South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chat

Here it is, that famous day of the week that we all love, it's Friday!

We're supposed to get some heavy rain later today, but so far we're still going skiing. That's fine with me, it'll be an easy day and should go by fast.

Beachgal, thanks for your concern RE our weather, but it doesn't seem like it'll be too bad around here. At least the weathermen aren't sending out red flags yet! That was smart to make yourself some SF chocolate for your fondue, otherwise I think that would have been a serious roadblock. Good planning! Isn't it funny how others react when we're trying so hard to stay on plan? I get the same thing.

KimStarr, Actually, Cindy's fox-hunt club does do the "red coat, bugles, tally-ho" thing. It's a very proper, exclusive club with all the pomp & circumstance.

Schatzi, Poop Deck, what a perfect word for it! We used to put out dozens of feeders, but they made such a wreck of our yard that we had to cut back to just one. Jake declared he'd had it with the mess. I miss all the activity, but the garden does look better.

Ruth, I'm still sending up prayers for Harry, and I hope that you are holding up well, too.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yoiks! Tally-ho and away! We actually have "he Hunt" around here too, complete with hounds, stirrup cups and the hunt breakfast which is always around supper time! Not a real fox although lots have been sighted. I haven't ridden for a few years - that'd really crap up my knee - but am usually there. It's quite thrilling - maybe part of my genetic memory? although I was probably a hound rather than an aristocrat in a previous incarnation. Who ya callin a *****?

It's going to be another mild day and more snow will disappear. Yesterday we had a wind which was great as it whisked away the water and we've no flooding yet. My basement is bone dry and the sump pump is sitting there like the Maytag Repairman waiting for work.

Harry is about the same. I won't keep reporting unless there is a change, OK? Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. I know that he could have another major stroke at any time or go on for years. I'm just going to carry on with Life.

This morning I need to scurry around and do a few niggles before I leave at 10:30 to work another Bingo in town. I need to sneak in a lunch as we volunteers are not supposed to bring in food. I absolutely refuse to eat the crud they sell at the canteen! Now that the weather is nicer, I'll "go out for a cigarette" when we hit a lull and have lunch in my car.

The Girls are lying on the deck in the sun. Spring is here! I may dig out a deck chair cushion and join them for my second coffee.

Have a brilliant day, Beachies!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:09 AM   #3  

TGIF Everybuddy!

Cottage: Enjoy skiing- good exercise, fresh air... ahhhhh!
Ruth: You have a chockful day planned .. I get tired just reading all your doings!

Nothing on the docket for me except resuming my studies..Statistics and Variances... Riveting....

Tallyho Chip Chip! I'll check in later!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:27 AM   #4  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning chicks! It looks like another good day here - dare I say that winter's over? No, I better not say that quite yet. With my luck we'll end up with a freak ice/snow storm before we know it. I am definitely enjoying the mild weather we're having though!

I'm VERY glad it's Friday - this week has been too long. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks..... the sun is shinning and it is warm, I almost wish I had my clothes line... I need a new one. Nothing new around here. DH is at physo and then off to pay a few bills and will be home with my extra large Tim Hortons Tea.. the only way to start the day.

Ruth- for Harry. Have fun a bingo. ( I hate that game. I never ever win.)

Schatzi- Have fun studing.

Cottage- Have fun skiing. We never did get there this year.

Good morning to the rest of you guys. Here comes my tea. YIPEEEE

Last edited by little chick; 03-23-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #6  

I still need to go back and read yesterday's daily. It's been crazy this week. Yesterday was supposed to be my comp day but we had three outages in the morning and I ended up working all day. I'm taking today off instead. I have two meetings I will need to join since one deals with tonight's work but I WILL spend time on other stuff today.

Doc increased my BP medicine again when I rushed in for a blood pressure check yesterday. I actually surprised the reading was as good as it was given I rushed there from an outage call.

I'll pop in as I can today.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie to explain that BINGOs are NOT fun if you are working rather than playing! I hate them but need to work them to subsidize the Fair.

Barb, you gotta slow down, Girl! Can I lend you a dog for some relaxation therapy?

Outta here. See y'all later!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #8  
Your Cruise Director

Good Morning Everyone.
I cant say how glad I am that its Friday. Since I finished my class on Wednesday this my first real break. I think I'm going to celebrate by cleaning the house and sleeping in .

Hope you all have a divine friday!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #9  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, gals. We're enjoying a lazy day at home. The weather is gross today (cloudy and drizzly), so after going out to pick up E's Rx from Wallgreen's, we came straight home.

Ruth - I missed your mention of Harry in yesterday's post. I'll keep you both in my prayers. Hope bingo wasn't too horrible.

Everyone...have a great Friday!!
Old 03-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Morning new here . Not alot going on here start SB Phase 1 tomrrow going to the store tonight. Just got lunch to clean up from as soon as my boys are done. Waiting on Mike (DH) to come home and the girls from school. I hope to work on a quilt tonight and get it finished. It's starting to feel like spring here in Maine it's 50 out today. And the snow is melting away. Well better close for now.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Well lookie here... i'm back to phase one! I get so full of myself and swear that i can eat in moderation and it will be ok... well that never works out. The first three days are always really good but then something goes off in my head and i eat everything but the kitchen sink- for real!

haha so i had some tuna for lunch which was really hard to eat because my stomach hurts from yesterday!

no more yo-yoing... i promise! If i have to come in here before every meal for the first week or two then i will!
Old 03-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #12  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone

Well my basement is leaking again. We fixed it a few years back and thought that was the end of it. Well guess not. My DH has been 'manning' the home front between putting towels down and running the washing machine. His so wonderful at taking care of those kind of things. He once stayed up all night long on a camping trip guarding us from a skunk that had taken up residence underneath our camper.

Well takes all for now. Have a happy wonder day.
Closed Thread