Old 03-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/217/150

Unhappy Closing my LAWL Center - what to do? Suggestions?

HELP - MY CENTER IS CLOSING.

Hi Everyone. I have been with LAWL since December 1, 2006. For me things have finally clicked into place as far as losing weight and being healthy. I have been great on the program, following pretty closely and exericising religiously. I have kept a food journal daily for the first time EVER. This in itself is a miracle. Anyway I have lost abut 34 lbs with about 65 more to go. The piece of the whole weight loss program that has been most helpful to me is checking in at the center 2 times a week. It keeps me on my game. I know I have no wiggle room so it keeps my honest throughout the week. I strive to lose at least something every time, even if it is a few ounces. Anyway I went to the center the other day. Hurray I finally broke a weight barrier that has been a long time coming. My success was so overshadowed by the fact that my counsellor told me they are closing all the lawl centers in my area (Orlando, FL). She said they are switching me to their online program. I know this will not work for me nearly as well. Any suggestions? Jenny Craig? Weight Watchers? I have tried almost all of them and I have not applied myself and lost as well as LAWL. Please any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you. -Deede
agoodddeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Deede, so sorry about your center closing. You know, a lot of folks have just used this sight as their motivation, and have not even used a center. I would not throw in the towel with LAWL if I were you. You have come this far, you can certainly keep on moving! Good luck to you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:25 PM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

yikes... What a pickle..

I know there are some around here who have had success using WW.. Not sure about Jenny Craig.. Have they given you the option of a refund if you don't choose to go with the on-line program?

Why are they closing all the Orlando centers?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:15 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

That stinks! Your area must be like mine; all franchise centers owned by the same person. I have never tried Jenny Craig, but personally I like LAWL a lot better than I ever did WW. And, it's not the support system, but the diet. For me, the LAWL diet is a lot easier for me to follow than WW. I got too caught up in counting points and trying to figure out how I could fit in chocolate on a daily basis. :-) Also, I find that I get most of my motivation from this site and NOT from my COD. I do have a good COD, but I basically just go to WI and pick up my Lites.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #5  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I actually could do without going into the center myself. Not that my center is bad but really I get much more support and encouragement here. Cassie actually went thru my journal and reemed me (in a nice way) about the food I was missing whereas my COD never really did. If I have a question there are 40 people ready, willing and able to jump in to answer it. Really the only thing I use the center for is to wi and the scales at my gym seem to be right in line with theirs so.............. Speaking for myself I don't think it would bother me cuz I know I'm supported here. You might do just fine unless you really need the face to face thing. Maybe just give the online thing a shot and participate on this board daily. That might be enough to get you thru. And if it is think of the gas you're saving!
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #6  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I one thing that makes me go to the COD is their scale. It's big numbers on the wall. It tells you exactly if it .4 or .6 I did try to shift my weight around hoping for a lower .something. If I can have that scale at home, then I can skip all the WIs in the world... Though I do love my managers and their staff, there is only one gal that I don't care for. She is skin and bones. What is she "selling"?? She never had to lose any weight!? Oh well. I'll be reporting there next Monday...
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/170/150

Height: 5'5"

Deedee:

I too belong to a center that has recently closed. I do not intend on doing the La to go and have contacted the help number several times with no replay as far as a refund.

I know how you feel. I got my motivation by the weekly weigh ins and have completely lost it since Friday (the last day the center was open). I have decided today that this forum will be my new motivation. I am somewhat sceptical of my own will without the weigh ins, but I can't let LAWL's lack of compassion stop my progress.

Traci
diz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/204/168

Height: 5 ft 8 "

I am sorry to hear about others having their centre closed - the same happened here in the UK - overnight the place was shut up and had gone into liquidation. This seems like a fantastic support group why not give it a go alone - thats what I am doing. Because the La francise went bust over here I was able to claim my money back through my credit card company - can you do that?? You had a contract and they have gone back on their promises??
sar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:22 AM   #9  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

This is starting to concern me. Why are so many centers closing? I think they charge enough to stay open without pushing all their food. There are certainly enough people doing LAWL. My COD always has people in it.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Shannon - Remember that a lot of the CODs are franchises. They aren't the big corporate company with the deep pockets that the corporate center has. If they are mis-managed, such as having people put sales in front of customer service, they will close just like any other business. We all have heard stories about good CODs and bad ones. It's just "thinning the herd", so to speak. If you don't run your business well, you won't have a business to run.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #11  
Amy

I agree with Cassie! Every time I go into my center there are different girls weighing me in, and they are HORRIBLE with the one-on-one. I actually applied to work there as I have a strong retail management background. THey were even rude to me then!

You can do it on your own! We'll be your COD! At my center, they are all little girsl, I am talking 120 and under! They get so condescending when they talk to you! That is one complaint I had with my center!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:21 PM   #12  

Have you thought about joining a local TOPS chapter? You would get a weigh in, a place to go, and support and they are an exchange based program too and very very inexpensive as they are non profit. You could keep doing what you are doing only get weighed in weekly at TOPS instead of LAWL.
alantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/217/150

Default update on closing

Just wanted to update everyone. Thanks for your TERRIFIC Support, if only you all were there at the center when I went in!!!! Just after my center closed (got LA lites for 75% off!) they called to say they were afterall not closing. Not exactly the truth. They have been in transistion for about 6 weeks. Always someone different, different information - not too helpful. Didn't feel like I was in good hands or any hands at all. I was doing soooo well, unbelievably - this has really been difficult. I gained 4 lbs but 2 weeks ago I did a 2 day take off (bought for 75% off!) and have relost the 4 lbs. Am feeling good. Today I went it and there is a big sign "Pure Weight Loss." New Person - different story. I am not even sure how much they are going to honor my prepaid program. Next week is the Grand Opening. I will follow up and let you all know what is up. I think this is going to be the new name for the centers in Central Florida. I think Pure Weight Loss is related to LAWL on the corporate level.
agoodddeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:06 PM   #14  
LAWL Salt Police

Weird development... Wish someone would come in and re-open our stores under a new name... But by then, of course, we'll probably have gone through the refund process and all that jazz..

Keep us posted!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #15  
Danette lawl march 20/07

Height: 5'4"

Wow I just looked up pur weight loss and it's almost the same page as family weight loss centers and la weight loss ...http://pureweightloss.com/ what the heck is going on with all the changes?????????????
fan4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote