Support Groups - Post Partum Hotties

View Full Version : Post Partum Hotties

geneve
11-07-2001, 09:35 AM
Hi everyone, as promised, new thread,new autumn leaf to turn over.
MY MISSION STATEMENT.
'By the time I close this thread I will be at least 4lbs lighter'.
And I wll too.
Geneve.:)

Jen
11-07-2001, 06:50 PM
Geneve - I am so happy to hear about your magazine article! What fantastic news! I am thinking about doing something similar for a magazine here in Canada. A woman in the US did this series of articles for a fitness magazine in the US, sort of a weight loss diary. I'd like to try something like that but I think I would be more realistic than she was. She is a 30 something, not married, no kids, wasn't that overweight to begin with. I think I would be interested in reading something like that so I thought I would write them and see if they are interested in the idea. Wish me luck.

geneve
11-08-2001, 05:41 PM
Jen, Hello!
You should try, honestly, I'm no writer, but I do feel strongly about the subject. I for one would like to read a 'real' weight loss diary, with all the ups and downs. I'm so tired of reading the same old cliches about doeting which I'm sure are written by people who think a size 10 is overweight.
Anyway, must dash as have to express...will be leaving leo with his Dad for the day on the 26th and heaven help me if there isn't enough to see him through. Am going to a health spa with two friends...it's my Christmas treat and am trying to decide what I want. I think a massage and something dome to my face (paper bag:s: maybe!)and a swim...most of all talk, talk, talk....:^:
Tomorrow is a gym day, will be making a big effort once again to stay out of the fridge.
Geneve

Jen
11-12-2001, 11:20 AM
Hi all. Not a good weekend. Made very poor food choices both Saturday and Sunday, at least I got out for my walk on Saturday. My first TOM is coming up, I'm starting to get cramps already so it has just been a wonderful couple of days.

Geneve - thanks for the encouragement about the article, now just have to find the time! did you get to the gym?

bc
11-12-2001, 12:19 PM
Thanks Geneve for directing us to this list. I am on maintence as far as computer use goes (have I really been on this long already?!) so I subscribe to this list and don't read all of the boards. I find it very easy to loose myself in the computer and never get anything else done. :dizzy:

Congradulations of being published! You know people dream of this and for you it is a reality. ;)

Jen, I would love to see an article like that, however I think it might end up being book length. I for one would love to hear a REAL story.

I do have a hypo thyroid and now I am taking the medication. I know this won't help me loose weight but I am glad my weight won't be climbing any higher.

We went on an impromptu trip to New York City. My sister lives there and she was purging some of the stuff from her apartment. We picked up some of it and will happily recycle it in our home. It was a spur of the moment trip but everyone had fun. We were so busy I didn't even have time to think of food! I need more days like this.

Barb

geneve
11-12-2001, 02:37 PM
Hi Everyone, hi Barb, you know it's so true, on busy days I don't think about food at all, maybe I should volunteer to do loads of stuff so I can get a bigger distance betwen myself and my nemesis...the fridge:lol:
Jen I think my TOM is coming up, feeling crampy...what a shame could do without it, especially the bit before hand when only chocolate will do. AND as if that's not bad enough, Leo has croup. We've all had colds so I knew he'd probably get something but this is awful. Only a few hours sleep last night added to the dizziness and the school run was a nightmare. Tomorrow I have to take Leo for vaccinations and I don't want to do it with him poorly, just been through the same thing with the older one. The damp cold here is terrible for coughs and colds.
Did get to the gym on Friday but not today as can't leave sick nippers in the creche.
However, i did something a bit mad today, I put in an enquiry about buying a new car...well, not brand new. It's an idea I had a whole back. What I need is an MPV but can't afford one. What I CAN afford (well, as soon as DH gets a permanent contract) is an old London Taxi. If any of you know how they look you will know you can get 5 in the back, and even better they have a sliding glass door to seperate you from the 5 screaming kids in the back. Only one place really sells them, and they have a bright red cabriolet ! The cabrios look like great big old fashioned prams! Keep your fingers crossed that Andy gets a proper job before someone else nabs my cab!
Good dieting to you all,
Geneve

Jen
11-12-2001, 11:01 PM
Geneve - I've seen those cabs in movies, they do look so cool! I hope you get it. Sorry to hear that your brood is sick, must be rough. Drake is doing well, just been a bit wound up today and not getting all his naps in. I just got him to sleep a few minutes ago, I hope that will do him for a few hours. He is a bit off schedule but I don't think he cares too much about my schedule!

barb - glad to hear that you are getting medication for your thyroid. I hope it helps. I have the same problem with the computer, I could easily surf for hours. Lately though Drake doesn't let me stay on for very long.

My eating has been much better today and I got my walk in too. I wish I could drink more water though, I barely drink anything and I know it would help out a lot. Any ideas?

SueMoo
11-13-2001, 02:16 PM
Hey women... Sorry I've been absent, we went out of town again - took a four day weekend...

Geneve, that's so COOL that you're published. That's the sort of thing that lots of us dream about, but so few of us actually do. You'll have to tell us the name of the magazine so that we can all read the article! And your car sounds fantastic. My fingers are crossed for you and Andy. Jen, I'm glad that things are looking up with DH. Leo will be sleeping longer before you know it. I've become a believer that time cures everything. Last night Megan slept for 8 hours, can you say hallelujah. :> Barb, that's great that they found out what was wrong. I hope that it helps! Where do you live? Have you been to NYC before? I'd love to go.

My friend got married in Hawaii - we didn't go for that, but she had a second reception in Utah for all those who couldn't make it to Hawaii. So we drove up on Thursday night, and drove back on Monday. Megan did pretty well in the car.

I'll tell you what though - vacations are really different with a baby (I know - duh!!!). When we took off to SD the month before, she was still sleeping all day long, and now she's up alot more. So it's no longer about doing whatever we wanted, sleeping in, and relaxing... I was worrying about when we needed to get back to the hotel so that she could take a nap, I was worried about putting her back in the car AGAIN (after the 8 hour drive the day before) to go see the sights, etc. She was spitting up a lot, and I think her tummy was upset from being in the car so much. So we spent alot of time in the hotel room. She slept pretty well though, 7 hours each night. But I was reminded why we put her in the crib in HER room - she makes SO MUCH noise in her sleep. I kept thinking she was waking up, so I would go over and check on her, and she was SOUND asleep, and just making noises - it made for pretty sleepless nights for both of us. But, on the other hand, she is starting to be so much fun. So many smiles, little excited giggles now, just lots of personality. I love her so much I can't stand it! She rolled over yesterday.

And she is getting so big - I have to pack up her 0-3 month clothes... Oh, I have to tell you what a bad mother I am. I put her in this little outfit she has, where the pants stop just below the knees. We were at the mall shopping, and I picked her up because she was fussing, and DH noticed that her legs were turning purple!!! She's gotten so fat in the legs that the leg holes were too small, and it was cutting off her circulation! OMG, my daughter almost lost the use of her legs FOR FASHION. What a bad mother I am. I felt so bad. Thank goodness Daddy was paying attention. Oh, do you all find yourself calling your DH Daddy now? I swore I would never do that, but I do.

We got a super great hotel on Priceline - $50 for a four star hotel in SLC - the Hotel Monaco. It's a really funky little hotel, with every room decorated differently. It was very cool. I stayed OP until yesterday, when I had pizza (with extra extra cheeze and pepperoni), fudge, MnMs, ice cream AND a lemon bar cookie. Plus all of my regular food. Sigh. I didn't lose anything, but at least I didn't gain. Well, we'll see - it takes a few days for things like that to catch up with you. It's my TOM too, sigh. DH agreed to watch Megan every night while I go rollerblading. So now I truly have no excuse for not exercising.

As usual, this is WAY too long. Sorry. Talk to you all soon!
Sue

Jen
11-14-2001, 01:31 PM
Hi all. I had a terrible day yesterday with the diet. I blame my TOM coming up. I just want to inhale everything!!! I am feeling awfully blah these past 2 days as well. Haven't got out for a walk yet today and I'm waiting for someone to come and look at my living room windows, I'd like to have them replaced before winter. The weather here is not that great. It is supposed to be 13C out there but it feels like a very cool 13C to me. I suppose I could go out now for a walk, I'm just being lazy. :(

Sue - I've had to pack up a lot of Drake's 0-3 months clothes as well, at 8 weeks I think he is at least 12lbs+ by now. We go to the dr on Friday for his first vaccinations so I'll weigh him then. I'm saving all my baby stuff for my SIL, she just got married and they're going to start trying for a baby in a couple of years. How old is Megan now? I can hardly wait til Drake is sleeping the night through. I haven't spent more than 3-4 hours asleep at a time since he was born.

Take care all.

Dreamer
11-15-2001, 04:11 AM
Jen - fyi my dd started sleeping through at 4 months, she still does at 7 months (today), thank gosh. I'm sure teething will kick in soon though!

Re TOM, I still hvaen't got one - but might be because I am breastfeeding? I always feel like I'm about to get it, but think that is just general weird-o hormoes :)

I was doing really well, but I've just had two days of overeating (almost bingeing). Very depressed over here and as well everything is going wrong (work, friends, finances, car) and I am so exhausted working and being a Mum. Urgh.

Anyways rather than just sit here and vent I'd best go cook some dinner for the family. Tomorrow I have a fitness assessment at the gym I just joined. Oh yay (can you hear the sarcasm?) At least it can only get better hey?

Wealso have dd's naming day on Sunday. Just a simple ceremony then a bBQ. Should be fun :)

Keep moving and enjoying your little ones,
Sam
179/150/130

Trish O
11-15-2001, 10:16 AM
Hello. I just lurk (I am 8 mo pg and post on the WW 20-somethings board). Anyway, Dreamer, what is a naming day? Just wondering.

You all are doing so well with everything. I hope I am as together as you all seem to be. Yikes, it is coming soon.

Trish
EDD 1/1/02

SueMoo
11-15-2001, 12:57 PM
I'm back on the wagon again. I've had good eating days since we've been home from vacation. But I REALLY need to get moving if I want to see results. I don't know why I'm not. DH still hasn't put together the weight thingie we bought - that's my current excuse. But I have no excuse for not going walking or rollerblading. I'm just lazy. DH and I love to sit around on the couch and talk. We're both very sedentary. He is trying to get into shape now too, so maybe that will help.

Jen, Megan is 11 weeks old - she will be 3 months old next Tuesday. So you're almost there! :> You know that he WILL sleep through the night eventually - he won't be 2 years old and waking up all night long to eat, lol... Hang in there. Oh, let us know how big Drake is, and how he does with his shots... You probably know this, but whenever I want to weigh Megan, I just get on the scale without her, and then get on it with her, and figure out the difference...

OK, don't kill me for posting this, I know it's obnoxious of me when others are still sleep deprived, but she slept for almost 9 HOURS last night - I am seriously doing the happy dance! I don't know if all of this 8 and 9 hour sleeping is FOR REAL now, or if she is going to go back to the 5-6 hour thing. I'm hoping it stays around! We are working on getting her to take naps in her crib. It's slow going - she wakes up about every 45 minutes, and won't go back down. Of course, if I hold her, she'll sleep for hours.

Dreamer, yes, I've heard that if you bf, you might not get your period until you stop. Some people do though... I'm sorry things are tough right now - the working thing is so hard. On a positive note, you only have 20 pounds to get to your goal - that is SO awesome - give yourself a HUGE pat on the back!

Good luck with your baby Trish - come join us when you're on "the other side!"

Hugs to you all...
Sue

Day before baby's birth: 249
Pre-pregnancy weight: 221
Current: 216
Goal: 155

SueMoo
11-16-2001, 12:09 PM
Hi guys... I'm having a good eating day - well, it's FORCED, because I have to fast until 12:45 today, when I get my wisdom teeth out. Yuck. I am not looking forward to it.

I need to get a new scale. Last night when I weighed myself, I got three different weights - 210, 213.5, and 215. Very frustrating.

Blah, Megan only slept until 4 last night, then was up to eat. She went back to sleep after about 30 minutes. I can't figure her out...

How is everyone?

geneve
11-17-2001, 10:03 AM
HI! It's funny reading through all these...life with babies certainly is an up and down affair!
Well, my news is: Eating still not good...little Leo's cold improving slowly but surely then WHAm!4 yr old Ted has scarlet fever.I'm mad as hel at his teacher...we had Ted home from school poorly when I went to his parent teacher night and his teacher casually mentioned that his best pal had scarlet fever. I rushed home and there was the rash...he has been very rough but also very brave. I'm not really sure if I'm awake or asleep and I'm sorry to say I'm keeping going on chocolate and coffee.
No gym this week either...dare I look at the scaleson weighing in day tomorrow? If I don't hurry up with those 4lbs this could be the longest thread in history!
Geneve:dizzy:

SueMoo
11-19-2001, 02:20 AM
Hi all. Oh Geneve, poor little Ted... My niece just got over that - it is going around here in Las Vegas too. I hope he is feeling better now. You must be exhausted, between tending for your wee sick Leo, and now Ted. (I love the name Ted, so cute...) What on earth was Ted's teacher thinking!?!

Got my wisdom teeth out on Friday. It really sucked. I truly would rather have a C-Section again, than have my wisdom teeth out. Seriously, the pain has been 10 times worse. The pain pills they gave me just made me sick - I threw up all day on Saturday (too much information, I know, sorry). At least I'm sure I lost weight this weekend, ha-ha-ha.

Here in the States, we have Thanskgiving on Thursday, which usually involves tons of eating. We are having TWO Thanksgiving meals - one with DH's family on Thursday, and one with mine on Friday. Luckily for me, I'm not too big of a fan of typical Thanksgiving foods (turkey, stuffing, pie, etc.), so hopefully I won't eat too much... We'll see!

Sent DH to the store to buy a really good scale on Saturday, and he came home with a $20 piece of junk - and then wondered why it didn't seem accurate. Arg.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Take care all.

Jen
11-19-2001, 02:08 PM
Hi all. very quick post as Drake is wailing. He weighed 13.2 lbs at the dr on Friday, took his needle with barely a wail, just screwed up his face when it went in, thought about crying and then decided it wasn't that bad.:)

as for me the TOM has really played havoc. I have had major headaches for the past few days, Thursday I wanted to take the whole bottle of Tylenol it was so bad. The diet has been poor and the exercise not good for the past couple of days. I did get on my exercise bike for about 20 minutes so that is a step in the right direction.

Sue - sorry to hear about your teeth, I hate having teeth pulled, I've had a couple done and you are right, I'd rather have another c-sec. Hope you are feeling better.

geneve - oh how awful that one kid gets over the cold and now the other has this! I'd be mad as anything too. Talk about irresponsibility! Hope he is better soon.

Hope all is well with you ladies and your little ones. Take care.

geneve
11-19-2001, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the sympathy! Truly it's appreciated.
I will get to the gym tomorrow...I TOLD my mother she was looking after Ted for an hour or else. She's not thrilled, she likes 'quality' time with the kids, meaning when they are at their best.
I can't wait, seems like an eternity since I was alone.
Will also be taking a new slant on the weight loss starting tomorrow, I'll tell you more if it works.
DH's contract finishes on Thursday and he'll be atking some time off in which he'll be having his wisdom teeth out. From what you say he'll be driving me mad as he has typical male pain tolerence. Having said that I had a root canal done a few weeks back and I also agree, section is better than teeth.
Anyway. going to veg out in front of the telly with a glass of wine. Yeah, I know I shouldn't but I know I will so off I go......

Dreamer
11-20-2001, 12:30 AM
geneve - sorry to hear about Ted! Is he doing better? Poor kid. Charlotte hasn't been sick yet (touch wood), had a runny nose one night for a few hours, but that's it so far. Not looking forward to when she does get ill, will be yucky...

suemoo - ouch! I loath the dentist. I really need to go too, I'm one of those women whose teeth got very sensitive (and no doubt full of cavities) when pregnant. I suppose once we get some $ I should go.

Re a naming day, if people are curious - it's basically a non-religious christening. We just did it in our backyard and had a BBQ after. Very simple, but lovely. My bf and I each read a poem the other had written and we had a lovely celebrant. We then signed a certificate and her grandparents also got certificates.

Weight loss, urgh. Been a very bad week. I'm ill and SO tired, so haven't gymmed and overate so much at the ceremony/BBQ (I'm a very nervous host etc) and yesterday too. Tomorrow is my day off, so Im planning to sleep lots to try and get better and will head back to the gym on Thursday.

Let's move girls,
Sam
179/146/130

SueMoo
11-20-2001, 11:31 AM
I'm so sick. Blarg. Here is my morning: wake up at 6AM in horrible pain, eat nutri-grain bar (supposed to eat before taking pill), take pill; 7AM -pill makes me sick anyway (and does NOTHING for my pain) and I throw everything up. Not sure if I threw up the pill and should I take another or not - so I take two Advil instead. I'm waiting for something to kick in. Feel nauseaus. I'm sure I will repeat this throughout the day, just like yesterday. To top it all off, although I usually work from home, today my bosses are in town, and I have to go work with them at their home for the day. So I don't even get to throw up in private. Arg.

Good news is - since joining WW, I have lost 12 pounds. I attribute my weight loss success to.... getting my wisdom teeth out. Oh well.

Oops, baby awake, I'll finish later, after work. take care all,
Sue

geneve
11-22-2001, 05:39 AM
EEW Sue, sounds vile! Actually sounds pregnant!
I like the sound of the naming ceremony, I'm under HUGE pressure from my familyto get Leo christened, we didn't maange it woth Ted until he was 3, mainly because DH & Icome fromdifferent religious backgrounds.Wouldn't bother him as he doesn't go to church at all, but his familtdo, and his uncle is a minister. Bad enough we didn;t let him marry us but horrified when I wanted ted babtised at my church.
I'm thinking of just getting Leo 'done' with no party etc and seeing if we can get away with it.
DHs last day of the contract today and still no sign on permanent work. And yes, I do eat more when Im worried and my weight is creeping up. Now just 8 lbs from my heaviest and I'm feeling frantic today. the WW CD is going in the PC and staying there. Mainly I'm worried about xmas...we have enough cash to get by but after thatt, welll. and DH is prone to buying over expensive giftes which is swell when the money is there....last year I got a piano...this year I'm asking for some music!
Ted much better, not at school yet and well enough to me driving me mad. Must dash and entertain the little darlings ...

my best wishes to you all,
Geneve
:^:

Jen
11-22-2001, 02:08 PM
Hi all. How is everyone today? I am pretty good. Drake has been really good these past few day. NIght before last he actually slept in til almost 5:30 but last night woke at his usual time. I think I could have just put a pacifier in his mouth and he would have gone back to sleep right away but I got him up for a bottle. Still it gives me hope that he will sleep through the night.

I've been getting out for my daily walks though yesterday I almost had to force myself out the door. Today is nice and sunny so I'll probably be leaving shortly. I've been biking on and off too on my exercise bike. The diet has not been fantastic, eating when I am bored mostly.

Sue - sorry to hear you are sick, did you try Gravol? That stuff knocks me for a loop but it really settles your stomach.

Geneve - The hubby and I aren't religious either, I have no idea if I was baptized or not, probably not as my mother and father aren't religious. I doubt we will have Drake baptized, I'm not even sure what it is all about. Sorry to hear about your financial problems, my husband tends to the expensive stuff too and I get really upset about it too. Why can't men have simple things that don't cost a lot of money? If you are really tight for money why don't you say nothing for us just for the kids. That is what we are going to do this year.

Sam - did you get back to the gym? I had a membership for years and hardly ever went. I liked it when I did go but I was too lazy about it.

Take care all.

Jen
11-27-2001, 09:47 AM
HELLO EVERYONE!!! Where are you?????

I'm starting to feel like I am talking to myself and I do enough of that with the baby.:)

bc
11-27-2001, 04:02 PM
Sorry Jen, I am reading your postings just not replying. Sometimes it is because I have a baby on my lap (who has taken new interest in the keyboard) and sometimes because there is nothing new to add.

I still need to work out some exercise program. When the baby is napping I can't do it because I want to hear music. When she is up she is demanding my attention. If it isn't her it is my other two kids or my husband.

To think we wonder why we get so out of shape...................

Barb

geneve
11-27-2001, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting, it's been a fraught time. My brother's nephew died on monday, he was a great young man and like a brother to my neices, it has been a horrible few days. he got meningitis on Saturday. Only 20. three friends gone this year, all under 40. I'm not taking this one very well at all, I can't get to the funeral which is in the republic of Ireland as Leo doesn't have a passport, though I expect that's a good thing, i could not bear to look at his poor Mother's face.
Stuff the weight loss ladies, just keep your little ones safe.
I'll be back to normal later, sorry for posting this really, but I just had to have a vent...
Geneve

geneve
11-27-2001, 04:42 PM
Oh, we must all be on here at the same time...double apologies if I'm bringing you down.

Jen
11-28-2001, 08:24 AM
Hi all. Geneve, I'm so sorry to hear of this young man's death. It is always so sad to hear of such a young person dying. I'm sorry you are going through a rough time. I hope things get better soon. Barb, it's okay that you are lurking, I often have Drake on my lap and it gets tiresome to type with one hand!

Not much new with me. I posted a 1lbs loss but I think I have gained that back. I really need to cut back on the carbs and start drinking more water. I have a water bottle with me right now and I'm trying to get at least half a bottle down before breakfast. The other day I ate 4 dinner rolls with cheese and butter for lunch. :( I think I can do better than that! Exercising is a little better. Last week I got in a walk every day I think but I missed the weekend and yesterday so I'll have to do better today.

Well I hope everyone has a good day and we'll talk again soon. Take care.

Scully
11-28-2001, 03:31 PM
Hey you guys, it's been a while - huh? It was getting so hard to post here and at the other site that I really slowed down at the end of my pregnancy.

Well, let me back up and tell you some stuff as fast as I can. I mean, before the baby wakes up.

I delivered a healthy baby boy on Wednesday September 26th, 2001 - by cesarean...I ended up getting the cautious doctor on my delivery date, and she basically forced me into the section. Fortunately, I have since recovered quite nicely and am learning what it means to be a mommy to a newborn again. Do you still call a 2 month old a newborn? Does the time pass too quickly?
His name is Aidan Connor - he was 8 and 1/2 pounds and 19 and 1/2 inches long at birth.

He is now 2 months old and as of yesterday, he is 13 pounds 3 ounces and 24 and 1/2 inches! Yes, he is a BIG boy indeed. And he is SO wonderful!

So fast forward to now. I am thinking about getting back in shape now that I have my nursing established and he is obviously thriving. :smug: I was going to go to weight watchers today to sign up but I didn't end up going. I'm just wondering if I should start keeping track on my own and doing the points without them. If I have to spend money, I'd rather join a mothers group.

Is anyone here familiar with how many points you get while nursing?

After having the baby, the weight really just dropped off of me. I lost it so fast! Now I am stablizing and I am actually several pounds lighter than I was prepregnancy. My body however is not tight, and I would like to start losing slowly and firming it up.

I hope that everyone is having a great time with thier babies!

I did want to say hello to you all - some names are familiar and some are not so familiar to me. Take care and hope to talk to you all more often, when I get the chance!

Best wishes,
Scully and Monkeybean AKA Bellybean AKA Aidan Connor :lol:

Jen
11-28-2001, 04:01 PM
scully!!! so great to hear from you!! I'm really glad to hear that things went well and you had a healthy baby boy. What a nice name too. It sounds like he is about the same size as Drake who was 13.2 lbs and 25" at 9 weeks. He is almost 11 weeks now and I think he has grown more in 2 weeks. It is just unreal.

Glad to hear that the lbs just dropped off you, I lost all but 9 lbs within the first few weeks too.
I still feel extremely flabby especially my belly which wasn't all that taunt to begin with, it has just gotten worse with the pregnancy. Well I guess I'm going to have to start doing some ab work.

I can't help you with the points but if you want to count calories or anything like that there is a great site www.fitday.com where you can register and do food and exercise journalling. Hope you post again soon. take care.

SueMoo
11-28-2001, 11:13 PM
Hi there! Sorry it's been so long - I've been in toothache ****. Not only did I have the wisdom tooth pain, but I developed an absess, and an infected wisdom tooth socket. (Man, I sound like a little old lady chronicling my aches and pains.) So I spent Thanksgiving and a few days before it wacked out of my mind on painkillers. And I do mean OUT OF MY MIND. I don't do well on pain pills. On Thanksgiving (the 22nd?) I had deteriorated to running around the house telling my husband, "I have to get out of my skin," "I have to get out of my body." Since I got so nutty, I stopped taking the pain pills, and just went on Advil. The pain was still very intense, so when I didn't absolutely have to be awake, I would sleep. Thank heavens my hubby was an angel, and was the primary caregiver for a few days. I'm still in a little pain, but its getting much better.

I'm so sorry about your brother's nephew Geneve. I hope that your family is ok - I'll keep them in my prayers.

Jen - CONGRATULATIONS on Drake sleeping through the night!!! Is he keeping it up? That's so awesome. I was telling DH the other day that "normal" people (people without children) don't understand how great that is. I would say, "my baby is sleeping through the night." And they say, "That's good." And I'm like, "No, you don't understand - MY BABY IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!" They don't understand what an EVENT it is.

Hi Scully! I don't know you, but welcome! Congratulations on your little one. I had a cesarean too. About the points, you can go to weightwatchers.com, and go to the bulletin boards and ask someone there what the extra points for nursing are. I will look it up for you next time I'm there. I'm a WW online member - meaning I don't go to meetings, but I do get an on-line journal, an on-line points calculator, weight tracking charts, and a few other things. I like it. It's about $10 per month. I think.

I started really working out this week. I am doing weight training three days a week, and some form of cardio the other three (rollerblading, walking, or low impact video tapes). So far (I'm on day 5), I've done really well, if I do say so myself. I'm also doing some different kinds of crunches and things every night. I'm very sore, but I'm already feeling fitter. (I know - a 212 pound woman feeling fit? But I DO!) I'm doing pretty good on WW, not great, but fairly good.

Found a great site, getting2goal.com - very inspirational!

Arg, have to go, baby crying. Hugs to you all.

geneve
11-29-2001, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone,
Scully, good to hear from you, I've missed you.I love the name too.
Things are looking up here Leo's cold improving, although he's now def. teething, there's dribble everywhere, it's like having a boxer dog in the house! He's still sleeping king, off at about 8pm and I usually have to wake him at 8am. However, he only catnaps in the day, 10-15 minutes at a time unless I'm in the car with him. All in all I'd rather have the night time sleep, and I remember Ted was just the same.
Thanks for your kind words, by the way, much appreciated.
I'm feeling thinner. The scales don't show it but the exercise is paying off and I am able to work out harder at the gym. Wobbly belly slightly less wobbly and legs of the trousers feel looser.I will confess though, i am supposed to do loads of sit ups at the gym and I don't because I'm useless at them and too proud! I must start or i will have a big belly forever.
Soo...you poor thing. Tooth pain is the worst.
Right, better get picking up all the toys and see if the carpet is under here somewhere.
Geneve

geneve
12-02-2001, 02:27 PM
at last...the scales moved the right way...a little bit!:)

SueMoo
12-03-2001, 12:15 PM
Sounds like you're doing great Geneve. Congratulations on your loss... Oh, poor Leo. Megan has a cold too - I gave it to her, poor baby. She is sniffling and snarfling, it's so sad... DH is taking her to the doctor this morning.

I've lost a total of 14.5 since joining weight watchers. I'm happy about that, but I have SO FAR to go, that it is discouraging. I still
want to lose 60 more pounds. I think the weight training (along with the walking) is helping me.

Well, I'm very boring today, not much to say....

Hope you all have a great Monday.

Take Care,
Sue

------------------------------------------
249: Highest pregnancy weight
225: Date joined WW
210.5: Current
150: Goal

geneve
12-03-2001, 02:11 PM
Sue, you don't know what you're missing counting everything in pounds...now if you were this side of the pond you could say 'I've lost more than a stone' which is a big deal. I would LOVE to lose a stone. Actually, i'd like to lose pretty much the same as my strapping 4-year-old-weighs PLUS the weight of baby Leo, which is apt as it's having them that put it on in the first place!
Am drinking a glass of wine as I write but I'm celebrating, DH FINALLY heard about the job he has been waiting on for 6 months, he goes to see them tomorrow for a start date etc. Even better, the phone call came while my Father was here giving us his'I've never had a day out of work in my life' lecture. The news shout him up before he got to the 'If you ever need to borrow any money, I never thought I'd see my daughter go without' which is the bit where DH tends to boil over...
Well, Sue you're an inspiration...I'm back on the wagon again.
Sorry to hear about the colds, this is a wretched time of year isn't it? Thank goodness for Christmas.
Geneve

bc
12-03-2001, 04:54 PM
Well I want to lose the weight of my nine year old, six year old, and baby!!!!!!!

I am getting seriously bummed because I seem to be putting on weight no matter how much or little I eat. I stopped raiding the candy, haven't had sweets, ignore the potatoe chips, and try to drink a whole lot. Nothing seems to be working. I know it is because my thyroid is off and the meds haven't kicked in yet but it is really bumming me out! I never gained weight this quickly before. I have always been a large person but this is ridiculus!

Sad thing is I doubt sticking to WW will do anything to improve things.

I have no energy and Feel totally blah! If I didn't know better I would think I was depressed. I don't think I am, I think it is just the thyroid and metabolism thing.

On the good side, Isabelle is eating foods now. She has had the mushy stuff and is now onto Cheerios. She loves it. I think I waited too long to give her foods because once she got them she was ready to fly with the whole idea. We never even introduced the foods one by one because she was READY! My mother was here when we started and she saw how fast Is went from accepting the spoon, to looking for it, to wanting her own spoon, to picking up food herself. All this in about three days. Yea, she was ready.:lol:

I went shopping today for some holiday presents for the kids. I am giving soap and such to friends and adults but the kids need toys. :D

Congrats on the loss! I am glad you are doing well. Geneve glad your husband got the job. It can be stressful not knowing what you will be doing or if you will be doing it.

Barb

Jen
12-04-2001, 01:22 PM
Hi all. Not much new here. I have new incentive to lose weight though. My mom and I had a fight about me losing or rather not losing weight and how she deals with me about it and the upshot was that she promised to quit smoking if I could lose weight. Then she said she wouldn't say another word about it which will be nice. I hated listening to her talk about losing weight when she has never really had a weight problem. She loses weight by starving herself but of course it comes right back. She still doesn't seem to see anything wrong with that method though.

Drake has been really fussy with his bottles the past couple of days. Yesterday afternoon and evening he didn't want his bottles at all, it took hours to feed him. Then overnight he took his bottles fine then this morning he is being fussy again. Finally I just gave up and figured he will let me know when he feels like eating. so he really hasn't eaten much since 7am but he is starting to make some noise now, maybe he is hungry. Well I'll go and see what is going on with him.

bc - have you been exercising at all? Even going out for a walk might make you feel a bit better. I know exercising always elevates my mood. Maybe it will get you out of blahdom.

geneve - I have my fingers crossed that your hubby gets this job! by the way, how many pounds is in a stone?

sue - sorry to hear your baby has a cold. I am dreading Drake's first one but I know it is inevitable.

Take care all.

Jen
12-05-2001, 08:24 AM
HAPPY DANCE!!!!! :) :D I am all kinds of happy because Drake slept through the night again! 11pm til 6:15am. I haven't been in bed so long since before he was born. My back is sore from laying down for so many hours. Please, please, please let this be the beginning of non-stop sleeping through the night! He took a bottle quickly this morning and went back to sleep.:angel:

So not much new since yesterday. I did my walk and did some bike riding too. I think I am doing okay with the diet though I bought these almond cookies that are just amazing and I've eaten way too many of them. Well I'll know not to buy them again. They are just too good.

I read Carnie Wilson's book Gut Feelings and I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand I came away from reading it thinking that she is just full of it. While I certainly believe that being overweight can be connected to emotional problems I don't believe that it is 100% responsible. On the other hand I feel that because of her being famous and society's demands that famous people be thin and beautiful that she was under too much pressure which certainly didn't help matters. My own opinion about this kind of surgery is that it should be a last ditch effort and I think with her that she still could have lost weight without surgery. But that is me, obviously she felt differently.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Take care.

SueMoo
12-07-2001, 03:00 AM
Hi all. We are FINALLY all better and healthy. Yippee!

Jen, that is so great! I am crossing my fingers and toes for you, that he keeps it up. GO DRAKE! Good for you for sticking up for yourself to your mom. Man, PARENTS! They know just what to say to get under your skin, huh? (Oh MAN, I hope Megan never says that about me.)

About Carnie... Sometimes I think that people overanalyze their weight problems. Undoubtedly we all have problems, undoubtedly some people have very severe emotional problems, but is that why we have a weight problem? Personally (and this is JUST me), I don't think I am overweight because of any underlying psychological problems - I am overweight because I lack discipline. Once I got married, I relaxed, and gained lots of weight. I stopped exercising, and started eating like my hubby (and why on earth would a 5'4" woman think she should eat as much as a 6' man?). I guess could blame it on a variety of things that have happened in my life, but I really don't think that's it. I think that I'm naturally lazy when it comes to exercise, and I LOVE food. Again, I'm only speaking for myself - I know that everyone is very different. Anyway, enough of that...

Geneve - I like saying that, "I've lost a stone." Of course nobody has a clue what it means, but it makes me feel better. :> CONGRATULATIONS to your hubby about the job. That was too perfect about your dad's phone call. I'll say it again, PARENTS!

Barb, I'm so sorry you are feeling poorly... Can't remember if I told you this (if so, forgive me) - my sister had surgery on her thyroid for the same reason, and afterwards, she felt like a new person - just FULL of energy. Isabelle sounds like a doll. I can't wait till Megan can eat real foods, should be fun. Messy, but fun.

Thanks to you all for the congratulations - it gives me the warm fuzzies. It's depressing though, not a single person that I know (except DH, who is SO supportive), has noticed my loss. *$%@#! I know that you probably can't SEE much difference between a 249 pound and a 210 pound person - they are both still very overweight... So I'm trying not to let it affect me. I figure when I'm down in the 180s or 190s, people will notice. Or I'll kill them. I was looking back at video we shot a few weeks after Megan was born, and I can really tell a difference.

My workouts have been going good - haven't missed one so far. I don't know if its working... I've made a pledge to myself to only get on the scale once a week, since it was starting to freak me out. I would retain water one day, show a gain, and get upset. I can't wait till next Monday. But my legs are starting to feel really strong.

Well ladies, hope to hear from you soon. Take care till then!
Sue

SueMoo
12-08-2001, 02:44 AM
Hi there. Just moving us up, so that we don't get lost.

By the way, I tried a new kind of workout today - Callanetics. From the looks of the people on the tape it probably came out in the 80s. It is a combination of things - kind of like Pilates, stretching, etc. It KICKED MY BUTT. Seriously, it was so hard, but I feel so good now. It would be so nice to eventually be so strong and flexible and toned, like the people on the tape... I think I'm going to try to do it twice a week, in addition to my regular routine. I feel all stretched out and my body really feels worked out.

Since we're mostly all in the same boat - do any of you know what exercises we can do to firm up our baby gut muscles? I am doing lots of crunches right now, but I can only feel my upper ab muscles getting affected, and not the lower ones. Any ideas?

Have a good weekend guys....
Sue

Jen
12-08-2001, 01:24 PM
Hi all. Unfortunately that was it for Drake sleeping through the night. Well that is okay, it will come with time. Luckily he usually takes his bottle quietly and goes back to sleep right away.

Have not had a great couple of days. My sister in law came by last night with the wedding photos. I hate having my picture taken, being overcritical of how I look, so I wasn't thrilled looking at them. I think even more than the pictures I have had my hubby take of me in a leotard that they will inspire me to lose weight. I guess I figure that when I am in regular clothes that somehow I look better or at the very least less fat than when I am in the leotard. Unfortunately I look the same. I felt very disappointed because I thought I looked okay at the wedding. I suppose I am being overcritical and I'm sure I looked presentable.

I've still been working out but my diet could be better. I wish I knew some lower ab workouts, I desperately need to start firming up that area even if there is a layer of fat on top, at least it is a start. I'll have a look through all the books I have and see what I can find.

Sue - I'm glad that you share my feelings about people blaming their weight on emotional problems. Honestly I feel that my weight problem is a lack of willpower and discipline. I know that there are women out there who have been abused and they have weight problems and there I would say yes I can see that. I think mom and dad get blamed too much though. I gained most of my weight long after I moved out of my mom's house so how can I blame it on her?

Well drake is starting to fuss so I'll sign off for now. Everyone have a great weekend. Take care.

SueMoo
12-10-2001, 12:50 PM
Hi ladies. Oh Jen, I can totally relate to everything you said about the pictures. Its so hard to know what we REALLY look like to other people. Especially since I feel like I look different in almost every picture I have taken. I just looked back at some video we took at the hospital right before I went in for my C-Section, and I can't believe how HUGE, HUGE, HUGE my face is. I had 3 chins. I knew I was heavy, but I didn't know I looked THAT big. I know that for a long time, I haven't had an accurate body image. It really threw me at the ultrasound place (at my four month checkup when I hadnt even gained any weight yet) when the nurses said they had to see if they had a gown big enough for me. I think I thought of myself as just "a little chubby." I don't know why I thought that people couldn't see the pounds - I thought I was a pro at disguising them, but I guess you really can't hide that much. I was in denial I think. Wake up call for me.

I went to a family thing last night, and everyone commented on my hair (which I got cut on Friday) - saying it made me look more slender in the face. I just wanted to laugh - it wasn't the hair. They don't know I'm on WW. So maybe it is starting to be noticeable. I'm down 3 more pounds today - to 207. I was able to move down from my fattest jeans, to my next fattest jeans this weekend, which was a good feeling. I wear mens jeans from the GAP. I was wearing 38 x 30, now I'm wearing 36 x 30. Can't wait to move into 34s...

Man, I am eating really terrible things. I am staying within my WW point ranges, but in a kind of unhealthy way. Lots of Skinny Cows (2 points), fudgesicles (2 points), Blue Bunny crunchsicles (2 points), etc. I need to start thinking about the KINDS of things I eat. I also need to start cooking more. Right now, I just grab a WW or HC meal, and cook that - because I know exactly how many points, it is easy, etc. We had Lean Cuisine Chicken Lasagna (family style) last night, and it was really good. DH actually had seconds, and said he's going to eat some of the leftovers today for lunch too. Some of the healthy meals taste like cardboard, so its great to find some that are good...

I bought 8 minute abs, so I'll let you know if I come across any good exercises for the lower ab area... I'm sending you sleep vibes for Drake. Megan is still sick, we took her to the doctor again on Saturday because she was gagging on the mucus, and they finally gave her a prescription.

Well, talk to you all soon (I hope, I hope!!!)

Sue

249: Highest pregnancy weight
225: Date joined WW
207.5: Current
150: Goal

Jen
12-11-2001, 12:08 PM
Sue - congrats on going down a few more pounds. Good work!!! I too have not been eating the best. I wimped out and bought Martha's cookie magazine and downloaded a cookie recipe off the internet but after I saw those pictures I don't have the heart to bake because I know I will end up eating most of them. Still I have been indulging in a bit too much chocolate (my weakness) and not drinking enough water. I got all my exercise and diet books out hoping that they will inspire me. Now I just have to arrange my time a bit better so I can workout. Oh about the ab exercises, the entire front of your ab is one big muscle and there are separate muscles along the sides too. So any ab work you do that effects that front muscle should effect all parts of it BUT I did read in one of my books that reverse crunches are more effective for the lower part of the muscle, any exercise that says reverse something will benefit the lower ab. Hope that helps.

Drake is still waking up once a night, usually around 3 or 4 though last night he went to bed at 11pm and didn't wake up til 4:30 so I thought that was pretty good. Not much new going on. Finally started Xmas shopping but I will only go first thing in the morning and quit by noon. After that it is too insane. I can't stand the crowds at the mall and WalMart is just as bad. Only the really small stores are usually okay in the afternoon.

anyway drake is starting to fuss, I think he needs a diaper change. He has been eating kind of funny, talk to you about it later if I can get back on today. Take care all.

geneve
12-11-2001, 06:59 PM
aarggggh.
Just spent ages writing a new reply and the $^&*&^)&^) ISP logged me out and lost it all.
SO in brief:
14lbs in a stone.Losing half or a stone is a big deal. Wish I could get a haircut that made me look like I'D lost all that :lol:
I've got a cold, kids are driving me mad...well the 4 year old is...he staging a total revolt and I'm at my wits end up to him 3 or 4 times each night.
PARENTS...well I did go into that but probalbly why i got logged off. i do blame mine for just about all of my hang ups as they are both pretty awful and turned what looks like a sweet little girl into the wreck I am today, but i will somehow get over it. a brilliant book if you have parent trouble is called 'toxic parents' , can't remeber the author offhand but will if you are interested.
No matter what my 4 year old may think, I am a good Mummy if nothing else...after storming off to his bedroom he wrote me a note which said 'nobody likes me from Ted' (obviously the speeling wasn't all OK but you could read it, which made me proud) and I was feeling awful about it, in case he thought I didn't love him orcare how he feels and as ever I went right back to my childhood and the abuse and beatings my dear parents dished out and I know I'm OK because I don't hit him and I do tell him how great he is and how much I love him. I just WISH he'd start sleeping though the night....oh well.
Anyway my dears, time to go and make his lunch and try not to eat anything whiole I'm in the kitchen.
Please, please, please let this thinning thing start working for me, I'm weary of lugging round all this emotional baggage and the weight I use to protect myself. I do believe somehow, some way i will be rid of it all.
Geneve

SueMoo
12-11-2001, 08:53 PM
Hi there... Having a not so good day here - I'm almost out of WW points, and it's only 4:30. Had a small leftover lasagna incident today. It was lean cuisine lasagna, but I guess you still shouldn't eat 3 servings at a time. For lunch. Sigh. :nono:

Jen, thanks for the info on the abs. I didn't know that! I did the 8 minute ab tape last night with DH, and it just about killed me. But I'm going to keep at it. Underneath all of my fat layers, I will have really strong ab muscles, lol... I'm drinking almost no water at all - that is what I'm really bad at. Bad me. I hate Christmas shopping too, I would do it all on the net, but I'm worried about it getting here on time.

Geneve - your 4 year old's note cracks me up - how clever and adorable. :lol: You'll have to save that for when he's older. You sound like a really good mom.

I definitely have parent trouble too - well, mom trouble (my dad died when I was 22) - I don't think she's responsible for my weight or anything, I did that on my own - but she really emotionally crippled me for lots of years. I was quite a basket case from 13 - 20. Very suicidal and unhappy. She has great relationships with her sons, & terrible relationships with her daughters. She was very cold, uninvolved, and emotionally unavailable while I was growing up - and it continues today. For example, she lives less than 3 miles from me, and has seen Megan exactly 4 times since she was born, including 3 times when she just happened to see her at family birthday parties.

I had to make a decision and say, you know what, she WAS a bad mother, she DID make me feel horrible about myself, but I'm not going to let her have that much power over the rest of my life - I can CHOOSE to be happy in spite of her - I have that power. I try to ignore her most of the time. And I figure I should just feel sorry for her - she is missing out on getting to know some great people - all 5 of her daughters. Her loss, not ours. But she still drives me crazy.

Also, I want to close by saying that I HATE CARDIO. I just don't like doing it. I would rather do weights or toning or something, but I guess I have to do it. But... I HATE IT!!!! :devil:
Man, I always write too much. I really am not this much of a talker in real life. I'm actually quite bashful... You would never know it from my ultra long posts.... Sorry!!!

Take care,
Lazy Susan :>

Jen
12-12-2001, 08:50 AM
Morning all.

Geneve - you are a good mom! You have broken the cycle of abuse and I'm sure your son knows you love him. I don't know much about kids but I do know that they can be sunshine one minute and a thunderbolt the next. Everything will work out, just keep telling him you love him and how great he is.

Sue - now I love Cardio, I love walking and biking. I haven't worked my way up to doing weights yet, finally got my weight bench out yesterday and set up so I can do some weights. Now just have to find the time! I'm starting to stay up more in the mornings rather than go back to bed all the time. Drake doesn't keep me up that much during the night that I need to sleep quite this much.

Oh talking about Drake. He is eating kind of funny these past few days. He'll take his bottle at night and first thing in the morning fine. Otherwise it seems like if I try to feed him every 3 hours or so he isn't interested. I think he isn't as hungry as often. I've been trying to feed him on the same schedule but he'll only take a couple of ounces then he'll start crying. then I'll keep trying to feed him over the course of then next hour or so and eventually he'll take the rest of the bottle. I think what I will do is make bottles with more formula and wait until he is good and hungry before I feed him. Maybe he is starting to what more formula but less often. Has anyone else had this problem? He is 3 months old now.

Well I just finished breakfast so I think I'll go ride my bike for a bit while Drake is still sleeping. Take care all.

geneve
12-12-2001, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone,
jen,just a quickie...we had the same thing with Leo, he just seemed to lose interest which was one of the reasons I started him on solids early BUT DH spoke to the health visitor about it and she said it might well be the teeth moving about under the gums. Apparently this happens beofre the teething thing proper begins and it can be uncomfortable for them to suck.
I think she was right as the forst tooth is through now.She suggested a bottle of water from the fridge, not sure if it helped us but might help you!
I can stand anything but the treadmill which is dull, dull, dull! best of all are the leg machines 'cos my legs are very strong and I feel like I'm good at it!
Sorry about moaning about Ted and my folks...I should write it all down properly and get it out of my system.
Sue, you're right your Mother is the one missing out.
Geneve ;)

bc
12-12-2001, 05:36 PM
I went to get my blood tested yesterday. I was suppose to get it done 4-6 weeks after I started the medicine and since I think I really need a change I got it done as soon as I could. Hopefully they will increase the thyroid meds and I will have a bit more energy.

I feel so overwhelmed this time of year! We really don't exchange persents with many people so it isn't the buying presents as much as there has to be a holiday party just about everywhere. That means cooking something to bring and packing up the kids to go to it.

Isabelle is crawling now so she needs more watching. She seems to LOVE paper so we have to chase after her and make sure she doesn't get it in her mouth. She was picking up such small bits off the floor I decided to start her eating Cherrios. She can pick up those little bits and loves to melt them in her mouth. I guess her eating regular food is a given now. She fusses if we don't give her some of what we are eating. Of course this means less time for myself because she is all over the place and more time watching her.

I have decided to try a crafts business type thing to make some extra money. I have always made lots of crafts and it was really a matter of finding what to sell. I make earrings, dolls, floor cloths, sewing, and many other things. Mostly I make things because I like them but I don't have the money to buy them.....plus some of them are so easy to make. Anyway I decided soap might be something I could make and sell. I have been making Cold Process soap here and am now in the midst of packaging it. My sister is a graphic designer and she designed labels for me. I have lots of work putting those labels on though. I am thinking of doing craft sales eventually but right now I am selling them by word of mouth to friends. The soaps are nice so when people try them they tend to like them. Also thanks to my sister they look real good too. :smug:

Now to the diet stuff. I love Cardio I just haven't been able to do it in awhile because of all the zillions of other things I have to do. I have my machine staring at me asking me when I will ride her again. Soon soon.........

Barb

SueMoo
12-14-2001, 01:47 AM
Hi there! Just a quick post. Had a disastrous couple of days, diet/exercise wise. Megan is still sick, but starting to get better. She has been having a very hard time getting to sleep, & DH has been working nights, so my night-time exercise went out the window. I ate way too much on Tuesday too. Felt kind of bummed about that. But today I'm back on track - just finished my weight training and my ab tape. Megan is fast asleep, and I'm going to sit and enjoy ER in a few minutes...

Barb - good to hear from you... I really hope that they are able to give you some medication that will help. When will you find out your results? What kinds of crafts do you make? I love crafts! I can't make them, but love to go to the craft mall to BUY them. :> Can't wait till Megan joins Isabella in the wonderful world of solids... Geneve - moan away... no better (or more anonymous) place to do it! Jen - I hope Drake's eating has sorted itself out... I wish I loved cardio. Well, maybe I am starting to like it a little - ah, who am I kidding - I still hate it.

Take care all...

geneve
12-14-2001, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone,
Barb, LOVE the soap idea, had no idea it was easy to make, I bought some of those for stocking fillers this year and they are lovely, but expensive. My favourite is one where the soap is clear and in a little plastic bag and they have put a rubber goldfish in it...I guess this might not translate but here you could always win a goldfish in a bag at fairs etc. We loved it as kids, poor fish!
I should be at a friends now, I dis my hoovering etc early, then my Mother and Step father dropped in and little Leo was awake through it all. I finally sat him down to lunch with just enough time to feed him before going and now he's fallen asleep, in the middle of his dinner, in his chair! Bless his little cotton socks.
Ah well, I suppose I could try and get him into his car seat, but I think I'll probably not bother.
Food was Ok today then ate 3 chocolate biscuits with my coffee! I went grocey shopping last night and managed to avoid buying most of the Christmassy stuff but the biscuits just lept into the trolley!
Anyone got any good low fat/calorie Christmas recipes? I'm going to have alook on the recipe page later and see if I can find an alternative to the mince pies and cake...
Ho Ho Ho
Geneve:dizzy:

geneve
12-17-2001, 05:41 AM
HI CHRISTMAS HOTTIES!!:)
As you may be able to tell, I'm feeling GOOD...and it IS Christmas 'cos I got on the scale this morning for the first time in weeks expecting the worst and a good 6lbs has gone.
I was so surprised I ran downstairs in the nude to ask DH if he thought the scales were broken!
So as per my promise I'm just going to start the next thread. I thought this one would go on forever!
Geneve:lol: