Support Groups - Beat the Bulge~ game 15!!

View Full Version : Beat the Bulge~ game 15!!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi Everyone! Welcome to game 15!! I'll be getting this thread and the "BTB Points" thread stickied so it's easy to find! This thread is for daily check-ins and chit chat and the BTB points thread is strictly for points.
March 26th to April 16th

Heres the "RULES":

Exercise
2 Points for every half hour of exercise
*HALF points are allowed*

Water
1 point for every 1/4 gallon/1 litre/32 oz.

Meals
2 points for every healthy meal (max 3 meals a day)
*yes, some of us eat more than 3 meals a day but they will be considered snacks after the first 3!

Snacks
1 point for every healthy snack

1 point for not eating anything after 8:30 PM

5 points for every pound and/or inch lost!!

Minus Points

-deduct 2 points for every unhealthy meal
-deduct 1 point for every unhealthy snack

Wide in Winnipeg
03-26-2007, 12:14 AM
I'll catch ya all tomorrow!!
Good luck with game 15!

ArtsyGirl
03-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Good morning all. I'm back into my runs. Did 2.6 miles Saturday and just finished up 3 this morning. My legs are sore, but I feel so good. Its so nice that the weather is finally gonna let me train consistently again. I'm hoping to do a 5K at the Toledo zoo on the 21st of April. Craig did it last year and said it was cool since all the animals are more active that early. I'm not sure if he'll join me on the run this year depends on how his recovery goes. His vasectomy is scheduled for the 6th.

I ate like crap this weekend but I'm ok with that. Back on track today to keep up my maintenance. We didnt really do anything spectacular over the weekend just normal errands and such. We did go to a new coffee shop that opened in Monroe. Good coffee, but the atmosphere was very cold.

Have a great day.

Rosario
03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
thank god for fresh starts! I ate really bad this weekend. My stomach is kind of sore from yesterdays dinner. We went to chow baby and I ate waaaay too much. Ima try to eat light today. My wi on Friday was a weak one so I didn't count points at all since friday. But I'm back on today. I am really reconsidering weight watchers, though. i'd rather save that money instead of wasting it each month. I'm kind of getting really blah about counting points and all. I guess I'll just see how everything goes.

take care everybody and have a great day. :wave:

canadian mom
03-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Wednesday will be alot of exercis if the weather is nice. My DD1 is getting her braces off so there is just enought time from whenthey get home from school to walk downtown to her appointment. It is mostly down hill there but I have to work to keep thedouble jogger from going down the hill before me then it is all up hilll on the way home. I haven't done it since last year so the walk (minus appointment time) should take anywhere from 2-3 hours( the hill is really steep).

LaBonita
03-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Good morning all. Beautiful day today here, so it's great motivation for me to get out there and run on the trail! Unfortunately, I have class, so I'm LACKING motivation to go THERE...LOL. But I'll go. I've been skipping this class too much.

I came here this morning to total my points for Game 14 and couldn't find it...LOL. So I'll have to dig for it and see what my totals look like.

Hope everyone has a good day. :wave:

sotypical
03-26-2007, 01:34 PM
gaaaah there is this guy I work with and he is so annoying, OMG. And now we share a office, and I sware he makes it his goal to eat food as loud as he can, and drink as loud as he can, SLAP SLAP SLAP I heard his mouth chewing all the time, i just wanna vomit - he like gets off on chewing so loud I can hear it over my headphones... like he takes pleasure in it! arrrgh I dunno how much more of this I can stand! I mean he cant even be quiet about GUM! Like doesnt he get we share an office now? like can you not whistle? listen to your music really loud? talking to yourself?

He is always going on about how annoying everything is... well its only him that annoys me!

He makes more noise drinking and eating them my dog!

okay, end rant

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Good morning,

Had an icky weigh-in this morning...
I wasn't down anything -- may have even been up half a pound or so (cheap analog scale)... which makes me a little upset, cuz it's the first time in 7 weeks I haven't lost. Although I suppose I didn't REALLY deserve to lose... and a measly .5 inches total...

Guess I have to hope this isn't a plateau and all I have to do is work my butt off this week to see a loss again!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Just stopping in to say HI!! Busy,busy here!

ArtsyGirl
03-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Good morning gals. Hope you're all off to a great start. I'm drinking some coffee waiting for walk time. I'm actually ready early this mornin so I've time to post. Yesterday was good and todays gonna be just as good. Busy with a class and lots of lessons. I picked up an extra lesson in my schedule last week and haven't adjusted to it yet.

Courtnie-Sorry about your office mate. It sounds like he's striving to P you off. Do you have any ideas of how to talk to him about all of this? Knowing me I'd let it fester until it ended in a big explosion of "Would you please just shut-up" as he drained the last of his coke slurping it up through the straw. I'm not really a good "people person".

Shelby-sorry you werent happy with your wi. Are you gonna change things around to help this week? (More exercise/less cals., cal. zigging, etc.)

Ro-What would you do if you stop WW? I think if you have something in mind that you think would work better for you then by all means save your money. How'd you do with getting back on track? Hope all went well.

LaBonita-Did you make yourself go to class? It was beautiful here to and I really didn't want to sit in my house and teach but I did. When does your semester end?

cmom/JEN!-I finally have a name! (cute sig.) Your Wed. workout sounds fun. I hope the weather is terrific for you. When do you get your teeth worked on? After Easter? Hope you're doing ok.

Well, my walking buddy just called and cancelled because she's not feeling well. I'm thinking I'll go out later this morning when its light out. Gonna cruise the boards a bit now. Have a great day.

canadian mom
03-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Shelby~ I know tge weight loss thing can get tought and it sucks when you do not lose but as long as you stick with it the uphill battle will be won.lol

Courtney~ I agree with Brandy I am the same way I would probably be completely rude to him and as my kids say "he started it' lol

Wendy~ ihope it slows down some for you so you can join us more. Just keep posting your quick post thought so we know you are still with the living lol

Brandy~ We are suposed to have stong winds tomorrow I hope not too strong I am really looking forward to my long walks. My kids love it too even the ones that have to walk it with me ( Well Kat not as much)

sotypical
03-27-2007, 01:10 PM
The thing is... he doesnt do it on purpose - he just really eats that way!

But I agree, one day I am going to flip... guess I am not a good people person either!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Courtnie~ I'm with Brandy I'd say "hey, you chew like a frickin cow man!!" you are a pig and you gross me out and if you continue to slurp your frickin food I'm going to ram this(fill in blank here) up your _____!!!!!!"

Anyway, I'm is a bit of a bad mood today, I'm getting stressed out with all the work I have these days and to boot I'm starting to re paint the entire house because I hate the way it is right now!
Sorry i'm not around much but I suppose we'll all have to get used to it because I'll be gone most of the summer anyway. The lake is looking better and better as the days go on!!
On that note, better get back to work, i'm sneaking in a quick break!
Have a good day!!

Wide in Winnipeg
03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi girls! Just putting RJ in the bath and thought I'd pop in and see what was going on here!
Oh well, g'night!

canadian mom
03-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Well I will not be getting my walk to town in today. There are wind gust here and temps droppping to freezing so I guess I will be nice to my odest 2 DDs. It looks like a bus trip but I will still be getting some walking in it is about 4 blocks from transfer point to the ortnodontist and then about 5 blocks to the grocery store after.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Morning!

Did my workout this morning... feeling a little bored with the exercise bike, so I'm starting C25K next week, and I think I'm also going to try to go swimming once a week (will be tough with a tight schedule, but I think it'll be worth it).

BF and I went for an awesome walk Monday night and we stopped in at the Running Room. I decided that when I finish the C25K program, I'm going to buy myself a new pair of runners. YAY!! BF also said he was okay with me buying some running clothes, too. Any excuse for new clothes! Too bad I do the finances and know we can't afford them. Oh well!

I feel like I'm doing well this week points-wise... I hope that it leads to a nice loss at the end of it!!

sotypical
03-28-2007, 01:25 PM
I packed this nice lunch today but now were going for sushi! mmmm
hope my salad isnt too soggy for tomorrow, lol

ArtsyGirl
03-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone. I hope your days are going well. I'm having a good one. I got in a 2.6 mile run this morning in a very light mist. Our nice warm weather has left for awhile but its still in the 40's so not horrible. I worked for my firned at her health food store for a bit today and have a makeup lesson to teach this afternoon. I want to run to Toledo and return the shoes I bought yesterday but think it will get put off til tomorrow.

Courtnie-Definetly anything that works is good. I was just curious what you had choosen to do. Behave with the sushi!

Jen-Sorry for the no walk today. Sometimes the weather can really wreck havoc on our activities. I hope you found something else to do. Are you having a celbration dinner in honor of getting the braces off?

Shelby-Good luck with the new exercise routine next week. I hope it keeps you interested in your workouts.

Well, have a good one.

canadian mom
03-28-2007, 06:16 PM
All Ocean wanted was an aplle in her lunch tomorrow "not cut up like a baby" actually I had to cut her pieces smaller than the 2 year olds. She also wants gum for easter. Noe she has a retainer so she still has to be carefull cause it comes out while eating, sure hope it doesn't get broke at school that is 125$.

I am very lucky at times I know I can complain that my kids are driving me insane but they are usually very easy to please. Their favorite gift is clothes.

canadian mom
03-28-2007, 09:25 PM
I have a question for you people on weight watchers about how many points would I need a day I am 5'2 1/2" weight 135.5 and I work out most days 90 mins (DAY 1 free weights and calestetics cardio 30 mins then walk 30mins DAY 2 60 mins cardio then 30 mins walk.) I am just trying to compare calorie estimates too what weight watchers does.

ArtsyGirl
03-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi ya gals. I hope you're all off to a wonderful Thursday. I went for my walk but cut it short due to some awfully cold strong winds. I thought I was moving backwards instead of forward somtimes.

I have a few little things that need to be done today but overall shouldn't be a bad day. Just a lot of driving which is a side effect of living in a small town. It takes a good 20 minutes to get to the closest town. I had to laugh the neurologist was telling me to stop every 30 min. on car trips and get out and move around (to ward off blood clots) and I was like-well crap, I cant even get to the towns I do most of my errands in that short of a time. I think I'll be modifying that suggestion to spread the stops out further apart.

Jen-Just an apple? That does seem pretty easy to fullfill. You should have a bubble blowing contest on easter. I cant help you with WW points but its a good idea to do some comparing.

canadian mom
03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Brandy ~ We have the same winds my youngest DD slept with DD2 cause she was sacred.

Today not much planned as we have another windy day so we are stuck in the house.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-29-2007, 03:43 PM
It's raining...then snowing...than raining agian,not nice weather here.
Quick hello before I have to get back to work!

hello!!!!!
LOL!
K, gotta go!

ArtsyGirl
03-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Wow where is everyone? I did my usual walk this morning and now I'm trying to finalize what I have to do today. I got my house cleaned yesterday and made some muffins. Its so nice to come home to a clean house that still smells of baked goods.

JasonsLea
03-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Hey everyone! Oh man, I'm sleepy now.

Ro, WW is a fantastic program! You just gotta stick to it, that's all. If you think you can stick with it without going to meetings, then don't go.

Sorry Courtnie but I laughed when I read your post. You too Wendy. :)

Hopefully I will be able to get to the gym this weekend. Hoping and praying.

Rosario
03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Well, I am finally down 9 pounds. It took me 12 weeks to get here, but at least I never gained anything. Now its time to buckle down and get serious about ww and counting my dang points.

It's raining here. Yay!!! you guys have no idea how bad the stupid pollen has been. I went home early yesterday with the worst headache I have ever had. My head is still sore. I was reading that this has been the worst pollen season in the southeast. It looks yucky everywhere, yellow dust covering everything. But with this rain I hope it calms down a bit.

shari - i think I am gonna stick with it for awhile. I wanna see what happens and how much I can lose with being on plan 100% of the time (counting points). How's the new apt?

brandy - mmmm, muffins. I baked some cookies the other day, brought half to work and ate the other half - they were not the good for you kind. how r u doing in maintenance mode??

wendy - u only have 8 pounds to go?!?! that's great!!

jen - hope u got some time out of the house. I actually don't mind staying in the house all day, but I know a lot of people go crazy!!

courtnie, hsmomx2, shelbi, Labonita - how r u guys?

hope everyone has a great weekend!!

sotypical
03-30-2007, 03:41 PM
omg, i feel like this is never going to end
yesterday was supposed to be a good day... then I had a latte and a lemon bar, okay no big deal... then I a cookie... okay no big deal, okay then I have 5 donut holes...

its okay, today is going to be good, i sware
OH BUT WAIT
everyone is going for lunch! :)

canadian mom
03-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Oh Brandy i lied she also wants min carrots not cut up. lol Actualy just about anything she couln't eat before.

canadian mom
04-01-2007, 07:13 PM
My son and I were at walmart yesterday and I got a huge compliment. This lady stopped me and asked me what size I was cause she was looking at clothes for her grandaughter but didn't know her size and I was about the same size. After I told her medium she said that her grandaughter was tall and slender like me. Granted I am only 5 foot 2.5 but I had 3.5 inche heals on (I have to amke for being short somehow) But I was called slender :)

JasonsLea
04-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Ro ~ I'm with you about the pollen. It's making cars look like dust buckets! I'm doing okay with my apartment. I've decided to restore my Netflix account and start beading again. I think I can do $20 a month right now compared to $60+ for cable.

CM ~ Great NSV!

sotypical
04-02-2007, 12:58 AM
why do I do this to myself... another HORRIBLE weekend :( lots of eating out :( could of been worse tho

I am going to be as good as I can this weekend, I have a friend visiting for the first time so there will be lots of eating out, but I am going to do my best but starting next monday (week tomorrow) I am going to be 110% back on and I will be able to artifical sweenter again!

ArtsyGirl
04-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Morning gals. I'm feeling sick this morning from my eating over the weekend. I've really got to work harder on the weekends because I'm very tired of feeling like this on Monday.

My hubby finished his 2nd half marathon yesterday. Came home saying his hips hurt but he was happy because he came in under the 2 hour mark that was his goal. I personally think its a little nuts to run that much but he seems to enjoy it.

I gotta pick up the house and teach some lessons today. I might get a run in later today.

Court-I feel your pain on weekends. How are you gonna approach easter weekend? I could use advice for the 2 family get togethers coming up.

Shari-Netflix sounds like a good comprimise. I hope you choose better movies than my DH has been getting. Yuck!

Jen-You passed your goal!!!!! Congratulations.

sotypical
04-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Brandy - im just going to eat! lol
and i am taking a break from exercise this week, then im going to get right back on track

hsmomx2
04-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Jen/cmom- Congratuations on passing your weight goal.

Courtnie- I think weekends are hard on everyone. That's okay it's a new day.

Ro- Good job on your 9 pound loss! I'm glad we've had some rain to help with the pollen. I almost had to go to the doctor for yet, another shot for my left eye swelling. (due to pollen)

Shari - We have tons of beads. Dd and Ds love them.

Brandy- I hope your dh hip gets to feeling better. Did you get any new answers from your doctor.

Friday, the dsl guy finally came out, so my internet is up and working again. This weekend we went fishing and got a vechile on payments. Dh's truck isn't dependable anymore. As for diet I'm doing okay with my meals but not to good on snacks and drinks. Exercise could be better but at least I'm getting some in. Well, I've got a long list of errands to run so I need to get going for now.

canadian mom
04-02-2007, 01:56 PM
I am going to try to be a little under cals this week as we are having easter and my girls bday together 9they will 9 on the 9th and 10 on the 10th) so there will be cake and ice cream for sure then ham for supper. It may be hard to stay a bit under cals thought this wee cause TOM is scheduled for a visit on the 4th. my main snacks this week are source yogurt(the 50 cals single servings,I just discovered these and they are sooooooo good.)

I need to change my ticker to go with my summer challenge but i like to see first goal met so maybe in the next few weeks I will change it. I like the feeling of acomplishment.

Rosario
04-02-2007, 02:12 PM
courtnie- I, too had a really bad weekend. and my sis is coming to visit wed-sun so there'll be lots of eating out.....i'm dreading it. but Ima try to be good this weekend. I'm going to plan like crazy!!!

jen - wtg!!!

hsmomx2 - way to go on eating good meals. about the drinks, youcan never go wrong with water!!

brandy - i get wut ur saying about weekends. I had a major food hangover and u know when u have a hangover u crave junky food....well that's what happened to me so my bad eating extended into this morning. weekends suck!!

I am feelingkind of yucky, but the good thing is i'm not very hungry and I have my oatmeal and fruit in case I do get hungry. My sister is coming to visit me for her spring break!! Yay!! can't wait to hang out with her....the only thing is we are major food buddies. When we lived together, we would always go out and get something to eat. I'm really going to have to work on that though. And I havent exercised in a long time.....something else I need to work on.

take care everyone.

sotypical
04-02-2007, 06:23 PM
today has been bad too, haha
least im eating celery now

Wide in Winnipeg
04-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi gals, been suffering with a headache for a few days now and it's not going away. Just thought I'd pop in to let you all know I'm still alive.
I'll be back when I'm better!
TTFN

ArtsyGirl
04-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Morning ladies. Things are pretty typical here. I have a busy Tuesday with a funeral added onto my normal things. It should end up to be a good day overall.

Wendy-Hope your headache lifts.

Courtnie-I'm planning on eating a donut today. Does that make me a bad girl?

Ro-I hope you have a great visit with your sis. How exciting to have company. Are your allergies getting any better? Mine haven't blown out of control yet. Yesterdays run was a bit hard with someone out mowing his lawn.

Jen-I should be trying to be low this week in preperation for the weekend, but its my walking buddies bday today and we're indulging just a bit today. Good luck with sticking to your plan.

hsmom-glad your internet is back. Can you get some healthier snacks ready to go to help with this are AlThis helps me because I'm a sucker for grab and go stuff. My drs. basically said stay on the asprin, and the B12 and be aware of symptoms of stroke/blood clot and get to the hospital if they happen. They cant agree for sure if it was a mini stroke or not. Half say yes half wont commit because they're just not sure.

Well, off to get things done.

sotypical
04-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Courtnie-I'm planning on eating a donut today. Does that make me a bad girl?

NOPE! cuz i think im going to go to starbucks and have a non-fat latte and a treat... for my third day in a row, lol
at this point, i dont mind eating it - I just dont wanna spend the money on it! haha how bad is that....

Rosario
04-03-2007, 05:00 PM
mmmm...starbucks

go for it gals

i had a hamburger and fries for lunch....I know I am the least deserving of a fattening meal but I just felt like one. Now I feel gross!!! But so that I'm not alone, please feel free to indulge a bit :)

Wide in Winnipeg
04-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Everyone is indulging and still loosing weight! Except me! I look at something fattening and i gain 5LBs!! GACK!!! Well, still feeling like crapola here but I thought I'd rear my ugly head and see whats up here! I'm up to 139, must be the meds because I'm not eating any different than before I started them, and from what I can tell i have to stay on them for awhile yet.
Anyway, thats my story, chat tomorrow!

sotypical
04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
oh wendy, im gaining! lol
no losing going on here

JasonsLea
04-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry some of you are feeling crappy. :( For once, I'm doing okay. WI was today and I'm down 1.6 this week. WL for the first time in a long while.

Rosario
04-04-2007, 10:06 AM
wtg shari!!!

I am sucking all over the place. Just take a look at my points. Ugh!!!! No willpower whatsoever. And tonite my sis is flying in from LA. I'm cooking tonite so it shouldn't be too bad. But I think we'll be eating out for the rest of the weekend. I gotta make wise choices. It'll be hard but I just gotta stick with it.

take care everybody!!!

ArtsyGirl
04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi gals, I'm trying really hard to behave today. So far so good. Lets just hope I dont feel starving right before bedtime. I'm hungry now, but I'm gonna hold out til supper. I can do it.

Shari-Way to go! I'm so happy for you. That new apt. must be a good change for you.

Ro-Hang in there girl, but more importantly enjoy your visit with your sis. Do what makes you both happy and dont feel bad if that includes a bit of leniency.

JasonsLea
04-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Ro ~ What are you cooking? I have this WW cookbook that I can't wait to try out. You might want to print something off online. Enjoy your visit with your sister!

Brandy ~ I think I just starting to settle in. I have good stuff in the fridge, no junk food to be found. I guess my taste buds just needed to get reprogrammed. :D

RidiculouslyAddicted
04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi...

Haven't had time to catch up with everything, but I'm here... Sick this week, and incredibly busy with work.

Hope everyone's doing well.

Down 4" this week, but no pounds. Did I already say that? This cold is messing with my head. Still working out, though...

canadian mom
04-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Shari~:broc:

Ro~:dust:

Brandi~ So how does maintenence feel?

This week I have to bake a :hb: for my girls and 2 on the weekend to send to school. I am thinking about making a purse cake and mabe a flip flop cake for school and maybe mini versions of them for my girls this weekend. (They always get their own cake it is bad enough they share a bday and bedroom I figure the least I can do is giver them their own cake)

Rosario
04-05-2007, 12:23 PM
jen - those cakes sound so cute. post sum pics so we can see how they came out.

shelby - 4" is amazing. Wtg!!!

shari - i didn't cook after all....we ended up at dennys :(. I have the ww comfort food cookbook. i'd rather cook my own food.....they ask for too much ingredients and its too time consuming. plus, i made a recipe from there and my bf hated it.

brandy - hope you got to behave yesterday ;)

well my sis is here and i can see its going to be a bad weekend food wise. but it's ok cause she's leaving on Sunday and then it's back to trying to lose weight again on Monday. I know its not good to do that, but if I restrict myself on foods, I end up eating way too much. So I'll just eat what I want (reasonable food, of course) this weekend and I'll be back at it with a vengeance on Monday.

I have tomorrow off (doing the tourist thing with my sis in downtown ATL) so I just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend and a hapy easter. take care!

JasonsLea
04-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Shelby, congrats on the 4" and I hope you get better soon!

Jen ~ How cute! How old are your girls? I remember when I was younger, my mama would have me and my younger sister's birthday party on the same day and we got separate cakes.

Ro ~ I haven't made anything out of the book either. I just have it. *shrugs* Happy Easter to you too!

canadian mom
04-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Ocean will be 10 on the 10th and Katarina will be 9 on the 9th.

I weighed myself today (it is not my official weight day) but I was at 133 and it is TOM. I think though after this weekends meal I will be back up (I weight sat then again on Sunday to make sure the lose stuck lol)

canadian mom
04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
ok i have decided to chane my ticker to my new goal it will be sad to see my goal met gone but I gotta do it....

sotypical
04-07-2007, 11:36 AM
im still here... had a friend here.... lets not even talk about how much food I ate, but I am giving myself 0 points for this week

canadian mom
04-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I am about o go showvel some cement (wet snow) so our company can get in the driveway tomorrow.I made their cakes I decided to do a butterfly instead of a flip flp. My camera has no batterues so i hope mom brings hers when she gives me copies I will post the pics of the cakes Ro. (Aurora helped decorate them)

JasonsLea
04-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Ocean? What a pretty name! I've never known someone named Ocean before. Hope you all are having a great Easter!

sotypical
04-09-2007, 01:09 AM
I hope everyone had a great Easter. I am so bloated I look and feel 6 months pregnant, I can't wait to get back to eating right and exercising tomorrow. Hope I didnt gain too much the past week or so.

ArtsyGirl
04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Hey gals, sorry to be MIA, but I was so not on plan I felt to bad to come here. I'm hoping today will be get back on track time. I really enjoyed my holiday and not going to feel bad, but really need to get back to normal now.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

canadian mom
04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
yesterday I ate so uch. i didn't plan on ice cream cake My sister surprised us after we ate cake and frozen yogurt. Today we will be finishing off the cake the tomorrow back to normal. So obviosly my 133 didn't stick but I have stayed 134 so I will not complain.lol

We can get back on track girls. Like the little engine that could "I think I can, I think I can!!!

sotypical
04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
So we bought a nintendo wii a couple days ago - does that count for exercise?

JasonsLea
04-09-2007, 02:20 PM
ROFLMAO! No Courtnie, the nintendo doesn't count for exercise!

I hope you all had a great Easter. I was so preoccupied at my mama's with washing my clothes and messing around on the computer that I didn't bother to go into the kitchen and see what my stepfather had cooked for dinner.

Rosario
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
hey guys! looks like everybody had a nice weekend. I had a blast this weekend. it was crazy with my sis. she's too much sometimes. But boy, did I eat. We ate out every single day. But I'm glad i got it out of my system because I think it put me off of fast food/outside food for awhile. I couldn't even think of stopping at McD's for breakfast this am. I was quite happy with my oatmeal and banana. Let's hope it stays this way.

have a great day everyone!

Wide in Winnipeg
04-09-2007, 04:14 PM
HI gals!! Glad everyone had a great Easter! Lots of food too it seems! LOL! I actually behaved with the food but I had a couple beer last night with my buddy that can for a visit!
As of today I'm sitting at 138lbs. Must try and get some exercise sometime this week. I've been working 12 hour days without a day off in 2 weeks, and I'm tired. After work I'm doing some renos to the house and painting so I'm sore too, using muscles I didnt know i had! LOL!
Anyway, I better go and get some carrots and hummus to snack on!

sotypical
04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
ROFLMAO! No Courtnie, the nintendo doesn't count for exercise!
I broke out in a sweat playing it and my arms hurt, though it was a worth a shot, haha

sotypical
04-09-2007, 04:36 PM
omg, this guy lost weight playing wii! he didnt change his eating or anything
http://wiinintendo.net/2007/01/15/wii-sports-experiment-results/

I think I found myself a new exercise program!

Wide in Winnipeg
04-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Thats so funny Courtnie!! Go for it! LOL!

sotypical
04-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Can I count it for exercise points in game? im starting to find more sites of people losing weight using the wii!

canadian mom
04-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I want one I have been at the dh since xmas. I think it is a way to sneak some extra exercise in. lol

ArtsyGirl
04-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Court-I'd count it, its extra movement and getting your heart rate up right?

Well, yesterday didnt go well for getting back on plan so thats todays goal again. I'm gonna be busy so I'm hoping that will help.

Wendy-did you start a new job?

Rosario
04-10-2007, 10:19 AM
that wii looks like a lot of fun. r they still hard to come by?

i have a major food hangover. yuck. my tummy feels so unsettled. I went on a major binge last nite after dinner. even my bf got upset with me. I don't even know why I eat sometimes....I'm not hungry. I don't know, I have to work on that. I think that's what is killing me. I ate perfectly yesterday. But I screwed it up with my late night snacking and now I feel awful. Yuck! Well, today is another day. And another struggle.

have a good day gals.

sotypical
04-10-2007, 11:40 AM
they are really hard to come by, we just TOTALLY lucked out - we were at the mall early thursday morning and the game store just got their shipment it wasnt even in the computer yet - the guy figured they would be gone before the end of the day

JasonsLea
04-10-2007, 04:32 PM
WI was today, I'm gained 1 lb. :( Technically it's .8 but still......I feel horrible. I'm going to take a long hot bath when I get home to feel better. Kinda like a mini spa. And I'll do better this week.

ArtsyGirl
04-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Hiya gals. I'm off to a good start this morning. I've done my walk already and think I have my day planned which helps me stay on track.

I bought my bike!!!!!!! I pick it up this morning. Here's what I got"

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=21880

I'm so excited. I just wish it'd warm up a bit so I'm comfortable to ride more than a few miles. We have snowshowers forecasted for today.

Shari-cheer up. That pound will be gone again before you know it.

Court-What things are you playing on your WII???

sotypical
04-11-2007, 11:54 AM
I am just playing the Wii sports - my arms are SOOO sore. I have been doing my bike for 45min in the am and wii sports for at least 20 min in the evening. This morning I skipped the bike tho :( and of course i feel guilty! But I was up till midnight trying to download a song, so getting up at 6 to ride the bike was too hard

JasonsLea
04-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Brandy ~ Congrats on the new bike.

Courtnie ~ You sound like my little bro with his games. :)

sotypical
04-12-2007, 01:07 AM
So today wasnt as good as I wanted. Like I said, no bike this am. I am not sure about the wii tonight, my back is pretty sore - too much wii! lol

I had a nice salad packed for lunch - then the bank sent pizza and I had two slices instead :( *sigh*

Dinner was okay... well maybe not considering the lunch I had

Okay thats fine, I had a couple small candies... no big deal - then the cookied in the fridge got the better of me. I told myself I couldnt have it because I had enough for the day, but then I decided to just eat it, it was the last one - and now it wont be there to ruin my day tomorrow. lol

tomorrow will be better

ArtsyGirl
04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Courtnie-Hang in there. What happened yesterday happens to all of us. All you can do is try again today. I just hope that overall I have more good days than bad days. I hope you got your bike time today. It seems to set a good mood for your day.

Shari-When does that little kitty come?

Ro-Hows getting back from the weekend going?

cmom-Where are you?????????

Wendy-Come say hi soon.

hsmom-Where are you????

I'm taking a painting class this afternoon. I still havent decided what I want to paint so I've gotta do some searching for ideas.

sotypical
04-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Yah today will be good, I will see about the bike, it is 5am and I have been up since like 3:45 - thats what happens when ebay gets yah! lol There was something ending that I had been looking for for like 9 years! lol, anyway I won! Hope I can get an hour of sleep before I need to be up!

yesterday wasnt too bad, I added it up... 1700-1800 not that bad at all :) I dunno why I stress myself over the silly things; thats what I need to work on!

Brandy - have lots of fun at your painting class! paint a keiko! lol

canadian mom
04-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm here I just having been posting but I have been reading. For once I didn't have much to say. lol

Well I got a whole lotta exercise today. I did my weights and floor exercises. Did some walking and sprints on the gazelle. Then I took the babies for a walk up the road in the stroller. It is georgous here today but it is supposed ti strt snowing and raining then freezing rain then heavy snow all within the 24 hours so ther may be another long weekend for my girls this weekend.

I have to gripe about fitday the pusing a stoller bit it says you barely burn any cals but I walk as i do on my gazelle while pushing a double jogging stroller with a 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old so I use the walking bit not pushing a stroller when entering it. I guess nothing is perfect

Rosario
04-12-2007, 05:12 PM
brandy - it's been rough, but I think I may have just gotten there. your bike looks like fun. I was thinking maybe I should start biking to work to get some exercise in. I think I could do it, but don't know if I could bring myself to start.

jen - i don't think you can ever accurately count how many cals u actually burn. I guess you should just go by how you felt during and after your workout.

courtnie- stupid ebay!! I have lost lots of auctions bcause of the times they ended. I don't have internet at home so every bid pretty much had to be placed at work (8:30-5:30). my bf actually won an auction one time on his sidekick....and that's gotta be the slowest internet in the world (well maybe a little faster than dial up)

so I have been very bad. but you know what, I'm tired of being bad. I want to be good. I want to see that scale go lower than I can ever remember it being. And I just haven't been trying hard enough. I'm trying to motivate myself (goal tattoo, Vegas trip, new clothes, etc.) but it is so very hard to stay focused. You guys know how it is. I'm just gonna have to keep trying and not give up.

take care everybody.

ArtsyGirl
04-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Good morning. Yesterday went pretty well. I painted a pair of jeans. My sis and I have shared these jeans back and forth for years. I painted a dolphin on one leg with a chinese symbol for younger sister under it. The other leg has a sea turtle and the symbol for older sisiter. They turned out really cute. I should get my camera back soon so I can take a pic.

Today is hair day. I'm way overdue and my roots are bothering me. Tonight I leave for our womens retreat through church. We're going to a state park and staying in a private cabin with a hot tub and a fireplace. I'm super excited about the trip. I just wish I hadn't caught this cold.

Courtnie-I'm glad your day wasn't as bad as you supposed. I hope yesterday went well. Good luck on the weekend. I'm not even going to try cuz i know what all is coming on retreat with us.

Jen-Look at you with only 9 pounds to go!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you've been having good weather. Its been terrible here. Fitday never made sense to me for calories burned info. I just stopped using it.

Ro-There is a nationwide bike to work day coming up. I cant remember the exact date, but that would be a great time to try your journey. I hope you keep the feeling of wanting to be good. I know how hard this is but I'm cheering for you.

Well I'm off. Have a great one.

Rosario
04-13-2007, 11:53 AM
brandy - have fun at ur hair appt. that trip sounds like fun.

as for me :(

and that's all I have to say about that.

JasonsLea
04-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Brandy ~ I don't know when I'm getting my kitty. :( That's what sucks about getting stuff through someone else. But I'm ready for him/her!

Ro ~ :hug: Just thought you might need that. :)

:wave: everyone!

sotypical
04-16-2007, 01:28 AM
so super bad weekend, lol
what else is new

and my ticker is off, by like 4 pounds - I didn't gain 4 pounds I dont think, more like 2-3 I think i just moved it down too much too quickly - this week is going to be good... everyday this week is going to be good! i sware!

ArtsyGirl
04-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi gals. I had a very nice weekend. The retreat was fun and I was even able to fit in a 3.5 mile run on the nature boardwalk. It was cool to see all the deer. They are so used to people they didnt run away. I think I ran by one as close as 15 feet!

I'm so overly ready for nice weather. Its so cold and yucky. We might ghit the 60's for next weekend, but thats what they said about the past weeend and then kept dropping the temp everyday. I want to go out and do so many different things and its just miserable out.

Hope you're all doing well. Happy Monday.

canadian mom
04-16-2007, 10:49 AM
It's a not so happy Monday it is currently snowing. I want the nice weather to come. This time last year I was out with the kids in a light jacket or no jacket on some days.

JasonsLea
04-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Courtnie! You need to get back in gear missy! :club:

Brandy, I'm glad you had a nice time. :)

Jen ~ Isn't this weather just crappy? Stupid global warming. It supposed to be warm down here, gearing up for an Alabama summer but it still feels like Jan.

Where's my Ro and Wendy?

:wave: everyone!

Rosario
04-16-2007, 05:53 PM
hey guys,

I'm here...but I'm not really here :shrug:

Hope u guys r doing great!!!

canadian mom
04-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Ro~ you can get back on track.I know it is hard to do but look you have lost 9 pounds so far!I still get discourage at times. I am now stuck at 134, i saw 133 for a day. I even went back up to 135 for a few. Even if you are not on plan keep posting we love hearing from you.

Wide in Winnipeg
04-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Gosh where did the month go!!!!???? I should be starting game 16 by now! I think we can hold off here for another week though if thats OK with you all.
I'm working 12 hour days and trying to paint the house and pay attention to Ryan also so I have no time for anything that might bring me some joy like coming here!
I'll be back when I can!

ArtsyGirl
04-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Morning gals. Had a headache yesterday and couldnt do much of anything. Its a miracle I got through teaching. I'm hoping it will taper off today.

Not much is new here but we did have a beautiful weather day yesterday finally . Today its back to cold, rainy and dreary. Maybe this weekend will be nice.

Ro-You can do this!!! Happy Birthday

cmom-Keep going. Your plateau will end soon

Courtnie-Are you better from your weekend? I'm back on track. Hope you are too.

Wendy-Good to see you check in. Hope your well.

Shari-Hi

JasonsLea
04-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Ro ~ :bday2you:

:wave: everyone.

I've decided to take down my ticker thing. I was looking at it and getting really depressed and when I get depressed, I start eating and it snowballs from there. So my sig will be ticker-free until I start seeing some progress.

canadian mom
04-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Ro~:bday2you:

This week has been a struggle to exercise i hope with nice weather coming it will give me a boost. i cannot wait to get walking outside.............. ahhhhhh fresh air (In bad weather I cannot walk outside cause I live on a road with fast drivers and a small shoulder.lol)

sotypical
04-19-2007, 01:18 PM
im here
im pretty much back on track :) just gotta get losing agian

sotypical
04-19-2007, 01:23 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RO!!!!!

Hope you have a good day! :D

ArtsyGirl
04-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Hi gals. I just got back from painting class. I really had no idea of what I wanted to do. I went to a church rummage sale before class. Bought a dress that "might" fit ad painted a butterfly on the lower side. It turned out well and now I need to see if the dress'll fit.

JasonsLea
04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend. I found out that I probably won't be getting my kitty cause the guy got himself fired and I don't know if my friend is going to be able to keep in touch with him. Crapola. But I'm optimistic that I will get a second job soon....I really really REALLY need one!

JasonsLea
04-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone! Hows yall Monday going?

Ro ~ Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone anymore....I started back with WW this weekend. :)

JasonsLea
04-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Where is everyone? :(

sotypical
04-25-2007, 04:36 PM
im here... kinda

canadian mom
04-25-2007, 05:23 PM
No one really posting so i stopped

JasonsLea
04-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Don't stop posting yall. You're making me sad. :(

ArtsyGirl
04-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm sorry, I've been suffering from headaches and a flare up of TMJ. I havent been doing much of anything. My eatings off since it hurts to chew so ice cream has been in my diet way to much.

Shari-sorry to hear about probably not getting your kitty. Maybe something else will come up.

canadian mom
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I claened out the flower bed in the front yard yesterday the kids can't wait to get new soil and plants. they are going to help pick them out and plant them.
My eating has been off track BIGTIME but I am slowly coming back around. I have not steppe on a scale in a bit this week will be the first in about 1.5 weeks. I have to for the biggest loser challenge i just hope it isn't up.

JasonsLea
04-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Love you lots Brandy! Get well soon.

Jen, I wish I had a green thumb. I love pretty flowers but hate the pests that come with them! I used to love digging in the dirt when I was little. My mama is a semi gardener right now......I think she's going to be one of those old ladies you see in her front and back yard everyday, messing around with her flowers. :)

canadian mom
04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't have a green thumb we are just staring. It is an activity the kids can help plan and we can do together even with the big age diffence between all of them and it makes our yard look nicer also. Can't go wromg there expecially since I will be buying my flowers not growing them myself. lol

JasonsLea
04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Cool beans! :D

Wide in Winnipeg
04-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Hi gals, just stopping in, I've been down with a nasty headache for a week now so I've been SOL on all my sites I'm usually on daily, so sorry.
Hope to be back at it soon, I'm back to 140.

JasonsLea
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Hope you get better soon Wendy!

Wide in Winnipeg
04-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Ok, enough slacking off for me, how about all of you? LOL!
game 16 starts tomorrow!!!!