View Full Version : Weekly Chat March 19-25/07

RobinW
03-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Just getting us started........Im off to have my coffee :D

lady_adnerb
03-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Robin: Morning! Enjoy the coffee :)

Late start for the DD's....so a late start for me. Day 1 of induction :)

beach bum
03-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Wasn't feeling well this weekend, Had to much cabbage at my corned beef dinner.Got up late,and now everything is going to be on the back burner. Don't have to worry as I'm retired and can do what I want without having a boss to respond too.

Nothing new, was going out to walk along the beach,but it was to cold and windy,so I have to reley on my trusty bike.

Robin & Brenda-Hi:wave: thanks for starting us up this week.

Going to have lunch

Hugs :) BB

L8again
03-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Good morning all...hope ya'll don't mind that I jumped in. I'm starting (again) induction today. So far so good. I had 3 boiled eggs for breakfast, salad and tuna w/mayo and a pickle for lunch, probably bacon and eggs for supper, we'll see. I did Atkins about 3 years ago and lost a lot of weight and then lost my mind and quit, so of course it all came back and then I quit smoking and, oh my, all I wanted to do then was eat. Right now I'd like to loose about 40 lbs. so I'm starting over with what I hope is a new determination to win. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone and I'll try to keep coming back. Hopefully ya'll can help keep me on track. Everyone, have a great day!

Puncezilla
03-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Good afternoon,

l8again, welcom & Good luck on day 1 (and everyday) stick around.

BB, I hope your feeling better. One of my dreams is to live somewhere close to or on a beach, I love being near the water sooooooooo much!

Brenda, way to go with the belly ring!

I am restarting induction today also. I had a bit of a bad week last week, went back up 2 lbs, probably just water weight, but scared the crap out of me. was back down to 213.5 again this morning but this was the first week with no loss since I started.

RobinW
03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
:welcome3: L8comer!

Dh and I were out looking at cars today....we really aren't car ppl, we are truck ppl, but with the gas prices we think its time to reconsider our desires. Anyway, we loved the mercury milan, and will be test driving an escape hybrid on wednesday!

BB, enjoy the beach!

lady_adnerb
03-19-2007, 09:34 PM
BB: I'd love to live on the beach! I bet that's an awesome place to walk! Glad you're feeling better!

Shelly: Welcome! Jump right in and make yourself and home!!

Punce: Don't worry about the 2 pounds. You're right, it's water weight and will go away!!

Robin: Good luck w/the vehicle hunting! I hear you on the truck vs. car likes. I'd prefer a truck....but will stick w/my car (because of the gas mileage thing)

I didn't get my water intake in...but my eating is OP. I'm going to consider it a success though. I've got to work on getting rid of the energy drinks I've been drinking. I only drink one a day...but it has aspartame and I think that prevents me from losing (and creates sugar cravings). I'm trying to figure out the best day to do that. Might have to wait for Thursday.

Arkansas Kel
03-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Hello again, just ducking in to get an update on yall and give you one on me. Again, hello all newcomers! I'm her so sporadically that the folks seem to change a lot. C'mon in the waters fine. Try to hang around.

My schedule was still crazy until this week - spring break from school is finally here so all I HAVE to do is work and pay taxes (literally - I'm taking the time to do our taxes!). My wt continues to drop even though I've had off days and on days. I've been very sick - so sick I told my husband to get me in at a Dr. ofc or get me in at the morgue. I have chronic sinus problems and they struck big time with a 103 temp. I even missed work (which is not normal for me).

I was off plan during sickness and dropped a couple pounds! I think I ate so little anyway it probably didn't add up to much of anything. Then was on plan. Then went off again during work this week - was so constipated (another abnormality for me - maybe from being sick not long ago and dehydrated?) then back on again today. Anyway, during it all I dropped 3 more pounds. Not the way to do it, BUT hey, worked out in the end!

I really miss you guys when I'm missing awhile! I got to get on here more regularly. You guys always help me stick with my plans better!

RobinW
03-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Good Morning

Kel :wave:

I had been holding so much water the last couple days that my ankles were swollen to a point I couldnt see my ankle bones! :eek: Well after 1 full day of induction I can see my bones starting to poke back out! I suspect by day 3 they should be about back to normal. I had never seen my ankles like that, not even when I was pregnant......it scared me pretty good.

On to day 2 :cb: Have a great day everyone!

L8again
03-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Good Morning everyone! I made it thru my first day on induction yesterday. I found myself wanting to eat all day. I did ok. Instead of getting "the bad stuff" I snacked on cheese, a couple of pickles and a small piece of beef jerkey. So far so good today, for breakfast I had 2 fried eggs with a slice of cheese between them and 3 small pcs of bacon. I'm going to have to eat something soon so I think I'm gonna get me a pickle. For lunch I brought me a salad with some turkey. Not sure what's for supper yet. Eight hamburger patties or some chicken w/salad. Anyway I hope everyone has a great day today.

beach bum
03-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies :)

Today we're celebrating our 10th Annviersary retiring & moving to Cape Cod. We went out to lunch at the 99 Restaurant. I found out that they have lunch in to verisons reg and low carb.I was very pleased,as now I can keep to L/Cing without cheating.

Had a wonderful low carb meal at the 99 restaurant. I had 1/2 lb of marinated sirloin tips with broccoli and mashed cauliflower[ Surprise"Mashed Potato"] No appetizers or desserts so I sure this meal was scale friendly. We'll see on Friday.

My doctor called and said that my blood test from last week came back with great numbers.

my LDL=133,HDL=47,Total=212,Trigs=159 & my sugar=108.Eight [8] years ago my trigs were way over 300. Sb helped but not that much so I switch to low carbing,and finally I getting good results. Now only if my weight would go down,I'd really would be happy.

l8again-:welcome: to the thread.I love this WOE as what I posted above.Not only does weight go down, but you get healthy numbers.My other love is to cook,so I found some low carb recipe web sites if your interested.

Punezilla:-Thanks my tummy is feeling better again, it had to be the cabbage that I had over the weekend. Sorry :sorry:about your gain.Sometimes the body rests,and your numbers might go up and down before it settles.I been there,but I found that going back to 20-25 grams kept me on the maintaining mode,but once I added more carbs I started to lose again. Might not work for you,I'm up to 30-32 carbs per day.

Robin:-Good :cupgold:Lucky Car hunting. Hope you find one that you like. There are so many companies & cars to choose from.We love the Toyotas,we have a Avalon. It was TOO COLD & WINDY to walk on the beach,but when it gets warmer I be out there. You must be retaining lost of water,Id you eat someing salty or with hight amount of sodium. In the winter I sometimes get lazy and buy soup instead of making the soup from scratch and my weight goes up from water.

Brenda:-I'd stay away:no: from those sports drinks they have lot of suger in them. Lemonade from crystal lite is a good one to take.Like I posted to Robin much to cold to beach walk,have to wait until its get warmer.

Kel:-Sorry :sorry: about your sinus condition.I sinus problems also,but never that serious. Hope you're feeling better now.Congrats on your 3 lbs off,but not that way. I use S/F Metamucil power mixed with water to get my fiber in. I take it 3 X's day before 15 M before a meal. Its a natural fiber made from corn psyllium husk.

Have a great one

RobinW
03-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Hiya Shelley, I found I snacked wayyyy too much on cheese (cuz I love it) so now I buy the preshredded stuff. Its alot harder for me to snack on that :lol: Anyway, great job getting thru day 1!! :cb:

Well, dh and I just got back from a full afternoon of car shopping. We will buy a ford because dh is a ford retiree, and we get the ford plan pricing. So far we really like the fusion, and focus with the street package. It was kinda cool on the test drive I drove thru a parking lot that had state troopers driving skill pylons set up. I think they were all on lunch because there wasnt anyone around. So it was really cool to take the fusion thru those pylons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way cool! Way fun to drive!! Then dh was driving the focus (red) street package (looks kinda like those souped up civics) and guess who got pulled over for speeding!!! :eek: :rofl: :lol3: It was just too funny, 2 old folks driving this little tricked out car! So we decided we didnt want the red :lol:

We actually brought the silver focus street pkg car home over night. We really like it. We also think this particular car will be a good purchase for our business. This we decided after some young guy came up to us and asked us what kind of car we were driving and what year it was.....the young fella was impressed!! :lol: So right away Im thinking about what types of graphics to put on the car to help our business!! :lol:

Ok, thats it for my day, it was easy staying op when I was driving test courses and laughing at dh for getting pulled over :rofl: Hopefully tonight will be just as easy.

lady_adnerb
03-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Kel: Hopefully you get the sinus problems under control! Glad to hear you're feeling better

Shelly: Sounds like you've done great! Definitely watch the intake of cheese. If nothing else, eat more veggies. And don't forget the water--it helps take away the empty stomach feeling.

BB: Great to hear your test results are going down!! That is awesome! And finding a good restaurant--WTG w/staying OP!!

Robin: lol@ DH getting a ticket. I heard red vehicles attracted the most attention..but guess this should prove it. :lol: Glad to hear the ankles are coming back :) WTG on staying OP and getting your water in!

Yesterday was good eating wise. Almost got all the water in--so hopefully today I can actually do that. Gave up the energy drinks yesterday--which I'm sure is why I got the monster headache. Already I'm not feeling as bloated though. :cb:

RobinW
03-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Good Morning

I always find if fascinating.....the changes in our bodies on atkins. The sleepyness has started, (this morning) the headaches are pretty much gone, my hair gets soooooooooo much curlier, and Ive got 4lbs of water gone. No wonder I couldnt see my ankles :eek:

Brenda~ I cant drink those energy drinks, I get whopper headaches too. I think its from the all the splenda (in the diet energy drinks). I cant drink too much splenda (or any artificial sweetener) or I get headaches and chest pains. Break out some green tea for caffeine maybe instead. Or make a green tea iced tea.

I dont know what dh has planned for us today, driving around in the car I imagine :lol: I've been telling him for the last 2 days I had work to do. But he keeps making me wait :lol:

Thats about it for now......have a great day ladies.

L8again
03-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone, Here we go with day 3. Yesterday I drank so much water my organs were floating in it. I wasn't really hungry through the day but I found that I kept wanting to eat. I didn't want anything in particular, I just wanted to eat. Does this happen often? I ate way more salad yesterday than I'm supposed to on induction but it helped to keep me away from the Dorito's. I bet I probably had 8 cups.:sorry: I'm going to try to be way better today. Is it ok that I snack on pickles? The jar say 0 carbs. So far so good with headaches and sleepyness. Not having that yet but I expect it anytime.

Anyway Ya'll have a great day today and thanks for the words of encouragement!!!!!:hug:

Puncezilla
03-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Hay everybody! It sounds like everyone is doing realy well so far this week, YAY!

BB, those blood tests are great, I had no idea atkins would make such a big difference with that.

l8again, I don't know about anyone else but I do eat pickles, the ones I have say 1 carb per pickle but fit day says one pickle has 3 carbs, so I try not to eat to many, I also like to snack on olives. I also eat more cheese than the book allows, but I'm still losing so I'm not to worried about it. Also if your salad is mostly lettus it is probably very low in carbs. 2 cups of lettus is almost nothing.

Robin, So stange that your hair would be curlier! I have never noticed any real changes, like more headaches or sleepyness on atkins ( I'v had headachs and drowsieness everyday for years) I do have less hunger on induction, But no "atkins flu" .

Keep up the good work everyone!

beach bum
03-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi Ladies :)

The first day of Spring,everywhere but here. Its still cold,even though the wind subsided.Here in the cape we don't get the warmer weather until Late April Early May,and than sometimes not until June,when it starts getting hot UGHHHHHHHHHH!! Can't get my tomato plants in until than,and then in Sept I still have green tomatoes on the vine and its ready to get cool again. Found some recipes for fried green tomatoes. Or I put them in a brown bag to ripen. Enough about the weather.

Had a wonderful lunch with Leo, for our a 10th aniversary moving here. Marinated steak tips with broccoli and SB surprise"mashed potatoes". Mine taste like cauiflower,but there tasted like potaotes. Wish I could get there recipe.

Brenda-I'm so happy I started with the low carbing ,and not fool around with the other WOEing. My doctor was pleased and told me to continue with what I was doing. The restaurant we went to does carter to low carbing,so I will be going their for now on.Good for you and big congrats:cheers: that your changing your liquid consumpion from sports drinks to water.It was getting cold in my livingroom so I microwaved a cup of water and than mixed it with lemon juice and splenda. It was delish.It sound weird but they only thing it was missing was a te bag.

Robin-Happy that the swelling for your ankdles are gone. Wow 4 lbs loss,big congrats. I know that low carbing is the healthiest way for me to lose weight and to keep healthy. Not going back to the other diets,that for sure. Glad you found the car that you were dreaming about.
l8again-That happens to me often,getting hungry, sometime because I didn't eat enogh protein or when watching the tv & the food commericals come on. I just go for a couple of slices of deli turkey or 1 tb of pb helps the craving and hunger.

punezella-Oh diffentately,it has to be the Atkins or low carbing that are bringing the numbers down. Carbs are the worst if not eatten right. I'm really surprised that manufacturer's didn't keep up with their low carb products. Its very hard to find them in the supermarket these days. Have to make everything from scratch. Hopefully One day people will wake up and demand that low carbing products come back to the supermarket shelves.

Have a great day

RobinW
03-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Robin, So stange that your hair would be curlier! I have never noticed any real changes, like more headaches or sleepyness on atkins ( I'v had headachs and drowsieness everyday for years) I do have less hunger on induction, But no "atkins flu" .

Keep up the good work everyone!

yup, it gets very curly.....so curly I had to let my hair grow because I couldnt do anything with it :lol: Even my mom wanted to know what I did to my hair!!

Arkansas Kel
03-22-2007, 01:09 AM
OK, when I'm on low carb I too notice changes in my hair. It doesn't get curlier, but it gets better - softer maybe? It's already so thick and curly/wavy that it would be hard to tell if it got thicker or curly. My nails do get stronger. My fingernails break less. My complexion improves. Usually my energy level goes up, except this is TOM week and my energy level crashes this week naturally. Usually my TOM is less dramatic, but it wasn't this week, but I was off plan while sick last week, so is to be expected.

I say to all you folks overeating on salad and pickles - munch on! How on earth could you overeat lettuce? Overeat low carb raw veggies? Better that than no 1 meal at Mcd! Better a couple pickles than a bag of chips! I say you're doing fine to eat extra raw veggies and pickles. Keep up the good work!

RobinW
03-22-2007, 08:59 AM
I say to all you folks overeating on salad and pickles - munch on! How on earth could you overeat lettuce? Overeat low carb raw veggies? Better that than no 1 meal at Mcd! Better a couple pickles than a bag of chips! I say you're doing fine to eat extra raw veggies and pickles. Keep up the good work!

Your right Kel!!!! I was so hungry last night, I opened up the fridge and really all that was in there to munch on was left over pasta.....then I spotted the pickles :lol: 4 of those, and I was good for the night.

Well, today is the day we take back our little street rod focus (those words dont go together do they??!!) :lol3: We called our salesman, and told him what we wanted, so hopefully he will be able to find it for us and make the purchase today.

Eating has been op, and Im starting day 4. Very tired.....it takes 2 weeks for my body to switch to fat burning right? I think Im remembering that right, I'll have to pull my book out again. So it could be another week and a half of tiredness. I can live with that tho.

Have a great day ladies!

beach bum
03-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

It looks like its going to rain,any minute. They di say that we are excpeting showers today. Leo is coming down with something that he believes came fromn the doctors office. Germs on door knobs & even on the magazines that you read. He told me that he thinks that they should have purell in the waiting rooms,like they do on e the cruise ships.

Robin-I never heard of that,that Atkins makes you hair curly. I've not seen anything different about my hair, except like Kel my hair is softer.

Kel-Wish my nails were strong I find them breaking all the time,so I keep them short.My sister tells me to use geletin to improve the nails but it doesn't work.

Have to go

Will post later

lady_adnerb
03-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Robin: Congrats on the 4 lbs! Wish I could say the same!! My scale hasn't gone anywhere. But I can tell from the look of my belly that the bloating is gone. I'll take that :) Enjoy the car ride :) Thanks for the reminder that it takes a while for the energy to kick in--and the fat burning!

Shelly: WTG on staying away from the Dorito's!! And don't worry about the amount of salad--especially if it's keeping you OP! I'd say if you don't see a problem with the pickles go for it. Dang, now you've got me wanting one! :lol:

Punce: :wave:

BB: And here I thought we were cold yet! I'll take our weather. We had a wicked T-storm last night..but it brought in some warmer weather (lol...I think 50's is warm. Other's probably still think that's freezing) so I'm hanging wash on the line. Hope your nice weather comes soon! Our Dr's office has the hand sanitizer by the desk. I think it's a great idea and should have them all over!!

Kel: I like your attitude about the veggies! You're right...munch on!

Well, woke up this morning so tired I ended up going back to bed for an hour after the DD's were off to school. I didn't sleep well last night (shoulder to fingertip pain). Once I got that little nap in, I'm feeling a little better. I'm going to do some wash and hang it on the clothesline. I guess it's supposed to be nice the next couple days. So hopefully tomorrow I can get to our sheets and get those washed. I LOVE fresh smelling sheets. Eating is good, water is better (still not exact..but getting there), no exercise yet (and read w/the new piercing that it should be nothing strenuous....so maybe in the next couple days I'll have energy to do the WATP). ONWARD!!

beach bum
03-23-2007, 09:40 AM

Ughh!! the fog moved in,but yippee its going to be in the 50's today. I do have to get into my lite clothes,going to the Senoir Center to do some singing.

I finally got a whoosh lost 2-lb this morning at W-I so now that brings me down to 160,and hopefully I can say good-bye to the 160's and hello to the 150's next week. I'm going to repeat the menus I did this past week.Went lower on my carbs from 36 gram per day I went down to 32 grams.

Brenda-We finally getting 50 degree weather today,I don't know how long it was last,but I take it. I'mSorry:sorry: to hear about your pain,that takes away your zzz's.Your lucky:lucky: that you can hang out your clothes on the tine, I live in a townhouse community and we're not allowed to do that.

Have to get ready to go with Leo to the dump. We going to get rid of our old computer.

Have a nice day,will post later on in the day.

RobinW
03-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Good Morning

BB~ WTG on the whoosh!! :cb: :dance: <~~~happy dancers for you :D
Brenda~ I love fresh outside dried sheets too.......especially after a bath, I fall asleep before I can even enjoy the smell :lol: I hope you slept better last night.

Im down another 4lbs today, I have all my ankles back :lol:

Day before yesterday I was on the treadmill, and I seemed to pinch a nerve in my hand. I can actually pinpoint the spot on my elbow that runs down to my hand!! When I rub that spot, it makes my hand tingle. Anyway, I dont know what to do about it, it doesnt hurt, just has (not painful) pricklies in my baby and ring finger. More irritating than anthing else. Any ideas?

Other news.........we bought the car!! Focus street package....sporty little thing! We pick it up tomorrow. So today is filled with cleaning out the explorer, and getting all our business graphics off of it.

Alright, well thats all the news.........have a great day ladies!

L8again
03-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Guess what...I got on the scales this morning just for giggles and I was shocked to find that I am down 6 lbs since Monday. Woo Hoooo!!! That helps me to want to keep going.:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Gotta go just wanted to drop in and share the good news. I'll be back later.:hug:

Puncezilla
03-23-2007, 03:02 PM
BB, Wat to go with a 2 lb loss, and congrats on the new car, you must be very excited! I hope you enjoy your good weather.

Robin, down another 4 lbs, Thats awesome! I'v had pinched nerves before in my wrist and shoulder, they usualy go away after a few days, feels pretty creepy till they do.

l8again, You are doing great, the lbs are just flying off!

Brenda, I hope your arm is feeling better. It realy sucks when you don't get enough sleep. and way to go staying OP, I always have more carb cravings when I'm tired.

I'm still OP too and down 2lbs also. I am sooooo looking forward to getting below 200. I hope to be close for easter.

Everyone is doing so good this week! keep it up!

beach bum
03-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the congrats :congrat:ladies,and I want to congrat :cheer: for

Robin on her 4 lb loss

l8again on her 6 lb loss

puncezilla for her 2 loss

We really did great this week, Here to next week also.

lady_adnerb
03-23-2007, 03:40 PM
BB: WTG on the 2 pounds!! I wish I could say I'd be at 150 next week! My scale doesn't want to move :( Glad to hear your weather is better :)

Punce & Shelly: WTG on the weight loss!! Keep up the awesome job!

Robin: Congrats on the new car! Have fun with it!! Sorry to hear about the nerve, and sorry I don't have any advice.

Well, eating is OP, drinking is ALMOST there. No exercise. I have a monster headache so that doesn't help. That goes along w/the lack of sleep. Another gorgeous day out--wish I had the energy to go for a walk to enjoy it!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

RobinW
03-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Sure sign spring is here........bees busing around your head when you are working outside :lol: Yesterday was a beautiful day, I seen a chickadee, and could hear the cardinals!! :sunny: We got all the graphics off the truck, had the xm radio uninstalled....we leave in about an hour to get the new car. Im going to be thrilled with the gas mileage!! We worked it out to about $125.00 savings a month just in gas alone! :eek:

So we will probably be out driving around most of the morning :lol: Have a great day ladies!

beach bum
03-24-2007, 08:48 AM

Is it Spring Yet????? Not up here its not. Frost :brr: all over the lawns.TG My poor little flowers didn't stuck their heads up,or they we frost bite.Went to my singer rehearal yesterday and I wore a lite outfit,today is back to sweats.

Thanks for all the congrats,:congrat:was shocked that the scale actually moved. I think that 35 gr carbs was too much,but lower them to 32 grams made the difference.

Brenda-Hope I will get below the 160's,and not suck at that number. The temps aren't :no:co-operating either like I posted above. I don't like drinking cold water in the winter months,so I had the idea to drink Hot Lemonade,by adding lemon juice & splenda in a mug of hot :hot: water and to my surprise it was delish.............almost like hot tea without the tea bag.

Robin-Have fun :carrot: time driving in your new car. Gee!! thats a big savings $$$$$ you got there. $125 is nothing to sneeze at.

Have to go,

Arkansas Kel
03-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Congrats to all the big losers we've got - pound losers that is.

My own scale has budged down another pound - Made my husband come watch me weigh I got so excited! I haven't seen that number in - well can't remember when. I'm approaching 200 now. OMG, 200! I can see it on the horizon. It's not just a fantasy. I've kept my nose down and kept trying and in little bitty baby steps I've come a long way. I'm over 1/4 done now. Now, to do this 3 more times.

Am still OP, am exercising at a very paced rate - no overexerting - just building a good habit first.

Have started a journal on here too to express myself more. Lovin' it!

RobinW
03-24-2007, 12:12 PM
only 8 more lbs and you will be in onderland Kel!! WTG on your missing lb!! :cb:

RobinW
03-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Robin-Have fun time driving in your new car. Gee!! thats a big savings $$$$$ you got there. $125 is nothing to sneeze at.

thats why we went smaller.....we have gone from and explorer to a focus :lol:

beach bum
03-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground. While I was having my tea I noticed a coyote watching his prey and run across our back yard to get him Leo was too late getting the camera..

Will post later have to get ready for church.

lilybelle
03-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone, I missed you ladies. I'm back from vacation. A not too great trip if anyone cares to read how I described it in the maintainers forum. I'll just call it my Gender Reassignment Vacation. LOL.

Good news is, we are now shopping for a new boat. Plus, I made it home safe and alive.

Sad news is I'm down to my one puppy (Lucy) as (Stitch) the runt was stolen while we were gone. He was so cute and I didn't plan to keep him, but I had given him to my little grandson.

I ate pretty much on plan while on vacation and walked Molly at least 3 miles every day. My clothes from last summer fit perfectly, so I'm happy with this.

Robin, Congrat's on the new car.

RobinW
03-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Lily~I'll have to head over and read how it went, but it sounds like it went pretty good. Im sorry about the puppy tho, Ive always been afraid of someone stealing my animals (when I had them)

BB~ that sounds so cool. I love watching things like that in my own yard. Enjoy your sunday.

We are off to my dh's grandson's b-day party this afternoon. Cake, icecream, pizza and wings galore!! :eek: I have my own chicken thawing as I type........I will resist and have my own supper when I get home.

Still op and getting my exercise in....today it isnt suppose to rain, so I think I'll get my walk in before the b-day party. Giving me more incentive to NOT eat any crap at the party.

Have a great day ladies

lilybelle
03-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Robin, have fun at the Birthday party. Today is my B-day too. #47, not too exciting. DH is at work.

beach bum
03-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi I'm back again,but don't know how long its going to be before I can get back on the computer. While I was at church Leo had problems with the computer,its the Micro Soft Vista's hard drive. The Dell repair man will pull everything off,and start from scratch. We are going to lose everything.So I might be off for the beginning of the week. Don't know when I'll be back take care.

RobinW
03-25-2007, 06:12 PM
:bday2you: :hb:Happy Birthday Lily! :gift: :woo:

beach bum
03-25-2007, 06:49 PM
:joker: :woo:HAPPY BIRTHDAY :bday2you: LILY:woo: :joker:

and many many more. I won't be on the board tomorrow cause off computer problems.

See you late Monday afternoon.

lady_adnerb
03-25-2007, 11:22 PM
HP Lily!

Just wanted to pop in and do a quick drive by. Admit that I screwed up so I can plan on starting fresh tomorrow. I'm sure it was because I weighed myself and got discouraged. Well, at least it wasn't the WHOLE weekend! So that's a plus!!

lilybelle
03-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies. I'll be back to plan A tomorrow after eating too much cake, ice cream and pizza today for my birthday. It was a planned food frenzy, LOL, so it's time for me to straighten up and get back on plan.

RobinW
03-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

Well I did good this past week, Ive managed to whittle away 12lbs. This is an awesome start for me, and great motivation to keep going!! I have to remember to get some potassium/magnesium this week, Ive already starte with the jumpy legs. I suspect the cramping will come along fairly soon. I want to get a start on that before the cramps wake me in the middle of the night.

On to week 2 :coach:

Have a great day ladies.

beach bum
03-26-2007, 09:32 AM

The Dell Guy called yesterday and said that they computer will be off at 1PM our time,so I have time to post.

My plans for this week is to stay closed to my 32 gram of carbs intake. So I can loose another two pounds this week to complete my lenten challenge.

We having a gorgous day for walking,but there no time this morning as we have too my errands to get done,and have to be home before the Dell guy calls and walks Leo thought the computer.He told Leo that he will have to do all the work,hes just going to supervise from the phone line.

Lily-Hope you had a wonderful birthday,and welcome back to the thread,I missed you. You'll lose all that vacation gain.

Brenda-The weekends are the hardest to stay forcus.Along with going on the scale when its not your W-I can be decouraging,I been there now & again. Just get back to Oping.

Robin-Big congrats on your 12 lb loss. Thats a great inchievement & also an inspiration to all of us.

Have to go, hopefully I'll be back on the computer tomorrow morn, if not Wed they latest.

lilybelle
03-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Robin, WTG on the 12 lbs. That is fantastic.

BB, hope your computer is up and running again soon.

I'm back at square one today with sticking to OP eating. I plan to get some potatoes and green beans put in the ground. I also am planning to get back to exercising. My DD wants me to do Atkins with her again for a month. She is worrried about upcoming swimsuit time. LOL. I'll give it a try again after Thursday, (gotta restock groceries first). I'm sure I could stand to re-lose a few lbs. again.

Gotta get new tires on my vehicle today.

Puncezilla
03-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Lily, Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a very interesting vacation. Sorry to hear about your puppy.

Brenda, your not the only one who slipped up. we just have to get right back to it.

Robin, 12LBS is awesome!!!!! I can relate to the leg cramps, Since I quit drinking milk I have to take suppliments to prevent them.

BB, good luck with the computer.

Have a good day!

beach bum
03-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Gals:)

I'm BACK!! Thought I was going be off line for another day or two. The problem with the computer was the autio[speakers didn't work. Now I hope we'll be up for good.

Have to start dinner,Will post tomorrow

lilybelle
03-27-2007, 09:57 AM
BB, glad to see you back on-line.

Ladies, my eating was horrible yesterday. I ate a bunch of the leftover B-day cake. (every time I passed the kitchen I'd cut off a 1"square and pop it in my mouth). I worked outside like crazy. 3 hrs. of gardening. Moved a big stack of firewood. Walked 3 miles. Mowed front yard with riding mower and push-mowed fenced back yard. I weighed this morning and am back up to 145. So time to get serious and drop some lbs. I haven't logged anything in Fitday in over a week, so my pledge today is to restart logging every morsel. I feel fat and bloated. I'm gonna try to chug bunches of water. My back, neck and shoulders are so sore from all the work that I've been taking ibuprofen. I fell asleep , exhausted and sitting up in the chair at 8PM last night.

Today, I have to go to the nursery and get gardening plants and get them planted.

DH did take my vehicle and had new tires put on it yesterday. The spare was 16" and the other tires were 17" and it kept kicking in the all wheel drive. Made it undriveable.

My puppy (Lucy) is quickly catching on to the house-training, so this much is good. Not a single accident since Saturday.

We applied on-line for a new Boat. Should find out something soon if we can get one or not.

beach bum
03-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Happy to be back on line again,hope we don't have anymore crashers or bugs that we don't know about.

Its going to a busy week for me.This afternoon some other woman & I will be heading down to the senior center to straighten out the music sheet drawer. Half the songs folders, are either missing or miss filed. We need to find the Spring/Musicals songs for our program. Tomorrow we're having a emergency rehearsal for Holy Week,and than on Friday I go for a mammagram at 8:40 AM and than back to the Senior Center for another rehearsal for our Spring/Birthday Party. Its funny some times there is nothing to do,and other times its maddening.

Lily-Sorry that you lost your puppies. Hope they find the perosons how stole them. I know about vacations,they are the worst for gaining weight. I dread my Aug vacation to Nova Scotia.I know I 'll be gaining again. Going to try hard myself to get the 13 lbs I gained on the cruise off, I lost 8 now I only have 5 to go. Its doable as I've lost 2 in Jan, 3 in Feb, & 3 in March.

Wish I could start my gardening,but living in the north east I have to wait until the end of May,as we still get frost up here at that time of the year.

Have to go