Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #31  
It Just Goes To Show You!

S/C/G: 222/195.5/136

Height: 5'2"

Hey All....

Hey Hoovey WELCOME! Glad you can join us...

NotfatjustFluffy, Rhonda, SusanB...

Nicola congrats on the dress and the 6 lbs...

Clydegirl that ending on your post is perfect..."Remember it's only one day don't pig out all week" ...I wrote it in my journal...it is kinda like a "rap" song...

Jo...it's a nice to be tired of hearing "hey mum"... and Jo the pound will come off before you know it...

You know what happened the other day? I weighed in on Thursday like always and I was down 2.5 lbs...I took my measurements (last time was Jan 21/07) and I have lost 13 inches total...I also took pictures (last ones were from Jan 21/07) and compared the old set and my new set and you can really notice a difference...I tend to be a...glass 1/2 full kinda girl...so I should be hyped, excited, elated, happy...but man I was in a real bad mood yesterday and I have been anxious/fidgetty today...what is all that about...I am afraid that I might try to sabotoge this... I am really going stick to my water and just go with the flow...but I am frowning a lot and it isn't even time for my period...

Hey what do you think of my Avatar...that is my one cat...Gus! He is my main man!
Kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #32  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Hi All!

Welcome to Hoovey!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats on my 6lbs loss ... Jo, it's so true, having a good loss really does help to bolster your willpower ... and boost your ego! It's made me even more determined!

Kimush, well done on your 2.5lbs loss ... that's fantastic ... Be happy!!!

Hi to everyone else ... hope you all have a great Easter Sunday ... and remember what Clydegirl said ... it's only one day ... so be good!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #33  

Hey Again...

Nicola Thanks and back at you girl...
Old 04-08-2007, 04:02 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 22 lost alot more to go

Height: 5'4

I am wishing you all and your familys a wonderful holiday.
notfatjustfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #35  
mudbug

S/C/G: 232/215/160

Height: 5'9

HAPPY EASTER!!! to everyone , enjoy the day!

mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #36  

HEY EVERYONE!

HOPPY EASTER!

HAVE A STUPENDOUSLY TERRIFIC DAY!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #37  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Kimush cheers I'm happy I inspired you to write that in your journal.

Tomorrow is a new day hang in there everybody. Think positive.

Hope everyone had a lovely easter.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #38  

Hey There Everyone!,

Goodmorning Clydegirl,
You are so right...I had really two very difficult days where I would have eaten my own foot...and that has passed...I know that this is going to sound really weird but I think that I have a big problem when it comes to yogurt...I don't eat it often...but when I do I generally can not stay full feeling and I become really disagreeable/tempermental because I am starving the whole darn day...so I am going to conduct a yogurt experiment...I will continue to eat my predictable regular breakfast (peanut butter on whole grain toast with on banana) for the next few weeks that are "normal" for me and then I will have one day where I eat yogurt for breaky and see what happens...My yogurt breakfast the other morning consisted of a lemon chiffon (no fat) yogurt with fresh strawberries, blackberries, crushed pecans & almonds (1 tbsp of each)...
Old 04-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! I'm enjoying a bit of normal quiet here this morning. However ... I am cooking turkey. It's so hard to gather up our kin for holidays, isn't it? Between work and school ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #40  
One pound at a time.

Morning girls.

Kimush that yogurt sounds good with all the stuff you added to it. I used to have a fat free yogurt with Kashi cereal and that was filling. Can't find the Kashi cereal around here. I need to try some other stores. At the moment for breakfast I'm having a mini bagel with PB and a banana.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #41  
One pound at a time.

Kimush what is that big fluffy thing in the cage on your profile?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #42  

Hey All,

Susan B...have fun I love to cook holiday meals...yesterday I made that hashbrown casserole that everyone talks about but we experimented and made the thing low fat/calorie reduced...so instead of 900 calories and 65 grams of fat...I was able to get it to 186 calories and 3 grams of fat...and the stuff tasted really good...

Clydegirl...that little creature is Rosie the dwarf hamster...she is the new edition to our family... the picture was my attempt at experimenting with adding images and graphics to my profile...and the cat in my avatar is Gus who is the stray that came to my house almost dead but we nursed him back to health and in the process he gained 11 lbs......So anyways...you would think that that yogurt should be really good for you but I practically turn into a rabid beast when I eat yogurt...Kashi cereal I am noticing it in Canada now...I am not a big cereal eater (however my favorite is raisin bran or frosted flakes...not the best choices)...I know that Bob Greene has a cereal recipe where you add 1/3 of Kashi cereal, whole wheat cheerios, and rice chex...I haven't tried it though...I think that since I have a "fat" tooth I need peanut butter in the morning it keeps me going until lunch and feels decedant...
Old 04-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #43  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Hi Guys!!

Hope everyone had a good Easter. We went to my brother's in NJ. Nice time; good food. Ham, homemade mac and cheese, homemade cornbread (I made); cake. I ate some of everything but in no way over did it. It's really weird, but although everything tasted good, it didn't taste as good as I thought it was going to. What is wrong w/me? I even ate one coconut egg (Zitner's). It was . . . . just ok. Really strange. So far haven't been tempted by the kid's Easter basket candy. They are pounding it down though. Sugar rush/letdown will ensue! I did reach my 160 goal yesterday. Maybe that was why I just didn't want to gorge. Too darn hard to get it off!!

Kimush --I try to eat yougurt like 4 times a week 'cause it's good for you and I like it. I like Dannon's coffee yogurt (yes, I am weird!). However, I usually either eat it about 1 1/2 hrs. after a salad (w/baby lettuces, lean smoked ham, handful of part-skim shredded mozzarella and dressing). I find that the salad doesn't hold me more than a couple of hours and if I wait to have the yogurt, it won't do a thing for my hunger. BUT if I eat it about 1 1/2 hrs. after the salad, it seems to hold me for quite a while. I'm like you; need the protein/fat combo (like peanut butter -- on bananas or apples ). I also mix in a little Kashi Go Lean cereal. Quite tasty.

Hi Hoovey Welcome; glad to have you aboard!!

Well, off to do something drastic to this boneless chicken. TTFN!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 PM   #44  

Hey All,

Jo...Congrats...That boneless chicken...I make an orange marinade like I would have for my salmon...also you can make a pineapple or mango chicken...okay I just noticed that they all have fruit...my daughter makes a really healthy chicken parmagian (sp?)...in a non-stick frying pan and homemade bread crumbs from the calorie reduce breads...low fat mozzarella cheese and a homemade marinara...and it is so healthy that you can also have some whole wheat pasta and sauce...

I am feeling kinda bored with salads...lately...any ideas?

Tonights salad had...romaine, raw cabbage, radishes, carrot, celery, campari tomatoes, sweet onion...then I had a balsamic vinegrette...any ideas guys???
Old 04-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #45  
mudbug

S/C/G: 232/215/160

Height: 5'9

Kimush...I love to have articokes in my salad. Also I like crasins and almonds if I'm just eating a salad to add a little protien and sweetness. When cucumbers look good in the market I like making a salad of cucumbers, carrots,green peppers,red onoin,and cheery tom. /w water and vinegar .Their better the next day. Your orange marmelade sounds good on salmon, does that come in a jar or is homemade?
It's hard for me to get in all the veg. you need without eating a salad a day,
which I agree does get a bit boring.

Jo...congrats for reaching your goal

Ate abit over what I planned to this weekend and didn't get any exercise in ,but It's a new week did good today and I'm back on track .

Rhonda
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote