Does it Work? - Green Teas

View Full Version : Green Teas

EleanorR
03-25-2007, 05:36 AM
I've been reading lots lately that Green Tea is really useful in weight loss because it speeds the metabolism up. I've tried a Lemon Grass Green Tea and a Blackcurrant one, and am trying to drink more of them.

Anyone found that they do indeed help?

toofatforu
03-25-2007, 08:59 AM
i have just started drinking one called Enviga .. berry flavored and it tastes very good, its supposed to burn calories ..

Suzanne 3FC
03-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Green tea is good for you because it contains antioxidants. Can it help you lose weight? It depends on how well you like green tea, and how patient you are :lol: If you drink 4 cups of good quality green tea every single day for a year, you'll lose up to 8 pounds over the course of the year.

Toofatforyu, Enviga probably won't be making that claim for long, they are in a lot of trouble for their claims. We've had a few threads about it which have been interesting. We did the math -
If 3 bottles per day burns an extra 106 calories per day, that's 38,690 calories per year. This breaks down to 11 pounds over the course of the year. At $1.49 per bottle, that's $1,642 to lose 11 pounds. :faint:

Lunalore
03-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Toofatforyu, Enviga probably won't be making that claim for long, they are in a lot of trouble for their claims. We've had a few threads about it which have been interesting. We did the math -
If 3 bottles per day burns an extra 106 calories per day, that's 38,690 calories per year. This breaks down to 11 pounds over the course of the year. At $1.49 per bottle, that's $1,642 to lose 11 pounds. :faint:
Thanks for that info Suzanne.

FWIW, I've tried Enviga and it's kind of nasty tasting, so I'm glad it doesn't work. :)

detroitmami
03-25-2007, 11:33 PM
I have heard that it is good for you. I have tried to drink it hot and cold but I just can't get it down. They do have green tea pills but the ones I bought were too big and I couldn't get those down either.

nelie
03-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Any tea is good for you so if you can't drink green, drink black or even try white. Jasmine is a really good tea which I believe is a mix of white and green.

Spunkster5
03-27-2007, 01:44 PM
I've been hearing a lot more about tea lately. My mom has been trying this Mate tea from South America...she says it really helps curb her appetite and gives her energy. I ordered some loose mate tea from ecoteas and bought a tea steeper from Teavana...so i hope to try it out and will let you all know. I also bought teavana's strawberry slender pur-eh tea that is supposed to be a diet tea.

AmberD
03-27-2007, 02:08 PM
I wasn't a big fan of green tea, but wanted to start drinking it because I read about all the health benifets. I started to drink Bigelow Green Tea blends. So far I've tried the earl grey, blueberry and mango green teas and liked them all. (Mango being my favorite) I plan on getting a box of either the lemon or the peach tonight.

I don't know if it helps me lose weight per se, but it defintely helps curb my appetite.

carolineintx
03-28-2007, 03:26 PM
I've drink enviga a few times a week. Actually I never drank caffeine before those, so the jolt of energy is quite interesting. I personally think the peach flavor tastes great, and the energy boost I get from the caffeine is enough to get me to work out even on those days where I've been dragging. So I figure while the calories burned by the drink aren't too much, the amount I burn working out the extra amount is well worth it. I suppose for that I could just buy any energy drink, but I really do like the taste, and the 5 calories a can is very reasonable.

KCWMU
04-02-2007, 11:34 AM
I've tried a few different types of green tea, and my absolute favorite is Lipton Mandrin Mango green tea. Its in the single serving pouches that you pour into water bottles =)