Exercise! - Biker Chicks Chat

View Full Version : Biker Chicks Chat

jamsk8r
03-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Starting a new thread here. The outdoorsy types have started up a chat, but with the new thread, I thought we should invite spinners, too, or anybody on any kind of bike for that matter. Feel free to report your miles/time, ask a question, or just have a chat.

:welcome3:

I'm still a newb, only up to 4 miles at a go right now, every other day. I chose cycling as a motivator, and I'm trying to work up to 30 miles (in one ride)/30 lbs down by my birthday (6/26) this year. There's a fun ride around that time, and my sister and I have signed up to do the 30 mile route. I'm taking it slow, but it seems to be working and is still fun to do.

Goal (mi/lbs): 30/30 by June 26
Current: 4/8
Today's ride: 4 miles

Cheryl

mudbug
03-24-2007, 08:59 PM
hello jamsk8r,
Thanks for the welcome! Sounds like your on your way to meeting your weight loss and biking goals. It all starts with a plan! When I'm riding I feel
light and free as a feather, when I'm walking my hips and feet hurt,so I think
biking is the way for me to get my exercise in. GOT out today and rode 7mi
I think I could of done more if I drank more water, got a bit warm [82] and
dehydrated. I try to have something to eat 30 before...like a powerbar I
seem to be able to ride longer.

goal 20 mi rides

currant 7-8mi

today's 7

jamsk8r
03-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the tip on eating first, Mudbug. I will give that a try and see if it makes a difference on my next ride. Good luck to you, with your 20 mile ride goal! I fell off the wagon with my eating for about 10 days, because I ran low on funds to restock the good food, but I'm back on track now, and hoping to see the scale start moving down again this week. I can really tell the difference in how I feel when I'm eating right. Wish I'd figured this out about 80 lbs ago!

Cheryl

CinnamonGirl
03-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi "Biker" Chickies :wave: (I liked that name, Cheryl!)

It's always a good thing to fuel up with a little something if you're going on a long ride. If I go right away in the morning I might only grab a banana but always bring something else ww bread, scone, or protein bar to eat along the way if my energy really lags. Water is definitely an absolute must. You might even want to bring two water bottles on really hot days. There's nothing worse than having to cut a great ride short because you don't have enough water.

It's raining here now which means soon all the snow will be gone and I can get out on the trails. can't wait to join you all.

Happy biking!
Beth

jamsk8r
03-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi "Biker" Chickies :wave: (I liked that name, Cheryl!)
(snip)
It's raining here now which means soon all the snow will be gone and I can get out on the trails. can't wait to join you all.

:D We'll call it "biker chicks chat" next time, just for you, Beth! lol

I hope you'll have some snow-free trails soon!

Cheryl

Ilene
03-25-2007, 01:34 AM
I'll join the thread later on in the Spring when the weather here gets nicer... Today I thought, great it's Spring almost then tonight we had a mini blizard :tantrum: ...

I'm the moderator of the exercise forum if you want me to change the title of the thread now I can do it ... Just let me know ...

boarderchick
03-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Hi all-- I'd love to join the thread if you'll have me...

I bike all the time, in various combinations on a hybrid, a hardtail and a dual suspension bike. I also want a road bike, but I think my husband would kill me. WAY too many bike tires, chain lube, allen wrenches, pedals etc etc lying around in our garage. Nuts!

I'm from an area that's world famous for MTB trails, so I also do the MTB in full armour downhill and in the bike parks.

I actually bike with a group of 6- 16 women every weekend. We do cross country MTB usually on a hardtail. It's really good to get together with a bunch of other "mom-type" gearheads and discuss all kinds of things while getting exercise. If anyone's having trouble getting started in biking, it's a great way to build confidence and support.

Anyhow, I look forward to sharing bike stories with all of you! I bike all year around, except for right now. It's monsooning all weekend...

Diva
03-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Hehe, I think "Biker Chick Chats" would be a cute title!

I wanna join y'all, but will have to wait on getting a new wheel for my bike.
:(
I've decided that riding my bike to the community center to do laps and then riding it back home would be a wonderful way to add variety to my Workout program.....I'm slowly becoming addicted! See what kind of influence you chicks have on me?! LOL!:p

Ilene
03-25-2007, 11:40 AM
DH and I just purchased some hybrids Here is my Gary :love: Fisher (http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/bike_detail.asp?bike=Monona) bike ... I'm so excited to try it out...

mudbug
03-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I always wanted to be called a biker chick . heehee. Had to mow the yard today so only got in 3 mi. today Plan to have a good ride tomorrow before some rain comes in. Everybody ride safe out there!

boarderchick
03-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Nice bike Ilene!! Nothing more motivating than a new bike. Enjoy!

jamsk8r
03-26-2007, 02:43 AM
Ilene, thanks for changing the title...I got a good laugh when I saw that tonight! That bike is bee-yoo-tiful!

Boarderchick, welcome! Your group sounds really great. My "roadbike" is a $20 ten speed, lol, but I'm loving it!

Diva, sorry to hear about your wheel. :( Hope you're back on the road soon. I think your idea of riding to the community center is a great one!

Mudbug, good job getting some riding in today. I didn't ride today, as I'm still going every other day, but will get out tomorrow. Just wanted to check in and see if we were getting any hits. Glad to see the thread taking off!

Cheryl

likestobike
03-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Hello!

I'm new to posting here, but have been lurking for about a week. I lost a few pounds last year when I was riding my bicycle to work a few times a week (6 miles each way, uphill on the way there, downhill on the way back). I had finally psyched myself up to start again this morning since the weather is finally warm without a chance of rain. I even woke up an hour earlier so I would have enough time. But as soon as I loaded up my rear rack and got on my bike I heard a strange sound. It turns out that my fender broke :( I know it's not a huge deal, but it left me a bit dejected. I didn't end up riding to work, but I'm hoping I can just take off the fender tonight and then be good to go tomorrow.

Anyway, I look forward to checking in with you all as a way to motivate myself to ride my bike more.

Ilene
03-26-2007, 06:39 PM
:welcome: likestobike :wave:

harcrashley
03-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Well, I've been lurking as well, and might was well join you guys (chicks). I used to ride quite a bit and was in training for a 400-mile fundraising ride when I hurt my back. Now four years later after rehabbing, etc., I'm riding again, but on a recumbent so that there's no stress on my back. Actually I call it tootling, not riding. Thankfully I live in Florida so I don't have hills to deal with. Haven't figured out how to get uphill on my recumbent other than just spinning in a low gear. Can't get up out of the saddle and climb like on a road bike. But I'm loving it as much as ever after. Nothing like getting around on an HPV. I'm in on setting April goals!!

AnneWonders
03-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Boarderchick, where do you live? The group sounds wonderful!

I blew off a nice road ride on a beautiful Saturday when my DH was watching DD due to a horrible hacking cough that would not STOP. Frustrating. My friend went without me and made 42 miles. I at least made it up to fill her water bottles. Hoping to ride again this week--still remains to be seen if I'll be on dirt or pavement.

Anne

Ilene
03-26-2007, 10:17 PM
harcrashley :welcome:

mudbug
03-27-2007, 10:10 AM
welcome likestobike, 6 miles both way? that sounds like a great workout!

hello harcrashley, I too have issues with my back. Had to have the bottom3 levels pinned and fussed so there is no bending there. so I must sit pretty uprite in the saddle ,handlebars are turned up for me to make it easier so far so good . Had a little mishap the other day but didn't go down got bruised up a bit. I really need to be more careful then I am but I get carried away and Think I'm a teenager or am invincible.
Does anyone watch cyclysm sundays on Versus? There was so many accidents !!!! Had a very cautious ride yesterday after watching that.

logging 9mi. for yesterday

goal- 20mi. ride

likestobike
03-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!

I ended up sleeping through my alarm today (excuses, excuses!) so I didn't bike to work again. The rest of the week is kind of crazy with meetings in different locations, but starting next week, my goal is to ride my bike to work twice a week. I think that is a good, realistic goal.

Good luck everyone!

harcrashley
03-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your back problems, and your little mishap, mudbug. But good to hear you've been able to adapt your riding style to fit your back! I probably won't log any miles until Friday or Saturday. I do reformer Pilates twice a week to strengthen my back and core, the elliptical a couple times a week since there's no impact to my back doing that and I can burn some calories, and then ride a couple times a week. The combo of those three keeps me pretty happy and keeps my butt moving!

jamsk8r
03-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Welcome, likestobike and harcrashley!

I am having problems getting my workouts in, and it's stressing me out. :(
I think I'm just way too much of a perfectionist (using the PC term, lol), and tend to just give up when I can't get the workout in at the time I planned for it. I'm going to go from past experience here, and just stop trying to plan a workout schedule. I'm going to focus on the eating (as in, eating the right foods to help me feel better and lose weight) for now, and let the biking and running come as they will. I think this will work better for me right now, rather than the rigid schedule I was trying (and failing) to stick to. One habit at a time, usually works for me, so I'm going to start with my diet. This will relieve the stress, and I will report in with whatever I am doing on the bike and keep checking in here. I'm not giving up, but I think that for now, the whole stress of trying to work up to 30 miles is not so much a motivator as feeling like an anvil hanging over my head, especially if I miss a scheduled ride. I want the biking to be fun, and not another chore I have to squeeze in.

Sorry for the rambling, just trying to get this sorted out in my head. Right now is just a busy time with a lot of projects going on at home and work, and I just have felt pulled in too many directions at once. I'm sure it will all work out if I just let it come about more naturally and get my priorities in order!

Cheryl

boarderchick
03-27-2007, 08:58 PM
wndranne--I live in an area of Vancouver BC, Canada. Close to mountains and there are tons of trails on the north shore. I love my biking group, and now just organizing next weekend's ride. I think this one for Saturday... I'm training for a 1/2 marathon, and that's taking alot of my attention. My first love is biking though.

Hope you get over your cough. How annoying!

Cheryl--yes, look at exercise as not a chore but as a joy if you can. It's hard when you have such a concrete goal. Stick with it, you'll do fine! The cool thing is after you meet your goal you'll have much more confidence.

I'll let you all know if I squeeze a ride in the weekend

mudbug
03-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Sorry to hear your stressed out, jamsk8r :dizzy: forcing ourseves to get in our exercise is not enjoyable when schedules don't allow it. Just hang in there!

AnneWonders
03-30-2007, 06:21 PM
I rode 4 miles today on some of the nastiest trail I've tried yet. Well, I probably rode about 2 miles, and pushed about 2 miles. I had a close encounter with a cactus and a flat tire. Couldn't get my nerve up to barrel down the rocky washes like the guys did, so I ended up walking a lot. 1.5 hrs. Geeze. Anyway, plan for tomorrow is 45 on the road, 2.5-3 hrs. I'll check back in then.

Anne

Ilene
03-30-2007, 11:22 PM
I can't wait for the nice weather to bike :tantrum: :(

mudbug
03-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Wed.- 10mi.
Fri.-11mi took me 90 min.sooo windy out.

wndranne, I'm so impressed your my hero!;)

Rhonda

harcrashley
03-31-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks to the welcoming committee! Just got back from an 11.5 mile ride. It's beautiful these days in Central Florida. Best time of year, before it gets way too hot and humid. Had a bit of wind resistance, but just a great day to ride. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

AnneWonders
03-31-2007, 03:58 PM
This morning was 48 miles. I am properly conditions for about 30, and with the gnarly mtn biking experience yesterday, let's just say today was painful. Took about 3.5 hrs, which was way longer than I was expecting. Now I'm probably conditioned for about 40! LOL. A lot of the ride was absolutely gorgeous though, winding through mountains (yes, rolling hills) and beautiful stands of cactus. The desert is starting to bloom this year.

It actually doesn't take that long to get up to riding long distances on the road. I think the hardest part of conditioning is the first 20. After that it is easy (more or less) to ride an additional 5 miles a week on the long ride. The first 20 is a killer if I remember right.

Anne

AnneWonders
03-31-2007, 04:00 PM
PS: I hate wind! I will sometimes cancel a ride if it's windy. You ladies should be proud of yourselves!

boarderchick
04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Had a great ride yesterday with 6 of my biking group. We did cross country MTB trail. Really wooded. It actually hailed! Only for a few minutes. We're not used to seeing hail here, mostly bears etc. Took us 1 hour to do 10 K, but we were also lifing bikes over fallen trees etc. Very fun.

AnneWonders
04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Boarderchick, I love the idea of mountain biking so much, and do OK on the easy trails, but I find I'm terrified of falling (or being a pincushion for the nearest cactus, like I did on Saturday). Any tips for keeping calm? Do you clip into your pedals? I'm thinking about putting my flat pedals on again until I get more used to it. The problem is that I've been clipped on the road bike so long, I tend to lift my feet off on the upstroke, which causes problems of its own.

Anne

mudbug
04-02-2007, 10:41 PM
got in a good ride today ... 12.5mi felt sooo good after doing nothing all weekend. I feel the inner me wants to go mountain biking but is afraid of hitting the dirt, and screwing up my back further. I truley enjoy listening to everyone's adventures:bike: have fun!!

Rhonda

likestobike
04-03-2007, 09:42 AM
I finally psyched myself up to ride to work today! The weather was beautiful. So, that's 6 miles this morning and then another 6 miles this afternoon. I also rode 3 miles each way to my yoga class yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty good! :carrot:

mudbug
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
O.K. It's been 3 days and I haven't been able to ride, and I am having withdrawls:yikes: If I"M not able to get a bike ride in soon I'm going to drive my family nuts!!! Never thought I'd feel this way about a workout. Now if I can feel this passionate about eating healthier I'll have It made:hungry:

Rhonda

boarderchick
04-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Anne-- hi! I ride various conditions right from full armour at the whistler bike park. You go up the chairlift on a dual suspension bike and then ride down the ski runs. I also do corss coutnry on a hardtail with spiky flat pedals, which I love. I also clip into a hardtail for more of a comute-type ride. I'm scared of clipping in on anything technical. Psyches me out actually. Love taking risks but mostly only when I'm in body armour. RE keeping calm--it's like skiing...whatever's underneath yo it's too late to do anything about. Focus on the trail ahead. If you're really unsure about a stunt, try doing it with a spotter ie with a big log or drop. Very confidence boosting. You ride longer than me though, I usually do about 2-3 hours unless I'm at whistler. You should be giving me advice aobut endurance!

mudbug--you sound like you need to ride! Come heck or high water. Get out there if you can! Hope your back allows it soon!

Incidentally, I have two rides going this weekend. will let you know how it goes. I'm psyched, but first I have to get through a long 2 1/2 hour run tomorrow...

AnneWonders
04-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Where'd everybody go?

I rode 4 miles this afternoon on the mountain bike. Went on some of the jeep roads around the house, and a little bit of singletrack, just to see if I was less of a coward with the flat pedals on, instead of being clipped in. Yep, much less of a coward, but I could also feel that I lost a lot of power on the hills. Trade offs. Going to look for some new pedals where I have options.

Oh yeah, 35 minutes.

Anne

mudbug
04-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Anne.... I'm still here! just waiting for it to warm up outside. We actually had sleet here in Southern Lousiana!! :dizzy: Should be back in the 80's in 2 days. I know I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold. Once my ears and nose get cold it's over for me I go into survivor mode:faint: I've been looking for a bottle cage that I don't have to screw on, and found one on Bike Nashbar.com
just waiting for it to come. I just have a problem putting holes in my new bike.Well, Everyone have a great Monday !!

Rhonda

:bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2:

boarderchick
04-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi-- Still here! computer crashed a bit and had to slightly go to hospital. I think they call it "blue screen of death'. Recovered though.

Had two rides this weekend, both cross country. One 90 minutes or so, felt like I wanted to do more, and the other one was 60 minutes. This was after my 2 hour 20 minute training run on Good Friday. Needless to say, I'm a tad tired.

I also have a huge back/neck spasm, so not allowed to exercise at the moment. Not good with that at all!

The weather's improving here, and I'll try and be out at least one day this weekend, if my neck situation improves.

Anne, I like flat pedals with spikes, so you can still do a bit of lifting on the upstroke. Jsut make sure you don't gouge your shins with them!

Later all!

AnneWonders
04-10-2007, 11:43 PM
I also have a huge back/neck spasm, so not allowed to exercise at the moment. Not good with that at all!

Sounds like the perfect excuse for a massage.

Anne

ennay
04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
hmmm... gonna have to get on my real bike soon. Been doing recumbent stationary biking ~ 2x a week. Time to tune up the butt and wrists.

ArtsyGirl
04-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone. I'll be joining you as soon as it stops SNOWING here in MI. I just had to share the news of a new bike. I purchased a Specialized Dolce road bike to supplement my riding (have a nice Trek MB I love). I'm very excited. I got to bring it home today, but the weather is not being nice.

Here's the link, but I'm not sure its working.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=21880

Ilene
04-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Nice :love: bike Artsy... My MB is a Specialized...

I am soooo looking forward to the nice weather!!!!!!

AnneWonders
04-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Brandy, my road bike is also a Specialized Dolce, I think about a 2004 model. I love it.

Anne

mudbug
04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Finally got to ride yesterday and today:cb: :carrot: :cb: :carrot: 90 min.ea.
I hope when I lose more of my weight it will be easier to go longer and farther.

Sweet ride, ArtsyGirl :)

Rhonda

drake3272004
04-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Well it's finally starting to feel like spring, we just dodged more snow the other day.......it was all around us but never made it this far north. :carrot: So I got the bikes down and got them all ready yesterday! The kids were then BEGGING to go out and ride today, had to give in:D ;)

Wow, you gals really get out there!!! I don't know if I could do 20 miles:o I just got my bike a year ago, hadn't been on one in 10 years:o :o It's nothing fancy AT ALL!
I was able to lose 19 lbs. last summer by just biking around town. We have trails here, but I'm in Eastern North Dakota and there is not a hill in sight. So nothing real challenging. It was mostly just a way to get moving at first and then with gas prices:mad: the way they are, I decided to run my errands on the bike as much as I could! I honestly don't even know how far we made it around town!! I need to figure out what that is in miles:D

mudbug
04-14-2007, 11:33 AM
canfield...:welcome3:

:tantrum: My bike is in the shop for some adjustments and it's taken way too long!!! I'm stuck riding old faithfull:lol: but a workout is a workout. Found a cycling club nearby that rides several times a week. They have a beginners ride 12-15mi. I'm gonna try next sat. I'm so excited about that:dancer: Ive been riding solo and would love some company.:bike: :bike: :bike: :bike:

Rhonda

Diva
04-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I got my bike fixed! YAY!!!!!!!!

I'm def going to have to use my inhaler though, just trying to come up one small incline I had a mini asthma attack. :( I really wanna ride it 1.8 miles to the community center, swim some laps and ride it 1.8 miles back home, but the ride is VERY hilly and I am thinking I might have to build up to this goal.

I'm excited!!! :carrot:

drake3272004
04-14-2007, 11:17 PM
I got my bike fixed! YAY!!!!!!!!

I'm def going to have to use my inhaler though, just trying to come up one small incline I had a mini asthma attack. I really wanna ride it 1.8 miles to the community center, swim some laps and ride it 1.8 miles back home, but the ride is VERY hilly and I am thinking I might have to build up to this goal.

I'm excited!!!

Asthma sucks! Last summer it was sooooo dry here and dusty, I had to go in and get an inhaler. I hadn't had to use one in 3 years:p Usually I can control it with minimal caffeine, controlled breathing, and the occasional allergy pill. But I was determined not to let it slow me down, so glad I didn't!!

boarderchick
04-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi all--

My back spasm has largely gone away, so I was able to ride today. My sister and I did an easy trail by the seymour river at a very relaxed pace. It was about 12 degrees C out and no rain. The river was rushing and totally beautiful. I think, dare i say it?, that spring has sprung in my neck of the woods.

I didn't want to overdo it, as I ran 10K yesterday for a training run for the 1/2 marathon. My rides will be longer once I'm done with that.

Hope everyone was able to get out this weekend.

Erinyes74
04-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Alright, we've got some riders out there!

I'm in New Hampshire. Right now we're getting hit with the same freak huge storm that's drenched half the country, so sadly, the trails will be too wet to ride for awhile (roads are no fun! no offense, roadies! :p ). Don't want to damage them, so we'll wait for drier weather.

Anyways, my current ride is a 2004 Santa Cruz Blur. :D
http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/bicycles/full.php?bike=blurxc

It's waaaay more bike than I need, but I love it.

Wndranne- If you're looking for a nice set of platform pedals, check out the Easton Flatboy.
http://www.bikesomewhere.com/bikesomewhere.cfm/product/28/164/7550

They're really solid-- you can smack them against anything and they will come out the winner! (Downside: they're heavy!). Also, if you want to avoid falling on downhills (who doesn't?), the best thing you can do is keep your weight back. And the best way to do that is to stay off your seat-- keep your butt waaaay back, like, over your back wheel. You can almost never be too far back (as long as you stay low-- chest over seat).

boarderchick- A Shore rider. I'm sooooo jealous! Before I die, I'd like to get out there and ride some of that. Sick, sick stuff! :D

Anyways, happy trails to you ladies! If anyone's in Southern NH and they want to do some riding, PM me! I'll ditch DD (she's 9 months old, so not quite ready yet, but soon!) with DH.

Steph

mudbug
04-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Got in a good ride today after getting my bike out of the shop:carrot: Rode for approx. 90 min. felt I could keep going, but my bum was numb. Got to get that thing used to the saddle again:lol3:
steph....nice bike:cp: and:welcome:
borderchick...glad your back is feeling better:hug:
Hoping the weather gets better for ya'll up north:crossed:

Rhonda

boarderchick
04-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi Steph--yes, I'm a shore rider, also whistler. We have everything here from green runs to the gnarliest of black diamonds. I love the technical stuff that's not too high. There are some ramps, a-frames and skinnies built close to the ground so if you bail you don't need search and rescue. I'm sort of a blue run kind of girl.

I agree with you re: keeping weight b-a-c-k. In addition, I'd say use rear brake 80% and front brake 20% on descents. Also, feather the brakes and don't skid on the trail, roll... Look and face toward where you're going and not where you're afraid you'll end up. I regularly take bunches of new women onto the mountain to try trail riding, and I'm always saying that!

happy riding all!

boarderchick
04-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh, and mudbug, glad to hear your bike is out of hospital.

vickidr
04-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi All,

Am seriously thinking about buying a bike...just dont know which type to buy...I live in central Indiana..pretty flat,prefer to ride on paved & I think I'm in pretty good shape now. I normally walk at a slight incline on the treadmill for 3 miles a day about 5 days a week..Also work with free weights 3 times a week..Need to change it up a bit though..I do have achy knees that I'm trying to rehab with strengthing excersises...Any recommendations greatly appreciated...Thanks,Vicki

AnneWonders
04-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Bump!

I've been away for a week. Hoping to get a ride in this weekend after I do about 4000 loads of laundry.

Anne

mudbug
04-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Wndranne, Thats no fun .

Got a good 90min. ride in today . Yesterday, got a flat so my exercise for that

day was walking my bike 2mi back to my car. Oh well ,it was exercise. I

have a group ride Sat. 1st time riding with a group :carrot: Weather will be

upper 50's that morning, but I'm sure it will warm up quickly.

HAPPY RIDING EVERYONE!!:bike: :bike2: :bike: :bike2: :bike: :bike2: :bike: :bike2:

Rhonda

boarderchick
04-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi Rhonda--enjoy your group ride! I hope it goes really well for you! I just ahd 1 hour 45 minute run, so no ride for me today. I'm going to try and go tomorrow with my sister.

I'll let you know if I make it out there. The trails here were beautiful today, I was trail running...

Ilene
04-20-2007, 09:24 PM
vickidr --My recommendation would be a hybrid type bike, but visit a reputable bike dealer and try a bunch out, they'll be able to help you...

I got my first bike ride of the season in today, the weather is finally nice :sunny:...Did 20k in 58mins...

Tomorrow I pick up my new bike :D:D:D:D: I can't wait!! http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=fastcity&bike=Monona

Ilene
04-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Saturday, with my new bike, did 20k in the morning and 20 in the afternoon :D
Today only 12k, but I ran 8k ...

mudbug
04-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Hello biker chicks:wave:

Went on my first group ride Sat. When I pulled up and saw all the professonal bikes and bikers I was a little nervous. Thankfully there was a beginners group. What a beautiful day!!! We rode 18 mi. , the most I've done at one time but It didn't seem it. Everyone was so nice and I think I'm hooked!!
:bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2: :bike2:

Rhonda:carrot:

Ilene
04-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Wow, Rhonda that's awesome mileage for the first time :bravo:

This morning I did 15k/9miles

boarderchick
04-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey Rhonda--glad your group ride went well. Good for you for joining in despite being nervous. Way to go!

No riding for me on the weekend. I ran 1 hour 45 minutes, tapering for my 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks. I'm going to try next weekend.

drake3272004
04-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Hello all! Glad to hear that some of that crazy:dizzy: weather is finally clearing for you gals! It's been pretty windy here. My hubby and I went out on our bikes on Friday, without the kids:D , and we got a pretty good ride in. It was so windy though that afterwards I felt sick for awhile, the wind in my ears whacked out my equalibrium:p Then that night I was on the net getting ready to post on here and our tornado sirens went off! Wind gusts up to 60 mph! Glad we were already home.
So, I didn't get back out again til today, went to the library with the kids. Extra points for lugging all those books on my back;)

Misti in Seattle
06-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Hello everyone... is this group still active? I notice it has been a while since anyone has posted. If so I would love to join. I just got my bike today and it is definitely not a fancy one but I'm excited to get it and get out there!!