LA Weight Loss - Man Plan

View Full Version : Man Plan

jdbc
03-26-2007, 08:36 PM
My nephew is interested in joining LAWL. Does anyone know what the Man Plan is?

Dan2112
03-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Hmmm.. haven't heard of that one.. Probably something that's heavy on the protein portions..

momerath
03-27-2007, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure if there is a "man plan..." Of course, the program varies a bit from region to region, and even from store to store. However, I'm pretty sure the standard approach to guys is about the same as for women. They still have the 5-10 or so colour-coded plans, which they assign depending on height, desired weight loss, activity level, etc. They may have a different set of criteria for choosing a plan for men though, ie. a higher plan for a man who's 5'9" and wants to lose 50 pounds, vs. a woman of equal dimensions. I'm not certain though.

bizlawchik
03-27-2007, 08:46 AM
There is a new "man plan" and it's being endorsed by a bunch of retired football players. Mike Ditka, Mean Joe Green, etc. But I don't know anything about it other than seeing the posters and stuff at my COD. You could ask your COD at your next appointment, though. They can probably tell you the basics to see if you nephew wants to sign up.

juliemarie
03-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Man Plan? Is that a diet for men or a diet for women looking to attract a man? I need a Man Plan-well, I guess I just need a man . . .

Joni135
03-28-2007, 12:38 PM
JM - you crack me up!:lol:

momerath
03-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Well it certainly makes sense to have a different system for men... I think it's fair to generalize that men's metabolisms work VERY differently from women's, overall anyway.

marzbe
03-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Man Plan? Is that a diet for men or a diet for women looking to attract a man? I need a Man Plan-well, I guess I just need a man . . .

Hey, my friend's aunt met her husband through a WL program. Granted after 15 years of marriage they're both now about 100 pounds heavier than when they met, but you can be fat and happy!