Support Groups - Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - April '07

meowee
04-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Okay Gang . . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month. :D

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about. ;)

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome2: . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can,as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
04-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Happy April! It looks like we are in for a week of showers to start April in its traditional fashion. Never mind! Sunshine :sunny: and flowers :flow1: are on the way.

I've goofed off this morning and have missed Church! :nono: Some mornings I just can't get it together - and it's getting worse as I get older. I need to crank up my movin' and shakin' earlier, I guess. :cb:

Have a super Sunday!

By the way, to subscribe to this thread, just click on Thread Tools above and select "Subscribe to This Thread" . To find the thread, you can go to your User CP and click on it there.

meowee
04-01-2007, 10:18 AM
By the way, to subscribe to this thread, just click on Thread Tools above and select "Subscribe to This Thread" . To find the thread, you can go to your User CP and click on it there.

Oh . . . thanks, RUTH . . . I meant to put that info in the introduction and totally forgot . . . just one of many of my daily "senior-moments" . . . :o

Okay . . . the 'demented squirrel' has left the building . . .

hefty1
04-01-2007, 11:23 AM
hi crazies. it's raining here and i'll share it with you meowee.
glen :coffee2:

HeatherAngel
04-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Yup, raining here, too!

Happy April Fool's, fools! :D

Heather

meowee
04-01-2007, 11:49 AM
:carrot: We've got the sun . . . and we can't give it back to you even if we wanted to :carrot:

canadian mom
04-01-2007, 01:14 PM
It is sunny here and still windy but I don't think it will blow anyone away today.

Clover2007
04-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Morning all

It's sunny here but -17 and we still have a ton of snow. It's supposed to be cold for the whole week. Kind of frustrating since it should be spring. Was planning to get out for a walk yesterday but instead I ate all day. Bad day :) At any rate, I feel back on track today and will most likely walk on the treadmill so I can look outside and pretend it's warm.

Have a good day

Ilene
04-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Sunny and gorgeous here, I'm off to run literally, back later... It's not supposed to be a nice week weather wise so I want to take advantage of this weather... Later :running:

Rockie86
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi folks! been a while... lol the boy is back and I've been distracted!! It's sunny here but chilly, big surprise. Better than the snow we had yesterday!
I also haven't really worked hard this week but in spite of that I am a pound down! Which actually was really hard as the dbf can and does eat anything, and do nothing, and never notices a difference... I have resisted late night pizza and drinking and dessert all week! :lol: Oh well. I have lost my first 10 lbs :yay: and I am excited! 1/3 of the way there!

ChantyKitty
04-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Hello Crazy Canucks!

Its windy in Southern New Brunswick.Atleast it was a bright and sunny day.I'm still looking for the best price on a treadmill.I went to Spartan and they gave me good service.I got some price quotes.I'll have to go see at FitWorks and compare.I'll have to decide between those 2 stores.Warranty and programs are important for my final decision.I can go walk outside too...but it takes more effort for me to go outside.I'd rather walk on my treadmill in my basement and watch tv.I feel self consious to walk outside in public too.Anyways thats it for today.

ChantyKitty

srmb60
04-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Good Morning!
A day off ... how lovely! Too bad I've got a do to list as long as my arm ;)

Ruthxxx
04-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Quick good morning! April showers are in store for the week, alas! It'll be a week for indoor stuff, not yard work, but Spring is here!

HeatherAngel
04-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Morning, all!

There is something about April that makes me want to clean and sort and organize my house... so let's hope I do it VERY energetically and burn off lots of calories! :D

Overcast and dull today, so a very good day to start checking off that list of things 'I keep meaning to do'!

Have a great day!

Heather :)

srmb60
04-02-2007, 11:59 AM
It is overcast here. And my head feels like a change in the weather. :tantrum: I have too much to do today for a headache :tantrum: I'll try some ibuprofen and see how it goes.

meowee
04-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi to all my fellow Crazies . . . :hug:

We've got sunny and fairly cold again . . . the weird snow heaps we acquired back last Thursday are still with us . . . so definitely staying just about the freezing mark; even though the sun is nibbling away at the edges. I'm sure Ontario will be sending the rain this way soon enough. :(

I had my little flurry of cleaning when I got the new TV last week, Heather. Have to get the new blinds ordered and maybe that will renew my enthusiasm. :^:

Good Luck and have fun with all your chores, SusanB:)

I envy you your good intentions about the treadmill ChantyKitty and really hope it lasts. Mine 'lives' folded up in the garage. :o

Yeah for the extra pound gone, Rocky. Keep resisting, girl.:D

Oh Ilene, you can't kid us. We know you run in the rain, the snow, the ice, and the sun. Just about nothing seems to stop you, girl. :)

Good going, Clover. Just ignore yesterday. Stuff happens and what is important is to get back on track ASAP. ;)

Get out and play with the kids, Mom. Maybe everybody wearing backpacks full of rocks will help in case the wind picks up again. :p

Not much else going on . . . I'm feeling a little lethargic around the edges . . . my BGL is running high and I've got a GD yeast infection . . . don't really know why since I have NOT been over-indulging in sweets or carbs in general. Very annoying. Oh well, this too will pass . . . maybe doing some laundry will perk me up . . . oh ya, right-on, that's sure to work.:(

Anyway, gang . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of afternoon ahead of them. See you all again soon . . . :carrot:

srmb60
04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Can we talk a bit about stores? I live in a nice corner of the country. It's not far to Stratford, London, Kitchener ... even Toronto I guess. So I do have access to all kinds of grocery stores.
I'd like to get more into nonmeat patties and sausages etc ... even a nice brand of chicken or turkey sausage would be nice.
Any shopping tips?

meowee
04-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Lucky girl . . . the only stores I've got are SuperStore and Sobeys . . .

I do like the YVES brand of both 'ground' and 'patties' that are available in both stores and are soy-based. They also make chicken substitutes and some cold-cuts, but I hven't actually tried those.

Tried some of the more grain-based meat substitutes and didn't like them.

For a while I was able to get BocaBurgers (also soy-based) and they were really good, but haven't seen them around for a long time . . . maybe I was the only one who liked them. :dizzy:

Later, gators . . . :carrot:

CanadianMamaof2
04-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone

Linda invited me here..I'm new to 3FC and from Ontario Canada. My intor post is in the intro section. I am happy to be here and looking forward to meeting you all.

srmb60
04-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi April!

greeneggsandtam
04-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Good Day Eh!
Susan Sorry your day off is packed with errands! Maybe you'll get them done and be able to realx!
Ruthxxx :wave: I wish spring were here on the still-frozen prairie!
Heather It's grey and overcast here too. I hope your spring cleaning goes well. We haven't gotten to that yet. Course - really spring hasn't gotten here yet either. ;)
Meowee You're hilarious! If I had a treadmill it would never live in the garage. I'd have it put in the basement where it would be used as a permanent sort of clothes rack!:rofl:
Okay, got a kid here needs a book.
Later today I'll come back and finish this!!
ciao!!
Tam

Ilene
04-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Tam -- Dang kids get in the way of computer time :lol: ...

CanadianMamaof2 :welcome: to 3FC :wave:

Susan -- Yves cold cuts made DD and I gag :barf: they were AWFUL, they also had a greyish hazy colour, *shudder* The Boca burgers are delicious, but I can't find them around these parts either. Schneider's Naturale makes a very good, comparable to Boca, chicken nuggets and strips, and burgers, they're expensive but good I get them almost anywhere, FoodBasics, Your Independant Grocers, I've enve seen them in the Giant Tiger food section...

Very soggy day here ... I managed a great leg workout this morning and worked this afternoon ... Life is good :D ...

ChantyKitty
04-02-2007, 09:36 PM
I like veggie weiners...amazingly they are good!The Superstore Brand tastes pretty good.I eat them for my breakfast,they are even good without ketchup.

Welcome April :hug:

HeatherAngel
04-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh, Susan - hope you're feeling better!
Heather

srmb60
04-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Good morning!
Not too bad Heather thanks. It's turning into an exciting week ... a couple of days work, new appliances tomorrow, my boss wants to talk to me ... a little more excitement than I handle very well. Ibuprofen usually does the trick for that kinda headache.
Walking in the cold wind last night didn't help ... oooo ... where's Spring?

canadian mom
04-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Today we are going to play in the snow.T he kids are looking out the window and are all excitted to see it. It hasn't been that long yet without it.

Ruthxxx
04-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Aaaaarrrggggghhhhh! She said the S word. I am going to ignore it until it actually happens - they've been wrong before. In the meantime I'm enjoying cut flowers in the house - purple tulips and a big bouquet of cancer Society daffies. No bloomage outside except for crocus and snowdrops. However, I smelled something gorgeous late yesterday afternoon and think the witch hazel may be in bloom on the other side of the cliff. If it's dry enough and I can get a two legged companion, I may go up there to verify later today.

meowee
04-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

It's milder today (a little) and of course that means no sun. :( But better than the forecast for the next couple of days . . . not only the S, but the FR words, too. I want SPRING. :^:

Nothing too exciting for me today . . . need a few groceries . . . I eat so many salads and fresh veggies I seem to be shopping every other day. Frozen is okay as a second choice, but I read somewhere recently that freezing destroys the fibre in the veggies . . . anybody heard that? The frozen food companies (and all other pre-packagers) are always telling us how their products retain all the necessary vitamins and minerals and stuff, but do they ever mention what is not retained? . . . and besides, fresh just tastes better. :D

Sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangential rant there :o . . . Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned . . . see you all soon. :carrot:

HeatherAngel
04-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Morning!

Marginally better weather here today, and that makes me want to get moving and shaking! Only did some of yesterday's 'chores', so more of that today, too.

Eating well, moving more, all's good in my world :D Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Heather

hefty1
04-03-2007, 11:11 AM
it's sunny here. not much doing heree. glen

WamTam
04-03-2007, 01:13 PM
It's beautiful again in the Yukon... Sun is shining but it's cold -20 this morning. But with the sunshine it will get up to the pluses this afternoon. They are callin for +6 this weekend! Yippy
Have a great day all.

greeneggsandtam
04-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Please remind me to NEVER enter into a soccer tournament again.
Holy cripes. Since Thursday I've had a game every single day. I am exhausted and me knees are killin me. whine whine whine...sorry.
I haven't been to the gym in what feels like a long long time which is okay because I've been averaging some form of exercise about 4-5 days a week by the looks of that fitday calendar.That's about 3-4 days more than last year at this time. So small improvements.

My eating has been all over the place!! From superhealthy to nachos and salsa all in one day. :dizzy:

My SO is so busy and frazzled himself from work, that we haven't really had too much time alone in about a month. Coupled with his son movin in with us, March was a busy month. I don't have kids so it's kind of weird. They eat a tonne of junk so I have to avoid the basement all together - it's the lair of doritos and all things snacky. I've taken to calling them the Mole People. The Mole People watch T.V. , play on the computer, and eat junkfood. The Mole people are also slim. I resent the Mole People.
Okay this entry is getting just plain weird. I am going to quit with the coffee for the day.

I hope everyone has a great day,
Tam

srmb60
04-04-2007, 01:19 AM
I resent the Mole People too.

It's pouring rain here!

oldtimehockey
04-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Hi, Everybody -
My name is Emily, and I hope it's ok to post here! I'm in the U.S., but used to live in Montreal and miss it dearly! My boyfriend is from N.S., and I spend quite a bit of time there. If this is solely a Canadian site, let me know! I apologize for the "intrusion"! And thanks!

srmb60
04-04-2007, 01:23 AM
You're not intruding! Welcome. I'm surprised how many folks at 3FC have ties to Canada in some shape or form.

HeatherAngel
04-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi Susan - feeling better?

It's more like the March's I remember as a child right now - April always seemed to feel a little more like spring... well, the sun must be coming - it must be coming...! :D

Another day of running 'round for me - busy week.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Heather

meowee
04-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Arrrrgh . . . Not having a good day . . . at all . . .

Enough said . . . see you later . . . :mad:

canadian mom
04-04-2007, 12:21 PM
well I was starting TOm now he is disappearing a bit ...It's gonna be one of those months wich means next month will be ****!..... The hubby has the day off today so I had a nap. It felt good. The sun is out here and I feel lke crap!

greeneggsandtam
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Hello All!!
Hi emily!:wave:
Meowee!!! I hope your day gets better!!:hug: :hug: :hug:
I was just reading a post about these lousy but tasty little chocolate easter eggs. They are simply EVERYWHERE around this building and I am consequently hiding in my classroom for the lunch hour. I guess I'll have to leave at some point. Just gotta remember it may not be worth it to scarf a few down. I need a mantra for the day.. no eggs....no eggs...no eggs...

Okay no eggs....
I'm going to proceed with caution through the day.
Be good to yourselves chickadees!!
Tam

srmb60
04-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh that kind of eggs!

RidiculouslyAddicted
04-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Hello...

Don't have time to catch up ATM, but how come we're not stickied? Is that a thing of the past?

Feeling really miserable this week, I'm sick for the first time in 8 months. I resisted my boyfriend's cold for over a week, but it found me. :( It's just kicking my butt, too. I'm still working out, but the intensity isn't great. Am I lowering my food intake to make up for it? No. Of course not. That would make me smart.

Snowing here every.single.day. this week. It's cold, too.

We bought a "new" car this weekend! I'm totally thrilled with it. It's still 10 years old... but that makes it 10 years newer than our other car!! We got it for a great price, too.

I'll catch up when I'm not so cranky and tired. Hope everyone's having a great week.

Clover2007
04-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone

Just checking in to say hi. Haven't had much time on the computer lately. Eating is not going so well - too much! And I ate chocolate :) Almost a whole bunny in the last two days.

Seems like spring might finally be coming to the north. Feels good to have some sunshine.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

oldtimehockey
04-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Good morning, All, and thanks for the welcome(s). It's nice to be here, as I'm may not get back to N.S. until the summer months!

I'm a single Mom, and a preschool teacher, so I don't really have the time or money to join a gym (yet); does anyone have a favorite "at home" workout? Maybe a DVD, or just a routine that works for you? Any suggestions will be welcome; there seems to be an endless supply of video!

Chocolate Easter eggs are all over our school, too; unfortunately, I've no place to hide! :nono:

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

meowee
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Good Morning . . . :hug:

Today is definitely looking better . . . at least for me; but not the weather. Don't know what hit me yesterday but I felt crummy all day . . . and, of course, lost not even an ounce because of it.

Since we are going to be starting a new thread monthly, that does not lend itself well to Sticky-dom because you either have to keep sticking and unsticking everything or you quickly fell up the whole first page with stickies related to the same topic. That's why we suggest that you 'subscribe' to the thread each month - sort of your own individual sticky. ;)

Well I've got to get out and pick up a few things today since everything will be closed tomorrow. So far, I've done really well avoiding all the Easter goodies - even the Cadbury's Eggs which I dearly love. Taking a friend with me today so maybe we can keep each other honest :^:

Main reason I have to shop today is to get ready for the dog I've agreed to play foster-mom to for a few weeks. His owner is going to be hospitalized for quite a while and her dear sister doesn't want to be bothered with the dog - a 4 year-old Shih-Tzu. I don't even know the owner . . . it's one of those 'friend of a friend' routines. Hope my 15 pound cat doesn't eat the 10 pound dog. Actually my biggest fear is becoming so attached to Moe that I won't want to give him back when the time comes. :D

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned and lots of fun stuff lined up for Easter weekend, too. See you later, :carrot:

Ruthxxx
04-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Good morning! We have snow!!!! At least it's at the right end of the winter and the mud in the dog yard is frozen so no muddy paw tracks.

What a nice thing to do, Meowee! I'm sure you will get attached to Moe. I hope the feline Mafia can cope.

Well, there was only one little 89¢ bag of those pastel Cadbury eggs at the store yesterday and I caved! Sometimes you just have to have chocolate and I managed to eat the 200 calories without a twinge of guilt. That's it for Easter chocolate treats!

I'm feeling pretty draggy today and have to go to the Church Seder Supper tonight. I guess I'd better work in an afternoon nap and perk up!

HeatherAngel
04-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Morning all!

Meowee - glad today is better for you! :)

Okay - where did spring go?! There's SNOW on my lawn - make it go away!!! Go away, snow - go, go, go!!!

Here's a morning laugh for you all: I am having 'diet' dreams... basically, I am not really craving anything in real life, and am doing well, food-wise. But two nights ago, I dreamed I was a at a fair or carnival, and there was a huge tent with long tables all around the outer sides, about 15 feet long each side... and it was like a dessert buffet: you just took a bowl and filled it with all sorts of goodies, and could go back as many times as you wanted... I said to whoever was with me in the dream "If you need me, this is where I'll be" - :D

Then LAST night, I dreamed I had a giant Cadbury's Easter Creme Egg - like 8 inches tall by 6 inches wide - and it was filled with ice cream mixed with the fondant center... !!! :D

Oh my goodness - I am SO glad I am only eating this stuff in my DREAMS!!! hahahahahahaha

Have a great Thursday!!

canadian mom
04-05-2007, 11:23 AM
My kids have a 5 day weekend. Schoolwas cancelled today so I had to do grocerie shopping with the 4 of them. Theoldest has to touch EVERYTHING so my 4 year old follows suit, it is much easier with just the youngest 2. I bought frozen yogurt today for the birthday party cause mom usually buys regular ice cream so we got 3 thng of yfrozen yogrut (vanilla, chocolate and strawberry) I also bout chocolate mint ice cream for the hubby and kis I may have a scoop but it is only 150cals for .5 cup so 1 serving later this week won't kill mine but he cake this weekend just might lol.

srmb60
04-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Holy windy Batman! I did OK going out but coming back I was just about halted in my tracks. And cold and slippery ... whew!

Bikini Dreader
04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to say hello because I'm new to this thread. Yay Canada!

greeneggsandtam
04-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Morning :D
Feeling a little panicky today.I realized that after five days of playing soccer I strained something in my knee. I was achy all weekend long but swelled up yesterday. I've never been an athlete so of course I've never strained, pulled, broken, or torn anything. Someone should have alerted me to the fact it isn't the brightest thing to just jump right into a sport at 34 years old.:rofl:
Anyhoo now I don't think it's the best thing to just get right back out there tonight and run with the triathalon people. This whole notion of no activity kind of bothers me. But I guess I gotta let it heal.
You think you're on kind of a roll with being active and then over-do it. sigh.

Food wise? Still all over the map. My days are planned and healthy snacks and then the evening isn't so great. I'm not sure that's the sort of balance I want to be striving for. Does anyone watch that show XWeighted? I do when I'm alone and then sit and wonder how good it is for my own headspace.
Anyways I will try to avoid those little chocolate easter eggs today and maybe I should swim. That's easy on the knees!
Okay everyone have a superwonderfulday!
Tam

greeneggsandtam
04-05-2007, 12:22 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hahaha I just re-read that and I made it sound like I was all swollen up as opposed to just my knee.
Ahem...the rest of me is fine.
:rofl:

Rockie86
04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Ahhh hello all. I've been bad this week :(
Between school stresses and the dbf being here (he eats anything and everything and all the time! And never gains anything...grr), I have eaten naughtily and not been to the gym at all. Sigh. I have to weigh in on Sunday and right now I am just hoping I haven't gained too much. This is really depressing and I feel like going out and buying a whole bunch of Easter chocolate to make myself feel better. Please help me get back on the wagon!

canadian mom
04-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Between school stresses and the dbf being here (he eats anything and everything and all the time! And never gains anything...grr), I have eaten naughtily and not been to the gym at all. Sigh. I have to weigh in on Sunday and right now I am just hoping I haven't gained too much. This is really depressing and I feel like going out and buying a whole bunch of Easter chocolate to make myself feel better. Please help me get back on the wagon!

STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACUTUALLY RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it can get tought and we all slip up. Some more then other (pointing at myself) but if we don't pick ourseves back up who is gonna do it for us. Sure not the pizza delivery guy.

maalisse
04-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Awww, sorry to hear that. I'm sure if you do something small -- like go for a walk instead of eat dessert -- it will make you feel so good that you can quickly ramp up to your normal exercise plan.

Good luck to you! :) And my ex-bf was the same way...he'd chow down on chocolate and desserts and actually LOSE weight. Grrrr. Fortunately, my dbf has a metabolism closer to mine, so he understands. Though, it's so not fair that in calorie calculations, guys get like an extra 600 calories on us per day. ;P

meowee
04-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi All . . . :hug:

Wow, we have been having some strange weather today . . . a bit of everything . . . rain, snow, sun, wind, dull . . . in a pretty regular rotation; although both the rain and the snow seem to have left the equation now. Hope they stay away for the rest of the weekend, too; although that is not what the forecast is saying . . . 5 cm of snow called for tomorrow and more alternating snow/rain for Sunday and Monday. :( Hope things are better where you are.

Other than than nothing great on my Easter horizon . . .I finally had a little meltdown and ate an 85 gram bag of Reese's NSA mini peanut butter cups. Really didn't even enjoy them (OMG, did I really say that???:dizzy: ) because they seemed way too sweet and although the NSA candy isn't too, too bad for either the BGL or the calories, they really make you 'bloated' for lack of a better, more delicate way, of describing it. :o

Anyway, Crazies . . . hope you all have great moving and shaking plans for the rest of the weekend and that the :bunny2: is good to you and yours . . . but not too good. See you later . . . :carrot:

oldtimehockey
04-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi, Everybody!

Seems like yucky weather all around; no snow where I am here on the coast of MA, but waaayyyyy too cold for April! (Although, the way I've been eating lately, it's probably better that I'm still able to wear the big sweaters!)

Canadian Mom: I'm taking your "STEP AWAY...." advice as my new mantra!

Any ideas on excercise videos?:carrot:

I'm really not a candy person, so the Easter-candy-cravings don't creep up on me. My problem is more the "I-want-this-now-so-I'm-going-to-have-it-without-a-second-thought" cravings!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Emily

HeatherAngel
04-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Have a great Easter, everyone!

summer4sister
04-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Good morning everyone! Off to do some last minute Easter shopping. Such a challange to get past all that chocolate, but I will do my best to stay focused :) My daughters are older now, maybe I will just go to the florist and avoid the temptation. Have a great day...and HAPPY EASTER

hefty1
04-07-2007, 11:54 AM
:bunny2:
glen :)

canadian mom
04-07-2007, 11:55 AM
I am now waiting for the cake to cool so I can take it out of the pan and in a hour or so deorate them for my DDs for tomorrow. My legs and baxck hurt today so i think I got in a good exercise session yeaterday.So my 133 didn't stick this morning I was back up to 134 but it may be the water retention frpm sore muscles and bloating from the dairy.

meowee
04-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Just doing a quick fly-bye . . . I'm having another queezy-tummy kind of day. Wish I knew why? Oh well, I'm sure this will pass again.

Outside, it is snowing that lovely Christmas-Eve kind of snow . . . the kind that makes you say, "Oh goodie, we'll be having a White christmas after all!"

:snowglo:

Too bad it's Easter Sunday Eve instead. . . :easter2:

Did a little last minute shopping this morning and the stores where busy like it was Christmas Eve, too . . . except for the place where I had to return something, that was more like Boxing Day. I feel like I'm in some kind of time warp. :dizzy:

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be a wonderful day for everyone. Keep doing as much of the good stuff as you possibly can . . . see you soon. :carrot:

meowee
04-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Good Morning . . . :hug:

Weather-wise this has got to be the worst Easter Sunday I can ever remember. :mad: We are definitely in the middle of the worst storm of the year. There is already over a foot of snow on the ground and no signs of it slowing down. Had to open the front door to even figure that out, because all of my screens are so coated with wet icy snow that I can't actually see much of anything out there. Wind direction must constantly be changing or I'd have some side of the house to look out. OMG, I hope people are sane enough to stay home today . . . the roads are bound to be a disaster. :^:

Turns out I'm not getting Moe (the Shih-Tzu foster dog) after all -- the sister decided she'd 'do her duty' and look after him herself -- unless she changes her mind again . . . so looks like Mouse will have to continue to eat cat food. ;)

Anyway, gang . . . hope that most of you are having better weather than we are. Keep things moving and shaking . . . and stay away from the chocolate bunnies . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
04-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Morning!

Well, what a day - we too have snow (ENOUGH ALREADY!!) but I am going to force myself to dress up warmly and go for a walk... I think my recent crankiness might be directly linked to lack of exercise - imagine that - LOL!

My mother is not speaking to me today because I 'dared' to tell her I am not eating a big Easter meal - I have some turkey 'tournados' in the freezer at 190 calories each, and will be having one of those with veggies. She has now decided I am a 'fanatic' and 'bound to fail by depriving myself'.... ahhh, well - six months ago I would have eaten three chocolate bunnies to get over this... hahahaha!!

Have a great Easter Sunday, everybody!

Heather :D

hefty1
04-08-2007, 02:00 PM
keep your snow meowee and angel. it's sunny here. glen

ChantyKitty
04-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Happy Easter everyone!!
I decided not to get the treadmill.I'm going to save my money to buy myself a used car once I get my license.I work in retail so I dont make alot of money.Each dollar earned has to be saved.I can walk a dog for 5 bucks a half hour.He is in the picture.His name is Trek and he is a Samoyed/Husky mix.I stopped doing any exercise and now I want to start over again.Well I wont go outside and walk the dog today kuz there is a huge snowstorm.He is my mom's cousin's dog.Its about time I do something.I am invited to a wedding on August 11 and I am also attending my great aunt and uncles 50th wedding anniversary this summer.These 2 occasions can give me a boost to lose weight.I did make a little progress.I dont binge on cereal anymore.One bowl is enough.I am not giving up.Man its hard though whoooo.

Joyeuses Pques,Happy Easter!!!!!!!
:bunny2: :bunny2: :bunny2: :bunny2:

maalisse
04-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Well, I decided to put off the calorie counting today and just enjoy my Easter dinner; everyone please remind me of that this week as I'm complaining about my plateau. ;) haha... Even though I was giving myself a freebie day, I ended up craving mostly salad during the dinner, but then the desserts came out, and I was a goner. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day!

The funny thing is, my stomach is not happy with me now. Guess I'm so used to healthy eating that my digestion can't handle that much sugar/fat!

Rainy day here, but it was spent inside with the dbf's family. Ukrainian Easter = lots of maddeningly difficult egg creation, which was fun, yet maddeningly difficult. I have so much respect for the professional pysanky creators. Good bonding exercise, though! His family also noticed that I had lost weight (without knowing I was losing weight -- I haven't really told anybody that I am, as I don't want to feel as if there are any expectations on me), so that was a big boost to the ego.

ChantyKitty>> I hear you about cereal! It's not nearly filling enough. I've had to use yogurt instead of milk, as it's much more filling that way for me...but not everyone likes to have yogurt in their cereal. :P

meowee
04-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Good Morning, all . . . :hug:

Things are starting to move in Atlantic Canada again . . .the wind has died down to a dull roar and nothing is falling out of the sky at the moment . . . and the radio just told me we are already up to +4. They are predicting more snow for this evening, however . . . guess a foot isn't enough. :(

Since my original Easter Sunday plans got kyboshed by the weather, I spent my time developing a couple of new recipes . . . very successful, if I do say so myself . . . however, then I proceeded to prove that too much of a good thing is still too much . . . I hate the whole dessert (sans crust); especially bad since the main ingredient was FF Cool Whip which is full of HFCS. Oh well; this is another day and I will do better.

Anyway, here are the recipes for those of you who have better self control than I do. :D

MACARONI & CHEESE CASSEROLE

8 oz dry pasta (penne or fusilli, or similar size)
2 - 3 cups frozen cauliflower
2 - 3 cups frozen cut green beans
1 medium onion, diced

-- Cook pasta and veggies in salted water, drain.

1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups diced ham

-- Stir ham and tomatoes into veggie mixture.

-- Preheat oven to 350.
-- Spray large lasagna pan (or two 9 x 9 pans) with cooking spray.
-- Spread veggie tomato mixture in pan(s).

1 cups of skim milk
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 cups shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 cup 1% cottage cheese
cup grated parmesan cheese

-- Make a basic white sauce with the skim milk and flour.
-- Stir in the cheeses and cook gently until smooth and thickened.
-- Pour over veggie ham mixture.
-- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes.
-- Let stand 20 minutes before serving.

Makes 8 servings of about 2 1/2 cups each. Nutrition Information per serving 290 calories; 8 grams fat; 30 grams carb (5 grams fibre); 24 grams protein ED approximately 1.15

CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BARS (or Pudding)

Crust:
1 cup Fibre 1 Cereal, crushed
4 tsp light margarine

-- Mix together and press into bottom of sprayed 8 or 9 square pan

Filling:
1 cup FF cream cheese (250 gram tub)
2 cups FF Cool Whip, thawed
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp Splenda

-- Mix together thoroughly with mixer or blender.
-- Spread over crust and refrigerate at least two hours before serving.

Makes 8 servings as bars, with crust . . .
ED of approximately 2.7
-- 110 calories; 3 grams fat; 16 grams carb (4 grams fibre); 5 grams protein

Makes 4 servings as a pudding, without crust . . .
ED of approximately 1.5
-- 150 calories; 2 grams fat; 10 grams carb (.5 gram fibre); 4 grams protein

Okay, gang . . . nothing exciting in my plans for today. The sun is supposed to shine tomorrow, so I think I'll forget any outings until then. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned -- stay away from the leftover Easter Candy -- and I'll see you again, soon . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
04-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Happy Easter Monday - a holiday for some of us. I never could figure out why Quebec stores were open on Good Friday and closed today. Anybody know?

The sun is shining and nothing bad is supposed to happen until Thursday. The daytime temps will be over 0ºF but below during the night so the sap will start to run again. My lads will be happy because we're only at 1/3 usual production this year. They rely on the extra $$ this time of year. (Eastern Ontario is an economically depressed area.)

Today I'll tackle odds and ends of housework and tidying. I may even look at my warm weather clothes because I have hope that spring is coming. The birds are demolishing the seed in my feeders really fast. They are either thinking of building up energy for mating or to survive more cold weather! :shrug:

Enjoy the day whether work or play!

Bikini Dreader
04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Hello Everyone!

Well I just had my first holiday completely alone. No friends or family. It was harder for me than I thought it would be and I ended up bingeing of a few days. I'm still trying to figure out why I would do that to myself but I'm not going to stress too much about it. Only 7 weeks until my goal date and I have no time to waste. I just plateaued for I think an entire month. Why did I do this? I clearly forgot about my plan and my goal. Well that plateau is over. It's back to serious weight loss. I still have a few pounds to lose and I will not fail. I will succeed.

Just had to give myself a little pep talk! My roomate came home from being with her family all weekend and brought a plate of different cakes. I already declared to myself that I'm not touching any of them. She can enjoy them all to herself because I would rather feel great about my body in my bikini in Nice!

canadian mom
04-09-2007, 12:31 PM
I over ate this weekend as expected and today we are finishing up the cake so tomorrow I will be completely back OP. Today i am making a ckae for the girls class fot tomorrow to celebrate their bday. thank god I have kids I love baking. I am making a couple more butterfly cakes.

Rockie86
04-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi all,

Well it's Easter Monday here and we don't get it as a holiday here (blah)... another three days of classes to go! I am trying to get back on the wagon... I decided not to weigh in as I think it will just be depressing. Also had the first Easter away from my family which made me just want to go out and get discount chocolate even more.
(I haven't... but I want to :p)
Oh well... life goes on. lol
They said we were supposed to get like + 8 today, but it's definitely not. It's cold and still snowing here, off and on. Hello, spring? Did you miss the memo? You're late!! :lol:

Ilene
04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
I had a really great day today! I went to Ottawa with my g/f and we did a Bikram Yoga class. We both loved it and want to go back...

Food wise, well let's just say I'm a bit bloated from the ham? Lotsa wata in my future :D...

oldtimehockey
04-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Hi, All!

Looks like most of us are "recovering" from the Weekend! People here in MA look at me funny when I talk about "Easter Monday" as a holiday! It was really hard getting myself to work this a.m. I'm a preschool teacher, and I knew I was in for a classroom-full of 5 year olds coming down off various sugar highs! As it was, I had 1/4 of the kids out. YAY!

I'm going to beg off the weigh-in this week, too. I don't want to know what harm the Easter chicken parm did!

Meowee - I'm going to try the mac 'n cheese this week. My 4 year old just loves it, and it's a great solution to the problem of trying to prepare 2 seperate meals at dinner!

My heart goes out to everyone who got hit by the snowstorm that plowed into Atlantic Canada! It's unseasonable cold here, but no snow. WHERE IS SPRING??!!

Emily

eusebius
04-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I would love to be part of your thread. I've been around 3FC before but I'm ready for a new start, especially now that the Easter holiday is over. I'm a mom of one and a musician in Hamilton, ON.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

srmb60
04-10-2007, 10:27 AM
My daughter lives in Hamilton! Welcome!

OK what does eusebius mean?

eusebius
04-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi Susan,

eusebius is a character invented by the composer Schumann ... the quiet introspective one. Florestan is the boisterous impulsive one. Well, I have my moments ;)

Thanks for the welcome!! Whereabouts does your daughter live? We are downtown, west of the city centre.

srmb60
04-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Hmmm, I'm a country girl and couldn't drive there if I tried. It's almost in Stoney Creek.

CanadianMamaof2
04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I would love to be part of your thread. I've been around 3FC before but I'm ready for a new start, especially now that the Easter holiday is over. I'm a mom of one and a musician in Hamilton, ON.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
I'm up on Hamilton east mountain! Hi all!

HeatherAngel
04-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Morning, all!

Hope everyone is recovering (!) well from the Easter weekend :)

Welcome, eusebius!

Nothing of note, just popping in! Have a great day!!

canadian mom
04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Just a quick hi. So far I am on plan today Hopefully I do not mess it up. I need to get back on track after a weekend of blah eating. Went to the store today to exchange my dd2 shirt we got her for easter (there was a little hole in the one we got her) they had none left so my 4 year old DS picked one out for her I hope she likes it so his feelings do not get hurt.

Oh and I made it passed the half off easter candy althouht I could hear it calling my name. lol. I bought yougurt instaed. :yay:

Well gotta go put the kids in the tub we got bath fizzers and they want to use them.

meowee
04-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi everybody . . . :hug: . . . and :welcome2: EUSEBIUS . . .

We have sun today . . . :cool: . . . it's not exactly warm, but I'm willing to settle for the sun and work up to warmer. I'd definitely like to see this snow gone again. :)

Other than that, nothing is new in my neck of the woods . . . got to get a move one and get out to catch up on some errands I've delayed because of the weather.

Keep things moving and shaking everybody . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

Bikini Dreader
04-10-2007, 01:56 PM
This morning I noticed that it was light out when I went to the gym before work at 6:15!! I was so excited. That's the first morning I've noticed that it wasn't pitch black!

Spring has got to be coming soon.

oldtimehockey
04-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Hi, All!

Welcome, Eusebius! This is a great group of people!

Didn't stray too far from my eating plan. Easter candy is a thing of the past. Excercised at home for 40 minutes. I'm debating as to go ahead and procede with the Friday weigh-in; I think I'll skip a week. I have no desire to see what the Easter Eating Debacle hath wrought!!!!

I just heard that we're in for MORE SNOW on Thursday. You have GOT to be kidding me. Somebody please -- wake me up!

Have a great Wednesday!

Em

eusebius
04-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Morning everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome!!

I'm very excited ... today I will be back on my treadmill for the first time in months. I am going to do C25K again (I think it's the 4th time) and get back in cardio shape!!

Looks like the temperature here is inching upwards ... I could be ready to run outside soon ...

Canadianmom - WTG on passing up the sale candy!!!

Canadianmama - Hi there! Nice to see someone from my neck of the woods!

Em - Congrats on a great day yesterday!

Have a great day, everyone!

srmb60
04-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Morning!

I keep having this dreamy notion about meeting in Stratford by the river for a bag lunch and walk some Sunday afternoon. What do you folks think?

hefty1
04-11-2007, 09:19 AM
sounds good susan. keep your snow em. glen

srmb60
04-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I think it's supposed to rain miserable today .... or sleety frozen stuff.

Ruthxxx
04-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Aaaarrrrggggghhhh! It's well below zero out there and the ground is frozen again! Somebody rescue me!

canadian mom
04-11-2007, 09:46 AM
It is supposed to go up to 5 today and 9 tomorrow! Can ths really be true? lol

Ruthxxx
04-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Where are you, Canadian Mom? I can pack and move in half an hour.

canadian mom
04-11-2007, 10:25 AM
I am in Fredericton NB.lol

eusebius
04-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I just went for a run/walk (First time in months!! Yahoo) and it was partly cloudy, 2c. Actually quite pleasant. But it could rain later on. Long term forecast says we're supposed to get 10C on the weekend though ... fingers crossed!!

HeatherAngel
04-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Morning ladies -

I bought myself a pedometer on Monday, and it really DOES make me want to move more! yay! Went out Monday evening after dinner with my husband and just walked around our neighbourhood - I asked him when we got back: 'How far do you think we went, then?' and he thought it was about 2 miles... it was .8 of a mile! LOL!! Maybe he was thinking in KM?! ;-)

So I wore it yesterday and walked my 'regular' walk with the pooch, and was really surprised to see I do almost 2KM!!

I feel awesome :D

Susan - I'm busy every single Sunday until the end of May (I'm doing a musical), but I'd be up for a healthy lunch and walk in Stratford in June! I LOVE walking through the gardens by the river there.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!

srmb60
04-11-2007, 01:59 PM
OK let's have a look at June.

meowee
04-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi gang . . .

Another sunny but cold day. Sooner or later, it will REALLY by Spring. ;) I hope, I hope, I hope.

My ten new blinds for the family room arrived. Tomorrow I'll try to get them up.

Other than that, nothing is new . . . this was my official weigh-in morning . . . I'm officially still at 233 for the third week in a row. Oh well, nothing new about that either. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and eventually it will pay off.

Have a great afternoon and evening, Chickies. Keep things moving and shaking. :carrot:

Ilene
04-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Can I be a grump? I'M SICK OF THIS WEATHER!!!!!

:soap:

Thank you for listening :D

srmb60
04-11-2007, 09:07 PM
You'll have to talk louder. I can't hear you for the Arctic wind blowing around my house.

Ilene
04-11-2007, 09:09 PM
You'll have to talk louder. I can't hear you for the Arctic wind blowing around my house.:lol3: :rofl: too funny :lol: !!

srmb60
04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey, I'm trying Pratt's book Superfoods Rx ... I'm so full! I'm struggling to snack cuz I'm only at 900 cals! I am likin' this!

Ilene
04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey, I'm trying Pratt's book Superfoods Rx ... I'm so full! I'm struggling to snack cuz I'm only at 900 cals! I am likin' this!I should get that book at the library, I did take it out a while back, may be worth checking out again :yes:

hefty1
04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
the wind i howling here tooo

srmb60
04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Mm hmmm ... I am of the opinion that if I feel restless, tasteless, been-done-before (ya know?) ... I try something new. It's all food I've eaten before ...

eusebius
04-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Morning everyone :carrot:

Today is my last day of lessons for the year (I teach piano at a university). So no big chances for exercise, but I will have a clean eating day. I had the idea of putting a frozen chicken breast in water with bouillon, microwaving it at the office, and putting it on top of a salad from the salad bar. We'll see if it works!

Susan ... what's the gist of the Pratt Superfoods book? It sounds interesting ...

meowee ... no worries ... you will get through the mini-plateau ... at least you are not gaining!! Stay with it!

Heather - it's always cool when you find out you're doing something healthy and you didn't even know it. :cool: What musical are you doing? Are you playing a part or are you behind the scenes?

Well time to get breakfast for the little one. She seems to like my whole-grain cereal so I'm going with it.

Have a great day! I hope it's a bit warmer for everyone!!!

srmb60
04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Before I start rambling about what I think the book is about ;) I'm gonna go look and see if there's a review anywhere. I'll get back to you.

srmb60
04-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Um ... Steven Pratt (through various avenues) has chosen foods that have superlative qualities with regard to nutrition, health benefits, anti-aging etc. Each food has a chapter describing why he chose it and what you can eat that is almost as good. It has recipes too.

I like it because it's real food. You can follow this from any grocery store.

Ruthxxx
04-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Wake me when it's Spring, OK?

It's snowing and raining at the same time here. I saw some geese flying South when I took out the recycle this morning. I hope they were just going out for breakfast!

HeatherAngel
04-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Morning all! Okay, I really do prefer today's rain to yesterday's snow, but already I can hear the little pudgy girl who lives in my head whispering "Ooooh - you don't want to go out in THAT... how about a nice piece of toast with peanut butter instead? Or better yet - TWO pieces??"

Debbie, the pedometer is great (Sportline 345 from Sportchek - about $30 and counts steps, time, distance and calories, and has a clock. Nice design and lightweight) but it took a bit of fine-tuning yesterday - I discovered that I MUST wear it over one hipbone, off-center, otherwise my tummy bumps it and confuses it completely!!

Eusebius - I am IN the musical; it's something I love to do (and did professionally years ago, but piled on weight and gave up on myself and my career after I got married), and in fact was a real kick-start to my whole new way of life this year. I've worked with this group before, but this year they have handed me a wonderful, but challenging, role on a platter... so instead of being terrified and talking myself down until I couldn't do it, I knew I had to be fitter to play the part well, and I am spending a lot of time reminding myself that ALTHOUGH I am overweight, the directing/production team thinks I am talented and ABLE to do this... so I must be! It's a whole new way of thinking for me after years of convincing myself that 'because I am fat, I am also stupid, useless and talentless'. Wow - I wasted a LOT of years doing that.

Okay all - I am actually going out to walk in this - but maybe without the dog... does that make me a bad person?! ;-) (kidding) I just don't want all the mud that goes with him... although the guilt of leaving him behind already feels too much... ah well, I can always burn more calories mopping the floor later on! :D

Have a great day!

bibbityboo
04-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi, I'm a new member to this site. I just rejoined Curves a month ago. Was quite disappointed with my first weigh/measuring results. I only lost 1/2 pound and 3/4 inch. I haven't actually started on a weightloss program. I am considering doing a cleanse and am going to go to the health food store this weekend to see what they recommend.
Has anyone here done a cleanse to get them really ready for weightloss? Did it help? What did you do?
As for an eating program I've been cutting back on portions and cutting down on sugar and fat. If I proceed with a cleanse afterwards I think I will do the Richard Simmons program - basically the same as weight watchers.

srmb60
04-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I didn't melt in the rain Heather so you probably won't either. I hear ya about the dog. I walk with my friend and her Bruno somedays. Bruno stops to mark eveything! His bladder is a bottomless pit! Not a very foot swingin' pace.

Hi bibbityboo and welcome. As for cleanse :shrug: I'd save the money and get some fiber cereal and drink lots of water. Your eating plan sounds very good.

canadian mom
04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Well I got a whole lotta exercise today. I did my weights and floor exercises. Did some walking and sprints on the gazelle. Then I took the babies for a walk up the road in the stroller. It is georgous here today but it is supposed ti strt snowing and raining then freezing rain then heavy snow all within the 24 hours so ther may be another long weekend for my girls this weekend.

I have to gripe about fitday the pusing a stoller bit it says you barely burn any cals but I walk as i do on my gazelle while pushing a double jogging stroller with a 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old so I use the walking bit not pushing a stroller when entering it. I guess nothing is perfect. ;)

HeatherAngel
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Susan - I DIDN'T melt after all! LOL! In fact, I went a little farther and pushed it up to a solid 2KM :D

Thanks!

srmb60
04-12-2007, 05:10 PM
2 kms is a nice round number. I like it!

meowee
04-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi gang . . .

. . . look . . . up in the sky . . . it's a bird . . . it's a plane . . . no . . . it's me . . . just flying right on by . . . :wave:

Sorry, but this has been a wickedly busy day . . . Have been trying to get my new blinds up. Got the curtains down; half the old blinds removed; all the windows cleaned (insides, at least) . . . started putting up the brackets for the new blinds and was making a mess of it so I called my friendly little handyman to come and finish the job. Only problem is that he couldn't come today. Maybe tomorrow morning . . . BUT . . . we have another major storm warning for rain, freezing rain, snow (another 6") starting in the morning. So, guess I won't hold my breath waiting for Reg to appear. :( Oh Well . . . eventually.

Welcome BIBBITYBOO . . . great big :grouphug: for everybody else . . . hopefully I'll get caught up again tomorrow . . . especially if I've got nothing to do but sit at my bald windows watching it snow sideways again . . . :mad: anyway, gang keep things moving and shaking. See you soon . . . :carrot:

Jayjay55
04-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi there just found 3FC yesterday and found this group today. I seem to be the only western Canadian (although :o I only read the first two pages and the last two).

Looking forward to getting to know you all soon.

Joanne

Ilene
04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
BIBBITYBOO and JOANNE :welcome:

Not much happening in my neck of the woods... I'm lazy and I'm fed up with the weather...

Mini rant over :D

oldtimehockey
04-12-2007, 11:13 PM
:welcome3: Bibbityboo and Joanne!!!! The more, the merrier!

Glen - No snow here in Southern MA, but lots and lots of rain. And grey skies. Oh, and cold, cold wind. And, did I mention THE RAIN? Honestly, it's enough to make you want to jump in to the bathtub with all your electrical appliances! :rain: :tantrum:

Susan - I'm convinced you're a fountain of knowledge and wisdom! :book2: You always have sage and sound advice, along with a great sense of humor! :D :joker:

I've been doing this 20-minute "walk at home" video that must be from, oh, the mid-1800's (it's really, really old -- think "big hair" and matching leg warmers/leotard) BUT it's something. I do it twice a day, and feel really silly, but today my 4 year old did part of it too, and we spent the whole time cracking up! I can't seem to get a "clean" eating day; today, it was 2 chocolate chip cookies that I baked with the boys for whom I babysit. I think I must need to live in a bubble (at least I won't get RAINED ON!).

This is such a great site; I wish I could have a nice, big salad with all of you!

Have a great Friday!

Em

eusebius
04-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Good eating day today and I'm looking forward to another run tomorrow morning. The weather is pretty awful though.

Heather - What an inspiring story!! You're amazing :queen:

Hi Joanne and bibbityboo, I'm new too ;)

Have a good night all!

srmb60
04-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks Em ... I've learned alot along the way. Lots from the school of 'oi that didn't work'. I'm a regurgitater really. Everything I know, I learned from someone else. Knowledge is power in the health/fitness/weight loss game.

Good morning everyone!

HeatherAngel
04-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Morning all -

Thanks Eusebius! That's a very nice thing to hear :)

I hit the 20lbs lost this morning, so I am a happy girl! It's wet again here, but NOT snowing, so I will be heading out for a nice long walk in a little while - hope everyone has a moving, shaking day! :D

Later, 'gators!

meowee
04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Yuck . . . Yuck . . . Yuck . . . Yuck. I am definitely not in a good mood today. It is snowing (badly), I didn't sleep well, I have a throbbing toothache, and it's Friday the 13th. :mad: Tomorrow will be a better day.

Hope everybody else is doing fun stuff. . . :hug:

Ilene
04-13-2007, 11:35 AM
It's a dull day here but they say tomorrow will be nicer :crossed: ... Sick and tired of this blah weather :rolleyes:

Back down to 148 this morning :carrot: and I hope I stay there for the weekend, then next week I can go below 148?? Ya think? 148 seems to be my sticking number

Congrats :bravo: Heather on your 20# weight loss, that's awesome news!!

I gotta go get ready for work, TTFN :wave:

canadian mom
04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: to repeat what I said in featherweights ....this freaking weather

srmb60
04-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Wear a woolly hat. I got cold cheeks but I did it. It's invigorating and I feel accomplished.

Jayjay55
04-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Ilene, Em and Eusebius thanks for the welcome to the Crazy Canucks -- YAY us!!! LOL

We just had a couple of days of nice now we are back to wet but hopefully it will be nice on the weekend. I want to finish off the power washing and I only have two more full weekends with my sweetie until he goes back to his regular shift (working Sundays). Between the two of us we can get the front done -- its only a townhouse and not much of a driveway but it all takes time.

Anyone else have plans for the weekend??

canadian mom
04-13-2007, 05:39 PM
susan~ I do my exercise in the house -when it is nice I walk up the main road but there is only a small shoulder most of the way so it would not be a smart idea in bad weather- but I had to go to the grocerie store, wade thru the snow in my yard while carrying my 2 YO and trying to help the 4 year old and the youngest was throwing a fit that her big sissys were ahead of her (we use public transit). I am just ready for spring..

eusebius
04-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Well I ran today again and it was easy and felt good ... except ... this time I have lower back pain. That's never happened before. Actually it was happening before I started running. I'm hoping it's just stress and inertia and not a more serious problem. Will be more careful to stretch next time. I'm going to yoga tomorrow! :yoga:

Day 4 of Sonoma and I ate well. We've been invited out for drinks and pie (!!) on Sunday eve ... neither of which are so great for Sonoma Wave 1 ... so I will attempt to just sip water. I hope I won't seem anti-social, but I really don't want to derail this!!

Heather - Congrats on 20lbs!!!!!!! :carrot: :cheer:

Linda - I hope you have a better day tomorrow. :hug:

Ilene - great job on the loss!! :cp:

Better try to sleep now ...

KnCmamma
04-14-2007, 11:22 AM
I just found this thread(too bad they don't make it in it's own little folder).

I too am a canuck. I am in southwestern Ontario(between London and Kitchener). I have been here all my life. I am Jen, single mom to Katy(10) and Christian(7). I have been overweight basically my whole life but at the most now. I need to take control over my eating habits and also exercise habits(which there isn't any right now...I know, shame on me).

I so wish this weather would smarten up and warm up already.

HeatherAngel
04-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Morning all!

Welcome Joanne and Jen!! Jen -I'm in Kitchener, and Susan and I are hoping to have a Sunday lunch and walk by the river in Stratford some time in June... maybe you could join us! (no firm plans yet)

This is an amazing site - I check in every day (usually several times a day!) and it REALLY helps to keep me on track.

Glad you've joined us!

Busy weekend folks - keep it healthy!

meowee
04-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi Gang . . . :hug:

Things are much better today . . . After the snow, it turned quite mild and we ended up with less snow at the end of yesterday than we had before it snowed . . . don't mind a bit . . . apparently there's a bit of a Nor-Easter scheduled for tomorrow night, but the east coast of the US is supposed to be getting the worst of it for a change.

Welcome to the group JOANNE . . . :hug: and JEN . . . :hug: So glad to have you with us. I fear we are a long way from our own Forum . . . maybe someday we'll have enough members . . . in the meantime, don't forget to use the 'Thread Tools' tab at the top of the thread page to "subscribe" so that you can find us more easily. :)

Finally got my friend the retired carpenter to put up the new blinds so my family room doesn't feel quite like a fishbowl anymore. They look good and the rollers are a nice change from the mini-venetians. We'll see how long these last before the sun warps them out of shape like the old ones. That's what you get when three sides of the room are basically nothing but windows and it's the south side of the house. Great on a sunny day in the Winter . . . a little less than great in the Summer. ;)

Anyway, I hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . see you all again really soon . . . :carrot:

Rockie86
04-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi folks! It's rainy and drizzly here... I suppose it's a step up from snowy and drizzly yesterday! :lol:
I haven't done so good these past couple weeks. I blame the bf a little bit but I know it's really my fault; it's not like he's forcing me to eat the same things he does. I've just got to assert a little more willpower! I haven't weighed in in a while either because I know it's not going to be good. So this week's goal is to get back to my eating habits pre-bf arrival! Wish me luck!

canadian mom
04-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Today I did some baking. I baked low fat banana muffins. low fat oatmeal apple cinnimon muffins and some choclate banana cupcakes(sending most with DH as he is going away for the wek for work). I wanted to make some low fat carrot cake but decided to make somthing for DH insted.

I think I may burn some new cds for my workouts today

HeatherAngel
04-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Oh my gosh, Jen - if I lived with you, I'd gain weight just from the wonderful aromas in the kitchen!!!

I guess it is easier to lose weight when you have a phobia about baking and cooking like I do - LOL!!! :D

Sounds yummy!

canadian mom
04-14-2007, 08:08 PM
It helps that I have 4 kids. there are 6 of us in the house and I freeze some but they will probably be gone in a couple weeks but you never know I made oatmeal cookies a few weeks ago and there are still some in the freezer.

oldtimehockey
04-14-2007, 11:38 PM
"I'm a regurgitater really."

Mmmmm.....'taters..... Wha'?? Huh?? Oh, I REALLY have food on the brain today!

Welcome, Jen! :welcome2: I'm a single Mom as well. It's not easy with one; I don't know how you do it with two! There's alot of support here (as you can tell), and I'm counting on this site to keep me "honest" and on track!

I took my 4 year old and one of her friends to see "Meet The Robinsons" today (if you have a child under 8, don't bother). Now, I'm not a "candy" person (see: Easter), but boy, do I LOVE those Raisinettes! BUT NOT ONE OF THOSE DELICIOUS LITTLE CHOCOLATE NUGGETS OF JOY PASSED MY LIPS TODAY!!!! Woo-hoo! :cp:

Ok, I have to go batten down the hatches. Looks like we're in for a whopper of a rainstorm.

Mmmmm....whoppers.....:fr:

Have a great Sunday, All!

Em

Mmmmm....sundaes....:doh:

HeatherAngel
04-15-2007, 11:41 AM
:D @ em - hahahaha!! You really made me laugh!!

Nothing new here, folks -off to a busy, busy day - chat to y'all tomorrow!!

Keep it moving and shaking!!

meowee
04-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Whoopee the sun is shining on Atlantic Canada at the moment . . . hope it lasts. :cool: Other than that, nothing exciting in my world . . . have to get a few groceries and that most important of all household supplies . . . kitty litter. :D

Hope every body has a great moving and shaking day planned. See you all later. . . :carrot:

Jayjay55
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
The sun is shining here too -- although I see clouds rolling in. Not much exciting here - -my sweetie is pretty much stuck into watching all the playoff games and our Canucks are playing tonight - GO CANUCKS!!!!

Ruthxxx
04-15-2007, 05:30 PM
It's nice to know someone saw the sun in this country! The crappy weather is really getting to me as I want to garden!

Rain at the moment and flurries predicted right up to Thursday! Then it's supposed to improve but they LIE! :lol:

My ancestors left Ireland for this in 1831? Irish weather! At least we can BUY potatoes.

meowee
04-15-2007, 05:53 PM
True . . . but those lovely tasting potatoes have such a high carb count and GI . . . not good for the BGLs. :( Tried sweet potatoes which are a little bit better . . . but I honestly didn't care for them. :dizzy:

meowee
04-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey . . . where is everybody hiding today? Miss you, gang . . . :hug:

Well I finally did my income tax and wrote the nasty, nasty cheque. Yuck. :mad: Next on my agenda is to complete the applications for my CPP and OAS. Got the appies in the mail a few days ago, but guess I'll complete them on-line . . . anything to save a stamp. ;) Then I guess I will officially be OLD . . . because the government says so . . . funny, don't feel much different. :D

Anyway hope everybody is having the requesite moving and shaking kind of day. See you later . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I am stuck at 134. I do not want to drop my cals but I may have to. Right now I eat 1400-1500 cals but I may have to drop it to 1300-1400 cals. I knoe it is only 100 cals but that equals 2 yogurts or 2 apples to me that is alot of food. :(

meowee
04-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh JEN . . . :hug: . . . You are getting sooooo close. How long have you been stuck? Instead of just dropping calories, why not try zig-zagging for a while? Drop down a couple of hundred for a couple of days and then go up a couple of hundred for another couple of days, but with the goal of staying about the same level when averaged over a week. I know a lot of people have had that work pretty well to kick the scales back into submission. Good Luck. ;)

Ilene
04-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey . . . where is everybody hiding today? Miss you, gang . . . :hug: Don't know about everyone else, but I'm stuck under a wet, heavy freakin' snow bank :mad: ... April 16th a SNOW DAY :snow4: OYE :faint: ... At least I was able to stay in town and work a closer school rather than commuting 40 mins away...

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it :p ...

Other than that, it's been a good day :D

Ilene
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Oh JEN . . . :hug: . . . You are getting sooooo close. How long have you been stuck? Instead of just dropping calories, why not try zig-zagging for a while? Drop down a couple of hundred for a couple of days and then go up a couple of hundred for another couple of days, but with the goal of staying about the same level when averaged over a week. I know a lot of people have had that work pretty well to kick the scales back into submission. Good Luck. ;) That's a very tried and true way of shaking things up when you're at a plateau Jen :yes: ... Maybe add some intensity to your workouts for a couple of weeks, add heavier weights or walk or run hills, just something different to shake things up... Maybe swim?

canadian mom
04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Its hard to get out of the house to exercise except on nice days. DH works long hours and we cannot afford a gym or sitter for the kids. I haven't been stuck long . I was zig zagging a while back (not on purpose) I think that is when I went from 138 to 134 in a few weeks. I am starting to plan my days in advanced now. tomorrow is all planned out and I am gonna stick to it. I currently interval train for 1 hour and walk 30 mins one day and the next I do floor exercises some free weights, and then race walk and walk regular pace the next. I was doing tea bo for a while but the scale wasn't moving until I started interval trainning and then I started loosing inches.

Thanks for the support and letting me vent it just gets frustrating at times. it seems more frustrating now the less to lose the harder it is.

eusebius
04-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi everyone ...

5lbs gone this week :) Mostly water after a long period of eating salty foods, I'm sure, but it's nice to be rid of it.

What a crazy week. I work at a university teaching piano and the kids all have their piano exams today. 30 of them ... in a row ... GAH! But I have my food planned out. I won't stress eat!!!

Jen -- You are really exercising a lot! I'm sure you have thought of this but could it be that your body is redistributing the weight into muscle? Did you measure lately? I am sure that you are on the right path ... see if you have any NSV's to celebrate!! Also you are so close to goal now ... I know things *really* slow down at that point for a lot of people. Hang in there!

Ilene - whereabouts are you? Did you lose power in the storm? What crazy weather!!!

Anyway I'd better go get ready for work :yawn: :coffee: Have a great day everyone!!

meowee
04-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Good morning, gang . . . :hug:

The storm is working it's way east . . . wind has definitely picked up and it is raining/sleeting a lot. :( Not nice.

Have a good one, gang . . . hopefully I'll see you later . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
04-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Yesterday I just stayed in the house and crabbed to myself about the damned snow! Luckily we didn't lose power so I didn't have to trudge through the crud to start the generator. There are times when I miss having a man around the house!

The storm has moved east so hang onto your hat, Meowee. It has to be spring sometime, right? At least most of the snow has melted here and there is a rumour that sun may show by the end of the week. I hope so because it's Delta Maple Syrup Festival weekend!

On the weightloss front, I actually dropped 2K overnight after a day of no wine, lots of water and Phase One of South Beach! I know that won't happen every overnight (I wish!) but it sure was encouraging after being stick at 205 for six weeks! I'd nearly forgotten how to change my ticker.

Have a good SPRING day even if it's just in your head. :encore: :sunny: :flow1:

canadian mom
04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
eusebius~ I jus mesured this morning and I think that may be what is happening. I was sore all last week (all over) and I messured just my waist and hips (I was not to due messure until next week but because the scale is being a pain I thought I would check) and i have lost 3/4 of an inch in the waist , 1/2 inch in the hips and about 1/2 inch on each leg. Stupid me never thought of this until last night ,the girls bus was gonna be late due to weather so i took this opportunity to messure.(I usually do not have time during the week before I eat). look I was all in a fuss about nothing....lol

I am in NB and this is day 2 for freezing rain. the weather channel says over 10 degrees by the end of the week. they better not be lying we need some nice weather.

HeatherAngel
04-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Morning all -

Feel like I haven't checked in in ages, but I see yesterday was a slow day all 'round - LOL!

Eusebius - good luck today - hope all your 30 students aren't playing the same piece of music :D I know they're not, but it's always a loooong day when doing a particular grade with a set piece - hahaha! Well done on the weight loss, too! :carrot:

Jen - You really ARE working out a lot - good for you!! (although the aching yesterday doesn't really appeal to me - hahaha!!)

Ruth - fantastic news on the 2K loss! :D

Meowee and Ilene - good luck with the storm and Roll On Spring!!!

Okay folks - stupid question for you - what is an NSV?? I keep seeing it referred to, and I don't know what it means! :( Somebody please tell me (so that I can feel even more stupid when it seems completely obvious...!)

Have a great day, everybody!!

canadian mom
04-17-2007, 12:20 PM
NSV= Non Scale Victory as in losing iches,dress sizes, walking further than before etc..

hefty1
04-17-2007, 12:21 PM
:wave: heather nsv is non scale victory. meowee keep your snow there. did you get your old fogey papers filled out :lol:

HeatherAngel
04-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh! One more, too - what's 'woe'?? I means, we all have woes, but what's it mean HERE? LOL!

meowee
04-17-2007, 01:04 PM
WOE = Way Of Eating

There's a list of acronyms here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83430

Later, gators . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
04-17-2007, 01:16 PM
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!! It all makes sense, now :)

I love you guys :D

Heather

Ilene
04-17-2007, 09:06 PM
eusebius -- :wave: ... Yes we did have some flickering of outages but that was all, luckily...

Today the weather was still blah, and my mood was blah too... All I want to do is sleep....

Hey, congrats to the losers :high: .... Someday I'll be a loser too, HONEST!! :lol:

oldtimehockey
04-18-2007, 02:29 AM
Hi, All -

What a terrible, terrible couple of days it's been here in the "New England" part of the lower 48. First, we're in the middle of this miserable storm; right here on the coast, the flooding is unbelievable. Houses are literally being swept into the ocean. I live in a town where the local newscaster love to come and do their "catastrophic weather" reports right on the beach that's being eroded right out from under them. This weather is enough to give everyone seasonal affected disorder....

Then, the horrific tragedy at Virginia Tech yesterday. It makes me SO very sad and angry and sick. Not a good eating day today, for sure. I couldn't even exercise. I just took my daughter out all day today, errands and the library and such. The whole situation just makes me cry and cry. So now, I'm just going to say my prayers and go to bed. Tomorrow's another day, and, hopefully, a much sunnier one.

Em

eusebius
04-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone.

Jen - congrats on the inches lost!! :high: I knew with all the exercise you were doing it had to be something like that.

Ilene - glad to hear you weren't hit too hard by the storm.

Heather - things went OK yesterday but I didn't get enough sleep and like Em I was stressed out by the VA Tech thing. I was in my first semester of grad school at McGill when the Polytechnique massacre happened in Montreal ... those girls were all my age ... and each time something like this happens I feel sad and vulnerable. :cry:

so :hug: to Em and all of you.

I had a kind of NSV though ... I came home at the end of the day and bawled my eyes out ... but I didn't eat anything other than what I had planned. This is big for me ... I hope I can keep it up.

Praying for a better, warmer, sunnier, happier day for all of us!!
e.

meowee
04-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Oh my . . . another not very good day shaping up . . . the wind is still roaring and the sky is still very overcast although it is not, at the moment, raining. I'm nursing a weather induced migraine and a companion high Blood Glucose Level, plus a Weird Water Weight gain of 2.5 pounds. Oh well, this too will pass, just like the remains of this Nor-Easter. :(

Hope everybody else is having a better day . . . both weather-wise and personally. Keep things moving and shaking as best you can, gang . . . see you later. . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi all -

I am in 'miserable b!t@h' mode - this weather is REALLY dragging me down. :( Although I am not eating badly, and I did my 2.5K walk yesterday (although it took some real DRAGGING to get out the door), I am very low. I moved from England to AVOID this weather... it just seems to be endlessly gray and overcast. On top of all this, I seem to be horribly constipated (sorry, TMI, I a sure!) and bloated and sore. Rotten days.

Bring on the sun, please!! Don't get me wrong, I am grateful not to be in New England, so wishes are with all of you on the East Coast in both countries. Just please, PLEASE, can't spring come???

Try to have a better day than I am having all - gosh, what a moan that was. Sorry. :( I'll check in again when I am feeling better.

:hug: There, now I feel a bit better :)

Ilene
04-18-2007, 11:39 AM
:coach: Let's all hang in there Canuks!!!! :grouphug:

Blah day again... but at least I made it to the gym... Work this afternoon :p

Jayjay55
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
OK all you sad Eastern Canucks -- my patio is open and I will be serving low cal margaritas later on today :beach:

Actually in all honesty our weather is cool and sort of damp - but nothing like you guys are suffering with. I know last month I was struggling wishing the rain would go away and leave us -- let us just have a couple of hours of sun. Sure enough last weekend was gorgeous and it inspired me to eat better and get out to do some outside work.

I know you will all be enjoying the sun soon enough -- hold on to that thought.

Joanne

canadian mom
04-18-2007, 02:24 PM
I cannot wait for nicer weather. We need to level our mini home right now my front door will not stay latched and DH is out of town until tomorrow or Friday! The weather netwok says it is supposed to get nicer even up to 21 next week. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

summer4sister
04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Hello crazy canuks ;)
Well the weather here in Ontario is not too bad today. The sun is shining and I hear, 17 - 21 from now until Monday :carrot: I agree the weather can really put a damper on the excersise routine, but I too have had a weird gain today. I can't believe I have stuck to program so faithfully and then a 3 pound gain today. :?: It is very discouraging. But I will continue to trudge along, and perhaps with a little more water intack, I will get through this. It has been a constant fight not to break down and have a Pepsi and with a gain you tend to think would it really hurt ???:devil: However, I will remind myself.....I am eating to live, and not living to eat. :smug:

HeatherAngel
04-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Summersister - where in Ontario are YOU? No sun here :(

I WISH we had sun!

summer4sister
04-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Hello HeatherAngel
I am in Whitby....Where are you?

jcruz
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
GOOD MORNING fellow crazy canucks!!!
YEA!!! Looks like summer is almost here! Sun is shining! Still a wee bit cool but they are saying it should be about 20ish this weekend...I'm not holding my breath until I see it!
Sorry about my absence, my house flooded, my mom is going through some medical things and we've all been sick in my household. Am happy to say that I'm holding steady as far as my weight goes was afraid I was up some pounds with everything going on...
Anywho just got here to work and wanted to say 'Good Morning'!!! Enjoy the sunshine!
Jo

canadian mom
04-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Windy here again today althought it is still calling for nice weather tomorrow. I hope so we really need it. I am taking it a litlle easier thia week on exercising I just can't seem to get into this week. I still go for about 1 hour but my body just doesn't want to be pushed so I guess it needs a bit of a rest so today I just walked at a fast pace for 1 hour.

HeatherAngel
04-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Morning!! Little Miss Mary Sunshine here!!! LMAO!!! It's amazing what a difference sunshine can make... I got up, vacuumed, tidied the house and now I WANT to go for a 3K walk!! Yay!

Jo - glad to hear you are doing so well considering the stress you've obviously been under!

Summersister - I'm in Kitchener, and we had NO sun yesterday - making up for it today though!! :D

Jen - it sounds like you are being very wise - good for you!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Chat later -

meowee
04-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi Gang . . . :hug:

Both the weather and my mood are much the same as yesterday . . . although i do think the sky is starting to brighten a bit . . . we are supposed to get sun and some warmth tomorrow and that will hopefully chase away the remains of my headache and get me back on track. I'm still shovelling food into my mouth and I'm still swollen in the ankles and my weight is still heading in the wrong direction. :(

Anyway . . . keep things moving and shaking gang . . . we can overcome. See you later . . . :carrot:

eusebius
04-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Hi everyone!
Well, it is about time we got that nice sunny sky -- right Heather? ;) It would be nice to run OUTSIDE for a change.

I am stoked ... today I finish Wave 1 (10 days) of the Sonoma Diet, which means I can now have a grain serving at all 3 meals, 2 servings of fruit a day, and ... WINE!!! l believe we're also allowed a square of dark chocolate every few days. Luxury!! I am interested to see what the scale says in the morning.

Have a great night all!

Ilene
04-20-2007, 01:01 AM
eusebius -- I'm sure you've done well on Sonoma...

YES, the :sunny: was out today and I ran OUTSIDE to and from the gym :dance: all is good in my world now :D ...

Later all!

hefty1
04-20-2007, 09:44 AM
the sun is shining today and going to be hot. meowe you can have some of it. i'm going to clen my apartment today. :) glen

HeatherAngel
04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Morning all -

Scale's not moving, despite eating well and walking 3.3KM (woohoo!) yesterday, but then - it's not going up, so all is good!

You got it right, Eusebius - the sun makes everything easier!! :D

No real news folks, and a VERY busy weekend - I will try to pop in, but it might be Monday before I get a chance, so have a super moving, shaking weekend, everybody!!

meowee
04-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh YIPPEE . . . we finally have some sun and some slightly milder weather . . . up to 10 today. Most of my headache is gone and about half of the WWW I gained over the past couple of days . . . Nowhere to go but down. :D Thanks so much for sending it, Glen . . . I really needed it.

Well . . . seems that the youngest of my cats (Purrecious aka Squirrel Girl) does not like the new blinds in the family room. She thinks they are there solely for her entertainment and has put her teeth through one already. Looks like I won't have to wait for the summer sun to destroy them after all. :dizzy:

Nothing else new on my agenda for today. Hope everybody else has great moving and shaking plans . . . see you soon, gang . . . :carrot:

greeneggsandtam
04-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Good Friday Canucks!

Well l haven't been around for awhile but so happy to read that all seems to be well with folks. I've had some crazy emotional upheavals in my little life, but as they say it goes on and so it must...

I can't tell if I've gained or lost weight as I bought some new jeans. Ones that actually fit in the butt and leg. I'm so used to wearing larger jeans and pants and hiding my arse it feels weird. Anyways I'm so insecure about my backside all I can concentrate on is how tight the jeans feel and it's causing a wee bit of anxiety. The stupid thing about it is I'm wearing one of those long long tops that covers everything anyways. I suppose it's a case of just realizing that no one in world other than me is as preoccupied with my behind than me.
O.K. mantra for today:
nobody cares about your butt tammy....nobody body cares about your butt...

And on that thought, I'll try to actually get some work done.
Everybody have a great weekend!
Tam

hefty1
04-20-2007, 05:34 PM
:wave: i was out for a walk today without a coat. :dance:

BerniceOntario
04-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Thank you thank you fellow Canuks, for leading me to this forum.

Yesterday was a wonderful day around these parts. I was busy all day and spent some time raking and being outdoors.

I will weigh-in on Thursdays and feel so energized.

I have to get going as family is coming from Montreal today. We keep daughters camper here and they are coming to open it and stay the night.
It will keep me outdoors and busy today. Always good for keeping that old body moving, and those old calories a burning.

I worry about not being able to find this forum each time i log on. Is there a place to register favourite spots on this site? Also is there a place to keep a record of my progress?

Again thank you.

Bernice

meowee
04-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi BERNICE . . . :hug: . . . Welcome to the group . . .

To find us more easily . . . scroll to the top of the thread and click on "Thread Tools" . . . then click on "Subsrcribe to this Thread". When you log on from then on, you can just click on "User CP" at the beginning of the main navigation bar that is at the top of every Community page, and the first thing you will see is a list of subscribed threads that have new entries.

Hi EVERYBODY ELSE . . . :hug: . . . Woke up to deer in my backyard this morning . . . here are a couple of pictures . . . afraid they are not the best but I didn't go outside for fear of scaring them . . . but you get the general idea. ;)

It is another beautiful day here in Nova Scotia . . . the sun is shining and it is going to be above 10 again. . . Whoopee . . . give us more, please. Hope everybody is planning a great moving and shaking weekend. See you later . . . :carrot:

BEGSY
04-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Hello everyone..i accidently found this place last night while googling..funny i enver thought of looking specifically b4....Hope everyone is having a great saturday:)

Jayjay55
04-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone from the west coast -- it will take me a while to catch up -- LOL miss one day and you miss a lot. I wasn't feeling well on Thurs so I took Friday off. Ended up feeling not bad after all so I called a friend and we took the dogs out for a 5k stroll around the inlet -- it was quite gorgeous.

Hope to get some time to catch up -- it looks like you are getting much better weather in the east.

Joanne

Ilene
04-22-2007, 12:55 AM
:welcome: JayJay, BEGSY AND Bernice we luvs newbies around here :dance:

Today was a grrrrreat day in Eastern Ontario and it looks like the whole week will be the same :carrot: ... I biked twice today 20k each time :D and washed windows... burned over 1200 calories according to Fitday PLUS I ate well too...

Bernice -- To keep track of progress you can go to UserCP at the top of this page, Edit Signature on the left and make a weight tracker... Also you can go to Edit Profile scroll down a bit to Additional Information and you can add your start, current and goal weight, as well as your height and Fitday journal information... Hope this helps... I get a reminder in my e-mail of all the threads that I have answered to... But at the moment I can't remember how I did this... Can someone else help?

srmb60
04-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Good morning friends. We're back in the country and it seems as if we brought the nice weather home with us.

Wow, our thread is really growing. It's nice to see you all here.

meowee
04-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi Crazies . . . :hug:

Another gorgeous day shaping up in Atlantic Canada . . . not as warm as some of you are having (only going to about 12) but it is wonderfully sunny . . . :cool: The rest will follow soon enough.

Well, BERNICE . . . I'm not sure how Ilene gets the e:mail message . . . but you can keep track of your regular threads by going to the top of the thread and clicking on the 'thread tools' tab; then click on 'subscribe to this forum'. Next time you visit 3FC simply click on the "User CP" tab on the main control bar that is at the top of every community page and you will be shown a list of any subscribed threads that have new entries. It is actually easier to do than it is to explain . . . I don't think you'll have any problems . . . :hug:

:wave: to everybody else . . . Keep things moving and shaking, gang, . . . have a great day . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

eusebius
04-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Welcome to all the new folks!! Great group we have here.

So happy to see the beautiful weather here in Ontario this weekend. My DD was ecstatic to get to go to the park twice in one weekend, instead of her parents wimping out because it's too cold.

Usually I run Monday mornings, but tomorrow is a rushed day so I did it just now.

Yesterday I was playing for a masterclass in the big smoke (T.O.) and I had to eat dinner out with the group at a Thai restaurant. Well, I ordered a chicken dish and wouldn't you know, it was breaded. I ate only a bit, but I was still back up 2 pounds this morning. GRRRR!!! It better just be salt causing water retention ...

Have yourselves a great night and a great week! :wave:

Ilene
04-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Bernice, I found out how to get the e-notifications...

Go to User Options in your User CP:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread. Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Hope this helps...

KnCmamma
04-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Welcome, Jen! :welcome2: I'm a single Mom as well. It's not easy with one; I don't know how you do it with two! There's alot of support here (as you can tell), and I'm counting on this site to keep me "honest" and on track!

I actually prefer being a single mom. I was practically a single mom when we were with the kids father as he either was working, on his computer or sleeping.

Sure it's hard but we cope.

I would also like to thank all for the warm welcomes.

srmb60
04-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Good Morning! Today the Ontario Health Care System gets just a little bit better. I start full-time ;) I'm pumped!

And ... it appears to be a beautiful day as well.

BerniceOntario
04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Good morning Fellow Happy Persons. This certainly is an uplifting group. I was busy too. DH family were here to open their camper and stayed the night. I played Scrabble and UNO with my grandchildren(late teens)and believe me i realize what a previlige it is to have them here to visit, let alone play games with me, at their insistance.

Now for the even better news. I lost two pounds this weekend. I had weighed in before posting for the first time and was going to wait till Thursday, when my scale and i have a date, but felt good so i gingerly got on and lo and behold, a miracle came to pass. LOL

Thank you for the warm welcomes and i will check the weigh scales later on this evening. For now its out and at 'em.

Wishing you all a productive and happy day,

Bernice in Cornwall, Ont

HeatherAngel
04-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Morning all!

It was a busy weekend, but productive! AND... the plateau of a week is over -hurrah! I still do find it difficult to wrap my head around the idea that I do have to to eat MORE calories to lose weight... looking back on the week's plateau, I can see three days where my calories dipped below 1200, and just the one day over 1400 - what a learning curve!! :D

Susan - congrats! Hope the day goes well :)
Bernice - send your grandchildren to me - I LOVE Scrabble!! :)

Keep moving and shaking folks - I'm off to take advantage of the beautiful day!!

Ilene
04-23-2007, 11:20 AM
OMG!!!!! Bernice you're in CORNWALL??? So am I!!!??? How cool is that?? Do you go to a gym? I go to Physical... You're the first person I ever meet on here from Cornwall... If you ever want to get together for coffee or a workout, I'm game :D ...There are a lot on 3FC from Ottawa too... Yay for your weight loss, it's not easy to do lose weight over a weekend... I was down from the weekend too for a change :carrot: maybe all that biking paid off ...

Not much happening here... Just back from the gym, hopped on my bike and went out for 15k, and now I have to get ready to go to work in Casselman :( ... Sucks to work on such a beautiful day :sunny:

Well, I'm off...

HeatherAngel
04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey Ilene - didn't realize you were in Cornwall... I was telling Bernice, I grew up in Maxville!! I'll say it again... ahhh - my memories of the delightful Domtar smell!!! :D

Heather

Bikini Dreader
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

im not exactly a regular here but I check it out from time to time. I like to see the Canadians! This is a very positive thread.

I'm on a mission to lose the rest of the weight before my goal date. I'm kicking this into high gear now.

srmb60
04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
When is your goal date Bikini Dreader? I have 5 or 7 stubborn pounds!

Bikini Dreader
04-23-2007, 03:18 PM
It's actually a little too soon to expect that much weight loss but my plan is to be super diligent and hope for the best/closest to the goal.

My date is my flight date for Europe (May 30th). So 5 weeks basically. I would be happy if I got to 125 and improved my % body fat (that is one of my other goals). As a binge eater, that has been a big struggle (stopping bingeing) so I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far in a healthy way. In the past I have not been so healthy.

Thanks for asking!

srmb60
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm glad you're healthier and I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip much better now that you are.

meowee
04-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi there gang . . . :hug:

Beautiful day today . . . I think we are actually going to top out about 25 . . . goodness gracious, it's almost summer . . . oh well back to the 15 level for tomorrow. Guess they don't want to spoil us with too much, too soon.

Congratulations of the full-time status, Susan . . . glad to hear you will be doing your best for us all the time now. ;)

Ilene, Bernice (and Heather, almost) . . . hey glad you Cornwall-ians are finding each other. :)

Okay everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . see you later, Chickies (and Glen - although I do believe that "Chick" is a non-gender-specific term, anyway) . . . :carrot:

Ilene
04-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Heather -- No more Domtar smell now though, it's good to see the smell go, but it was an awful thing for all the jobs lost :(

Well a bit of excitement on my street late this morning. The house across the street burned! I wasn't able to go to work even because the fire trucks were all over and the street was blocked... No one was hurt, thankfully, but 2 cats ran off...

I got into the crackers when all this excitement was going on, I hope I didn't ruin my food day because of it... I'm going to Fitday to count my calories...

meowee
04-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Now that's a kind of excitement we can all do without . . . glad no one was hurt . . . hope somebody rescues the cats . . . hey what do you expect from somebody named 'meowee' ? :D

Ilene
04-23-2007, 08:20 PM
I agree, Meowee, I'm a cat lover too... I babysat 2 extra cats this afternoon... there is still one missing out of the 5 cats that belonged in that house...

canadian mom
04-23-2007, 08:54 PM
It has been georgous here lately so i have beenout enjoying it. Nothing much new here to report. I go to the dentist tomorrow to see about my teeth i am not too sure if I want o pull them but I do not want to not be able to eat agin.

eusebius
04-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi everyone, beautiful day today in S. Ontario until the downpour hit (when I was, of course, outside with my broken umbrella):rolleyes:
I somehow made it to 11PM without eating my snack, then woke up from putting dd to bed and was ravenously hungry. Good thing I had a snack still allotted!
Tomorrow DH, miraculously, doesn't have to go in to work, and DD is in day care so we will have a day together to have lunch and go to a movie. Ahhh ... now just keep the popcorn away from me!! :corn:
Susan WTG on your new fulltime gig!!
Bikini Dreader - I am so impressed that you have overcome binge eating. That is a really fabulous achievement! :carrot:
Well folks, I will read for a bit and then try to get some more shut-eye. I hope everyone has a fabulous OP day tomorrow!!

HeatherAngel
04-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Morning all -

Had a VERY short walk yesterday - got caught in that downpour eusebius mentioned...! Hoping for a longer walk today. :)

I've started lunching with a friend who is very busy doing taxes this time of year, and it is working out SO well... instead of meeting at a restaurant for lunch as we used to, I BRING lunch for both of us, and we eat while she keeps working. Sound boring? It's not! I get to see her, AND I am in total control of what I am eating!! In fact, she's started sending emails saying she feels so much better from my 'healthy lunches', she'd like to do it more regularly, so when she's got more time, we're hoping to meet, picnic, and walk :)

Jen - good luck at the dentist - thinking of you! :hug:
eusebius - have fun today with hubby, you deserve it! ;)
Ilene - hope the cats turn up :(
meowee, bernice, bikinidreader, susan (and anyone else I missed - oops!) - have a super day today; hope it is sunny where you are! :D

Later, chicks -

canadian mom
04-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Well it is sunny here but really strong winds. I went to Jinglers last night (a bin store) and got 3 pairs of shorts and a jean dress for DD3 for under 13$. I would of loved to look more but it was jus a quick stop.

We got all our junk to the curb yeaterday...well the stuff that wasn't still frozen to the ground. i will have to get DH to take the rest today now that it has unthawed.

I need to sweep my floors but I don not want to.lol I wish the house would clean itself.

Ilene
04-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Lost cats were all found :D ... They can't stay in the house for 2 months, $150,000 damage, the whole upstairs will have to be redone plus lots of water and smoke damage... They were in the process of renovating, so now everything will be new...

8k run done, going for a bike ride now, done some wash too, hung outside it's a gorgeous day here :sunny:

srmb60
04-24-2007, 01:32 PM
I paid attention to my flyers this week and thought I'd try an Independent. It's a half hour thatta way >>>> which I thought would be inconvenient but it's next door to a Canadian Tire. If I wanted to go a couple of blocks further, there's a Dollar Store and a Saan too. Might try that some day when I don't have to work afternoons.

I originally went for canned salmon but walked off with $77 worth. I got good stuff tho' and a nice big haul for the money. And a rice cooker!

I floundered in the laundry soap aisle ... does anyone have any tips on 'HE'? I'm still using up my Purex in itty bitty dibbles.

Ilene
04-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Enquiry minds wanna know why you're using your "Purex in itty bitty dibbles" I've never used HE but I do like Purex...

Not much in my neck of the woods today... Just nice and :sunny: out and that's important for everyone's morale :D ...

srmb60
04-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Because if you use regular detergent in a front loader(:love: my new washer) it causes bubble trubble! My SIL told me to just use wee bit of my old stuff until I found "HE". I want HE Gain but haven't found it yet. And it's all mega expensive!

meowee
04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi gang . . . :hug:

Sorry I was MIA yesterday . . . it turned into a really busy one; just chock full of appointments of various kinds. Got off to a rotten start with a really low blood glucose level, picked up with a great scale reading (more on that later), picked up even further with an earlier booking to get the cataract surgery on the second (right) eye - Monday, April 30; instead of May 9 - so that gives me more healing time before the 'biggie' (the hysterectomy) on June 7, ended with a craving for Habitant French Canadian Peas Soup for dinner (:mad: I really should know better) which culminated this morning at my official WWI with the scale 5 pounds higher than it had been the morning before. Salty canned soup wins again. . . . :tantrum: :tantrum: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: The thing that really annoys me, of course is that I did it to myself and the surgery on Monday will, no doubt, bloat me up with even more WWW for a further couple of weeks. My poor ticker hs been so stuck on the same place for so long already, that the poor old tortoise is beginning to wonder.

Anyway, that is definitely enough of my whining. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you soon . . . :carrot:

eusebius
04-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Ilene - Good thoughts for those poor homeowners from me! WTG on maximizing the great weather with a run AND a bike!! Of course, today is my run day and it's raining. No matter!

Jen - great bargains! I know how you feel about the house cleaning itself. I guess I'm hoping that DD will get fed up one day and just start sweeping :lol:

Linda - OMG, cataract surgery AND a hysterectomy within a few months! I will be thinking of you!! Don't give up --- I would say that even if you don't lose anything, maintenance would be a major victory right now! :hug:

Totally unrelated: has anyone ever stencilled before? I bought a wooden box for DD who will be 4 in a couple of weeks, and some stencil supplies to turn it into a "tickle trunk" (Mr Dressup, I can say that on this board!) full of costumes and hats. So if anyone has any stencil tips for a beginner I am totally receptive!!!

Have a great day!
e.

HeatherAngel
04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow, meowee - you sure have a lot on at the moment and for the next few weeks! I'll echo eusebius - maintaining alone will be hard enough! :hug: Thinking of you for Monday!

Susan - I have a front loader too - gosh, it's crazy how much I love it! (we always had one in the UK, and I did insist when we settled back here!) It's a real joke in our house - I'd rather spend time in the laundry room than anywhere else!! :o I don't know what 'HE' is though... I just use Tide and Downey and bleach if I need to!

Okay all - today is a day of 'many little tasks' so i am going to get to it!

Have a super great day, everybody!

meowee
04-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks, gang . . . actually about an hour ago I decided to stick the scale in the cupboard for at least the next month (maybe two) mostly because I know there will be lots of WWW involved, and I don't need to be weighing it all the time . . . still going to try very hard to maintain the good eating habits; but know the exercise will be shifting into low for a bit come June . . . Hey, we've all got to just keep doing the best we can.

My best tips for stencilling . . . make sure it is well stuck down and keep the brush as dry as possible . . . almost paint free. Oh yes, always work from the edges (ie., the stencil) toward the centre of the open space.

Later . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Susan~purex has HE soap I shop at sobey's and they have it there. I looove my front loader also with 6 people in the house it is nice having something that can do a big load and clean the clothes lol

canadian mom
04-25-2007, 01:09 PM
I went to the dentist last night and next month they are pulling 2 of my wisdom teeth out so hopefully no more painfull weeks where I cannot eat. he is gonna look at the one I got filled a few years ago and that wil probably be next.
Last night mom and I went back to Jinglers to get DH some new work pants and I found a barbie dress for DD3 and a shirt for DS. Then we went to Frenchy's (same type of bin store) and found some more pants for DH and DD1 and some sweaters for DD1,2and3 and 2 shorts for DS. So for a little under 50$ I got 7 pairs of jeans 4 sweaters a dress and a dress shirt and 2 shorts.
I love these stores!!!!!

I binged REALLYbad last night. I was up all night sick. I think it was from nerves(I am so nervous about getting teeth pulled) but today I am doing better. i had a bag of mini eggs dark chocolate and now my tummy hurts so i think the binge is behind me. I am picking myself up and starting fresh today.

srmb60
04-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Ooooo Sobey's ... I could go to Stratford on Friday.

greeneggsandtam
04-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Quick post Crazy Canucks!!

The good weather has palpably changed the mood of the city . I love it.

Got a new car last night and now all my high and mighty plans to bike everyday, (You know- for my health and the environment) don't seem nearly as important. LOL. :dizzy:

I am hiding in my classroom this noon so as to not buy a cinnamon bun, piece of pie, puffed wheat cake or any other dastardly thing from that stoopid cafeteria we have in our school. I hate it. The cafetieria lady is soooo cheap, and she serves an entree with what she calls a salad - it's like a shooter-sized tiny little cup filled with no more than three little leaves of lettuce. Gross. I'm boycotting it.
...I'm also eating organic carrots which I know is better but it's like I'm hooked on all that sugar at noon now...:(

Whine whine whine.
Anyways must start the afternoon on a positive note; so I hope everyone has a great day!!
Tam

Ilene
04-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Because if you use regular detergent in a front loader(:love: my new washer) it causes bubble trubble! My SIL told me to just use wee bit of my old stuff until I found "HE". I want HE Gain but haven't found it yet. And it's all mega expensive!Ok, I get it now... So those front loaders are nice?

canadian mom -- Good for you for picking up and starting fresh right away, it's not easy to do, but can be done, when we're persistant... You can do it, we're here for you!!

Aww, Meowee, cataract surgery AND a hysterectomy, sucks big time, just take care of yourself :hug: :hug: .... and you can whine all you want I have wide shoulders and the other gals are also great listeners... Hang in there...

Spent the day in the hospital in Ottawa with my 80 year old dad for a colonoscopy... Poor ole fellaw was totally whipped after the proceedure... Ottawa is an hour or so away, and he slept the whole way home, he never sleeps in the car... My mom came too and they both slept all the way home... I didn't mind I just listened quietly to my music, it was a beautiful day to drive anyways...

srmb60
04-26-2007, 12:32 AM
I love my new front loader but I can't really tell ya why. It's right beside the kitchen which is a big plus. It's quiet. The clothes look good. The laundry comes out quite dry. I haven't hung anything out yet but I'm sure it'll dry in a snap.
It should be using less water and I'm absolutely positive the dryer uses less power than my old one did.

eusebius
04-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Meowee - thanks for the stencil tips ... they are really helping!!

Jen - no worries ... you're back on the wagon now! (Hey, you're on the other TBL team, I shouldn't be encouraging you) :lol:

Ilene - your parents are lucky to have you around to help out!! Do you live near them?

Susan - I am thinking about buying a front loader in the summertime. They've been using them in Europe for years and I really do think they do a better job.

Well I'm almost done my stencilling project and I hope Claire will like it! Tomorrow (after running of course!) my mom & I will go out searching for costumes and hats to put in it, and maybe some sewing patterns for future costumes (so Claire can at least see the pictures). Then my brother comes in to visit from Alberta ... he has a conference in Toronto so he is coming out to Hamilton for the evening.

It's so quiet here today. Maybe everyone is out exercising!! :exercise:

srmb60
04-26-2007, 02:56 PM
When my kids were little I made a lion costume. I sewed all the yarn bits on the head piece. There was the wizard cape and baggy drawers and the clown suit ... How on earth did I have time for that stuff?

Ilene
04-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Susan -- We found time for so many things, back in the day :lol:

eusebius -- My parents and my one and only brother live less than 1k away... My brothers, kids also all live in town... We're very lucky to all live so close, PLUS as a bonus we all get along :lol: ...

Well I do hope we are all out exercising :strong: :ebike: I'm just back from an hour bike ride, this morning I ran to and from the gym, while at the gym I did legs... So, all is good in IleneLand :lol3: ... When Ilene exercises, Ilene is :queen: :rofl: .... (sorry, if I'm laughing at my own jokes)

meowee
04-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Just flying past and quickly saying HI EVERYBODY . . . Got tangled up with some spring cleaning and furniture rearranging this morning and you know how that can some times expand to fill the day . . . I'm exhausted.

In the middle of it all I got a call from the office asking for some help with some more retirement packages and, of course, they have to be done for tomorrow. Can't face those files right now so I guess that is my morning taken tomorrow and then I have errands to do because of the surgery on Monday. So I probably won't be around much tomorrow either.

Have a great moving and shaking evening, gang . . . I hope to see you sometime tomorrow . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
04-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Morning all - just a very quick 'hello!' as my time on the computer is limited today; I have a horribly sore throat and am achy, so hubby has ordered me to rest... of course the show opens next Tuesday and we rehearse every day form tomorrow on... lucky, lucky me.

Send me all your healthy-ness!!! :D

Meowee - be sure to rest when you've finished all your work!

Have a great day, everybody!

meowee
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi gang . . . I'm rushing again . . .

At least I did get the work project finished and some shopping done. Hopefully I'll get some time on the weekend to update you on what I bought . . . ;)

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking weekend planned . . . see you all later . . :carrot:

meowee
04-28-2007, 05:37 PM
My goodness . . . where is everybody hiding? . . . Well, wherever you are and whatever you're doing . . . I hope you are having fun . . . :hug:

Hey . . . check below to see what I did on my little shopping spree yesterday . . . . . . Found a breeder of Bengal cats right here in my own little town. Called them Frick and Frack (two females) and Muttley (male). Of course, they do have great long registration names, too -- but I don't care -- and I don't think they do either.

In the pictures below you can see my current problem . . . I really don't know who is who . . . If you see them all at the same time -- Frick is a bit more brown than the other two -- and then, if you have a 'rear view :o , you can tell Frack and Mutt apart. I'm sure differences will show up in time. At least I hope so.

Anyway gang . . . keep on keeping on and I'll hope to see you all again soon . . . :carrot:

srmb60
04-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Why we're flipping back and forth between the race and the game, of course :)

Nice new babies you've got.

eusebius
04-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Heather - hope you are feeling better :hug: I think I have a cold myself. I am all dragged out and tired. Not achy, though, thanks to yoga :yoga:

Linda - your new kitties are adorable!! I love Bengals. They are so exotic looking! I have a seal point Siamese myself.

Ilene - Great job on the exercise. You are so consistent and inspiring!!

I had a good eating day despite feeling kind of gross. I hope I can keep this up. Would like to have a good weigh-in on Monday morning!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

oldtimehockey
04-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, Hello Friends!

Sorry I've been "away"; my DD and I have been "kitty-sitting" for the past 12 days and haven't really been home!

I'm glad to see all the "old" friends, and want to say :welcome2: to the new friends!

I've been "up and down" as far as eating and exercising goes; fortunately, with all commuting between home and "Kitty-ville", I've not fallen prey to one of my former weaknesses: eating in the car (i.e., the dreaded "fast food"!). YAY! When I started this weight-loss trip, my Doctor gave me some good advice. She said 1) Make 2 days a week completely vegetarian, and 2) DON'T EAT IN THE CAR!

Anyway, the sun was out for awhile yesterday here in MA, and now has disappeared. I'm on my way out to run errands before the Games come on (Red Sox-Yankees, and whatever NHL playoff game the networks will show here!).

I know we have some NS friends here; anyone near Sydney?

Take care, All!

Em

HeatherAngel
04-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi everybody - just checking in, hope everyone is doing okay. I am crazy busy, but it is actually making me tired and not eating very well (PMS, too - YIKES!)... so have gained a pound (but I'll blame PMS and call it water - :D).

Rehearsing now all hours for opening Thursday, so will check in again Monday morning. Still feeling lousy, but marginally better than yesterday when I just wanted to lie on the floor and sleep... there is something nasty and viral going around!

Hang in there gang! Keep moving and shaking and making good choices and hopefully it will rub off on me!! :)

canadian mom
04-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Nothing much new here except I think I am gonna buy myself some new weight as soon as the hubby gets payed. i will be hurting then ...lol

sweetNShoney
04-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi Everyone!

Fantastic to see a Canadian thread! I am new here only my secpnd post, hoping to lose some weight and make some friends!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/sliderbug/lb/170/140/167/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

canadian mom
04-29-2007, 01:36 PM
:welcome3: sweetNShoney

meowee
04-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi gang . . . :hug:

:wel3fc: and to our Crazy Canuks world, SWEETNSHONEY, so glad to have you joining us. This is really a great community for lots of support and friendship as you travel down the long winding road to better health and fitness. I'm sure you will just love it here, Chickie. BTW, where are you in NS . . . I'm in Pictou.

Just got back from a cat-food run . . . these new kittens just never stop eating . . . well, not quite true; they also seem to spend a lot of time in the litter box getting rid of what they've been eating, too. :o

Probably won't be around tomorrow . . . have to be at the hospital for 6:30 (even though the surgery isn't until 9:00). After I get home again, I'm sure I'll just spend the afternoon sleeping. If everything goes as well with this eye as it did with the first one, I should be going strong again by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hope everybpody is having a great moving and shaking kind of day. See you soon. :carrot:

oldtimehockey
04-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Welcome, sweetNShoney! :welcome: I'm in MA, but spend quite a bit of time in Sydney.

Meowee - Good luck with the surgery, Sweetie! I'm sure you'll be movin' and shakin' in no time! :goodluck: :yay: :exercise:

Does anyone here watch "Celebrity Fit Club"? It's one of the funniest shows on television (presumably not intentional!).

Have a great Monday, All!

Hey, what do you know? It's raining....

Em

hefty1
04-30-2007, 10:53 AM
good luck cat lady
glen

HeatherAngel
04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Let us know how you got on, meowee - thinking of you!

:hug:

meowee
05-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Okay gang . . . :hug:

It's time to move and shake our way over to our new home for the month of MAY . . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1675864#post1675864

See you over there . . . :carrot: