Exercise! - Working out in front of family

View Full Version : Working out in front of family

bethel
03-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Up until now, I've always done my DVD workouts after my husband went to work and my daughter was sleeping in the morning. I've been having a major breakthrough lately - I'm able to do my workouts while they're home and not feel self-conscious about it. I'm not focusing on how silly I might loo, but rather feeling proud and thankful that I'm getting fitter and making the choice to exercise!

Just wanted to crow a little!:D

Diva
03-25-2007, 09:02 PM
I guess we went through the same thing today. I never work out on the weekends or Holiday's because my hubby (to be) is here and I feel embarrassed. Today i decided that I'd get some cardio in while he was mowing the lawn, but he kept coming in to get a drink of water, and at first I was embarrassed, but then I was proud of myself because I know he is proud of me and I am doing so well. I told him he could come in and take a break if he needed to because I didn't mind. He comented on the fact that one day I might even get paid for what I was doing, hehe! :)

Dawn2Dusk
03-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I know what you mean... although it might take me a little while to feel that I can work out in the same room as my family. But I hope to reach that place where I feel comfortable enough, some day. :)

BeezKnees
03-25-2007, 10:54 PM
I drag my DH along with me to do plyo in the park. :D He actually likes it.

I know what you mean though - I always felt silly doing step or aerobics in front of him. If I do something on the stability ball in front of him, I'm laible to get more exercise than I asked for! ;)

sportmom
03-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Maybe soon they will be joining you! I got my dh into doing The Firm w/o saying a word, mostly bc he wanted to see what was working so well for me and if it would do the same for him! Good job ladies!

silver plum
03-26-2007, 01:23 AM
So good for all of you!!

I am not at that stage yet... I still feel so self-conscious.
I do my weights video in the morning. I try to start it while my roommate is still asleep and then he goes and takes the dog for a walk. But he always seems to come home when I am doing some embarrassing part like working on my butt :o And of course he always stands there and tries to have a conversation - haha

VermontMom
03-27-2007, 08:41 AM
You're allowed to be proud of that! that's great! I hope you don't have the limited space that I have, my guys have to move -v-e-r-y carefully around me so I don't accidentally whack 'em with a weight :D

detroitmami
03-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Up until now, I've always done my DVD workouts after my husband went to work and my daughter was sleeping in the morning. I've been having a major breakthrough lately - I'm able to do my workouts while they're home and not feel self-conscious about it. I'm not focusing on how silly I might loo, but rather feeling proud and thankful that I'm getting fitter and making the choice to exercise!

That's great!!

Diva
03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't worry about whacking my people family, it's the pets! The kitties like to grab my pony tail when I do sit-ups, giving me some added resistnace! LOL! and my dog thinks it's playtime and keeps throwing his toys at me and licking the sweat off my arms and legs. He's such a pain sometimes! LOL!:D

Spunkster5
03-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm feeling you all on that! It took me a while to work out in front of my husband. I used to do Yourself Fitness! on my hubbys x-box, which is such a great program, but once i reallly got into i just quit caring and was excited that i was seeing results! good luck to you all!!!

Spunkster5
03-28-2007, 11:11 AM
also, my little dog loves to sit on my butt/back when i do push ups...she's only 4 1/2 lbs so its not a big deal, but its hilarious!!

L8again
03-28-2007, 11:33 AM

I think this is fantastic for you because I've been w/my DH for 17 yrs and I still can't work out in front of him.