General chatter - What Celeb Do People Say You Look Like?

djamazon
03-30-2007, 09:17 AM
I just saw a picture of a lady on the support thread that looks JUST like Holly Hunter. What celebrity do people tell you look like?

People tell me I look like Kirsty Alley. :dizzy:
I think I look more like Rosie O Donnell. :?:
Either way, I guess that means I resemble the two craziest chicks on tv. :D

grammpaula
03-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Genie Francis (Laura Spencer) on General Hospital

techwife
03-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Paula: You DO look like Laura!! WOW!! You should grow your hair long and set it on hot rollers...dead ringer!!

People used to tell me I look like Michelle Pfiffer (I know...it's spelled wrong...I don't care), but since I gained my weight a few years ago, I haven't heard that anymore.

djamazon
03-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Paula- you do look like Genie Francis. I hear she refuses to be on the show anymore--you should give 'em a call.

lizziness
03-30-2007, 10:57 AM
I used to get Christina Ricci when I was in highschool - before i got fat and before she got really skinny. :)

Goodbye Chubby
03-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I can see the Christina Ricci resemblence. I've heard that I look like Jennifer Lopez, Norah Jones, and the most recent was Halle Berry. I don't necessarily agree, but at least they're all attractive, so it's flattering all the same.

FrouFrou
03-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Years ago when I applied for a job at a bank the manager told me he thought I looked like Chris Everett. I looked at him like he was crazy. Not that she is ugly...I just thought she had a big nose and looked kind of manly...both of which I did and do not. Guess it could have been someone worse.

jules1216
03-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Back in the 80's when I still thin & before kids I got either Joan Jett or Janet from 3's Company (with the striaght short hair--no perm!)

L8again
03-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Never been told I looked like anyone ... but, I'd like to look like Angelina Jolie back a couple of years ago before she got too skinny.

phantastica
03-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I used to hear Brooke Shields when I was thinner, and more recently (due to a particular pair of glasses) Lisa Loeb and Annabeth Gish.

melekalikimaka
03-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I never get the "you look like" insert-famous-name-here, but I do get the "you remind me of ..." more so pertaining to my demeanor and attitude. My ex-bosses wife told me that I reminded her of Queen Latifah when she did that show Living Single. You know how most of her characters are strong women, pretty self-assured and a little bit cocky? :lol: I like that and I take it as a compliment. :strong:

I know this link has been around here before, but it's so much fun I'd like to share it again. You can upload a picture of yourself and the program will toss out celebrities that you most resemble. Try it. (I hope the link stays up)

http://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/tryFaceRecognition.php

I used this picture of me and the program said I most resemble Sammi Cheng, a Cantonese actress :lol: (she's the prettier one)

LindseyLouWho
03-30-2007, 01:54 PM
In high school, my good friend Wayne told me that I reminded him of Ricky Lake. I looked a little bit disappointed with that remark, so he quickly recovered with "No no, I think Ricky Lake is pretty. It's a good thing!" Nice save, even though I still think he was just trying to cover his butt. :)

Goodbye Chubby, I agree with the Jennifer Lopez resemblance. You really do look like her! Especially because of hair/dress/pose.

LaBonita
03-30-2007, 02:06 PM
I've been told I look like Angelina Jolie....I don't see the resemblance, but if others do, I can't complain! ;)

trekkiegirl
03-30-2007, 03:48 PM
It's been a while but Crystal Bernard (from Wings). I definitely took that as a compliment. :D

Glory87
03-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Andie McDowell.

I had a funny conversation with a friend on this subject. I said that I've heard I look like Andie MacDowell and she said "Who's that?" I said the chick from Sex Lies and Videotape and Green Card. My friend said I look like the chick in the Pantene commercials. I said who's that? My friend said, you know, the actress from Groundhog's Day. I swatted her with my notebook - That's Andie MacDowell!

So, there you go. I think I really look like her in this pic:

http://gloriana.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album02&id=165lbs_size16

alinnell
03-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Andie McDowell.

So, there you go. I think I really look like her in this pic:

http://gloriana.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album02&id=165lbs_size16

Oh, yes. It's the smile!

EZMONEY
03-30-2007, 07:08 PM
When I was younger and had long hair, people (mostly girls ...ahhh ;) ) would say I looked like James taylor...but that was many years ago. Also that I had Paul Newman EYES.

Since my hair is thinning and I like to get the #3 all the way around for MY convience (Angie wishes i wouldn't cut it so short...BUT!...she doesn't complain) I have been told often that I look like GERALD MCRANEY of MAJOR DAD.

EZMONEY
03-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I forgot to say that I think ALL of you definetly resemble the celebrities that you are compared to!

melekalikimaka
03-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Glory, that's a funny conversation...and yes, you definitely look like Andie McDowell.

Gary, I can see the Gerald McRaney resemblance, and take heart, you have more hair than James Taylor does now. :lol: You know, looking at that pic of you and Angie, she reminds me of either Kate Beckinsale or Rita Wilson. Both are pretty ladies.

trekkiegirl
03-30-2007, 08:15 PM
I forgot that I had a pic of me online. :p Anyway...yeah, not so much Crystal Bernard anymore (I think the mop of hair probably had something to do with it, lol). But...here is me getting kissed by David Andrew Macdonald (my friend and I are his webmasters). :)
http://www.davidsden.net/images/davidelliegath2004.jpg

NurseMichelle
03-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't look like any celebs but I had to say I nearly peed my pants seeing you with a pic of David Andrew MacDonald!!!!!!! He is so beautiful~huge Guiding light fan here! Lucky girl~!

GatorgalstuckinGA
03-31-2007, 08:02 PM
I've had several ppl tell me i look like Demi moore...i think its the husky voice...but i sure as heck don't see any resemblance...everytime they say that..my response back is..."if only i had her body" LMAO

junebug41
03-31-2007, 09:52 PM
I get one of the following:
Maria Shriver
Amanda Peet

or any actress that has blue eyes and dark eyebrows.

BlackCherry
04-01-2007, 05:11 AM
I used to get Christina Ricci when I was in highschool - before i got fat and before she got really skinny. :)

Me too, exactly!
Only every once in a while though, I think I mostly just look like me.

Mami
04-01-2007, 07:22 AM
I've been getting Jennifer Aniston regularly since Friends came out over a decade ago. Personally I'd rather look like Angeline Jolie LOL

aphil
04-01-2007, 11:41 AM
I've been getting Jennifer Aniston regularly since Friends came out over a decade ago. Personally I'd rather look like Angeline Jolie LOL

I prefer Jennifer-and you are gorgeous! :)

The celebrity that I often get told I look like is Kate Winslet. We have very similar smiles and teeth, eye shape, facial structure and cheekbones, pale skin, etc. I still get it now and then, but I got the comment ALL the time when Titanic came out-when she also had the red hair. My own father even came home from watching The Titanic, and told me that her face looked just like mine.

(Every now and then I get Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully from X-Files) but I think Mauvaisroux, another moderator here, looks more like Gillian Anderson. :D )

veggielover
04-01-2007, 12:17 PM
The celebrity that I often get told I look like is Kate Winslet.

:love: only the loveliest most talented woman in show biz!!!!

srmb60
04-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Michelle Pfeiffer .... ya sure ... I wish!

ennay
04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I had a technician I worked with insist I looked like Cindy Crawford ----yeah right. Its the eyebrows, I do have the bushy brows. I think he was just flirting

I dont think I really look like any of them. I've also been told Sandra Bullock (brows) and Brooke Shields (brows)

Noticing a theme here?

Where are those damn tweezers......

KateRN
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
ive always gotten elizabeth taylor when she was in her early 20s.

ennay
04-01-2007, 04:49 PM
:rofl: bwahahahahah

I tried the my heritage thing and the first pic gave me no matches and the second pick gave me sally field.

I'm GIDGET!!!

The only thing I see is we both have the prominent cheekbones.

The really funny part of that is that as a teen my MIL looked EXACTLY like Sally, so does that mean at some level dh married his mom?

OK the 3rd picture is just crap...it says I look like Chandrika Kamaratunga whoever the heck she is. I may have a distorted self image, but thank you I am MUCH prettier than her.

Is that really me
04-03-2007, 01:17 PM
When I was 15 some lady told me I looked like Shirley McLane. I very nearly punched her.

Jo

nelie
04-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I've never been told I look like anyone. Oh well :)

Bravelilchicken
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Nelie you must have missed my comment to you in another post. I think you look like Lauren Graham on Gilmore Girls.

harrypotterybarn
04-04-2007, 03:53 PM
The only one I've ever had was Simonetta Cattaneo Vespucci. She's the model (or, at least, thought to be the model) for Boticelli's Birth of Venus and other works.

BlueToBlue
04-04-2007, 05:12 PM
When I was a kid, I had a teacher that was convinced I looked exactly like Meryl Streep. He said it all the time and said that every year I looked more and more like her.

And once, someone told me I looked like Jodi Foster.

Most recently,though, my boss told me he thought I looked like Madeline Albright! I'm sure he meant well, but that is NOT a compliment! And the sad thing is that I can definitely see more of a resemblance to her than to either Meryl Streep or Jodi Foster. You can't really see it in my profile pic, but I've attached a more formal pic below where you unfortunately can see the resemblance.

I don't care, though. I think I'm going to stick with Meryl Streep, although Angela Jolie is definitely one of the celebrities I wish I could look like (even though I am convinced she could not have that body without serious surgery and an eating disorder). Sarah Jessica Parker is another one. Also Gwen Stefani.