Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #1  

Default Leg Magic

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and you have all inspired me to get back on my routine.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the leg magic machine. I saw the informercial a while back and it seemed to be the missing piece to my routine.

I ordered it a few weeks back and the website message told me that I would receive it in 2 weeks. It has been more than two weeks and I haven't heard anything and they have not charged my account. I see a few on ebay going for much more than the actual cost!!!!

Does anyone have it? Have you had similar problems? I am thinking of cancelling my order but I really think that this machine will really complement my program.
Amped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I think this is an interesting write up on Informercial Scams
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #3  

Thanks Ilene! Very Helpful.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #4  
Ari

S/C/G: 400/341/150

I just did a search to see what the machine does. It looks like you could probably accomplish the same thing with an exercise I'm familiar with called "out out in in" which doesn't require any equipment at all.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_personal...396072,00.html

After doing that exercise for a few minutes at a fast pace, I'm pooped..
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #5  

Yeah... that is somewhat the same type of motion.

The machine finally came and I am going to try it out for the 30 day period and see what I think. I will keep you guys posted.

Right now I have mixed feelings. The routine is only 13 mins long and you actually spend only 4 mins on the machine. It is set up as an interval, where you do one minute on the machine and then 1-2 minutes on the floor doing squats, lunges, hip raises, abs, and push ups. I had no problem doing the squat/lunge/etc intervals but it was quite difficult to complete the 60sec intervals on the machine and I often had to take a break so maybe 4 mins is all you need. I really felt it in my inner thighs and somewhat in my quads but not really in other places.

I think if I do it 3-4 times a week, I should see results. The question is how much of that will be attributed to the machine: I already exercise virtually everyday and I just picked up my Tae Bo Ultimate Bootcamp DVD again which does a lot of lower body work. I have been adding the Leg Magic routine at the end of each of my regular workouts.

It's great because it forces me to focus on the lower body in a way that I probably wouldn't otherwise plus it may be that added edge I have been looking for in my leg workouts BUT is that worth $175?

The pedometer that comes with is fun. I have been keeping track of how many steps I take a day and that keeps me motivated to take the stairs, park further away, etc.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/138/121

Height: 5'4"

I just watched this infomercial this morning and I am SO tempted to get it. The inner/outer thighs & butt area is the main area I need to tone up, so it seems perfect for me. But I am so skeptical of infomercials like this. Has anyone ordered this or tried it out? Does it REALLY work, and more importantly, is it worth the money? (It is about $165- ouch!)
pumpkinjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:51 PM   #7  
Slowly, slowly.

Height: 5'2"

In the uk last year a newspaper did a small trial on the leg master (leg magic is the updated version). Here's the link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...#StartComments
I've got one from ebay. (so cheaper) I'll do an update when I get started.
mum2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #8  
baby steps

Height: 5ft 4inches

hi, do you think i could have a go on it.. please..
imworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #9  

Hey,
I've heard nightmares about the official web site, and it taking FOREVER for product delivery. I wanted to get one, because it seems to me that the sheer "mechanic" of the motion should actually work. You can do it w/o the machine -- but... Long story short however, I found it for $99 on shopgetorganized.com and $119 on taylorgifts.com. Both sites say it's in stock. By the time you get done on the official site (which by the way is NOT a secure site to load your Credit Card info into), you'll spend $189. So I just ordered the same piece from the getorganized folks. I'll let you know if it comes soon.
Spivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:46 PM   #10  

Default Leg Magic

I have not bought it yet, but you can buy leg magic at Target rather than online & there are better benefits; you can purchase it for $129.99, you don't have to pay shipping and handling & Target has a 90 day return policy so you can try leg magic for 89 days and if it is not effective, take it back on day 90 for a full refund. Just hang onto your receipt. This is what I am going to do tomorrow.

Last edited by rosiehd; 12-31-2007 at 11:47 PM.
rosiehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #11  

Hi Lady's
I found your site today because I was looking for information on the Leg Magic, I have never tried one but I have been thinking about it but its kind of spendy.
I just wanted to give my two cents....
Two years ago I got a new pair of roller skates (don’t lol, I had a pair in high school) and my hubby and I went out almost every night (he was on his roller blades). I did the same exact motion on my skates that the Leg magic does and by the end of the summer my legs and butt where swimsuit ready. I don’t know if the machine works but I DO know that action that you do does work... allot!

I hope this was somewhat helpful.

Traci
pezpunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

I have seen this sold at KMart just yesterday
remtana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #13  
prepare for the BEST time

This is being sold at Wal-mart for $123.00 and with a bedbathbeyond 20% coupon it is about $103.00.

i broke down and bought it....yes its a killer for the inner thighs and some butt muscles i didn't know could hurt....i read through some online reviews that people have placed a thin book on either end to make it easier to do the exercise for the outer thigh until they get strong enough.

BUT....i would only try this on carpeting to avoid injury from slippage.

i think it will work in tightening the flab, but I have to actually USE IT, not just hang my clothes on it.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:38 PM   #14  

I LOVE this piece of equipment. I thought that it was going to kill me when I first started using it, as I had sore muscles I never knew I had LOL. It does get easier with time and is a wonderful addition to my routine. I did not have the ordering problems that many have experienced. I have had mine about 4 months now.

Meshell
hellsbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/173/135

Height: 5 feet

Default leg magic

Good morning i am new to the forum. I purchased the leg magic i am sure it probally woud work if you stick to it. i want to return mine do you have customer service number or any emailaddress for it . I can't seem to find one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinjuice View Post
I just watched this infomercial this morning and I am SO tempted to get it. The inner/outer thighs & butt area is the main area I need to tone up, so it seems perfect for me. But I am so skeptical of infomercials like this. Has anyone ordered this or tried it out? Does it REALLY work, and more importantly, is it worth the money? (It is about $165- ouch!)
peaches01 is offline   Reply With Quote