Old 03-23-2007, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Somethings chat: Friday March 23

morning all...yeah! TGIF! okay as you can tell a little happy. I think it's partly due to all the adrenaline. I WAS able to get up this am and work out...and i had an awesome workout...i did my 15 min of walking fast and then ran. I usually can only run for about 5-8 min and on a good day10 min. Well this morning i ran for 15 min straight...woohooo! So right now i'm still sweating even after a cool down and strech...really dying for but still too hot to make it. I'm happy its friday...i don't have to work this weekend and we are going up to atlanta to start searching for where we want to live. So we'll see how it goes. I'll try to get back here around lunch time if work isn't too busy. We'll see how that goes.
Hope everyone has a beautiful day.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:03 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone, Thank goodness It is friday!!! Me and the kids are going to Billings Mt today. I am skipping my walk this morning, Billings is a 3 hour drive.
GG: Great job working out longer. sounds like fun house hunting. I would love to move, We live two doors away from my inlaws and they don't care for me too much. Try 18 years of pure torture........ We will move in the next year or so.

have a great weekend everyone!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:55 AM   #3  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Morning everyone! I managed to stay OP (on plan) all day yesterday!! I'm right back in the game now. I am pretty proud of myself.

Lisa, ok you see a 2 1/2 yo "all boy" but I saw a menace to society. I was so embarrassed! I felt terrible that we couldn't talk more because of his tantrum!

Sheila, have fun today! I loved taking road trips with the older 2 when they were little!

GG, great job on the workout! Here's a monkey just for you. LOL

Make it a great day everyone!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! Did aerobics yesterday for 60 minutes and didn't graze at night. Someone asked about how not to eat at night...this was a problem for me, too. Don't skip any meals during the day, which I'd always do...not on purpose but bc I didn't make time to eat. Also, as someone suggested, try water with a little flavor added.

GG: Congrats on the early mornign workout! Isn't it great to get it over with?!

Sheila: Have a safe trip!

Mamabear: Congrats on staying OP!

Banana...victim of his location...geographically undesirable on the icon board. Poor banana!
flitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #5  

wooohooo thanks mamabear...i looooooove those monkeys..and good job for staying op. I didn't do great yesterday...but will try to do it today
Sheila - that would definately not be fun...sorry to hear in laws don't really like you. Its sort of exciting getting to move, but a little pain in the butt since we will only be on my salary (DH going back to school) so therefore the choices of houses are getting sort of poor. But we'll see, maybe we can find something!
Back to work i go...just a quick hi!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:09 AM   #6  

lol at flitter...the banan man is cool too..but i still preferr the mankey...hey i gave you some nana's this am. I think he's funny too. congrats flitter on the aerobics.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #7  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up GOOOOD Mornin ya'll

Hey gurls! Sounds like everyone is off and running (specially GG ) this morning! I can't remember the last time i RAN!! I think something real big would have to be after me to get that kind of movement from this body!!!

GG: Really, way to go with ur morning workout! U make me want to do better!

Flitter: Good job with ur workout too!

Sheila: Hope ur roadtrip is fun today!

Molly: Congrats on stayin OP. Banana's to you!!

Well, i better get to work! Glad it's Friday! Hope all of you just have the BEST weekend. I'm determined to eat well and move my butt this weekend!!!

Tina in Texas
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' all,

Got in late this AM, had to go to the doc for a repeat EKG. All clear this time, last time was either a fluke, or whatever it was cleared up. Doc isn't worried. Upping the happy pill to 2x a day, since it seems to be helping. Feeling pretty schnotty and headachey though...darn sinus'.

TGIF...it's obvious everyone in here is in a great mood today! Enjoy!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Default good morning!!!

Hi Every one!
Wow GG you are on a roll today good for you!!!
I just got up, I didn't go to bed till 2 am, I am getting ready for my husbands birthday party, we have 12 people over for dinner. My husband asked me to cook mexican food. And I am going to bake his favorite cake, I only bake it for very special occasions, the recipe calls for 4 Lbs. of chocolate, it is sooo good, I know it is going to be hard not to eat to much!

Sheila I love my in-laws, I get along with my mother in law better than I get along with my own mother, thank G-d my mother lives very far away 3500 miles away!!! but I don't know if I could live 2 doors down from them. I feel for you!

Momabear it is awesome you were OT yesterday, I love days like that.

Sean is still sleeping, I don't think I am going to send him to school today he is not feeling well, he was coughing all night.

I have to call and see if they can take in my little yorkie to get a groomed today, I tried cutting him hair by myself and the poor little guy looks like he got in fight with the lawn mower, LOL.

Have a great day!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning (sneeks a quick look at the clock to make sure it's still morning!) I've gotten my Friday chores (changing sheets, sweeping floors and cleaning the bathroom) except the laundry all done. I've folded one load of clothes and both machines are going. Whew. I feel like I have worked out!

I tried the butter spay on my 1/2 bagel this AM and I'm not sure I liked it. It seemed to be very salty. I'm not writting it off yet. I will try it again. I had planned on doing the 6 mini meals today but I have already messed it up. I was going to bring a piece of fruit downstairs with me and I forgot. Now baby is sleeping on me and I'm starving!!

Tina: I'm from Canton!! My parents live about 12 miles east of town, out in the boonies. The REAL boonies. When i was growing up our nearest neighbor was a mile away. Then they moved and the nearest neighbor was several miles away. It's a lot different now. There are two other families living on their road. Still not particularly close, but not measured in miles!

Hanna: 4 lbs of chocolate? Whoa, that's some cake. Good luck with the party.

GG: Go you!! Have fun house hunting.

Sheila: Yikes on the inlaws. That must be tough. My MIL is OK but I still wouldn't want to be that close.

Have a great day everyone!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #11  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Tina~ something really big chasing me yeah i'd say i'd run for that

Hanna~ yeah i was laughing at you too cause i tried to groom once and yeah everyone was asking for weeks is she ill losing her hair in patches LOL

Gator~ your really on target i feel off when i broke my rib i wont step on the scale i feel 20 lbs heavier you go girl
as for how i broke it me and hubby were praticing some of his take down and hold moves that he has to do as a police officer and well there it went one move went bad and we both heard it it's getting better but not all the way

ok last night i got home and immediatly had to grab jessica and go we went to wallmart then dollar tree (everything's a dollar) then Costco then a grocey store i didnt get home till 10pm good gawd i was beat
off to do some work and a big shout out to all i missed
i'll check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornings Girls,

What a lazy day we're having here! I exercised yesterday morning and felt GREAT (way to go GG ~ I know where you're coming from!). Today is the start of Spring Break for the kids and I thought that this would be the perfect morning for me to fit my exercise in... wrong. Everyone slept in (including me), late breakfast, phone call from a friend, coffee... here it is nearly 11:00 and I still haven't got exercise *or* a shower in! I just hope that no one calls to see the house within the next hour or so. Yikes. We haven't had a morning like this in a long, long time. We're all still in our jammies:-).

Wow ~ that must be some kind of cake Happy2Be! 4 lbs. of chocolate ~ can you send us some!

Sheila, Molly, Flitter, Tina, Lauren ~ Happy Friday!!!

I went out with a friend last night to see The Last King of Scotland. I know that Milagro mentioned seeing. What a movie. Can't say that I enjoyed it but I'm glad that I did see it. Pretty intense.

So, the seller has accepted our offer for the new house!! Now, we just have to sell ours... we have 45 days for this one to be under contract. I'm not that concerned as we've had so much interest in it. That being said, I'll feel a whole lot better once this one sells! I keep looking at the pictures of the new house online and still can't wrap my brain around it possibly being ours. It's so pretty! Our current house is adorable but it's nearly 80 years old and super small. I'm more excited about having storage space and more than one outlet per room than anything else! I hope that everyone has a most excellent weekend ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Goddess ~ your note came in right as mine was going out. Is the shower still on? Is that why you were running all over the place last night. Good luck. You're a good Mom....

Also, forgot to wish GG happy house hunting this weekend. Enjoy your weekend off. I always love reading your notes as you are simply bursting with energy ~ wish that you could send me some along with that chocolate cake from Happy2be;-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/170/140

Height: 5'4''

Hello Everyone ,
I am reading you all for few days now. Thanks for sharing your life and day to day experiences.
I will be exact 33 years old on 31st March. I don't want to be like this forever. I have gained almost 40 pounds with 2 pregnancies. My younger one is now almost 3 years old. I want to lose weight for all good reasons. I marked calender on 15 Jan as 77 kg and told myself that I am going to lose at least 7 KG by summer. Today I weigh 81 KG. I don't know what I am doing wrong. In my experience I gain more weight whenever I try hard to lose it. If I don't do anything special ... I at least maintain. I was 77 KG for almost a year.
Most of the mornings I wake up at 5 am and do yoga breathing and some poses for an hour. I have stoped taking sugar. ( To be honest I take brown sugar/ cane sugar if I can not resist to have tea ) . We have switched to Olive oil. Turns out that these changes are not getting me anywhere.
I want to drink water ..more and more ...but I just don't feel thirsty.
I don't know what to do.
It feels like I am never going to lose even a pound. Please help.
What should I do.
swatishine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:06 PM   #15  

Oh I am in such a hurry but I had to read yesterday´s thread first lol Now I am nearly too late - have to bring little boy to a rehearsal at the Opera.....
Ok. I tryed this tooth-brushin-thingy yesterday, Tina and it is such a great idea Thanks. Hugs!
Now I have to tell you what happend after workout in the gym: I felt very good after the workout today and wanted to buy something for my father-in-law who has got birthday next week. They have this special liqueur he likes in a shop near the gym - anyway - the bus stopped right in front of me but I didn´t get my ticket that fast out of my bag and the driver closed the door. I asked through the window "would you please open that door again" and he shaked his head "no" - but smiled I gave him my biggest smile and he opend the door again and said you are so beautiful you have to drive in this bus! I just said thank you - but omG this guy made my day

Off now. Oh I so have to hurry. I´ll check tonight!
Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote