Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #1  
banned

Question overweight and chiropractic care

does anyone see a chiropractor? i dont mean for weight, i mean for anything bc i do and i find that being heavier is a problem for me bc i think they oughtta make bigger tables for bigger people!
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I've seen several chiropractors over the years. Right now I'm looking for a new one because someone took over my old chiro's business, and this person person maybe weighs 110 pounds wet and cannot adjust my back.

I love chiropractic--it really has helped me--but sometimes one has to look around to find the right one.

They oughta make tables for women, too!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I thank god for chiropractic care. I had sever back problems when I was near my highest weight and my chiropractor helped get rid of them. I never really had a problem with the tables though so I'm not sure if it is your chiropractor specifically? I don't know.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:58 PM   #4  
banned

thanks guys

i love mine but thought that tables were pretty standard size wise and i struggle to get on and off it and even repositioning myself on it. you guys have this prob?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Oh, it's reallllly hard sometimes to roll over from front to back. Sometimes I just get all the way up on my feet and then lie down again on the correct side so I don't have to twist anything.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:10 PM   #6  
banned

thanks jay thats what i do but even thats a struggle
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 AM   #7  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Andrea, I do see a chiropractor. Not at set intervals, but on an as needed basis when something pops out of place in my back. I understand exactly what you're talking about! Yes, the tables are big enough when you're laying on it, but that whole turning over to your other side thing just sucks! I haven't had an issue that warranted a visit since I started losing weight, but today I had a definite "twinge" in my lower back that made me think maybe I need an adjustment just from the weight loss, even though it doesn't feel as though anything is messed up. I'm actually sort of looking forward to it, lord knows it has to be easier than it was last year!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh turning may be an issue. I went to a chiropractor more recently and he had me lie on my side, then have one of my legs bent but kind of hanging off the table while he pushed my shoulder and sat on my knee with his. It was crazy, I felt like I was going to fall off the table but he told me everyone feels that way.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 AM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 167/167/125

Height: 5'0

fyi, those little tables that they use hold a sufficient amount of weight. mine holds 700 lbs, i don't think that they make them to hold less then 500 lbs.
HotDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:04 PM   #10  
banned

thanks you guys

thanks boater...yeah maybe you do need a 'tune up' i do hope iots easier fopr you this time i go 2x a month due to injuries and though i dont wanna admit it its been getting harder each time but the other day it was significantly harder! so hard that he even watched me struggle and asked if he could assist...i know its time to lose and hope i can shop over the weekend for a mon. start. thanks so much for sharing....it really means alot knowing someone literally feels what i feel

im never worried about t6he table holding me but im wider than the table. its so tight that he jokes about my tearing the paper right off w my arm(it tears completely when i turn)
Old 03-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 167/167/125

Height: 5'0

i think it's horrible that a DR would joke with you like that....sometimes they have no bedside manner. my chiropracter once told me that i would be a goddess for my height if i would just lose weight...at the time i probably weighed 130 at most. seriously?
HotDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #12  
banned

oh no hes not like that! hes always considers my feelings he just jokes to keep me from getting anxious during the visit. he knows better than to say things cuz he knows ill give him ****. i aplogize for making it sound like something it isnt.