Carb Counters - Weekly Chat Mar27th-Apr1st/07

View Full Version : Weekly Chat Mar27th-Apr1st/07

RobinW
03-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I guess we should start up a new week.

All is good here, my hand is getting better...very slowly tho.

Eating is still op as is the water and exercise.....Im not worried about this week, its next week Im worried about. I seem to follow a pattern........do really good for induction, then the 3rd week, I crash. So Im going to need alot of support then.

Well, I'll just worry about today for now........have a great day ladies.

aud
03-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Greetings from the Land of NON-Cyber-Space! Gosh its been miserable w/o my PC - and all of you :hug: - gonna weigh in tonight to see the absence-damage done and also try to read last weeks chat to catch up a bit. Lovin' new 'puter and also updgraded to high speed internet - got here in a FLASH!:carrot:

CYA in the Wee Hours!:D

beach bum
03-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Moving my post to the correct thread.

Good Morning Ladies :)

Happy to be back on line again,hope we don't have anymore crashers or bugs that we don't know about.

Its going to a busy week for me.This afternoon some other woman & I will be heading down to the senior center to straighten out the music sheet drawer. Half the songs folders, are either missing or miss filed. We need to find the Spring/Musicals songs for our program. Tomorrow we're having a emergency rehearsal for Holy Week,and than on Friday I go for a mammagram at 8:40 AM and than back to the Senior Center for another rehearsal for our Spring/Birthday Party. Its funny some times there is nothing to do,and other times its maddening.

Lily-Sorry that you lost your puppies. Hope they find the perosons how stole them. I know about vacations,they are the worst for gaining weight. I dread my Aug vacation to Nova Scotia.I know I 'll be gaining again. Going to try hard myself to get the 13 lbs I gained on the cruise off, I lost 8 now I only have 5 to go. Its doable as I've lost 2 in Jan, 3 in Feb, & 3 in March.

Wish I could start my gardening,but living in the north east I have to wait until the end of May,as we still get frost up here at that time of the year.

Have to go

Hugs BB

RobinW
03-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Hey Aud!! I was wondering what happened to you. Welcome back :wave:

Getupandgo
03-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Just thought I'd say hello!

I've started Atkins again as of yesterday. This was the only diet that really worked for me with the exception of South Beach. My problem is I'm not in the mood to cut out A LOT of food, so I'm going to stick with the wonderful Atkins choices, lol.

I can see I'm going to have a problem with work, seeing as I work in a restaurant with yummy bread and a large salad bar, but I'm gong to try and eat before my shift!

Night!!

:)

jaesueray
03-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Just jumping in....

Hey ladies!
Didnt get home from work until 800pm, usually i leave at 500 but had some issues with one of the areas i supervise and had to ship some orders out late....so i was starving by the time i got home and made a couple bad choices...
....but its over and today i have eggs boiled, sausages cooked and a big crockpot of beef and peppers that im gonna turn on when i walk out the door..this journey is about finding a way to LIVE not a way to be perfect, being perfect is way too much pressure...
everyone have a great day

lilybelle
03-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone, I had been upset yesterday that my scale was up, but it must have been water retention instead of cake retention as I had feared. I'm down 3 lbs. this morning and was out of bed to pee several times last night.

My garden is looking good. I have potatoes , green beans and peas planted. We have rain forecasted today so not sure how much I'll get done today. I am planning now to plant onions, bell peppers and tomatoes soon. The cantaloupe, watermelon and strawberries get planted later as do the okra, corn and squash. This gardening is a lot of fun and a WHOLE lot of work. I worked 5 1/2 hrs. on it yesterday. My hands and fingers are blistered. I quickly learned that I had to do everything sitting down. When I stand up to use the hoe or rake, I get light-headed when I bend over. I'm really proud though of my accomplishment as I'm doing it mainly by myself. Big bonus, I think I'm working off a lot of calories out there too.

Aud, glad to see you posting again. We missed you.

BB, that vacation sounds really nice. Wish we could get away more often. I really didn't do too bad with eating on my camping trip, it was more the fried fish and potatoes the night we got home and the B-day cake and pizza on Sunday that carried on through Monday that did my damage. I hate to admit it but when it comes to cake, I have no control. I'll eat til it's gone. Just a tiny piece at a time, but it added up to 1/2 a cake at least. I am good at resisting all other types of sweets but I love the spongy texture of cake. I even dreamed that I had just held up the whole cake in my hands and eaten every bite of it. What a nightmare, also dreamed I gained 10 lbs. from it.

BB, only my little runt puppy was taken. I still have Lucy and she is a little terror. Loves to chew anything she finds. Right now, one of my walking sneakers is missing and I don't know what she did with it. Found the other one but the shoelace is missing. I'm having to resort to some older shoes that I had here.

Robin, we're here for you for the support.

Getupandgo, Welcome to our Atkins group.

Jaesueray, Hi. You are right, losing weight doesn't mean being perfect, none of us are.

lady_adnerb
03-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Robin: You're doing awesome in the weight loss dept! Keep up the great work!

Aud: THERE ya are! :wave:

BB: I'm with you in wanting to get the gardening started. We're having cold snaps too often to even think about putting one in right now! Welcome back :)

Getup: Welcome! Boy, if you have a wonderful salad bar you should be set for that portion!

Jae: Welcome! Yup, if we try to be perfect we'll drive ourselves crazy. WTG on planning better choices!

Lily: Gardening is DEFINITELY work and you're DEFINITELY working calories out there! Glad you worked off the pounds you were worried about!

Well, so far I'm doing well. I had a headache on Monday so actually drank a soda. It took care of most of it, so that was a good thing. I'm working on the water part and I'll have to work on getting exercise in. Those 2 things are the hardest for me right now. Well, staying OP during the weekend is hard for me as well. Just wish I could see results on the scale so I wouldn't get discouraged. I just have to tell myself to stay off it for a while :lol:

RobinW
03-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Getupandgo & Jaesueray :welcome3: to the gang.

I did good yesterday, got lots of extra walking in. Everything was 100%! :cb: When I had lost all the weight the first time, the one thing that kept the weight moving off was walking. I walked miles and miles and miles! Of course my marriage was falling apart and it was an escape out of the house....but it got the lbs off!! So this time, with a great marriage, and a treadmill in the living room, I should be able to do the same :D Out of all the exercises I have done...walking is the only one that consistently widdles away the fat on my lower belly,& upper butt (I call it my other butt) :lol:

Today I am doggie sitting...so I'll be taking greta out for her walk around noon. Depending on how well she listens will depend on how long we are out for :rolleyes:

Have fun in your garden Lily, I cant really get into mine yet. Its sopping wet!! I may dig around in the front garden tho, I have some old plants I need to split. I have irises that have exploded over the last 3 yrs. In the back gardens I want to plant more berries. I have 2 blueberry bushes, but I think I'll plant strawberries and black currants this year.

Thats it for me, have a great day ladies!

lady_adnerb
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Robin: WTG on the walking! I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can walk. Then again, it sounds like an excuse doesn't it...as when it gets warmer I'll say it's TOO warm to walk :lol: Keep up the great work!!

RobinW
03-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Yes it will be too warm to walk soon enough :lol: Dh was sitting on the couch when I was walking the other day, and I asked him to turn the fan on me. The look he gave me was priceless :rofl: He was freezing and waiting for me to finish so he could turn the wood stove on :lol3:

lilybelle
03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Robin, I saw raspberry and blackberry plants yesterday while shopping for my seeds. Do these plants take a yr. to bear fruit? (they were about 14 inches tall) I wasn't sure. I want to plant some. Sorry to hear of all the rain you are having. We've had some light showers but nothing else. It actually made the ground easier for me to work with.

Robin, all the walking has helped me more than anything. I did notice that right before starting Atkins , I lost 5 lbs. in one week just from working my flower beds.

Hi Brenda.

RobinW
03-28-2007, 11:09 AM
the raspberry and blackberry bushes will grow very tall!!! They also have some serious prickers on them!! As much as I love them I dont have the room for them. Some take a year to 3 yrs to bear fruit depending on how old they are when you buy them. My blueberry bushes were suppose to take 3 yrs, so I pruned like I was told, picked off all berries the 2nd yr like I was told....but wow, lots more grew after I picked off what I found. So this year I should have bunches and bunches!! Enough for a blueberry pie for my dh anyway! :lol:

lilybelle
03-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks Robin, I'm going to go ahead and plant a raspberry and blackberry plant. The sign said it takes a yr. for it to bear fruit but I didn't know if that meant the plant was already that old or not. LOL, I'm not too smart at this. I think I need to buy a Farmer's Almanac to help me out. When I started this veggie garden project, I thought "hey, that gives me less ground to mow". LOL, if I'd only known how much easier it was to mow than to build a garden. LOL.

beach bum
03-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm sorry I haven't been posting regularly,but with this new:comp: computer and all of its bugs,I've lost an number of posts or they wouldn't let me into the forum,saying that I had the wrong user name, along with the wrong password. Uggh!! Hope fully I won't lose this one.

After getting :tired: up late,Leo wanted me to go with him to Staples to return a security system that wasn't compatable to VISTA. They won't:no: give us a refund last week,asking us to call the company and deal with them.Well the company e-mailed:comp: us telling us to go back to the store. Long story, short,Staples than gave us a refund$$$$ after reading the companys e-mail. What a run around.

Well I have a confession, last night at dinner I decided out of the blue to have a WW roll with my Italian sausages with peppers & onions and this morning I really UPon the scale.. Have to go back to Low Carbing. Yikes!! Why do I do this to myself,will I ever learn. Hope this mishap doesn't show up on W-I day.

Getuoandgo-Welcome:welcome2: to the Atkins board. I was on two diet that my doctor recommend. One was the beach:beach:,it helped a little with my high cholestrol, but my number dropped faster being on the Atkins[low carb] diet,and here I will, stay. Low carbing is going be be a way of life for me.

jaesueray-Welcome :welcome2: also.Your into a good start. I ussually have more protein for breaky as it keeps me full until the next meal without snacking inbetween meals.

Lily-Happy to here is wasn't all your doggys.I remember when we had our dog, the shoes were always missing.I don't have the craving for sweets :cookies: that much anymore.My craving are turning to salty more than :candy: sweets,but I have to watch the sodium :corn: intake.

Brenda-The scale:goodscale: will show your progress.It did for me after staying the same for 3 weeks and than on the 4th the scale went down 2 lbs.I keep repeating the body needs a rest from losing,it will happen again. I know it can be discouraging. When you least expect it the scale will move downward.

Robin- I love:love: walking but its impossible when you have cold windy weather day after day. Wish Spring would come up here. We stay cold until May and than if we're lucky :lucky: if might warm up a little in April.

Have a great one

Hugs :) BB

Puncezilla
03-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Lily, "cake retention" :rofl: I must admit I have also had dreams about eating cake and other sweets, quite frequently.Your garden sounds wonderful I wish I lived farther south, I love gardening but the season is to short here to grow that much variety.

Robin, "Upper butt" :lol3: This is a "huge" aria of concern for me I call it my
muffin-top.

Getupandgo, Welcome! Glad you are joining our little group!

Jae, If we were perfect life would be boring! I love my crock pot, its so nice to have something ready when you come home hungry.

Brenda, Stick with it, don't get discouraged with the little ups and downs.

Beachbum, Your exercise thread looks amazing!:dancer:
I have heard A lot of people are having problems with vista, I'm glad I decided to stick with Xp. I did purchase norton360 after the trial version ended and we have had a few problems with this so I wouldn't recomend it even though the trial version worked great.

Well, I am doing Ok still op still fighting the strong urge to eat peanuts, my biggest craving right now. I se DH eating them and it drives me crazy, but I have to "allow" him some snacks at least he's not eating chips and tubs of candy like before. He has lost at least 5lbs since I started atkins :dizzy: which is good according to the doctor he is a little over weight but he will never admit it, so I have convinced him to swich to 100% whole gain breads
and rarely make pasta or rice for him any more ( I know he still eats chocolate at work) . So with even a few changes he's losing, I wish it were that easy for me.

Anyway I hope you all have a great day!

lady_adnerb
03-28-2007, 05:58 PM
BB: Don't sweat the WW roll. You'll drop whatever water weight it made you have. And glad you got the take the program back. From what I've been reading, not a lot is compatible with Vista yet. Then again, some programs have drivers and updates you can get to make it work right. But glad you've got it straightened out :)

Robin: lol @ Dh freezing while you were having the fan on. I can just imagine the face! lol.

Lily: How about a pic of your garden? It sounds awesome! If you ever decide not to have a garden there you can always plant flowers :)

Punce: I agree--it stinks men can drop weight faster than us women! I've heard most of the issues people are having with Vista is compatibility with their current programs. And the cure for that is to go and get drivers and updates for those.

Well, so far so good. And I believe I even got my water in! :cb: Now to get time for exercise!!

Getupandgo
03-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)

Brenda, I see you're from WI!! Me too! I'm in Appleton, about where are you?

My friends and I ate at a sushi joint today. I did good--I picked out the middle of the sushi rolls to avoid eating the rice, lol. What a waste of food though. :devil:

Tomorrow starts the first day of the diet at the restaurant...hopefully I'll just eat the salad :carrot:

:D :D :D

LadyJulieAnn
03-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Hello All,

Just thought I would say hello. I'm just returning to Atkins after several years away from the plan and am on day 3 of induction. I'm hoping to be getting into the swing of things, now that the first few days are over. :)

It's motivating to read everyone's posts and to see progress pics!

Take care,
Julie

Getupandgo
03-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Hello All,

Just thought I would say hello. I'm just returning to Atkins after several years away from the plan and am on day 3 of induction. I'm hoping to be getting into the swing of things, now that the first few days are over. :)

It's motivating to read everyone's posts and to see progress pics!

Take care,
Julie

Hi Julie!!

I'm on day three too, so we're on this together! Let me know if you want to chat...I'm always up for giving AND receiving support, lol :)

:D:D:D

lilybelle
03-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Hi Julie, Welcome to the forum.

Brenda, I'lll post pics of my garden after sprouts start coming through the ground. Since I just started planting it just looks like rows of dirt right now. LOL. But, by george, I worked hard on them rows of dirt. LOL.

I'm feeling cruddy right now. Sinus infection that is giving me fever and chills. I need some antibiotics.

My eating seems to be back on track for now. That much is good.

We have a funeral to go to tomorrow. The police officer that was killed near here in line of duty last Friday night. It's being held at the convention center in Ft. Smith, AR. (Holds about 5000 people). I was glad to see on TV that there will be shuttle buses. I don't think I could walk very far right now.

beach bum
03-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Good Morning Ladies

Woke up with a abcess on the left side of my mouth.It does hurt,but its annoying as the inside & outside of my mouth is swollen. Hope it goes away as fast as it came.Tomorrow I going for 2 x-rays, mammogram,and right after for a bone dencity test.

Other wise nothing really new, Not going to W-I this week as I really up,and I don't know why. The carbs are low like last week when I lost the two,but this morning I up 4 again.

Punezilla-Thanks :thanks: I like to get as much Exercise:exercise: in as possible,but not more than 30 mins a day and resting on Sunday. I love walking:running: but its too cold windy up here to do that. Stay with xp, the Vista is driving my DH :crazy: crazy. We should have waited until all the bugs were out of Vista,but our :comp:computer crashed and we need a new one as quickly as possible and we wound up with a vista.

Brenda-Hope your right:yes: that I lose the 4 that I gained. Worked to hard not to have a gain. We didn't realize the problems Vista had,other wise we would have bought something different.

GetupandGo- You shouldn't be :fr: afraid of restaurants.Just ask the waitress,they are glad to substitute items. I asked for a low carb :hunger:dinner by asking if I could have two veggies instead of the carbs.She brought me mashed[cauiflower] instead of the french fries.

LadyJulieAnne-Welcome:welcome: to the board. Nice that you have getup working at the same pace of the diet.

Lily-Sorry to hear:listen: you have a sinus infection companied with a chills & fever. I hope it doesn't go into something serious. I hate :devil: that when it happens to me. Take it easy today, and hopefully your feel :get well: better tomorrow.

Have to go,and get some lunch,I'm hungry

Getupandgo
03-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Beachbum--the problem is, that I'm the waitress at the restaurant, lol! Kinda like the old saying...an alcoholic should never work in a bar....I should never work in a restaurant! But I'm going to try, lol. Good luck at your Dr appt. :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'll be back on Monday in time for my first weigh in.

:D:D:D

laurie2275
03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
HI all. I am new to this group but not to dieting. I am 32 years old and have 1 5 year old and 1 14 month old daughters. I own 2 small businesses and the long hours and stress of being a busy mom has give me the excuse to eat out with my husband about 4 -5 nights a week for the past couple of years. I am so sick of being over weight that I started decided to do something about it. I have done atkins before and am back on 6 days into induction. This looks like a really great support group. Do you mind if I join?

Laurie

lilybelle
03-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Laurie, WELCOME. WTG on getting started. Glad to have you join us.

BB, thanks. I called my Dr. office and they are over-booked today , but did call me in some Zithromax, so I should feel better soon. I'm fighting the urge to go work in the garden, but know the way my sinuses feel that it isn't a good idea. It's a beautiful 80 degrees here today.

lady_adnerb
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Getup: I noticed you didn't have the PM option enabled here. Feel free to PM me :) Good luck on the eating while working! It sounds like it can be do-able!!

Lily: Sorry to hear about the infection--hope it gets better from the meds soon. And yup, you sure did work hard for that mound of dirt. How do you keep the rabbits out? Our garden gets demolished by them. I'm guessing our fence isn't big enough or some such problem with it. What's your strateghy?

BB: Hope all your testing goes well. And hope your tooth feels better!

Laurie: Welcome! The more the merrier :) Sounds like you definitely have your hands full! Join us every day :)

I did ok yesterday...until I got home last night. Then proceeded to mow down a BAG of popcorn! UGH! Well, I decided to see the damage I did and was surprised the scale was down a pound this morning. Now if it continues maybe I'll mange to be able to change my ticker next week :lol: Drank a soda to try and get rid of my headache...but should have stuck with water as I'm nowhere near the "goal" for water. But if I chug fast enough I should be able to get it in yet :)

RobinW
03-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Afternoon :wave:

Welcome to all the new comers....like Brenda said, the more the merrier!!

I dont have alot of time for personals, today has been a busy one. Ive been to a speed networking group this morning, very cool!! I'll have to remember and go again next year when they have it.

Off again in about 2 hrs to another networking group. Dh is cooking supper early so Im not starving after the late meeting.

Oh.....at the speed networking about 4 woman gave out chocolate bars as their business cards!!!!!! I popped them into my purse, and gave 1/2 to dh and the other 1/2 to dd as soon as I got home! Whew, bypassed that one!

Im off, I'll check in later tonight when Ive got more time. Have a great day ladies!

Puncezilla
03-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Just a quick HELLO. Nice to see some more new posters!
I'm SO tired today. I did manage to drag my lasy butt onto the treadmill for 50 min, and now I feel like I realy need a nap. I'm still op and down to 209 this morning. I can't wait to break the 200lb mark!
You are all such a wonderfull group! Have a great day!

RobinW
03-29-2007, 09:17 PM
WooHoo Punce!!!!! Count down! Great going!! :cb: :cb:

LadyJulieAnn
03-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for the welcome. :) Today was one of those days where I ended up having some small amounts of food that were not induction friendly (at a lunch that was provided for us at work), but overall did not stray too far. One of the things I learned over my past experiences of dieting is to not become obsessed with every little thing I put in my mouth and not become so discouraged if I do slip. I tend to set myself up for failure if I do that.

Hope everyone had a good day. :)

Take care,
Julie

jaesueray
03-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Good morning everyone!
I guess i am going to have to research some sweet leagle treats to keep on hand. That seems to be my weakness and since i have no leagle ones around, i am making bad choices.
Onward and upward, maybe i will check out the reciepes on this site and keep something on hand.

Everyone have a good day!
Jae

lady_adnerb
03-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Robin: WTG on passing up the candy bars! That is awesome willpower!

Punce: WTG on the exercise! You're doing AWESOME!!!

Julie: Thanks for the reminder that I'm human :hug: And congrats on not straying far!

Jae: Definitely check out the desserts here. I've not tried a lot of them, but I've heard good things about them :)

Well, I had a piece of pizza last night. Not even sure WHY I did it as I had eaten a piece of chicken and a huge salad. Wasn't really hungry. I need to start listening to my body more!!! Well, today's another day :)

RobinW
03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Brenda~ just pick the good stuff off the top next time. :D

Jae~ my fav legal treat is the chocolate fluff!! Works great when you are having a serious chocolate craving. Ive tried quite a few of the dessert recipes. But honestly, once you get 2 weeks into induction, all those cravings go away. You really dont want any of it.

Water was only 50% yesterday, but thats ok. I was gone from the house most of the day, and I really didnt want to be sneaking into the ladies room in the middle of my meetings :lol: Eating is good, but I have noticed a significant drop in my appetite. Yesterday I only had 2 protein shakes, and a big piece of grilled salmon. I definitely need to eat more, and get more veggies in. The wonder of Atkins!

Not alot planned for today, just some grocery shopping. Have a great day ladies.

beach bum
03-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi Ladies

Had my first appointment is 8:40,but they want you there 15 before for all the paper work. After that I had a bone dencity test..

Well my abcess,is gone.It must have been some food particle that got stuck in my gum,and with all the guggling & whooshing I got it out. Its gone along with the pain.

Hope my tests come out negative and that I'm A/OK. At this point I want to stay healthy,as best as to my ability.

Got on the scale this morn and lost 2 of the pounds out of the 4 that I had just adding a WW[24 carbs] roll to have with my sausage,pepper& onion dinner. I should have known better,low carbing. I found a recipe for a 2 carb bread,made with flaxmeal. I'm going to use that the next time I make that type of dinner again.

I have one week to the lenten challenge left so hopefully the other two pounds will be gone.At the bone dencity test I found out that I shrunk again. Yikes!! I'm almost 5 ft tall.Lost another inch. The other results won't be back until next week some time. I hope I don't have osteoporosis,as it don't run in any side of our family.

Getup-Yikes that could be a problem,but if you work there they could mix you things up that is carb free.

Laura-Welcome:welcome: to the board, we're a fun group and very supportive.

Lily-Wish we had 80 degree weather. Its lower than that ,but we did manage to take a walk along the:beach: beach. Happy :) that you doc could give to meds to help the sinuses.

Brenda-Did well at the test,now for the results. Your scale was good to you even with the bag of popcorn.Congrats:cheer: for you 1 lb loss. I gained 4lbs :eek: on a WW Roll [24 carbs] but the scale put me down 2 lbs,so I have two pounds to go,to calculate at the end of this month.

Robin-You did fantastic,giving away your chocolate cand bars. I give you a big congrats:congrat:

Punce-Your be in oberland very soon. Big congrats:carrot: on your weight loss.

Jae- The lot of web site that have low carb desserts that are legal with atkins.,but checking out this site is a very good idea.

Have to go

lilybelle
03-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi ladies. I made it to that funeral today despite being ill. My sinus infection has now moved to my chest. My antibiotics aren't helping yet and I sure hope that I don't end up even sicker or at the ER. (I have a tendency to get pneumonia and sure don't want that to happen again).

The funeral was about 1 1/2 miles from where we parked and were shuttled to the convention center. Great, but no bus came after the funeral. We had to walk back to our cars. Normally, I wouldn't have minded, but I was so short of breath that I worried if I could make it. Then, of course, I had to grocery shop because we had nothing to cook. I'm wiped out now and going to take a nap. I'll chat more when I feel better.

beach bum
03-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies :)

We're going to have a beautiful and sunny weekends,so Leo & I are heading for the beach to get some walking done.

I lost an other pound from the darn bread eatting gain[4]so I left with 1 lb gain. Next week I won't look at any type of bread,will post my menu daily to hold me accountable.

We decided that we are not going down to see the GK this Easter.Wish we could,but we DON'T want to be with the In Laws. They're not Catholic and they resent anything to do with our holidays,so we stay home and enjoy the holidays by ourselves.Christmas was a diaster,made fun of all our tradtions.

Lily-Hope your not getting pneumonia, If you prone to get that you should get pneumonia shots. Yikes walking 1 1/2 miles is not the best thing when your not felling well. Take it easy today and well see you tomorrow.

Have to go, DH wants the computer. Will post later

RobinW
03-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

A sleep in late morning for us. Eating is still op, I went to sams club last night and found those little babybel cheese rounds. I havent had them in so long because they are so expensive to buy in the grocery store. But at sams they were a dollar more for 3x as many....so I splurged :lol: Oh, I just love them!! I told dh to not let me get carried away eating them!

BB~ that really is too bad that you cannot enjoy your own traditions with your gk's Christmas was a diaster,made fun of all our tradtions.
I dont have any problems with other religions, but I do take sersious issue with someone mocking my own. It really is too bad :(

Since you mentioned easter, I just realized its only a week away. Im thinking Im going to be the one cooking this year. Hmmmmm....I guess I had better think on this a bit.

I dont now what is on the agenda today, I think maybe I'll suggest dh and I go to see wild hog. Thats about it.

Have a great day ladies.

lilybelle
03-31-2007, 11:42 AM
BB, I still have a fever, but the green junk has now turned yellow, so I am improving. You're right, I should have gotten that pneumonia shot. My Dr.s office had ran out of them, so I didn't get one. In past yrs. my old Dr. always saved a pneumonia and flu shot for me since I have the auto-immune hepatitis and am on long-term steroids and need to be protected. This new Dr. doesn't think of things like this. Grrrrrrrrr.

Hi Robin, for Easter we are having our Grandson's B-day party and hiding eggs and having a cookout at my MIL's. I foresee it as a totally off-plan day.

LadyJulieAnn
03-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Good morning everyone!
I guess i am going to have to research some sweet leagle treats to keep on hand. That seems to be my weakness and since i have no leagle ones around, i am making bad choices.
Onward and upward, maybe i will check out the reciepes on this site and keep something on hand.

Everyone have a good day!
Jae

Hi Jae,

You might want to try some of the Atkins Advantage bars/shakes. They save me when I am craving sweets. My favorites are the chocolate peanut butter and chocolate chip granola bars and the chocolate royale shakes. They are induction friendly and a good source of fiber.

Take care,
Julie

RobinW
03-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Atkins Advantage bars/shakes
be careful with these....they have saved me too in a pinch. But they stalled me out for about a week and a half. Certainly werent worth it for me.

lilybelle
03-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Update on my garden. Potatoes, onions, bell peppers, green beans, peas and tomatoes are all planted now. I now have to wait for the ground to get warmer to plant squash, okra, strawberries, cantaloupe and watermelon with Corn in early fall. This really is fun now that all the horrible weeding part is done..

BB, my computer was down this evening. My puppy had chewed through the DSL cord. DH just replaced the cord with the one from our old computer. DUH, I didn't know to do this. LOL. Even a few hrs. without the internet was painful around this house.

jaesueray
04-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Morning all...
Thanks for all the suggestions on sweet treats, I have tried some of the EAS bars and they a few that are pretty good...

Now i know why i was having all the cravings:stars: TOM starting this morning with a vengance, very crampy, very bloated, very snacky-cravy-grumpy, kinda feeling. Bought a big bottle of pamprin, that may be my brekfast:D along with coffee.
I got a big flat of veggies to plant yesterday. Got some tomatoes, bell peppers (yellow, green, red and purple), jalepenos,chili peppers, okra,squash and a couple of strawberry bushes. Gonna get those planted today and spend some time outside, i love to garden and do stuff outside

....i also saw this patio set i want...now to talk DH into it....wish me luck!!!;) ;)
Jae

Leenie
04-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Good Morning and Happy April :wave:

JerseyGyrl
04-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi Jae,

They are induction friendly and a good source of fiber.

Unfortunately, this is not true. They are NOT Induction friendly. Yes, I know it says they are on the wrapper & on the Atkins website & in the newer Atkins books but...that was AFTER Dr. Atkins death when "Atkins Nutritionals" took over. If you read the ingredients on these bars, they contain soy, glycerin & nuts...NOT suitable for Induction.

My advice would be to use these bars the way Dr. Atkins intended...for emergencies ONLY.

All the best to you!!

Kim

LadyJulieAnn
04-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately, this is not true. They are NOT Induction friendly. Yes, I know it says they are on the wrapper & on the Atkins website & in the newer Atkins books but...that was AFTER Dr. Atkins death when "Atkins Nutritionals" took over. If you read the ingredients on these bars, they contain soy, glycerin & nuts...NOT suitable for Induction.

My advice would be to use these bars the way Dr. Atkins intended...for emergencies ONLY.

All the best to you!!

Kim

I don't work for "Atkins Nutritionals", I swear! :) My experience is that these products are great for convenience, which is something I need. I personally haven't had any problems using them, but I know that some people react differently. I certainly would not recommend them above actual food or as a staple for the diet, but they do come in handy when on the run or in a craving emergency.

Take care,
Julie

RobinW
04-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Well yesterday was a bust :D Dh took me to Rochester for Dinosaur BBQ!! My fav!! :cb: :cb: I did alright in my choices, but I had decided that I would take it all as a free day, and start fresh this morning. So far so good, I woke feeling a bit fuzzy headed, but other than that, Im ok. :) (I wont get on the scale tomorrow tho) :eek: :lol:

Not much happening around here, we are taking a down day. Just relaxing and putzing around.

Have a nice day ladies.

beach bum
04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Wanted to post your earllier but I ahd to get ready for church,being Palm Sunday, was afraid I wouldn't get a place to park in the church parking lot.

Well I went for my mamaogram & bone desity test on Friday,now it just the waiting for the results.They meaured me saying that I'm 5ft tall. According to my records I was always 5'3"

I just got back from brunch,my friends believe that I was measured wrong,five years ago. That I wasn't 5'3 1/2" to begin with. Looked at my records again & thats what I recorded 5'3". Have to wait to see what the doctors has in my files,in order to get the story straight. I'm also going to wait for my doctor is explain things to me,and if I have the Big O,I'll have to take meds to stop it from hastening.

Robin-We're going to enjoy our Real German Traditional Saurbratten Dinner with all the works,red cabbage, brussel sprouts, spetzel & saurbratten gravy.Not buying any Easter candy or chocolates this year.Going to make a apple studdel for dessert. Heck with my DD's old INLAWS. We'll come down when they're not around,and enjoy our GK than. My daughter is always uptight when they're around,shes told my her DH to invite her INLAWS during the holidays.She doesn't like they either.

Lily-Glad that your getting better. I guess you will have to point that out to the new doctor. After my DH lung cancer remission the doctors told him to have a flu & pneumonia shot every year.That bad little puppy biting on your computer. Thats our life line, or it mine. If I don't get on this board once a day. I would be lost. You guys are so wonderful, & informative,and not only about the diet but from all walks of life.

Leenie-Happy :joker: April Fools Day:joker: no one played any jokes on me yet.

Kim-Is sugar alchohoes in Those Atkins Bars also.I don't buy them as I once heard that they tend to slow your weight loss down.

Going to read the Sunday Comics & relax for the rest of the day

JerseyGyrl
04-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi Beach Bum,

According to the label, Atkins bars do not contain sugar alcohols however, they do contain soy, glycerin & nuts...none of which are suitable for Induction. If you've ever wondered how they come to the 2 or 3 net carbs they advertise on the front wrapper...its because they deduct the glycerin.

LadyJulieAnn
04-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Hello All,

I've seen some mention of legal sweet treats, but haven't been able to find an induction dessert archive. Does one exist with recipes?

Thanks!
Julie

JerseyGyrl
04-01-2007, 09:56 PM
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/dessert_recipes.html

Everything marked with an * is Induction friendly:)

beach bum
04-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi :)

I use Linda's web site for alot of my meals. Its great web site for all low carb recipes.

Julie & Jersey Gal the site is a keeper, bookmarket like I've done.

lilybelle
04-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm feeling a little better. Have been working in my veggie garden and my flower beds like crazy (7 1/2 hrs.) yesterday. Neat thing this morning, I noticed I'm getting arms MUSCLES. Since my Dr. won't let me join a gym, I didn't think this was possible. Now, I'm inspired to use my little handweights and get these arms even firmer.

My eating was on-plan both Saturday and Sunday, which is great for me on a weekend. No change in wt. this morning but at least I'm not gaining.

Yesterday while mowing inside the back fenced yard, I had a board that my dogs had buried to pop up and hit my left ankle. It has a big bruise and big knot on it. It was so swollen last night that my socks left a big dent around my ankle. Ouch!

My garden is going great and I got my flower beds weeded out. DH cut down an old walnut tree on our property and I moved all that wood and stacked it. I have major clean-up in my living room this morning. My puppy found a stuffed animal last night while we were asleep and it's in a million pieces all over the place. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Need to sign and pick up our taxes. Whoopeeeeeeeee. $6.00 refund.

LadyJulieAnn
04-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the great link JerseyGyrl! Glad you are feeling better lilybelle. Hope everyone has had a good start to April.

Take care,
Julie

ilovemike4alwayz
04-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Well ladies i was given the ok to start low carbing again. i did drop 9 lbs while i was off atkins, but i am ready to get back on the wagon and shed this weight. i have done good all day long and i am starting to get a litlle hungry now. just wanted to drop in and say whats up.