled over by anyone...YET.

juliemarie
04-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I think that if you want your tracker to show tenths-you have to use a tickerfactory one . . .I think . . .

zambejaly5
04-04-2007, 05:04 PM
have any of you seen the sanjya song on You Tube? check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAT27LhkQ-4

juliemarie
04-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Joni-I thought Gina did well last nite too-I love the song Smile . . . .I've always wondered why no one had sung that yet . . .but they sure dogged her. Don't get it.

zambejaly5
04-04-2007, 05:06 PM
if that link doesn't work for you, (it didnt' for me) go to youtube.com and enter

sanjaya anthem

in the search box. too funny