Support Groups - Weight Loss and ChitChat #242.

View Full Version : Weight Loss and ChitChat #242.

Marti
03-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles,:woops: and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Marti
03-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Would stick around a little bit but I need to take the dog to the vet this morning....he's getting his teeth cleaned again!!

Have a great morning and remember: It's FRIDAY!!! :D

onmyown
03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Jules~ I know it! My 19 year old daughter has been living in LA for 8 months now. I go through periods of not hearing from her for a long time. It's horrible. I miss her!

Ladies I'm back down plus .25~ NEW LOW for me. Yeah! I also exercised! I went 25 minutes on the stationary bike here. :) It really burned but I want to lose those inches. I feel slimmer too. The funny thing is my digital scale was right for the first time..darn it. I was down 3 pounds on the digital and 1.25 on the true scale. haha! For once I wanted it to be wrong. Oh well....maybe when you get closer to your actual goal it gets more accurate.

Bandmom1011
03-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Good Afternoon ladies-
I have had a major case of the grumpies this week. I was going to quit my job, but I think I have changed my mind again. I really have it made schedule wise, which is about the only good thing about it. I don't know.

I have been able to get over my goal in exercise this week. :-)

We are experiencing flooding in our area. Anytime there is much rain our property floods. Well it poured all night and we woke to water almost to the house. We turned the sump pump back on and there is water at ground level under the house. We have a major issue with this too! Anyhow, all of us had to have our rubber boots to get to the van. I drove the kids to the end of the driveway and the water is so high I had to deposit them in the middle of the road before it was dry so that they could get on the bus. I have to leave in a few min to go get them so they don't have to wade calf deep water to get in the house. I HATE living here!!!! They say there are more storms coming and this part of Indiana is in a flood watch.

SUE- I live near Kokomo.

Sassy- hope you are feeling better

Way to GO Onmyown!

onmyown
03-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Jodi I think a flood would cause anybody to feel grumpy. With all you have to do on a daily basis with the family ~ lets just add a flash flood! Wow! You're pretty amazing to handle all of that! Hang in there ~ it'll get better I'm sure. Good job on the exercising too!

I just want to make a note here. I'm finally taking care of myself. It's been so long since I've done this. Yesterday I went for the FIRST pedicure ever. And i've been tanning and this morning I felt a lot lighter and I took a long bath and put aloe lotion all over and my toes looked so pretty! It felt really good. I think it's amazing that I'm feeling this good when I still have so much weight to lose. :) I used to always say i'd to such and such 'when I lose the weight'....It's nice not to have to wait.

Ok...better get back to reality and books. haha!

Tina

Bandmom1011
03-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Tina- you know I am always saying when I lose weight I am going to....

Why do we feel like we can only do it when we lose weight????

I keep telling my hubby that when I lose weight I am getting my belly button pierced and a tattoo on my hip. He tells me I am NOT doing either. Heck I think if I can get 50 lbs off I should be allowed to do any darn thing I want! hmph

Thanks for the comments, it lifted my spirits :-)

Tomorrow my daughter has a band contest and then we have to go to mother in law's bday party. I absolutly DREAD that. I can take her in small doses and it's been awhile since I saw her, but when my youngest brother in law and his kids are there, that's when I can't handle it very well because my mil just drives me crazy with those kids! I don't want to go, but it will prob cause a fight if I refuse... what to do....

suetalks
03-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Happy Friday JL's. I hope someone, somewhere is having sunshine. Like Jodi we are having rain, rain and more rain. UGH!
I had a good day even though I did the ironing. My least favorite job ever. I also got my hair cut, which feels so much better. Then I cleaned out some clothes for Goodwill and did a load of laundry.
Managed to get in a 25 minute walk before the rain started again...we walked as long as it just drizzled, but once I got wet I was DONE. :)
Eating was really OP today...makes me feel good! If I don't lose this week I sure don't know why!

Jodi- My in-laws live up closer to your area. We were actually supposed to head up there tomorrow, but are afraid of the flooding.

Tina- Way to go on taking care of YOU. Like most women I say I will do it "when I lose weight." I just told my friend yesterday that I am not buying Spring clothes until I lose weight. How silly is that? We still have to cover our bodies...can't go nude, or wouldn't want to. LOL I have never had a pedicure..and only once had a manicure.

Sassy, Mindee, Marti- Hi chickies...have a good week-end.

tommysgirl18
03-24-2007, 01:30 AM
nothing really new on this end.....just checking my email and things. I should probably head to bed but I needed to check my email. Seems like Marissa Lynne and Morgan Grace are in a tie for the baby name poll.

Not sure if my message made it through the other day, but we are going to be revealing her name on Sunday. So, if I don't make it on here to post, check out my siggy. I will at least update that for you all if I can't make it on here.

fcmonroe
03-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I was looking around the site for a good place to call "home". This looks like it may fit, so I'll be joining in some.

I'm 44 (as of 3/18) and I want to be a reasonable weight by the time I'm 50. Right now, I'm about 230, but I can't find the scale. I'm not following a set program, I'm trying moderation and no candy to start with. (I'm looking around for a program as well, but I'm going to try baby steps this time around.) My weight loss pattern is to lose somewhere between 30 and 60 pounds and then gain that back plus 10 more! After doing that for about 20 years, you can end up with a heck of a weight problem!!

So, I need to adjust my attitude and make this a life-long thing.

Hope to have fun getting to know everyone!

Frances

Bandmom1011
03-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Sue- the flooding isn't that bad, I wouldn't worry about it. Alot of ground flooding, yards, fields that sort of thing. Creeks are pretty high, but I don't know of any roads washed out.

Francis- you have found the right place! :welcome:
So far I think you are on the right track... moderation and slacking on the candy can really help. Might help for you to keep a food journal. That way you can pinpoint some of your problem areas and figure out how to fix them. Something that I did recently was get an exercise buddy on this group to help me get started doing that cause I never wanted to do any. I don't know that it has helped me in losing, but I definatly feel better about myself. Each week I have been setting an exercise goal and meeting it feels good!

If you would want for me to be your accountability buddy, I would be more than happy to. I can help you figure out the direction you need to take and help you with your exercise too. I am no expert, just have tried every diet on the planet I think and I told my exercise buddy that I wanted to be an inspiration to someone like she was to me!!! Let me know if you are interested and we can chat. :-)

Marti
03-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies! :Wave:

Frances--Hello and Welcome!! :welcome2: Looking forward to getting to know you.

Jodi--Good Job in reaching your exercise goals!! For me, exercise is key to seeing any weightloss. (makes it hard for me on my lazy days!)

Tina--What a wonderful feeling isn't it? I started feeling good to once I started concentrating on me and really taking care of myself. Keep up the great work.

Sue--We've been having wonderful Spring weather! The sun will shine and make everyone at work envious of all the ones that are outside working. Hope you see sunshine soon!

Mindee--I was first to pick a name.:D (the poll had only one when I chose it) I chose Morgan Alexis. I had many names for Jhanai when I was pregnant and Elexis was one of them. Elexis Monique, Nicole Sharae, Daphne Louise,....and the list went on.

Jules--How is your daughter doing? I can't imagine having a kidney stone. My sister dealt w/that last year....said it was not fun. Lots of hugs her way! :hug:

Sassy--I'm late w/this but really sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope your feeling much better. Hugs! :hug:

Jane--I hope you and Mary are having a fabulous time in Chicago!! Don't forget to bring me a souvenier!!:D

Judy--11lbs is great!! And in one month. Here I'm thrilled that I've lost 15lbs and it's been since October! :lol: I'm a slow loser, but I figured, as long as I'm losing, I'm happy.

Karin--Very typical of the man to lose weight no matter what they eat!! My hubby is the same. One week of eating less and more healthy and he'll lose twice as much as me! Crazy I tell ya.

Cristi--You must be busy busy busy, with all the moving and cleaning. I'm not looking forward to that at all, but I think when we start......I will be taking much less than what I own. I own tooooooo much crap!

Moimoi--How you doing?? 20 minutes is a great start! I started off doing only 20 minutes and even now I only workout 30-40mins. Still makes a difference. Keep up the great work.

Jen--Looks like you're doing great w/the exercise and eating right and staying away form cigarettes. Should feel good about it all. Being able to accomplish two things is a major milestone! You're doing fantastic.

And a great big hello to any one I may have missed! I tried my best to get you all.....so many of us!!

Ok...I need to get moving, need to go pick up my boy from the vet...he had 4 more teeth pulled....poor thing. Also have to meet up w/our agent guy to talk to our inspector....oh, did I mention we put an offer on a house?? :D Another reason I'm so busy lately.

Off I go, have a great weekend!

PinkSands
03-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Good Morning Ladies:wave:

I think my comp is having PMS, gees...couldn't get into anything yesterday, so I wanted to come give a quick Hello to All before it decides to mess up again...It's raining, raining, raining but that is MUCH better than snow, blah!!

I fell down the rabbit hole and came out in ONEderland Wooo Hooo!!!:carrot: LOL

Welcome Frances from another newbie:wave:

Have a Great Weekend Everyone, I'll be spending mine working on my comp:dizzy:

Pink Jane LOL

karin
03-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Just checking in to see what's going on... So far the week has been good. I had to go to my doctor on Thursday to get refills for meds, and I was down 6 lbs from when I saw him last month! So you can imagine I'm thrilled and completely over my frustration from last week... :dancer:

Going out to dinner tonight to our fav restaurant with the usual suspects... They have a great selection of fresh fish, so as long as we stick to no starches, we will be okay.

Jodi: You are absolutely right about the "when I lose... when I lose..." mentality. Why should anyone wait?? Live for the day!! Of course, you have to work around your flooding... :( That just stinks. Hope it's getting better...

Tina: When do we get to see the new car? :spin: << I'm taking a spin in your car with you... ba ha ha! :p

Francis and Pink Jane: :welcome3:

Hope everyone else is doing well too!!

-Karin

onmyown
03-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I'll try to post it tomarrow. I feel today like I should be on the 'depression' thread. My hubby is being an A. Hole. :( I'm suppose to go to a party tonight and I don't feel like partying. My GF's just told me that they'd be sad if I DIDN'T go. So...we'll see. I hate this. I just want to go back to bed.

I have to clean tho. I'm feeling really blue today. Maybe I need to eat something. I used to just not eat when I was upset (and then make up for it later....eating crap) Ok...ladies have a good day.

T

suetalks
03-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Tina- Hope you perked up. I can relate to the husband part...although mine has been good today since I feel bad. Some days he is just a grump all day.

I felt bad all night and still weak and not much good today. Sooo, how to spend a SUNNY (finally) Sat. just lazing about. I am cold, then too warm. I sure hope it isn't the flu coming on.

Anyway...hi to everyone.....and Miss Marti...NO you did not mention you put an offer on a house. I want details..was it the one you had looked at without James? Tell us about it....or are you afraid to jinx it? If so ignore me. LOL

FrouFrou
03-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Hello ladies...

Lots of posts since I've been gone. Will try to do a little bit of catchup tomorrow sometime...can't promise you anything. Just too darn busy. But soooo very glad the move part is over! I have never been so exhausted in my life. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it thru the first day, ugh! I was more motivated the second day because I knew it was almost over, lol. Now to just get things in order. Anywho...it's late and I am pooped. Will caht with you tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Almost forgot, MINDEE...I voted on your poll and went with Marissa Lynne. I love the name Marissa and had it on my long list for a girl the fourth time. Can't wait to see tomorrow what you guys are goin gwith...bet it is Harley. ;)

tommysgirl18
03-25-2007, 03:40 AM
Hello everyone! How are you all doing?

Well, it is Sunday……and we will be revealing the name today! Do you really want to know???? Huh, huh??? Are you just dieing to find out??? Well, I guess we can safely tell you all the name now……and the winner is…….(insert corny drum roll here)………………………Marissa Lynne.

Frances~ Welcome to the group! I hope to get to know you better!

Marti~ After doing the poll for her name, we still got flack on some of the names. Mainly from my mom, because she has something against the name Harley. But that is tough….like Tommy mentioned on Saturday, “it doesn’t matter what she thinks, we have the final say as to what her name is going to be.” My mom made the comment on the phone to me the other day that since she voiced her opinion on which name she liked that we would probably go for a different name because of that reason. Trust me……we thought about it as well, but since we have had the name picked out for some time now, even before doing the name poll, the name is sticking.

As for the name Morgan Alexis, that has been the top name option since we were pregnant with Brandon. And for some reason, the name didn’t seem to fit her. Now, the name Marissa Lynne seems to fit her, and when Tommy first mentioned it to me she started going nuts.

Pink Jane~ It is good to see you found your way out of the rabbit hole and back to the craziness. LOL I see that you have lost 42 pounds, that is great!!!

Karin~ that is great news about your weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Tina & Sue~ How are you ladies doing?

Cristina~ Every one seems to think we would go with Harley……but alas, we went with something different. We figured we couldn’t make her initials H.D. (first name and last name initials together) BUT….she will more then likely be going home in a Harley outfit….maybe. Since both boys went home in the same outfit, Tommy wants her to go home in one as well, but in pink. We bought a back up outfit just in case.

sz2atheart
03-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Happy Sunday Ladies!!

Jane--Hope you've had a wonderful time in Chicago and have a safe return home!

Tina--We all need to pamper ourselves. If you ask my DH, we will say that I get pampered and spoiled a little too often! As for your DH's attitude, just tell him that you need to go shopping for yourself to make up for his bad mood.

Jodi--I'll second the BB piercing!! I thought I'd do it after I got my tummy tuck 18 months ago but the plastic surgeon says that it will mess up my new BB. Sorry that you have to deal with you MIL. Mine lives 500 miles away!!

Mindee--Marissa Lynne is a beautiful name!!

Welcome Frances--My goal is to have my weight stabilize and get my baggy eyes taken care of by my 50th b-day.

Cristina--I've been thinking about you with the move. Here I was grumping to myself with having to move a few things in my kitchen when the countertops were replaced and then I thought of you and did a little reality check. Do take a break and take care of yourself now that everything is finally moved in. You will be amazed at how quickly things fall into place.

Jenn--Congrats on quitting smoking!! I would give anything for my sisters to quit.

Marti--Did you get the house?? I'm anxious to hear all about it.

Welcome Pink Jane--Love the name!!

Karin--Congrats on the 6lb weight loss!!

Sue--It must be difficult getting used to differrent climates. Hope you are not getting sick.

Big hugs to Jules, Amy, Moi-Moi, Sassy, Vann and anyone else I may have missed.

I finally lost 2 more lbs!! But more importantly, I got a ton of blood work done because I have been so tired. My TOM has gotten heavier as I have gotten older and I suspected that that was the culprit. Except for being anemic my cholesterol and triglycerides are the lowest in years. I not only got below 200 (cholesterol) but went from 231 to 187!!! We have really tried our best to eat "heart smart" and I can see that it has paid off. My dh levels went from 220 to 199. Of course eating out for 3 nights this week may have not been good!!

I finally got my kitchen done and the countertops look beautiful. Everything went off without a hitch. Just changing the counters, sink, faucet and the cabinet hardware makes it look like I have an entirely new kitchen. I'll have to get my daughter to help me post before and after pics.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!! Take care!

4amy
03-25-2007, 04:35 PM
If you notice my ticker,i'm not cheating on my weightloss,i just changed my starting weight back to what i was at my heaviest.i was at 245 when i started here and that was what i set my starting weight at ,but my heaviest weight 2 years ago was 248,anyway i wanted to change it so i would have a better picture of my success. T.o.m is visiting this week so i don't know if i'll be down on monday.my cravings was pretty bad yesterday and i gave in to them just alittle.Anyway i got back on track pretty quickly today when i pulled out a pic of me at 248.whooaa,:dizzy: don't want to go back there.i 'm back on track today and being good.'m going to keep that pic really close to fight off those bad cravings. hope everyone is having a great day.

jules1216
03-25-2007, 05:13 PM
4amy--I did the same thing with my ticker since when I first started.

Tammy--can't wait for the pics!!

Mindee--me & hubby could not agree on a girl name--what I liked he didn't and what he liked I didn't--the day I had dd my mom left the hospital with us having picked Jennifer as the first name but deciding between Rose & Leigh for the middle name and my mom joking to just make it Jennifer Rose Leigh--when she came back after lunch we had picked Teri Lynne which is DD's name.

Cristina--hope the move is going well!!

Sue--thanks for sending the sunshine my way!!

Tina--my hubby gets like that sometimes--I really though that I would leave him when DD moved out, but he realized that he would have to be a little nicer if he wanted me to stay--he still has his days though.....

Karin--woohoo on the 6 pounds--I was a big fat zero at WW weigh in again!!

PinkJane--I can't wait to join all of you that have made it to oneunderland!!

Marti--DD is doing better--still tired but this is her last day of antibiotics!! I had a kidney stone a few years ago probably from drinking all the Coke I did. My hubby step father used to get them and he drank water & lots of milk and never drank soda, dd drinks water and a little soda but like Elvan eats a lit of dairy since she doesn't eat much meat and drinks alot of milk too. wonder if is calcium build up????

Francis--welcome!!

Jodi--I have mil issues too!! especially the way she gives my niece preferential treatment!!

Hi to everyone else!!

Well gotta get my laundry done!!

Jane
03-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi ladies,

Julie - thank you for the card! It made my day. :hug:

Marti - did you celebrate your anniversary this weekend? I can't remember if James was home for that or not?

Jodi - aww, I'm sorry you're unhappy with your job. As you said, a good schedule is worth at lot, though.

Sue - you've been a busy lady! Is the hairstyle a new one?

Mindee - I just love the name you picked for your new little girl. Won't be long now.

Frances - a big :welcome: to you! I think you'll like it here.

Sassy - how was your weekend?

Tammy - a big woohoo for lowering your cholesterol so many points. Was that w/o meds? Either way, good job!

Pinky - how about we just call you Pinky? I'm glad you joined us. Welcome to the family. :)

Karin - wow, you're doing great!

Cristina - I've been thinking of you, sweetie, and imagine you're just about exhaused by now. Bet you're sleeping well, though. :hug:

Amy - yay for you getting back on track. :cp:

Mary Kate - how the arm?

A big hello to anyone I may have missed. :wave:

Oh my gosh, we had so much fun in Chicago! It was a hurried trip, though, and we were so worn out by the time we got on the train to come home, lol. Then it ran an hour late getting in, from having to stop for freight trains! Caylin was so well behaved (almost) the entire trip, and the most fun she had was on the horse and carriage ride. She said it was Cindrerella's coach, lol.

Take care!

vannh9
03-25-2007, 07:58 PM
:) Hello Ladies--

I know..I have been MIA again..it is hard juggling everything, but I can honestly say I loose more weight and stay on plan much better when I am connecting with you guys daily ...I have been reading, but too lazy to post. I was in Georgia for 2 days and then stressed about Sunny--my older cat..he ate some of the food and has been sick. I took him to the vet on Friday and will have results tomorrow...I hope I have a picture of the new kittie in my signature..not sure I did it right :)

Onmyown--Congratulations of the weight loss!! I think we should celebrate ANY Loss because it is HUGE!!

Jodie, --I have been seeing the weather in your area and send many prayers your way!! Floods are so dangerous and unpredictable!! Take Care

Sue--We have had 80 degree weather for the last 2 days..it has been so nice getting outside...I feel like I might be able to loose an extra pound or two doing yard work :carrot:

Mindee--I love the name Marissa Lynne--Beautiful!!!

Frances- A great big welcome..I think this is the greatest site on the web...My motto is slow and steady like a turtle...For me this has to be a lifestyle change..not a quick fix..so the slower the better for me. I love Jodi's suggestion of a food journal..I do much better if I am recording everyday what I eat. I got the site Fitday.com ...it is free and pretty simple to use.

Marti--So you put an offer on a house..can't wait to hear the details...

Hi Pink Jane--gotta love the name:-) Welcome.

Karin--Congratulations...I have never lost 6lbs at once..your determination and dedication is paying off in a big way!!

Christina-Hope you are getting settled..It is so hard to move...I am sure you are glad it is over and I hope you are happy in your new space...

Jane--Chicago?? Obviously I have been gone to long :) I love Chicago..can't wait to hear how you spent your time.

Hi Amy, Sassy, Jules and everyone else...Sure have missed you guys!!

vannh9
03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Ok..the picture didn't make it in...I will try again..

AND..I would love name preferences.. I am down to 3

Niko
Zeke
Ringo

He will be coming home on Wednesday and I am taking the rest of the week for Vacation YEAH!!!

Jane
03-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Vann - good to see you! Gee, I like all 3 names for your kitty. He's a cutie - that's for sure. Chicago was fun! We mostly shopped until we dropped. Mary fell in love with all the choices, but the ones that fit her budget best were the 3-story Old Navy in the Loop, and the H&M on the Mile. H&M was just bringing out the new Madonna line (which Mary didn't care about) and the place was full of frantic shoppers trying to get the new merchendise. :dizzy: Too funny to watch, lol.

Sassy_Chick
03-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Hullo all.

It is or was a very Sunny Sunday here! :D It was 80 / 26.6 Degrees! Beautiful! :D We got up a bit early and stopped at Panera Bread and ate, it was very good! Something different. I had the Chicken, Bacon and Swiss Panni Sandwich (I know the bacon and swiss probably not great, but better than some things) and it came with chips, didn't eat those, only ate 1/2 the sandwich, DH ate the other half. He had a bread bowl of the french onion soup, which I tasted, was very good! ;)

After that, we had some time to kill before heading into work, so we went by Nissan and looked at a 2nd car, for me. Its the Nissan Versa and its so cute! :D Its perfect for me, DH can fit into it (he's 6'8) but definately couldn't drive it everyday, so it most definately will be MY car! :D It has plenty of room for SHOPPING too! The back seats fold down as well. ;)

Here is a pick:

My New Ride (http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/2006autoshows_nissan/bw/versa_stage.jpg)

Its not set in stone yet, but I did love it and we love our other Nissan we bought from them, so if we can figure it into our budget, we'll probably get it. :D

Not sure if I mentioned this here or not, but my kitty is not doing well. He is 10 yrs old, but has only been ill once in his life, he's always been a very healthy and "beefy" cat, if you know what I mean, here lately he has been losing weight, lethargic, and now won't eat or even drink milk. I even bought him some baby food and he wouldn't even touch it. :( We have an appt for him to see the vet on Tuesday at 3:30 PM, but when we got up today, he seemed worse, I petted him and he didn't even respond, he was breathing and all, just looks like he definately feels worse. So I told DH in the morning, when the vet opens 1st thing we are going to bring him in so they can observe him and check him out, give him meds, do tests, etc while we sleep. I don't want to wait, we would have taken him today but they are not open today. I just hope he's not suffering and I hate seeing him like that because its totally not like him at all. :cry:

Well that is about all for me.

:hug:

sz2atheart
03-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Jane--lowered the cholesteral without meds. Just good ol' healthy eating. Cut out white bread, switched to more whole grains, more veggies, fruits and switched to healthier oils, fats. Cut out fried foods, at least cut down on them. It worked!! Sounds like you had a great time this weekend.

Sassy--Love the car!! Is that the color you are going to get. I have a Toyota 4-Runner in that same color!! Hope your kitty feels better and that the vet takes him in tomorrow morning.

Vann--love the name Zeke! I love cats but am so allergic to them :(

Bandmom1011
03-25-2007, 10:51 PM
We have had some issues with our daughter (she'll be 14 in May) being unhappy. She thinks everyone is against her and she can't do anything right. I talked to her last night and I told dh that we needed to sit down with her again today. So we did and it really seemed to help. So we planned a girls day and we went shopping. I had been hording some money that was given to me to buy me only stuff. So I decided after our discussion the other day about putting things off until we lose weight, that I was going to go and buy some stylish clothes, fat or not! I haven't bought much brand new for a long time. I bought a pr of jeans over a yr ago, other than that my clothes come from the thrift store that is open from April to Oct nearby and pay 50 cents for shirts.
Anyhow, I ended up getting a new pair of capri's. Do you know you can't walk into Walmart and buy shorts? They had 1 style of elastic waisted kind (which I wanted zipper to hold in my gut). They only thing with a zipper was a skort. I was so mad. I ended up getting 3 shirts for myself and I did buy my daughter a shirt because we were at Fashion Bug and they had a special 40% off everything and we got a $10 shirt for $1.79- I mean who could leave it there for that????

So anyhow, I have one shirt that I don't know if I have guts enough to wear in public. I mean I like it and want to... we will see. My 15 1/2 yr old son just looked at me when I was modeling my clothes and said he wasn't even going make a comment. I think he didn't like it cause they all accentuate my chest- but it is no different than what I see everyone else wearing. But then again, that's not your mom! lol
I even broke down and bought a new bra. Anyhow, we had a really good day and my daughter's spirits seem to have really lifted.

suetalks
03-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Wow..this place has been hopping! Hi everyone. I felt so much better today and couldn't sit still long enough to read my papers. Every time I would sit down to read I would pop up to do something. Mom said I was acting just like I had as a kid. (she called it "ants in my pants" how un-flattering is that?) LOL. Anyway, I got alot of housework done and fixed a big Sunday dinner, which DH loves. I also got in a nice walk. SO, I am feeling good tonight. I forgot to mention that it was warm and sunny...77 degrees.

Sassy- Love the car...hope you get it. I also hope the cat gets treatment and gets better. Pets are like our children for sure. Glad you are also having the sunshine like we are.

Jane- I am glad you had a good trip. Sounds like so much fun. No, not a new hair-do, I had just let it grow out while we were in Vegas and decided I couldn't stand it any longer. So, it is short once again...and I mean short. :) How are the plans for your garden?

Vann- Glad you are back. Hey, I am counting on yardwork to help me lose weight. And we have lots of landscaping to do here. The walking doesn't seem to be doing the job for me...gotta step it up!

Jules- Always glad to share the sunshine. We are supposed to get some rain tonight, but 74 by noon tomorrow. There is still flooding in the area however. Not affecting us.

Tammy- Yay! for the loss. I hope to see my scale go down tomorrow. I swear I have to lose what I gained in Vegas then try to keep on going. Every winter I gain and lose 7 pounds...I should know better by now. I am feeling better, so ready to get working! AGAIN.

Amy- That is a good idea for getting back on track....I am going to find a picture of my heaviest and also a thin one...see if that helps. I have to find an incentive!!

Cristina- I hope you get some rest and then come yak with us. I know you are going to be so excited about the house. (when you can take a breath) I am still so in love with mine. I just can't believe my kitchen!

Mindee- I LOVE the name and really liked all of the ones on your poll. You couldn't lose with any of them. Lynn is a family name for us...so have several middle names..without the E. But I prefer your spelling. Won't be long now!!

Hello to all the other gals out there....Hope you had a sunny, lovely week-end.
Tomorrow is weigh in for me and I am curious.....I was almost at my all time high when we got home...so I have to shake up the scales!!

suetalks
03-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Jodi- I was taking too long to post....didn't see you. I am glad you and DD had a nice day. I sometimes wish my girls were younger again. But then, maybe not....they are why I have grey hair. LOL Actually, they are good friends now as adults....but they make me realize I am OLD.

tommysgirl18
03-26-2007, 01:38 AM
hello everyone!

Tammy~ Thanks for the nice comment. Tommy first came up with Marissa Anne, but it didn’t sound right to me. It sounded like it was all one name since the same letter was used so close together. So, he then came up with Marissa Lynne and it stuck. Great news on the weight loss and getting your numbers down! Good job to you and your husband!

4amy~ That is no problem. In fact if you look under my name on here, the 266 is what I weighed after I had my son, and actually if I really wanted to, I could also change it to the highest I weighed. Which was right before I had my oldest son Brandon almost three years ago, when I tipped the scales at 285 pounds. Sometimes it takes seeing the high number on there so you know where you were, then the middle number of where you are now, and of course the last number of where you want to be! So, keep up the good work and we will all enjoy success!

Jules~ LOL…..surprisingly, there have only been a couple times where we didn’t agree on a name. Then we went to our respective “corners” (his being work, and mine being home) and usually came up with another name. In fact, he came up with Marissa’s name while he was at work. Of course, it started out as Marissa Anne. But it didn’t sound right with having the A in the end of the first name and the beginning of the middle name. It just sounded like we were naming her Marissanne.

Jane~ I agree with you on it not being much longer. I was sitting on the couch with Brandon early Sunday after noon and we were cuddling. I had two quick contractions and then they were gone. So, I am sure it won’t be much longer now. Tommy wants to go see some friends in Ohio for Easter, but I told him that we would have to see how my appointments go first. And that is even if my doctor will let me travel being this close. When I was pregnant with Logan, and we lived 2 hours away from every one we knew, I was basically told to stay home and not travel too far. I am not exactly how long the drive to see his buddy in Ohio would be, but we are not going to take any chances if I get put on state rest. (I like that…..state rest)

Vann~ I hope Sunny is okay. Thanks for the nice comments on her name.

Sassy~ Reading about your husband eating French onion soup reminds me of the story my mom told me about my dad. On their first date, they went to dinner and he ordered the French onion soup. When the waitress brought it out, he called her back and said “excuse miss, but there is a sponge in my soup.” My mom still cracks up about it and he still eats French onion soup to this day! That is a nice car! What color would you get it in? The gray that is shown or something else? I hope your kitty gets better!

Jodi~ Sounds like you and your daughter had a great day out together! Oh, thanks for reminding me, I need to buy some new nursing bras. I have been looking at wal-mart, where I bought the ones I have now, and they don’t have them any more! So, I am trying to figure out what else would work. I was looking at regular bras, but I am not sure if they would work well with nursing.

Sue~ BTW, that is my mom and my middle name. Lynne is my aunt’s (my mom’s sister), who is also my godmother, middle name. But hers is spelled Lyn, or maybe it has the double n, I am not sure. We didn’t have an issues with the names, we mainly got flack from my mom about the names. But Tommy said it all when he said “it isn’t her decision. We have the final say. She can let her opinion be known but we don’t have to make the choice around her opinion.”

Jane
03-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Sassy - the car looks very nice, and I hope you get it. About your kitty, has he got some of the recalled food? Cats have been getting kidney failure after eating it, so I'm sure glad you're going to the vet first thing today.

Tammy - that's how I lowered my cholesterol, too, and it made me feel good to do it w/o meds. (not that there's anything wrong with that) I know my numbers are probably not where they should be since I've put some weight back on in the past 2 years.

Jodi - aww, I'm glad you had fun with your DD, and also got some bargains, too. You're right that we sometimes wait until we're at a certain weight level to buy clothes or do things that we associate with thinness, and we really shouldn't do that. About your DD and you, here's an idea, too: a mother/daughter "spa" day at home. My girls and I used to give each other facial peels, do nails, etc. and have so much fun with that!

Sue - I sometimes ask my DGDs if they have ants in their pants, lol. Yesterday was borderline HOT with a high of 82. Neal has tilled the cut-flower garden area for me, and I'm waiting for our local nursery to open so I can see what's available. I know for sure I want daisies (my favorite) and zinnias. I was thinking carnations, too, and baby's breath. Not sure yet what else.

Mindee - Gina has been having contractions, too. Did I tell you she goes in May 2nd for the c-section?

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

I've been doing badly with food, water and my vitamin! So I promised myself that for today, I will do well. Just for today. I have my food plan in place and I'm good to go.

The kids all came over for an impromptu cookout yesterday and we had so much fun! Neal had just brought in a fresh load of sand for the sandbox, and all 5 DGDs were up to their elbows in sand, lol.

Gotta run. :hug: <---- that's for each of you sweet cyber-sisters. :)

onmyown
03-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Sue ~ you HAVE to go have a pedicure. I was so not thinking I wanted to but now I just loved it! And my toes look pretty too! haa

Ladies ~ I ended up going to the party and...having too many margaritas! haha! But I never do that so it was ok. We were there until quite late and moved it over to my girlfriends house where a bunch of us went in the spa. And then left like at 3am. ;) Wow....I didn't feel so hot yesterday. But I downed the water and had sirloin burger. So this morning I was down another 1.75 from my lowest. I'm back on track since the party. ;)

I'm going to go to the weigh in thread. :)

Marti
03-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

Not a lot of time for individuals (even though I don't have work today!) just a lot of things to do.

WI today. Lost, but not a whole lot. Down to 148. So that's all good! :D

Just checking in on WI day.

Chat w/you later!!

Bandmom1011
03-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Mindee- I saw nursing bras at my wal-mart yesterday. I just happened to see them, they were on an end and they didn't have a whole bunch, maybe you just didn't see them? Target seems to have a big maternity clothing line, maybe they have nursing bras?

Vann- I like the name Ringo

Sue- I can see how having a teen girl will make your hair go grey- lol

Jane- my daughter and I have done a "spa" type day when we were snowed in, but that was a couple yrs ago. She said something about doing it yesterday, but when I mentioned shopping she was all for that! lol I think we will have to do that for sure. We both now have hair long enough to style, that would be fun.

Tina- what do they do during a pedicure? My aunt has moved away and she will be visiting right before my daughters bday so she offered to take her for a pedicure. But my daughter won't say yes til she knows what it entails. I haven't been able to find out. Help

Marti- yeaaah a weight loss and a day off work- you go girl!

onmyown
03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Jodie~ I loved it. First they put your feet in a whirlpool with jets. They file the bottoms. And they massage your feet and lower leg. And then they paint your nails however you like. I had a french manicure. :)

It's good!

Tina

onmyown
03-26-2007, 02:10 PM
My BMW! ;) This is the exact same car....(I didn't take a picture of mine) So you can see what it looks like. Mine is black on black....:) whoo whoo

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/togosmerced05/5224_12.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/togosmerced05/e47180bc1e_640.jpg

PinkSands
03-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

I think I got the kinks knocked out of my comp finally, what a pain...anyway it's a Gorgeous day today, suppose to hit 80 and I am lovin that!!! Hubby called this morning, not sure if I mentioned he's an OTR driver or not, he's on his way to New Jersey, a state he hates with a passion LOL...he put in for home time this coming weekend so of course he is headed in the wrong direction...he's not a happy camper right now with the run he is on, but this too shall pass LOL...TOM for me this week also, I keep hoping menopause will hit me but no luck so far...40 yrs of this is ENOUGH!!! LOL...I hope everyone had a Good weekend and that you all have a Great Monday.

Karin - Thanks for the Welcome and Congrats on the 6 lbs

Tina - Glad you enjoyed your pedicure and that party

Sue -Good to hear your feeling better

Mindee - Thanks it's been slow but slow and steady wins the race LOL

Tammy - Thank You for the Welcome

Jules - We're keeping your seat warm in Onederland

Jane - Nice to meet another Jane that's a Disney freak too LOL sounds like you had fun in Chicago, I think Pink Jane is growing on me LOL

Vann - Thanks for the Welcome, Hope Sunny is feeling better soon, the new Kitty is Too Cute!! looks like a Zeke to me

Jodi - Glad to hear your daughter's spirits are lifting

Marti - down is always GOOD Enjoy your day off

Pink Jane

Sassy_Chick
03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Just wanted to let you girls know we had to have my kitty put to sleep this morning, :cry: he had kidney failure and no he didn't eat any of that food, we had already checked.

So anyways. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Will talk with you all later and please take no offense if I don't respond to your post individually, I'm not really in the mood right now. :(

:hug:

sz2atheart
03-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh Sassy, I'm so sorry about your kitty. My heart goes out to you. Our pets are so special to us. I know it will take some time for you to get over you loss but remember we are all thinking about you. Take care.

Bandmom1011
03-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Sassy- I am so sorry about your kitty. We recently had our kitty die unexpectantly, so I know how you feel. I am thinking of you.

Jane
03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Aww, Sassy, I'm so sorry about your cat. We've lost 3 pets in 2 years, so I know how you feel. :hug:

suetalks
03-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Sassy- So sorry to hear about your kitty. We understand if you don't feel like posting. Thinking of you....

Jane
03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Ok, now for the others, lol....

Tina - sweet ride!

Marti - so what have you been doing today? Hope it's been a good day off.

Pink Jane - I think we're all getting used to "Pink Jane" for your name. I just didn't want there to be another (just) "Jane". Once in awhile we get two members with the same name, and one will change her name a tad to differentiate. Another Disney lover! Woohoo! Did I tell you my DD worked at Disney last year? I just told somebody....lol. I can't seem to get enough of WDW, and the whole family is going back next year.

Everyone else - hello!

I haven't gone grocery shopping since before I left for Chicago, and must go tomorrow for sure. I'm running out of fruits and veggies. I had a good visit with Sarah today. We made plans for her family to come her on Memorial Day when Neal's brother Paul is here, too.

Gotta run... have a good one, ladies. :hug:

suetalks
03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Happy Monday-- It was a beautiful day in my neighborhood. I took my walk in the afternoon. This evening I thought I would go for a bike ride, so hopped on and got about 2 houses down when my chain broke. Yikes. Thank goodness I wasn't going fast since I had no brakes. It is an old..old..coaster brake bike that my oldest DD left here. Anyway, DH said he would fix it for me tomorrow. I was really wanting to ride.
Mom and I had gone shopping in the a.m. and I bought 4 summer shirts. Got home and the XL T shirts I usually get were kind of big. That's a good thing, huh?
Then there is the weigh in. Down 4 pounds since we got home...10 days. Now, if I can just do it again. :)

Jane- Great weather isn't it? I am so ready for yardwork. I just have to get to the nursery and figure out what all I want. Love all the flowers you picked out, especially baby's breath. LOL about the ants in pants. Here I am remembering when Mom called me that 50 years ago....am I OLD or what?

Tina- Tha party sounds fun, especially the margaritas, my favorite! Good loss for you. Congratulations. And hey, great car!!!!

Jodi- Actually teen girls were why I colored my hair for years. Never knew how grey I was until all the kids were gone and I let my hair grow out. Yikes! I am considering coloring it again. :)

Pink Jane- Sorry I called you that the first time...I think I inadvertantly caused your nickname. You can call yourself anything you would like and we will comply. Sorry your TOM is giving you fits. That is something I was soooo glad to give up surgically at 42 years old. Haven't missed it a bit.

Okay ladies...have a wonderful Tuesday!

FrouFrou
03-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Hello ladies...

Finally have some time to sit and type! And, I'm not pooped! A little sleepy though for some reason. Think it is the weather. It has been raining here for the last week. Had a break from it yesterday. So glad that when we moved it waited until we were totally moved in. Anyway...

JULES...hugs to your DD. :hug: :hug: Glad your brother is feeling better even if he is stir crazy. I love the name Jennifer! It was and still is a favorite of mine. DD might have been one but SIL beat us to it. Even though with pregnancy #1 we had decided if we had a girl she would be named Carrie after grandparents. We stuck with it. When I finally had a girl though I did change the mn.

SASSY...such a pretty car. Now I couldn't really tell from the angle of the picture but is it a midsize car, SUV, or a crossover? Whatever it is it sure is a cute one and looks like it would be fun to drive. So sorry to hear about your kitty. Lots of hugs to you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

MINDEE...I love the name Marissa! Now, will you guys call her anything for a nn? Wow, can you believe that May is just a little over a month away? She will be here before you know it!

SUE...I'm sure once things are organized I will like the house more, lol. I do like it but I miss my other one, sort of, lol. Hey, I love your kitchen too! I love your whole house...the layout/plan and all. WTG on your walking...you're doing a great job! :bravo:

JANE...glad you and Mary had a wonderful time in Chicago! I have been sleeping good, lol. Just miss my walking/exercise though. Bet Gina and Terry are getting excited about little Jackson.

TINA...all these cute little cars are making me want a new car, lol. Actually, I love my little Santa Fe but would like to get a 2007 since they changed the look. One day I will get a pedicure...keep saying I will reward myself with one but never do. Maybe when I make my first weight loss goal.

TAMMY...bet you're kitchen is pretty! WTG on your loss! :bravo:

VANN...I too like all the kitty's names. Did you decide on one? It sure is a cutie! I always have the worst time deciding on a name for a pet.

4AMY...I did that with the weight in my profile. Wasn't going to because my highest weight was a few years back but it was my highest weight none the less.

MARTI...WTG on your loss as well! :carrot: And...WTG on putting an offer on a home! Details...we must have details! Is it the house you went to see that needed some updating? I am excited for you and keeping my fingers crossed that you guys get it. :crossed:

A big :welcome: PINKJANE! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Hi to everyone else. Sorry if I missed you. It's overwhelming trying to play catchup. :wave:

Well...I will be glad when this move is completely done. Rather I should say, when the house is totally organized and everything is in its place. Got quit a bit done today. You couldn't tell by looking but my bedroom & bath are all put together, as well as the linen closet and the main bath. Working on the kitchen and living room tomorrow. Did some in the living room over the weekend but basically did other things, like taking it easy, lol. Wasn't going to put any things on the wall until we paint but then decided to go ahead and do it and then will just paint over the nails once we paint. Vince needs a break. Got some curtains and blinds ordered and waiting on those so...it will probably be a while before we are completely done.

With moving and being so tired I did not eat right at all. We ate out way too much last week. But...I am happy to say, somehow I lost a pound. Probably all the work/sweating from the move. I didn't think I was going to make it. Working on getting back on track this week and get serious about this weight.

Later, ladies! :wave:

tommysgirl18
03-27-2007, 01:48 AM
hello everyone!

This is an addendum to the note that was sent out yesterday. We have decided to change the spelling of Lynne. Instead of it being spelled Lynne, it is going to be spelled Lynn. Other then that, nothing new on this end. I go for my next appointment on Tuesday at 11am, and I am sure that I will send out another note if anything changes.

Jane~ No you didn’t tell me that she was having a c-section. My contractions seem to be more of the Braxton Hicks then anything major. But I will be sure to mention them to the doctor on Tuesday.

Tina~ Sounds like you had a nice night out. Nice car!

Jodi~ Thanks….I will have to check again at Wal-Mart, if they don’t have them then I will go to Target.

Pink Jane~ My hubby hates New Jersey as well. Well, I really shouldn’t say hates, he has been banned from the state. (not by the state but by my sister and her husband.) We went with them on a couple racing trips as our honeymoon after we got married. So, one of them was in New Jersey. One morning he got up was the first in the shower, and then decided to do laps around the hotel. Well, before he was able to do any of that……he was doubled over in extreme pain in the bathroom. I went in to see what was the matter and he just kept telling me that he was in a lot of pain. Needless to say, it was a very early morning for all of us in the room. We ended up having the hotel call 911 to get an ambulance sent to the hotel. He was laying in the hallway on the hard floor when the paramedics arrived. (mind you it was in the middle of the breakfast buffet time, so all the other hotel guests were coming to eat. They kept looking at him and saying “I am not eating what he ate.”) Come to find out after sitting in the hospital for the rest of the morning, he had a kidney stone. So, he was given some medicine and we went on to meet my sister and her husband at the race track. Later that afternoon when we went to eat, Tommy was asleep in the pit area, an ambulance went by and my BIL goes “uh….where is Tommy at?” I said “he is back at the pit area sleeping….why?” Then we noticed the ambulance. The hospital Vorhees is really nice. Lol….slow and steady always wins the race.

Sassy~ I am so sorry to hear about your kitty.

Cristina~ Well, we haven’t really thought about it. A friend of ours goes by the nickname Bubba….well, most of the time it is Mr. Bubba. And when I sent him the email with the link to the baby name poll, he sent a response back of Emma or Bubbina are nice choices as well. So, he sent me back another email after I sent the one out with her name in it, and his response was “Bubbina forever” so I emailed him back and said that we could call her “little bubbina” as a nick name. I am sure that it will stick too for some reason. Actually, the doctor changed my due date to April 30th……so she is due 5 weeks from yesterday!

fcmonroe
03-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome.

I'm doing ok. Still staying away from the candy and considering a food journal. I've kept them before, so I know that they work! (Guess I need to convince myself that I'm worth the work!! I hate documenting anything.)

Still trying to get to know all of you by reading posts. Mind whirling out of control, but I'm sure that it will all be better in a month or so. Takes a while to get everyone straight.

Frances

4amy
03-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Good morning everyone.Well, TOM is gone and my weight has settled back at 223.oh well,it seems like i only get a loss every second week.I would like to have a good loss to end off march month.I got my tae bo dvds yesterday.They look like great workouts.The thing i like most about them is that theres no fancey moves to remember ,just good hard exercise.I got through basic 1 and basic 2 yesterday because theyr'e shorter and easier then the other ones.i'm going to stay with the basic until i'm good at it and then i'll move up to advanced 1 and advanced 2.The advanced ones look like great workouts but its going to take time to get there.hope everyone has a great day.:)

FrouFrou
03-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Hello ladies...

Hi FRANCES and a big :welcome: to you! Sorry I must have missed your post. Looking forward to getting to know you. Don't worry about it...it can be overwhelming at times trying to keep up with everyone. Just take your time and you will be fine. :)

4AMY...TOM is the pits! I'm going to have to check out the Tae Bo dvds. I've heard a lot about them. I like to mix things up as well so I don't get bored with working out and I need some new moves, lol!

MINDEE...why the change in the spelling of Lynn? I've seen it three ways-Lyn, Lynn & Lynne and like all three. But we hardly ever use our mns though. I actually like mine better than Cristina, lol. Hey, tell the doc they can't change the due date...how am I supposed to win the poll? :lol:

HI to everyone else :wave:

Not much going on today. Had some errands to run this morning and then ran to Target to pick up a few things. I love Target! Now getting in my 'puter time before getting to work, ugh. I plan on getting the kitchen done today! And...cooking dinner this evening. So tired of eating out, nothing taste good anymore. I just want a home cooked meal. Anywho...thinking next week I will get back on track with my exercise. This week working on the food part of it as well as my water.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has an awesome day! :sunny:

Cristina

Jane
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Another full one! I can always tell by how sloooooowly the pages load, lol. See you at # 243!