WW Clubs and Groups - #180 Bale of Turtles Moving Forward!

Itryharder
03-28-2007, 09:57 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
03-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi Turtles,
It was time for a new thread. I'm heading to WW's WI in a few minutes, but I wanted to chime in and respond before I do that.

Kerri,
So glad you were determined to get back to your signature weight. Smart move not to tinker with those numbers and to get your weight where you wanted it. Now onward and downward for us all!

Princess,
TOM really stinks, but you always recover and do well. I know your :beach:
days are coming up, so have a wonderful time!

Bandit,
So glad you're back on track. I know what you mean about needing to see the scale go into the minus again. You're putting your mind into it and getting exercise, so the minus numbers are in your immediate future!

Ariana,
Hey, good luck on your next date. This is very good news and we're all pulling for you. I like your insight on self-image and the clothes you bought.
First of all, with all your exercising, I'm sure you are building dense muscle tissue which weighs more than fat. I know a couple of people whose weight is astounding--much more than you'd ever guess--because they exercise vigorously. They appear slim and are slim, so I think some of that is going on with you. Also, we're really critical about how we look, but here's a :cp: for the exercise and commitment to staying on track. You are really closing in on your goal weight. :bravo: Sometimes our friends are surprised at how we look "all of a sudden" because they notice the last weight loss we've had that makes a difference. Then they tell us to stop losing weight because they are not used to seeing us like that. It's okay. They'll get over it! LOL.

Okay, enough rambling. I'm heading out to WW's. Wish me luck. :goodscale:
Judy
234.6/215.4/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
03-28-2007, 10:28 AM
OMG... I am so excited... this time next week I will be on a plane to Hawaii!!!! I can hardly sit in my chair at work long enough to get anything done... I know my boss is thinking that I am a nut and not a very productive nut to boot! Oh well... as my DH likes to say, this is a once in a life time for us and we are going to enjoy it... before, during and after the trip... all the way!

Ariana: I am so thrilled for you, the wieght loss, the new clothing, the new guy, everything is just awesome! Best wishes and keep us posted as I am naturally nosey and love to hear all the details!

Judy: Good luck at W/I, I know you will do great! Thanks for keeping us on track with the new threads... you rock!

Bandit: I hear ya! We get some warm days then a few chilly ones, mother nature is tempting us I think! Great job being on track and working out... I have been working out as much as possible this week also, I just plain have to do it every week or I gain... I feel great when I do it also so that is an added bonus.

Kerri: How is the weather down your way? How are you doing staying on plan?

I have to run but will stop back by on my lunch break.
Susan

Itryharder
03-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Dear Turtle Friends,
Today in WW's my leader gave us all two "bravo" stars. One to keep because she is so proud of us for continuing to come to our meetings. One to give away to the person who untangles us from the web of self-doubt and who encourages us to keep on keepin' on even when the going gets tough.
I'm sending all of you, Ariana, Bandit, Kerri, and Princess, a bravo star through cyber-space because you really do help me get and stay on track.
I lead a confusing and complicated life. Let's face it, I'm in my mid-sixties and still haven't been able to lose weight and keep it off even though I've gotten down to 130-140 three times in my life. To do that I had to lose over 60 pounds and once I did it, I let it all creep back on. Sooooo, to my turtle buddies who never let me down: :bravo:Ariana, :bravo: Bandit, :bravo: Kerri
and :bravo: Princess. You guys are the best!

At WW's today I lost a true 2#. :cp: :dancer: :bubbles:
Love,
Judy
234.6/213.4/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
03-28-2007, 01:54 PM
That is just too great!!! 2 lbs is awesome!

Thanks for the star... I agree, I would not make it thru most weeks if I did not come here each day.

Ariana2000
03-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? This week has been stressful and exhausting. I have been working 7-5 T/Th and 7-6 M/W/F to earn some OT, and avoid working on Saturdays. It is hard getting up early and I am cranky and tired during the day, but I am hoping I will adjust. I need my weekends to preserve my sanity. It just means I am looking forward to Friday even more. :D I will be Princess #2, declaring Friday as a day of celebration.

Well, as far as WI is concerned, I maintained for the second week in a row. It's better than gaining, but...it has me re-evluating my strategy. I'm at 151.8 pounds right now, less than 2 pounds away from the next point bracket (20 instead of 22 each day.) I think I'll start Monday with the lower point bracket, and see if that helps. It will mean cutting in certain places, but I'll work on it. I probably should also start counting points on the weekend, which I am usually loathe to do. :O But I will do what I have to get the rest of the way. I want a flat (or flatter) stomach and smaller thighs (and clearer skin.) Other than that, I'm happy with pretty much everywhere else on my body, which is itself a revelation. :D

Princess: Thank you! We are going on date #3 this weekend. :D Your vacation will come soon, although I know it's not soon enough. ;D I am excited too, I'll keep you posted on my life. I am jealous -- can I go to Hawaii too? :D

Bandit: Funny. The nice weather is here in Phoenix. Cool but not cold, nice and mellow. I love it. I am glad you are back on track. I understand your frustration with maintaining. If you are back on track, that might be what you need. Good luck!

Judy: Thank you. I am excited about this potential relationship. I think that a part of WL that we often forget is purely psychological, when it comes to our self-image. I wore my new workout clothes yesterday at the gym, and I felt nearly naked, they were so close fitting, but I looked good, slim from the front (when I bend over my stomach looks much bigger, which made me feel uncomfortable -- but spin shorts are wholly unforgiving, but they are very comfortable and much cooler for the hot months to come.) It's very true that people with more muscle look skinnier than their actual weight -- I have a virtual image projection (www.myvirtualmodel.com, I think), that predicts what I will look like after each 20 pounds. I already look much skinnier than the virtual model does at 150 pounds, but I exercise a lot. I actually found your remarks quite insightful as well. :D I think you're right, people naturally resist change, and a friend losing a lot of weight is change too. They'll cope. :D Thank you for the bravo star! That is so sweet. :D :D :D And congrats on your WL!

Anyway, back to work! Have a good weekend ladies (in case I don't get to talk to you tomorrow.)

Princess1122
03-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh yes, it has finally arrived... and not a moment too soon. I am really trying to enjoy the anticipation of going on this trip and not wish my time away but I am so excited that it is hard to not wish the days away. Sunny here today but it is supposed to rain all weekend and get cooler...

Youngest DS is on spring break as of the end of school today, he is taking my car (I have his since it is less reliable) and going to spend this weekend with his grandmother up north... It sounds bad but I am happy that it will just be DH and I this weekend... I asked him to take me to a movie, I need a mental break and I hear that the movie Wild Hogs is very very funny and I think that 2 hours worth of a good laugh is worth the 10 bucks or whatever they are charging for a movie ticket these days.

Ariana: Yup, you should be able to fit into my suitcase so, yes, you can come with us =) I know how you feel about the clothing, everytime I buy new exercise things I have a mental battle with myself and I always head back to the larger sizes out of habit... then realize that they are too big and go to the other rack. Have a great time this weekend!!!

Judy: What are your plans for the weekend?

Bandit: How about you? Any big plans this weekend?

Kerri: How are those water classes coming along?

Susan

Itryharder
03-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi Turtles,
We're doing great! Good luck to us all.
I am heading to another :hb: party on Sunday. My dh and I will be alone on Saturday and we've got to think of something fun to do. I've got tiny sirloin steaks for dinner and will have a salad and veggies to round out the yummy meal. Right now I've got a small turkey loin in the oven along with veggies and sweet potatoes to roast. I can't wait for dinner!
Best wishes to you all!
Princess: enjoy the fun with your dh
Ariana: Have a great date
Kerri: enjoy the weekend
Bandit: what do you have planned? Do you still WI on Saturdays?

:cheer: to us all!
Judy

kerriscards
03-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Judy , I am so glad to see how close to onederland you are..I can remember like it was yesterday, How I felt and it was awesome.......

Susan, We are still quite warm here....Water exercise is still great a couple of times a week.....and fun...

I am getting nervous about next week-end....I do not want to over eat and at my DDinlaws we eat and eat.....working hard to stay on target...

Hugs to you all.......:D

Princess1122
04-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Morning all!

W/I went well on Saturday, down 3.2 lbs... I will take it! DH and MIL and I went to see Wild Hogs over the weekend... it was a great movie and just what I needed... I laughed so hard at some points that I thought I have going to have to run to the bathroom. Great movie, highly recommend it, there were a few areas in the middle that it slowed down a bit and it was predictable but for those of us over 40 it was all too familiar and very funny. If you go see that movie make sure that you don't leave before the credits roll as there is a part that continues as the credits are rolling and well worth staying for.
I had a diet coke and a soft pretzel rather then popcorn, etc. The pretzel came in a wrapper with the nutritional information on it and I just about fell over when I read it... that pretzel was 9 points! But I think it was the best choice available and we went to a late afternoon showing (4:50) so I basically just used that as my supper and had a snack later on when I got home.

How was everyone's weekend?

DH and I are bouncing off the walls with anticipation for our trip... we are eagerly waiting for Wednesday to get here.

Susan

Princess1122
04-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone and I will talk to you all next week when I get back and have a chance to get on line again.

Have a great week and stay on track!
Susan

Itryharder
04-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi Princess,
I kept getting bounced off 3fatchicks this morning. I hope this catches you in time before you travel. :beach: Have a wonderful time! You actually earned this trip and deserve it. Let us know all about it.
Love,
Judy
Kerri, thanks for the encouragement. I've had a couple of food problems and I'm working through them. I have to keep my eye on the prize.
Good luck and :goodvibes: to us all!
Judy

Ariana2000
04-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Hello, ladies. What a crazy, crazy week. I have basically run myself straight into the ground with this OT, and my latest efforts to work the time early in the morning were the straw that broke the camel's back. I left work after 45 minutes on Monday, and went home and back to bed. I tried to go back to my normal SOP Tuesday, but I found myself getting very aggravated with things that normally wouldn't bother me, and it just kept getting worse -- it culminated in raised voices (not shouting, but louder than normal) over something that didn't warrant raised voices. I decided that I was exhausted, and Monday had not been enough, but I couldn't afford to keep missing work. So I have been going home each night and "messing around" as little as possible before going to bed. I haven't worked out since last Thursday (I usually do M-Th). I am feeling a little better everyday, not good, but better. I plan to take the rest of the week off, and go back to working out next week. I also have a new strategy for OT that cuts off my Friday nights, but doesn't make me stay up any later or get up any earlier. This is my last attempt at an OT strategy that I can live with. If that doesn't work, I'm just going to throw in the towel, and I'll pay off my credit cards some other way. I don't want to do that -- it would slow down my CC payments A LOT, but one thing at a time. The first thing I need to do is get back into shape physically, in terms of being well rested.

To my great surprise, I lost 1.8 pounds this week, after basically maintaining all throughout March. I wonder if my body was not processing as efficiently because I was so exhausted, and now that I'm feeling better, it's back into gear. I really don't know. I may gain it all back next week because I haven't worked out all week, but honestly, I have to get well -- and I am so tired that I was suffering visual distortions (my monitor, text, would blur in front of my eyes) and I was getting dizzy, in addition to the emotional symptoms. This is the same, if not worse, than contracting an actual disease, at least the cure is easy.

On a personal note, I am going on date #4 this weekend (hopefully) with my hopefully-soon-to-be-SO. :D

Nothing else is really new. Recovering from exhausting myself. Hopefully I'll be well again by the end of the week. And dating is going well. But that's it. :o :D

Princess: Thank you! I am excited about the dating possibilities too. I don't think it's bad to want to have time along with your DH. You love your DS very much, but everyone needs their space. I love my family and spending time with them, but when I go home for extended vacations (longer than 3 or 4 days), I bring my sewing machine and hide out in my room periodically, just to recharge. Re fitting in your suitcase -- SWEET! I am going to Hawaii! :D Congrats on your WL! I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. My new thing for the movies is a See's sucker (about 1 point, or 1.5 point each, and if you don't bite it, it lasts a long time), and a kid popcorn special (my theater has a small serving of popcorn, a small drink.) It's amazing how the little stuff (like a pretzel) can be so bad for you...I think that's one of the most important things we can learn from WW, that food appearances can be deceiving, and it's important to look at fat, fiber and calories, so that we can make educated decisions -- not to say that we can't eat our favorite "bad" foods, but we have to understand the trade-off's -- eat a pretzel now, just have a snack later instead of dinner... Anyway, I hope you had a great trip! Tell us all about it when you get back! :D

Bandit: Our nice weather has come and gone. It's already getting uncomfortably hot. Has it gotten any nicer out there, for you?

Judy: How was your sirloin dinner? Sorry you keep getting bounced off the website. Although your last comments were addressed to Kerri, I'm going to chime in -- we all have problems with food, we can all beat them, and keep your eyes on the prize -- remember, it's not that you "want to" lose the weight, or even that you "can", but that you WILL do it!

Kerri: How did your weekend go?

Anyway, back to work, ladies, write when you get a chance. Sorry I was gone for so long -- but you already know how unwell I was feeling, it was all I could do to keep up.

Itryharder
04-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi Turtles,
We're pretty quiet here, but with Princess :beach: in Hawaii with dh and Ariana overdoing OT and needing healing time, and with me spending an awful lot of time helping dd with her house, it's understandable.

Ariana, have a great time with your date. I hope it all goes well and this turns into a SO. What fun! Feel better, be glad for the :goodscale: and take the $ situation in stride. Instead of working OT (which seems to be really getting to you) can you cut expenses a little? I know all of this is hard, but you're doing great and your body told you to take a time out and readjust. You'll be fine.

Bandit, how goes everything?

Kerri, how are you doing?

I'm having eating troubles again, but it's all emotional. Too many pulls on my time and energy and a lackluster feeling about myself right now. I have to fight this and get on track.

:goodvibes: to you all. Have a good weekend and Happy Easter and chime in when you can.
Judy :cool:

Ariana2000
04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Afternoon ladies. Yes, we are extraordinarily quiet lately, but a lot has been going on, as Judy mentioned, I was recuperating, Princess is in Hawaii and Judy is helping out her daughter.

I had a great date with my hopefully-SO (who I'll refer to my hopefully-SO as M). I made dinner for M (Veggie enchiladas, 4.5 points a serving, light ceasar salad (about 2 points a serving), sliced apples and some wine; I made fat free brownies (no pudge brand) for dessert, with fat free cool whip and
blackberries. It was delicious, if I do say so myself. :) Also, M is trying to lose weight too, and so I'm encouraged ot eat healthier even in dating situations, which is wonderful.

We had rented Sarah Silverman's stand up movie "Jesus is Magic", but neither of us found it funny, and we ended up turning it off and talking, cuddling and kissing on the couch. It was very sweet, and wonderful.

On Sunday, my friend cancelled our breakfast date, so I hung out around the house, made lasagna (veggie lasagna, 5 points), wrote, caught up with my Mom and sister and quilted. I also worked for about two hours in the afternoon, but I worked from home, so it was easy to walk away when I got tired and frustrated. All in all, a very relaxing Sunday, and a wonderful weekend. How was your weekend?

Judy: I had a great time with my date. I have two or three other opportunities in the wings, but things are going so well with M that I've decided the other opportunities have two weeks to turn into something, and after that, I am asking M to officially be exclusive. I am happy about the WL, but I think it entirely likely that it will all be back this week after a week of rest. But maybe not, maybe that's what my body needed, and maybe it will stay off. We'll see. It's back to working out this week, I'm starting to get twitchy when I try to go to sleep, a sure sign of excess energy in me. I am trying to cut expenses too, but unfortunately, lately, there have been some big but unavoidable expenses, mostly in the clothing department. I've been wearing a lot of stuff for years, like my workout clothes, and I've lost so much weight that it doesn't really fit anymore. Also, the OT brings in more a month than I could save. Still, it's not worth making myself sick either. So I have one last OT schedule which hopefully will not wear me out, and if that doesn't work, then I will give up on it entirely. I am sorry you are having eating troubles. What triggers your eating? Is it stress? If so, make sure you're working out. Take some time for yourself to relax, and do the things that make you feel calm and centered. That should help. Or is it something else? We are here for you, and we have confidence in you!

bandit2
04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi ladies - well it is snowing here. Mustn't know its spring. We had light snow most of the weekend. Time for some warmer weather.

Next month I go to Vegas & hopefully will be hot there.

I have not been doing great food-wise. Was up 1.6# over last 2 weeks at w/i so have to behave.

Hope everyone is doing well & talk soon. Bye for now.

Itryharder
04-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Ariana,
Thanks for the tips. What is making me eat is so stupid I could scream! Maybe I should have screamed instead. Okay, in a nutshell--I was going crazy trying to "diet" too hard because of my poor blood workup results. I've got to raise my HDL and lower my triglycerides. Well, I was really trying hard, was getting cranky, and emotionally wacko. So, my dh suggested a small treat to break the anxiety. Trust me, it was a good idea up to a point. The problem is that I am a "rules" person and I felt I broke the rules and couldn't get back on track. Well, that was a good week ago and I've gained 7 pounds in the interim. I know those pounds will go, but not all of them will go fast and here I am again up and down with the same stupid pounds. :tantrum: :tantrum: My time right now is being used in ways that I don't choose and I'm finding myself in a ridiculous situation. It's time for me to put myself first, help out all I can without straining myself and causing me to overeat. That's my aim!!! I can do this. I threw ice cream out this morning, all the Easter goodies are gone==given away or tossed==and I have a meal plan for the rest of the day. I'm back on track, but I want to do better than this. I want to head off the going off track before I start. That's what I'm aiming to do and I'd appreciate everyone's support. :goodvibes:

Ariana,
as far as M goes, it's sounding really good. Good luck with :love: You're doing great.

Bandit, I am so glad you report you weight losses and gains because it helps me to see that our journeys are similar and that when we focus and exercise, we lose weight. When just the slightest overeating occurs, we don't lose weight and we often gain. I'm sending you :grouphug: because I know how much you want to lose weight and you know how much I want to!!! We have done this and we can do this!! :cp: for all our outstanding efforts. We will conquer this in small pieces.

Kerri, how's FL going? How is your food been now that doggies are gone?
Hope all is well. Hop in when you can.

Okay guys, hope I didn't tell you more than you want to hear. Be well and happy and keep on keepin' on. :cheer:
Judy

Ariana2000
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? Not much is new with me. I started back working out last night, and I worked an hour of OT. I'm a bit tired, but not much, and sore, but in a good way. :) Other than that, life is fairly usual. The stress level is not as bad as usual, it's leveled out at a "hard pressed" rather than a "frantic", which is an improvement.

Bandit -- sorry about the cold weather. It is a bit cooler here than it has been lately, 75 degrees now, with a high of 81 degrees. Vegas is fun, and I think it is usually as hot as AZ, so you should get your wish. Sorry about your weight gain. That is hard. Do you know what happened? Do you know what made you not "behave"? I have faith that you will get back on track. Write back soon, and let us know how you are doing.

Judy: I hope the tips help. Screaming is not necessarily a bad idea. Swearing makes me feel better too. :o :) I think with a major diet change, it's better to take it slow, unless your doctor said that you're in an emergency state, and you must change your diet completely immediately. Assuming that your health will allow it, I would suggest transitioning gradually over to your new plan. If you would prefer to leap into it with abandon, then that's okay too, but be more forgiving of yourself. When you slip, think about why it occurred, and make a plan for avoiding it in the future. I am a rules person too, so I try not to break the rules -- it's a slippery slope, and it might be better for you to not break or bend them. But if you can, ease into this gradually. I feel like I am being very redundant here, but I want to emphasize this. Also, do not beat yourself up over any perceived slips. That accomplishes absolutely nothing, and can actually increase your propensity to break the rules again (in my experience.) Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and go for it again. Which is sounds like you are doing, which is wonderful! :D Yes, put yourself first, get this back into an acceptable range, work with your plan, knock 'em dead! We are rooting for you! (And don't worry about telling us more than we want to hear -- we are here for you, right guys?) Re M: things are really good; I am happy, it's been a long time since I've felt this way about anyone, maybe never.

Well, ladies, it's back to work for me. Write when you get a chance!

kerriscards
04-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi to you all...I sure hope you had a wonderful Holiday if you celebrate it... :easter3:

I was with out a PC for several days:mad: :mad: I am so behind on work...No phones as they work together..Verizon finally got it all back again...

Judy..You can do it..I know its so hard but just keep trying and you will get the HDL up and lower the triglycerides. I know how you feel with weight gain..It took me weeks to get that weight off from my trip...Don't try quite so hard..I know easier said then done... maybe this will help a little...:dust:

I need to get..but I will be back tomorrow...Have a great evening...

Itryharder
04-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Ariana and Kerri,
THanks for the boost. I'll put your suggestions to work and the fairy dust will certainly help. I've already lost 2# and the idea is to keep on doing what I did yesterday. You're right. I can do this!!!!
:bravo: for the turtles and the www.3fatchicks.com :cp:
Love you all,
I'm off to cut up some cucumbers and defrost something yummy for dinner.
Judy

Ariana2000
04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I'm fine here...having some frustrations at work, but it's not terrible. I had my WI last night, and I maintained, which is AWESOME considerin that I did not work out at all last week, while I was recuperating. I was fully expecting to regain all I had lost last week, due to my inactivity. I have been working out again this week; I've already been M-W, and I'm going tomorrow night. Tonight I'm working OT.

Hey, I forgot to tell you guys -- my second credit card is down to $200. I should be able to pay it off with the next paycheck, then on to my third card. I've gone from $8,000 of credit card debt to $1900. It's been hard work, but I'll be credit card debt-free in just a few months. <big grin>

Kerri: Happy Easter. I don't celebrate it, but I had a great Sunday anyway. :) Sorry about your computer trouble. Being in PC withdrawal is tough! Take care. :)

Judy: You're welcome. Congrats on the WL, that is great!

Anyway, nothing else to report. Chime in when you get a chance and take care!

kerriscards
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Ariana, That is so wonderful... :goodvibes :flow2: Proud of you girl that was a hard road to go...
It was terrible to be without my PC...

Bandit, I love Vegas, I do get into trouble there sometimes... :dancer: :sssh:

Judy..Good for you with 2#s..I hope to get there in the AM for my weigh-in..:goodscale

Sure hope you all are having a wonderful week..Strawberries are so in here ,and I made the best dessert and have been enjoying it too much..It is legal ..

Princess1122
04-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Greetings!

Well I tried to get caught up on the posts but it is just too overwhelming right now... I have serious jetlag and stayed home yesterday... today I am just trying to get thru the piles of stuff on my desk... I know I am up on the scale but I can honestly say that I tried pretty hard to eat right.

I will catch up with everyone later on, I just wanted to say hello and to tell everyone that we had a wonderful, awesome time!

Susan

Itryharder
04-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Ariana,
My goodness! You are awesome with cutting your cc way down. Way to go! :bravo: Also fantastic about your :goodscale: Am glad you are back to :tread: and working out because it has such wonderful outcomes.

Kerri,
Strawberries are among my favorite fruits. Enjoy, enjoy. In season they are so much better. Good luck on this week's WI.

Bandit,
How's everything going?
Hey, I think Princess is back now. Hope she had a great time.

All goes well here. I'm knocking off some of the superficial weight. I plan on getting on the :tread: today and keeping on eating well.
Take care.
Judy
Have a great weekend.

kerriscards
04-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Susan ,welcome back...So glad you had fun...I know how you feel, I was a mess when I got back from my trip...Ya know what they all told me , don't worry about catching up,,But I felt like I had to know what everyone was doing while I was away....:comp:

Judy, My weigh in was OK down .02....well its down at least.....:goodscale

Bandit, I sure hope your weather is better...It sure is hot here..well into the 80s the pool here was sure a busy place today.... :swim:

Itryharder
04-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Princess,
Our posts crossed in cyberspace! So glad you're back and that you had a wonderful time in Hawaii. :beach: Glad you touched base.

Bandit, I hope you're starting to warm up. My ds and his family are out in AZ for a vacation and unfortunately they'll be returning on Monday with all the bad weather predictions again. Hey, are we getting spring this year or not? :bubbles:

Kerri,
Glad to hear from you again. Aren't you lucky to have the pool and easy access? Yeah, it's hard to go on vacation, do the best you can, and still have extra body baggage to get rid of. We've all been there and done that and we'll help Princess all we can. In the meantime, glad the scale went down instead of up. We can do this!! :goodscale:

Ariana,
Here it is the weekend again. Have a great time. :cp:

Judy

Princess1122
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Morning all!

Well I am still suffering from the dreaded jetlag but it is starting to get a bit better... my sleep pattern is all messed up and since it was not that great to begin with this has really taken its toll. I will get back on track though and have been on track with my WW but the exercise has slipped a bit... went to my Pilates class on Saturday and that was rough but in the end it felt great. Went to W/I and was up 4.4 lbs but all in all I was ok with that since the vacation played a huge part of it and it could have been way worse.

It is cold here, I really miss that warm weather when you don't even have to think about what to wear... you throw on some capri's or shorts and you are good to go... here you have to get all bundled up... yuck! The weather guy says that warmer weather is on the way soon... I will be ready for it when it gets here.

DH rejoined WW with me on Saturday and that was just wonderful for me... I really missed having him as my W/L partner. He had gained some back but he will be back down again in no time... he loses it so much easier then I.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I will stop back later on.
Susan

bandit2
04-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone:

Still pretty cool up here & today it is raining. I swear, I spent most of the weekend inside curled up watching TV. A friend of mine came over FRi & we drank too much. I think lately that is the problem with my lack of w/loss.

Princess - hope you enjoyed your trip even with a gain. Any pictures I see from there are amazing.

Judy - hope you are hanging in there. You are right, we seem to be on the same page lots of times.

Ariana - hope you are doing well.

And everyone else, lets get our butts in gear & lose a few this week.

Princess1122
04-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Morning all,

Sunny here today and supposed to reach 70 degrees! It's only 39 now so we have a way to go but what the heck... lol...

Slowly getting back into the swing of things... got on the scale this morning and it is moving downward fast... almost too fast... I wonder if it is broken... lol! I have high hopes for this weeks W/I... TOM is over and I am back on track with food and pilates... now I just need to work on the cardio... I will be getting on that tonight after work.

How is everyone else doing? Has Chris checked in lately?

Have a happy day!
Susan

Itryharder
04-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit,
I like your message to kick in gear and lose a few. After my weeklong binge and gaining 7#, I skipped WW WI last week. Just couldn't face it. In the meantime, I've been working pretty well and have lost 4 of those pounds. Truth be told, tomorrow is my WI and I'll still be up 3 which will hurt, but I am going to WI. I've got to stop doing stupid things. First stupid thing was trying to "diet" instead of eating correct foods. That led me to a 7-day binge that was also stupid because I should have stopped and corrected it and I chose to keep going. So now I'm trying to be patient and still knock off this extra weight. I swear I am going to get to onederland this year. I have to!!!!

Princess,
Glad to see the vacation weight is coming off and you're doing well. This is great news. My dh and 2 dds went to Hawaii about 8 years ago and thought it was fabulous. Because of living on the east coast and the length of the travel, I don't think I'll return, but Hawaii holds many fond memories for me. Glad you and dh had a chance to get there.

Chris hasn't chimed in lately. I miss her and wish her well.

All goes well and hectic here. Ds and his family flew into our local airport from AZ vacation and decided to stop here overnight before taking their 5+ hour trip home. I hope to have a nice visit with them before they drive upstate. Wish me well that I don't overeat about silly things.
Judy

princess peony
04-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I was wondering if I could join you ladies? I started WW last week and I have lost 3 lbs so far!:cheer: I would like to chat with others doing WW. I was dx with PCOS cause DH and I are TTC and I need to loose some weight so I can conceive and have a healthy preg. when I get a preg.

Thanks!

Princess1122
04-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi there Peony... you are very welcome to join us... this is a great group of ladies and you will find the support that you are looking for.

Best of luck with your goal of WL to achieve preg.

Susan

Ariana2000
04-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Ladies -- good afternoon! Things are going well with my (hopefully) soon to be SO, we went to a roller derby game this weekend -- our fifth date. I proposed exclusivity, so we'll see how that goes (I sent it via email, said it would be easier for both of us if M is not on the same page, or if M wants time to think about it, but I would be happy to discuss it via phone or in person too.) I went on a little road trip to several wine tastings, but if I didn't love the wine, I tossed the "sample" we were given, so that I didn't get drunk or consume too many calories. I brought fruit and an all-bran bar so that I wouldn't be ravenous and eat junk. I bought two cookies for desert, but, get this -- I gave the second one away. :D I brought an espresso brownie from starbucks and an apple each for M & I, a treat but better than the lousy nachos, pizza and alcohol that they serve at Rollerderby, and it was Saturday, my SHD, so I was pretty proud of my reserve. Sunday was bad, very stressful, and I was exhausted, but I'm feeling better now. My little sister came into town randomly yesterday (she went to see Biosphere 2, near Tucson), and we had coffee. That was great, and I was proud of myself -- I bought a caramel frapuccino light, no whip (2 points) and a honey bran muffin. I should have done without the pastry, but it was the healthiest thing there at least, and I have a lot of trouble eating healthy when I eat out. I miss my workout last night because I was so tired, and I'm having dinner with my social group Wednesday, but at least I'll go Tuesday and Friday, and Saturday if I can. I might try to go Thursday night, but I really should work OT. Next week I'm going home Thursday afternoon to visit my family, and I won't be back until Monday morning. Well, that's my news...as far as your individual posts...

Peony -- of course, you are welcome. We are all likely to call you Peony,
because we already have a "Princess" -- but do join us! Congrats on your WL. WW is a good, solid program, one of the absolute best plans out there because it teaches you to make healthy choices, and it is maintainable long term. (I don't think I get all of your acronyms -- dx is diagnosed, TTC is trying to conceive, what is PCOS?) Losing weight, for anyone above a healthy weight, is always a good idea, regardless of the reasons, and can lengthen your life, improve your life and improve the quality of your life. Welcome!

Kerri -- thank you. Ditching that CC debt was hard, but it's worth it. I love strawberries...is your recipe WW safe? If so, do you mind sharing it? Congrats on the WL.

Princess: It's great to hear from you. I'm glad that you had an awesome time. Don't beat yourself about being up on the scale, especially if you did your best to eat right. You will be able to lose it again. I'm glad that DH is joining you again, having a partner in RL is important too. It sounds like you are getting back on track at lightning speed! We haven't heard from Chris lately, no.

Judy -- I wish it were still the weekend, I could use the sleep! I am very impressed with how fast you lost that weight. I wish I could do it that fast! I think it's good that you're going to WW WI this week, because it shows that you are being honest with yourself, and you are willing to face reality, which is vital to making changes. It sounds like you have evaluated the situation and come up with a game plan -- knock em dead! (PS -- don't say "I have to", say "I will" -- "I will get to onederland this year. Think of it as an unquestionable, undeniable thing.) Good luck with your visiting relatives.

Bandit -- I'm sorry about your foul weather. Here in AZ we love the rain, but that's because it's rare. I understand how it could be oppressive in other circumstances. I find it easy to overdo when I've been drinking, on alcohol and food. Maybe alcohol is something you need to moderate as you might with food, deciding how much you will have beforehand, and putting the bottle away, making it hard to reach if possible. That sounds silly, but it might be worth a try. I find that my problem is often that I'm with other people who encourage me to drink -- is your friend one of those people? RE "doing well" -- yes, I'm okay. Dealing with some stress, but it will work out in the end.

Well, back to work. Take care, ladies, and write when you get a chance!

princess peony
04-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Ariana~ PCOS is Polycystic ovarian syndrome. It sounds like you have a fun filled week ahead. I hope you have tons of fun!

As for me DH and I are going out with our friends for dinner and having a cookout Sat. with them and then we are going fishing Sunday. I just hope I stay on plan this week. It will be a tough week.

Princess1122
04-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Morning everyone!

I really think my scale is broke... I got on it this morning and it is up again... I know lots of folks don't think that weighing yourself daily is a good idea but I need to inorder to adjust if I am going in the wrong direction and if I am doing something wrong and don't catch in then it is a whole week before I realize my mistake... But back to the broke scale... DH and I weighed our luggage the night before our trip and I think we may have put too much weight on it because it make a very loud cracking sound so we may have pushed it to it limits and beyond... lol... but the strange readings now tell me we may be shopping for a new one soon :D

Ariana: Let us know what the response is... I am very excited for you and hope that it is a very positive answer... Sounds like you are a very busy lady again... don't forget to take care of you in all the stress and strain of life!

Judy: You are doing great! Don't beat yourself up about the gain, you are on the down side of that now and looking good! Onederland here you come!

Peony: Tell us a bit about yourself... what area of the country do you live in, what do you like to do, what is your overall W/L goal... stuff like that.

Bandit: I hear you on the weather... I am way past ready for summer!

Kerri: Yes, share the strawberry recipe if you have a minute... love to try new stuff.

I have to run for now!
Susan

Ariana2000
04-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Ladies: Good afternoon, how is everyone? I'm having a pretty good afternoon. I forgot to tell you guys yesterday, I had my annual review, and I got a 10% raise! How awesome is that? :) :) :) More money to pay off my credit card -- I should be able to pay it ALL off by the end of June, or at least the end of July -- and more money to put aside for a house, my retirement, and a small fund for a trip. It's wonderful news. :) Other than that, not much else is new. I'm still waiting on an answer from M regarding my "proposal" of exclusivity. Work is hectic -- I've started getting to work a little earlier and working through part of lunch to make some more overtime money and get things done -- I made a miscalculation in my budget recently and "overpaid" my credit card, so I have to fill the gap. Tonight I'm going to a local restaurant, I've already picked out something to eat (a big salad with chicken, etc.), so that I can resist the urge to get a burger and fries. The restaurant is raising money for our local Sexual Assault Foundation, and my social group is holding a dinner there to contribute. No WI tonight, because I'm going to dinner. I may blow off OT tomorrow, simply because I missed my WO on Monday and I'm going to miss it tonight, and I'd like to go at least 3x a week. Nothing else is new...

Princess: Scales don't last forever, and they can definitely break if you weigh too much on them (i.e. luggage). Have you tried getting weighed at WW, to see if you're up relative to their scale? I do not advocate weighin yourself daily, especially on the Wendie plan, but whatever works for you, works for you. I will let you know what M says, it is hard to wait for an answer, but I am trying not to think about it until I know. I think the answer is yes, but there is only one way to know for certain -- ask, and I've done that, and now I just have to wait. I am very busy again. I am trying to take care of myself, but I think I'm actually getting sick -- ah well. What can I do. Twice a year, about, I get sick, and I guess it's time. I did have this fantasy about kissing M on top of the ferris wheel at the fair, though... (we are supposed to go Sunday) ;) But not if I'm sick. Or if M says no to my relationship proposal. So hopefully I'm better by Sunday, and she says yes. (All appendages crossed.)

Peony: I did not know that abbreviation, thank you. I hope you have fun too. :) My recommendation for eating outside of the house is to plan ahead -- if you know what restaurant you're going to, look online ahead of time (preferably when you're not hungry) and choose something healthy -- that might help you avoid making poor decisions at the restaurant because it all looks good and you're hungry. I recommend always getting a 0 pt (veggie only) salad before your meal, unless your meal is a salad, because it gives you something to munch on while you're waiting for your food, and it will help you feel more full, and it's free in terms of points. If you don't know what restaurant you're going to ahead of time, and even if you do, I recommend "pre-eating" -- having a small snack, such as an apple or an All-Bran bar, shortly before you go to dinner. Having something in your stomach will make it easier not to consume too many points. I would also recommend being prepared for the fishing trip -- bring healthy food and maybe a small, WW-safe treat because your friends may very well be eating junk right in front of you, and that can make it easier to resist. Whew! I am full of eating out tips, because it's something that I struggle with, but I am getting better all the time, and I've spent a lot of time thinking about how I can make that part of the plan easier.

Well, ladies, back to work. Have a great day!

Princess1122
04-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Ariana: Quick reply before I head out for the day... I forgot about the flex that the Wendie plan would cause but yesterday was not a SHD but I did start cardio again yesterday for the first time since my trip. I do W/I at WW every Saturday morning and before I go I W/I at home to see what the scale says vs what the WW scale says... they are pretty close... normally the may be up to 1.5 lbs difference. Good luck with the answer from M... I have every part of my body crossed for you :D I remember what that was like... I have butterfly's in my tummy just thinking about it. Congrats on the raise... boy I really wish that would happen for me... it has been a long time since I have had a review or a raise but with our company struggling it is hard to ask right now.
Have a great evening!

Susan

Itryharder
04-18-2007, 08:35 PM
:Welcome3: Peony,
Let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Judy. I am in my mid-sixties, have three kids, three grandkids, and a great husband. I'm a former school teacher who taught home ec. and then in the elementary school.
I've been struggling with my weight for a long, long time. I've lost over 60# three times in my life, only to slowly gain it back. Not fun. Right now I weigh about 215#, go to WW's for a WI and weekly meeting, and am going to make it to onederland this year. Let us know a little about yourself.

Girls, we've got the boards hopping all of a sudden. Good news all around.
M, come on through for Ariana. We'd love to have that happen. :love:
Everybody else, I'm going to let this thread run a little longer since it's really hopping right now.
Take care and I'll switch to thread #181 soon.
Judy

princess peony
04-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Good Morning Ladies!:wave:

I have tons of energy this morning!:hyper: Let me tell you a little about myself. I am 27 and Dh and I have been married for 4 years going on 5!:yay: I have always struggled with weight especially the past 3 years. I gained like 80 lbs in a year and thats when I was dx with the PCOS. So the doc's think that the weight is causing Dh and I a problem with conceiving and I am sure it is. So thats one reason I am doing WW and the other is I want to be healthy!Dh of course is very fit he jogs but he can eat about anything and not gain. I lost over 30 lbs once with WW when I was 21 so I know it works. I have a wonderfull furbaby, he's an Aussie and his name is Cubbie. We live in Indiana and I do billing at a pediatric office.

Ariana~ Nice raise! Thanks for the tips too!

Princess~ Good luck on scale shopping for a scale.:goodscale

Judy~ thanks for the warm welcome!

Chat with you girls later.:df:

Princess1122
04-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Oh my but it is a rainy morning here... chilly and rainy... come on Summer!

Sleepy today... very sleepy! As always ready for the weekend :D

Peony: I love in Indiana also! Small world! About me... I moved here from the east coast in 1995, so I am a transplanted Hoosier =) Love Indiana though. I have two sons, one is 22 and the other is 18, I am married to my wonderful DH for 3 years now, I have 3 four legged furry children that are older now and showing their age but they are all mutts and hold a very special place in my heart. My highest weight was 265, I have been on a million diets in my life and lost bit on the WBMO but I have been on WW for about a year now and will be on it for life... It fits me and my life style, I got to meetings and W/I on Saturday mornings and follow the points plan. I just got back from vacation so I am working on getting of the 4 pounds that I gained but other then that my ticker shows my correct stats.

All: have a great day and I will check back in later on!
Susan

Ariana2000
04-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I'm exhausted and I think I'm getting sick, but I'm not really in a bad mood even so. :) I am going to forgo working out and working OT tonight, just go home, eat dinner and go to sleep, see if I can get this thing out of my system by Sunday. I really want to go to the fair with M! Everything else is going pretty well. I can't wait to go home next week, I miss my family so much! :o Mom is going to tape some Wheel of Fortunes, so that we can watch them together (I love word puzzles), and we are going to play Rummykub, and hang out and relax, and celebrate my sister's birthday -- it'll be awesome. :D)

Princess: I think that the flux from the Wendie plan's SHD would be the day after your SHD or your day after that, not the day itself. I think. Hmm. So if the WW scale is usually close to your home scale, and they're 1.5 off, that means your home scale probably *is* broken, right? I'm a bit confused. Thank you for the good luck wishes with M. I am still waiting, but M is a student, who just lost their primary PC, so internet access is limited. M usually checks it by Friday or Saturday. Or M saw it and is considering. Or...but I'm not going to think about the alternatives. It is making me nervous, I keep checking my personal email, but I'm tough, I'll survive. Thanks for the congrats on the raise. I'm quite excited. :) My company is doing very well, so I don't have to ask. I'm sorry your company is in a tight spot.

Judy -- thanks for the good wishes. I am nervous, waiting for M's answer. Hopefully, I'll get one very soon. And a good one. Judy -- you ARE going to get into onederland this year. That's the attitude!

Peony -- lots of energy? What does that feel like again? :O ;) I'm 27 too, I'll be 28 in October. :) Those all sound like good reasons for losing weight. It is hard living with someone who can eat anything, but we can't all be like that. I hope he is very supportive. I love dogs. My family back in Phoenix has a German Shepherd, Lobo. I'm waiting until I get a house to get an animal, because I'm just gone too much. It would be different if I had someone else living with me who was home more often. Thanks for the congrats on the raise, it was definitely good news. :) I hope the tips help.

Peony, let me tell you a bit about myself: As I said, I'm 27. I live in Arizona, and I'm a software engineer; I work *a lot*, so I sometimes disappear off the boards for a couple of days at a time. I am trying again to drop by every day, it's good for me, and I can offer support to everyone. Some of the others refer to me as Super Busy Turtle. :) I'm single, never been married, but I just proposed exclusivity to my would-be significant other, M. We have a lot in common, we are a great match psychologically, and M is very attractive (IMHO), so I'm hoping for a positive response there. As far as weight is concerned, I gained some weight in a high school, and then gained most of it in college (about 60 pounds in four years.) I've lost and kept off 56 now, and I'm working on the other 20. It's taken me a long time -- about 3 years -- but I was only really maintaining for a year, when I had a horrible high stress job, and that was all I could manage. I'm definitely a fan of slow but steady -- I shoot for about 2 pounds a month, 25 a year (the goal in my signature line is a "stretch" goal, so I'm a little less than a year away from my goal. But I'm confident I'll get there, and I'm very proud of my successes thus far -- I've gone from not working out regularly at all to working out 4x a week, and from a size 22 to a size 12. Losing weight is hard work, but so very worth it; it's one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Other than that...let's see, I love mysteries, and books in general (audio books), and I quilt. Oh, and I write long posts. :P Again, welcome!

PS -- don't forget, Judy is going to move us to thread #181 soon. She'll post a note, but in case you don't see it, that's why we've all "disappeared" -- we've moved to post #181 for readability.

Well, ladies, back to work. Take care, everyone!

Princess1122
04-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Morning all! Sunny and warming up today!!! Oh the joy!

Yard work this weekend... if we don't mow our lawn soon the neighbors are going to start sending us hate mail =) The house needs a real cleaning but I am not sure I will get to everything in just two days off... as always I will try. DS has a rugby game tonight... Love to see him play but it is all I can do to not run out on that field when I see him get hurt... makes me want to smack that other player that hurt my baby and make him cry like a little girl :devil: Rugby is a very rough sport and it took some time for this momma to get used to seeing her DS out there... I still love to see him play though.

Ariana: I have to ask... what does IMHO mean? The scale thing... ok, the scale at home is a WW scale that I bought at WalMart but when I weigh myself at home and then go to WW for the offical W/I it can flux as much as 1.5 lbs difference... basically the home scale a typical home scale and it just depends what kind of mood it is in rather it is acuate or not... lol. I always take WW word for it and the home scale may be fine... I am just concerned about that loud cracking noise when we were weighing luggage :D

Peony: After re-reading my post from yesterday I need to make a correction... love = live... I am a real butter-fingers :D

All: I have to run this morning but will check back later on!

Susan

princess peony
04-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Good morning girls!:wave:

So happy its Friday! The weekend here is going to be so pretty!:sunny: I am looking forward to getting some walking in this weekend with our dog. I hope everyone has a wonderfull weekend!

Princess~ Enjoy the Rugby game! I hope your son's team wins!:woohoo:

chat with you girls later!:df:

Itryharder
04-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi Turtles,
Okay everybody. It's time to shift to our next thread. Look for us at #181
Bale of Turtles Working Out!
Judy