Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/204/150

Height: 5'5

Default Discouraged...Sad...Scared and I NEED HELP!!!!

I am really feeling discouraged! I have been following the weight watchers plan since Jan, with the exception of the last two weeks. I have gained four pounds back and feel terrible. The thing is, I can't seem to get myself back on track, and this scares me! I have about a million reasons to loose my weight, including pretty serious health concerns. I know one of the reasons I am overeating is fear regarding some upcoming medical tests.

Does anyone have any advice or helpful suggestions on how to get back on track. I just can't seem to make the decision and stick with it. All these little excuses seem to overrule my desire and my rational thought.

I have twin two-year-olds, and I want and need to be healthy and happy for them.
V Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #2  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

I really think that motivation to stick with it has to come from within, but support from people in the same boat helps us to dig down and find that motivation.

Do you use fitday.com? I highly suggest tracking your eating and exercise on there. It really helps.

Also, do something nice for yourself to help you feel good in your skin. Get a haircut, take a bubble bath when your twins are napping, buy yourself a sexy little toe ring or some new undies. Whatever makes you feel good.

You can do it!
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:18 AM   #3  
Rez Nurse

Height: 5'11"

I have one 2 year old. I can't imagine having two!!! I was on WW after he was born and did pretty well. Then I went into one of those "funks", too. It is hard to get back on track but if you can get through one day you're pretty much set. One day at a time. It looks like you have done great so far. You know deep down you can do it. We'll get there together!

I don't post or read these boards as I should. I'm going to try and be more active here.
nursechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:18 AM   #4  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

I know how you feel! Sometimes it feels so much easier just to eat poorly, not exercise, and go back to our old habits rather than having to work really hard at our new, healthier habits! I don't know about you, but I tend to get sucked into an "all or nothing" mentality - either I eat correctly and have a great day, or I mess up and I feel like just throwing in the towel. It is also hard when it seems like the weight came on so easily, and it takes a lot of work to take it off again!

To get back on track, start by making one small change at a time. I have a problem with visiting the vending machine at my work a little too often. So instead of visiting it every day, I made a rule that I can only visit it on Thursdays. Instead of having 10 cookies after dinner, I can only have two. That way I don't feel like I'm depriving myself but I'm also not going overboard, either. Other people have mentioned something along the lines of, if you feel like binging, eat an apple first, and then see if you still feel like eating more.

You'll get there! You can do it!!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Some days, it really is hard to find that motivation - I think we've all been there. In fact, I think that's why we're all here. Sometimes I think it helps to commit to checking in with someone at the end of the day (either here, or a friend in your "real" life), to let them know how the day went. A bit of accoutability helps. I know I have a couple of people that I check in with, and we all find it helpful on those not-so-motivated days.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #6  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

For just today, commit to eating the foods you know you should. For just today, commit to eating the WW points you know you should. For just today, drink 8 glasses of water. Don't worry about what you ate yesterday or what you might eat tomorrow. Commit for just one day, today. If you accomplish this goal, b/4 you go to sleep tonight, relish how darn good it feels to have had that control -- even if just for today. When you get up tomorrow, commit again to just one day.

I'm always slipping in and out of the "groove" of this weight loss thing. Some days/weeks are just better than others. I've found that when I'm falling off the food wagon if I can just suck it up for one day, sometimes it really does help push me to try again tomorrow. Good luck.

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Why don't you try one of these daily planning threads?
Lay out something that looks good to you, is healthy and doable. Then stick to it as well as you can.
It's surprising how good it feels to have one good day under your belt.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108132
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh, it's one of the hardest things in the world, to consistiently stay on plan. But it's also one of the more rewarding.

I find for me I must have a plan. I know my meals and snacks for the upcoming week. It really helps me to stick with it. I eat every 2 - 3 hours. Knowing that I will be eating that often helps to keep me away from anything else. I also choose high fiber, high protein foods that keep help to keep me full. The bottom line is, it's all about choices. If I choose to stray from my plan I will DEFINITELY be seeing a weight GAIN. If I choose to stay on plan, I will be seeing a LOSS. Yes it's easier at times to eat the pasta instead of the veggies, the chocolate instead of the yogurt and to sit and watch TV instead of exercising, but I am no longer willing to pay the price for it. It is no longer worth it for me. It's the decision that I have made. Of course I need to keep making that decision over and over again for it to be effective. Hard? yes. Doable and rewarding - that gets a big gigantic - YES. The rewards outweigh the sacrifices - by A LOT.

Just looking at your stats, I see you have already done really, really well. That's great. So you know you can do this. That in itself is a good thing to know. Forget about the past couple of weeks. Start anew TODAY. I see that you are new to 3FC. First of all WELCOME. You have really just found a great place for advice, encourgagement and support. Posting here is a real great help. Look around and read and get yourself acquainted. I know you will find this place very valuable. Good luck!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/235/125

I feel the same way - but you know negativity can eat you up and ruin you for another few months and then you are back where you started anyways.
I have lost a whole 2 lbs over the last 2 weeks which means i have barely changed anything but i know my weakness is getting the exercise-bug. I feel like thin people are -them or the others- and they live in a different dimension than i do. but i have to change that type of thinking because its bringing me down. lets think of a reason to be happy- we can still walk, move and do everything we need to do. I'm thinking that exercise has to be like the shower you take in the morning when you get ready for work - do it everyday or almost everyday. I think i'm going to somehow change me to think 'that' way. Think that every morning when i get up 20 minutes on the stationary bike is AS important as the shower. That I'm sure will make a difference but it can't be once a week or once every six months - it HAS to become part of my routine. I get depressed when I think back at how many times I have started walking routines and other stuff just to stop and lose interest and then i feel super frustrated and almost like i shouldnt do anything because i dont deserve to do anything because i keep failing at it but i need to take on a different view of things - a different thought pattern has to be created or I will be doing day 1 over and over again - like in the movie Groundhog Day.
mehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/274/200

Height: 5-7

i truly believe that getting your weight down should be considered a journey,
i say this because i'm sure we've all had ups and down, trials of testing ourselves, and all things in between.....heck, i even am going through something right now b/c i feel like i'm doing everything right but my weight loss has plateaued.....no weight gained or lost in the past week even though i am still eatiing better and excercising very often....

Look at this thing as a JOURNEY, and in doing so there is no such thing as failing...
If you gain the weight back, you just go at it a little harder when you are ready to...
slenderapproach is offline   Reply With Quote