Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/198/178

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone here on the South Beach Diet?

Hello fellow Chicks in Control!!!
Okay, so, as a rule, I feel a little bit weird about "diet plans"-not sure why, a little to 'controlling' perhaps? Anyway, I am kind of getting tired of just willing myself to eat better/healthy. I am a good cook, I know how to prepare whole foods, I don't really eat processed food at home. But lately, I have gotten into the bad trap of eating out a lot because I am very busy at work and just don't feel like cooking when I get home in the evening. Now, however, I am getting sick of take out, I am out of the rhythm of cooking and I feel like I need some kind of structure to my eating/cooking. SO, here are my questions!!
1. Is anyone here on the South Beach Diet? I have been thinking about starting it because I like the general way it prescribes to eat-it is very close to how I enjoy eating when I'm on my game. It also seems to have a good cleansing component.
2. Do people think that following a "strict" plan such as this is a danger if you are a (as I am!!!) an overeater/binger?

Phew. I know that this is a long post, but I am realizing that I need to do more, to really commit to something-more then just the idea of changing.
Thanks!!!!
keeponkeepingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there KEEPINGON . . .

You've definitely come to the right place for support and encouragement as you move along the great downward road to better health and fitness. This is a really big place so take some time to have a good look around and then just pop in and start posting wherever something catches your eye. I know you will always receive a very warm welcome wherever you may wander.

We definitely hve a thriving South Beach group and here is a link to that forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113 . . . Also hope you'll find time to make our Crazy Canuks Cluck Club one of your regular stops, too . . . here's that link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106341 . . .

Well, chickie . . . you have a great moving and shaking day, now and I'll be hoping to see you again soon . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 137/127/125

Height: 5'1''

South Beach is a great option in terms of "clean" eating and eliminating processed foods...I've found Phase 1 is too restrictive for me personally (no fruit!! yikes) but Phase 2, where most of the weight loss that isn't water weight occurs, is great. I pretty much eat that way and find it to make me feel and look better...just give yourself the needed time! Good luck! Also, be sure Phase 1 won't make you prone to binges as it is restrictive...
uf gator linz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/198/178

Height: 5'6"

Hi There!
Thanks so much for the info and the encouragement!! I think I would find Phase 1 to restrictive and probably would lead to some binges. Perhaps a modified version?
I did check out the SBD forum, but I didn't know there was a canadian forum. Yeah!!

Have a great sunday!!
keeponkeepingon is offline   Reply With Quote