Old 03-21-2007, 05:34 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somethings: Wed Mar 21

Good Morning!!! Helloooo to everyone!!! Just glanced at the threads so hello to all the Newbies!!! Just a quickie cuz we have almost 60 surgeries today--I have put in my app to become a school nurse..I have been at my job for 21 yrs soo I dont know if I have the guts to change!!!
Take care--excercise and excercise today!!! I even did the treadmill yesterday!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

woohoooo!!!!!!! does her lil happy dance
well i guess last week's weight gain is no more...steped on the scale and lost almost 4 lobs (i think i might have been bloating some last week and that's why i had a two pound gain) but none the less...i'm so close to the 15 lbs wt loss mark. I'm so estatic this am. YES!!!! all that getting up early so far has paid off. Okay all...time to go burn some calories cleaning the barn.
RR- i think you should try something different....change is good

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 03-21-2007 at 10:25 AM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #3  

Hi to all of you

I am feeling very good today - I did my workout in the gym and got some vegetables that are cooking now for lunch. I am going to the cinema tonight to watch Last King of Scotland!

@Wamtam: I had a gallbladder surgery and I know when I had too much cofffee or sweets nowadays. But we shouldn´t have too much of these anyway lol Surgery helped a lot. Pm if you need to know something.

Gator: you go girl

Stay healthy. I am going to have an espresso now
Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #4  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning
I am new. Road Runner having the guts to change just do it! I have lost almost 20 pounds since Jan. 1,2007. The doctors thought I had cancer I didn't find out for almost 3 weeks, I don't have cancer but it sure made me stand up and take notice on a few things. Don't be afraid it is not like you are changing professions you are just spreading your wings a little as I call it. Do what makes you happy! I know I am. Sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #5  

well im back..can't stay away from you guysfor too long ...man do i love my day off. I got up and took care of the horses, but i forgot my riding pants, so i'm going to go back this afternoon to ride. Then i came home and took my dog for a 30 minute walk. I was planning longer...but i think my dog is definately more out of shape than me. Well it also doesn't help since she is black and it was almost 70 F when we were walking. So i'm going to finish up here and then FINALLY reward myself. I had a mini goal of 10 lbs where i was going to buy a few new shirts....well that was almost 3 weeks ago and still no shopping. Between selling the house, moving, and work....i haven't had a chance. SO after i finish here..i'm going shopping then out to ride my pony. Hope everyone has a great day...oh and btw...small accomplishment...i just realized its the 4th day in a row i have logged everything..my mini goal for this week is to log everything for at least 7 days.
Welcome Sheila, sorry you had your scare...but at least it gave you motivation. Good luck.
hey there milgro.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:34 AM   #6  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thanks for the congrats Lisa!

Joan, there won't be the office crap here. It's a really small non-profit theater group. Everyone there is awesome. Bryan's been in it for 2 1/2 years now. Plus I'm pretty much in charge of myself, don't really have to answer to anyone.

Nice to see you RR. I agree with Sheila. Just do it! LOL

GG, I feel so bad for all the pet owners who've lost pets due to the food. It makes me so sad. I couldn't do what you do.

Make it a great day everyone!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #7  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hey Yo Everyone.

Man am I pooped today...and everything is going crazy here @ work so I'm only in for a quick chat (yeah, right).

Blood draw did not go well yesterday. They gave me a girl who was just learning and she tried to draw from some vein like way by my elbow. HELLOOOOOO, I am not a phlebotomist (sp) but I DO know I can CLEARLY see two good veins right on the inside of my arm-they were like NEON PICK ME SIGNS-so why did we go for the elbow? I'm kinda wunderin'....so, by the time the experienced guy came over to redo the draw, I was pasty white and literally about to faint. Keep in mind, I hadn't eaten in 23 hours and was horrible and drank only ONE baby bottle of water for fluids all day....and keep in mind I don't do well with things going into my veins! BLECH! I sweat up that plastic chair like a stripper on a pole! Ok, don't really know where that came from...but anyway. I had to sit there for 10 minutes with my head between my legs to keep from barfing. So then, being the emotional nut that I am...I promptly cried in my car for like 10 minutes. Geez, what is wrong with me? Unbelievable.

Mamabear: I think the job thang is a WONDERFUL idea! How great!!!

GG: I did get hit with a blast from the ole' energy via computer monitor this morning...but it died fast, I'm afraid. OMG your horse is beautiful! I just think the whole thing is fascinating. OH-GOOD 4U on getting up and moving and making the most of your day off....although rubbing it in might get ya one of these: Just kidding.

Sheila: Welcome, welcome to the rockin'est spot in town!!!

Kirsten: How was that espresso? I could use a gallon of espresso right now!!! Yeehaw....

RR: I think that's great that you're thinking of a change. School nurse-for what level? Would you just work in one school or would you transfer within a district? Maybe that doesn't even make sense if your system doesn't have "districts..." Just curious!

Michelle: How's it goin' with that rib hon?

See, this is what happens when I have no mountain dew....I just babble on and on and on and on and on and on like an annoying neighbor.

Ok, off to check jurors back in from lunch all, have a great day...should have the lab results back on Thursday afternoon..... Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Melinda, you crack me up! I don't normally have problems with blood draws, but I think I would have fainted. I tell them, "That is the only vein you will get it from, don't even bother looking elsewhere".

GG, I think you need a for talking about the temps there. It has been in the high 30's again here. I used to have a quarter horse, actually it was my Grandpa's but it was the one that I always rode. I don't do it anymore though. They had to put Smoky down and two years ago they had to sell the farm. That would be great exersize, I am not sure the calories expended, and would not even know where to look.

RR, why the need for a change? Was it to be with K and the SDs more? Congrats on the nerve to change jobs after doing one for so long. I think the school would be less stressful.

Sheila, to our group. I am sure that you will find the support and encouragement you need.

Lauren. where are ya girl? Are those boys giving you problems?

I have swept the whole upstairs of our house, and need to take care of the downstairs. Dad is out of town on business, and my mom is taking care of my Grandma. She had a colonoscopy (sp?) today and tommorow she has to go in for a pre-surgery visit for surgery on Monday. So I am being the good daughter and cleaning and all that stuff.

Well time to get back to work on the house.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #9  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Height: 5'5"

Talking helloooo everyone

You guys are just way too fun!!! I'm a thirty something myself and I would love to get on board with this group!!! I live in Texas. I've got two teenagers (somebody say AMEN!) I love my life, cept for my weight!
So, i need to dust off the old treadmill and climb on. Maybe i should get some paramedics to be on standby!!!!

Tina
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #10  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hey Tina!

Glad you made it this way and YEEEHAW with a big

So, are the teenagers boys or girls? Here's your "Amen." AMEN! Keepin' your hands full I'm sure!

Maybe you and Rooster can race to that can of Pledge and see who dusts off their treadmill first!

Again, Tina-Welcome girl!!! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone! It's been one of those days here! We finally passed our electrical inspection!! Wooohooo! Now just fire and building to go. Went grocery shopping and stocked up on veggies and fruit. Yum!

RR: School nurse? Cool! You would have the same schedule as the kiddos.

Lauren: I saw broccoli slaw at the store today so I got some. I cooked it for lunch in 2 tsp of canola oil and the spray ICBINB. Oh, and salt and pepper. It was yummy!

Gotta go. Back later!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #12  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey thanks for the warm welcome. I have made that my goal every ten pounds I buy me a new shirt or pants something. One thing believe it or not that has really helped is having a full length mirror. Wow! Good luck you seem very active and upbeat!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies im here im just ashamed with myself so i havent been posting with a broken rib you cant do SH*t and it's starting to piss me off (can you tell LOL ) anyways jessica's babyshower is sat and im stressed her dead beat dad of course PROMISED he'd have it catered and NOPE nothing so now everything is on me and we are broke as **** with the new house payment and all oh well i'll stop complaining now
welcome newbies
and congrats to all you guys who are loosing
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #14  

mj - darn girl you crack me up was at the stipper pole comment. But even i think that the blood draw would have gotten to me...and i'm use to them. In college, when i was dead broke i would donate plasma for money...ahhh the crazy things college students do for beer money LOL. but glad you made it ok..i think the fact of not having food for 23 hrs alone would have had me on the floor. Quickly hides the mountain dew from mj...lol..
mamabear - yes it is very sad...but at least some owners are now understanding why their pets died unexpectantly
lisa - sorry about rubbing it in...but darn do i love the nice weather . And fitday does have horseback riding on their activity but its still really hard to figure out how many calories since sometimes i'm trotting, sometimes cantering and sometimes walking and depending what i'm doing either working up a sweat or relaxing. I usually don't count it but know that at least i'm exercising.
welcome tdream...i'd give you an amen but i don't have kids yet...just got married LOL..
gives karen an high five..congrats
sheila - i think mini rewards are important..i finally rewarded myself for my 10 lb lost...found three cute new shirts...love them and all on sale...yes!!!!!! at my 20 pound mark i'm going to treat myself to these cute pair of shoes i've been wanting sooooo badly.
goodess - sorry to hear about your rib...how'd it happen...and sorry about dd dead beat hubby...that's got to suck.
alright guys...i'll check back later. see ya's
Old 03-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Sorry I haven't been on...suffering with that nasty virus going around. Haven't puked yet, but had it the other way a few times. I've eaten 2 pc. toast, 1 little container applesauce, a few sips of peppermint tea and maybe 4 oz. water all day. I'm hungry, but afraid to eat. Do you ever get soo hungry that you're not sure if you're naseaus or hungry? KWIM?? That's how I feel right now. And I have a horrible headache. Been sleeping most of the day. Thankfully don't have to go to work tomorrow either, they called and said there's an offsite meeting all day and no one will be there anyway, so stay home and feel better. So I only get paid for 2 days this week.

I'll check in tomorrow, I just don't have the strength right now.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote