UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #1  

Default what made you decide....

What made you decided what your target weight would be??

I was updating my ticker today and the thought popped into my head.. i usually only get like "mini" goals as i really have no idea what my target weight would be as i've never been slim. Obviously growing up through teenage years etc i was a smaller frame but always a big build. I honestly couldnt tell you what my weight was till i turned about 17 years old. But i've never been anything less that 15st in the last 10 years (i'm 27 this year)

Anyway i was just wondering what made you all decided what your ideal weight would be? is it a weight that you once were? do you know what your ideal weight would be? have you no idea just like me and will be happy when it feels right??

Dolci xx
DolciFiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #2  

I don't really havea target weight but I just think it would be really great if my stomach disappeared. Now I do not mean I want to be a bean pole. If my tummy shrinks and I get down to a size 16 that will do me! I do not think I would look great with no 'girls' or arse.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/203/167

Height: 5"5

do slimming world use a third of your weight to figger it out or somthing?
im not sure how margret (slim style leader) figgured out mine but she's put 11stone.
i personally would like to get down to 10 stone 3lbs. as thats the highest weight i can be within the "normal range" according to the bmi calculator.
nicolae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #4  

oh i dont want a "target" set by a book or a formula - i like making my own mini ones. Obviously i want a healthy weight for my height but i cant see how me saying i wanted to be, for example - 10st 3lb would actually make me want to be that weight and actually give me any motivation at all. I think maybe because i dont know when i was ever that weight i have nothing to compare it to maybe??
Old 03-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/203/167

Height: 5"5

possibly. why dont you set mini targets for a stone. then it wont seem like such a lot (57)
for example if you have one for your 2st stone it'll be a lot more inspiring:
5lbs lost.. 9more to go.
nicolae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #6  

see i tried that one before and again i didnt get much motivation from it really because i couldnt see a true reflection of what i'd lost - i'm happy with the way i've done it now.
I was just curious of how others came to their decision
Old 03-19-2007, 09:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Hmmm..

I'm not really sure how i came to my magic number. I'm not too bothered about the scale i'm beginning to realise that inches matter more as this is what people can see and as for the scale..that's my secret(excuse the ticker ).

I've always wanted to be size 12..i don't know i just see it as a normal average size esp since i'm 5'8 and i think 10 stone 7/ maybe 11 stone will be an ok weight for me to get into those jeans anywhere with the size 12 label on them!! I also remember just going out with friends to buy clothes and realising this was the normal size.

My friend's are all much shorter than me so i can't really compare, but there was a time i remember when i lost lots of weight just by changeing my group of friends i use to hang out with and i put on my size 12 jeans and they were so loose and comfy, and my stomach was soooooo flat. I don't know where those jeans are now but i would love to have that feeling again.

I also don't bother with the BMI thing, i KNOW my body and i KNOW what looks good on me.
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:33 AM   #8  

my goal weight is based upon what i was when i was in my 20`s and i felt good. i did drop to 7.7stone but found i was becoming a little too obsessive about everything related to food etc.
however what suited me in my 20`s, may not be right for me now in my early 40`s, so im prepared to readjust as i get closer.
does anyone else think that clothes have got bigger for the "same" size. what i mean is many years ago (about 20) i was 12.7 stone and i was fitting into a size 18. a couple of weeks ago when i was 13.7(have lost more since) i bought myself a pair of size 18 jeans, yet i was a whole stone heavier than before hopefully this means i will fit into a size 10 before i get to the 8 stone something mark mad
madaboutbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well I always wanted to be 10 stone - my Mum still wants to be 10 stone, so that is a nice mythical goal.

However as I got nearer to 11 stone, I figured that that was quite a nice goal. Then, now as I'm 12stone 6 I feel pretty nice where I am thankyouverymuch, but did quite like being 11stone 8 when I got that low, however it wasn't worth busting a gut over, so I will see what happens.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

My aim was to get into a normal size pair of jeans which in my mind was a size 12. I have since gone down to a size 10 in trousers. My target was always nine and a half stone which I got to before Christmas I have since put on a few pounds but I am amending my target to eight stone 13 since I am a shorty. However I was happy enough at nine stone 6.

I started at a size 22 and I am five feet I was a little barrel

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #11  

micheleherts, i know what you mean by your last comment. i`m only 5`1" and was wearing at least a size 22. i had problems reaching my toes - my stomach used to get in the way i have still a way to go though, but things are much better already.you have done so well, mad
madaboutbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #12  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I decided on 150 as it's a nice round number. I can't remember when I was that weight, it's been a long time.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #13  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

I recall looking pretty good at 150 - not real slinky and skinny, but slim enough to be in size 10/12's which I feel very comfortable with. Smaller would be nicer, but I'm trying to be very relaistic, here.
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #14  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Ooops! That would be REALISTIC, now, wouldn't it? LOL!!!
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

Last time I lost weight I got to 10st7ish, and still felt I could do with losing a bit more. I was wearing size 12 at the time and think I would be comfortable in size 10. My goal weight is just an estimate of what I might weight at size 10 so I can see my ticker moving.
wana wear a bikini is offline   Reply With Quote