Carb Counters - Induction Re-start

View Full Version : Induction Re-start

lady_adnerb
03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Ok. So I'm determined THIS time (for the LAST time) to lose this weight once and for all. What makes this time so different? Nothing. Zip. So why do I want it to so bad? Because I'm sick of feeling bloated. I'm sick of clothes not fitting (again). Sick of having to buy NEW clothes so that I can breathe (as the smaller sizes are TOO small). So I'm determined to watch what I'm eating. To quit with the "that little bit won't hurt me" attitude because it WILL hurt me.
So today is day 1 of induction!!!

RobinW
03-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Ok. So I'm determined THIS time (for the LAST time) to lose this weight once and for all. What makes this time so different? Nothing. Zip. So why do I want it to so bad? Because I'm sick of feeling bloated. I'm sick of clothes not fitting (again). Sick of having to buy NEW clothes so that I can breathe (as the smaller sizes are TOO small). So I'm determined to watch what I'm eating. To quit with the "that little bit won't hurt me" attitude because it WILL hurt me.
So today is day 1 of induction!!!

Well, I feel exactly the same way!! Im with you Brenda!

I need a plan to get thru the day....Im usually alright during the day, but in the evenings its torture :(

So....my plan for the evening

When the cravings start, I will go up into the office, and get some more addresses imput in the label templates. I will get at least one more post card designed.........and if Im still struggling I'll open up dd's Sims Pets and play that for a while.

Puncezilla
03-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm restarting induction today also! We can do this! :goodvibes :goodvibes

RobinW
03-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Alright!!

So how is everyone doing so far? I was hungry a little while ago and downed a bit more water, and sliced 2 chunks of pepperoni off the thingy.

Im p'ing lots so thats a good sign :D

nonamortica
03-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I am with you guys on this! Last week I went way off plan and gained 4 lbs:(

I have "reasons". I had some stressful times related to my coaching certification course. Had a less than nice supervision. Got some good learning but it was a hard process. Then this weekend I had to do my written final exam, I just did not watch my diet at all, spent Saturday and Sunday writing it, and eating not low carb stuff. Plus last week was orientation week and that always is stressful and exausting.

Well, the test is done and what a relief. And I have no more supervisions. So I am in a better place.

If I was to be totally honest, though, it's a pattern for me to kind of blow it when I have done well and lost a few lbs. Not sure what that is about, some sort of inner saboteur, for sure. I will have to watch that!

Anyway, I am back on induction. I want to turn this thing around!

Nona

lady_adnerb
03-19-2007, 10:27 PM
So far I'm doing well. Not getting the water in like I should. Eating is OP. But didn't exercise. So day 1 is still considered a success for me :)

RobinW
03-19-2007, 10:32 PM
getting 100% eats in on 1st day back is awesome!! :cb:

Leenie
03-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Good luck girlie :hug:

LOVE YAH !!!!

Puncezilla
03-20-2007, 03:06 PM
day 1 was good for me, I even exercised, probably didn't get enough water either but thats always been a problem for me

RobinW
03-20-2007, 05:48 PM
So how is it going today??

Im good here, bit low on my water intake, but thats because I was out most of the day. I'll catch up. Ive got the headache today....but Im enjoying another cup of coffee to help get rid of that.

nonamortica
03-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm hanging in there ... probably could be drinking more water ...

tdream
03-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm a few days ahead of you guys, but i'm still having trouble with the water too! It's like taking medicene for me! Any suggestions to make it easier?:^:

RobinW
03-20-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm a few days ahead of you guys, but i'm still having trouble with the water too! It's like taking medicene for me! Any suggestions to make it easier?:^:

hiya tdream.......I drink my water thru a straw. I get more in, and I find it easier to sip on a straw all day than to drink out of a glass. (I have a big jug from walmart with a hole for a straw)

Did good today, but didnt get any exercise in. But food and water is 100%

Puncezilla
03-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm having a good day food wise, my biggest complaint is the water, I think I'm drinking close to the recomended amount (if I count tea) but it goes right through me. I hate having to get up 5 or more times a night to p.

RobinW
03-20-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm having a good day food wise, my biggest complaint is the water, I think I'm drinking close to the recomended amount (if I count tea) but it goes right through me. I hate having to get up 5 or more times a night to p.

this will get much better puncezilla. You will only p 20x a day instead of 25 :D :rofl: No really, it does get better once your body gets used to it. Just think of all the fat and toxins you are flushing out of your system!!

carvinmom
03-21-2007, 01:47 AM
IM a little behind some of you BUT today is the day!!! Got to try again , at least didnt gain it all back this time. By reading some of the post, looks like i will have some company also starting over. How about it , we gonna get our duffs in gear ?? Whats some suggestions for our first restart plan?? carvinmom

Arkansas Kel
03-21-2007, 05:53 AM
OK, I understand. I hate water too. I'm the first to say I don't drink enough. But I got some good tips. Keep it where you are. I'm an oral person. If something is near me and can go in my mouth it likely will. Next, the straw - great tip. That does help. And to throw another in the ring - freeze it. If it's frozen I feel like I can never get a complete drink as it thaws so I keep trying. It's the old wanting what you can't have system. By the time it thaws I've sucked it all down! Bottled waters freeze great and then serve as ice blocks for your lunch box! Add a little lemon to a glass of water for a touch of zing. I do this sometimes. I love it. Especially now that I'm away from sweets more. One slice lemon to one glass looks pretty (always encouraging to my palate) and adds a little something to my taste buds (that glass usually goes down pretty fast!).

lady_adnerb
03-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Yesterday (D2)went well----not enough water, no exercise, but OP...so I'll take it!

Today (D3)looks to be another busy one. I need to up the water intake even if it does make me pee constantly. Maybe it'll flush this headache away as well. Oh, got rid of the energy drinks yesterday which accounted for 1/2 the headache I had. It was a DOOZY!!

RobinW
03-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Did good yesterday, had the munchies at about 930pm, so I made a small plate of cheese chips. Did the trick. I managed to get all my water in, it was late in the day, so I was p'ing lots right before bedtime. No exercise, but everything else was great.

Starmuser
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm on day six of induction (I think LOL...it might be five...started while kids were on break last week). I'm down seven pounds, which is fast for me. I've been religious and I'm doing the old style induction--no atkins bars, shakes, etc. I'm a total sugar addict and I swear, those trigger binges with me.

Anyhow, hi! Didn't see this part of the forum until today. Nice to see others doing what I am!

L8again
03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I was having a problem with water until I started mixing Crystal Light in with mine. Reading the box it has Zero everything and now I am totally addicted to the fruit punch. I actually was able to put away 85 oz. of water yesterday. Didn't really mean to drink that much it just kinda happened. Of course I had to pee every 30 min. that was no fun. So far so good today.

Darthtater
03-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Hello...I am re-starting induction also but have a question or 2.

I know that on Atkins you do not need to count calories, and I am fine with that, however....out of curiosity I figured out how many I was getting on an average day. Less than 1000 and I am never hungry and the cravings are minimal and only for fruit so it's no big deal.

I don't have much time for experimenting with various recipes so here is what I have almost every day:

bfast: 2 egg omlette with Rotel tomatoes, mushrooms and cheddar cheese.

Lunch: (which I am almost never hungry for until about 2 or 3pm) 2C raw spinach mixed with some iceberg lettuce and mayo/salsa dressing. 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast.

Snack: 1 String Cheese

Dinner: Chicken or fish and veggies

More than enough water and that is about it.

The obvious answer is to add more food to increase the calories so my system doesn't think it is being starved. That is where the problem lies....I am not hungry and adding more food when you already aren't hungry isn't a good solution.

Does anyone else have this problem, plenty of food but not many calories,?

I also exersize 7 days a week, treadmill 1 hour every other day and 1/2 hour with weights for arms the other days.

Any thoughts on this?

Puncezilla
03-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Welcome carvinmom, starmuser and darthtater!

Darthtater your menu sounds good, but 1000 calories is maybe to low. I do track my calories through fit day and am usualy any where beetween 1200 and 2000 as my days vary quite alot. your hunger might increase slightly once you go to OWL and add a few more carbs. And way to go with all the exercise, that is awesome!

starmuser, 7lbs is a great loss for 6 days ! It took me 2 weeks to lose that.

Brenda, way to go staying op and ditching those sports drinks! I hadn't had a diet pop in months untill last weekend I had a dietvancherycoke (my favorite) and I didn't even like it anymore.

I'm OP as well and feelin' good about it , I was going to try adding lemon to my water but I forgot to buy some again. I havent tried cristal lite yet but did try another locarb drink mix and it didn't realy work for me. I think I'll try making some iced herbal tea with a little splenda.

Good luck everyone, we can do this!

RobinW
03-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Welcome to all the new folks !! Yahh!

Darthtater~ me personally I dont worry about the calories, because certain times of the month, Im starving....and I eat large quantities of op food. So for me it evens out. But if you dont have this issue, its easy to pop a few extras on your food to add up the calories. Add mushrooms, full fat salad dressings, tsp or 2 of bacon bits on your salad or veggies or in your scrambled eggs, eat a bit more beef for the extra calories.

Got my exercise in and 1/2 my water down.....doing good :)

RobinW
03-22-2007, 10:01 AM
How did yesterday go?

I managed a 100% op day, water, food and exercise all done. It helps when your dh doesnt have you out of the house galavanting all over gods green acres! :rolleyes:

Puncezilla
03-22-2007, 03:01 PM
100% OP for me yesterday!

RobinW
03-24-2007, 09:21 AM
check in everyone............how is it going?

Im doing good, didnt get exercise in yesterday but water and food was 100%.

Im still really tired, have camel breath, loosing weight and my hair is curly... so I know its working :lol:

RobinW
03-25-2007, 12:41 PM
How did everyones first week back on induction go?

Still having to put in the 7th day today, but I did good. I stayed op, got water and exercise in, and am now working the plan 100%.

Puncezilla
03-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Hangin' in there. Still OP but not 100% with the water. back up a pound from yesterday.

Big Boned Chick
03-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Hang in there! The first 2 weeks are the hardest. First 3 days are ****.:carrot:
I had sucess with Atkins 2 years ago, lost 20lbs kept it off until last summer. Back on Atkins and using Lipovox. Been using it for a few days now, lost 2llbs since. Not hungry, smaller meals, drinking lots and lots of water (thursty). My only down fall is eating nuts if they are in the house, no other cravings just for water.

Starmuser
03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Hmmm. First week, five pounds in the first few days, then I stopped losing for three days, but I was slacking on my water. Dropped another pound this morning after boosting my water and keeping an eye on my sodium. Something about this perimenopause thing...has me retaining water. Something I've never done before.

I started back into my exercise program after I got over the induction trots....so I hope that helps keep the weight loss moving along.

How goes it with everyone else?

Puncezilla
03-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Hi, Big Boned. Welcome! I also have a big problem with nuts, I just can't seem to stop eating them. My DH likes them and they are better than chips or candy so we buy them regularly, and I just can't seem to resist them.
I hope you'll join our weekly chat.
Jolene

lady_adnerb
03-26-2007, 12:19 AM
UGH! I did well until today. Stepped on the scale--it didn't move, so of course lost ambition. I need to quit looking at the scale and just go by what my clothes say. I've also got to start exercising. I know that if I stepped it up I'd end up losing weight. It's GOT to be why I'm not losing anything. UGH! Restarting tomorrow.

RobinW
03-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Brenda, has it moved at all this week? Are you getting your water in?

Puncezilla
03-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Brenda:hug: Hang in there. My scale is not being kind to me either.

Star, it sounds like your doing great, keep it up!

I cheated and had a few nuts yesterday.:^: I have been losing and gaining the same two lbs for 2 weeks now. So this week I'm going to concentrate on drinking more water and increase the intesity of exersise (while still staying OP) and hope this helps.

Way to go everyone staying on plan.

RobinW
03-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Alright everyone fess up!!! How did yesterday go????

water?
food?
exercise?

food and exercise was 100% for me, water was about 90% I couldnt get that last bit in. I just didnt want to be up 3x during the night to p :lol: I have a good start on todays water already.

Starmuser
03-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Same here, food and exercise good, but down a couple of glasses of water. UGH I feel like I'm sloshing! I've done a bit better today, but I don't know if I'll get in 24 more ounces by bedtime!

Puncezilla
03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
:woohoo: OP yesterday and today. Back down a couple of lbs again, I'm not changing my ticker till I know they are gone for good.

RobinW
03-27-2007, 09:36 PM
WTG Puncezilla!!! :cb: :cb: Im going to try to stay off the scale at least until thursday morning.

Starmuser
03-28-2007, 08:46 AM
You all are doing great! I choked down all of my water yesterday. Glug LOL.

Down two more this morning. Wish this rate of weight loss could continue. My first seven pounds took four months of fighting the binge monster to lose.

I only have two (maybe three, have to go count) more days of induction left unless I decide to take it on for another week since I had a hard time getting on board with the water. I'm such a carb addict--its bad, trust me--that I'm really thinking I might stay here for a bit longer. It's way healthier than the way I was eating!

Star

lady_adnerb
03-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Did well Monday and yesterday. Need to up the water...but that'll happen (eventually). Not going to step on the scale and that thing is evil to me. I know I'm up past what I was last week---so guessing it's water weight. I'm still not feeling as bloated as I had, my stomach doesn't even LOOK as bloated...so I'll take that and be happy. Now to keep staying OP and maybe things will get looser!!

RobinW
03-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I plan to stay on induction too Star, for at least another 50lbs before I change things up.

I did good yesterday, got the last of my water in a little late, so I was up p'ing alot. I have to get it in earlier today!!

food, water and exercise were 100%

Starmuser
04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Are you guys still here? I'm still doing ok....stalled out for nearly a week, but dropped to more yesterday. I really had to kick up the exercise. I guess my metabolism isn't 35 anymore LOL. Now, losing two pounds a week, or even 1 requires that I stay on target and active. But I feel good, and my clothes are starting to fit again. My size twelves are comfortable now. I'm eyeballing the closet full of eights and hoping that by the end of the summer.....<sigh>...

Need to go update my signature...

How are you all doing?

lady_adnerb
04-09-2007, 11:42 AM
So Easter is over and I've gotten that out of my system. The funny thing is, the candy didn't even LOOK good to me! So that's a good thing. Shoot, I made dessert and it didn't even taste good (so actually only had one piece instead of gorging on it). So I'm hoping I didn't mess things up too badly. Walked yesterday after lunch so hopefully that'll also have pushed the fatty junk out of my system. At least started it in the right direction :lol:
Here's to a brand new restart:carrot:

Starmuser
04-10-2007, 10:00 PM
That's what its all about, Brenda....getting back on the wagon and staying on more than we stay off! For that, high five, girlfriend!

katrs5
04-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Ok, I have been toying with South Beach and Atkins, and after reading SugarFreeSheila - I've decided on Atkins. Afterall, once your done with induction you start adding in the good carbs again, etc.. anyway.

I'm on day 2. I'm going to go have some bacon/eggs for breakfast. Yesterday I stayed on plan and drank a lot of H20 (for me). Today I'm going for even more.

Lunch I'm going to have some sliced turkey and swiss cheese and for dinner I'll have 2 cups salad with real ranch dressing, pork tenderloin, and 1 cup cooked brussel sprouts.

I am craving sweets like mad. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and almost bought a 12 pack of glazed donuts...but I didn't and stayed on plan. That's a victory for me, definately!

How much of the heavy cream can I have per day and what can I use it in to curb my sweet tooth?

Thanks so much!
Brandy

katrs5
04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Darn these cravings. Luckily nothing is in the house that is sweet that I like, lol. Will they ever go away? According to fit day I'm up to 13 carbs today, I get 20 I think, so I should be on track.

I'd give anything for some Easter mini-eggs, but I keep thinking getting skinny will feel better. Right? lol

katrs5
04-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Does anyone know of a more active Atkins forum? This one seems fairly slow.

loosing4good
04-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Well, it has been a long time for me since last doing Atkins, but this is the easiest thing for me to do while I am out of the states. Just jumping abord to get some added support.

Starmuser
04-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Hi everyone. I'm one month in tomorrow. The weight loss has slowed dramatically, but its still creeping down and my body is reshaping. I can't believe how much smaller my waist is....seems like the gain I had was mostly in my gut. My size 12 jeans are getting loose, but I'm not ready for a ten for another five to ten pounds--maybe 15 at this age LOL. It doesn't come off like it used to...<sigh>.

Starmuser
04-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Darn these cravings.
I'd give anything for some Easter mini-eggs, but I keep thinking getting skinny will feel better. Right? lol

The cravings do pass. Nobody craves sugar like I do...I've always said I'm a sugar/fat combo addict. During induction I dreamed about Hershey bar binges LOL. If I got past it....anyone can. And when it passes...it really is gone. I don't even think about sugar anymore.

I have to keep my carbs below 35 to keep the cravings gone, though. If I get much over that......its dreams of chocolate again!

Breakfast today, an Atkins shake latte with sugar free whipped cream on top. Yuuummmmmm. I stir in a tablespoon of benefiber to keep the hungries away. :D

Rikku
04-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Hello everyone, I have to start over too.. I got frustrated and ate bad all last week, and gained 4 1/2 pounds! It seems like every time I lost a bunch of weight, I stray. I don't know why. So my entire diet has been 2 steps forward, one steo back. I am feeling very frustrated in myself.. so tomorrow I need to get serious.

LadyJulieAnn
04-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Ok, I have been toying with South Beach and Atkins, and after reading SugarFreeSheila - I've decided on Atkins. Afterall, once your done with induction you start adding in the good carbs again, etc.. anyway.

I'm on day 2. I'm going to go have some bacon/eggs for breakfast. Yesterday I stayed on plan and drank a lot of H20 (for me). Today I'm going for even more.

Lunch I'm going to have some sliced turkey and swiss cheese and for dinner I'll have 2 cups salad with real ranch dressing, pork tenderloin, and 1 cup cooked brussel sprouts.

I am craving sweets like mad. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and almost bought a 12 pack of glazed donuts...but I didn't and stayed on plan. That's a victory for me, definately!

How much of the heavy cream can I have per day and what can I use it in to curb my sweet tooth?

Thanks so much!
Brandy

Hi Brandy,

My biggest suggestion to you is to make sure that you eat enough during the day. I found at first that I was not eating a lot because I wasn't as hungry, but as soon as I started adding in snacks and eating bigger portions, my weight loss kicked in more. A good link for food ideas is http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ . There are wonderful recipes, and the ones that are induction friendly are marked with an asterisk. She also has a listing of her induction menus with recipe links.

One thing I used a lot to curb cravings are the Atkins Advantage bars that are marked as induction-friendly. Some people say the bars stall them, but I didn't have that problem. Another idea is to whip up some heavy cream, add some splenda, and add some unsweetened cocoa. I never measure how much I use, but it's probably around 1/4 cup.

Hope this helps,
Julie

LadyJulieAnn
04-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Does anyone know of a more active Atkins forum? This one seems fairly slow.

You might want to post in the "weekly chat" section that starts every Monday. It's an active thread. :)

Julie

RobinW
04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Well, its a restart for me today! What a rough couple of weeks its been.

I am not going to get on the scale, the numbers are just too high and they are depressing!

Im going get a bunch of eggs boiled today, some crustless quiche made, and a bunch of chicken breasts done up! Oh!! and get my water jug filled too!

Here I go again :(

Starmuser
04-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Good for you for getting right back on board, Robin!

I had a mini slip the other day, but it only lasted for about ten minutes and I'm back on track. Normally, I'd have used it as an excuse to blow everything!