Exercise! - "bra fat"

View Full Version : "bra fat"

jemini6782
03-24-2007, 11:51 AM
please help. i'm losing weight and need to get rid of bra fat (the stuff that hangs out on the sides of the bra)i have dumbells any exercises you know of will be a big help to me:hug:

shrinkingchica
03-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Hmmmm, that would be a very tricky area to "spot reduce." I don't know if it can be done. Anyone?
I don't have any fat there left and still I have lose skin coming out. Unfun.

House_of_Mirth
03-24-2007, 01:42 PM
If you have "bra fat" you probably have the wrong sized bra or are wearing yours too tight (to many hooks in) a good fitting bra should have no "overflow" any where (not over the straps or over the cups-unless its a push up- so you dont get bra fat ( I love that phrase!) or four bood effect in front). As for spot reducing I think we all know thats impossible but I think the muscles there would be worked with most core excersizes like push ups and plank poses. The Ladies who lift would probably be better equipt to answer that queston tho.

DayByDay
03-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Prevention's Firm Up in 3 Weeks is a great book with both dumbbell and core exercises to do daily. It's a 3-week program with 3 levels. I started at level 1 and intend to get through all 3 levels and just continue on with the level 3 program. I just checked on Amazon and you can get it new for around $15.00. I combine the exercises in the book with a daily walking program and reduced calorie diet. A lot of the dumbbell exercises target the areas you're talking about ;)

MariaMaria
03-24-2007, 06:53 PM
A lot of the dumbbell exercises target the areas you're talking about

How is this possible?

Muscle and fat are independent of each other. You can build muscle in a specific area, but you can't remove fat in a specific area other than by surgery.

For the OP, if the problem is back fat/side fat around the bra band, a bra with more hooks might help. If your breasts are coming out of the top or sides of the bra cups, you need a bigger cup.

DayByDay
03-24-2007, 08:15 PM
How is this possible?

Muscle and fat are independent of each other. You can build muscle in a specific area, but you can't remove fat in a specific area other than by surgery.

For the OP, if the problem is back fat/side fat around the bra band, a bra with more hooks might help. If your breasts are coming out of the top or sides of the bra cups, you need a bigger cup.

When I said that it "targets this area", I meant exactly that...the exercises tone and strengthen the muscles in this area. That, in combination with losing excess body fat. One without the other is pointless. Just build up muscle without losing the fat and you end up with muscles buried under fat. Diet with no strength building and you will end with the loose skin look.