Old 03-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #1  
NCRed

S/C/G: 157

Height: 5'5"

Default LA Lites on Ebay

Hey everybody,
I thought I was being so smart buying LA Lites on ebay. I saved a little but when I got them heaven only knows how old they were. They were in the old packages so I know they weren't fresh. They did not have an expiration date on them and they are still edible but I won't do that again. After I paid shipping and the price they weren't all that much cheaper than the center.
Oh well!
NCRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I'm with you. I did the same thing when I started because I wasn't sure if I was going to stick with the lites. The boxes I got were good, but I only happened to find a great deal. When I went back to get more, the best deal was within $1 of the COD so I just bought from them since I knew it was fresh.

WTG on your first 10lbs!!!!!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

I've bought lites on Ebay before. The thing to look for is auctions where they list the expiration date or state that they will pick the boxes up fresh from the center. If in doubt, you can always ask the seller before you bid about the expiration date. Even then, you have to shop around and be careful with shipping costs to make sure you are getting a deal. I've been lucky, and my COD has had lites on sale a few times since then, so I've tried to stock up. I refuse to pay the full price (outlandishly high, in my opinion), so I guess when I run out, I'll probably switch to Lunas, which I like pretty well.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote