Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 07:38 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Wednesday

Hi All,

I went to work yesterday and my assistant manager was looking sore and tired so I was really concerned, turns out she's pregnant!!! I swear there is something in the water now This is one trend I am trying to buck atleast for the next 4-5 years or so (I'm only 24, but so are so many of the people I know who are preggers,okay my excuse is that I am not in a super stable relationship yet (though my relationship is excellent, we havn''t been together that long) and I haven't started my career, ah much better).

I bought an awesome Columbia winter ski jacket yersterday. I might buy some snow pants this weekend, though I may try and see if the boy's extra large fits, in Canada you can't put provincial tax on kids clothes. In my store their boys and ggirls extra large fits me (the ladies small in my section of the store is way too big, then again they 'inflate a size', I am sure, putting things in the dryer helps though hehehehehehe)..... they didn't even fit me when I was the age they were suppose to, then again I was 147lbs when I was 12 and 6 inches shorter. I also bought some all-terrain runners yesterday for half price (originally about $90US and I got them for about $45US), so I'll use them for winter running. Also bought my xmas cards!!

Now I just need a pair of hikers for winter (my day to day boots) and a nice pair of boots for going out.... Still trying to catch up on all the clothes I need since dropping the weight (my feet even shrunk)!!

Nascar Jen: what is that WW recipe disk called? I am on a recipe kick right now.

Take care!

Ali
Old 11-07-2001, 08:50 AM   #2  
St. Bernard Owner

Hi! I didn't work out last night and I was really looking forward to the chance of working out, but when I got home my husband was already there and he was watching TV so I couldn't do a video. Also, he was really hungry so I started on dinner right away. He won't be home that early tonight and I'll be getting home before he does, so I will definitely work out tonight. I can't wait!

Ali~It sounds like you're having a great time buying new clothes. I really need some new dress pants, but I can't seem to find any that are long enough that fit right in the thighs. Either they're long enough and tight in the thigh area, or fit great in the thigh, but are too short.

I best get back to work. Have a great day all!

Shauna
Old 11-07-2001, 10:02 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Hello! Just stopping by to say hi - work has been crazy and I haven't even had time to lurk. Hopefully I will be able to catch up on everyone's lives later today!

Shauna - It's great that you look forward to working out. What a great attitutde you have!

Ali - Sounds like you've had a lot of fun shopping! I sometimes think I have a problem, I like shopping so much!!

I'll be back!
Jen
Old 11-07-2001, 10:16 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi. I used to post here for a while. I remember Ali (how could I not!) but it's been so long.

Anyway. My starting weight was 220 and I am only 4'10". I lost 41 pounds in 7 months - which was so awesome! But it took me 5 months to lose my last 9 pounds. But I did it!!

I got my 50-pound magnet yesterday, and I honestly think that my leader was more excited than I was. She was estactic and called her mom. I was her first 50-pound loser. It was also cool, because it was exactly my one year anniversary joining WW. I started on Nov 6th last year. 50 pounds on my one year anniversary was a lot of fun!

So that said... I have 60 more pounds to go! It feels so great to be 50 pounds lighter, and I can't imagine what it'll be like to be 60 more pounds lighter.

I think I was doing so well the first 7 months because I came here and found support, so I hope you guys won't mind if I come back.

I set a goal to lose 10 pounds by New Years. 15 would be better, but I want to be realistic since it's over the holdiays.

I thought maybe if I posted it here, I'd be more likely to stick to it since I'll be checking in with you ladies.

I hope you girls don't mind me joining in!!!

Lisa
220/170/110 4'10"
Old 11-07-2001, 11:18 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Welcome Back, Lisa!!

Boss is on a smoke break so this has to be quick.
I went to WI and gained .5# but that is water retention.
Hi to Ali, Shauna, Jen, Lisa and everyone else about to post!
Bye for now.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:06 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Shauna: I've been bad about working out, I've been walking, but I haven't been working out as in going to the gym much, though my gym is offering a free-weight training workshops for the next six weeks on evenings where I don't work and my boyfriend is playing volleyball so I think I'll sign up.

Lisa!: Of course I remember you, 50lbs is great! That is fantastic! You must be having a ball getting new clothes Still,I am glad you have decided to return. Its been quiet over the last few weeks.

JenK: I've been shopping too much, but it's so much fun!! Hehehehehehe

Stacey: .5 is definately nothing to worry about especially when its water weight! It'll be gone by next week

Take Care!

Ali
Old 11-07-2001, 02:49 PM   #7  
Woman on a Mission

Default Newbie

Hi,

My name is Pam and I'm 28 years old. I just joined Weight Watchers last Saturday because I felt like I needed the support and the structure of something to follow. So far so good. This is my fourth day OP and I don't remember the last time I was "good" for four days in a row. The most amazing thing is that I'm not hungry and I'm still eating foods I like just not as much and boy oh boy am I eating veggies......My husband is in shock. He's kind of a health nut and it amazes him how few good foods I put into my body. Now he's wondering when the aliens are going to give me back.

My weigh in was 207.6 lbs and my personal goal is 160 lbs. I have found the 3FC's board to be an amazing tool for support and inspiration. I hope you don't mind if I pop in to say hi and offer/receive encouragement. You all sound like you really support each other and I like that. It makes staying OP so much easier.

I work as an office accountant for a compressor repair/machine shop so I sit at a desk a lot. I've been married for four years to a wonderful guy who is very supportive. He married me when I weighed 205, saw me at 183 lbs. and still loves me even though I put it all back on. He's super supportive of the WW plan too. We have two dogs that are adorable and keep you running because they love to play and have their walks. Which is of course, good for me.

Well, sorry to ramble on. Hope you all have a great day.

Pam
Old 11-07-2001, 02:57 PM   #8  
A Yankee in Virginia

Welcome, Pam, welcome back Lisa! I'm 5" tall so I can emphasize with the pain of trying to lose weight when you're short. You've done much better than I. I lose 20 pounds in the first four months and have struggled ever since. I know I'm up right now, haven't been to WI in two weeks, and have been eating horribly.

Sigh.

On the bad-for-me note ... after election night winded down last night a bunch of us from the paper went out for beers and stayed out until 2 a.m., and that's because they closed the bar. I only had two beers, not horrible, but the worst was getting up at 7:30 a.m. because I had an early court hearing to cover. I am dragging quite a bit right now, but I doubt I'll even get out of here early, maybe 7 p.m.? That sucks. I need more coffee.

Well, I better run .,..
Old 11-07-2001, 03:18 PM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

KIM!! I remember you too. We had the short-girl talk a few times actually Thanks for welcoming me back. 20 pounds is awesome. and your goal is to lose 12 more by Christmas. We'll have to keep each other in check to reach our goals. I want to be 160 by Christmas/New Years. That's 10 pounds. I totally think we can do it. I know what it's like. I stopped drinking alcohol last February and saw the pounds fall off. But I've been going out more and drinking more since my birthday. I've said no more drinks until New Years. We'll see if I can do that!!

Ali - I do love the new clothes. I'm in a bad place though. I can no longer fit into anything at Lane Bryant... which was such a turning point. But the largest sizes at the Limited and Express are still too small, so I'm stuck with the Gap and Old Navy for at least 15 more pounds. It is exciting though. Thanks for welcoming me back.

Sammy - Welcome. I have to say, when I was posting here I was doing my very best. I think it's an awesome forum. That's why I'm back. My most recent milestone got me motivated again. You sound like a lucky woman with such a supportive husband. Good luck with your success!!!

StacyT - I remember you too. I haven't posted here since June or July... but hopefully I'll be back for a while. I want to reach my goal by my 27th birthday next Sept. that's 60 pounds in 10 months. Good to see some familiar faces.

Lisa

220/170/110 Ht: 4'10"
Jan 1 goal: 160
Old 11-07-2001, 03:52 PM   #10  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, I am in a munchy mood today and I am trying to avoid the snack machine. I have been very good with food the last few days and not going over my points (but I get 40 a day now that I am pg. You would think that would be enough, but when you are pg you can be really starved. I am drinking tons of water to fill me up and I will just sit here and plan dinner. I can not eat veyr much at one time as my stomach has been smushed so small due to this big baby taking up so much room, but I am eating non stop it seems.

Welcome back Lisa and congrats on the 50 lbs down. That is great. I am sure you will hit your goal. I have never really liked the Limited and Express. I don't like the Jr. cut of the clothes and I think they charge a lot for not great quality. Try Banana Republic (I know, still the GAP family of stores, but with some dif styles) and Ann Taylor. Since they are cut for women not jr., they should fit better. I just love to shop but right now I am not buying any me clothes (all though, I am sick to death of my maternity clothes) but I am in baby shopping heaven. I need to stop. I mean really, how many NB outfits does one kid need?

Ali: Your shopping sounds fun. Wow, you can fit into kids clothes. That is amazing. I don't think that will ever happen for me. I mean, I am 5'10" so I can't think they would make clothes for kids that size.

Kim: It is fun to go out and stay up late talking and drinking...but I am way to old for that now. I am always sleepy early and want to go home plus I can not do the day after anymore. Wow, there was a time when I could drink all night and then go to work and be right as rain the next day. And we are talking 4am bars. But not anymore. Oh well, don't think I mind trading in those days for a happy home, hubby and kids.

Pam: welcome to the group. Glad to have you. I have a very spoiled dog (cocker named Ginger) who takes a lot of energy. We love her tons. Hubby and I are expecting our first baby in 8 weeks and I think my poor dog in in for a rude awakening.

JenK: sorry work is so busy. Has that guy called you back? Keep us posted.

Shauna: I am tall and always have an issue with pants. They are always too short or too long if I get talls. Pants are hard. I have the best luck with Ann Taylor or Ann Taylor Loft. I really love their stuff and it fits very well. wow, you would think I did their PR teh way I send everyone there.

Well, I need to get back to work. Talk with you all soon.

Trish
Old 11-07-2001, 04:17 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Trish: I think I'm too old for that, too! But it's a tradition among the reporters to go out after a long day of election coverage. We didn't get out of here until almost midnight, and six of us just wanted to unwind. Most of us have been whining today about how awful we feel and how we can't keep our eyes open. I think I need to go find more coffee.

On the-just-when-you-THINK-things-are-starting-to-settle-down-note: My b/f has an interview Friday at a newspaper about 4 hours from here. It sounds like a great job for him, but I don't think there's anything for me at that paper or at another one near it. I've put out some feelers with friends I have out that way, who are watching out for me, but my fear is that Brian will get the job, it'll be a great opportunity for him ... and we'll have to do the long distance thing. I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'm not sure we could handle another separation. The 2-year separation almost killed us! If it gets it, he'll not want to take it because of us, but I know how much he dislikes his job now and wants to get to a better place ... argh! Why does life have to be difficult? I LIKE my job I have now and don't particularily want to leave. I know some sacrifices need to be made once in a while, but if he's not going to marry me, I don't think I should be sacrificing, you know? Help!?

Lisa: I'm jealous of you! If I had stayed on track, maybe I would have lost more by now. But geez, I keep craving fried food. Bad, bad, bad. You've done fantastic!
Old 11-07-2001, 07:08 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Lisa: I was at about your size last christmas, I could fit into junior tops luckily (by virtue of being really small chested), but finding a skirt or a dress that fit was a nightmare!!!

Trish: for some reason in my store's kids concept they make the size 16 pants REALLY long, one of my coworkers who's 5'9" could at a pinch wear them (she wore them for a week at a cottage), I am just a hair under 5'6" <the truth comes out >, so I can fit the pants (I have short legs as well). For my winter jacket I went for a ladies though since I have a long torso and I wanted one where I could pull in the waist! Wow, 8 weeks is so close, you must be elated!!!

Kim: Ouch, that would be tough, just think things over deeply and examine the situation..... I hope it all works out.

Pam: Howdy! Another Canuck!! That's so cool, anyhoo, Welcome to our board. Your hubby sounds great! It may also help that he's a health nut. Luckily my boyfriend has just discovered his inner athlete like I have and is beginning to try and exercise more (though he's never had a weight problem).

Anyhoo All,

Take Care!

Ali
Closed Thread