Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #1  

Default Hello!

I'm new here!

I've never tried WW before, but I am nursing my 4 month old, and want a healthy way to lose without harming him, or my milk supply and I stumbled upon WW for nursing mothers. I'm a WAHM, and don't have the time or money to go to meetings right now, but I've done lots of research and I am confident I can do this!

I lost about 75 lbs on a modified atkins plan two years ago. Then, I quit smoking and gained over 40 lbs in three months. I got pregnant the month after that and gained an additional 35. I managed to lose the weight from having my son, but still have a ways to go!

Hope to get to know you all soon!!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
I'm new too (started on Thursday). Just wanted to wish you well in your endeavors. I once was 260 and lost a lot of weight with Atkins (down to 189) then have creeped back up to 212. Just can't do Atkins again. Love the idea I can have it just count it. Everything was a cheat on Atkins and becomes defeating after awhile. Anyway, I'm doing mine at home as well with assistance from the internet. I waitress and have crazy hours and making a meeting just won't work for me unless I want to drive an hour both ways.
So ggod luck!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #3  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

good luck and wlecome!

wveryone here is so nice and supportive. Glad you're here.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6''

Welcome and good luck! I am a nursing mom too! My dd is now 20 months old and I am in the process of weaning (I am soooo ready to be done, she isn't, ugh). At any rate, I think ww is a great plan for nursing moms, just don't be afraid to eat your extra points! When my dd started solids, I lowered my "breastfeeding points", but even now I still use a few of them and all my 35 weekly points. You can do it! Good luck!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Nursing Mommy Here~

Hi, I am a nursing mom too. I am a SAHM and have 2 babies under 2. I started WW a week ago yesterday. I have my 20 yr class reunion coming up in September. That along with just wanting to feel better, be healthier and have more energy are the reasons I started the program. I really need to get the weight off to be able to do my job. Being an older "new" mommy is a lot harder. I weighed in last night and have lost 2 lbs my first week. I have a larger goal set for myself. I started at 175 and would like to get off at the least 30 lbs. I know the weight will come off. It is just so hard sometimes to stay motivated. I walked 3 nights this past week and have 35 daily points, so that was great! I guess I was just hoping that my first week loss would have been greater. I know it would just be fluid, but it might have pumped me up a little more. Anyone else nursing think that the weight comes off slower than norm or was your first week like mine? Looking for some real motivation here....HUGS~
Closed Thread