General chatter - Dancing With The Stars

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars

trekkiegirl
03-21-2007, 11:33 PM
So who else is watching? :)

Cheryl became my favorite pro dancer during DWTS 2 so, of course, I wouldn't mind a threepeat win. :D And it looks like she lucked out again by getting a partner with potential.

I also thought Ali and Fatone were good. Ratzenberger did better than I expected. Billy Ray...oy. :dizzy: I thought Paulina did better than Leeza but the recognition factor might work more in Leeza's favor. Not sure who's going out next week (Cyrus, Gibbons, PP or the Barbie/Ken duo).

EZMONEY
03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Angie had it on, I only saw Apollo Ono and his partner...she was cute...he has the bandana thing as always...could be the winners!

lizzie3
03-22-2007, 12:30 AM
I love this show! This season I like Clyde, John R, Joey, and Ian. But I really watch for Bruno's random comments, I think he's hilarious!

alinnell
03-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I watched the tail end of last season's show and my in-laws reminded us that it was on again, so DH and I watched. Clyde Drexler isn't so good. Apollo, yes, Joey is good, but he's got "experience" in having to remember at least some dance moves (he should join us here at 3FC!!!LOL).

EleanorR
03-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Wish we could see it in the UK.

Loved watching our Strictly Come Dancing recently and also Dancing on Ice.

Love those kind of shows :)

FrouFrou
03-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Why do they call it Dancing with the Stars? Were any of these people considered "stars"? Ummm, if they were they sure wouldn't be on that show.

EZMONEY
03-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Stars? ~ STARS!?....HEL ~ LOOOOOO....

CLYDE THE GLIDE!

Gold Medal winner APPOLO ONO

one legged lady once married to that one time long hair guy

THE GREAT ONE'S Daughter

#4 most popular guy from a boy's band

one of the all-time mullet hair achy breaky :val1: -throbs

stars ~ STARS ~ STARS! you WANT STARS? oh baby YOU GOT 'EM!!

some people are just hard to please ;)

I can't wait until ANA NICOLE'S baby is on! 2024! Oh YEA!

trekkiegirl
03-25-2007, 01:07 PM
LOL, it is more like "Dancing With People Who Want to Recapture Their Former Fame or Newbies Who Want to Make an Impression". And it does seem to work. Granted, there are some folks who do come in with a sizeable audience of their own, especially the athletes. I'm not into sports so I haven't heard of most of them. Last year I didn't know who Emmitt Smith was but I sure do now. This year, I never heard of at least half of them--I think the only ones I have some awareness of are Ian, John, Leeza, Paulina, Heather and Billy Ray...and that's not from being a fan of any of them. To be honest I'm a bigger fan of Cheryl Burke's so I want her to win again. :D

trekkiegirl
03-27-2007, 12:08 AM
I find most of the female celebs totally underwhelming...Paulina, Leeza, Shandi..they're about as interesting as Sara Evans. I'm not sure how much is lack of skill and how much is inhibition...but they are boring. They reminded me of something a friend of mine said after she saw the "Mad Hot Ballroom" film...that the white kids danced "too white." In this case, Bruno called it Madison Avenue, debutante, etc.

Laila did great, easily the best of the women. Heather...well, the women at my work say they hate her because of Paul and want her gone. I happen to be a big Paul fan, too. I don't particularly care for Heather but I will give the woman her props. She did really well tonight, better than the other women, except Laila. If I would call anyone the dark horse just in terms of the viewers, it would be Heather because you've got people who either hate her because of Paul but you've got at least 2 younger generations that either don't know who Paul is or don't care.

Billy Ray surprised me. I still think he's one of the poorer dancers, though. However, I'm a sucker for a Johnny Cash song. Clyde is def more Jerry Rice than Emmitt. Ian is good but he has to crank it up a bit or he's going to be Joey Lawrence this year, overshadowed by Joey Fatone and Apolo.

It just seemed weird how many of them got 21 tonight. I almost wanted the judges to start doing 7.25, 7.5, etc.

My guess for first elimination is either Paulina, Shandi or John. I'm leaning more towards Paulina, partly because of skill and partly believing she has a lesser fanbase. I don't know how many viewers remember or care that she was a supermodel in the 80s.

rockinrobin
03-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Last night I watched it a little bit. Only saw a few dancers. That Laila Ali is smokin'. Boy she's got quite the body. Paulina, I'm sorry could they not find a TALLER partner for her? They just looked so awkward together.

alinnell
03-27-2007, 10:46 AM
I think Laila will go far. We'll see who gets the boot, but it's gotta be Clyde or Paulina (IMO).

trekkiegirl
04-03-2007, 12:50 AM
I found pretty much the whole first half of the dances tonight a snooze. I'm guessing Shandi is out tomorrow. Between most people probably not knowing who she is and her just not getting that uuumph with her dancing she's doomed. Sigh...now I miss Monique Coleman. :D

Nice job by Ian. I knew when I noticed the flub at the end the judges would definitely get him for it. But still one of the better performances. The Chippendales stuff was hilarious. I'm still rooting for Cheryl to create another champion. Laila was off her game. Was it just me or did anyone find the tangos pretty unremarkable? I couldn't figure out why Leeza scored so well. Billy Ray looks like he's taking dancing lessons on stage all the time. Stop counting and waiting for your partner to get into place. I was getting a little tired of Joey's Star Wars theatrics....but I am of the other side, lol...the one Tom Bergeron gave the Vulcan salute to. ;)

My co-worker is going to love seeing her heartthrob, Josh Groban, tomorrow. Me...I wanna see Survivor do "Eye of The Tiger." ~~It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, Rising up to the challenge of a rival~~