Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:39 AM   #1  
Food junkie

S/C/G: 150/150/118

Height: 5'5''

Default Ok, I'm ready...for real this time

Hi everyone!
How is everyone doing?
I've been a member here for a while, I started writing a journal, but for some reason stopped coming on here (lack of motivation, weight gain, etc.). I don't think I'd say that I'm a full-on binger, but to me it feels like a binge just because I feel I lose all control when I eat, like my brain isn't functioning. So, I want to take this opportunity, once again, to keep up with my journal. This will be a new beginning, and I will post even if I do GAIN weight. I can beat my disordered eating. I have already joined the April Challenge and I'm going to start exercising. I know I can do this and I know I can lead a healthier lifestyle. I just have to set a goal for myself. Right now, my goals are:
-drink 8-10 glasses water daily
-exercise daily from 30-60 mins
-no junk food
-weigh ins once a week, probably Mondays (this will be very hard for me)

I am ready to fight this monster once and for all. I can do it!
Have a good day, everyone
May the force be with you
bringiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey, and welcome. I'm new too, just started posting here last week. I have very similar goals as you do, so we could be a great support system for each other! I'm also trying to exercise daily, drink lots of water, and steer towards healthier foods. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks because it seems to make me binge more and I bet my weight's up since I've been eating like crazy, but I want to start weighing in weekly (or perhaps daily, since that seems to make me a little more sane about it if I'm up or whatever).
Anyway, good luck on your journey!
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #3  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Welcome! Your post sounds so much like me. You can do it!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome!
You have a plan and that is great! Focus on your goals and post when you are in distress........... I know I do!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

I'm still a newbie myself to these boards. Good for you, making goals and having a plan. I know exactly what you mean when you say that it feels like your brain is not functioning when you start to binge... that's a good way to describe it. Hang in there and kup
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:24 AM   #6  
Food junkie

Thanks everyone for supportive comments! They really help. I had a very busy day today and had hardly any time for food. I think what my biggest problem is is that I am a college student on a low budget and a habit of being lazy. And, this semester, I have gotten a job, so I don't know what my problem is with not being able to eat healthily. I usually eat junk from the vending machine, which is conveniently located in my dorm building, on my floor nevertheless.

Snowbunny, yeah, we do have very similar goals. I really feel like I need a buddy to keep me in check and kick my butt when I need it. We could just record our daily progress, just food and exercise-wise.

Right now, I'd really like to weigh myself just once a week, but I just get impatient. It's become a habit now, like eating junk. I have to break out of the habit. Also, whenever I set a goal that I'll buy healthier snacks (like rice cakes, fat free fudge bars, fat free pretzels/chips) I end eating the whole bag in 1 or 2 days. It is just so frustrating. And then there's days like this, where I eat a healthy salad and have no time to get anything else and end up eating a chocolate bar and later starving. I really want to be honest. I pretty much eat very little/nothing throughout the day until I get back from my classes, which is usually around 3/4. Then I eat a salad and end up eating junk later at night. I just need to stop. I need to get my health back on track and make it a priority. Gosh, I used to be so healthy in high school and that was only 3 years ago. Time flies by. Sorry this is so long. I just wish I had an answer as to why I overeat. I know sometimes it's because I eat nothing all day long, but I have this fear that if I start eating breakfast, I'll get even fatter because I'll probably eat more than I do now.
Wow, again, sorry for the length, but I guess I needed to let it out.
Thanks for listening
Stay strong and motivated
bringiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:29 AM   #7  
Food junkie

Oh, progress on goals today:
-Water: 2 glasses
-Exercise: Walking around all day doing errands and going to classes
-Junk food: 1 bar Hershey chocolate but getting there
Weight: 149.5 lbs