100 lb. Club - Weekly Exercise 3/19 - 3/25

View Full Version : Weekly Exercise 3/19 - 3/25

SexyRevealed
03-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm seeking motivation, so I figured I'd start the thread. Hopefully I will come back and post that I actually did exercise today. :dizzy:

royalsfan1
03-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I did 3.0 miles on my elliptical this morning but posted it on last week's thread, I guess. Ooops. :)

LisaMarie71
03-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Yay for 3 miles on the elliptical, Tricia!! Good job!! :)

Today I ran 4 miles. Good run -- faster than normal, but still comfortable.

christabell3
03-19-2007, 08:29 PM
:D 2 miles on treadmill, 3 miles on bike

SexyRevealed
03-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I conquered the demons... 30 mins on treadmill.

suzie76
03-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Monday:

Today was my "rest" day, but I felt like doing something-stretching and yoga:
I exercise with dvds/videos:

Cathe Friedrich-Stretch Max-section with resistance band
Ravi Singh/Ana Brett-Yoga Bliss Hips-"quick bliss" section

Anyone else enjoy yoga? I'm starting to get into kundalini yoga, but have been practicing hatha yoga for a few years.

Take care,
Sherry

royalsfan1
03-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks Lisa! It feels great!

Just finished another 3 miles this morning! Also, added to my yesterday exercise. DD and I went for a walk (actually, she rode her bike) and and a good time together!

suzie76
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi,
This morning was Core Secrets Total Body training.

Sherry

lessofsarahtolove
03-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Everybody's doing so great! I'm so proud of us! :high:

I haven't posted it, but I've been exercising. Here it is:

Saturday - 25 minutes fast biking
Sunday - 30 minutes fast biking
Monday - 35 minutes fast biking

I'll let you know later what I do today -- could be a DVD or more biking, I dunno yet!

Slashnl
03-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Got out and walked with a friend during lunch break. 1 1/2 miles around the park. She took it easy on me so that I wouldn't be too sweaty coming back to work! OMG, is it gorgeous out today! The trees are budding, the flowers are starting to bloom, and everyone seems a little happier!

SexyRevealed
03-20-2007, 09:26 PM
It was beautiful here today as well. I'm so happy it's Spring!!!

Today I did Turbo Jam Turbo Sculpt (40 mins) and then did the Turbo Jam "Burn" workout (17 mins) for a total of 58 minutes. Wow, that's probably the longest I've ever exercised! I burned 548 calories! :) :)

LisaMarie71
03-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Good job, Tiff!!

I ran 2 miles today. Almost didn't get home in time to do it because I had to run some errands, but I'm so glad I squeezed in my run!

suzie76
03-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Tiff,

I just bought the two turbo jam workouts that use the stability ball-hope to use one later this week.

Sherry

SexyRevealed
03-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Tiff,

I just bought the two turbo jam workouts that use the stability ball-hope to use one later this week.

Sherry

Please let me know how you like it. That's next on my list. Do you have any of the other ones? I just ordered the Maximum Results package and can't wait to get it!

Lisa, WTG on getting your exercise in... Some days are rough, but getting it done makes you feel so much better!

SwimGirl
03-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Let's say Monday was a rest day for me.. heh.

Today I walked, well hiked a pretty hilly path, 6km's (or 3.7miles). My plan is to keep with the long distances with walking, 1-1.5 hours, and in April I am going to start running again. My thoughts are to pay attention to how my body feels, running when I feel like it, and stopping when I feel I cannot do anymore. Do you all think thats a good idea? Normally I follow running "plans" but haven't been able to keep it up.

I am going to pick up Turbo Jam from work on Friday, the DVD is 16.99 and comes with 3 of the workouts on it. Gotta have something for these never ending rainy days!

-Aimee

missaprylj
03-21-2007, 03:11 AM
I worked a friend's delivery shift tonight....

3 hours of walking all over campus carrying a tote of food... and I am so sore!

suzie76
03-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Wednesday:

Leslie Sansone Two Mile Walk Slim
Ravi and Ana Fat Free Lose Weight/Feel Great non impact aerobics

Sherry

ETA:

also did:

15 minutes recumbent bike
Yoga to Go Back to Health-low back segment-20 minutes

royalsfan1
03-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Just did 3 miles on my elliptical and this afternoon I WILL do a WATP video! Now it's in writing...no backing out...no excuses!

SexyRevealed
03-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Amiee - You should definitely listen to your body. I think that's a better judge of what you can do.

suzie76
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Tiffany,

I think I have about all the turbo jams! I think I"ll do one of the stability ball ones thursday or friday.

enjoy your new ones-
sherry

I'm having trouble following chalene in cardio party remix (the live one) her cueing is practically non -existent. I still haven't decided if I like any of her strength workouts or not....

SexyRevealed
03-21-2007, 09:43 PM
I love Turbo Sculpt. It's one of my favorite strength workouts. I think the new pack I just ordered comes with 3T. We'll see! :)

Today I did TJ 20 minute - 200 calories. :) :)

LisaMarie71
03-21-2007, 10:04 PM
45 min step aerobics class, followed by 60 min bodysculpting class

royalsfan1
03-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Just did 3 miles on my elliptical and this afternoon I WILL do a WATP video! Now it's in writing...no backing out...no excuses!

Did the video, too! Putting it in writing must be the secret!

SexyRevealed
03-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Did the video, too! Putting it in writing must be the secret!

Ha! It worked! :carrot:

Inspire Me
03-22-2007, 10:02 AM
:carrot: I got up early and exercised. I did 35 min on my treadmill. I have been walking my dog and noticed I could go faster on my treadmill. I am so proud of myself. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I think I found time 5 days a week to do this. Cheers I did day one of exercise. Yippieee

royalsfan1
03-22-2007, 10:33 AM
3 miles on my elliptical. I WILL do a WATP video this afternoon!

Penney
03-22-2007, 08:54 PM
I finally got to exercise after like 9 days of being sick, thought I got over it and then had a setback. I am still supposed to be "recouping" until next week. But, I was starting to go just a little bit nutsy.

Anyways - on my breaks at work today - I went into the exercise room and used the nautilis equipment (I can do that without getting sweaty).

Tonight - I went to Curves.

I am already sore - but I feel so good.

SexyRevealed
03-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Welcome back Penney! Glad you are feeling better. :)

I did a dance DVD for 35 mins. 266 calories burned.

LisaMarie71
03-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Tiff, how do you measure your calories burned? Do you have a heart rate monitor that does it? I'm really tempted to buy one of those.

Today I ran 3.1 miles (5k) on the treadmill, and I shaved a minute off the time it took me to do it last week -- this week I did it in 35:30. Not exactly lightning speed, but fast for me! :) Tomorrow is rest day, and my legs need it...

SwimGirl
03-23-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm admiring all your exercise, I've been too tired to do anything for the past 2 days. I hurt my knee today walking from my store to the car - it was a disaster. Tomorrow!

-Aimee

SexyRevealed
03-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Tiff, how do you measure your calories burned? Do you have a heart rate monitor that does it? I'm really tempted to buy one of those.

Today I ran 3.1 miles (5k) on the treadmill, and I shaved a minute off the time it took me to do it last week -- this week I did it in 35:30. Not exactly lightning speed, but fast for me! :) Tomorrow is rest day, and my legs need it...

Congrats on improving your time!

Yes, I have a HRM that tells me hpw many calories burned. It's very motivating. Sometimes I'll want to push past a certain calorie number, so I'll go for a little longer. The best gift I've received in a long time!

LisaMarie71
03-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Tiff, what kind of HRM is it? I'd like to get one but I'd rather get a recommendation from someone before I spend the money. I don't want to waste money on one that doesn't work well. I'd love to know approximately how many calories I'm burning with all this running, and I never really trust those charts and calculators you find online.

SexyRevealed
03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Lisa - My experience with the online calculators is that they were totally overestimating my calorie burn. They would tell me 600 calories (based on my weight) for a 45 minute Turbo Jam workout, when actually it was closer to 400-450.

I have a Polar F6. Polar, I believe, is widely considered the best brand. They have several models. The F6 is geared for weight loss/general fitness, but they do have running models as well. Their website is http://www.polarusa.com. You can compare models and find one right for you.

I ordered mine from http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com. They offer free shipping on HRM's, and DH saved 20% with the coupon code GALAXY.

I love it not only for the calorie thing, but I also like to know how hard I'm working. Sometimes I think I'm doing something, and my heart rate is not high at all, so I know I need to pick it up. Or if it gets too high, I know to bring it down a little bit so I can last longer. I think you should definitely get one. :) :)

suzie76
03-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi,

I took a rest day yesterday. My back was acting up.

Today's workout:

Turbo Jam Kickin Core-fun! Chalene's cueing was better in this one, and the pace was less frantic

Yoga Zone-Yoga for a Strong and Healthy Back

I may do some stretching later.

Take care,
Sherry

Sandi
03-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Yesterday I took Bailey for a walk. I can't say we went all that far, but I got out there and that's what matters.

royalsfan1
03-23-2007, 12:37 PM
I added my WATP video to my elliptical yesterday!

Today, already did my 3 miles on the elliptical and will do a WATP later.

RitzyFritz
03-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I have been doing 30-35 minutes on the treadmill most days (5 out of 7) but feel I need to ramp it up a little. Today I ordered Body for Life for Women DVD by Pamela Peeke and Ellen Barrett. Anyone here ever try it? I'm not much on "major workouts" but I thought this might at least diversify my exercise and help the weight loss to go a little faster. I can hope, can't I? :smug:

cara1980
03-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Here's mine
Monday-60 mins
Tuesday-90 mins
Wednesday-30 mins
Thursday-180 mins
Dont think Im going today b/c my house is a WRECK and I really need to get a jump start on it.

Penney
03-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Wow - I was still sore today....... but at work today - I went to the workout room once - put very light weight on the Nautulis equipment and did that - hoping to work out the soreness - because even stretching after a hot shower was hurting me.

Did not go to Curves - but went out and worked in the yard for a little over an hour this evening.

Ritzy - I read her book and LOVED it, that was what helped me get started - let us know how her DVD is.... okay?

RitzyFritz
03-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Ritzy - I read her book and LOVED it, that was what helped me get started - let us know how her DVD is.... okay?

I agree! I liked her book as well; in fact, that is what made me look for her exercise DVD so I could see the moves in action rather than just the still pictures in the book. :) I did check the DVD out at the library but had to return it way too soon...so I bought it to have all the time. ;) I liked what I saw and it seemed simple enough for beginners but effective enough for accomplished exercisers.

royalsfan1
03-24-2007, 09:22 AM
I added my WATP to yesterday's list.

I just finished doing my 3 miles on the elliptical this morning. We're going to the zoo today so I won't be doing a WATP video. The zoo will be my walking. No, it won't be a real fast clip but I'll be on my feet a lot longer. That's got to count for something! :)

suzie76
03-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi,

Saturday's workout:

Tamilee Webb-Fit to the Hits Motown Moves-30 minutes

i cycle-forty minute recumbent bike workout

Sara Ivanhoe-Yoga-Sculpted Buns and thighs dvd

I haven't tried the Pamela Peeke dvd but liked the book. If you do enjoy the instructor, Ellen Barrett, she has a lot more dvds available.

Take care,
Sherry

LisaMarie71
03-24-2007, 01:02 PM
yesterday: planned rest day
today: 4 mile run

suzie76
03-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Add to Saturday-

fit tv All Star Workout-Michelle LeMay stretching-40 minutes (or so...can't tell w/commercials)

Sandi-WTG on the walk!

Sherry

royalsfan1
03-25-2007, 03:49 PM
3.25 miles on the elliptical...YEP 3.25!!!! Will do a video this afternoon, probably.

SexyRevealed
03-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Yesterday: 30 minutes of walking - 247 calories

Today: The FIRM Super Body Sculpt (upper and lower body) - 30 mins, 264 calories

suzie76
03-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Sunday:

Cathe Friedrich: Push/Pull Strength workout

Sherry

LisaMarie71
03-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Didn't manage to fit in my usual Sunday yoga today, but did get out for a 2-mile run. Oh, and tons of house cleaning, if that counts.